• gary2221

★★★★½ Watched by gary2221 16 Dec, 2014

C'est vraiment un très bon film, l'ambiance est super stressante, De Niro est encore une fois au top. 2heures à couper le souffle

• Luke Ryan

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Ryan 28 Nov, 2014

A tense thriller from Martin Scorsese, reuniting yet again with one of his muses Robert DeNiro, who plays Max Cady. A man who gets out of jail after a long sentence, with a grudge to settle with the man who defended him in court, Sam Bowden played by Nick Nolte. This is a remake of the 1962 film, which I haven't seen yet, but the two main stars of that film appear in this one. Gregory Peck's role is a…

• zachfree

★★★★½ Watched by zachfree 07 Dec, 2014

Robert De Niro's best performance. And new respect for Juliette Lewis. Incredible horror/thriller.

• Zonnywhoop

★★½ Watched by Zonnywhoop 01 Dec, 2014

A classic, creepy thriller that unfortunately suffers from one of the most out of control and silly ending sequences I have ever seen, which passes the tipping point of an over-the-top performance from De Niro. The clunky special effects and editing didn't help matters much, either. Too bad, because the first 100 minutes or so kept me captivated and entertained.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 25 Nov, 2014 6

Nah

• Steve Pennock

★★★★½ Watched by Steve Pennock 20 Nov, 2014

Part of my Scorsese List

When asked what film I want to watch and when presented with options my eye always gravitates towards anything directed by Martin Scorsese, even more so if Robert de Niro is also involved. This is part of my film education because despite loving both people I am on a mission to watch all their collaborations. Goodfellas lit the Scorsese fire and slowly I have been playing catch up on this brilliant directors back catalogue. I…

• Lawrence Hinkle

masterpiece.

• #Phatcox

★★★½ Watched by #Phatcox 12 Nov, 2014

Spooky Scary De Niro

91's Cape Fear is a nice little thriller about a man's thirst for revenge against his lawyer who (somehow ;p) got him locked up for 14 years. The plot unfolds nicely and the story flows beautifully. De Niro knocks it out here. He plays Max Cady, a smooth and deadly man with 14 year of hate built up inside of him. He plays the part masterfully and really draws you into his character. The other actors…

• Russell Holley

★★★½ Watched by Russell Holley 03 Nov, 2014

Deniro's performance is incredible but the film wasn't as captivating as the classic I've always heard about on this first time watch.

• Chris Hodgson

★★★★ Added by Chris Hodgson

This is lesser Scorsese which still makes it a lot better than most. Great supporting cast balancing out De Niro's less than subtle (albeit excellent) performance. I suppose this was his Scarface.

• Joe DiCanio