• Nosoyalan

★★★ Rewatched by Nosoyalan 06 Oct, 2015

Cuatro personas discutiendo por hora y media sin cortes. Buena adaptación de la obra God of carnage.

• Patrick Mulcahy

★★★★ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 04 Feb, 2012

In the production notes for Carnage, his film adaptation of Yasmina Reza’s 2006 play, God of Carnage, Roman Polanski described how he had never seen a real-time single location movie before, so wanted to attempt one. I guess that Alfred Hitchcock’s Rope, also adapted from a play, wasn’t on television while he was in house arrest in Switzerland or otherwise escaped his interest. Still, while I can fault his knowledge of film history, I cannot fault his ability as a…

• Jaime Grijalba

★★★★ Rewatched by Jaime Grijalba 04 Oct, 2015

Carnage (2011)

The worst day of their lives.

• Tiago Massoni

★★★★ Watched by Tiago Massoni 03 Oct, 2015

A great exercise in acting. Liked a lot.

• Voina

★★★★ Added by Voina

A great film about how people act around each other. The movie takes what was originally meant to be a short encounter that explodes into a long drawn out war of wills.

• Ainhoa

Added by Ainhoa

Me pareció una mierda increíble.

• RodrigoJerez

★★★★ Added by RodrigoJerez

Well that escalated quickly...
    Carnage is a Roman Polanski movie about 4 people, the Cowan parents and the Longstreet parents, that after the Cowan's son attacks the Longstreet's son with a stick.

I like how eventually all of them get to the point where the true intentions show in a nihilistic and really crude way, Carnage is a really appropiate title for the film. The dialogue is just fantastic and works really well. I liked a lot Christoph Waltz character.

The acting and directing work really well and make the film have a really nice dynamic feel.

A nice and good film, gets 4 stars

• paul indrome

★★★ Watched by paul indrome 21 Sep, 2015

white parents being parents. hum ok well see you later.

• zeenophobia

★★★ Watched by zeenophobia 14 Sep, 2015

It's funny how out of place play dialogue seems on the big screen.

• SamCricket

★★★★½ Added by SamCricket

The brilliance of the mounting agression, of the animal appearing in the man, the nihilism of our ego's and the passive agressivenes of adult relations are all ingredients in Polanski's brilliant CARNAGE.

The whole movie is filmed in one house, but it is one of the least contemplative movies I've seen. It is the dialogue, the brilliant, crude, roller coastering script that keeps us viewers hooked on here.
    Just two couples talking - and yet so much is said about…

• Daniel

★★★★ Watched by Daniel 11 Sep, 2015

This is the most awkward, and uncomfortable film I have seen, maybe ever. I loved every second of it and I’ll never watch it again. The passive-aggressiveness was unreal; the amount of times I covered my face out of shear embarrassment for these characters was more than I would like to admit. This movie was painful to watch and for a comedy, it wasn’t exactly laugh out loud funny, but it was still wildly entertaining. Great writing/dialogue, cast, and performances; Winslet and Foster were the stand outs.

• Victor Krause

★★★★½ Watched by Victor Krause 08 Sep, 2015

Noted gross person Roman Polanski made yet another fine film.