• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 06 Feb, 2012

6/10: A very good "old-school" crime thriller where the violence are real and gruesome. The film could keep you in suspense without using any sort of explosions or CGIs, just plain simple camerawork and editing did the trick. Another thing that I like about this movie is Statham's brilliant sarcasms that had given me a good chuckle.

• fatpie42

★½ Watched by fatpie42 27 Dec, 2011 1

It sounded like a really interesting team-up. Paddy Considine and Jason Statham are a pretty bizarre combination by anyone's reckoning. However, this odd pairing reflects the rather odd mix-up of styles throughout the film.

First thing that ought to made clear: This is not an action movie. Yes, I know Jason Statham's name is on the poster, but that means nothing. This is not a Jason Statham action blockbuster. No, instead this is a crime thriller. Now, I say crime…

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on Blu-Ray and I could not find the budget but I could find the box office takings which stood at roughly $15 million, but having said that this project feels like and it looks like perhaps a $20 million budget but I have no statistics to prove that. The storyline/contents well us as viewers meet Detective Sergeant Tom Brant as he serves his own unique justice on some local criminals, but in his…

• nickgraz95

Added by nickgraz95

5.5/10

• wabbit

★★★★ Rewatched by wabbit 20 Nov, 2014

There's a serial killer targetting the Coppers of south east London and Statham doesn't carry a pencil.

• totoado

★★★ Watched by totoado 31 Oct, 2014

Not watched many Jason Statham films but the ones I have he is a misogynistic sexist over testosterone loner - no different with this one - and low and behold Aiden Gill was a psychotic sociopath which is not far from all the other roles I've seen him - so I was kept comfortable in my expectations - it filled in 90 mins and I enjoyed pausing and googling the buildings to see if they were real - yes there is a Peacocks gym in London!

• Holger Haase

★★★ Rewatched by Holger Haase 28 Sep, 2014

Not a good sign when you watch a relatively recent movie and only halfway through realise (thank you LB!) that you had indeed already seen it not too long ago.... but more or less forgotten about it.

There were a few scenes that somehow rang a distant bell but it was the "burn-out" dialogue that confirmed it for me as this was one of the sequences I clearly remembered. Mind you, I don't know why I forgot Statham's line that…

• Scott Audetat

★★★½ Watched by Scott Audetat 27 Sep, 2014

Yes, it can have moments of stupid in it, like the motives of the old man or the reporter over basic safety or the cops saying they will keep an eye on the killer only to let him run freely a minute later, but it was an entertainng watch.

It works because the bad guy is such a douche you can't wait for him to get his.

The subplots with the female cop or the cop that just had his…

• Antonio Quintero

★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 16 Sep, 2014

This thing is packed with good british actors. Its a great thriller. The villain in this film is one of those that get under your skin. You can't wait for him to suffer a horrible death.
    A serial killer is killing cops and its up to 2 cops to stop him.

• sleepykev

★★★★ Rewatched by sleepykev 02 Sep, 2014

Pretty standard Statham fare (no bad thing in itself) bought to life by Considine and Gillen. A favourite.

• James Haves

★★★ Watched by James Haves 23 Aug, 2014

It was great until the last 20 minutes where the whole plot just went off the fucking deep end.

Seriously, nothing that happened in the climax made a lick of sense.

It's a shame because Jason Statham is the best he's ever been here, the direction is great, there's some stunning cinematography, and the plot is interesting and gripping.

But that last 20 minutes killed it for me.

• The Brady Critic

★★★★ Watched by The Brady Critic 12 Aug, 2014

The story is about a tough cop is on the trail of a serial killer who targets police officers. This movie is a good drama movie with a thriller ending and a little mix of comedy.