• Nuru

★★★½ Watched by Nuru 15 Feb, 2015

I went into this expecting an innovative film that plays with space & filmic constraints, like a companion piece to All Is Lost, with its one actor & one location and a theme of the ingenuity of the human spirit under great strain. Turns out, it's less of a companion & more of the antitheses.
    The above themes are present, in addition to which, the film is completely scathing about the Iraq war, absolutely merciless about those caught in the cross-hairs. Particularly vitriolic…

• simoonwhitaker

★★★★★ Added by simoonwhitaker

Great ending

• Gaz Elliott

★★★★ Rewatched by Gaz Elliott 20 Feb, 2015

**Part of 'The Greatest One Location Films Ever?' list*

I was sure that I didn't need to verify the authenticity of the one location aspect to this film...& I was right! It's one of the most ambitious of one location films ever made. Filmed entirely in a box - let alone a room!
    It's superb. Brilliantly acted by Ryan Reynolds.

• Marianna Mr

★★★½ Watched by Marianna Mr 13 Feb, 2015

Que suerte que no tenía iphone.

• Paul Armstrong

★★★½ Added by Paul Armstrong

It's hard to imagine a film could be compelling when it only takes place in one, very small setting - a coffin. It's even harder to imagine making Ryan Reynolds the actor on which the film is anchored. And yet it works. It's compelling, suspenseful, and moving.

• MGranados93

★★★ Watched by MGranados93 06 Feb, 2015

Taking place entirely in a wooden coffin, Buried follows a U.S. truck driver, Paul Conroy, who finds himself buried alive and is in a race against time to get out of this claustrophobic deathbed.

While the story was very minimal, it still managed to keep me interested in what was about to happen to Paul. However, the script could have used some cleaning up since I managed to notice some plot holes and some continuity errors that ended up taking…

• Sam Shackleton

Watched by Sam Shackleton 03 Feb, 2015

Fairly/reasonably good. When you take into consideration that the whole film is restricted to quite simply one guy in a box with a zippo, and a cell phone; it is surprisingly entertaining, well scripted and directed. Although, Ryan Reynolds is a cunt.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 24 Dec, 2010

For a movie just about a guy who was buried alive, the filmmakers sure do a great job at keeping it visually and mentally interesting.

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

The idea of taking a single actor and setting the movie in a box for 90 minutes seems like it should not work. Cort�s and crew turn this wild idea into a very taught and gripping film.

• Luke McGowan

★★★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Cortes and Reynolds have much to teach the rest of the world about creating a terrifying, thrilling and tense piece of film. Ryan Reynolds is unparalleled in this role, and the direction is simply second to none.

• Levi Shanks

★★★★ Rewatched by Levi Shanks 23 Jan, 2015

An uncomfortable, yet gripping film done entirely in a coffin with only Ryan Reynolds, who gives possibly his best performance to date. The only complaint I could give is that this isn't a movie you could watch over and over; it's heavy and you feel exhausted afterwards, being in that situation with Reynolds. Nonetheless, it does not detract from this underrated and intense thriller.

• Pieter Laermans

★★½ Added by Pieter Laermans

Largely uninteresting, bland and cliché plot. Despite Reynolds' decent performance, I found myself rooting for the sand out of sheer boredom.