• Glen Ritchie

★★★★½ Added by Glen Ritchie

I really liked this movie. Ryan Reynolds is buried in a coffin in a war-torn region. It's not easy to make a single-person movie but this one is so well done it's well worth a watch.

• Nathan

★★★½ Watched by Nathan 28 Aug, 2015

Even though the movie takes place solely inside the coffin that the protagonist Paul is stuck in, it still manages to be tense and interesting. Some great shots and use of lightning with the lighter and glowsticks. Great ending also.

• TheCinemaMan101

★★★★½ Watched by TheCinemaMan101 25 Aug, 2015 1

With heart-pounding intensity along with a great performance by Ryan Reynolds, Buried is the battle of survival that will keep the audience on the edge of their seats during the entire run-time. The going will get more tougher as your eyes will be glued to the screen!

Grade: A-

• Matthew Lumb

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Lumb 25 Aug, 2015

Joke by Masai Graham from this year's Edinburgh Festival:

"What's the difference between a 'hippo' and a 'Zippo'? One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter"

• shoemouse

½ Watched by shoemouse 24 Aug, 2015

I knew this was going to be awful and I watched it anyway. Why?? Why did I do it??

• Sirivof

½ Added by Sirivof

Hace poco hice una review de esta cosa, pero decidí hacer una mas corta pues pienso que la primera que le dedique era demasiado larga (Además de que ese estaba de muy mala leche, las veces que escribo en mayúsculas y la cantidad de malas palabras me delatan)
    Y pues, eso, básicamente decidí hacer una crítica mas resumida de lo que escribí en mi anterior review.

Esta es una de las películas mas aburridas, tediosas y mal echas que he…

• Charlie

★★★★ Watched by Charlie 20 Aug, 2015

Holy fuck I think I had a hundred heart attacks watching this goddamn movie.

• Charlie Derry

★½ Watched by Charlie Derry 11 Jun, 2015

Being stuck in a box underground would be bad enough, but I think sitting through this film was probably worse.

• R Stefaniuk

★★★★½ Watched by R Stefaniuk 19 Aug, 2015

this film is so so masterfully made like aside from a few unnecessary flourishes it's astoundingly effective and unpretentious. and that fucking ending!!!

• Neal Anderson

★★★★ Watched by Neal Anderson 18 Aug, 2015

Very depressing but incredibly gutsy.

• Dave Holmes

★★★★ Added by Dave Holmes

A film that is much more than it's gimmicky premise, due to a great lead performance, and stunning directorial innovation/cinematography. Filming is enclosed places is easier said than done, and just as tough to do well as expansive exteriors. Cortes is extremely creative here with his set design, camerawork, lighting - and especially sound design. Everything - including Reynold's convincing, desperate performance - sells a catastrophic setting, that I can BELIEVE the film gets away with for 90 minutes. Only…

• RyanAcritique

★★ Added by RyanAcritique

Buried is quite an unusual film, some times unique plots are a bad thing, other times they are a great thing. In my opinion, this film is just okay.
    This film isn't the most thrilling, in fact certain parts were very boring and the ending was predictable in my opinion.
    It was unrealistic and exaggerated, but overall it's an okay film, but doesn't deserve to be rated more than 2 stars.