• Omar Arteaga

★★★½ Watched by Omar Arteaga 09 Jun, 2015

Carnage es una sencilla demostración actoral en una sola locación; no le tenía muchas expectativas pero cuando incluso el aporte de Reilly es sobresaliente algo está pasando.

El diálogo lo es todo y cada uno parece entender a la perfección el rol en la bomba que van armando para el clímax mientras exponen sus particulares defensas. El gran pero que le pongo es a la genial composición de Desplat solo usada en el inicio y final.

"I believe in the god of carnage. The god whose rule's been unchallenged since time immemorial."

• alexbhades

★★★ Watched by alexbhades 31 Mar, 2012

En principio la formula es: Un buen director + un buen guión + unos buenos actores = 1 buena película.
    Yo no lo voy a contradecir basandome en esta película y ademas teniendo debilidad por Polanski... Pero Un dios salvaje me deja ese amargor en el estomago de que he ido al cine a ver una obra de teatro y que para ver una obra de teatro mejor vamos al teatro.

• LoveofCelluloid

★★★½ Watched by LoveofCelluloid 12 Mar, 2014

A simple, one-act play turned into an entertaining dark comedy...

Full review located at:
    fortheloveofcelluloid.com/2014/03/13/carnage-2011/

• M Kitchell

★★½ Watched by M Kitchell 15 Jan, 2012

I remember little to nothing of this movie, but I remember the exact circumstance I saw it under: I was working at the movie theater that was showing the film (a Landmark), and I was going to see this movie as soon as my shift got over (which, coincidentally, was like at the exact same moment this movie was starting). I was working the concession stand, anxious for my shift to end, when JASON BRANCH walks up and orders popcorn…

• mfulton

★★★★½ Added by mfulton

A-

• sinefil

★★★★★ Added by sinefil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Mükemmel bir film.

Kavga eden çocukları için bir araya gelen iki çift, medeni aileler gibi davranmaya çalışırken, sonunda birbirlerine girerler.

Filmin sonunda, jenerik girmeden hemen önce, bütün film boyunca kavga nedeni olan iki çocuğun birbiriyle barışık bir vaziyette sokakta oyun oynadığını görürüz. Ayrıca yine bütün film boyunca gerginlik nedeni olan "sokağa bırakılan hamster"ın sokakta çok mutlu olduğunu görürüz.

Ailelerin bir araya gelip de yaptıkları tüm kavganın anlamsız olduğunu kanıtlayan bu iki görüntünün ardından jenerik girer.

• dㅌㄴ

★★★★★ Rewatched by dㅌㄴ 12 Jul, 2015

If you're thinking about getting married, watch this film and then rip off your dick and throw it to the snapping turtles.

• Ricardo Claudino

★★★ Watched by Ricardo Claudino 11 Jul, 2015

It starts well, but, after a while, gets really boring..

• Para136

★★★★½ Watched by Para136 10 Jul, 2015

Sehr gut gespielt, Waltz ist genial. Leider viel zu kurz und ohne richtiges Finale. Das muss man sich selbst denken.

• John

★★★½ Watched by John 07 Jul, 2015

This film is so deliciously uncomfortable, I loved it. John C Reilly is so good, it's insane. The way he plays the "fool who is trying to keep up with the highfalutin counterparts" is so perfect. Then the downward spiral of each of the 4 actors expressing who they truly are was so good. I think the film ran a little long, or could have been paced better. You can tell it is definitely based on a play, but the staging is still good as they move about the one setting (the apartment). Definitely worth a watch.

• Liam Dempsey

★★★ Watched by Liam Dempsey 05 Jul, 2015

A smartly written and amusing satire of the middle class with fine performances from all that seems to be building to an explosive climax then unfortunately sputters out just as things are getting really interesting. The film betrays its theatrical origins and probably worked better on the stage but is pleasant company for its running time.

• wildlark

★★★½ Watched by wildlark 28 Jun, 2015 3

Oh, Roman Polanski. My love for your films is the only thing stronger than my hatred for you as a human being.

It's such an appropriate directorial choice for an adaptation of God of Carnage, a play that left my Playwriting 101 class speechless because how do you even begin to dissect a story about adults bickering like children for 80 minutes? Very much in-line with American Beauty in its look at affluent white American life falling apart at the…