• Krunić

★★★★ Rewatched by Krunić 22 May, 2015

When I first saw CASINO ROYALE I laughed at the Czech locations dubbing for Montenegro and cringed at everything else. I thought it was boring and didn't understand what director Martin Campbell tried to achieve. But after almost a decade I sat and watched it again and liked it. Really, really liked it. I understood that the things that I disliked were mostly because when I saw it I wanted just another Connery-Bond movie, after all of those Brosnan flops. CASINO ROYALE has its flaws and drags a bit here and there but overall is an excellent picture. And a fine reborn of a franchise.

• Treefingrs

★★★★ Added by Treefingrs

Updating Bond for a modern generation, taking a leaf from the Bourne films. Great action flick, and Daniel Craig's best.

• Tim Kunz

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tim Kunz 17 May, 2015 2

I always forget how good this is. I also forget the length... but, those icy blue eyes. Woof.

• kseuferer12

★★★★ Watched by kseuferer12 17 May, 2015

"Mission Impossible II" meets "21", but with James Bond. So a James Bond movie...

• mette

★★ Rewatched by mette 17 May, 2015

This feels like a pretentious attempt to renew Bond and although I like bits and pieces, I'm disappointed.
    I don't like Eva Green in general, but particularly not in this movie (not sure if it's her or the role she plays).

• Tom Ward

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tom Ward 16 May, 2015

One of my favourite Bond films. A great start to Craig's tenure and Mads Mikkelsen is suitably creepy and divine as the baddie. A tad overlong but just about as good as they come.

• Paul Docherty

★★★ Rewatched by Paul Docherty 04 May, 2015

It's two movies - the first, based on the original book, is really excellent, then suddenly it becomes this other, dull, incomprehensible movie involving some kind of financial fraud and a sinking building in Venice. For all the joys of the first hour, the movie ultimately devolves into a disappointing mess.

• Alexandru Crețu

★★★ Added by Alexandru Crețu

Mathis' lines during the poker game almost made me puke.

• Carter

★★★★ Rewatched by Carter 02 May, 2015

What feels right: Nearly everything, from Martin Campbell's direction to Daniel Craig's new, heavy-hitting Bond. B&W pre-title FTW. Cool title sequence and song. Eva Green. Mads Mikkelsen. No gadgets? Don't care. Throwback Aston Martin. Felix Leiter.

What doesn't feel right: The same M and a new. new Bond who just received his 00 status. Two vodka martini quips? The Vesper recipe bit is straight from the novel and works like gangbusters. The "Does it look like I give a damn?"…

• Markoz

★★★★ Added by Markoz

The best movie of James Bond.

• JaySalahi

★★★★ Rewatched by JaySalahi 28 Apr, 2015

B+ (89)

• •antivist•

★★★★½ Rewatched by •antivist• 31 Mar, 2015

Casino Royale did for Bond what no other film in the franchise has done. It completely gave the franchise a new makeover, some say for the worst, but the majority say for the better and I’m definitely inclined to agree. For me 2002’s Die Another Day left the franchise in its worse state yet and to carry on the franchise as we knew it then would have most likely killed it. But mercifully the producers decided to go down the…