• jarlath

★★★ Added by jarlath

Anything with Jason Stratham is good right?

• Andy Summers

★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 12 Oct, 2015

Jason Statham always looks like a guy nursing a hangover. Here he does enough drinking to actually merit that look as a no-nonsense detective who enjoys a ruckus. Playing another of those cops who doesn't give a shit about authority or the consequences of his actions, he gets drawn into a hunt for a cop-killer who may well have his name on his hit list. Some of this works pretty well, but again the script is full of clichés and…

• ginsbus

★★½ Watched by ginsbus 10 Oct, 2015

Totally formulaic and predictable. But I do like Jason Statham.

• Dave Holmes

★★★½ Added by Dave Holmes

I love big budget (ok: decent budget) movies set in London. The execution of this one is fine, but the story is rather pedestrian - especially compared to the high quality crime tv stuff the Brits can do. The Stath is always highly watchable though, and he shares a couple of nice scenes with Considine that make this movie worthwhile.

• Marcelo Cypreste

★★★ Watched by Marcelo Cypreste 07 Sep, 2015

Interesting police drama, with many holes, but nonetheless still entertaining.

• Ad Weterings

★★★½ Watched by Ad Weterings 08 Jul, 2015

Policeman must catch thieves. Policeman may not beat up the bad guys too much, as the press will write about it. What a story! Action which you never would have expected the outcome. But that is OK as this is a Statham action flick.

• Blacktus Jack

★★ Watched by Blacktus Jack 12 Aug, 2015

The movie starts out very bad. The pacing, editing, and really everything about the beginning half hour or so is just garbage.

The movie picks up from then, but the main problem from this point is that the main character, played by Jason Statham is a giant asshole who I can't sympathize with at all.

There are a few side characters who would've been very great protagonists, but Statham isn't likable at all in this one.

Aidan Gillen is good, but as the antagonist he has no real motivation besides "I like killing police".

• Mark C

★★½ Rewatched by Mark C 16 Aug, 2015 2

I'm currently reading The Murder Bag by Tony Parsons which reads with a clear fervent ambition be adapted for the screen; ideally the cinema given its occasionally somewhat unrealistic and glamourous tone - the hero lives in a converted loft apartment overlooking Smithfield on a DC's salary, like it's Flashdance or something! With that in mind I wanted to watch something similar and on my list of possible suspects were this and Welcome to the Punch*.

In the end I…

★★★★ Added by orangenosea

2011 風城二輪

• Whittney

★★½ Added by Whittney

Fantastic cast. I learned that I want to see more of that gal from Fresh Meat. Cast her in more things, people.

BUT give the people what they want: less story; more Statham fights.
    Why are there so many layers of fabric between the camera and Statham chest?? You are denying the people what they came here for!

• Jake Rose

★½ Watched by Jake Rose 02 Jul, 2015

Jason Statham plays a really boring version of Jason Statham.