• Holly Cozens

★★★ Rewatched by Holly Cozens 28 Feb, 2015

My terror for De Niro's Max Cady was replaced by too much attention being drawn to his ridiculous accent. Funny how your view of a film you've seen before can change. Definitely less scary than previous watches.

• Vik

★★★ Watched by Vik 27 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

An interestingly flawed thriller which could have been terrific if it hadn't been for the superfast pacing. Despite its two-hour length 'Cape Fear' felt more like a summary of film at times, missing quite a few vital beats and pauses. A lot of scenes seemed to have been deliberately edited to be as short as possible (notice how there's bearly any silence during the dialogues); maybe this was Scorsese's way of putting you on edge and of reflecting Max Cady's…

• KMOKLER

★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Martin Scorsese's horror like remake of classic cape fear titled once again cape fear is better than the original as remakes go I think the original cape fear is very good but the remake is a much darker and overall better movie there's three directors that I can trust when remaking a film john carpenter, martin Scorsese and Quentin tarantino who would just pump it up with blood and gore. Robert de niro gives probably his best performance which is…

• Brian Hann

★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

A very good remake. Robert De Niro is excellent

• Polo

★★★★ Watched by Polo 17 Feb, 2015

Comme c'est du Scorsece, evidement c'est bien foutu et on y retrouve une place importante de la religion.

Très bien filmé (plans magnifique, les nuages au dessus de la maison, ...) et assez violent. Réaliste autant que le genre puisse l'être mais intelligement écrit (on ne sait pas si Caddy est coupable, l'avocat a contourné la loi mais ne veut pas le faire pour sa protection, Caddy n'est pas stupide, ...) on voit le vernis éclater sous la vérité (couple, situation, ...).

Le casting fonctionne : le duel Nick Nolte et Robert De Niro (en Max Caddy/diable invicible et ivre de vengeance) fonctionne bien.

• shakthi

★★★★ Watched by shakthi 08 Feb, 2015

Well, this movie will be a guide to make thriller movies.
    Robert De Niro's performance was terrific........

• Frank Ireland

★★★½ Rewatched by Frank Ireland 26 Jan, 2015

It had been awhile since I last saw this. Dude, Robert DeNiro is amazing in this. I enjoyed this movie....so much. Totally recommend it.

• deadmanramsey

★★★½ Added by deadmanramsey

68/100

• Alex Vlad

★★★½ Watched by Alex Vlad 04 Feb, 2015

Practically a Brian de Palma movie, and an awful lot of fun. The De Niro - Juliette Lewis scene is remarkable, but just about everything else is self-aware and baroque enough to keep your eyes glued to the screen.

• Matthew Grant

★½ Watched by Matthew Grant 03 Feb, 2015

Strange casting, performances, editing and plot changes mar and misrepresent the original.

• Jordan Ferrero

★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan Ferrero 25 Jan, 2015

I just loved the way Scorsese captured that classic film feeling with his directing. DeNiro is captivating on screen, even when he doesn't say anything at all. While it isn't your typical Scorsese greatness, Cape Fear still is a fantastic film.

• Eastwood Allen

★★★★ Watched by Eastwood Allen 25 Jan, 2015

Great movie and Bobby D is a tour de force. I couldn't help myself from laughing at some of the set-ups though. Even the stilted crash zooms became funny after a while. All part of the enjoyment.
    Was I the only one rooting for Cady?