• DrAwesome

★★★½ Added by DrAwesome

This Hitchcockian thriller did more with one small set than many others have done with the most grandiose CGI backdrops.

• Wesley Mead

★★★★½ Rewatched by Wesley Mead 07 Jul, 2014

Holds up very well on second viewing (it helps that a four-year interim period allowed me to forgot many of the finer details). It's gripping and suspenseful the whole way through, and Ryan Reynolds' performance here remains a career best, anchoring an intense hour-and-a-half.

I love this picture of the movie being filmed: i.imgur.com/sz09Vpt.jpg

• Funnyguy

★★★★ Watched by Funnyguy 10 Jul, 2014

I knew American politics was corrupted, but this gave me a greater and more specific impression of it. Heartbreaking at the end there, and generally very intriuging throughout the movie. Good movie all in all.

Strong 8.

• Clau

★½ Watched by Clau 06 Jul, 2014

Apparently masturbating is not an option when buried in a coffin.

• BobaFett

★★★★ Watched by BobaFett 05 Jul, 2014

I fell asleep while watching TV and woke up when I heard some constant, very heavy breathing. After a moment I realized I was buried in a coffin with Paul Conroy. The next 90 minutes were quite an experience.

Very effectively shot, intense, great lightning. It directly triggers your primal fears. A bit overly dramatic at times (e.g. the snake or the unfriendliness of everyone Paul calls in the first minutes) when the situation itself is already sufficiently dramatic. I…

• pat_22

★★½ Watched by pat_22 05 Jul, 2014

In 'Buried' literally nothing happens, as the audience we forced to accept the progression of the story line simply through expository dialogue, this is almost intolerable until a perhaps serendipitous ending using nontraditional film elements to its advantage.

• Ben Simpson

★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Simpson 28 Jun, 2014

Not as intense as when I first watch it but Buried still kept my attention throughout.

• Stephen

★★★★ Rewatched by Stephen 29 Jun, 2014

Not quite the five-star thriller I remembered it being, but I maintain that Ryan Reynolds is unexpectedly brilliant, the phone call off Stephen Tobolowsky is the best example of callous corporate strategy this side of Alien and the lengths Cortés goes to in keeping the coffin interesting remarkably never get annoying.

It remains one of my favourite endings ever.

But for the love of all that's holy: Netflix, the DVD and now ITV4 have all shown the film in 1.77:1 when it was shot in 2.35:1. When is somebody going to show me Buried in its most properly claustrophobic original format?

• Christopher Murphy

★★★½ Watched by Christopher Murphy 29 Jun, 2014

Gripping right until the last minute.

• Jamie Carty

★★★★★ Added by Jamie Carty

Impressed at how well it kept my attention. Also, super cool lighting

• Ross Whyte

★★★ Watched by Ross Whyte 28 Jun, 2014

I was far more on board with the concept than I expected to be, but dodgy camera-work and Ryan Reynold's dialogue brought the experience down for me.

• TimTam

Cinematography: ★★★★★
    Sound: ★★★★★
    Ryan Reynolds: ★★★★★

What I learned:
    I have a brand new fear!