• Funnyguy

★★★ Watched by Funnyguy 29 May, 2015

Doesn't quite give me the typical Wes Anderson film feel. I guess he was still in an experimental phase those days.

Still a good film, though.

• kurazaybo

★★★ Watched by kurazaybo 27 May, 2015

Una "heist movie" bastante atípica, desde el punto de vista de un grupo al que nada le sale bien.

• Kelly Magovern

★★★★ Watched by Kelly Magovern 23 May, 2015

I did not expect to like this as much as I did. I thought, "Eh, it's Wes Anderson's first feature length film, so it's probably not going to be up to par with his later works." And while it does lack the high production values of his later films, it still has awesome characters, dialogue and an overall fun vibe. Owen Wilson is especially amazing in this and that whole Inez storyline is one of the most charming things I've ever seen.

• Jason Ooi

★★★★ Watched by Jason Ooi 21 May, 2015

Check out this review and others on my personal website!

Bottle Rocket is a story about friendship. Above its thickheaded plot about a trio of friends who (fairly successfully) perform a robbery on a book store and go on the lam to avoid capture from the police, its core is universal: it is all about friendship.

I mean, we've all had that one friend who's more than just that. That one friend who, through thick and thin, no matter how…

• Joe Werner

★★★★★ Added by Joe Werner

After the 26th re-watch, this is still the perfect movie.

• Viktor Mörberg

★★ Watched by Viktor Mörberg 19 May, 2015

Svag debut, hyffsat foto och bra skådespel av Owen Wilson, i övrigt mycket mdioker!

• Jack Dodd

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Dodd 14 May, 2015

I'm a big fan of Anderson's wacky, unique, and hilarious freshman effort BOTTLE ROCKET. Anderson clearly hasn't perfected his craft yet, but the humor and style is there. The script is really good, and the movie is kind of hard not to love.

• murrddocks

★★★½ Added by murrddocks

wes is getting a good start.

• Matthew Albino

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Albino 12 May, 2015

Wes Anderson's first feature is great but not his best. I no what everyone is going to say "What! Matt didn't give a Wes Anderson movie a 10 outta 10!" But just hear me out guys. It's his first film and the style I come to know and love is not fully there and it's capture 100% and I really didn't expect that either because as an ambitious filmmaker myself I realized that your first films aren't always your best…

• Shea Satterlee

★★★★½ Watched by Shea Satterlee 12 May, 2015

Rude of me for never having seen this before.

• Aaron Washing

★★★★ Watched by Aaron Washing 07 May, 2015

Bottle Rocket was the only Wes Anderson film I hadn't watched and this was his feature debut and it was a really good movie. It had great acting, really good writing, and set the Wes Anderson's quirky nature that would be in his later films.
    Anthony and Dignan "escape" from the voluntary hospital and they have developed a 75-year plan that involves heists and meeting a guy named Mr. Henry. They have another friend of theirs, Bob, to help them…

• FlickFanatics

★★★★½ Rewatched by FlickFanatics 30 Apr, 2015

Definitely one of my favorite Wes Anderson films. This was my third time watching it. Owen and Luke Wilson are just awesome as best friends in this. The humor is on point, and the story is just so engaging and laughable. James Caan is excellent with such a small role. I can't recommend this one enough. Never get tired of watching Bottle Rocket.