• fultoncharlie

★★★ Watched by fultoncharlie 09 Apr, 2012

The play this movie is based on is basically warmed-over VIRGINIA WOOLF with ho-hum class-warfare themes replacing the fun neuroses of George and Martha. Still, it's nice to see Polanski return to the territory of KNIFE IN THE WATER and CUL-DE-SAC: emotional tensions and shifting alliances in a well-defined space. Jodie Foster turns in a delightfully hateful performance. That groovy young hooker in TAXI DRIVER sure grew up to be one brittle bitch! 6/10

• Sabela La

★★★½ Rewatched by Sabela La 13 Apr, 2015

Roman Polanski provoca carcajadas llenas de culpa. Como cuando un niño pequeño dice un taco o un amigo se cae haciéndose mucho daño.

Un festival de miseria humana que le da la razón al 'Leviatán' Hobbes.

• Matthew Albino

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Albino 09 Apr, 2015 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Shout out to Seth for recommending this film. It out got pretty deep. I'll have to re-watch it for me to really analyse the film but I'll save that for another day.

• Paukzen

★★★★ Rewatched by Paukzen 11 Aug, 2013

Dvix

• Juan Castillo

★★★½ Watched by Juan Castillo 02 Apr, 2015

Roman Polanski demuestra una vez más su brillantez a la hora de extraer petróleo en circunstancias difíciles. Nadie como él para explotar las posibilidades de una historia con unidad de tiempo y de espacio.
    En cuanto al texto adaptado (el 'Carnage' de Yasmina Reza) pues, no sé, no ha sido una epifanía, precisamente.

• Jack

★★★ Watched by Jack 29 Mar, 2015

Didn't quite reach the heights I wanted it to.

• David Fonseca

★★★ Watched by David Fonseca 28 Mar, 2015

only gets better when they get drunk

• Paukzen

★★★★ Watched by Paukzen 20 Sep, 2011

Rondinella con Luca

• trsha

★★★★ Watched by trsha 23 Mar, 2015

I love this movie!

• jolocus

★★★★★ Rewatched by jolocus 21 Mar, 2015

I just rewatched this movie and I still love it.
    I got a thing for movies that are set on one location and are minimal. This movie has only 4 actors, who all do awesome jobs.
    the dialogs are great. Most of all I love how the Cowans always try to leave but in the end they end up in the room again.
    this movie is so funny and even though it only has 4 actors it doesn't become boring even for 1 second.
    It deserves 5 out of 5 stars for sure.

• Matt J.

★★★★ Watched by Matt J. 16 Mar, 2015

This film, which is one of Roman Polanski's latest, is a highly-entertaining chamber piece. In it, 2 sets of parents, played by John C. Reilly/Jodi Foster and Christoph Waltz/Kate Winslet, meet in order to cordially discuss a minor physical altercation that occurred between their two young sons.

The dynamic between each person is constantly changing, as allies quickly become enemies then back again, depending on the current topic of conversation. I always find both Christoph Waltz and John Reilly a…

• kyle poling

★★★½ Added by kyle poling

5 WORD REVIEW: JOHN C. REILEY: MASTER THESPIAN!

If you think that a movie that consists entirely of 2 uptight, rich, yuppie couples in one setting arguing about a fight their kids had in which one's teeth were knocked out sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Then you would be right. But, someone forgot to tell John C. Reiley to play this one serious. And therefore he redeems the entire thing.