• rmckenna19

★★★★½ Added by rmckenna19

This is a fantastically disturbing film. Definitely one of, if not Darren Araonofsky's best. This is a film almost entirely built on internal emotions and Natalie Portman justly won the Academy Award for best actress as she takes you on this journey into her characters insanity. Each step along the way you feel yourself going a little bit more crazy as small elements of the film hint at the insanity that lies beneath. Mila Kunis does a wonderful job in…

• Hanibalus

Added by Hanibalus

• Kalpit Tandon

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kalpit Tandon 26 Nov, 2015

A symphony of madness, perfection and obsession, Black Swan has enough steam to rattle on while featuring some seriously freaked out moments that lingers long under your skin.

And did I mention, Portman completely rules.

• Amanda Kosciousko

★★½ Added by Amanda Kosciousko

i can just watch perfect blue and is basically the same *puts on my gas station glasses*

• leonardobars

★★★★½ Added by leonardobars

Amazing, Black Swan shows a world that most people never imagined the existence, also is the kind of movie that uses an epic Natalie Portman to play with the mind of the audience.

• Jonathan Mackris

★★★★★ Watched by Jonathan Mackris 23 Nov, 2015

Way better movie about Palo Alto than the film, Palo Alto, that's for sure.

• No-Personality

★★ Watched by No-Personality 21 Nov, 2015

Well: I'm all kinds of conflicted. I have a very strict rule never to rate a film this low based on something as trivial as casual contempt unless it is bad. This film is not bad. But it is pure in being exactly what I never want any film to be. And what I never want anyone else to want a film to be.

This is 100% bare bones. Everything that is moving this thing to all the heights of…

• Nadia

★★★★★ Watched by Nadia 22 Nov, 2015

This really fucked me up. Even though anything to do with ghosts scares the crap out of me, losing your mind has got to be one of the most terrifying prospects.

In this instance, the film depicts how a ballerina's relentless strive for perfection drives her to the depths of insanity.
    Everything was pretty much perfect; Natalie Portman gave a career best performance. When she was the White Swan you could tell that she was frigid and keeping herself restrained.…

• TJ Duane

★★★★½ Rewatched by TJ Duane 20 Nov, 2015

A perfect tandem with Perfect Blue, a film that so obviously influenced this one.

All I need in a movie--Natalie Portman painting her face, fighting back tears, then going out, as the dying white swan, and giving it everything she has. The single take in the climactic dance is still breathtaking.

• Rob Hill

★★★★ Watched by Rob Hill 20 Nov, 2015

There are a lot of themes: identity, sexual repression, madness, arrested development etc. hanging from elements of a strong (increasingly irrelevant) conventional story about success through sacrifice and excellence. That Aronofsky manages to make sense of it all is a real achievement. At times it makes you think of films as diverse as Halloween, Persona, Vertigo, Rocky, All About Eve, Mulholland Drive, Fight Club and more.

• Jenna K

★★★★ Added by Jenna K

If this isn't a film that sticks with you, I don't know really know what is. Regardless of if you loved it or hated it, Black Swan is one of the most influential movies made in recent years. An effective horror movie. (The term psychological thriller is reserved for horror movies that are good, so the academy bills them as such because the word "horror" has a shitty stigma.)

• Anders Devine

★★★★★ Added by Anders Devine

Okay, this movie. This fucking movie.

This is the greatest psychological horror I've seen to date, and if you don't like it, I literally have no idea how.

And if the fact that it hasn't gotten kickass reviews hasn't sold you, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis make out in it.

If that hasn't convinced you, I genuinely have no idea what will.