• Megan Curry

★★★★★ Watched by Megan Curry 28 Aug, 2016

the sex scene between Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman made me realize I'm queer af

• damazama21

★★★ Added by damazama21

59/100

A cheap copy of Perfect Blue.

• Jennica

★★★½ Watched by Jennica 20 Jun, 2014

It was interesting, but also very uncomfortable, particularly the scenes when she picks at her skin were very uncomfortable. Ugh, I feel violated just thinking about it, but the movie was still interesting to watch.

• Remi

★★★★½ Added by Remi

the scene where she dances her part as the black swan > every other scene in every movie ever

• Connor Mullaney

★★★★½ Watched by Connor Mullaney 25 Aug, 2016

1. Holy fuck. This one took me somewhere.

2. Directed by Kieslowski?

3. I didn't know Mila Kunis could act. Awesome.

4. Far better than The Wrestler.

5. Natalie Portman > Rooney Mara?

6. Rooney Mara > Natalie Portman?

7. I can't decide!!! THEY'RE BOTH AMAZING.

8. <tasteless comment>Taking something like ballet and making it interesting is an accomplishment all on its own.</tasteless comment>

9. Skin peeling and nail clipping on bodies other than my own gives me the heebyjeebies.

10. I'm glad Lilly actually exists outside of Nina's twisted schizo imagination. The ol' Fight Club twist would ruin the whole thing.

• jewel

★★★★★ Watched by jewel 24 Aug, 2016

Oh My God. i don't even know what to say

• Marcelo1

★★★ Added by Marcelo1

Black Swan is an intense movie with a lot of mystery. It's definitely an adult movie. For my taste in movies it's a little boring. It's also kind of confusing.

• Anne_E

★★★★ Watched by Anne_E 24 Aug, 2016

I want to give this movie 5 stars for it's boldness and motifs and psychological magnificence but it's so dark and disturbing and not in a beautiful way, it almost feels evil to award it 5 stars. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis' performances were sensational. Color me awestruck. I'm amazed by the psychological realm of this film, it's take on perfection and abuse in the world of arts, and how deftly it explores the subject of mental health and disease…

• Truman Segal

★★★★★ Watched by Truman Segal 23 Aug, 2016

Between this and The Red Shoes I realized that I'm not cut out for dancing.

A truly devastating character study, a character driven to the point of paranoia and schizophrenia, her reality and nightmares blend together, all because she wanted to nail a leading role.

Oh, and the first performances I've actually liked from both Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis, so that's good as well.

I have to say I prefer The Red Shoes, though it is very close.

• lindsayhitch

★★★★★ Watched by lindsayhitch 25 Jun, 2016

Great movie, amazing metaphors showing her descent into mental illness. Also funny, and cringeworthy. Mila Kunis's character is fantastic but Natalie Portman is absolutely incredible in this role. Love the directing. A few creepy special effect scenes really capture the eye.

• Moogic

★★★★★ Watched by Moogic 22 Aug, 2016

An intense, disturbing look into perfection and art, with great use of the close-up, intimate first person perspective, and music. Masterful.

• 18stewartb

★★★★★ Added by 18stewartb

After watching this movie, strangely I have felt different. I can relate to her home situation, as well as her desire to be perfect. I loved the white and black swan dancing styles Nina tried to master. I feel like I am a white swan, and like Nina I have to dig deep to find my inner black swan.