• StuartMeiny

Watched by StuartMeiny 17 Nov, 2015

English and Portuguese review / Review em Inglês e Português

What a day to waste my time. I liked the last 7-10 minutes. The ending it's very realistic, even though it's obvious. That's it.

Que dia pra perder meu tempo. Eu gostei dos últimos 7-10 minutos. O final é bem realista, mesmo sendo óbvio. É isso.

• HaleCaesar

★★ Watched by HaleCaesar 08 Nov, 2015

The concept is good, Reynolds plays pretty good, but the story isn't strong enough and the ending is just lame...

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Peter Webb

★★★½ Watched by Peter Webb 30 Oct, 2015

Ryan Reynolds does a good job as a civilian held captive in 2006 Iraq. But given the constrained working conditions, here is a case of a film where I'd rather star as the ancillary characters (or, voice actors) than the protagonist.
    There's a lot to like, with Ryan's character, Paul, almost acting as the voice of the director, to tell us that all victims are victims and still people, rather than just a statistic. His phone conversations raise interesting points…

• Calum Iain MacIver

★★½ Watched by Calum Iain MacIver 21 Jul, 2013

This is a mildly entertaining, though instantly forgettable Spanish / American co-production from director Rodrigo Cortés about a man buried alive in a wooden coffin. The film comes across, for the most part, as an exercise in directorial and in particular Hitchcockian technique. As a filmic exercise this is fine, but as an engaging viewing experience, possibly not so good. Set in 2006 in war-torn Iraq, the "action" revolves around Paul (Ryan Reynolds), a civilian truck driver who is kidnapped…

• Am Y

½ Added by Am Y 1

Reynolds' character did some really dumb and irrational things I just couldn't overlook. (Attempting to burn a snake?! While trapped in a coffin?! With said snake?! Hello?! What's this man's IQ anyway?!) Then again, maybe the director just wanted the audience to get so pissed with Reynolds that they didn't care if he lived or died in the end. In which case, this film succeeded tremendously.

• Liz

★½ Watched by Liz 26 Sep, 2015

Locke > Buried

• Hannah

★★★½ Added by Hannah

I can't imagine watching this in a theatre because when my brother, Dad and I watched it, we were screaming our heads off! It's insanely suspenseful and we couldn't sit still or keep ourselves from gasping. I love it.

• Jorge Pardo M.

★★★½ Watched by Jorge Pardo M. 16 Sep, 2015

Intrigante y claustrofóbica, su propuesta funciona a la perfección.

• Snooze00

★★★★ Watched by Snooze00 06 Sep, 2015

I can confidently say that this is the only movie ryan renolds has been in that i have watched to its conclusion. Credit goes to the director that he could pull off such a difficult scenario with success despite the handicap he had with such a witless drop kick actor in the lead. 4 stars for that.

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★ Watched by Keith LaFountaine 07 Sep, 2015 2

Hitchcock would be proud. Buried utilizes its minimalist style to the utmost degree, squeezing every drop of tension and suspense it can out of its plot. The cinematography is beautiful, highlighting the extreme claustrophobic conditions. Ryan Reynolds is fantastic here, managing to show an incredible range of emotions. And, of course, the ending hits you like a sledgehammer in the gut.

• AJ Robinson

★★★★ Added by AJ Robinson

An intense film that accurately potrays how unfair and cruel America has become. Recommended