• Linnea

★★★★ Watched by Linnea 29 Apr, 2016

When will Christoph Waltz be my sugar daddy. He's an awful human being in this but like still..

• Yasuo Crits

★★★★½ Watched by Yasuo Crits 30 Apr, 2016

This film is a great example of how you don't need an elaborate set and an expensive budget to make an entertaining movie. All you need is a quality script and talented actors. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and most everything about it.

• özten

a divorce manual

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • Megan Hamilton

★★★½ Watched by Megan Hamilton 26 Apr, 2016

Truly violent and "openly despicable" are all the four characters on display here. It's fascinating to watch their shifting alliances as all hell breaks loose. It's a hyperbolic ascent in response to what is an ultimately unimportant trigger.

• James Lees

★★★★ Rewatched by James Lees 22 Apr, 2016

What I love about Carnage is that it really doesn't feel like a film at all. Despite its absurditity, it feels very real and it feels like we've been dropped into the apartment with these four people to observe what's going on.

This is my second time seeing it and it's still every bit as good as it was on first viewing. I love how sharp the dialogue is and how I still found myself yelling at the TV going…

• John Lees

★★★ Watched by John Lees 18 Apr, 2016

CARNAGE is an enjoyable film in how it is almost entirely character-driven, confined to a single setting and built around the interactions of four characters, two sets of parents discussing an incident between their children. It gives scope for our four lead actors - Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet, John C. Reilly and Christoph Waltz - to all cut loose with great, nuanced performances. I was especially pleased to see Jodie Foster getting such a good part, as she doesn't seem…

• camelfrommars

★★★★ Rewatched by camelfrommars 17 Apr, 2016

This is a wonderful film. The script is so incredibly tight, rising to noisy peaks at times, staying silent and awkward when required. All four characters get their time to shine, and their time to act like horrible bastards. Alliances and conflicts rise and dissipate constantly, exposing the flaws in every one of them (though some hide it better than others, and some just don't care about hiding it at all).

The cast are, to a man, outstanding. Foster as…

• Pek Mi

★★ Watched by Pek Mi 16 Jul, 2012

Not. Very. Good. (Quite. Sadly.)

• magicmercer

★★ Watched by magicmercer 15 Apr, 2016

Great cast, great performances from all (although Winslets performance felt amateurish in comparison) great script, so why did this feel below average.
    By the end I felt cheated, I wanted nay expected so much more but I was left underwhelmed. As I said great performances, but great individually, the chemistry between the characters was lacking and for the mist part it did feel like every actor for themselves.

• Paranoyer

Added by Paranoyer

Basierend auf dem gleichnamigen Theaterstück von Yasmina Reza inszenierte Roman Polanski einen Film, der seine Herkunft in keiner Sekunde verleugnet. "Der Gott des Gemetzels" ist auch abgefilmt Theater und macht die Unterschiede zwischen den beiden Kunstformen deutlich. Polanski hat kein Interesse daran, die Inszenierung den Gegebenheiten abzupassen, was dazu führt, dass dieser eigentlich in der Realität verankerte Film dem Zuschauer sehr viel suspension of disbelief abverlangt, ihn also dazu anhält, Dinge so hinzunehmen, die wenig mit der Wirklichkeit zu tun…