• danote

★★★★★ Rewatched by danote 27 Nov, 2016

Maratón Scorsese #06

Esta si se me hace una de sus más grandes obras maestras. Horrible por donde se le vea, trágica para su protagonista, uno de los villanos más malévolos de la historia del cine, y Julliete Lewis es una revelación. Me gustan los tintes Lolit-ezcos con los que Scorsese la filma.

En verdad se me hace completamente aterradora. Me da mucho miedo. Max Cady me parece algo tipo Michael Myers, un mal imparable, irracional, injustificable. Es más la esencia del mal que un hombre haciendo maldades. Es imparable, inmatable. Verdaderamente una pesadilla.

• James Christopher Lawrence

★★★★ Watched by James Christopher Lawrence 27 Nov, 2016

POWERHOUSE The Movie

• Ryan M

★★ Watched by Ryan M 25 Nov, 2016

Yeah, uh, I don't know. In terms of editing, cinematography, and visual design, Cape Fear is great. However, even I have things by which I cannot abide, and this film's truly lecherous treatment of a character meant to be 15 years old brought me as close to turning off a film as I have been in a long time. None of the other women characters fare much better, and it made me uncomfortable in a genuine way outside the context of the film. I can see why people like the movie overall, but it's not one I can recommend.

• ShamanDarko

★★★★★ Added by ShamanDarko

AMAZING

Robert de Niro can be do that roles so fucking perfect.

• Chris Genro

★★ Watched by Chris Genro 22 Nov, 2016

what a horrible film that's inferior to the original in every way. Over the top acting and totally unlikable characters. 2/5 stars.

• jad AMFU

★★★½ Rewatched by jad AMFU 21 Nov, 2016

Interesting how this movie straddles the line between tense, on-the-edge-of-your-seat thriller, and borderline southern farce. Scorsese seems unafraid to push it to the limit though, definitely in terms of Juliette Lewis's precociousness, De Niro's insane, nearly Foghorn Leghorn accent, and the Hitchcockian stylization of it all.

I should watch the original and see how it compares.

And how fun must it have been to do the dolly-in shot on the teddy bear!?

• Nachum

★★★★ Watched by Nachum 21 Nov, 2016

What a schlocky take on Hitchcock. Thats definitely not a bad thing as this movie is hilarious. Over the top acting and dialog. Constant zoom in shots and weird cuts. It all comes together to feel almost like a parody of Hollywood thrillers. I don't know if that was the intention but it works.

• Tim Pritchard

★★½ Watched by Tim Pritchard 19 Nov, 2016

I now finally know what that Simpsons skit was referencing! Otherwise, a rather oddly shot and paced thriller. (Strange to see Nick Nolte looking halfway normal, too.) Good performance from De Niro, though, from the days when he still cared about acting.

• 🔮 Jess 🍷

★★★★ Rewatched by 🔮 Jess 🍷 21 Nov, 2016 1

This movie is so ugly. Ugly in subject matter, ugly in presentation. The image I rewatch this movie for is Jessica Lange in baby pink lipstick, holding a cigarette in the firework light. That's my reminiscence.

• mga

★★★ Watched by mga 12 Nov, 2016

First, Robert de Niro is great, almost as much as Travis in Taxi Driver. His performance was what I liked the most. Sometimes he let me confused with his behaviour.
    Three stars, because I think the story could be better. In real life I doubt it was that easy for the bad guy. Interesting at some point, but not reliable enough to convince me.

• anna

Watched by anna 20 Nov, 2016

what the fuck

• bulletproofQpid

★★★★ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 19 Nov, 2016

"Well, gee golly gosh. I sure am sorry I offended you, you white trash piece of shit."

It's been a long time since I watched Scorsese's Cape Fear, but after getting Night of the Hunter in the mail from Netflix, I had the need to see it again. It's not De Niro or Scorsese's best film by a long shot, but it is a very tense piece of film making. Max Cady seems to be everywhere, in every shot, even…