• aleedonoso

Added by aleedonoso

nunca había visto tanto vomito en una película dafaq

• Alexander Offord

★★★★ Watched by Alexander Offord 18 Dec, 2014 2

Interestingly, as a theatre-goer, I think if I saw this in its original stage version, I would have found it somewhat banal and ho-hum. But on film, it's fantastic.

I've been an unabashed Polanski fan for years, having started with "Knife in the Water" and "Fearless Vampire Killers" all the way through "Chinatown" and the underrated "Ghostwriter." His attention to detail is so subtle, yet distinct. The way he lingers on a face, or a glass that's just been set…

• Matt Watson

★★★★ Added by Matt Watson

This was one of those "there's nothing on television so this will do" moments that turned into a pleasant surprise. Directed by Roman Polanski and based on a play by Yasmina Reza (who also wrote this screenplay), it has a very simple premise - two sets of parents meet together in a house to discuss cordially the recent fight between their sons. However, tensions between the couples soon grow into tensions within the pre-existing relationships as the conversation descends further…

• Jonathan Pincus

★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Pincus 05 Dec, 2014 5

"Mrs. Longstreet, our son is a maniac!" - Alan Cowan

"Carnage" (2011) is a fun, but minor, Polanski film adaptation of a play. Taking place in an apartment, parents of two kids who recently fought agree to talk it out together in a civilized manner. However, things aren't that simple when values, pride, and relationship instability get in the way. "Carnage"'s strength comes from its four leads who all provide excellent performances: John C. Reilly, Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, and…

• reflectedsplndr

★★★★ Watched by reflectedsplndr 02 Dec, 2014

"I believe in the God of Carnage."

Very much a modern take on the kind of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? booze-addled drama that makes marriage look absolutely horrific.

• EJ

★½ Watched by EJ 22 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Carnage
    Dir: Roman Polanski

Carnage is a sweet comedy-drama film, what actually keeps me entertained while watching this film, is the pace of the film which goes throughout the film at the rate of frustration felt by each character in the film. It is sweet to see two couples going against each other, and most of the time defending one another, with humor and hilarious scenes, like throwing of a cell phone in the water. Roman Polanski is totally a genius person, to utilize the atmosphere of plot into both murky and enjoying.

• Michael Williams

★★★★ Watched by Michael Williams 15 Nov, 2014

Fucking brilliant

• JC13

★★★★ Rewatched by JC13 06 Nov, 2014

"I believe in the god of carnage. The god whose rule's been unchallenged since time immemorial."- Alan Cowan

Roman Polanski's Carnage seems to be a very divisive film. I've heard many people call it boring, but some people love it. I fall in the latter category. I had seen this film once before and it held up wonderfully on rewatch. The film concerns two sets of parents who hold a meeting after a quarrel between their sons. The meeting never…

• Ghasem Najjary

★★★ Watched by Ghasem Najjary 07 Nov, 2014

That fake Winslet.

• allflicker

★★ Added by allflicker

Four of the best actors working in film today. One of the most acclaimed and talked about modern plays straight off Broadway. And Roman Polanski at the helm.

Why wasn't Carnage a more engrossing experience? These things are sometimes unexplainable, Polanski has proved adept before at transplanting theater to film. Maybe he picked the wrong play and this sorta thing wouldn't have made a good movie in anyone's hands but that doesn't change the fact that watching this movie is a depressing and exhaustive experience.

• Bouillotte

★★★★ Watched by Bouillotte 07 Nov, 2014

That fucking hamster man.