• Kelly

★★★★★ Added by Kelly

this was the first rated R movie I had ever seen and I literally begged my mom for 3 hours to let my ten year old self watch it and she finally said yes and skipped through literally every scene in the movie so I had no idea what was going on, but now after watching it again I can safely say that this is a masterful film and DARREN WHERE U AT??!? NOAH WAS SHIT WE WANT THIS #QUALITY AGAIN!!

• Ismael Carrasco

★★★½ Added by Ismael Carrasco

Cult

• Nicholas Moignard

★★★★★ Watched by Nicholas Moignard 09 Feb, 2016

fucking astounding

• Heather

★★★★ Added by Heather

I just really love this movie. God bless.

• Daniel Kibbe

★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Kibbe 28 Jan, 2016 3

this was screened in my ethics class, and we had a good discussion about its conjuring of the uncanny, and how it utilizes the principles of Lacan's "mirror phase" philosophy to construct a hopeless longing for a perfect self, as well as establish the main character as a naïve almost infant-like entity. it also subverts the traditional forms of ballet, although in the must obvious way: lots of medium angles and close-ups throughout the performances, done in a visceral, hand-held…

• Isart

★★★★ Rewatched by Isart 06 Feb, 2016

Representa de forma muy efectiva el tormento y la transformación física —y metafórica— de Nina. La obsesión, la presión, la dualidad y el enfrentamiento psicológico.

Me sigue pareciendo la película más inspirada y redonda de Aronofsky, en la que equilibra mejor que nunca sus técnicas y recursos para impactar y sacudir la mente del espectador. Al menos conmigo lo consigue.

• Dane

★★★ Rewatched by Dane 05 Feb, 2016

I remember liking this film quite a bit, but it turns out those moments that really stuck with me were actually just the last 5-10 minutes. It's essentially just two hours of Natalie Portman in slightly shaky close-up, and she isn't consistently compelling enough to make that work. She's really stunning in moments, but her performance ultimately feels pretty thin (I was glad when she won, but I would have given the Oscar to Annette Bening). Overall, the film is visually lackluster and repetitive and the parts that aren't often feel exploitative or "edgy." The ending is still great though.

• Tony

★★★ Added by Tony

I felt like it tried to be 2deep4me but it wasn't. I really enjoyed Natalie Portman's acting though.

• Spencer

Added by Spencer

this was disturbing as hell and not in the good way

• Dvmining

★★★★½ Added by Dvmining

Literally, almost a perfect film. The way Aronofsky directs his actors is unlike any director of this generation. DP Matthew Libatique is a true artist with the way he presents movements and still frames. The true beauty of the movie comes with its representation of the over done Swan Lake and by putting his own twist on the story. This is his companion piece to The Wrestler and you can completely tell by the way both main characters completely lose themselves in their art.

• liviwb

★★★ Added by liviwb

Too much horror for me.

• Andrew Blanchard

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Blanchard 31 Jan, 2016

Who ever would have thought that a movie about ballet dancers could be so chilling and disturbing. #ConfusedBoner