• Lucky Guesser

★★½ Added by Lucky Guesser

Least fave Wes Andy

• Adam Parks

★★★ Watched by Adam Parks 27 Jul, 2015

Amid the independent film boom of the 90s, one of the movement’s eventually-celebrated directors made his feature-length debut to a nearly $6 million box office loss in 1996 with Wes Anderson’s ‘Bottle Rocket.’ Upon making a significant short showing at Sundance, Columbia took a chance on the young Texas director and decided, likely influenced by the indie craze, to invest a hefty sum of money into a film that would later only be screened in roughly 49 American theaters –…

• Ed

★★★★★ Added by Ed

I will never not love this movie. For all of it's merits, I think the thing that I like the best, and that gets overlooked, is the joie de virve that it contains throughout. This film is a treasure.

• Irtaza Raza

★★★ Watched by Irtaza Raza 22 Jul, 2015

Certainly Luke Wilsons best movie. Was a fun filled movie. A bunch of amateurs making big plans and trying their hand at crime. Was a fun filled movie. Was pretty enjoyable. This is crime how a normal people would do! Haha

• RodrigoJerez

★★★★ Added by RodrigoJerez

Bottle Rocket is a Wes Anderson film about three friends with different personalities that plan a robbery.

The film have really funny parts, with the typical quirky humor that his movies always have, the most funny parts are in my opinion the heists.

The acting is really good and funny, especially Owen Wilson and Robert Musgrave.

It's a pretty enjoyable time and it gets 4 stars or a 8/10

• SamCricket

★★★★½ Added by SamCricket

This, along with reservoir dogs, is one of the best low profit films I've seen.

• Hazel Cicero

★★★ Added by Hazel Cicero

Definitely one of my least favorite Wes Anderson films, but a Wes Anderson film nonetheless.

• Leo Brady

★★★★ Watched by Leo Brady 05 Jul, 2015

It is a small film, yet it has rich, full characters(Owen & Luke Wilson at their best). If I was going to suggest to fans what order to watch "Bottle Rocket" in Wes Anderson's collection of films, I would say to watch it last because this film is better the more you know Wes Anderson's films. It is a nice first film for a director to have, especially because what comes later is a full realization of great filmmaking.

• Gerardo Novelo

★★★½ Watched by Gerardo Novelo 04 Jul, 2015

A satisfying debut for both Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson.

• Caroline

★★★★★ Rewatched by Caroline 03 Jul, 2015

Luke Wilson is SO UNDERRATED in terms of '90s hotties.

• Landon Carter

★★★★ Watched by Landon Carter 01 Jul, 2015

I'm glad this movie was able to wash the sour taste of Rushmore out of my mouth...

Bottle Rocket is a very good debut film for Anderson. It's definitely his least Wes-Andersony (trust me, it's a word) movie, but still just as charming as his other great ones. It's very funny, and even hysterical in parts. The Wilson brothers (whom I seem to be a fan of more than most other people) also make their debut here, and they are…

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★½ Added by Anthony Iessi

Wes Anderson's first movie is quirky, hilarious fun. Sets the standard for the majority of his later works.