• Luke McGowan

★★★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Cortes and Reynolds have much to teach the rest of the world about creating a terrifying, thrilling and tense piece of film. Ryan Reynolds is unparalleled in this role, and the direction is simply second to none.

• Levi Shanks

★★★★ Rewatched by Levi Shanks 23 Jan, 2015

An uncomfortable, yet gripping film done entirely in a coffin with only Ryan Reynolds, who gives possibly his best performance to date. The only complaint I could give is that this isn't a movie you could watch over and over; it's heavy and you feel exhausted afterwards, being in that situation with Reynolds. Nonetheless, it does not detract from this underrated and intense thriller.

• Pieter Laermans

★★½ Added by Pieter Laermans

Largely uninteresting, bland and cliché plot. Despite Reynolds' decent performance, I found myself rooting for the sand out of sheer boredom.

• Franki Weightman

★½ Added by Franki Weightman

So I thought a film with Ryan Reynolds buried alive would maybe be a good idea or at least something I'd enjoy watching but oh no, I was so wrong about that.
    Basically this film is 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

• Ana

★★★★ Watched by Ana 11 Jan, 2015 2

GOD DAMMIT

• Forrest Ellsworth

★★★★ Watched by Forrest Ellsworth 08 Jan, 2015

I needed six cigarettes, three Xanax, a bubble bath, four days of mountain meditation, and a year of therapy to get over the stress and anxiety of this fucking movie.

God damn it.

• Thief12

★★★½ Watched by Thief12 20 Mar, 2011

This was a very innovative and effective little thriller. Rodrigo Cortes manages to creatively give us 90+ minutes of film inside a coffin without it feeling "stuck in one place", for lack of a better sentence. Kudos to Ryan Reynolds who managed to carry this on his shoulders too. As good as it was, I ended up being frustrated by the plot, but then again, I suppose that was the point of it. That said, I don't know how much replay value it might have.

(written in 2011)

• Bunuelita

★★★★½ Watched by Bunuelita 25 Jun, 2010

Spettacolare.

• Faragó Péter

★★★★½ Watched by Faragó Péter 04 Oct, 2014

Only one character, and one location and not boring at all! Thrilling situation, while watching it I felt I was in the coffin as well.
    The director and Ryan Reynolds did a very good job.

• Michael Waldron

★★★★ Watched by Michael Waldron 22 Dec, 2014 3

All Is Lost and Locke got me on to this style of movie - it's evoking nature makes for a gripping watch and I find it gives the actor a chance to show what he/she is made of. I sat down and made a list of a few different flicks in the same vein and this is the first from that list.

Reynolds is great in this which surprised the shit out of me. The action fan in me loved…

• Cinematic Justice

Watched by Cinematic Justice 01 Dec, 2012

As some great action movies can bend their genre by keeping your brain switched on (this is a good thing), some drama movies can bend their genre by failing to require its use at all (this is not). Buried is an example of such a failing.

I am very surprised by the positive critical reception this film requires. Everyone saw the same film as me, right? They realize that it largely relied on Ryan Reynolds’ acting? In fact, it entirely…

• Aaron White

★★★★ Watched by Aaron White 26 Jan, 2011

What would it feel like to black out and awaken in the dark, only to find a small Zippo lighter, flick it on and discover that you are trapped inside a wooden box with a rapidly depleting air supply? Buried is director Rodrigo Cortes’ answer to that question, in cinematic form, and the result will leave you breathless. Using a single setting for the entire film and only one actor, this film achieves greatness in the form of storytelling, without…