• Owen Hughes

★★★½ Watched by Owen Hughes 17 Mar, 2014

Despite being a fan of Jason Statham generally speaking, I did approach Blitz with some trepidation. A British crime thriller with Stath as the hard as nails, no-nonsense, renegade policeman hunting down a cop-killer? Doesn't sound the most promising of premises.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised. After the film finished, I had a quick look at the Letterboxd page and was quite surprised to see it had such a low rating. It had almost unanimous criticism?! Although, since then,…

• BlackWidow88

Watched by BlackWidow88 22 Mar, 2014

The dialogue in this film is genius. I wouldn't be surprised if this entire script was written in crayon. Its so bad.

I keep saying this will be my last Statham film but I keep watching them. Was really looking forward to this one as well the trailer looked like a half decent film.

• Nick A

★★★★ Added by Nick A

What an awesome film and so underrated from what I have heard (or NOT, as has been the case) about it Statham's best role since Lock,Stock for me and far more depth to the film than the likes of Transporter etc.
    Gritty and visceral look at London's police departments in the council areas. Great to see Statham in a UK production where he just fits in and has massive believability.
    Beautiful lighting throughout the film with such vivid colours really…

• Captain Kirk

★★★ Watched by Captain Kirk 10 Mar, 2014

Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish! I didn't recognize you as the scene stealing villain till nearly the end of the film. You cheeky bastard.

• Lianne

★★★ Watched by Lianne 02 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Foz Rotten

★★★ Watched by Foz Rotten 27 Sep, 2011

Make My Day Chap!

An overly British "Dirty Harry" for the modern age. The one liners in this are just ridiculous, not to mention the story w/ way too many holes and sub plots. Best part of the film is the villain, "Blitz", who just has fun with it, going almost as over the top with her performance as Statham does, but it seems to work better for him. I normally like Jason Statham films, I love the Crank films,…

• maardal

½ Watched by maardal 20 Jan, 2014

Jason Statham speler Jason Statham når eit halvt dusin politifolk blir drept. I den midterste delen er han litt mindre Jason Statham, men så blir han full-tank Jason Statham igjen. Vendinga filmen tar som gjer den unik er at Jason Statham driter så fullstendig i alt at han driter i at politikollegaen er homo.

Utelukkande for Jason Statham fans som har sett alt anna og trenger noko å sovne til.

• Sean

★★★½ Watched by Sean 19 Jan, 2014

Pretty decent, if workmanlike. I liked the interplay between Statham and Paddy Considine quite a bit -- it's a pairing that really works. My only wish was that the homoerotic subtext that is all over this movie was text.

• Fish

Watched by Fish 17 Jan, 2014

Well, whenever it is Statham, I never expect a great film, just so long as it entertains me, that is enough.

This was no different. Even though Paddy Considine appears, he doesn't make a massive impression on the proceedings.

I think I would have enjoyed this film a lot more, if it had tried to not be so gritty. The homophobia and sexism do nothing to endear the characters to you. It was a real struggle for me to get…

• mister5

★★½ Watched by mister5 10 Jan, 2014

Not your typical Jason Statham action flick. A bit more of a police procedural. He does still get to beat some bad guy ass.

• D.C.

★½ Watched by D.C. 07 Jan, 2014

Though the poster makes it out be another action film, Blitz is essentially more of a thriller. An incompetent one too.Jason Statham stars as detective Tom Brant who's working on catching a killer with a penchant for killing cops.

Statham plays the usual badass character, but feels constraint as he is paired up with Paddy Considine, not that Paddy is wrong, but the bubddy cop feel doesnt work for this type of film. Aiden Gillan plays the cop killer in…

• Jamie Huggett

★★★★ Watched by Jamie Huggett 03 Jan, 2014

Really well acted and gripping crime thriller, with The Stath at his very best.