• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Buried alive. It must be a universal nightmare. I read Edgar Allan Poe's "The Premature Burial" when I was 7 or 8, and the thought troubled me for many a dark night. You are alive, you can move, you can scream, but no one will hear.

Paul Conroy is a truck driver working for a private contractor in Iraq. He comes to consciousness in blackness. He reaches out, feels, realizes. He finds a lighter. In its flame, his worst fears…

• Sathish Rahmaniac

★★★★★ Watched by Sathish Rahmaniac 21 Apr, 2014

Outstanding.
    It is a groundbreaking thriller.
    All 90 minutes of this film are fascinating and gripping, especially the last fifteen.
    This isn't just a movie, it's an exhausting experience that leaves you breathless.

• Sara Michelle

½ Watched by Sara Michelle 08 Jun, 2013

"Nobody's gonna pay five-million dollars for me!" Paul Conroy

I admit, this film probably would have been higher up if I hadn't watched it on a sunny Saturday afternoon. I do, however, think that it's worth noting when a film's entire draw is lessened based purely on the viewing conditions. Had I seen this in a dark theatre, then maybe I would have gotten properly scared by it. Maybe I'd be reminded of that fear each time I saw it…

• Jake James Kath

★★★★★ Added by Jake James Kath

I don't know if I'll ever watch this again because seeing it in the theaters knocked my cock off! And I don't wanna ruin that experience. But I probably would watch it in a theater again.

One of the best moviegoing experiences I've ever had.

• cineedo
  • Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★½ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 09 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• breakin_brad

★★★★ Added by breakin_brad

Wow. Ryan Reynolds surprised me, I always thought he was just an average actor, but his performance in this movie has to be applauded. This whole movie literally takes place in a box and not once was I bored. Very suspenseful, I would recommend it. Very good watch best movie I've seen Ryan Reynolds in hands down. I'm pretty sure if it was a more recognized actor this movie would have probably been an Oscar contender for 2010. Too bad…

• Tarryn-tino

★★★★★ Added by Tarryn-tino 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Nathan Anderson

★★★★ Watched by Nathan Anderson 29 Mar, 2014

Intense and very unique movie. Also, kudos for he unexpected ending.

• Dave

★★★★½ Added by Dave

Ryan Reynolds delivers a tour-de-force in "Buried," a high-concept thriller about a man trapped in a coffin and … well, that’s all you really need to know. This is the kind of film that benefits from the element of surprise. Director Rodrigo Cortes makes an impressively assured debut. It’s not an easy feat to turn a one-character film into an edge-of-your-seater. Nicely done.

• Naughty

★★★★★ Watched by Naughty 14 Mar, 2014

A claustrophobic, taunt, psychological thriller that will leave you gasping for air! It's feels so insanely real you can literally feel the sweat ooze from Paul Conroy's (Ryan Reynolds) pores!

Paul's terror is contagious! You can feel your throat tighten and it's harder to swallow! Your pulse is racing 100 mph! The walls are closing in on you from all 4 sides and you feel like you're on the verge of suffocating! You gasp for more air!

You breakout in…

• butterworth

Watched by butterworth 11 Mar, 2014

Claustrofobia cero, pero hijos de puta por teléfono unos cuantos. Y con eso vale.