• jgmolina

★★★ Added by jgmolina

A simple, straightforward farce of complicated relationships. What makes it so engaging is the great acting from its four players. Its laid out much like a play with emphasis on back and forth banter.

• Wilco

★★ Watched by Wilco 19 Nov, 2011

[Notas viejas del 2011 en el tumblr...]
    Vengo de ver CARNAGE (Roman Polanski, 2011, mix). Temía acabar dándole la razón a este hombre (www.panix.com/~dangelo/Nov11.html). Y desde luego, me situo más cerca de él que de este otro (www.larazon.es/noticia/7697-venecia-recibe-entre-ovaciones-un-dios-salvaje-de-polanski) ~ La historía es bien sencilla, pero con suficiente voltaje como para resultar jugosa: Dos matrimonios se ven debido a que el hijo de uno de ellos ha agredido al del otro. La conversación se pretende civilizada, pero a medida que pasa…

• redcatcher06

★★½ Watched by redcatcher06 06 May, 2015

Some great performances. Jodie Foster's character was such a pain in the neck that I think I no longer like Jodie Foster. Just goes to show how good her acting was - but still not as good as Kate Winslet.

• N. Eloy

★★★★ Watched by N. Eloy 03 May, 2015

I don't know why yet, but this is good! Very good!

• DiegoSanchez

★★★ Watched by DiegoSanchez 01 May, 2015

Demasiado monótona para mi....

• Taylor Kimmett

★★★★ Added by Taylor Kimmett

Caught the latter half of this one on tv a while back and was engrossed by the premise and performances.

• Wulf | Medienjournal

★★★★ Watched by Wulf | Medienjournal 30 Apr, 2015

Roman Polanski ist mit seiner Adaption von 'Der Gott des Gemetzels' ein äußerst empfehlenswerter Film gelungen, der fernab jeglichen Schnickschnacks voll und ganz auf seine vier Darsteller fokussiert, die allesamt in ihren jeweiligen rollen zu brillieren wissen. Lediglich ein recht banaler Schluss und das Versäumnis, die Eskalation in der zweiten Hälfte noch mehr auf die Spitze zu treiben und lohnenswerte Dialogansätze weiter zu verfolgen, trüben schlussendlich den Gesamteindruck der ansonsten unumwunden empfehlenswerten Gesellschaftssatire.

Mehr gibt es unter:

medienjournal-blog.de/2015/04/review-der-gott-des-gemetzels-film/

• CassieHW

★★ Added by CassieHW

This movie had alright acting in the beginning, but progressively got worse and worse. Turns out Kate Winslet is not very good at pretending to be drunk. I wished Christoph Waltz got more lines because his character was actually interesting. They should have given him more free reign. Anyway, the movie was average and I would have rather been spending my time doing something else.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 30 Apr, 2015

Tremendous fun. Four top-class performances are needed to make the four characters horrible and fascinating and four top-class performances are given. It's a bit lightweight but gleefully nasty as bit by bit you lose all sympathy with the superficially respectable characters - but in a really fun way.

• Aurelia Gould

★★★★ Rewatched by Aurelia Gould 28 Apr, 2015

I had forgotten all about this! I am glad I revisited this unexpectedly hilarious drawing room drama. Four characters chatting inside a living room could have been very boring, if it weren't for these actors' combined talent and the way they've been choreographed to move in this confined space by the director. A study for aspiring actors and directors. Pure delight for the rest of us.

• Ed Glendenning

★★★½ Watched by Ed Glendenning 26 Apr, 2015

John C. Reilly's character development is astounding. Bet there's a few Will Ferrell fans with no clue how good JCR really is.

• Mad Maru

★★★★ Watched by Mad Maru 25 Apr, 2015

Having been introduced to Roman Polanski through only Rosemary's Baby and Repulsion, which I love so dearly for their overall dark story and tone, I was a little skeptical about Carnage because it looked too normal and I couldn't help but thought it would be chaos. And it was. In every good way possible.

Four parents meet up after an incident involving their sons. At first everyone seems to be okay about everything, but as the minutes go by, their…