• Ari Niemi

★★★ Watched by Ari Niemi 02 Mar, 2015

A good debut from Wes. It's not his best work but a good start, and his personal style can be seen all over the film. I particularly enjoyed the humour and the performances by Owen and Luke Wilson.

• Kikuchisawa

★★★ Rewatched by Kikuchisawa 01 Mar, 2015

Although it's not one of Anderson's best, here he hadn't developed his style yet, it still has fun characters and situations, and it's worth a watch.

• jpadidal

★★★ Watched by jpadidal 02 Feb, 2015

I don't know, I wasn't the biggest fan.

• Salvador Alvarado

★★★★½ Watched by Salvador Alvarado 24 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I'm so glad Mr. Anderson, a famous director, did not kill an animal in this film.

• Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 21 Feb, 2015

This shows how a director can start off with a unique style and stay with it! I love Wes Anderson and this is a great start to an amazing career for both director and actors, this brought us the Wilson brothers which have done some fantastic movies in their career!

• Artpig

★★★½ Watched by Artpig 21 Feb, 2015

Today is this films 19th anniversary. I didn't even plan that. I'm just trying to watch all of Wes Anderaons films. Bottle Rocket is a good movie, but, not nearly as good as some of his later efforts. This film is fun, never not entertaining and has a handful of interesting characters. The soundtrack is solid too. The plot was a little sloppy and the relationships felt a bit contrived. There wasn't much of any arcs within the characters and the film really wasn't trying to say anything. It felt a bit hollow. It's still a pretty solid film.

• James LaPierre

★★★★ Added by James LaPierre

While his first feature may not feature as much crafty camerawork as his newer films, the incredibly witty and funny dialogue make Bottle Rocket my favorite Wes Anderson flick.

• Sam Schulte

★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Schulte 14 Feb, 2015

w/ wes + owen commentary track

• Keenan

★★★★ Rewatched by Keenan 14 Feb, 2015

Even with his feature debut Wes Anderson was on point. Really great stuff here.

• Robert

★★★★ Watched by Robert 13 Feb, 2015

How interesting it would have been to have first seen this in '96 when Anderson was just another young, promising indie filmmaker and not the cinematic giant he is today. I have no idea what I would have thought about it in that context.

The film itself is delightful, sweet, fun, and successful throughout but now ultimately more interesting as a promise of things to come.

So what can one say? MTV gave Wes Anderson a "Best New Filmmaker" award…

• Eric

★★★½ Watched by Eric 10 Feb, 2015

How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

• Christian Flemm

★★★★ Watched by Christian Flemm 10 Feb, 2015

Part One of Wes Anderson in order, I guess.

"Why is there tape on your nose?"

Don't know if this or Grand Budapest is his funniest film. Both have some of the best timing.

All of the Wes Anderson hallmarks are here (although some are more hidden than others; Bottle Rocket is more 'on the go' than any of his other films, if that makes any sense), but without the saccharine flavor that, say, Grand Budapest or Life Aquatic or…