• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Carnage
    Dir: Roman Polanski

Carnage is a sweet comedy-drama film, what actually keeps me entertained while watching this film, is the pace of the film which goes throughout the film at the rate of frustration felt by each character in the film. It is sweet to see two couples going against each other, and most of the time defending one another, with humor and hilarious scenes, like throwing of a cell phone in the water. Roman Polanski is totally a genius person, to utilize the atmosphere of plot into both murky and enjoying.

• Michael Williams

★★★★ Watched by Michael Williams 15 Nov, 2014

Fucking brilliant

• JC13

★★★★ Rewatched by JC13 06 Nov, 2014

"I believe in the god of carnage. The god whose rule's been unchallenged since time immemorial."- Alan Cowan

Roman Polanski's Carnage seems to be a very divisive film. I've heard many people call it boring, but some people love it. I fall in the latter category. I had seen this film once before and it held up wonderfully on rewatch. The film concerns two sets of parents who hold a meeting after a quarrel between their sons. The meeting never…

• Ghasem Najjary

★★★ Watched by Ghasem Najjary 07 Nov, 2014

That fake Winslet.

• allflicker

★★ Added by allflicker

Four of the best actors working in film today. One of the most acclaimed and talked about modern plays straight off Broadway. And Roman Polanski at the helm.

Why wasn't Carnage a more engrossing experience? These things are sometimes unexplainable, Polanski has proved adept before at transplanting theater to film. Maybe he picked the wrong play and this sorta thing wouldn't have made a good movie in anyone's hands but that doesn't change the fact that watching this movie is a depressing and exhaustive experience.

• Bouillotte

★★★★ Watched by Bouillotte 07 Nov, 2014

That fucking hamster man.

• Kyle Grimes

★★ Added by Kyle Grimes

A movie should have some entertainment value. I couldn't find any here. Good performances and a decent script. Basically two sets of parents are meeting to discuss a dispute between their sons. Christoph Waltz and Kate Winslet, visit John C Reilly and Jody Foster's apartment. But one of the worst aspects was how they just kept getting drawn back into the apartment. If they wanted to leave they could have so many times. There's nothing really intriguing here, especially as the film progresses to a point where you wonder what they're even rambling about. Would work better as a short play, not a movie.

• Thorkell August Ottarsson

★★★½ Watched by Thorkell August Ottarsson 06 Nov, 2014

A boy hits another boy and the parents come together to iron out the issue. What starts as a civilized meeting turns into a battle of... well almost everything. Let's just say we get to know these people better than they would have wanted us to.

Carnage was way more fun than I had suspected. I remember it getting lukewarm reviews when it came out so I kept putting it off. People complained about it not being funny and that…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Carnage
    Dir: Roman Polanski

• CBM

★★★★★ Rewatched by CBM 31 Oct, 2014

Smart, dramatic and melancholic comedy! A small cast, with amazing actors. Simply brilliant and one of a kind!

• pillole di cinema

★★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 09 Oct, 2014

Gli attori in stato di grazia di Carnage pestano l'ipocrisia borghese finché non si svela. Tutto risaputo, eppure si pende dalle sue labbra.

• Henrik Schunk

★★★★ Added by Henrik Schunk

A poignant and witty play-turned-film with a stellar cast, straightforward, yet appropriate direction. There is not really much of a conclusion the the film which might put some people off - but as a philosophical statement on the human condition in general and specifially in our time, it is quite the treat. Funny, yet with a seriously anarchic and dystopian undertone. Waltz steals the show (as always), while Jodie Foster seems a tad wooden. All in all, a must see