• maggie wyatt

★★★ Added by maggie wyatt 1

i watched this because someone said bray wyatt (the second love of my life) reminded them of max cady and honestly i'm offended by the comparison

• Justin

★★★★★ Watched by Justin 27 Sep, 2016 1

holy shit

• John Bacin

★★★★½ Watched by John Bacin 26 Sep, 2016

This movie was awesome. Great acting, perfect/interesting editing, great pace, awesome score.

• David Germer

★★★ Watched by David Germer 28 Mar, 2016

Deeply unsettling.

De Niro is terrifying, especially in his scenes with Juliette Lewis. Those are hard to wash out of the mind...

Nolte, I'd argue, is miscast here. Not a bad performance, just not nearly as sympathetic as Gregory Peck (obviously an unfair comparison, but it's there).

• Jessie

★★★ Watched by Jessie 26 Sep, 2016

A taut, brilliantly acted, chilling film. Would have been rated higher if it weren't for the excessive use of the inverted or negative filter, because that is just a visual that has never worked for me and never will, but holy shit this was a movie.

• maggie wyatt

★★★ Watched by maggie wyatt 25 Sep, 2016

i put this on to try and distract myself from my post live show depression, but guess what, i'm still fucking crying because last night i was actually in the same room as the love of my life, chris jericho, who proceeded to put the entire city of chicago on his shit list

• Domenico90

★★★ Added by Domenico90

The film tells the story of a convicted rapist who, using mostly his newfound knowledge of the law and its numerous loopholes, seeks vengeance against a former public defender whom he blames for his 14-year imprisonment due to purposefully faulty defense tactics used during his trial.

The film was critically acclaimed and received Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations for Best Actor (De Niro) and Best Supporting Actress (Lewis).

• Cody Gore

★★★★½ Watched by Cody Gore 23 Sep, 2016

Cape Fear, the anti Martin Scorsese, Martin Scorsese that feels remarkably like a David Lynch film in every regard from plot devices to the intensely creepy opening scene/score.

I absolutely love this film, in every way. It is a must watch, a GREAT Scorsese, an iconic Deniro, mandatory Juliette Lewis and a psychological thriller masterpiece.

• Hpromonex

★★★★ Watched by Hpromonex 22 Sep, 2016

So, here we are, two lawyers for all practical purposes, talking shop.

Who are men to impose justice on other men. When the laws of men fail, they turn to the laws of God. But when read by men, the laws of God are fallible, and inscrutable, and bent.

The laws of nature are unyielding. You were born free. But all it takes to negate your freedom is one stronger man. The laws of nature are strength. The laws of…

• Ezekiel

Added by Ezekiel

I've always felt that if Scorsese cares about whatever he's working on, he can't help but make it "good". And while "Cape Fear" is not a "bad" film, I question whether Scorsese was fully invested in his work. Scorsese describes this as "an assignment", a movie he made so he could make the films he wanted to. Available history says Spielberg was going to make it but passed it on to Scorsese, given its violent content, (I could probably write…

• Daniel Ohlander

★★½ Watched by Daniel Ohlander 22 Sep, 2016

De Niro good, the rest more or less useless.

• SuperCoenBros

★★★½ Watched by SuperCoenBros 28 Aug, 2016

Steven Spielberg was attached to direct Cape Fear, but was eager to move on (smart move given how wrong his sensibilities are for something this dark), and he reached out to Marty to convince him to take over the project. Supposedly, Spielberg’s pitch centered on the film’s potential for becoming a hit and the increased freedom that a huge financial success could offer for future films. Well, it was, and he moved straight from Cape Fear to The Age of…