• tomthabomb

★★★★½ Rewatched by tomthabomb 03 Sep, 2015

APPLE JACK!!!!

• Hunter Ruth

★★★★ Watched by Hunter Ruth 31 Aug, 2015

While it lacks the "Wes Anderson" style, Bottle Rocket made up for it with the debut performances of the Wilson brothers, the chemistry is really great between the two.

• Catherine Calvaruso

★★★★ Watched by Catherine Calvaruso 31 Aug, 2015

Potentially my favorite Wes Anderson. Just the right amount of his usual "quirks" to be genuinely charming while not overstaying it's welcome. Compelling plot. Interesting characters. What more can I say?

• J. J. Wright

★★★½ Rewatched by J. J. Wright 30 Aug, 2015

I feel like I've never connected to this film as well as I have with other Andersons. It's not just because it's early in his filmography, with a style that's not quite fully there (though that is undoubtedly so). It's more that I feel like there's something missing that I can't quite put my finger on. It's not like later Anderson movies all hang together perfectly; the ragged bits are part of the charm. It's just that it's always bugged…

• Merriweather

★★★★ Added by Merriweather

Wes Anderson's first and worst.

• Joseph Reid

★★★★½ Added by Joseph Reid

This film isn't like any other that I've ever watched. It has its own internal logic that it doesn't contradict at any point, but something about it seems as though it couldn't have happened in the same world that I live in. Of course, the same could be said about all of Anderson's films. He loves to walk a tightrope between the serious and the madcap. To the untrained eye, this movie could come across as mundane and trite, accomplishing…

• Conan Tan

★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 19 May, 2015

All of the trademarks of a Wes Anderson film are present here but is not as fully polished and well-developed. Which is okay because this was his feature film debut.

• Elliot Fane

★★★ Watched by Elliot Fane 23 Aug, 2015

Definitely much before Wes Anderson developed his unique and clean style he is known for today.

I feel like not very much actually happened throughout most of the film and the romance element was a little silly (may have been intentional, but didn't feel like more than just trying to have a character arc). Otherwise the performances are good and the story is fairly well-written for a debut! Give it a watch if you're a fan of Anderson's work!

• Leandro Luz

★★★½ Added by Leandro Luz

Gostei desse conceito "plano infalível do cebolinha" adotado pelos roteiristas Wes Anderson e Owen Wilson. Junto à isso, temos praticamente um road movie completando o roteiro, que vem recheado de bom humor e grandes sacadas nos diálogos. Os irmãos Wilson (até mesmo o terceiro e menos conhecido Andrew) mandam muito bem na caracterização dos seus personagens. Impossível não rir de Dignan ou se emocionar e torcer pelo romance de Anthony e Inez. Excelente estréia do Wes!

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 17 Jun, 2013

Both Wilson brothers give great debut performances and Anderson was already well on the way to developing his signature style in this charming indie film.

• Armpit (aka Ingmar)

★★½ Watched by Armpit (aka Ingmar) 22 Aug, 2015 9

Feels less like an Anderson film and more like the product of one of his many imitators. The jokes are generally stale, the Wilsons' deadpan shtick is strictly humdrum and it's also the only Anderson film that lacks an interesting aesthetic.

• lucy

★★★½ Watched by lucy 21 Aug, 2015

"what are you putting that tape on your nose for?" "exactly!"