• Cinematic Justice

Added by Cinematic Justice

As some great action movies can bend their genre by keeping your brain switched on (this is a good thing), some drama movies can bend their genre by failing to require its use at all (this is not). Buried is an example of such a failing.

I am very surprised by the positive critical reception this film requires. Everyone saw the same film as me, right? They realize that it largely relied on Ryan Reynolds’ acting? In fact, it entirely…

• Aaron White

★★★★ Watched by Aaron White 26 Jan, 2011

What would it feel like to black out and awaken in the dark, only to find a small Zippo lighter, flick it on and discover that you are trapped inside a wooden box with a rapidly depleting air supply? Buried is director Rodrigo Cortes’ answer to that question, in cinematic form, and the result will leave you breathless. Using a single setting for the entire film and only one actor, this film achieves greatness in the form of storytelling, without…

• joelhwa

★★★½ Watched by joelhwa 29 Dec, 2010

7/10: Director Cortes' beautifully simplistic cinematography, editing and lighting create a film that keeps audiences on the edge of their seat for its entire movie duration. It's so effective that you can really feel the protagonist's panic and helplessness.

• chandrukrish24

★★★ Watched by chandrukrish24 03 Dec, 2014

Buried - One man show by Ryan Reynolds. Engaging plot with a climax twist.

• Lee

★★★★ Rewatched by Lee 02 Dec, 2014 4

"What's in the box"

"What's in the box"

No wait!!!! Wrong movie and that was just a head. Here we have a full live grown man called Ryan Reynolds stuck in a box (pretty sure plenty of ladies would like to have him stuck in their box too hehe).
    It's incredible to think that one hour and an half of a man stuck in a box would keep anyone entertained. This keeps me on the edge of my seat everytime.…

• escott

★★★ Added by escott 4

This is an entertaining flick. The lead actor guy (name withheld because I'm too lazy to look it up and it is covered on screen right now), you'll recognize as a common lead from other films - he pulls this one out despite being a challenging setting.
    While there are a few storyline issues that get kind of annoying and seemed unnecessary, the film follows its path and brings you along for the ride.

• Bentley

★★★½ Watched by Bentley 30 Nov, 2014

I've watched two movies that take place in one location in the past two days: Locke and Buried. Although Locke had better writing, I was on the edge of my seat by the end of Buried wondering what was going to happen to Paul Conroy, played wonderfully by Ryan Reynolds. A truly claustrophobic movie of one man and his coffin.

• Kerlebaby

★★★★½ Watched by Kerlebaby 29 Nov, 2014

This was better than I expected. And I expected it to be nice.
    A little over-the-top stuff here, a few really unlikely scenes there but this was still insane.

• Dirk van Eck

★★★ Watched by Dirk van Eck 26 Nov, 2014 2

Nineteenth watch of Noir-Vember. Every now and then one of these genre-films that takes place in a single, confined location - like this year’s Locke - sticks its head above the water. In 2010 this was Rodrigo Cortés’ Buried about one of the most anxious situations possibly imaginable: being buried alive. This is what happens to Paul, a simple man working as a truck driver for the American army in Iraq. Though not really being employed by or involved with…

• joenorwood77

★★★★ Watched by joenorwood77 25 Nov, 2014

"The situation is in a coffin! I think it's pretty contained! Help me! Help Me! What are you doing right now to help me?"

Interesting film considering it is pretty much Ryan Reynolds in a coffin the entire time. The movie is tense throughout while also including a few touching moments. They definitely had the perfect ending to this film.

• Kent Emir

★★★★ Watched by Kent Emir 23 Nov, 2014

Increíble que una película que se desarrolla en el mismo escenario claustrofóbico pueda ser tan entretenida.

Me la pase de lujo viéndola, tensión al 100%.

• Levi Rogers

★★★★ Watched by Levi Rogers 17 Nov, 2014

Good God... I can't remember a movie recently that has played with my emotions this much.

The beginning felt a little slow and I wasn't sure how I would get through 95 minutes of a guy and a coffin. Well I definitely did and I'm glad I stuck through. This film is pure terror and pure horror. The musical score and camera angles complement the feeling of fear in this movie.

I want to say more, but I don't like…