• spacegirlgail

★★★★ Added by spacegirlgail

Bat shit crazy but wonderful performances. Some of the physicality had me genuinely shuddering. So much melodrama but a very enjoyable watch.

• Paul Lister

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Lister 18 Sep, 2014 4

Having talent in the arts is often linked - rightly or wrongly - with the person in question being mentally perturbed. Great art has often come from people with supposed mental difficulties but we rarely consider the effect of that talents efforts in bringing the art they so strive to perfect. Nina (Natalie Portman) is a frigid, naive young ballet dancer with a prestigious New York dance company. She certainly has talent, she certainly strives for perfection but she seems…

• MovieGuru

★★★★½ Added by MovieGuru

If in doubt, watch this film.

So powerful. So elegant. So thrilling. So disturbing.

Must be starting to lose count of the number of times I've seen this thriller. If not for their phenomenal acting, it's for *that* scene which involves Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman and her sex face in.

IF YER KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

• Adam Cadre

★★½ Watched by Adam Cadre 02 Oct, 2011

• Riley Bain

★★★★ Watched by Riley Bain 15 Sep, 2014

Holy effing shit.... what a performance by Natalie Portman. Man, this movie is so dark but at the same time so pristine. Had me hooked from the very start. You could say I'm a little disappointed that I took this long to check it out.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 20 Jan, 2011

Black Swan is a bizarre, beautiful, and powerful film that was even better than I expected and that really blew me away. This movie employs awkward plot elements and transforms them into cinematic art of incredible intensity and beauty. Darren Aronofsky's direction is the work of a genius and Natalie Portman's performance, in quite possibly the role of her career, is one for the ages.

Intriguing, sometimes unclassifiable, and with a really evocative visual power, this film is heart-throbbing until…

• Dramatic Reviews

★★★★★ Added by Dramatic Reviews

The adaptation of Swan Lake delivered to us in the form of a Rated R film. Wow! What made this so intriguing was how would Darren Aronofsky justify this rating. I was expecting to come out of Black Swan a little moved or maybe even bored, but I was fascinated to say the least. The perfect description to Black Swan would be a beautiful and complete mind fuck/head trip with chilling hallucinations around every corner. Natalie Portman is amazing in…

• John Connor

★★★★½ Watched by John Connor 15 Jan, 2011

Mad, ridiculous, melodramatic ... and so so much fun. As Portman's ballerina disintegrates mentally, Aronofsky uses every trick in the book to make you laugh, or jump, or cringe, or all of them at the same time. Body-horror and ballet make a perfect match of genre and setting, but to call it a horror film is to do it an injustice: it's so much more besides.

• 24thhero

★★★★½ Added by 24thhero

Black Swan is intense, artistic and smart. Natalie Portman gives the performance of her career and the direction of Aronofsky is so to the point that magnifies the strength of Portman's performance. The film is truly a triumph due to the fact that it is groundbreaking; it is one of the most serious and important films of the past few years that perfectly combines beauty and horror.

• tscarp

★★★★★ Rewatched by tscarp 11 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• von Hemert

★★★★½ Watched by von Hemert 08 Sep, 2014

one of the prettiest films

• E Harrison

★★★★ Watched by E Harrison 08 Sep, 2014

this movie is For the Birds!!!!!!!!!!!