• Scott W. Black

★★½ Watched by Scott W. Black 08 Aug, 2014

So many good people in this; too bad it's so fucking dull.

• Isaac Lee

★★½ Watched by Isaac Lee 19 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Bintang Lestada

★★★ Watched by Bintang Lestada 30 Jun, 2014

Came for Maggie Smith. Stayed through the whole movie for her, Jane Fonda and Michael Caine. Pretty funny, though.

• Da_Bill

★★★ Watched by Da_Bill 26 May, 2014

Review to be added.

• Scott Audetat

★★ Watched by Scott Audetat 25 May, 2014

Well, this film has a loaded cast for sure, but it's nothing more than two hours.of.bickering. Seriously, they all yell and scream at each other and it feels like a bad play.

Basically it's four different groups all in the same hotel for a few days. I didn't really care about any of the snobby characters either, despite some bigger names.

Mathau's kissing scenes will give you nightmares!

Dana Plato shows up briefly as Fonda and Alda's seventeen year old daughter, despite only looking ten.

• Arf Ortiyef

★½ Watched by Arf Ortiyef 28 Apr, 2014

what a turkey. oh man.

it's a movie where everyone is bitter and miserable. it's a lot like my life except i don't get to stay in a nice hotel room. Michael Caine has some good lines though.

• Mat Daniel

Watched by Mat Daniel 21 Feb, 2014

I try not to harp too much on the Oscars, but this may be the worst Oscar-nominated script I've seen. Entirely disjointed, unfunny and uninteresting, with occasional flashes of anything compelling being smothered within seconds. (D+)

• savvybulge

★★½ Added by savvybulge

Neil Simmon's Plaza Suite 2.

Plaza suite featured three episodes--the West Coast version stretches it thinly to four. Tarantino did it better with Four Rooms, no comparison.

Alda/Fonda: Perfection--both at their best. No comedy though--drama only.
    Caine/Smith: The best episode of the film.
    Pryor/Cosby: Annoying, uncharacteristic, unnecessary slapstick filler.
    Matthau/May: Nothing.

• amyrizz

★★★ Added by amyrizz

with the family

• Christian R

★★★ Watched by Christian R 29 Jul, 2013

I feel the only good scenes in this film were that of Maggie Smith (who would win her second Oscar for her performance) with Michael Caine, and Cosby and Pryor. Other than that, i found the Fonda/Alda and Mattahu story lines not necessary and a little dull.

• Clint Cullum

★★ Watched by Clint Cullum 10 Jul, 2013

A blandly directed and awkwardly edited ensemble comedy which manages to elicit a few genuine laughs thanks to its talented cast.

• sly3

★★ Watched by sly3 08 Jul, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.