• Matthew Craggs

★★★ Watched by Matthew Craggs 06 Dec, 2016

I appreciate a lot about this movie but holy crap, do you ever have to be in the right mood going into it.

• David_Bautista

Added by David_Bautista

• Mike Portnoy

★★★½ Watched by Mike Portnoy 02 Dec, 2016

What the hell did I just watch???
    That was the closest thing I've seen to a modern-day Eraserhead (with touches of Enter The Void, 2001: A Space Odyssey and a soundtrack reminiscent of Pompeii-era Pink Floyd)
    If you're looking for something easy to digest, don't bother...you'll hate this...but if you're looking for something absolutely gorgeous to look at and trip out on, this is for you!
    If this were released in the golden age of Midnight Cult films, this woulda…

• filmratings

★★★★★ Added by filmratings

Must be watched several times before you can fully appreciate its genius. A modern classic.

• Cole Bradley

★★½ Watched by Cole Bradley 16 Nov, 2016

On one hand, it's pretty as fuck

On the other hand, it's boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Jordi Ararà

★★★½ Watched by Jordi Ararà 16 Nov, 2016

Estem tots bojos. Uns per fer pel·lícules així, i uns altres per celebrar-les sense entendre pràcticament res.

• Kyle Jonathan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Jonathan 03 Nov, 2016

Beyond the Black Rainbow

2012. Directed by Panos Cosmatos.

Beyond the Black Rainbow is a film out of time, a bad acid nightmare that would have been right at home on the VHS shelves of the 1980's. An exercise in personal catharsis for the director after losing his parents, Beyond the Black Rainbow is an amalgam of surreal cinematic influences, that uses confounding and genuinely gorgeous alien aesthetics to present an unsettling exploration of what lies beyond the limits of…

• Adam Joco

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Joco 01 Nov, 2016

Out fucking standing

• Andy Smith

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Smith 30 Oct, 2016

Thins a bit on 2nd viewing. Music and visuals still off-the-chart strong.

• Rauno

★★★½ Watched by Rauno 24 Oct, 2016

22nd horror movie in October 2016

Man, I haven't been this conflicted about a movie in very long time.
    The audio-visuals of most of the movie are *extremely* my shit. Like fucking-inject-it-into-my-veins-please. Style over substence taken to the extreme.
    But the... story? Narrative? Whatever? Suppose they were going for some deep shit but it did not work for me.
    But that atmosphere though, gooooood damn.

• jimmyjone

★★ Added by jimmyjone

Well, it's stylish as fuck.

• Kalpit Tandon

★½ Watched by Kalpit Tandon 19 Oct, 2016

Do not push it for high art. Do not name it as science fiction. There are no symbols hidden and no layers to unwrap. And yes, I couldn't care less about the characters.

It unacceptably suspends narrative arc for flamboyant visuals which are rhetorical in lighting and makes utterly no sense. Beyond the Black Rainbow is a fevered hysteria which swims in waters which are deep enough for it to drown and die.