• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

There is good action, and it's the best James Bond movie I've seen.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

The perfect way to reboot the franchise, and proof that just because a film isn't the original, that doesn't mean it can't be the best. "Skyfall" would later go even further with that theory.

• Kento

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kento 25 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

On this week's episode of The Canon they finally brought Bond to the most hectic way possible. Is Casino Royale the greatest 007 outing in cinema history? Most would say that honor goes to a film like Goldfinger, and a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings might say Goldeneye, nostalgic for their first Bond... But Casino Royale?

The reboot that finally made Bond a character, showed us why he's so broken and took the hero back to his gadgetless roots…

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★½ Added by Jamie Rogers

This isn't just your usual action fare, nor the average Bond movie; It's a much more developed, darker Bond, a great movie for all Bond fans, and all moviegoers.

• ellie

★★★★★ Added by ellie

fuck you all this film is a masterpiece of our generation

• Philipwoolridge

★★★ Rewatched by Philipwoolridge 20 Mar, 2015

This has got some cheesy exposition.

• Cactus Matt

★★★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

A reinvention of a classic formula that exceeds and perfects it in every way, immaculate action, dazzling dialogue and sublime performances all add up to the perfect James Bond adventure.

• John Roberts

★★★ Added by John Roberts

A great movie, not a great Bond movie.

• trevor taylor

★★★★½ Watched by trevor taylor 24 Feb, 2007

Exactly what was needed a fresh look at the franchise and it went off with a bang

• Paul Robinson

★★★½ Rewatched by Paul Robinson 14 Mar, 2015

Venice Related Film Trilogy - Film No. 2 - Casino Royale.

A grittier more authentic spy film. Darker, more dangerous and darn exciting. Put the oomph back into the Bond franchise.

• Obistrike

★★★★½ Rewatched by Obistrike 13 Mar, 2015

Harder, colder and blonder Martins Campbell's Bond reboot takes the franchise along a far more modern, believable and interesting path than the Brosnan years. While I seem to remember thinking the same thing about Goldeneye, Famke Janssen's thighs may have clouded my youthful judgment.

There is however, no doubt that Casino Royal is a beast of an action movie. Fast paced and totally gripping with a revelatory performance from the usually dull Daniel Craig who gives England a 007 it…

• James S

★★★★ Rewatched by James S 13 Mar, 2015

Probably my favourite of the modern-era Bond films. I've seen this probably four times now and it still feels fresh.

The only ever-so-slight downside really is the fact that Bond is now semi-invincible. I know they wanted the Daniel Craig's Bond to be serious and badass but he almost comes off like Rambo at times.

Again, a very minor complaint for one of the best Bond films made thus far.