• Michael Waller

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Waller 19 Jul, 2014

The James Bond franchise gets rebooted in Casino Royale. It's Ian Fleming's first James Bond novel. It's also James Bond's first adventure as a Double 0 secret agent. Casino Royale is a return to basics film. Daniel Craig is young. His body is hard. Jokes are definitely out. Torture is in. A high roller poker game takes up a great deal of screen time. Boredom could result, but it doesn't. Exciting things happen during the game breaks, including Bond reviving…

• Dave Vis

Villain: ★★★½

Overall score: 8

• Massafaka

★★★★ Watched by Massafaka 07 Dec, 2007

Mal kein typischer Bond, aber dafür sicher einer der besten und v.a. realistischten. Hoffentlich kann man diesen Film als Neubeginn der Serie sehen!

• marlasinger1

★★★★★ Rewatched by marlasinger1 07 Jan, 2014

Im Nachhinein ist es doch witzig, wie Daniel Craig im Vorfeld von den Medien und den Bond-Fans kleingeredet wurde. Und dann spielt er zusammen mit Mikkelsen mal ganz locker aus der Hüfte alles an die Wand.

• Wahooanon

★★★★½ Added by Wahooanon

A perfect reboot of Bond or the new generation. Craig's grittiness resonates perfectly with society today. The slow burning plot is a welcome change in an era where over the top action has dominated.

• James Callahan

★★★★½ Rewatched by James Callahan 18 Jul, 2014

Almost eight years on, Casino Royale is essentially the template for how to reboot a franchise the right way, offering a fresh and invigorating take on the Bond franchise. After reaching new levels of embarrassment with the late period Roger Moore entries, and a lull during the Dalton/Brosnan era, agent 007 was in desperate need of a makeover. From the opening scene, new Bond recruit Daniel Craig proves the man for the job. Craig superbly reimagines the character with a show of respect for the icon’s legacy, while simultaneously offering a refreshingly modern spin on the classic secret service agent.

• Carl Timms

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carl Timms 26 Jun, 2014

One of only three Bonds I'd give five stars to, this second viewing was even better than the first. Incredible vibrant action scenes, a strong central relationship that actually goes somewhere and Craig just walking it as Bond, Martin Campbell's second stab at Bond is every bit the opposite of his other classic Bond, Goldeneye, which was much more in the traditional vein.

Bond needed this and with Skyfall possibly even bettering it, Bond's in the best health he's been in for decades (we'll ignore Quantum of Solace being a mega turd in that statement!)

• NervousRex

★★★★ Rewatched by NervousRex 18 Jul, 2014

Armed with a license to kill, secret agent James Bond sets out on his first mission as 007 and must defeat a weapons dealer in a high stakes game of poker at Casino Royale, but things are not what they seem.

• Elliot

★★★★ Watched by Elliot 17 Jul, 2014

Daniel Craig's first foray into the world of 007 was a highly successful one, in my opinion. Where his predecessor, Brosnan, portrayed Bond as more of a sleek and suave type, Craig's 007 is roguish, rough and blunt-edged. And it totally worked, silencing many a naysayer from when Craig was initially cast. In Casino Royale, Bond is the most 'human' the character has been since Connery, or, arguably, ever.

• JC13

★★★★½ Rewatched by JC13 08 Jun, 2014 5

Dryden: "How did he die?"

James Bond: "Your contact? Not well."

Dryden: "Made you feel it, did he? Well, you needn't worry. The second is..."

[Bond shoots Dryden]

James Bond: "Yes... considerably."

My dad is a big James Bond fan so naturally as his son, I grew up watching the films. Every summer, my brother, my dad and I would watch James Bond films together and it was awesome. When I was you get I didn't understand all the little…

• jairus1

★★★★½ Added by jairus1

This movie fits into the Bond universe like Daniel Craig fits into a suit. And goddamn can Daniel Craig pull off a suit.

• whiteoftheye

Watched by whiteoftheye 28 Mar, 2014

I'm telling you, if this isn't a James Bond film then James Bond doesn't exist. Daniel Craig has undeniable charisma in the signature role.