• Mareks Smilga

★★★ Watched by Mareks Smilga 21 Jul, 2011

Steitema atkāpe no sava žanra. Neesmu drošs vai tā labākā.

• caveman298

★★★½ Watched by caveman298 15 Mar, 2015

Rather than being another Jason Statham vehicle, I found myself watching a not-half-bad, rather gripping action thriller. And Paddy Considine is here too (yey), although under-used. And David Morrissey is here too (yey), although under-used. And Mr Statham isn't trying to speak all-American-like (yey), always better.

• Clint

★½ Watched by Clint 08 Aug, 2014

Blitz is a mess. The plot makes no sense, the characters make no sense. The movie cuts haphazardly from one scene to the next with no narrative impulse whatsoever. Hardly any onscreen action or sentence is ever properly justified.

The truth is that it feels like a victim of the edit room. Phantom limbs abound here. There are probably a half-dozen B and C plots that are simply forgotten halfway through and are never revisited at all.

• Agnis

★★★ Watched by Agnis 18 Feb, 2015

Here we go. Jason Statham a badass assassin/loner/ritired cop/whatever character he plays in every movie.

Well, yes. But this one actually doesn't suck. Could it be because it's a British movie? Hmm.

• terrifikelly

Watched by terrifikelly 31 Jan, 2015

This scattered-ass movie plays like a high-end murder show. Too much going on, so none of it quite works.

• Jacob Knight

★★★★ Watched by Jacob Knight 21 Jan, 2015

Come for Statham's boozy Sergeant. Stay for Considine's gay Inspector. Fall in love with Gillen's British "Scorpio Killer". This is a great cop movie.

• Gramercy Riff

★★★ Watched by Gramercy Riff 20 Jan, 2015

More filler than thriller, action or anything. Lester isn't a director who makes a difference, but his movie does more or less what you expect it to do. A genre film, not much more than that. Statham gets to kick ass just a few times, the opening being one of them. Hurling appears to be a cross between hockey and murder. I didn't know that. His scrounging of drinks and bites is sort of a running gag.

It has more…

• Tony Black

★★½ Watched by Tony Black 30 Dec, 2014

For a film starring walking led pipe Jason Statham, with a title as exciting as Blitz, you'd be forgiven for expecting a product more from The Stath's usual oeuvre. Indeed the very first scene of Elliott Lester's adaptation of Ken Bruen's novel suggests as much, with Jason's hard man, edgy Lahdahn copper Brant taking down three youffs who are breaking into someone's car with a hurling bat (yes hurling) and several typically gruff put downs. Great! You think. Another film…

• Mathias Axberg

★½ Watched by Mathias Axberg 27 Dec, 2014

Needs moar Statham.

• tokyo5

★★★½ Watched by tokyo5 24 Dec, 2014

Kinda like a UK "Dirty Harry".

• Tony D'Amico

★★★ Watched by Tony D'Amico 15 Dec, 2014

Film 61 of "The December Challenge 3"
    97 minutes (5347 total)
    1st time watch

Yeah I know, it's yet another Jason Statham generic action movie. I just wanted to watch something that wouldn't be horrible and since his films usually have some semblance of entertainment I figured it couldn't be a bad idea.

Well Blitz is just about the definition of that. It's the usual Statham movie where he's either a cop, soldier, former cop, gangster etc. He is an…

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 06 Feb, 2012

6/10: A very good "old-school" crime thriller where the violence are real and gruesome. The film could keep you in suspense without using any sort of explosions or CGIs, just plain simple camerawork and editing did the trick. Another thing that I like about this movie is Statham's brilliant sarcasms that had given me a good chuckle.