• cronic

★★★★★ Added by cronic

9,5/10

• Louie Schuth

★★★★½ Watched by Louie Schuth 29 Jul, 2014

I'm glad I didn't see this when it came out. I wouldn't have been ready for it. Rarely has a film moved me to such emotions, though primarily what I was feeling was discomfort. A tour de force performance by Natalie Portman gave the film it's incredible strength as did the constant allegory to Swan Lake itself.

• Alexander Nyvelius

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alexander Nyvelius 29 Jul, 2014

Yes. Yes it was.

• Logan Jones

★★★★ Watched by Logan Jones 28 Jul, 2014 2

For some reason, I found myself going for a ballet theme with the films I watched yesterday, because after I watched Billy Elliot I watched Black Swan, Darren Aronofsky's dark, twisted psychological thriller about a dancer called Nina Sayers (played by Natalie Portman) who wins the lead role in a production of Swan Lake. But whilst she might be perfect for the delicate White Swan, she buckles under the pressure of having to embody the Black Swan.

Aronofsky is a…

• waynewebb

★★★★★ Watched by waynewebb 29 Jul, 2014

• Tomas Walther

★★½ Watched by Tomas Walther 16 Jul, 2014

Too much ballet for my taste. Not much (interesting) happens the first half of the film.

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 25 Jul, 2014

The biggest mind f'ck that I ever seen.

• Bjorn Bouterse

★★★★ Watched by Bjorn Bouterse 23 Jul, 2014

There are not enough words in the English language to describe the praise Darren Aronofsky deserves for Black Swan. It was one of the most talked about and sought after films at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival, and for good reason – it is a masterpiece that is just as much beautiful as it is nightmarish. The film not only ended up as the best film at TIFF but the best film of the year. It also went onto…

• Kurt Fabisch

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kurt Fabisch 22 Jul, 2014

• MadManWithaBox

★★½ Added by MadManWithaBox

I know this is one everyone thought was amazing, but I honestly didn't get it. Confusing, not great acting from anyone involved I thought. They can do better anyway.

• CinemaClown

★★★★½ Rewatched by CinemaClown 19 Jul, 2014 4

Ingeniously balancing beauty & horror from start to finish, Black Swan is a harrowing depiction of a passion turning into an obsession which ultimately sets in motion a chain of events that results in complete self-destruction. Apart from being one of the best offerings of its year, this psychosexual thriller is also Darren Aronofsky's finest work since his 2000 manic Requiem for a Dream.

The story concerns Nina Seyers; a highly skilled ballet dancer who is chosen as the ballerina for…

• Nick T