• Takawira

★★★★★ Watched by Takawira 19 May, 2016

i need those glasses

• DMB

★★★ Rewatched by DMB 25 May, 2016

Revisitando la que fué mi puerta de entrada a Scorsese gracias a su estreno televisivo. Me quedo con el componente visual, un Scorsese desatando su virtuosismo, y con un De Niro pasándoselo en grande con sus muecas. Creo que el paso de los años, el actor secundario Bob y José Mota le han dado una buena capa de rancio. He dicho.

• Kelly

Added by Kelly

i started watching this but i only got 10 mins in before i started thinking about/getting emo about bloodline™ so i went and rewatched the bar scene from ep 8 of bloodline™

• lavrego

★★★½ Watched by lavrego 24 May, 2016

Remake do filme do 61, interesante colaboración de Mitchum e Peck, homenaxe ao filme orixinal. Mágoa que a actuacion de Peck non dese mais de si.
    A peli ten momentos moi bos, pero non consigue espelirse o tufo a telefilme de sobremesa dos 80.

• LLFIN

★★★ Watched by LLFIN 04 Apr, 2014

Cape fear. A fearful film, worth of more than 3 stars, but.... Nick Nolte? Jessica Lange? Juliette Lewis? One can not give more than 3 stars even if Robert de niro is spooky and Gregory Beck is cute.

• fiffy

★★½ Watched by fiffy 23 May, 2016

~draft~The changes made from the 1962 version are interesting. Some are more successful than others, though.
    I like the Bowden family dynamics at the beginning. Nick Nolte's Sam Bowden is not the idealized patriarch that Gregory Peck's is. There's tension between him and his wife (Jessica Lange <3) of the sort that toes the line between playfulness and resentment. It's hard to tell at first if this is just how they bond. I wanted to read them as one of…

• galacticdude7

★★★★ Watched by galacticdude7 22 May, 2016

This was a thoroughly terrifying film with an excellent performance from Robert DeNiro. The film does an excellent job at conveying the horror of the situation and you are legitimately afraid along with our lead characters.

• DanielFalk

★½ Rewatched by DanielFalk 18 May, 2016

Hilariously awful. The silliness is cranked up to 11, and the scenes that are meant to be scary or disturbing are just laugh out loud funny. Atleast it's kind of entertaining.

• stevewyzard

★★★★½ Rewatched by stevewyzard 17 May, 2016

It good. It real good.

• Elliott Duea

★★★ Watched by Elliott Duea 15 May, 2016

MVP: Thelma Schoonmaker

• normsy

★★★★ Watched by normsy 15 May, 2016

Scorsese. Like, what else do I have to say? The man is amazing and makes amazing movies. This isn't his best work, but it's still fantastic. De Niro is fantastic, even if I didn't dig his accent in this. Nolte, Lange, Lewis, Douglas, all great. You obviously hate De Niro's character, but Nolte's character isn't doing anything to make you like him either.

• WizardmanJones

★★★½ Watched by WizardmanJones 14 May, 2016

It's a good movie, no doubt, but I'm not going to lie: I sort of like the Simpson's parody featuring Sideshow Bob more.

Also, if you're going to hire a P.I (or, I guess, hitman?), maybe splurge for a better quality of guy than an overweight Whiskey-and-Pepto swilling Joe Don Baker.