• Abdullah Muhana

★★★ Added by Abdullah Muhana

You know james and his movies

• Joey

★★★★ Added by Joey

The birth of MY Bond. (Yeah, I grew up during the Pierce Brosnan era, and even enjoyed a few of his movies, but Daniel Craig made me actually care about the character.)

A wonderful update to the franchise, with wit, humor, and class. I only wish they'd left some of the cheesier throwback elements of the character's romantic style on the cutting room floor.

• shakthi

★★★½ Watched by shakthi 07 Jul, 2012

I love the stunts and story line of this movie.. Interesting..

• Patrick Matte

★★★★★ Watched by Patrick Matte 22 Nov, 2014

I'm almost done watching all James Bond movies in chronological order. Casino Royal is one of the best, if not the best of the serie.

• Scott Reynolds

★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Reynolds 22 Nov, 2014

A down and dirty reboot of James Bond that works. This Bond is a sociopath -- much like a return to the form of Bond that Sean Connery used to be. He's an opportunist, conscienceless (mostly) and violent as all get out.

The action scenes are breathtaking. Switching to Texas Hold 'em was good too. IN the original bond films, I have no idea what game he's playing. At least with this, I understood what was going on.

Mads Mikkelson as Le Chiffre was an inspired bit of casting.

• William Tallman

★★★★★ Rewatched by William Tallman 23 Nov, 2014

CASINO ROYALE is not just my favorite 007 film up to date, it’s one of my favorite action films of all time. Phenomenal set pieces, incredible action scenes, brilliant direction, a great story, and Daniel Craig’s excellent portrayal of James Bond are everything to bring out this film’s fantastic quality. Sean Connery’s years are definitely iconic, but this is exactly how I picture a Bond movie to be like.

• Liam Best

★★★★ Rewatched by Liam Best 22 Nov, 2014

'Sometimes we pay so much attention to our enemies, we forget to watch our friends as well.'

A solid espionage thriller, definitely with enough twists, turns and action to keep you entertained for the length of the film. Good performances from Green and Craig, establishing this film as a great return to form for the Bond franchise. The villain (played by Mads Mikkelsen) was both believable and sinister, while not taking too much focus away from Craig while he establishes…

• JM

Rewatched by JM 16 Nov, 2014

Just rewatching it because of Mikkelsen reasons

• Aljosa

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aljosa 16 Nov, 2014 1

THIS FILM IS SO FUCKING GOOD

• Tristiac

★★★★ Rewatched by Tristiac 15 Nov, 2014

Even with all the poker and an ineffectual villain, this is the best Bond film.

• FilmApe

★★★★½ Rewatched by FilmApe 15 Nov, 2014 3

The best thing about the Bond films is that I generally don't retain information about their plots, and even some of the set pieces get forgotten. Thus, each watch is kind of like a first time watch. Eventhough I've seen this Bond flick at least five times, and I rewatched it even less than a year ago, it was still like going in fresh. I must say that the film played better for me today than it ever has previously, and that makes me happy.

• Eclectic Cinephile

★★★★★ Watched by Eclectic Cinephile 14 Nov, 2014

Casino Royale, Martin Campbell's 2006 entry into the Bond franchise, stunned me. It's one of the best Bond films ever, it's the quintessential Bond origin story, and it's a very great film that succeeds not only as a Bond film but as a film, period (not to say that movies like Goldfinger, From Russia with Love, Dr. No, or Goldeneye were bad films; in fact, they were great entertainment in their own right). It's just that Martin Campbell's assured direction…