• w_nderer

★★★★½

Leaving Scientology: the film.

• Avi Hanner

★★★

Sound design is shit hot!

A clear inspiration for Stranger Things.

• HueHueHueHue

Will rewatch. Second time i've fallen asleep while watching this movie; great style, blah acting.

• Johan Soetewey

★★★½

I really liked the cinematography of this movie. Many shots have a beautiful colour palette. Also the audio is very good, very nice sound design. The soundtrack is a good mix between 80s synths and psychedelic sounds. But I did find the story to be confusing and not clear what makes it difficult to gain empathy for the characters. Also notice that some songs/tracks are used more then two times what causes the song to lose its effect.

• Ben Nadeau

★★★★★

A wild trip -- you need to be mentally prepared for this before seeing it.

• Brian Koukol

Two hours of surreal, experimental who-gives-a-shit. A nearly unendurable channeling of better movies from a bygone era, most of which actually managed to integrate some sort of plot. Style over substance, but even the style leans toward the tedious.

• willfritz

★★★★½

visually pleasing film. great design

• Alisdair

★★★★

STUPID BUT ALSO HAS SOME COOL STUFF TO WATCH WHEN YOU ARE KINDA BUZZED AND HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO BLACK METAL ALL DAY

• Jenna Ipcar

½

Oh god, how did I forget to review this awful, awful movie? What an absolute disappointment this was. Empty, flat, meaningless and pretentious as shit. Before every cut there's a fade out. There's no characters. The dialogue is meaningless. I almost fell asleep twice. This movie feels like it's about 800 years long. There is all of one scene that was well done, and it's just because it scared the shit out of me in a movie where nothing happens for an hour and fifty minutes. Real shame, it seemed like something that should have been right up my alley.

• (# ^-^)

★½

Didn't really enjoy this up until the ending, it was kinda boring even though there is a very powerful scene.
    Visuals and soundtrack were A1 but the story was really underdeveloped and it all seemed to be a way for the director to show off.

• JakeTheSandbag

★½

I was really looking forward to a David Lynch-esque, weird as fuck sci-fi film, and was left utterly appalled (not as it intended) and disappointed. This film, despite having some of the most astounding cinematography and a decent score (which makes up for all 3 points I gave it), is one of the most pretentious pieces of film I have ever seen. I hated it.

• Shervin Ghiami

★★★

Some great cinematography in this visual delight, but the substance of the film leaves a bad taste in the mouth.