• KMOKLER

★★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Black swan starts out like a normal interesting movie that later becomes a sick, discusting, dirty thriller that is overly dramatic but features amazing, powerful performances from Natalie portman and Mila Kunis, overall Black Swan is a terrific movie that shows how far someone could go to become a celebrity.

• CrAb

★★★★ Watched by CrAb 30 Sep, 2014

Schizophrenia, bulimia, ocd and anxiety. All extremely well portrayed by Natalie Portman, she owned this. I'm sure it still didn't live to the real life terror that those really are, but still the best way to portray this artistically.

• Eli

★★★★ Rewatched by Eli 28 Sep, 2014 2

I hadn't seen this in a few years so I thought it was due for a rewatch. I've been watching That 70s Show on Netflix and it just wasn't enough to sate my need for more Mila Kunis. This was just as amazing as the first time I saw it. Arnofsky's style helped to blur the lines between reality and insanity. This is the only film of his that I actually enjoyed, but his ambiguous storytelling really works with this story. Natalie Portman gave her all in her role and it shows.

• Jon

★★★★★ Added by Jon

A flat-out masterpiece; Darren Aronofsky proves that he is one of cinema's most daring, and talented up and coming directors with this harrowing, beautiful, and stunningly creepy character study of ballerina Nina Sayers. Natalie Portman is a revelation, carrying the entire film on her tiny shoulders without breaking a sweat.

• JaumeMuntane

★★★ Watched by JaumeMuntane 23 Sep, 2014

El talent de Darren Aronofsky, brillants interpretacions...però jo no acabo de conectar amb ella. Em quedo amb les brillants Requiem por un sueño, la fuente de la vida o el luchador.

The talent of Darren Aronofsky, brilliant performances...but I can not connect with it. I prefer the excellents Requiem for a dream, The Fountain or The Wrestler.

• Daniel Ulysses

★★★ Added by Daniel Ulysses

The best werewolf movie ever made happens to not have a wolfman. Like any werewolf narrative, Black Swan has a protagonist struggling to control sublimated animal instinct: violence, sexuality, self-destruction. The interesting turn is that women are conditioned by society to achieve perfection. This is expertly dramatized via swan imagery and the historical/artistic framework of the Odette/Odile (angel/whore) role.

• Tyrion Lannister

★★★★½ Watched by Tyrion Lannister 22 Sep, 2014

My sister loves to dance. I have spent countless years going to her incredibly boring dance recitals. Sitting in uncomfortable school auditorium chairs while watching little girls awkwardly dance to pop music in extravagant (and way too revealing for their age) outfits. It was the closest to hell I've ever been. So I assumed I wouldn't be that interested in the dance centered Black Swan. But Darren Aronofsky creates an intense psychological thriller that shows the ballet as simultaneously beautiful…

• Brennnan

★★★★★ Added by Brennnan

Better the second time. Amazing.

• spacegirlgail

★★★★ Added by spacegirlgail

Bat shit crazy but wonderful performances. Some of the physicality had me genuinely shuddering. So much melodrama but a very enjoyable watch.

• Paul Lister

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Lister 18 Sep, 2014 4

Having talent in the arts is often linked - rightly or wrongly - with the person in question being mentally perturbed. Great art has often come from people with supposed mental difficulties but we rarely consider the effect of that talents efforts in bringing the art they so strive to perfect. Nina (Natalie Portman) is a frigid, naive young ballet dancer with a prestigious New York dance company. She certainly has talent, she certainly strives for perfection but she seems…

• MovieGuru

★★★★½ Added by MovieGuru

If in doubt, watch this film.

So powerful. So elegant. So thrilling. So disturbing.

Must be starting to lose count of the number of times I've seen this thriller. If not for their phenomenal acting, it's for *that* scene which involves Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman and her sex face in.

IF YER KNOW WHAT I MEAN.