• Holger Haase

★★★ Rewatched by Holger Haase 28 Sep, 2014

Not a good sign when you watch a relatively recent movie and only halfway through realise (thank you LB!) that you had indeed already seen it not too long ago.... but more or less forgotten about it.

There were a few scenes that somehow rang a distant bell but it was the "burn-out" dialogue that confirmed it for me as this was one of the sequences I clearly remembered. Mind you, I don't know why I forgot Statham's line that…

• Scott Audetat

★★★½ Watched by Scott Audetat 27 Sep, 2014

Yes, it can have moments of stupid in it, like the motives of the old man or the reporter over basic safety or the cops saying they will keep an eye on the killer only to let him run freely a minute later, but it was an entertainng watch.

It works because the bad guy is such a douche you can't wait for him to get his.

The subplots with the female cop or the cop that just had his…

• Antonio Quintero

★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 16 Sep, 2014

This thing is packed with good british actors. Its a great thriller. The villain in this film is one of those that get under your skin. You can't wait for him to suffer a horrible death.
    A serial killer is killing cops and its up to 2 cops to stop him.

• sleepykev

★★★★ Rewatched by sleepykev 02 Sep, 2014

Pretty standard Statham fare (no bad thing in itself) bought to life by Considine and Gillen. A favourite.

• James Haves

★★★ Watched by James Haves 23 Aug, 2014

It was great until the last 20 minutes where the whole plot just went off the fucking deep end.

Seriously, nothing that happened in the climax made a lick of sense.

It's a shame because Jason Statham is the best he's ever been here, the direction is great, there's some stunning cinematography, and the plot is interesting and gripping.

But that last 20 minutes killed it for me.

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

The story is about a tough cop is on the trail of a serial killer who targets police officers. This movie is a good drama movie with a thriller ending and a little mix of comedy.

• The Spenc

★½ Watched by The Spenc 07 Aug, 2014

The only context I can give to this movie was that someone was trying to create a english version of Inspector Callahan starring J. Statham. Also starring is Petyr Baelish from game of thrones and a guy who plays a gay cop (we are supposed to tell because he dresses nicely) who is something like Statham's Robin. The movie does not make any sense whatsoever, its subplots are all horrible and a bit of gore and Statham playing himself can't make up for all these wasted time.

• Ryan Abbott

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Abbott 24 Apr, 2014

"Blitz" is a movie that is "intense, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, and edge of your seat" drama/mystery movie. The performances in this movie a incredible. "Jason Statham gives a remarkable performance!" The directing by Ken Bruen and Nathan Parker is excellent. The score in this movie is really good. But there were some parts of the movie that slow down, but increase in the speed as the movie continued on. But other then that, "I'm raving that "Blitz" is one of kick-ass movie of the year!"

• Carolinanz

★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"I want a lawyer and a sandwich. Oh, and I want to update my Facebook status"

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• Chris Haydon

★★ Rewatched by Chris Haydon 21 Jul, 2014 1

So much great and completely naff Statham dialogue in this bitterly nasty cop thriller.

"Do I look like a carry a pencil?"

• David O'Reilly

★★★ Watched by David O'Reilly 14 May, 2011

A killer is terrorising a metropolitan city, and a rugged cop who plays by his own rules is the only one who can stop him. It’s not exactly the most specific of plot summaries, but practically a description of a whole genre that persisted throughout the 70s and 80s, starting with Dirty Harry way back in 1971. Seeing as Eastwood gave up on making Dirty Harry sequels a long time back, I guess we can look back fondly, dodgy politics…