• William Eguizabal

★★★★ Watched by William Eguizabal 24 Jan, 2011

• Ryan Narc

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Narc 13 Aug, 2014 2

I can be extremely claustrophobic, so this movie really fucks me up at times. It's extremely impressive that a 95-minute film, taking place in a single location with one actor, can feel so fast-paced and still so damn intense on rewatch (this is actually my third time seeing it now). Ryan Reynolds nails a rather complex role - you know, with the hefty task of carrying an entire movie like this on his shoulders - and the ending is incredible.

It's really a shame that this side of Reynolds isn't utilized more often.

• zama

★★★ Watched by zama 09 Aug, 2014

Más allá del puro ejercicio de estilo y del acertado final sin concesiones, nada más que un tío con muchas opciones lumínicas hablando por teléfono hora y media en una caja. Como "Phone Booth" pero en horizontal. No reconozco el valor de mantener la tensión con tan pocos mimbres porque conmigo no lo consiguió.

La cita resume a la perfección los 90 minutos:

Memorable quote: "I'm buried in a box. I'm buried in a box!"

• Brian

★★★½ Watched by Brian 08 Aug, 2014

I love these gimmick Psychological Thrillers. The movie is claustrophobic and very intense at times with a good lead performance. There is some questionable stuff....Such as a cellphone battery that seems to last forever, and the ending is a love it or hate ending. In fact, the movie is one of those type of films. Either you get hooked or you will consider this a massive waste of time. Throw me in the group of the former (for the most part), but I'm not sure I will ever watch it again.

• Alexson Philipiah

★★★½ Added by Alexson Philipiah

I can't believe I just watched a 1 hour and 35 min movie about a guy stuck in a coffin and was totally pulled into it's suspense along with being distraught by the time the film ends. I didn't find it to be as intense as many have stated but the claustrophobic aspects did get to me from time to time. For the most part though, I found the movie quite compelling on its anti war on terror take, as…

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7,5/10

• Pop Alkemade

★★★½ Added by Pop Alkemade

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this is way better than Kazaam

This film also teaches you about phone battery life hacks XD

A couple of dull parts, but they still went through all the stages of story telling with a prrrrrreeeettyyyy(??) interesting plot all within a coffin

The fact I wasn't bored is a testament to itself

• DrAwesome

★★★½ Added by DrAwesome

This Hitchcockian thriller did more with one small set than many others have done with the most grandiose CGI backdrops.

• Wesley Mead

★★★★½ Rewatched by Wesley Mead 07 Jul, 2014

Holds up very well on second viewing (it helps that a four-year interim period allowed me to forgot many of the finer details). It's gripping and suspenseful the whole way through, and Ryan Reynolds' performance here remains a career best, anchoring an intense hour-and-a-half.

I love this picture of the movie being filmed: i.imgur.com/sz09Vpt.jpg

• Funnyguy

★★★★ Watched by Funnyguy 10 Jul, 2014

I knew American politics was corrupted, but this gave me a greater and more specific impression of it. Heartbreaking at the end there, and generally very intriuging throughout the movie. Good movie all in all.

Strong 8.

• Clau

★½ Watched by Clau 06 Jul, 2014

Apparently masturbating is not an option when buried in a coffin.

• BobaFett

★★★★ Watched by BobaFett 05 Jul, 2014

I fell asleep while watching TV and woke up when I heard some constant, very heavy breathing. After a moment I realized I was buried in a coffin with Paul Conroy. The next 90 minutes were quite an experience.

Very effectively shot, intense, great lightning. It directly triggers your primal fears. A bit overly dramatic at times (e.g. the snake or the unfriendliness of everyone Paul calls in the first minutes) when the situation itself is already sufficiently dramatic. I…