• sleepykev

★★★★ Rewatched by sleepykev 02 Sep, 2014

Pretty standard Statham fare (no bad thing in itself) bought to life by Considine and Gillen. A favourite.

• James Haves

★★★ Watched by James Haves 23 Aug, 2014

It was great until the last 20 minutes where the whole plot just went off the fucking deep end.

Seriously, nothing that happened in the climax made a lick of sense.

It's a shame because Jason Statham is the best he's ever been here, the direction is great, there's some stunning cinematography, and the plot is interesting and gripping.

But that last 20 minutes killed it for me.

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

The story is about a tough cop is on the trail of a serial killer who targets police officers. This movie is a good drama movie with a thriller ending and a little mix of comedy.

• The Spenc

★½ Watched by The Spenc 07 Aug, 2014

The only context I can give to this movie was that someone was trying to create a english version of Inspector Callahan starring J. Statham. Also starring is Petyr Baelish from game of thrones and a guy who plays a gay cop (we are supposed to tell because he dresses nicely) who is something like Statham's Robin. The movie does not make any sense whatsoever, its subplots are all horrible and a bit of gore and Statham playing himself can't make up for all these wasted time.

• Ryan Abbott

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Abbott 24 Apr, 2014

"Blitz" is a movie that is "intense, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, and edge of your seat" drama/mystery movie. The performances in this movie a incredible. "Jason Statham gives a remarkable performance!" The directing by Ken Bruen and Nathan Parker is excellent. The score in this movie is really good. But there were some parts of the movie that slow down, but increase in the speed as the movie continued on. But other then that, "I'm raving that "Blitz" is one of kick-ass movie of the year!"

• Carolinanz

★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"I want a lawyer and a sandwich. Oh, and I want to update my Facebook status"

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• Chris Haydon

★★ Rewatched by Chris Haydon 21 Jul, 2014 1

So much great and completely naff Statham dialogue in this bitterly nasty cop thriller.

"Do I look like a carry a pencil?"

• David O'Reilly

★★★ Watched by David O'Reilly 14 May, 2011

A killer is terrorising a metropolitan city, and a rugged cop who plays by his own rules is the only one who can stop him. It’s not exactly the most specific of plot summaries, but practically a description of a whole genre that persisted throughout the 70s and 80s, starting with Dirty Harry way back in 1971. Seeing as Eastwood gave up on making Dirty Harry sequels a long time back, I guess we can look back fondly, dodgy politics…

• andrewshieh0712

★★ Watched by andrewshieh0712 08 Jul, 2014

Logical but forgettable and bland, a cliche-kind of movie.

• TheCincyKid

★★★ Added by TheCincyKid

It's full of feverishly potent performances, particularly by Paddy Considine, Aidan Gillen and Zawe Ashton, and fledgling cinematographer Robert Hardy settles distinctly on their most telling qualities. Still, this is a bland, forgettable and uninspired action hero vehicle, sleekly directed, but wanting in audacity. So even though it's a modern-day London-based Dirty Harry/Death Wish right-wing vigilante fantasy, it has the pizzazz and pace to keep you held.

• Dukefrukem