• Oscar

★★★ Watched by Oscar 11 Feb, 2016

Y aquí es donde el señor Anderson empieza a forjar su estilo; con una fotografía a tonos pasteles como perfeccionaría en un futuro y con un par de personajes en situaciones irreverentes en una historia, que si bien se maneja como comedia, no tiene ese carisma o chispa que sus posteriores trabajos.

Una ópera prima bastante comedida para un director hoy en día alabado.

• BaronVanTheo

★★★★ Watched by BaronVanTheo 11 Feb, 2016

Even back than Anderson's works consisted of that distinctive combination of quiet beauty, odd comedy and innocent romanticizing of the most random, absurd things.
    The more stuff I watch this guy made, the more I believe in the assertion that his movies actually form their own unique genre which simply is not classifiable.

• rsma77

★★½ Watched by rsma77 11 Feb, 2016

Resevoir Dogs directed by Wes Anderson. Also features a cameo of Martin Scorses style with a rollicking Rolling Stones playing during an integral scene. However feels very un-Wes Anderson like excluding the use of red and side shots of everything.

• Stafford Vaughan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Stafford Vaughan 08 Feb, 2016 3

Since it's my birthday I wanted to watch a few of my favorites, Bottle Rocket is easily my favorite Wes Anderson film, and one of my favorite comedies.
    I don't have much to say that hasn't been said already.

I'm going to be watching The Double Life of Veronique next.

• Caleb Steele

Watched by Caleb Steele 06 Feb, 2016

FINALLY A WES ANDERSON COMPLETIST

Every other WA movie has grown on me with every rewatch, and I hope that's the case with this, because I liked it, but I wasn't nearly as immersed in it as I would be in his other universes he creates. Pre-Schwartzman Anderson is foreign to me.

• sharky_55

★★★½ Added by sharky_55

What I expected from Wes Anderson's debut feature, having seen all of his other work and become a fan of his over the years, was something a bit less methodical and more fresh. The first thing that people think about when they see his name is of course his distinct style. This is something that is noticeable to even the casual moviegoer, even if they don't have the vocabulary to exactly describe or express it. And you see little hints…

• Fiona Green

★★★½ Watched by Fiona Green 05 Feb, 2016

Drags at some points but a really funny, offbeat Anderson flick.

• Terry

★★★★½ Watched by Terry 30 Jan, 2016

Got the criterion edition of this - and watched all of the extras. Really magnificent film, very funny, very neat watching a potent, nascent team create their career.

• James Blake

★★★½ Watched by James Blake 31 Jan, 2016

Very interesting and quirky film. Cool to see the aspects of Anderson's style at the beginning.

• Thomas Tortilla

★★★ Added by Thomas Tortilla

Eh?eh.

• thezoomfilmblog

★★★½ Watched by thezoomfilmblog 26 Jan, 2016

Charming and tightly crafted, but a little light on substance or consequence. A minor entry in indie film alone, but would lead to bigger and better things from Anderson.

• Calum Russell

★★★½ Added by Calum Russell

Underated Anderson at his cinematic birth. An energetic story and well-fleshed characters bring his debut film to life.