• Warren Gow

★★★★½ Watched by Warren Gow 21 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• William Eguizabal

★★★★½ Watched by William Eguizabal 31 Dec, 2010

• Thomas

★★★★★ Watched by Thomas 19 Aug, 2014

Who thought of this movie?! Its genius! Stellar performances all around, Portman was top notch, awesome editing and the cinementogaraphy was beautiful.

• Alice Bishop

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alice Bishop 18 Aug, 2014 2

The remarkable thing about Black Swan is that for a film consisting of so many unoriginal ideas, with blatant references to The Red Shoes and Perfect Blue, it feels so fresh and unique.

Darren Aronofksy consistently shines when it comes to projecting the inner turmoil of a specific character; particularly in relation to the human body. Whether it be Mickey Rourke drawing blood with a razor blade in The Wrestler or Sean Gullette putting a drill to his head in…

• Kev

★★★★ Added by Kev

3.75/5

• Cinedude

★★★★½ Watched by Cinedude 15 Aug, 2014

Wow! What an incredible film!

Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan is a harrowing and absolutely chilling portrayal of obsession. Natalie Portman deals out a hypnotic performance as a dedicated dancer in New York named Nina.

Her director states that they are to open the dance season up with Swan Lake. As she starts out as an innocent and sweet woman, over the course of the film, her obsession drives her to the point of insanity. As madness ensues, her life becomes…

• Dorabella

★★★★★ Watched by Dorabella 12 Aug, 2014

Fantasztikus, elgondolkodtató.

• Alice Souza

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alice Souza 13 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Brad Stephenson

★★★ Rewatched by Brad Stephenson 09 Aug, 2014

Black Swan's most successful moments are those that assault the senses and unnerve the viewer. The dramatic transformation Nina undergoes during her performance is the crescendo Aronofsky builds to throughout the film. The third act is certainly the best part and the spiral into madness is successful (in my opinion) despite the film's "unreliable narrator" quality being annoyingly overutilized.

As a film, it's certainly above average. It just fails to resonate with me outside of the moments of shock, fear and disgust. - 6.5

• TheRantAsArt

★★★★½ Rewatched by TheRantAsArt 11 Aug, 2014

Darren Aronofsky's harrowing tour de force about a young ballerina & her doppelganger as she prepares for her debut in Swan Lake gets better with every viewing.

The horror builds steadily in this modernized fable as Nina (Natalie Portman) begins to unravel, as her rival/friend, Lilly (Mila Kunis), tries to open her up to life outside the ballet (or seduce her? or destroy her?), as her director (Vincent Cassel) tries to get a fantastic performance out of her, and as her…

• Chiddaling

★★★★ Watched by Chiddaling 11 Aug, 2014

A very disturbing and bizarre story of a troubled woman and her quest to become the Swan Queen. Natalie Portman put on the performance of her life time which she definitely deserved the Oscar for. I quite enjoyed Mila Kunis' performance as well. The story was gripping and frightening and made me feel very nervous. The few jump-scares were cheap and didn't add much to the almost horror-like feel to the movie. I still need time to think about this movie, there are many things to deconstruct, such as Mila Kunis' character's ambitions and impact on the story. Overall, a great movie that was fabulously directed.

• Matt Fisher

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Fisher 07 Aug, 2014

Black Swan is an easy film to dislike; Darren Aronofsky is an easy director is dislike. If his brand of visceral bodily transformation isn't your jam then there's just really nothing that can be done about that. I can't argue with critic who think that Portman's performance was OTT or that Aronofsky is just poor man's Cronenberg, but at the same time I hate those criticisms. Things like ballet and horror aren't meant to be subtle, they can be, but…