• Andy Lunn

★★★★★ Watched by Andy Lunn 07 Aug, 2015

I'd been itching to see this for some time, but a UK release wasn't forthcoming. I then found out that I could get a second hand region 1 copy for just over 6 quid shipped. I thought, why not?

Will six British pounds every be spent so wisely again? What a wonderful, bonkers treat for the senses. To be honest, I'll need to watch it again to get my head round it, and offer a proper review. For now, I remain in awe and extremely pleased that movies like this are still made today.

• Jack Keane

★★★★★ Watched by Jack Keane 12 Aug, 2015 4

"Bring home the mother lode, Barry..."

***

I still remember the days when I went into Blockbuster Video as a kid.

I loved every rare excursion we had there.
    I loved the smell of the place.
    The patterns on the carpet.
    The film clips playing on the TV's hanging from the ceilings.
    The cardboard corner where the sweets, soda and popcorn were displayed.

Most of all, I loved wandering through the aisles, gazing at the covers of all the weird…

• tttaub

★★★★★ Watched by tttaub 30 May, 2015

Ketamine caught on film. Congrats.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

Pass the Bong and settle in. It's gonna be a wild ride.

But really I love the colors & score in this film.

• autre

★★★★★ Rewatched by autre 17 Jan, 2015

I keep re-watching this film in moments of existential fatigue.

Somehow, this and Only God Forgives are a vitamin shot to my 21st century film dismay...

• MrPootytang

★★★★★ Watched by MrPootytang 08 Oct, 2014

Beyond the Black Rainbow is congeneric to a drug-induced journey of the mind. Panos Cosmatos' masterstroke is sui generis with its heavy use of red and its gloomy atmosphere. I was fascinated by the abstract and artistic style of this movie, it's far from the norm to its neighbors in the sci-fi genre. It borrows ideas and abstruse concepts from the bizarre of 80's, it's all very appealing and comes together nicely. The soundtrack is amazing and precisely fitting, it…

• Kayla Placencio

★★★★★ Added by Kayla Placencio

This exceeded all expectations. Exactly what I crave in a film ambitious, creative, without apology.

• Just Blake

★★★★★ Rewatched by Just Blake 17 Jul, 2014

Wow!

• Peter Valerio

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Valerio 18 Jun, 2014

Imagine David Lynch and David Cronenberg co-directed an experimental/psychedelic film with an incredible early 80's synth score. Then watch this. You're welcome.

• Devin Pierce

★★★★★ Added by Devin Pierce

This is one of my favorite films. The images are so beautiful I just can't get enough of it. If you are looking for a strange film this is a good one to watch.

• Martin Jensen

★★★★★ Watched by Martin Jensen 12 Apr, 2014

Wow. I know I've been handing out the 5 stars like candy recently, but... this film's bizarre visceral impact is undeniable. Whether that appeals to you is another thing. It definitely appeals to me.

I did have one quibble with the cinematography. I was surprised to find it had been shot on film, because it looked like digital trying to emulate film. It seemed like half of it was out of focus, enough for me to be convinced it was…

• JC Shaffer

★★★★★ Watched by JC Shaffer 16 Feb, 2014

Visually amazing, and chilling in a subconscious kind of way. I will need to watch it at least once more to write a proper review.