• Romain Mereau

★★★★½ Watched by Romain Mereau 18 Apr, 2015

“Hello, my name is Dr. Mercurio Arboria, and I am the founder of the Arboria institute.
    It has long been my dream to find the perfect way for people to achieve simply - happiness, contentment, inner peace. These seem to be things that strangely elude us all. But it doesn't have to be that way. We at Arboria have found a path.”

Concocted of saturated red and blue lighting, macro-focus close ups and pulsating electric ambience, Beyond the Black Rainbow

• Anny

★★ Watched by Anny 24 Apr, 2015

Beyond the Black Rainbow is extremely intriguing. Unfortunately, it is for all the wrong reasons! It makes you wonder how a movie so well made, with so many great shots and a conscious effort to engage you in this atmospheric world can be so extremely boring.

• ultrakevin900

★★½ Watched by ultrakevin900 13 Apr, 2015

Sounds! Sights! Colors! A really cool art installation. I just wish the door wasn't locked behind me for an hour and forty minutes.

• Puke Larry

★½ Watched by Puke Larry 19 Apr, 2015 9

This movie is like a visual manifestation of a headache I can't get rid of.

• jmhuston

Watched by jmhuston 17 Apr, 2015

Your friendly neighborhood meth addict is less rambling and incoherent

• G. Smalley

★★★ Rewatched by G. Smalley 12 Apr, 2015

At the "Arboria Institute" in 1983, a doctor holds a telepathic woman hostage, performing unexplained experiments involving a glowing pyramid. The plot is underdeveloped---what's there is delivered at a glacial pace with details that are deliberately vague and confusing---but the Kubrick-inspired experimental visuals and 1980s mind-trip atmosphere make it worth a look for patient cult film fans.

• Robert Motherwell

★★★★ Added by Robert Motherwell

"A State of Mind
    A Way of Being"
    Possibly one of the weirdest films I've seen in my life-up there with anything Lynch has ever done.
    Evil Dr. Nyle is keeping a girl with telekinesis named Elena imprisoned in a mysterious institute(called Arboria) while he plays mind games with her.
    "A Practical Application
    of An Abstract Idea"
    After a spellbinding introduction, in which we see a lone man drenched in red light who is giving a promotion speech for Arboria;…

• damug

Watched by damug 12 Apr, 2015

Good music, bad movie.

• Jer Fairall

★★½ Watched by Jer Fairall 10 Apr, 2015

At least I got to see some cool colours.

• Quan_Chi

★★★ Watched by Quan_Chi 07 Apr, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film #15 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge

letterboxd.com/quan_chi/list/scavenger-hunt/

14. A film by a director whose films I've never seen
    ___________________________________________________________

Visually it's pretty awesome. I may have to rewatch it some time, I'm kind of perplexed by it.

• James

★★★½ Watched by James 06 Apr, 2015

The long-anticipated prequel to "Happy Hell Night!"

(i.e. the killers in both movies seriously look exactly the same. And both are solid flicks for entirely different reasons. Check 'em out.)

• Fsjallink