• Ryan Clark

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Clark 02 Dec, 2015

In my opinion, this is one of the all-time best versions of Dracula and, while not terribly faithful to the novel, it's far more deserving of having Bram Stoker's name in front of it than Coppola's overrated version, which not only stole this film's title but also its romantic theme that was not in the novel. Jack Palance delivers an intense and terrifying performance as the imposing Count, and Nigel Davenport is up there with Peter Cushing as one of…

• drfulci

★★★ Rewatched by drfulci 04 Nov, 2015

Not the most faithful, but Palance gives a great performance as Vlad the Impaler. Decent cast and yet another Dan Curtis production that was well made.

• Jordi Sánchez-Navarro

★★★½ Watched by Jordi Sánchez-Navarro 03 May, 2015 2

Un telefilme bastante majo —o, por lo menos de los que a mí me gustan—, cuyas principales bazas son la adaptación directa y contundente de Richard Matheson, basada en una buena reescritura de diálogos, y la presencia de Jack Palance como el Conde y de un gran Nigel Davenport como Van Helsing.

• Steven Millan

★★★½ Rewatched by Steven Millan 23 Apr, 2015

Amid the horror television programming popularity of both DARK SHADOW and his numerous Made-For-TV movies(THE STRANGE CASE OF DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE,THE CAT CREATURE,THE CURSE OF THE BLACK WIDOW) in the 70s,producer/director Dan Curtis made this adaptation of Bram Stoker's famous novel(with a script by Richard Matheson[I AM LEGEND,THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE]) that may not be completely faithful but is at least enjoyable and fun,with Jack Palance portraying a Dracula who's as vicious as Christopher Lee's numerous Dracula…

• Eric

Watched by Eric 30 Dec, 2014

Wait...Jack Palance WASN'T a vampire in real life?

• Jerry Downing

★★★½ Watched by Jerry Downing 12 Oct, 2014

1974 version of Dracula starring Jack Palance. I thought this was a pretty solid telling of the Dracula story I've seen many times before.

• Goremaster

★★★ Added by Goremaster

I saw this long ago and it's weird to see Jack Palance playing Dracula. Maybe it's because I always associate Palance to "Ripley's Believe it or not !".

• Beggarsoshat

★★★ Added by Beggarsoshat

Interesting if nonessential TV adaptation of the familiar story. Appears to be the first time that the whole "Vlad the Impaler's lost love reincarnated" subplot showed up. Dan Curtis already used a similar trope in Dark Shadows, something which had previously been more common in mummy rather than vampire movies. I think this is the first time it appeared in a Dracula property, though it would later go on to stink up the godawful Coppola version and the (amazingly) even…

• Kyle Porter

★★★ Watched by Kyle Porter 01 Jun, 2014

I had to check this out, because it was directed by the talented Dan Curtis. He directed and created some of my favorite horror movies and TV shows. I love Dark Shadows, House of Dark Shadows, Night of Dark Shadows, Trilogy of Terror, and Burnt Offerings. His version of Dracula was pretty good. Nothing very special, or different from other Dracula films, but it had hit special touch, which was recognizable and present. It also didn't feel like Dark Shadows, which was good. It was a good movie.

• Nick Fury

★★★ Added by Nick Fury

Preceding the lush and darkly romantic John Badham version by a few years, this quality Dan Curtis production manages to bridge the Hammer/Universal style with the Gothic romantic versions that would follow. Jack Palance's Count is a surly and angry beast that genuinely terrifies in his savage attacks and outbursts throughout the movie. Palance doesn't say much and communicates mostly through action and expressions, leaving his Dracula rather unsympathetic, despite the hints of a tragic love story. Palance is good…

• Antonio Quintero

★★★½ Watched by Antonio Quintero 07 Oct, 2013

A forgotten dracula movie, written by Richard Matheson. Jack Palance Plays dracula like an animal

• Chris Popkoff

★★★ Watched by Chris Popkoff 07 Oct, 2013

So many close-ups of Jack Palance's anguished face.