• Aljosa

★★★★½ Watched by Aljosa 03 Mar, 2015

Probably the best of 2010.

• punkduck

Watched by punkduck 04 Mar, 2011

On a plane flying from either from Nairobi to Amsterdam or from Amsterdam to New York.

• maluraqqq

★★½ Added by maluraqqq

Achei o filme todo uma bosta, o final foi brilhante, mas o filme ainda é uma bosta

• George

★★★★½ Watched by George 28 Feb, 2015 1

Amazing! Just absolutely fantastic!

Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman) is a ballet dancer who gets the leader role in Swan Lake, but she becomes more dark and her mental state deteriorates.

Natalie Portman is brilliant as Nina Sayers! Her performance is amazing, how she starts off as an everyday normal girl, the White Swan, and then slowly becomes the Swan Queen.
    Mila Kunis is great in this film. She is unprecedented and unlikable.
    Vincent Cassel is good in this film too.…

• clair howe

★★★★½ Rewatched by clair howe 28 Feb, 2015

such a good movie! great direction and mise en scene!! lots of questions (do our struggles matter when unnoticed and when they do not affect others?)) lots of commentary on perfection and insanity and very interesting and thrilling 2 watch!!

• Isaiah Bull

★★★★ Rewatched by Isaiah Bull 26 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Broken bloody toe nails, ripped skin on fingers, and grotesque webbed feet. Nothing makes me cringe more than this kind of body horror. That being said, I'll have whatever drug she was on. Bitch be trippin'.

• Burton

★★★★★ Rewatched by Burton 25 Feb, 2015

A stunning, atmospheric, and gripping drama, realized exceptionally by the impeccable cast. Stark realism entwined with fantastical, nightmarish sequences. Very, very difficult to fault.

• Brian Hann

★★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

Outstanding performance by Natalie Portman. A truly mesmerising film showing a young ballerina's decline into psychosis

• Johann Rucker

★★★½ Watched by Johann Rucker 21 Feb, 2015

Darren Aronofsky's most bombastic film yet. Noah, which was his first "blockbuster" was quieter than Black Swan. It allows the film to stand out in his filmography, and features a riveting performance by Natalie Portman, but it follows along a predictable horror trajectory. Hitting the same beats as a lot of similar films in the psychological-thriller genre gets tiresome, but watching Portman's descent into madness is a treat, especially when she gets prodded by the likes of Vincent Cassel and Mila Kunis.

• Bridget

★★★★ Rewatched by Bridget 21 Feb, 2015

My favorite Natalie Portman movie! She fucking rocks and she is an intelligent, gorgeous, talented actress. Also, one of my favorite psychological thrillers. So questionable and bewildering are her thoughts and actions...what's real? What's imagined? Love this masterpiece.

• jdue

★★★★½ Rewatched by jdue 21 Feb, 2015

"It's my turn!"

A poetic and psychological journey through the landscape of a tortured soul.

• Sara Lameiras

★★★★ Watched by Sara Lameiras 21 Feb, 2015

I don't know why I've never seen this before, but it's better late than never, right?