• Gibnerd

★½ Watched by Gibnerd 29 Jun, 2015

lots of interesting ideas in here like recording someone's mind as they die but this film goes absolutely nowhere with it. there's some good sequences but it feels like its constantly on the verge of getting to a place it never gets to.

• Ed Scheid

★★★ Watched by Ed Scheid 29 Jun, 2015

Entertaining sci fi with colorful visuals and good actors.

• SmokingPizza

★★★½ Added by SmokingPizza

Christopher Walken: MindFreak

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 25 Jun, 2015

An interesting sci-fi thriller that's been overshadowed by Natalie Wood's death during production. Trumbull's direction is good and Christopher Walken and Wood give good performances.

• Jimmy Jones

★½ Added by Jimmy Jones

Creepy, weird, amateurish, slagging film about dissecting our thoughts and living inside each others' brains, or something like that. Feels terribly dated, not only in its technology but in its pacing and its attempt at an "experimental" feel. Christopher Walken should be able to lift it up, or at least add a little spice to it, shouldn't he? And yet he seems just as drab as most of what's going on around him. And then there's Natalie Wood as his…

• JosephFinn

★★½ Watched by JosephFinn 07 Jun, 2015

The science makes little to no sense and the story peters out much more than it ends, but Walken, Fletcher and Robertson are very much worth seeing.

• russman

★★★ Watched by russman 31 May, 2015

Can I play the piano anymore?
    Of course you can.
    Well I couldn't before.

• Shepherd Benjamin

★★ Watched by Shepherd Benjamin 29 May, 2015

Ride the brain bike into the future.

• thelanj

★★ Watched by thelanj 31 Mar, 2015

Concept fairly ahead of it's time in terms of mediated experiences and shared memories, but didn't really go anywhere.

• Alan

★★★★ Watched by Alan 24 Mar, 2015

Ay, was not expecting that. This is proper clunky, dated, old school sci-fi and it rules. Not only is it filled with gnarly technology and unbridled Walken, it's also got a HEART and a SOUL, godammit.

It blows that Douglas Trumbull was never allowed to make another movie after the production hell that was this flick, because between this and Silent Running it's pretty obvious that he could have turned out some seriously amazing stuff. *shakes fist at the suits*

• Curtis

★★★★ Watched by Curtis 20 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I remember hearing more about the events surrounding this movie than the movie itself, so I wasn't sure what to expect going in. It's an odd thing, very watchable, but starts splintering about midway through.

I really like the look of this movie. It feels like what 1983 imagined 1988 might look like. A little more advanced, yet firmly rooted in existing 80's tech. Media's still tape, but it's shimmering optical tape read by lasers. The movie moves briskly and…

• sschuster

★★½ Watched by sschuster 16 Mar, 2015

35mm print. A cool concept that, often times, feels poorly executed. The plot doesn't always feel fully developed, there are some bad casting decisions, and Walken sometimes feels like he's doing a Saturday Night Live impersonation of himself. The premise is interesting, though, and I'm sure the effects were amazing for the time.