• MandelBroSet

★★★★★ Rewatched by MandelBroSet 02 May, 2016

Film #7 of the Scavenger Hunt #14 hosted by Max Oxley
    Item 3 - A film you saw 5+ years ago in theatres but haven't seen since

This movie plays very well on my personal fears.

All the body horror, where she accidentally cuts her hands or destroys her feet. There's something about those parts of the body that when they get sliced or twisted in a movie, I really feel it.

That I could get too obsessed with something…

• Vaibhav Singh

★★★★½ Added by Vaibhav Singh

90/100
    Black Swan offers a perfect balance between Aronofsky's more poetic works and his down-to-earth style of The Wrestler.

• Srijith Nair

★★★★½ Rewatched by Srijith Nair 01 May, 2016

90/100
    "The only person standing in your way is you."

• Stephanie Schuer

★★★★★ Added by Stephanie Schuer

The movie is a great portrait of someone driven to madness by the pressure of success. Granted, I properly enjoyed the movie more, because I'm interested in the ballet and know how important the part of the black swan is. It is therefor up to your personal taste, if you like the story.

The actors are doing a fantastic job, that can not be debated.

• Eldrinson

★★★½ Watched by Eldrinson 30 Apr, 2016

74/100

• Alex Lovendahl

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Lovendahl 29 Apr, 2016

Black Swan uses its characters like dancers. How else can it be explained that I hadn't really picked up till now that Tomas is grooming Nina on purpose after what happened with Beth? Or that Mom places the Swan Queen wind-up on the table and that's how we know how exactly the Swan Queen became Nina's dream?

For the first time, in moments, I saw some ugliness in Black Swan that I didn't like. And that means I'm probably going to watch it again tomorrow.

• Kacey Bange

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kacey Bange 29 Apr, 2016

I do not want to be a ballet dancer thank you.

• John Bacin

★★★★½ Watched by John Bacin 29 Apr, 2016

I love original screenplay ideas, and this was a great one. The whole paranoia-delusions-psychosis-is-this-real-or-is-this-not thing has been done before, but the settings, circumstances, and characters were what really set this apart for me.

• AmandaRenee

★★★★ Added by AmandaRenee

Interesting and at times scary.

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • valentina

★★★★ Watched by valentina 26 Apr, 2016

Beautifully acted and pretty cinematography. It's unsettling.

• La Pantalla Invisible