• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• Chris Haydon

★★ Rewatched by Chris Haydon 21 Jul, 2014 1

So much great and completely naff Statham dialogue in this bitterly nasty cop thriller.

"Do I look like a carry a pencil?"

• David O'Reilly

★★★ Watched by David O'Reilly 14 May, 2011

A killer is terrorising a metropolitan city, and a rugged cop who plays by his own rules is the only one who can stop him. It’s not exactly the most specific of plot summaries, but practically a description of a whole genre that persisted throughout the 70s and 80s, starting with Dirty Harry way back in 1971. Seeing as Eastwood gave up on making Dirty Harry sequels a long time back, I guess we can look back fondly, dodgy politics…

• andrewshieh0712

★★ Watched by andrewshieh0712 08 Jul, 2014

Logical but forgettable and bland, a cliche-kind of movie.

• TheCincyKid

★★★ Added by TheCincyKid

It's full of feverishly potent performances, particularly by Paddy Considine, Aidan Gillen and Zawe Ashton, and fledgling cinematographer Robert Hardy settles distinctly on their most telling qualities. Still, this is a bland, forgettable and uninspired action hero vehicle, sleekly directed, but wanting in audacity. So even though it's a modern-day London-based Dirty Harry/Death Wish right-wing vigilante fantasy, it has the pizzazz and pace to keep you held.

• Dukefrukem

★★★ Watched by Dukefrukem 16 Jun, 2014

Underrated Statham flick.

• Ynklig

½ Added by Ynklig

"I think this one'll remain unsolved."

There are movies where rooting for Jason Statham isn't a painful proposition. In Blitz he plays a real piece of shit, a clumsy shade of Keitel's Bad Lieutenant: filled with terrible one-liners and desperate to remind the audience he's Irish at every turn.The plot is a mess of interweaving storylines, at least half of which receive no clear resolution. Unfortunately we spend the majority of the time with Statham. Aiden Gillen has fun with…

• Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel

½ Watched by Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel 01 Jun, 2014

So that's what a film by people who love The Boondock Saints looks like.

• Mark Barrett

★★½ Watched by Mark Barrett 23 May, 2014

Jason Statham plays Jason Statham and kicks some ass in London.

Not his best film to be honest. Paddy Considines character came across as a man with no personality, and the main villain of the film was rather underwhelming to say the least.

Nothing more to say!

• JurassicGriffin

★★★½ Watched by JurassicGriffin 08 May, 2014

It's a Statham movie with a little bit of depth to it. I like that.

• Brent Morrow

★★★½ Watched by Brent Morrow 10 May, 2014

Rob Hardy.

• Nicolas

½ Added by Nicolas

CAPSULE REVIEW: When I think about Statham or any Statham movie I think 'dumb but fun' but this is 'dumb and really dumb'. There is this bootlicking quality in contemporary British crime thrillers/dramas and I don't know why. "Blitz" is a prime example of this alarming pop culture trend.