• archf

★★★★★ Watched by archf 18 Oct, 2016

Wasn't sure what to make of this at first but after sleeping on it I discoverd my chakras had been pierced, my aura gored and my core principles challenged. I thought about it more and realized how well this movie pushed my buttons, maybe in more ways than intended.

The original Cape Fear was a masterpiece in lurking psychological terror coming from a time when people were wholesome and the devil was real (1950s) just around the corner pushing the…

• Dominic Miller

★★★★ Watched by Dominic Miller 20 Oct, 2016

This is kind of a horrifying version of What About Bob.

• Blacktus Jack

★★★½ Watched by Blacktus Jack 19 Oct, 2016

I once took a boat tour that went by a shooting location for this movie, that was pretty cool

• Erik Shalat

★★★★ Watched by Erik Shalat 19 Oct, 2016

Max Cady's sheer willpower and tenacity for survival... there's no way he isn't an enemy stand user

• rot

★★★ Rewatched by rot 18 Oct, 2016

DeNiro laughing in the movie theater, true horror. Scorsese did the schlocky horror genre so much better with Shutter Island.

• Kikomia

★★★★½ Watched by Kikomia 17 Oct, 2016

i wanna say robert de niro plays a rapist well, but i already saw dirty grandpa before this

• Casey Malone

★★★ Watched by Casey Malone 14 Oct, 2016

Let's talk about Robert DiNero's accent in this.

• Coalton Ross

★★★½ Watched by Coalton Ross 10 Oct, 2016

Martin Scorsese's Cape Fear, a remake of an Old Hollywood thriller, has many homages to Hitchcockian thrill rides while retaining Scorsese's eye and his tendency for unearthing over-the-top performances and brutal violence. Robert DeNiro's performance is Shakespearean in its eccentrism, and the supporting cast really only exist to feed this egomaniacal psychopath's depraved desires. The score and cinematography are also appropriately exaggerated, increasing tension and drama to the point of near absurdism, but never to an unenjoyable degree. This film teeters on cheese and camp but never succumbs to it, as it remains a fun thrill ride and a worthy successor to the original.

• Ryan Dolby

★★★★ Watched by Ryan Dolby 13 Oct, 2016

Robert Deniro is one crazy rapist! But for real his acting is top notch. I loved the way this film was shot and the snappiness of the camera + the quick editing. The daughter is a very annoying character and thought the finale was a little stretched out. Loved the score and Nick Nolte and Jessica Lange were also great.

• mshooster

★★★½ Watched by mshooster 13 Oct, 2016

De Palma + 'All That Heaven Allows' + Cape Fear (1962)
    = Cape Fear (1991) dir. Scorsese

Wait, what???

• HRyan

★★★ Watched by HRyan 12 Oct, 2016

Wished it was a little better, but Cape Fear is still an enjoyable movie. I still can't believe Steven Spielberg was suppose to direct this. The film does seem like an odd choice from Martin Scorsese, but he does do a good job. This film felt way long, even though it was only two hours. There were scenes that could have been trimmed or completely removed. Robert De Niro is just good, he is just too good at acting, he…

• michaellaa