• Chaz_420

★★★★★ Added by Chaz_420

guess how much work I got done today...................Nun.

• martin martin kochany

★★★★★ Added by martin martin kochany

So erotic intense and suppressed

• Sky

★★★★★ Watched by Sky 30 Mar, 2015

The last twenty minutes are amazing and so beautifully shot (as were the other eighty).

• Dave Bastian

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dave Bastian 15 Mar, 2006

Five nuns lose their faith—and their minds—in a remote Himalayan samaritan outpost. This is the Mother Superior of the nun genre—a beautiful, terrifying, hot-blooded melodrama that begins with a whisper and goes out with a scream. Stunning technicolor photography by Jack Cardiff and art direction by Alfred Junge, both of whom won Oscars. One of the most chilling portraits of madness ever committed to film.

• george the beast

★★★★★ Watched by george the beast 20 Mar, 2015

it's one of those films that they have to play it on theatres at least 5 times a year cause the cinematography IS BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!
    watch it at least on a 40 inch tv , it will make you breathless from some scenes!
    WATCH IT!!!

• Corey Hiscocks

★★★★★ Rewatched by Corey Hiscocks 05 Mar, 2015

Becoming one of my all-time favorites. I'll come back to this.

• Gavin Midgley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gavin Midgley 19 Feb, 2015

Utterly intoxicating.

• Walker King

★★★★★ Watched by Walker King 15 Jan, 2015

Excellent use of close-ups that isolate the pure facial features of each actress, exaggerated by their white habits. Less erotic than reputed, Jean Simmons dancing aside. Sister Ruth's "crazy look" is really terrifying.

• Danny Webster

★★★★★ Watched by Danny Webster 10 Jan, 2015 7

Director Project

Director: Michael Powell (and Emeric Pressburger) (Third Film)

Black Narcissus is startling. It's startling because of its omniscient and thick erotic atmosphere, and all of this, in a film about nuns setting up a school in India. The immediate purity of the clothing worn by the nuns is (yet again) masterfully inventive as it opposes the natural and vibrant colours of the Himalayas and its surrounding terrain. Carnality meets oppressed sexuality in a film that doesn't rely on…

• Miles Lemaire

★★★★★ Rewatched by Miles Lemaire 02 Jan, 2015

My appreciation for this one grows with every re-watch. Powell and Pressburger are in my personal Mt. Rushmore of filmmakers. So many subversive ideas and images in such a crowd pleasing package. Oh yeah, and it's gorgeous beyond measure. Nothing else looks like this.

• Timcop

★★★★★ Watched by Timcop 28 Dec, 2014 2

Nuns On The Run (From Sanity)

• Glorbes

★★★★★ Rewatched by Glorbes 20 Dec, 2014

That's right...I watched it again (this time with my brother). And he liked it too.