• Jordan Ferrero

★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan Ferrero 25 Jan, 2015

I just loved the way Scorsese captured that classic film feeling with his directing. DeNiro is captivating on screen, even when he doesn't say anything at all. While it isn't your typical Scorsese greatness, Cape Fear still is a fantastic film.

• Eastwood Allen

★★★★ Watched by Eastwood Allen 25 Jan, 2015

Great movie and Bobby D is a tour de force. I couldn't help myself from laughing at some of the set-ups though. Even the stilted crash zooms became funny after a while. All part of the enjoyment.
    Was I the only one rooting for Cady?

• Pike Bishop

★★★★ Rewatched by Pike Bishop 14 Jan, 2015

While the story is good enough on its own, Robert De Niro's performance is outstanding, blending humor and downright disgust.

• Bryce Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Bryce Wilson 11 Jan, 2015

"Grandaddy used to handle snakes in church, Granny drank strychnine."

• Joe Cool

★★★ Watched by Joe Cool 03 Jan, 2015

This remake feels like a copy of a copy of a copy. You can see where the original ideas would have worked but the whole affair is so heavy handed and steeped in exaggerated direction, acting, and score that it all gets old too fast.

I can imagine that this might have worked as a leaner and less over the top film. De Niro is sufficiently menacing and Nolte plays the victim roll well but in the end the whole affair is just overblown and all subtlety gets lost in the plot.

• Hershal Whiteman

★★★ Rewatched by Hershal Whiteman 03 Jan, 2015

I totally get what Scorsese was going for with this one. Crazy angles, vivid lighting, lurid subject matter. Steeped in noir. It's his stab at Hitchcock. But here's the thing. It all really comes off as lesser DePalma. Now, I have issues with DePalma but I think we can acknowledge he does good Alfred. And like I said this ain't good Alfred, it's not even good Brian. DeNiro's pretty on though.

• JoseIgnacioWert

★★★½ Added by JoseIgnacioWert

Quizá no fuera buena idea hacer un “remake” de El cabo del terror (Cape Fear, J. Lee Thompson, 1962). Pero, puestos a hacerlo, confiarlo a Martin Scorsese –en uno de sus escasos “encargos” comerciales- fue todo un acierto. Su peculiar estilo visual se impone con creces a un guión simplemente interesante, creando una muy disfrutable película de asfixiante terror.

Robert De Niro está comodísimo en su papel (el doblaje en castellano de su personaje se volvería mítico más de una…

• Picknicker83

★★★★ Watched by Picknicker83 01 Jan, 2015

Did not see a lot of Scorseses' style in the movie. It is a thrilling ride nonetheless. De Niro gives a scary and memorable performance.

• Jacob Kyon

★★★★½ Watched by Jacob Kyon 31 Dec, 2014

Scorsese has done it again, not any less expected from one of the greatest filmmaker that has ever lived. Its brilliant Hitchcockian filmmaking aside, Cape Fear is an intense cat-and-mouse thriller that would have you glued from the start till the very last second of the movie (even after the end credits). Its religious undertones and the clever irony of a lawyer being bitten back by the very law he manipulated were a nice bonus.

And I haven't even talked about the magnificent performances by everyone, and not just the talented De Niro himself.

• David Koenig

★★★ Added by David Koenig

I like it enough and still think it's a good film...until I saw the original. (own on DVD)

• gary2221

★★★★½ Watched by gary2221 16 Dec, 2014

C'est vraiment un très bon film, l'ambiance est super stressante, De Niro est encore une fois au top. 2heures à couper le souffle

• Luke Ryan

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Ryan 28 Nov, 2014

A tense thriller from Martin Scorsese, reuniting yet again with one of his muses Robert DeNiro, who plays Max Cady. A man who gets out of jail after a long sentence, with a grudge to settle with the man who defended him in court, Sam Bowden played by Nick Nolte. This is a remake of the 1962 film, which I haven't seen yet, but the two main stars of that film appear in this one. Gregory Peck's role is a…