• Nablo

★★★½ Rewatched by Nablo 08 Mar, 2015

Who knew watching a man entirely trapped inside a box for over and hour could be such a compelling watch? Surprisingly Buried works, it plays on the fear everyone has had of what would you do if you found yourself trapped in a coffin. An thanks to the strong performance of Ryan Reynolds this film actually works.

"Paul Conroy: Yea, you're a terrorist you son of a bitch
    Jabir: You terrified, so I'm terrorist."

• mariusdownunder

★★★½ Added by mariusdownunder

Watched in March 2011

Paul (Ryan Reynolds) is a US contractor in Iraq who wakes up buried in a coffin after his convoy is attacked. After several minutes where he and us the audience are left in darkness he discovers he has a Zippo lighter which shows us exactly the situation he's in. He also has a phone and it appears a signal, indicating he's not buried very far under. A serious of taught phone calls follow as he tries…

• Josh Surratt

★★★★ Watched by Josh Surratt 06 Apr, 2015

An actually unexpectedly awesome movie starring Ryan Reynolds. Listen, I like him and I think he seems like he'd be a nice-enough guy in real life -- but let's be honest, the dude is not well-known for his great roles. He's known for being Van Wilder for christ sake.

That being said, this level of impending disappointment heading into the film benefited it greatly. I didn't expect to like it, knowing the little bit about it that I did, and…

• Declan

★★★½ Added by Declan

Nice to see a film that's not afraid to think inside the box

• sinomaster

★★½ Watched by sinomaster 30 Mar, 2015

Schlange = Blöd. Habe ich bis zum Ende geschaut. Das ist doch schon mal was. :)

• Guzco

★★★ Watched by Guzco 29 Mar, 2015

For what it is, this movie accomplishes what it sought out to do. Much good suspense, this film gradually gets more intense as it goes on. The varied angles and lighting are well done throughout.

• Tom Flatt

★★★ Added by Tom Flatt

Respect has to be given for the ending

• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

The suspense in Buried is just excellent! It's amazing what the achieved with so little. It was simple so exciting to watch (or better said, listen), except for the pointless snake scene, and the ending is great.

• Sam

★★★½ Watched by Sam 25 Mar, 2015

This movie was good at what it tried to be, and that was a claustrophobic thriller, but there were still some flaws with the film. I couldn't point out any without spoiling anything, but another major issue is that a lot of questions go unanswered at the end. Other than that, it's a pretty great thriller that takes place completely in a box with a single compelling performance by Ryan Reynolds.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★½ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 25 Mar, 2015

Rating: B

• Sabrina Hernandez

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sabrina Hernandez 24 Mar, 2015

I made my grandma watch this with me and she complained the whole time it was great.

• Eleanor

★★ Watched by Eleanor 24 Mar, 2015 8

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I didn't like this because they didn't get him out. It was saaaad. What a bunch of dodos. Got me so tired. My eyes got tired straining to look in the dark. I didn't want to watch this my granddaughter made me. I do not want to watch something that makes me sad.