• Michel87

★★★½ Watched by Michel87 21 Jan, 2010

Good movie with stron perfomances.

7.2/10

• aileena

★★★★★ Watched by aileena 19 Apr, 2016

Robert De Niro kills it as the menacing lead, I loved it.

• Steven Flores

Watched by Steven Flores 14 Apr, 2016

One of Martin Scorsese's more accessible and thrilling films as well as a very stylish homage/remake to J. Lee Thompson's 1962 film that features cameo appearances from Robert Mitchum, Gregory Peck, and Martin Balsam while Robert de Niro gives one of his most definitive performance as the psychotic Max Cady.

• RalphMalcowitz

½ Rewatched by RalphMalcowitz 14 Apr, 2016

I refuse to believe this is a real movie much less directed by legendary filmmaker Martin Scorsese. It's as if Scorsese wanted to test whether he could sleepwalk through a whole movie and see what turns up and what turns up is a steaming pile of trash. The film starts off with a promising premise that's riddled with cliches even down to Nick Nolte's character looking over his shoulder seeing DeNiro's ex con character and then quickly looking back with…

• Cory Sims

★★★★½ Watched by Cory Sims 13 Apr, 2016

My second favorite Martin Scorsese film.

Amongst the force of nature that is Robert DeNiro's Max Cady lies the story that Scorsese is really after; the healing of a family.

This film is Martin Scorsese at his genre defying best.  The climax of the picture is one of the very best of Scorsese's career.

Highly recommended if you've never seen it and definitely worth a rewatch every few years if you're fan.

• Mark Atkins

★★★½ Watched by Mark Atkins 10 Apr, 2016

I love the sort of pseudo-reality this movie exists in. Once I figured out I was watching a high-end slasher and not a thriller all the glorious over-the-topness made perfect sense. Scorsese's imagery pushed this along, but the script really drags it out unnecessarily. If it was tighter, it'd be a manic masterpiece.

Joe Don Baker forever.

• Matthew Lumb

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Lumb 10 Apr, 2016

I am like God...

• hamchuck1

★★★★ Rewatched by hamchuck1 08 Apr, 2016

Amazingly paced and very entertaining.

Started Year of the Dragon but stopped after 30 minutes and started this.

• Gabriel Normand

★★★★ Watched by Gabriel Normand 05 Apr, 2016

"Every man has to go through hell to reach paradise."

De Niro's fantastic as always, Nick Nolte is great, Jessica Lange is amazing, Juliette Lewis is crazy. And I loved the pre-Inception shot in the boat.

• vonorati

★★★★ Watched by vonorati 02 Oct, 1991

Test Screening

• Brett Leach

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brett Leach 02 Apr, 2016

I really love this movie. Deniro kills it as the menacing lead and Scorsese is the perfect director for this. Of course, I can't watch it anymore without thinking about The Simpsons, but there you go.

• Oscar

★★★★ Watched by Oscar 01 Apr, 2016

Previously watch Taxi Driver

Robert De Niro goes from Vigilante (Taxi Driver) to a psychotic killer rapist in this psychological thriller 1991 remake starting Nick Nolte, Jessica lange and Juliette Lewis. I swear Robert De Niro is Nuts & creepy in this film He's really believable I was even getting paranoid watching this movie. I now know where The Simpsons got some of references in some of the episode that included Sideshow bob. The theme music playing though the film is so intimidating.