• pillole di cinema

★★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 09 Oct, 2014

Gli attori in stato di grazia di Carnage pestano l'ipocrisia borghese finché non si svela. Tutto risaputo, eppure si pende dalle sue labbra.

• Henrik Schunk

★★★★ Added by Henrik Schunk

A poignant and witty play-turned-film with a stellar cast, straightforward, yet appropriate direction. There is not really much of a conclusion the the film which might put some people off - but as a philosophical statement on the human condition in general and specifially in our time, it is quite the treat. Funny, yet with a seriously anarchic and dystopian undertone. Waltz steals the show (as always), while Jodie Foster seems a tad wooden. All in all, a must see

• Michael

★★★ Watched by Michael 19 Jan, 2012

The performances make the movie. Every one of these fine actors gets a lot to work with and gets to display their chops in both restrained and subtle acting and bursts of emotive excess. They're fun to watch as are the shifting alliances and sympathies. There's a lot of humor and occasional not-to-completely-obvious insights. The film eventually adds liquor and then too rapidly accelerates the stripping off of polite veneers until abruptly cutting away at an only moderately sensible point in the story to announce the end of the movie. But it's fun while it lasts.

• BazbauersT

★★★½ Added by BazbauersT

SIMPLE FUN COMFY FILM

• Éloïse Thompson

★★★½ Watched by Éloïse Thompson 18 Oct, 2014

This is ridiculously funny with just the perfect amount of philosophy. They're all extremely funny in their hysterical patterns.
    I secretly hope this kind of encounter will happen to me someday.

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 10 Jan, 2012

Rating: B-

• Windyblue

Added by Windyblue

BOYCOTT
    Roman Polanski drugs and rapes children

• Kat Moir

★★★½ Rewatched by Kat Moir 28 Sep, 2014

Carnage is a brilliant stage adaptation that accurately shows people cracking under pressure and the gradual decline from civilised and polite, to immature and colliding with each other. It shows the importance people put on material possessions, meaningless chatter and social status.

Four outstanding performances, but overall probably better suited to the stage.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Dec, 2011

I wasn't expecting a masterpiece and I didn't get one. I was expecting a good film and I got something more than that.

This film was highlighted by a wonderful cast which consisted of four well-known actors: Jodie Foster, John C. Reilly, Kate Winslet, and Christoph Waltz. Each one of them played his/her character masterfully in this deliciously strange dramedy. It tells a simple story straightforwardly and, except for the opening sequence and the very last shot, it all took…

• Bob Hovey

★★★★ Watched by Bob Hovey 14 Sep, 2014

A physical altercation between two eleven year old boys brings their parents together to discuss the situation... a meeting that rapidly degenerates into a verbal free-for-all in which all personalities are laid bare. Both funny and emotionally jarring, it's only real flaw is that it feels a bit confined (probably due to it's stage play roots), but still is effective owing mostly to four amazing acting performances and deft but restrained direction.

• John Connor

★★★ Watched by John Connor 05 Mar, 2012

Though supremely entertaining, even hilarious in parts, this stagy little film is terminally unambitious. Nothing about it is executed with anything less then perfect grace --- Polanski and all the actors are on top of their game --- but it's done in service of a film that's nothing more than a diverting amusement. It succeeds perfectly on its own terms, I just didn't like the terms: I go to movies to be moved, and Carnage wasn't interested in trying to make me feel anything at all.