• Lauren

β˜…Β½ Rewatched by Lauren 29 Apr, 2016

To be honest I appreciate this more now than compared to the first time when I paid to watch it and was super mad at how nothing happened.

Rewatching now on netflix and knowing what was going to happen made it more enjoyable, and I really liked the scene where they pan out looking down on Ryan in the enclosed space. Nice visuals πŸ‘Œ

• Alexander Boucher

β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Alexander Boucher 26 Apr, 2016

It'd be fun to make a Man in a Box film season with this, Phone Booth and Locke. Although, Phone Booth wasn't that great and Locke is set in a car rather than a box. But still. This was good! I've always been WILLING to like Ryan Reynolds, in that I've never seen any films of his that've made an impact but he's a likeable dude. I'm a well wisher in that I don't wish him any specific harm and…

• Jake Yardley

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by Jake Yardley 24 Apr, 2016

It's crazy to think that a film based entirely in one box is so intense. Ryan Reynolds delivers a genuinely heart wrenching performance, ending with you feeling pretty fucking empty. Pacing was great, not too fast, not too slow, with great editing that gives this film the claustrophobic feel it really does aim to give.

• Caris Rianne

β˜… Watched by Caris Rianne 23 Apr, 2016 1

This film tries way too hard.

Locke is a much better example of a one location drama that actually keeps you invested in the story.

• red

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by red 22 Apr, 2016

Buried poses the question, "can Ryan Reynolds act himself out of a wooden box?"

Ninety minutes of solely Reynolds, lying horizontal in a coffin, his only props a mobile phone, lighter, torch and pencil... This premise should not be as captivating as it is. Super tense throughout, you're rooting for him all the way despite knowing barely anything about him. He panics, he rages, he loses hope, he becomes hopeful. All of this carried off brilliantly with Ryan Reynold's weird…

• apschera

β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by apschera 22 Apr, 2016

Nice idea and after some time really tensed. But itΒ΄s really annoying that this stupid guy is using so much fire in a situation where he should be saving oxygen. In fact im quiete sure even in real time he should have suffocated earlier.
    And most of the time, of course, he is using the light items just for the spectator, while feeling would be much more helpful than seeing.

• dbgirl

β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by dbgirl 21 Apr, 2016

The idea is interesting (a man is buried in a coffin and he tries to get away from there) but this movie is too long considering its story. About half an hour could have been easily cut off, or at least that pointless snake scene.

Dialogue was sometimes bad and then good again. I've only seen The Voices from Ryan Reynolds so far, and I must say (even I don't have much watching experience from his movies) that he must…

• Chris West

β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Chris West 19 Apr, 2016

Good film with a non typical Hollywood evening. Totally worth a viewing.

• Celine Davies

β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Added by Celine Davies

70/100 - "It's over isn't it?"

I didn't think I would be interested in an hour and a half movie about a guy in a box, but hey, here we are! Just goes to show its not all about the location. Don't really want to say anything else, movies like this deserve a viewer who knows nothing. It's much more enjoyable that way.

• Clay Bones

β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Clay Bones 17 Apr, 2016

Claustrophobic thriller starring Ryan Reynolds a phone and a zippo.

Rodrigo CortΓ©s and Ryan Reynolds do an outstanding job of really making you feel like you were trapped in that coffin and pull you into every phone call or nerve wrecking scenario. Reynolds in a solo acting role really showcasing a talent that was unfamiliar of him for the time of this films release and started his increase in popularity as a serious actor.

Side note: If you have a fear of claustrophobia or even the dark, don't watch this.

• DocJon

β˜…β˜…β˜… Added by DocJon

Much better than I thought it would be based on the description.

• AntManBee

β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by AntManBee 15 Apr, 2016

Very well-executed indeed. Reynolds manages to hold the viewer's interest admirably.