• jm24

★★★★½ Watched by jm24 20 Mar, 2011

Coming from someone who is very involved with performing arts, there's a lot of relatable aspects. The movie is very well done and paced.

• valeria d

★★★★★ Added by valeria d

great movie blah blah blah great characters blah blah blah the kissing scene between mila kunis and natalie portman was truly my gay awakening

• Brendan Edwards

★★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 21 Oct, 2016

I initially wanted to watch this film for Mila Kunis who off course does a good job in her role but it is Natalie Portman who undenyingly steals the show in this film. Both in the ballet show and the film as a whole. It is such a beautiful yet so dark and tormented film about the balletdanser Nina Sayers who thrives to achieve perfection in her dancing and her developement to fullfill the roles as both The gentle White…

• ursila

★★★★★ Watched by ursila 20 Oct, 2016

what a film, words cannot describe how beautiful this film was. honestly the evolution of ninas character is flawless. 10/10 would recommend.

• Morgan Winther-Queen

★★★★ Watched by Morgan Winther-Queen 20 Oct, 2016

You wanna see a dark-minded Mila Kunis go down on a neurotic and semi-schizophrenic Natalie Portman? well...look no further, this is it.

Okay...On a serious note, all jokes and vulgar commentary aide, this is a beautiful film. It is very dark, entertaining and worth watching. The cinematography is immaculate and the use of special effects to display Nina's neurosis are superb.

A visual masterpiece, and one hell of a Thriller.

• baylee

★★★★½ Watched by baylee 20 Oct, 2016

I hate that the ending was spoiled for me before I watched, because it probably would have left a bigger effect on me if it hadn't been

• Isaak von Seggern

★★★★★ Watched by Isaak von Seggern 13 Oct, 2016

I didn't realize that I was afraid of my own loss of innocence. But as I ponder it now, its something that has nagged at me ever since I lost it. I can't remember when or where it happened, but its been a parasite on my mind that has been with me for as long as I can recall back. It invades my thoughts as I drift off to sleep, and it plagues my mind as I sit idle listening…

• Chimichanga

★★★★★ Watched by Chimichanga 19 Oct, 2016

The intensity of this is simply unbearable. I'm actually not feeling well.

I think I'm just going to lie down for a while...

• eKa (THe ShALLoWbiRd)

★★★★★ Watched by eKa (THe ShALLoWbiRd) 16 Dec, 2015

Never get enough of this movie. So here I am watching it again for I don't know how many times. This is the second movie of Natalie Portman after Anywhere But Here which I adore eminently.

It's a very dark movie to me. Just love the psychological element here. But it has a funny moment too, when Nina started to touch her self and then suddenly realized that her mom was there in the corner and... Luckily she was sleeping.

• SimonLange

★★★★ Watched by SimonLange 17 Oct, 2016

My least favorite from Darren Aronofsky, but it's still a lit ass film. I love both The Wrestler and The Fountain very, very high, so it's no surprise that I like them more.

Natalie Portman played very well, if she deserved her Oscar, no, actually. Michelle Williams killed it in Blue Valentine.

Aronofsky's direction is fantastic. I mean, that man is an artist. He makes this film horrifiyng, I had to turn down my television because it scared me.

You should watch it if you haven't.

• catbird

★★★ Watched by catbird 17 Oct, 2016 1

Pretty good, very on the nose and has certain moments dropping the ball, but fun to watch over all.

Definitely overrated.

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★★ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 16 Oct, 2016

The world of ballet lends itself well to obsession, perfectionism, and horror. And even in this context, I can't help but admire how beautiful it all is.