• Jens Nilsson

★★★ Watched by Jens Nilsson 25 Jun, 2015

A movie that does a great job paying homage to the old Hitchcock movies -both in sight and sound.

But as a thriller, on its own feet, it adds nothing new to the table. Not very thrilling nor gripping, Cape Fear hits every (all too) expected note.

Maybe it works better as a family drama?

• Chris Vallée

★★★½ Watched by Chris Vallée 26 Jun, 2015

I can't say I am familiar with Scorsese's older work, but this film has a surprisingly un-Scorsese vibe to me, and at times seemed to call to mind an almost Hitchcockian aesthetic and tone. Although its a serious film, there was a touch of silliness like many of Hitchcoks works, and the artistic choices, such as the inverted shots, the fades to red, and even the Saul Bass title credits, all gave this film a distinctly Hitchcock style.

• Oliver

★★★½ Watched by Oliver 23 Jun, 2015

One of the weaker films of Scorcese that I have seen, but still quite good. Fueled by some all around great performances, especially that of Robert De Niro as the creepy psychopath Max Cady the film isn't quite as captivating as the best of the director's work. It certainly has its memorable moments, made all the better by the classic The Simpsons episode which uses the same premise. I have yet to see the original, so I am unable to make any comparison between the two.

• fabitof

★★★★★ Rewatched by fabitof 21 Feb, 2015

Vi esse filme no cinema, lá em 1990 e bolinha, e achei simplesmente incrível. Revendo hoje no Netflix achei super exagerado. A direção é escandalosa; a trilha gritada em alto volume; e o elenco inteiro está à beira de um ataque de nervos. Mas o filme é um ótimo exercício de tensão e bem divertido. PS: difícil hoje em dia se fazer um filme tão explicitamente violento como esse.

• cinemixer

★★★½ Watched by cinemixer 19 Jun, 2015

How often do you see a favourite actor, playing the bad wolf and really believing it? I say not very often. I say "welcome to the world of Robert de Niro"!

• mennomail

★★★★½ Rewatched by mennomail 17 Jun, 2015

Oh man this film is a visual masterpiece. I love Lewis in this film.

• Thomas Pollock

★★★★ Watched by Thomas Pollock 05 Jun, 2015

While I can definitely see how some can be put off the film's theatrics, I loved it. I am yet to watch the original Cape Fear starring Gregory Peck (who makes a wonderful small role in this film!), so keep that in mind before reading. What was most interesting was the style of the film. It came out in 1991, but it felt like a colourful 60s film. This was because of the set design, costumes, cinematography and general colour…

• Michael Williams

★★★★ Added by Michael Williams

"I can out-learn you. I can out-read you. I can out-think you. And I can out-philosophize you. And I'm gonna outlast you."

Robert De Niro's Max Cady is what is most thrillingly displayed best in Martin Scorsese's "Cape Fear." Its Scorsese's first real commercial film. I grew up with the film resonating with me for years. Simply because of Max Cady; the ex-convict who was wronged by his own defense, "vengeance is mine," is enscripted on his reflecting body of…

• Addison

★★★½ Watched by Addison 10 Jun, 2015

uh oh he reads nietzsche

• Kyle Porter

★★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Porter 31 May, 2015

Man, I love this movie. Last year I watched the original, and this one, back-to-back. While I enjoyed the original, this one is just so much better, in my opinion. The performances are Oscar worthy. Great film.

• James Gorton

★★★★ Watched by James Gorton 05 Jun, 2015

I liked the bit where he stepped on all the rakes.

• Nymphomaniac Vol. XI

★★★★½ Watched by Nymphomaniac Vol. XI 30 May, 2015

"well, gee golly gosh, i sure am sorry i offended you, you white trash piece of shit"