• schmone

★★★½ Watched by schmone 17 Aug, 2015

hahah

• seasondays

★★★ Watched by seasondays 21 Apr, 2012

it must be a good play because it is a weird movie that might have escaped tv; no matter how great it is acted the mise-en-scene is distracting [why did they insist no setting it in NYC?].

• tomthabomb

★★★★½ Watched by tomthabomb 13 Aug, 2015

If I could summarize this film in two words it would be this:
    WHITE PEOPLE.

I love films that take place over the course of one day (this one is even set in real-time) and depict a huge change in the characters over such a short period of time. The premise and setting are simple: two boys have a fight in a park in Brooklyn and all of their parents meet in an apartment to settle things like civil adults.…

• Lita

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lita 11 Aug, 2015

This is a dialogue film and a funny one at that. However I am discovering it is not everyone's cup of tea. Definitely an aquired taste.

• Not Ignatiy Vishnevetsky

Added by Not Ignatiy Vishnevetsky

An investment banker (Kate Winslet) and her Blackberry-addicted corporate lawyer husband (Christoph Waltz) are trapped by escalatingly-absurd social circumstances in the Brooklyn apartment of a housewares salesman (John C. Reilly) and a high-minded writer (Jodie Foster) in Roman Polanski's brief comedy of bourgeois mores and misbehavior. The film's confined setting—the living room of the apartment, with occasional detours to such geographically remote locations as the kitchen, the bathroom and the hallway—serves as a showcase for Polanski's keen mise-en-scene and the meticulous production design of Dean Tavoularis (THE GODFATHER, APOCALYPSE NOW); they imbue the whole thing with a heightened sense of constructed reality—one where every detail counts.

• nxnz

★★★½ Watched by nxnz 09 Aug, 2015

Polanski depicts the world of excessive falsity of modern moms and dads made of fake politeness, which gets destroyed as the film keeps spinning. The perfectly fitting cast made of the two moms (Jodie Foster and Kate Winslet) and the two dads (Christopher Waltz and John Reilly) brings on the heat: the deeper we go and deeper the characters take off their masks to show resemblance with the same-sex person of the opposite couple. The two kids' fight it's just…

• pilotfish

★★★ Watched by pilotfish 08 Aug, 2015

A tightly wound series of tightly wound, seemingly normal people gradually implode for our perverse amusement. A little slow to start, but hits its stride after a while.

It became very interesting to try and track a favourite (or marginally likeable/less awful than the rest) character throughout the experience.

There was no clear winner and I gave up in the end.

• IShotJR

★★★★½ Watched by IShotJR 03 Aug, 2015

"I saw your friend Jane Fonda on TV the other day. Made me want to run out and buy a Ku Klux Klan poster."
    -Alan Cowan

90%

• Iggyy

★★★ Watched by Iggyy 04 Aug, 2015

6.3/10..

• Omar Arteaga

★★★½ Watched by Omar Arteaga 09 Jun, 2015

Carnage es una sencilla demostración actoral en una sola locación; no le tenía muchas expectativas pero cuando incluso el aporte de Reilly es sobresaliente algo está pasando.

El diálogo lo es todo y cada uno parece entender a la perfección el rol en la bomba que van armando para el clímax mientras exponen sus particulares defensas. El gran pero que le pongo es a la genial composición de Desplat solo usada en el inicio y final.

"I believe in the god of carnage. The god whose rule's been unchallenged since time immemorial."

• alexbhades

★★★ Watched by alexbhades 31 Mar, 2012

En principio la formula es: Un buen director + un buen guión + unos buenos actores = 1 buena película.
    Yo no lo voy a contradecir basandome en esta película y ademas teniendo debilidad por Polanski... Pero Un dios salvaje me deja ese amargor en el estomago de que he ido al cine a ver una obra de teatro y que para ver una obra de teatro mejor vamos al teatro.

• LoveofCelluloid

★★★½ Watched by LoveofCelluloid 12 Mar, 2014

A simple, one-act play turned into an entertaining dark comedy...

Full review located at: