• Jake James Kath

★★★★★ Added by Jake James Kath

I don't know if I'll ever watch this again because seeing it in the theaters knocked my cock off! And I don't wanna ruin that experience. But I probably would watch it in a theater again.

One of the best moviegoing experiences I've ever had.

• cineedo
  • Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★½ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 09 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• breakin_brad

★★★★ Added by breakin_brad

Wow. Ryan Reynolds surprised me, I always thought he was just an average actor, but his performance in this movie has to be applauded. This whole movie literally takes place in a box and not once was I bored. Very suspenseful, I would recommend it. Very good watch best movie I've seen Ryan Reynolds in hands down. I'm pretty sure if it was a more recognized actor this movie would have probably been an Oscar contender for 2010. Too bad…

• Tarryn-tino

★★★★★ Added by Tarryn-tino 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Nathan Anderson

★★★★ Watched by Nathan Anderson 29 Mar, 2014

Intense and very unique movie. Also, kudos for he unexpected ending.

• Dave

★★★★½ Added by Dave

Ryan Reynolds delivers a tour-de-force in "Buried," a high-concept thriller about a man trapped in a coffin and … well, that’s all you really need to know. This is the kind of film that benefits from the element of surprise. Director Rodrigo Cortes makes an impressively assured debut. It’s not an easy feat to turn a one-character film into an edge-of-your-seater. Nicely done.

• Naughty

★★★★★ Watched by Naughty 14 Mar, 2014

A claustrophobic, taunt, psychological thriller that will leave you gasping for air! It's feels so insanely real you can literally feel the sweat ooze from Paul Conroy's (Ryan Reynolds) pores!

Paul's terror is contagious! You can feel your throat tighten and it's harder to swallow! Your pulse is racing 100 mph! The walls are closing in on you from all 4 sides and you feel like you're on the verge of suffocating! You gasp for more air!

You breakout in…

• butterworth

Watched by butterworth 11 Mar, 2014

Claustrofobia cero, pero hijos de puta por teléfono unos cuantos. Y con eso vale.

• fordmadoxfraud

★★★★ Watched by fordmadoxfraud 10 Mar, 2014

Well hell. That movie about being buried alive that everyone says is really gripping and tense? Turns out is super gripping and tense. I don't really have anything to say beyond what everyone else has said: I don't know how they got this much drama out of this gimmicky a premise, but yeah, they did. Even if I saw the final twist coming from a way off, I was legit on the edge of my seat until the last second. How many thrillers can say that any more?

• Juan Quintero

★★★★½ Watched by Juan Quintero 09 Mar, 2014 3

Maldita sea.

• The Briquette

★★★½ Watched by The Briquette 02 Mar, 2014

The tension in this film mostly hinged on Reynolds' performance but, while he is not a bad actor, he unfortunately does not have the ability required to create a sympathetic character. The claustrophobic feel did not come across particularly well, the director made the coffin appear far too spacious with his dynamic camerawork.

That being said, the film builds up to a great climax and it is very much worth the watch.