• Danillo Bragança

Added by JohnAllegretti

DVD

• sschuster

★★★★★ Watched by sschuster 26 Nov, 2006

A triumphant show of everything Bond is capable of being after decades of campiness.

• ericmarsh

★★★★★ Rewatched by ericmarsh 19 Apr, 2015 1

Chris Cornell hits you in the guts with one of the best Bond themes ever, and then Daniel Craig beats the living shit out of what's left of you in the greatest opening sequence in Bonds illustrious history...

... it's just fucking excellence all the way through. This IS Bond.

You know his name, now why the fuck would you go anywhere else??? .......

• Ryley Mann

★★★★★ Watched by Ryley Mann 18 Apr, 2015

One of the best bond movies and reboots ever made.

• soupydoupyy

★★★★★ Rewatched by soupydoupyy 13 Apr, 2015

After reading the novel Casino Royale a while back (a bit disappointing, as Bond comes off more as a wine enthusiast who happens to kill a guy during a game of poker) I wanted to rewatch the movie to see how it is as an adaptation. It changes quite a bit obviously thought they still keep some throwbacks to the novel (the line "The bitch is dead" is what the novel ends on) that make it feel like a thorough…

• bastien03r5

★★★★ Added by bastien03r5

Les parties sont un peu longues mais quel James Bond ! Très bon lui aussi !!

• Mr_Moore

★★★★★ Added by Mr_Moore

Introduction

Finally a review that has be long over due for me to do, as I do have a lot to say about this movie. I am planning on reviewing all 3 of the Daniel Craig Bond films down the road, I felt like I can bring something new to each of them and give out a full in-depth review for each of them.

So after the laughably bad previous Bond film known as Die Another Day, that received critical…

• Spencer Seams

★★★½ Watched by Spencer Seams 11 Apr, 2015

Better than I remember but it's just too serious-minded and humorless for me to love.

• Reece Leonard

★★★★★ Added by Reece Leonard

Possibly the best of the Bond films, "Casino Royale" gave the series a tonal make-over, injecting modern style, intelligence and real emotion into a lagging franchise. Green elevates the role of the Bond girl with wit and charm and Craig begins his venture into becoming, arguably, the best Bond ever.

• ben_halford

★★★★ Rewatched by ben_halford 08 Apr, 2015

After the disappointing Die Another Day (2002), James Bond returned four years later in the re-vamped form of Daniel Craig and adopting a more serious and realistic approach in adapting Ian Fleming's first novel, where Bond must win a high-stakes poker game in order to defeat the financeer of a criminal organisation. The slower pace and sombre attitude may not to be everyone's taste, but the film devotes more time than most of its brothers in exploring character, amidst a beautiful aesthetic and still the occasional mind-blowing action sequence for good measure

• Joshua David

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua David 31 Mar, 2015

The best of the Daniel Craig Bonds, which I think are the best films in the series, if not the best "Bond films".