• xorozido

★★½ Watched by xorozido 24 Jul, 2016

Για video clip ωραίο,για ταινία χμ.

• Andy Lunn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Lunn 22 Jul, 2016

An absolute treat for the senses, albeit a rather bonkers and at times disturbing one. A modern masterpiece in film making.

• Daria Dykes

Watched by Daria Dykes 24 Jul, 2016 2

Maybe it was a mistake to watch this when I was sleepy... but I have no idea what in the hell just happened. I know I wasn't dreaming, my dreams are more straightforward and logical.

I'll give it another try soon. In the meantime, I only recommend it if you are prepared to pay close attention.

• Stautis

★★★★ Watched by Stautis 22 Jul, 2016

Future, present and the past merged with technology merged with existentialism creates the institute. Either a mind-powered relaxation-plant or an organized concentration of a channeling of higher powers, or both. Self pronounced leaders, scholars and visionaries, put in control over the unique powers of the masses. Using their position both to ascend to higher planes and seize control over lower ones, and what better way to get it than having it handed over willfully. The triangular government suppressing the threatening…

• leilacourt

★★★★ Watched by leilacourt 16 Jul, 2016

Aestheticly mysterious and surreal

• Rory Mckane

★★★ Watched by Rory Mckane 11 Jul, 2016

I have no idea what that was, but fuck did it look and sound beautiful.

• Steven Adam Renkovish

★★★★★ Added by Steven Adam Renkovish

In this wonderfully baffling debut film from director Panos Cosmatos, a young woman with telekinetic powers is held captive by a mad doctor in a Kubrickian new age institute. The time is 1983. Through a series of psychedelic flashbacks, we witness the circumstances which led to the doctor's mental and emotional breakdown, as well as the young lady's captivity. To reveal anything more than that would be impossible, but one thing is for certain: fans of films such as Altered…

• Scott McCullough

★★ Added by Scott McCullough

I loved everything about this movie except the movie. Top notch visuals, great score, detailed costumes and sets but next to no story.

• Jordan Lindsay

★★★★½ Watched by Jordan Lindsay 07 Jul, 2016

Visually arresting, intoxicating and dreamlike. The retro sci-fi feel of the production was fantastic from the brightly illuminated rooms of the institute to the creepy robotic guard in the corridors. A sense of dread followed the film in a clinical and overbearingly taut manner.

Great cheesy, synthy, surreal soundtrack that fitted perfectly with the overall aesthetic.

Strong acting from both leads. Lack of dialogue through the film added to the intensity. I found some of the few bits of dialogue…

• K Massey

★★★★★ Watched by K Massey 02 Jul, 2016

Beyond the Black Rainbow

2010. Directed by Panos Cosmatos.

Hypnotic. Insidious. Glacial. Beautiful.

Sentionaut. Devil's Tear Drop. Black. Liquid.

Needle. White. Mutant. Sex.

Control. Reagan. 35mm. Prison.

Journey. TV. Cold War. Psychic Scream.

One of a Kind. Suspiria's Daughter. Kubrick's Kiss. Red.

1983. Bereavement. Addiction. Static.

Action Figure. Wig. Contacts. Impossible to Describe.

Watch. This. Movie. Love.

• katya.

½ Watched by katya. 30 Jun, 2016

i didn't know this movie exists till i saw it on some list of underrated sci fi movies and let me tell you my ass is always up for underrated unknown sci fi movies!! give me all of them! so i didn't even bother getting informed on this one apart from reading the synopsis and went blind into watching and holy cows was it hard to watch!! especially at 1am, i don't know what i was thinking. i watched 1…

• Dan"h" theman"h"

★★★★½ Watched by Dan"h" theman"h" 27 Jun, 2016 1

lost half a star cuz of that rock. wtf, bro.... fucking canadians.