• Jacob Gehman

★★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

YES. I've been enjoying a number of 1-set movies lately and somehow Buried tops them all by making that one set so claustrophobic as to be nearly painful. It's a movie where the action happens on a cellphone, the dialog creates all of the plot, and the ending.....oh the ending!

• karl67

★★★★½ Rewatched by karl67 18 Oct, 2014

Simple but effective film, its hard to say what a great performance Ryan Reynolds did in truth he did not had to do much but saying, that it was a great film to watch one not to be missed.

• Studio Renegade

★★★ Watched by Studio Renegade 19 Aug, 2010

If 15 years ago you had told me that Ryan Reynolds would turn out to be a pretty good actor I would have sent you to a mental institute. And now you would escape and seek revenge.

Buried is 90 minutes of Ryan Reynolds buried alive in Iraq in October of 2006. Was this film inspired by a true story? I don't know. He plays a truck driver who is part of the re-construction program but the company that hired…

• Gucsi

★★★★ Added by Gucsi

Paul is a U.S. truck driver working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.

youtu.be/j1Yyhxq56Xg

• typaholic

★★★ Watched by typaholic 28 Sep, 2014

Nice Zippo commercial.

• Carmen Lucia Vilchez

★★★ Watched by Carmen Lucia Vilchez 24 Sep, 2014

I'm still amazed by Ryan Reynolds' performance, only cause It's the first time I've seen him act in a non-comedy/drama film...
    I enjoyed the movie, I it's well made but for me there was so much more to do with this film... it could have been great instead of just good!

• Arthur Tuoto

Watched by Arthur Tuoto 09 Sep, 2014

Engraçado como o filme parte de uma premissa minimalista justamente para repetir, mimetizar em uma menor escala, todos os clichês de um filme de ação. É quase fraudulento nesse sentido, a premissa promete uma outra abordagem mas ele é tão determinista e submisso a uma ordem correta de acontecimentos quanto qualquer outra obra milionária de mil efeitos e explosões.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 08 Feb, 2011

Buried is a little masterpiece in style and intensity. This is one of those little gems that come out once every twenty years or so. This film widens the possibility of what motion pictures can achieve. It's entirely set inside a wooden coffin and, as anyone would expect, with a single character on screen and in absolute darkness. The plot is focused on his attempts to call for aid outside to be rescued after being buried alive.

Though the idea…

• Josh Barton

★★★★ Watched by Josh Barton 11 Sep, 2014

A claustrophobic's worst nightmare, Buried is a brilliantly tense thriller that will keep you guessing from start to finish.

Why is he in the box? Who put him there? Will he make it out by the end?

Ryan Reynolds has never been better, giving a commanding solo performance for the full 90 minute running time.

• 24thhero

★★★★ Added by 24thhero

Ryan Reynold gives the performance of his career, in the claustrophobic, one-man show and doesn't bore you for a single second.

• HootsmanOfUnst

★★★ Added by HootsmanOfUnst

A really dark movie. Way more enjoyable than it sounds like, when the plot is one guy being buried in a coffin throughout the entire movie.

• Frankos72

★★ Watched by Frankos72 02 Sep, 2014

I'm not claustrophobic but man did this film make me feel uneasy.

The director finds some interesting camera angles for a film set entirely in a box and Ryan Reynolds gives it his all for 90 minutes but that's all there is on the plus side.

The rest of the film is a set of idiotic contrivances or decisions by Reynolds character to generate tension out of a one location thriller. By the time the snake turns up I was ready to give up myself.

27 Hours by no means a great film itself did this sort of thing a lot better.