• Kat Moir

★★★½ Rewatched by Kat Moir 28 Sep, 2014

Carnage is a brilliant stage adaptation that accurately shows people cracking under pressure and the gradual decline from civilised and polite, to immature and colliding with each other. It shows the importance people put on material possessions, meaningless chatter and social status.

Four outstanding performances, but overall probably better suited to the stage.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Dec, 2011

I wasn't expecting a masterpiece and I didn't get one. I was expecting a good film and I got something more than that.

This film was highlighted by a wonderful cast which consisted of four well-known actors: Jodie Foster, John C. Reilly, Kate Winslet, and Christoph Waltz. Each one of them played his/her character masterfully in this deliciously strange dramedy. It tells a simple story straightforwardly and, except for the opening sequence and the very last shot, it all took…

• Bob Hovey

★★★★ Watched by Bob Hovey 14 Sep, 2014

A physical altercation between two eleven year old boys brings their parents together to discuss the situation... a meeting that rapidly degenerates into a verbal free-for-all in which all personalities are laid bare. Both funny and emotionally jarring, it's only real flaw is that it feels a bit confined (probably due to it's stage play roots), but still is effective owing mostly to four amazing acting performances and deft but restrained direction.

• John Connor

★★★ Watched by John Connor 05 Mar, 2012

Though supremely entertaining, even hilarious in parts, this stagy little film is terminally unambitious. Nothing about it is executed with anything less then perfect grace --- Polanski and all the actors are on top of their game --- but it's done in service of a film that's nothing more than a diverting amusement. It succeeds perfectly on its own terms, I just didn't like the terms: I go to movies to be moved, and Carnage wasn't interested in trying to make me feel anything at all.

• Aracno

★★★★ Watched by Aracno 07 Sep, 2014

Carnage is the definition of awkward.

Polanski’s Carnage unfolds within the walls of a bohemian apartment, where we witness a polite discussion between two pairs of upper-middle-class Brooklyn parents escalate into a verbal warfare- it’s stiff, talky, and airless. The initially cordial conversation becomes increasingly contentious and, once alcohol is added to the mix, inhibitions fall away and fractures in both marriages are exposed.

In the beginning, the film's about two couples, at the end of it, it's about four…

• Gabriel Cebrián

★★★★★ Watched by Gabriel Cebrián 07 Sep, 2014

Obra maestra. No hay mas que decir.

• Hernameistia

Watched by Hernameistia 04 Sep, 2014

What a strange yet funny movie.

• Satvrnino

★★★ Added by Satvrnino

‘’ I believe in the God of Carnage, the god who’s been unchallenged since the begining of time..’’

De nuevo es la naturaleza humana llevada al límite objeto de estudio por parte de Roman Polanski en su más reciente film titulado ‘’Carnage’’, basado en la obra teatral ‘’Le Dieu du Carnage’’ (‘’El Dios Salvaje'') de Yasmina Reza.

Cuando la empatía y la cortesía colapsan y el infierno se desata dentro de cuatro paredes, es precisamente esa ausencia del dios misericordioso…

• Frederic Da

★★½ Watched by Frederic Da 29 Aug, 2014

Meh

• Gonçalo

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 28 Aug, 2014

The film tries to reach heavy themes: sometimes successfully, other times not so much. In a fantastic cast Jodie Foster is the MVP.

• dr_exploitation

★★★★ Watched by dr_exploitation 30 Dec, 2011

Zon Lusomundo Dolce Vitta
    Price: 4€80

• smk

★★½ Watched by smk 26 Aug, 2014

Very good actors. The casting though is not working.
    A bad "Whos afraid of Virgina Woolf"-wannabee.
    And a very well played simple story.
    The Cowans should have gone in the tenth minute.