• MrPootytang

★★ Watched by MrPootytang 21 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Geoff Byrom

★★★½ Rewatched by Geoff Byrom 16 Oct, 2014

OK retelling of the classic story. De Niro is cartoonish but Juliette Lewis is excellent.

• John Lees

★★★★½ Rewatched by John Lees 19 Oct, 2014

CAPE FEAR is a film I remember catching a cluster of times when I was very young, probably far too young to be watching such things. Since then, I've managed to revisit the film roughly once every 10 years or so, and every time I see it, the film always seems to hold up. I don't think it's a film that always gets its due, as it's a remake of an acclaimed classic. But I'd say that this version of…

• caveman298

★★★½ Watched by caveman298 16 Oct, 2014

In a rhetorical sense, how good is Robert de Niro is this.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

This was highly flawless film, with DeNiro really a monstrous person around, loved the performance of Nick Nolte and Jessica Lange. Wonderful directorial from Martin Scorsese.

• Lyndsey

★★★½ Watched by Lyndsey 19 Oct, 2014

And now I understand another simpsons reference

• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 17 Oct, 2014

Grande Martin Scorsese

• FilmApe

★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 11 Oct, 2014 2

"I find you guilty, counselor! Guilty of betrayin' your fellow man! Guilty of betrayin' your country and abrogatin' your oath! Guilty of judgin' me and sellin' me out! With the power vested in me by the kingdom of God, I sentence you to the Ninth Circle of Hell!"

Without Deniro's absolutely insane performance, this movie would do little for me. It may sound ignorant to say that this is Scorsese doing a Brian De Palma film, given that it's clear…

• Han Solo

★★★★ Watched by Han Solo 08 Oct, 2014

Robert DeNiro you creepy bastard. Sometimes a little comic, most of the time disturbing. DeNiro is an acting genius and you see it in full force in this. He's a white trash psycho, what's not to love about it?

Shocktober IV

30 Even Scarier Movie Moments

• Jason

★★★★ Rewatched by Jason 06 Oct, 2014

One of those movies that get scarier, as I get older.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 24 Jan, 2011

Rating: B+

• matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

★★★★ Added by matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

Cady: Destitution can bring about the worst in mankind, the singularity of his focus-

Counselor: Desperation can bring out the best and the worst

Deniro- who F'in knew, a good southern accent.

"Oh Counselor," shit still makes me crack a grin.