• Jack Gattanella

★★★★★ Added by Jack Gattanella

Anderson's first is still among his best, and I prefer it to the very good but slightly overrated follow up, Rushmore.

• Andrew O'Donoghue

Watched by Andrew O'Donoghue 05 Sep, 2015

• Ben Radetski

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Radetski 04 Oct, 2015 1

Bottle Rocket is the most underrated film of all time. And the thing is, it isn't even considered a bad movie, it's just considered "okay". But it is BEYOND "okay".

It is a perfect movie.

Bottle Rocket seems to be getting higher and higher on my favorite films list with each watch. Every time I watch it is fresh and entertaining. It seems like I laugh at everything at this point, it keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Bottle Rocket just…

• JMP

★★★ Added by JMP

Not as polished as Wes Anderson's films since, and doesn't have the cutting edge that allows you to ignore some of the story's shortfalls.

While there's nothing I dislike about Bottle Rocket, there's also nothing that overly stood out. I was never bored and I enjoyed Owen Wilson's performance, but that's about it. Anderson's style only comes into play on a few scattered occasions, as a result the sort of quirky vibe that he relishes missed more than it hit.…

• Noah LePage

★★★★ Added by Noah LePage

A solid and wonderful free-form caper. Wes has confidence, Wes wants to make people happy.

• Steven Savona

★★½ Watched by Steven Savona 19 Sep, 2015

These madcap misfits would do better to burgle their way into a film that develops them beyond archetypes. I think, with his debut film, Anderson realised the potential for disconnect when you plant zany characters in a plain, rational world, and endeavoured to go for otherworldly settings from that point on. I must commend the soundtrack, though.

• Brian Sweeney

★★★★ Rewatched by Brian Sweeney 19 Sep, 2015

While people always say this is the least "Wes Anderson-y" of his movies, it still has many of the themes and stylistic elements that have defined his films. It feels most linked to Darjeeling, to me. Also, I think this is my favorite Owen Wilson performance.

• Lars Sieval

★★★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 19 Sep, 2015

What a fantastic debut for Wes Anderson with Bottle Rocket. The short was great but the full feature is much better. Owen Wilson is just fucking great as Dignan. I just totally forgot that he annoys me in every movie he's in. Maybe he has some good flicks?

The simplicity is just so epic. I loved the soundtrack and the ending. Those yellow jumpsuits are great. I just loved the fact that Dignan almost forgot to tell Anthony (Luke Wilson)…

• Carly May

★★½ Watched by Carly May 16 Sep, 2015

I only watched it because I'm trying to watch all of Wes Anderson's films and it was okay. This and Rushmore are really just growing pains before Anderson found his voice with The Royal Tenenbaums.

• alxtriary

★★★★ Watched by alxtriary 16 Sep, 2015

This is a great first film, but in comparison with the subsequent Wes Anderson movies, barely contains his classic style. However I could easily enjoy it, there are a couple of very fun parts, like the heist scenes and maybe because of the Wilson brothers (Andrew too) manages to charm with their debut performance.

• Spencer Lindenman

★★★★½ Rewatched by Spencer Lindenman 15 Sep, 2015

i could probably watch this movie everyday and never be bored.

saw it once when i was 14 - haven't revisited, thought it was just alright. Boy was i wrong.

• Omar Arteaga

★★★ Watched by Omar Arteaga 11 Jul, 2015

A principios de Julio empecé a revisar la filmografía de Wes Anderson pero es apenas que escribiré sobre ella. Espero que les guste.

Ya se dejaba ver parte del estilo que Wes utilizaría en un futuro. Gran ejemplo de eso es toda la genial secuencia del robo final, tiene de todo y hace el clímax muy entretenido de ver.

No hubo mucha gracia para mí en Bottle Rocket. Hay buena química entre todos los actores que…