• tttaub

★★★★★ Watched by tttaub 30 May, 2015

Ketamine caught on film. Congrats.

• Ross Birks

★★½ Watched by Ross Birks 18 May, 2015

Beyond the Black Rainbow is one of the most frustrating films I've seen recently. I love Cosmatos's dedication to building a world ripped straight from the covers of 80s VHS boxes lying in the genre section, but the nuts and bolts of his storytelling could use a serious fuel-injection. Overlong at 110 minutes, Black Rainbow presents itself a sensory experience that does little else but throb away non-stop. It's gorgeous to look at and take in but the meat on…

• mysterio

★★★★½ Rewatched by mysterio 15 May, 2015

Visually stunning accompanied with an incredible soundtrack. Obviously the film is full of itself but is that a bad thing? For me it is not. Not the end all and be all of film but up there for me in terms of experience.

• Reece Leonard

★★½ Watched by Reece Leonard 11 May, 2015

Visually stunning and not much else, "Beyond the Black Rainbow" is more preoccupied with cultivating an 80's aesthetic than it is with actually saying something.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

Pass the Bong and settle in. It's gonna be a wild ride.

But really I love the colors & score in this film.

• MrSneakyMan

★★★★½ Watched by MrSneakyMan 01 May, 2015

Ultra-stylized and deeply introspective this movie is what would result if someone hooked the dream recorder from Brainstorm up to David Cronenberg while he slept through a scalding fever in the early 80s.

Hypnotic, beautiful, disturbing. I love this movie.

• Romain Mereau

★★★★½ Watched by Romain Mereau 18 Apr, 2015

“Hello, my name is Dr. Mercurio Arboria, and I am the founder of the Arboria institute.
    It has long been my dream to find the perfect way for people to achieve simply - happiness, contentment, inner peace. These seem to be things that strangely elude us all. But it doesn't have to be that way. We at Arboria have found a path.”

Concocted of saturated red and blue lighting, macro-focus close ups and pulsating electric ambience, Beyond the Black Rainbow

• Anny

★★ Watched by Anny 24 Apr, 2015

Beyond the Black Rainbow is extremely intriguing. Unfortunately, it is for all the wrong reasons! It makes you wonder how a movie so well made, with so many great shots and a conscious effort to engage you in this atmospheric world can be so extremely boring.

• ultrakevin900

★★½ Watched by ultrakevin900 13 Apr, 2015

Sounds! Sights! Colors! A really cool art installation. I just wish the door wasn't locked behind me for an hour and forty minutes.

• Puke Larry

★½ Watched by Puke Larry 19 Apr, 2015 9

This movie is like a visual manifestation of a headache I can't get rid of.

• jmhuston

Watched by jmhuston 17 Apr, 2015

Your friendly neighborhood meth addict is less rambling and incoherent

• G. Smalley

★★★ Rewatched by G. Smalley 12 Apr, 2015

At the "Arboria Institute" in 1983, a doctor holds a telepathic woman hostage, performing unexplained experiments involving a glowing pyramid. The plot is underdeveloped---what's there is delivered at a glacial pace with details that are deliberately vague and confusing---but the Kubrick-inspired experimental visuals and 1980s mind-trip atmosphere make it worth a look for patient cult film fans.