• whynotanna

★★★★★ Rewatched by whynotanna 03 May, 2016

still my favorite of the Craig Bonds.

• The Movie King

★★★★½ Rewatched by The Movie King 03 May, 2016

Film #3 of my May 2016 Scavenger Hunt
    Task #15: A 007 movie starring Daniel Craig (#1)
    letterboxd.com/martinjacob49/list/the-movie-kings-may-2016-challenge/

Let me just say it. The Pierce Brosnan movies are all a freakin joke, especially after the insultingly ludicrous and lazy bar that Die Another Day left behind (good gosh I still cannot fathom why that tsunami surfing scene even existed). Even GoldenEye sucked, and it was directed by the supposed genius Martin Campbell. Well anyway, The Bourne Identity came out the…

• Tyler Hillis

★★★★ Rewatched by Tyler Hillis 26 Apr, 2016

While my most recent viewing may not have been the most coherent (drank a bottle of wine during it) I have seen this movie enough times to know how I feel about it. Of the four Craig-era bond movies, this is tied with Skyfall as the best. And while I did not dislike Quantum of Solace and Spectre as much as the mainstream audience did, they cannot hold a candle to the others.

Casino Royale came out when I was…

• Kenneth Morefield

★★★ Rewatched by Kenneth Morefield 02 May, 2016

Seems like every time I watch this, it goes down a half star. Does any Bond movie hold up to multiple viewings?

• Randall West

★★★½ Rewatched by Randall West 31 Jan, 2016

66/100

• Isabelle Brandelero

★★★★½ Added by Isabelle Brandelero

MUITO BOM!!! bom mesmo esse. gostei de verdade. nao to mentindo.

• Patrick Holmes

★★★★½ Added by Patrick Holmes

The 21st film in the James Bond series, which is based off of the first Bond book written by Ian Fleming depicting Bond receiving his "Double 0" status and his official mission with it

• Sc8lo

★★★½ Watched by Sc8lo 19 Nov, 2006

Bond has gotten angrier. Which has resulted in him being badass. I initially thought Craig was a bad choice but he fits the role perfectly.

• Viktor Svensson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Viktor Svensson 25 Apr, 2016

Yes, considerably.

The best film of the Craig-era, and arguably the finest Bond-film of all time.

The action scenes are visceral and intense. Daniel Craig and particularly Eva Green deliver exceptional performances, and anchors a good and surprisingly poignant storyline.

I keep finding myself wishing that Bond could've lived happily ever after. I keep forgetting how sad the ending makes me feel. But Bond had to become Bond, I suppose.

• Caitlin Dawn

★★★★½ Rewatched by Caitlin Dawn 21 Apr, 2016

Rewatched this because my mother requested for it since she hasn't seen it yet. Ridiculous, I know. It's one of the must-watch Bond films and probably the best in the Daniel Craig era. It also has my favorite Bond girl, Vesper. Title sequence was good, but I'm not in love with it. I still prefer the Skyfall one.

• Liam G

★★★ Watched by Liam G 22 Apr, 2016

Casino Royale's more realistic take on the franchise fails to ground itself enough to create the compelling characters and romance that it evidently strives for. Often the action sequences feature a heavy handed score and an overabundance of quick cuts that fail to make the film as exciting as it could have been. Still, there remains a wholly competent and mostly entertaining narrative at the heart of Casino Royale.

• Leey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Leey 23 Apr, 2016

Strong contender for the greatest reboot of all time.