• Dave Holmes

★★★★½ Added by Dave Holmes

Slightly classier remake of Showgirls.

• Bryan Colley

★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

A movie that could have been a great character study is ruined by cheesy special effects and over-the-top thriller cliches. There was no need for it. Relationships that are built up over the first half are abandoned by the end and the film is hollow. It's unfortunate because Natalie Portman is perfectly cast and, like Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler, gives a performance that transcends the story. It was also great seeing Vincent Cassal after watching him in Meserine, but…

• CliffvanO

★★★ Watched by CliffvanO 05 Oct, 2015

Mmmm, don't know what to think of this movie. I love Aronofsky's work, but it took me a lot of effort sitting through the 105 minutes of this movie. A bit boring start and when things start to unravel for Nina it's disturbing at times. The end was predictable and I didn't think Natalie Portman was a good choice as the main character. Chosing her as the main lead in the ballet wasn't very convincing. Since it wasn't a bad movie, just not my cup of tea, it gets 3/5

• Tim Costa

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tim Costa 04 Oct, 2015

Portman needs to work with Aronofsky again...or PT Anderson...or anyone like them to get this kind of performance out of her.

• Samantha

★★★★½ Watched by Samantha 04 Oct, 2015

this film slays me every time i watch it. natalie portman's best and most moving performance.

• willa

★★★½ Watched by willa 08 Jul, 2015

The One Sex Scene is all you need to know/watch about this movie tbh

• Joanne Myers

★★ Watched by Joanne Myers 30 Sep, 2015

Black Swan

I know this film gets a lot of love, but I really didn't feel it.
    Yes it was beautiful. Yes I got the point of the film and what it was about.
    Did I enjoy it? No. Would I watch it again? No.

• Voina

Added by Voina

garbage, plain and simple arthouse garbage

• Luke Compton

★★★★★ Watched by Luke Compton 29 Sep, 2015 3

I've owned this film since it came out, but never sat down to watch it because I found out the ending, and subsequently, what it's all about.

What I didn't know until now, is that this film is an audiovisual delight. I mean, crikey, it utilises editing and camera shots to a very impressive degree. I've hardly seen it that good. It's incredibly well made in this sense. The film does transcend itself through the excellent visuals and audio.…

• JohnTyler

★★★★★ Added by JohnTyler 2

Simultaneously gorgeous and haunting, Black Swan is a terrific psychological thriller from director Darren Aronofsky, featuring a spellbinding performance from the great Natalie Portman, chilling imagery, excellent cinematography and editing, a beautifully written script, and a mesmerizing score from Clint Mansell.

• TheCinemaMan101

★★★★★ Watched by TheCinemaMan101 26 Sep, 2015 1

With beautiful direction and a stellar performance from Natalie Portman, the intense psychological thrill ride will keep you on the tip of your toes until the powerful climax. This is a strong contender for the best of 2010.

Grade: A

• PsychoSavager

★★★ Added by PsychoSavager

Dark for a movie about ballet but a bit light for a psychological thriller. I'd recommend the similar Perfect Blue over it.