• sonyaste

★★★★½ Watched by sonyaste 23 Feb, 2015

tense

• Jakub Flasz

★★★★ Watched by Jakub Flasz 20 Feb, 2015

Tight, short and kind of funny... "Carnage" is what happens when you get four actors in the same room, give them a script and roll camera. Being a very literal adaptation of what I think is a one-act play, "Carnage" is more of a character study or a thinly veiled cautionary tale, rather than a story with character arcs, plots and all that good stuff. It can really be summed up in one sentence, but it does not imply that…

• Matthias

★★★★ Added by Matthias

Herrliches Kabinetstück mit unfassbar guten Schauspielern, kann man sich ja denken...

• scarlet

★★★½ Added by scarlet

You know a film's good when you have your open mouth covered by your hand throughout its entirety.

• Tyler Foster

★★½ Watched by Tyler Foster 07 May, 2014

Didn't enjoy this nearly as much as I had been hoping I would.

• Mickymuis

★★★½ Added by Mickymuis

Love the idea!

• Robert Armitage

★★★★ Watched by Robert Armitage 05 Feb, 2015

I've found a Polanski that I unreservedly like. Yay me! Good dialogue from characters that round out and unfold very well as the story unfolds. Carnage's roots as a play are fairly obvious: the action never gets more than a few feet out of the one couple's apartment and it's all talk, talk talk. Check that, the film opens and closes in the park with no dialogue.
    The film has a brain and a point and sums it all up nicely with a hamster- or is it a gerbil?
    Needless to say, the acting is all quite good.

• Clay

★★★★ Rewatched by Clay 05 Feb, 2015

This is the first film of my rewatch month that I might actually like less on my second viewing. I still love Carnage, but I feel less passionate towards the adaptation of a play this time around. This whole film feels like it could have entire stayed a play and it would have worked much more efficiently.

That being said, the acting is near perfect and it really brings out some of the more intense moments in the film. It's…

• Ayşenur A.

★★★★ Watched by Ayşenur A. 04 Feb, 2015

Glad to see a lighter, colored, 21st-century Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

• James Joyce

★★★ Rewatched by James Joyce 03 Feb, 2015

Carnage is just what it's tagline reads: A new comedy of no manners. A film entirely set in the claustrophobic apartment of Jodie Foster and John C. Reilly, with 'guests' Kate Winslet and Christoph Waltz, as two couples attempting to find equilibrium in a toxic situation caused by their two kids.
    What emerges is a fast paced farce almost, where one makes one slight remark, causing upheaval to emerge in the most vile demonstrations of anger, such as a phone…

• Chris

★★★★ Watched by Chris 31 Jan, 2015

Intense, directed with style and most important of all acted with such range with all the stars at their best. As one of my favourite actors, I think Jodie Foster shines brightest with her demure fragility giving way to such red hot rage and neurosis.

• podster

★★★ Watched by podster 30 Jan, 2015

The first half: a pain in the ass.
    The second half: great comedy.