• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 08 Feb, 2011

Buried is a little masterpiece in style and intensity. This is one of those little gems that come out once every twenty years or so. This film widens the possibility of what motion pictures can achieve. It's entirely set inside a wooden coffin and, as anyone would expect, with a single character on screen and in absolute darkness. The plot is focused on his attempts to call for aid outside to be rescued after being buried alive.

Though the idea…

• Josh Barton

★★★★ Watched by Josh Barton 11 Sep, 2014

A claustrophobic's worst nightmare, Buried is a brilliantly tense thriller that will keep you guessing from start to finish.

Why is he in the box? Who put him there? Will he make it out by the end?

Ryan Reynolds has never been better, giving a commanding solo performance for the full 90 minute running time.

• 24thhero

★★★★ Added by 24thhero

Ryan Reynold gives the performance of his career, in the claustrophobic, one-man show and doesn't bore you for a single second.

• HootsmanOfUnst

★★★ Added by HootsmanOfUnst

A really dark movie. Way more enjoyable than it sounds like, when the plot is one guy being buried in a coffin throughout the entire movie.

• Frankos72

★★ Watched by Frankos72 02 Sep, 2014

I'm not claustrophobic but man did this film make me feel uneasy.

The director finds some interesting camera angles for a film set entirely in a box and Ryan Reynolds gives it his all for 90 minutes but that's all there is on the plus side.

The rest of the film is a set of idiotic contrivances or decisions by Reynolds character to generate tension out of a one location thriller. By the time the snake turns up I was ready to give up myself.

27 Hours by no means a great film itself did this sort of thing a lot better.

• MatthewLB

★★ Watched by MatthewLB 23 Aug, 2014

Such a boring movie.

• William Eguizabal

★★★★ Watched by William Eguizabal 24 Jan, 2011

• Ryan Narc

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Narc 13 Aug, 2014 2

I can be extremely claustrophobic, so this movie really fucks me up at times. It's extremely impressive that a 95-minute film, taking place in a single location with one actor, can feel so fast-paced and still so damn intense on rewatch (this is actually my third time seeing it now). Ryan Reynolds nails a rather complex role - you know, with the hefty task of carrying an entire movie like this on his shoulders - and the ending is incredible.

It's really a shame that this side of Reynolds isn't utilized more often.

• zama

★★★ Watched by zama 09 Aug, 2014

Más allá del puro ejercicio de estilo y del acertado final sin concesiones, nada más que un tío con muchas opciones lumínicas hablando por teléfono hora y media en una caja. Como "Phone Booth" pero en horizontal. No reconozco el valor de mantener la tensión con tan pocos mimbres porque conmigo no lo consiguió.

La cita resume a la perfección los 90 minutos:

Memorable quote: "I'm buried in a box. I'm buried in a box!"

• Brian

★★★½ Watched by Brian 08 Aug, 2014

I love these gimmick Psychological Thrillers. The movie is claustrophobic and very intense at times with a good lead performance. There is some questionable stuff....Such as a cellphone battery that seems to last forever, and the ending is a love it or hate ending. In fact, the movie is one of those type of films. Either you get hooked or you will consider this a massive waste of time. Throw me in the group of the former (for the most part), but I'm not sure I will ever watch it again.

• Alexson Philipiah

★★★½ Added by Alexson Philipiah

I can't believe I just watched a 1 hour and 35 min movie about a guy stuck in a coffin and was totally pulled into it's suspense along with being distraught by the time the film ends. I didn't find it to be as intense as many have stated but the claustrophobic aspects did get to me from time to time. For the most part though, I found the movie quite compelling on its anti war on terror take, as…

• cronic