• Kev.

★★★★½ Watched by Kev. 20 Jul, 2014

"They'll never catch me...because I'm fucking innocent."

Completely unlike anything I've ever seen from Wes Anderson, Bottle Rocket is a simple tale of a group of guys who want to experience some real danger! They can't just settle for the ordinary, they have this insatiable lust for adventure. Okay, most of this manifests itself in Dignam (played by Owen Wilson in his feature film debut), an innocent man-child who has all of these dreams for living dangerously. He goes so…

• Matthew Vallee

★★★ Watched by Matthew Vallee 17 Jul, 2014

This is probably the most normal Wes Anderson movie I have seen, perhaps because it was also his first feature film. It is definitely his least quirky movie although you can see glimpses of what is to come with some of the characters here as well as the style of some of the cinematography. The story was fairly simple but still pretty funny and entertaining to watch. It is one of the silliest heist movie I have ever seen and…

• pragya

★½ Added by pragya

Didn't enjoy this movie much, but an average movie by a brilliant director is anytime a better watch than a film by an average/poor director.

• Pratyushkh

½ Watched by Pratyushkh 18 Jul, 2014

I didn't like the movie. A recent Indian film 'Fukrey' had 3 idiots as protagonists. I like the concept as it shows how screwed up society is. However, I need a better movie out of this basic plotline.

• maraki_tpla

★★★ Watched by maraki_tpla 19 Jul, 2014 5

Grand Budapest Hotel> The Royal Tenenbaums> Moonrise Kingdom> The Darjeeling Limited> Rushmore> The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou> Fantastic Mr. Fox>>>>>>>>>>>> Bottle Rocket.

• MrBlonde

★★★½ Watched by MrBlonde 18 Jul, 2014

"Tell Anthony I love him."

• bmart17

★★★★½ Rewatched by bmart17 16 Jul, 2014

Film #1 in my “Weekly Wes on Wednesdays” series

I happened to love this short, odd little film. It's not too "Wes-Anderson-ish" to be really far out there, but it's still quirky enough to be different and amusing. All of the charm and detail that we love in Wes' films is present in Bottle Rocket, but in a very minimal way. And I'm really surprised that this was the first role ever for the Wilson brothers. They do a great job and really pull off the story. They are absolutely perfect at portraying the youthful innocence for the film, especially Owen as Dignan.

• Marshall Granger

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marshall Granger 10 Jul, 2014

Never fully loved this movie as much as I do now.
    Blu-Ray / The Roxy Theater / Missoula, MT / *Part of Wes Anderson Retrospective*/ *3rd or 4th viewing?

• Kymberlie McGuire

★★★★½ Watched by Kymberlie McGuire 12 Mar, 2014

For whatever reason, though I'm a huge fan of Wes Anderson, I've never gotten around to seeing Bottle Rocket, so I was very happy to see it coming to Alamo.

Immediately this felt and looked like an Anderson movies and I right away felt at home. The characters were fantastic, the locations and look of the movie, the interplay between everyone - I just really loved it.

It's not The Royal Tennenbaums or Darjeeling Express, but it's still a great movie and it does my state proud.

• Leandro Fernandes

★★★ Added by Leandro Fernandes

Well, it's Wes Anderson's first movie, so we have to watch this with this feeling. It's not the worst picture of the world, but that's not a jewel.

• Ben Richards

★★★★ Watched by Ben Richards 19 Jun, 2014

Not the biggest Wes Anderson fan as his quirky style, in the past at least, had a tendency to turn me off to some of his later films.

This film was really great fun however and I feel that is probably down to the fact that much of what we come to expect from a Wes Anderson film isn't quite all present here.

The relationship between Luke and Owen Wilson was really great and I have to say this is…

• John

★★★½ Watched by John 22 Feb, 2014

This movie just got better and better. The subplots were interesting, and Dignan is just a great character; kind of like Michael Scott, in a way. The Wilsons did a great, great job, and the music was all around outstanding. Very well directed, as well. Lots of really cool shots, and the final heist was uproarious. I wish it had started less slowly, but I still thought it was lots of fun.