• Josiah Morgan

★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 25 Nov, 2014 6

Nah

• Steve Pennock

★★★★½ Watched by Steve Pennock 20 Nov, 2014

When asked what film I want to watch and when presented with options my eye always gravitates towards anything directed by Martin Scorsese, even more so if Robert de Niro is also involved. This is part of my film education because despite loving both people I am on a mission to watch all their collaborations. Goodfellas lit the Scorsese fire and slowly I have been playing catch up on this brilliant directors back catalogue. I know that me saying Scorsese…

• Lawrence Hinkle

masterpiece.

• #Phatcox

★★★½ Watched by #Phatcox 12 Nov, 2014

Spooky Scary De Niro

91's Cape Fear is a nice little thriller about a man's thirst for revenge against his lawyer who (somehow ;p) got him locked up for 14 years. The plot unfolds nicely and the story flows beautifully. De Niro knocks it out here. He plays Max Cady, a smooth and deadly man with 14 year of hate built up inside of him. He plays the part masterfully and really draws you into his character. The other actors…

• Russell Holley

★★★½ Watched by Russell Holley 03 Nov, 2014

Deniro's performance is incredible but the film wasn't as captivating as the classic I've always heard about on this first time watch.

• Chris Hodgson

★★★★ Added by Chris Hodgson

This is lesser Scorsese which still makes it a lot better than most. Great supporting cast balancing out De Niro's less than subtle (albeit excellent) performance. I suppose this was his Scarface.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 29 Oct, 2014

Rating: B+

• TheRantAsArt

★★★★ Rewatched by TheRantAsArt 28 Oct, 2014

Martin Scorsese takes on the psychological thriller with this remake of a 1962 film directed by J. Lee Thompson. Scorsese and writer Wesley Strick update the story and give Max Cady an even more sadistic streak than he had in the original when Robert Mitchum (who has a cameo in this version, along with Gregory Peck and Martin Balsam) played him.

Scorsese gives lawyer Sam Bowden and his family (Jessica Lange and Juliette Lewis) a troubled home life that ex-con…

• FoxMulder666

★★★★ Added by FoxMulder666

Excellent remake. DeNiro is relentless and so hardcore. Marty kills it! Excellent acting by Nick Nolte and Jessica Lange as well

• MrPootytang

★★ Watched by MrPootytang 21 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Geoff Byrom

★★★½ Rewatched by Geoff Byrom 16 Oct, 2014

OK retelling of the classic story. De Niro is cartoonish but Juliette Lewis is excellent.