• Barrie Lake

★★★ Rewatched by Barrie Lake 01 Aug, 2015

Film #1 of The August Scavenger Hunt
    A film featuring gambling
    ______________________________________________

Casino Royale is one of the better film franchise reboots of the last decade. I still remember my initial trepidation when I heard that Daniel Craig would be taking on the iconic role. But after seeing Casino Royale and the Bond films which followed it, I think the casting choice was excellent. Craig portrays a perfect mix of ruggedness and charm, introducing us to a new Bond: one…

• Emile2003

★★★★½ Added by Emile2003

Fantastic film,good acting and enough violence.

• kielix

★★★★ Rewatched by kielix 31 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I think the poker scenes are a little long and slow the movie down in the middle, but there are some beautiful touches in this movie. From the parkour scene, to the scene in M's home, to the banter between Vesper and Bond on the train, to the final scene on the steps when they finally break out the Bond theme.

The performances of Eva Green and Judi Dench are also stand-out. Vesper is one of the the very best Bond girls.

One other small thing does count against it: it really is a forgettable Bond song.

• mangollaz

★★★★ Watched by mangollaz 29 Jul, 2015

az első üldözés gyönyörű parkour, eva green csodás, és mindenki tud játszani! magát jb karakterét kevéssé fejtik ki

• mfulton

★★ Added by mfulton

C

• cerpts

★★★★ Rewatched by cerpts 26 Jul, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film # 7 of the "Scavenger Hunt #4" Challenge!
    Task #7 : Film that features Parkour! (Running in any environment but typically in an urban environment, where obstacles are easily cleared by acrobatic movements, jumping, and climbing etc)
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-4/
    letterboxd.com/cerpts/list/scavenger-hunt-4/)
    ___________________________________________________________
    After too many years of a "meh" James Bond franchise, the B&W pre-credit sequence of CASINO ROYALE announces to the world that they've finally gotten it right. Pierce Brosnan & Timothy Dalton were definitely Roger Moore "types" (and don't…

• Santiago Morales

★★★★★ Rewatched by Santiago Morales 25 Jul, 2015

Cuando lo peor de una película es que los créditos finales no están a la altura, sabes que estás ante algo grande.

La primera vez que la vi, entre la mierda de edición DVD y que me moría de sueño, no la disfruté casi. La segunda (documentada por aquí) me di cuenta de lo que me había perdido, estaba ante algo gigante. La tercera, tras verme unas pocas de las clásicas (estoy viendo la saga por primera vez desde Dr…

• Travis McClain

★★★★½ Rewatched by Travis McClain 24 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Now that I've finished my audit of my DVD and Blu-ray Disc library, I'm free to go back and revisit things instead of restricting myself to just the things I hadn't yet logged a viewing of since I began tracking that data. At the top of my list of things I want to go back to are these first three Bond movies starring Daniel Craig - an interest that has certainly been stoked each time something new from the forthcoming…

• Jon Forrest Allan

★★★½ Watched by Jon Forrest Allan 23 Jul, 2015

The name's Products, Sony Products.

• Matthew Beem

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Beem 17 Jul, 2015

78/100

Only James Bond could fall head over heels in love with Eva Green to the point were he resigns from Mi6.

• fluxidear

★★★★★ Rewatched by fluxidear 22 Jul, 2015

You know his name.

• HouseHaze

★★★½ Watched by HouseHaze 20 Jul, 2015

My first bond movie and certainly not my last.

00/7