• Jacob Kyon

★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Kyon 18 Dec, 2014

Despite a few minor plot-holes, it's a great gritty reboot to the Bond franchise.

It's always bothered me when many Bond movies didn't offer much character development (aside from Brosnan and Dalton's Bond, and maybe that Moore movie about the death of his newly wedded wife), so it's really a breath of fresh air when Martin Campbell decided to give a "Batman Begins" treatment for James Bond.

• Selmara

★★★ Added by Selmara

μόνο Mads.

• Anton Williams

★★★½ Added by Anton Williams

A highly entertaining 2/3. The last act seems entirely rushed and the development of the characters went to pot. Craig is still a great Bond.

• Reed Gill

★★★★★ Added by Reed Gill

I went and saw this in theatres when it came out with my Mom and brother. It's a great memory, but like Captain Miller I save it just for me. Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Connery (but he needs a bit more humour for God's sake).
    This movie took me totally by surprise when I first saw it. I grew up watching and loving 007 and what I was expecting was not this. This was something totally new. Something infinitely more badass (than Pierce Brosnan at least). I was amazed.

• Harry Robertson

★★★½ Added by Harry Robertson

Turns Bond into Bourne. This is not necessarily a bad thing, of course.

• Charlie Derry

★★★★½ Watched by Charlie Derry 12 Dec, 2014

This is the first James Bond film that I've enjoyed without any complaint. As Daniel Craig's first film in the role, he certainly set his own standards high, giving us something to look forward to for future releases. I don't particularly like Eva Green but I loved her chemistry with Craig here, and Mads Mikkelsen is the perfect Bond villain. I feel that the story drags quite a lot towards the end, but I really like how it plays out at the same time.

• Phil Clayton

★★★★½ Watched by Phil Clayton 13 Dec, 2014

My favourite Bond film featuring what feels like a fresh, modern, more grown up, clinical, brutal and real Bond, with classic one-liners thrown in there along with hot women, fast cars, sharp dressers, bad guys, fights, explosions, chases, gadgets which are of course mandatory.

This goes far beyond traditional Bond films we've been used to though. Here we get a sneak peak into how the legend was formed. A glimpse into Bond's soul if you will. His true love is…

• Ayden

★★★½ Watched by Ayden 13 Dec, 2014 2

Maybe I would understand where people are coming from if I'd have seen more 007 films, but I don't know why people are disapproving of Daniel Craig as James Bond. He's charismatic and authentic, and when coupled with beautiful women like Eva Green (and in Skyfall's case, Naomie Harris), plus stylish direction from Martin Campbell, you won't hear any complaints from me. Although the film does get weary with its somewhat predictable plot and sappy, unnecessary romance.

Oh, and that torture scene? That was harder to watch than anything I've seen in a Saw movie.

• CinemaClown

★★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 12 Dec, 2014 34

Truth be told, the only James Bond movies that I've seen in full are the ones starring Daniel Craig in the iconic role. Confession be made, I have no interest at all in checking out the previous instalments of this franchise for whatever bits n pieces I've seen of earlier chapters never intrigued me enough to sit through all of it. And since this film takes the series back to its origin, I don't see any need to give those…

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 10 Dec, 2006

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Luke Lawrence

★★★★½ Rewatched by Luke Lawrence 07 Dec, 2014

my favorite bond, i don't care what you say

• AlvaroMortem

Watched by AlvaroMortem 05 Dec, 2014

James Bond, en tanto mito, necesita reinventarse en cada nueva iteración que protagoniza. El problema de su regreso en Casino Royale es que se acaba perdiendo en su propia concepción: si el primer tercio respira un brillante componente pulp de las historias de espías a través de la acción y la socarronería, el segundo tercio se define a través de su reinterpretación de la psicología perfecta del héroe. Respira heroísmo y perfección por todos sus poros. Y aquí empiezan los…