• Chris Hodgson

★★★★ Added by Chris Hodgson

This is lesser Scorsese which still makes it a lot better than most. Great supporting cast balancing out De Niro's less than subtle (albeit excellent) performance. I suppose this was his Scarface.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 29 Oct, 2014

Rating: B+

• TheRantAsArt

★★★★ Rewatched by TheRantAsArt 28 Oct, 2014

Martin Scorsese takes on the psychological thriller with this remake of a 1962 film directed by J. Lee Thompson. Scorsese and writer Wesley Strick update the story and give Max Cady an even more sadistic streak than he had in the original when Robert Mitchum (who has a cameo in this version, along with Gregory Peck and Martin Balsam) played him.

Scorsese gives lawyer Sam Bowden and his family (Jessica Lange and Juliette Lewis) a troubled home life that ex-con…

• FoxMulder666

★★★★ Added by FoxMulder666

Excellent remake. DeNiro is relentless and so hardcore. Marty kills it! Excellent acting by Nick Nolte and Jessica Lange as well

• MrPootytang

★★ Watched by MrPootytang 21 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Geoff Byrom

★★★½ Rewatched by Geoff Byrom 16 Oct, 2014

OK retelling of the classic story. De Niro is cartoonish but Juliette Lewis is excellent.

• John Lees

★★★★½ Rewatched by John Lees 19 Oct, 2014

CAPE FEAR is a film I remember catching a cluster of times when I was very young, probably far too young to be watching such things. Since then, I've managed to revisit the film roughly once every 10 years or so, and every time I see it, the film always seems to hold up. I don't think it's a film that always gets its due, as it's a remake of an acclaimed classic. But I'd say that this version of…

• caveman298

★★★½ Watched by caveman298 16 Oct, 2014

In a rhetorical sense, how good is Robert de Niro is this.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

This was highly flawless film, with DeNiro really a monstrous person around, loved the performance of Nick Nolte and Jessica Lange. Wonderful directorial from Martin Scorsese.

• Lyndsey

★★★½ Watched by Lyndsey 19 Oct, 2014

And now I understand another simpsons reference

• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 17 Oct, 2014

Grande Martin Scorsese

• FilmApe

★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 11 Oct, 2014 2

"I find you guilty, counselor! Guilty of betrayin' your fellow man! Guilty of betrayin' your country and abrogatin' your oath! Guilty of judgin' me and sellin' me out! With the power vested in me by the kingdom of God, I sentence you to the Ninth Circle of Hell!"

Without Deniro's absolutely insane performance, this movie would do little for me. It may sound ignorant to say that this is Scorsese doing a Brian De Palma film, given that it's clear…