• Jaime Rebanal

★★½ Watched by Jaime Rebanal 03 Jul, 2015

This one really didn't sit very well with me. This is a rather intriguing concept that you have here - if it were a short film running between 30 and 45 minutes. Most of the movie feels like it's stretched out as there's nothing really much happening in between scenes in which Reynolds's character makes phone calls or lights up the cigarette lighter he's given. Once in a while you get something much more, I got more interested the moment…

• eschwa22

★★★½ Added by eschwa22

7/10: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

• Anton Bitel

Added by Anton Bitel

Excerpted from a FrightFest 2010 diary first published by Little White Lies

Kaboom was not the only film to be removed from the original schedule. The feature slated to follow it was A Serbian Film, but when Westminster Council caught wind of the many controversies surrounding Srdjan Spasojevic's bleakly allegorical state-of-the-nation shocker, for the first time in a decade they insisted that only a BBFC-approved version of the film could be screened at the Festival under their jurisdiction – even…

• Eamon Willis

★★★★½ Watched by Eamon Willis 25 Jun, 2015

An insanely thrilling, claustrophobic, terrifying film set exclusively in a coffin.
    This film engaged with me due to most of the plot taking place away from what you are seeing. This meant I was always visualising what was going on outside, almost making up my own story.
    The acting is very well done, which is important for a film such as this, and it never fails to be dull.
    After watching this and Locke I'm starting to really love films like this, I need to find more.

• iceberrie

★★★½ Watched by iceberrie 07 Jun, 2015

Even though I prefer Locke (2014) to this, I do think it’s quite well made film. Not too many would have been able to pull off this premise. “Cool, cool, cool.”

• PointMan528491

★★★★★ Watched by PointMan528491 21 Jun, 2015

Through just one solitary character (a marvelous performance from Ryan Reynolds) in just one solitary location, Buried instills all the feelings of its protagonist: sadness, fear, frustration, tension, and even some dark humor.

• EvelynFilmFan

★★★ Watched by EvelynFilmFan 08 Feb, 2014

What I knew about this film, before watching, is only the fact that some guy got buried alive. Which is my worst nightmare.

The film starts black and I was like: Already? Is this guy already buried, no intro whatsoever? And then we see Paul Conroy (Ryan Reynolds), indeed buried in a box with a lighter and his hands tied up. After a few moments of exploring the box, really bad, he got called. It’s interesting he didn’t find the…

• Joel Lake

★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Lake 18 Jun, 2015 1

A contained thriller that maximizes the most out of its potential, Buried follows the story of Paul Conroy (Ryan Reynolds) a contracted truck driver that gets buried alive in Iraq and given an ultimatum for his survivor. Reynolds is great in this role and there is a lot of tension and complexity to the story despite it only being the story of one man interacting with a telephone. Not a film for those who are claustrophobic, Buried has a great…

• Eli Grasso

★★★½ Rewatched by Eli Grasso 12 Jun, 2015

A really well made bottle movie, corny at parts, intense at others, just an overall fun movie.

• mick culleton

★★★★ Added by mick culleton

A American truck driver wakes up bound & gagged buried in a wooden box in war torn Iraq, When he gets his hands free , He finds a phone & a lighter , So it begins he must use the phone in the limited time he has to help free himself while also receiving demands from his captures , Gripping , Intense & career best performance from Ryan Reynolds, This movie will pull you in & leave you on the edge of your seat

• phil haigh

★★★½ Watched by phil haigh 07 Jun, 2015

Unremittingly grim. Has intensity squashed into one tiny location. Powerful performance by Ryan Reynolds.

• Jim Camp

★★★ Watched by Jim Camp 06 Jun, 2015

Paul Conroy is an American contractor who drives trucks in Iraq. One day he wakes up in a coffin: he has been captured and buried alive. His captors left him a mobile phone, so he calls everyone who might be able to help him out.

It's extremely doubtful that you can get a mobile signal six feet under but, apart from that, this thriller is quite plausible. Not for the claustrophobic.