• MovieGuru

★★★★ Added by MovieGuru

The movie that announced Daniel Craig on the stage for me. Watched this many a time, sometimes involuntarily when this was that default movie that'd get played over at the end of term if the teacher was in a good mood.

It's edgy, refreshingly witty and most importantly not at all... Bond. There wasn't many gadgets as such. Or girl(s) besides Eva Green who does a wonderful job.

Best Bond film I've seen. Just edges Skyfall for me. Maybe that's because I've only watched the run of Skyfall twice and not half a dozen like this one which seems to get better everytime I watch it.

• Conan Tan

★★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 04 May, 2015

I like how they try to return back to the roots of James Bond with limited gadgets so as not to date the film with the exception of the mobile phones which looks so 2006. It somehow works as a great introduction to new moviegoers and a pleasant reintroduction to old fans.

• Barnaby Walter

★★★★ Rewatched by Barnaby Walter 06 Aug, 2015

Terrific. I'd forgotten how good Casino Royale actually is.

Viewed: Blu-ray. HD. 1080P.

• RIMovieCorner

★★★★★ Added by RIMovieCorner

After 'Die Another Day' was basically torn to shreds by Bond fans, producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli decided that they had to take the series in a new direction. So after acquiring the rights to Ian Fleming's first Bond novel, 'Casino Royale', in 1999, they began work on a film adaptation that would basically serve as a reboot of the Bond series while also opting for a grittier and darker style that was more in line with Fleming's novels…

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 12 Feb, 2011

A great Bond movie with plenty of action and a decent storyline.

• Jason Cregan

★★★★★ Added by Jason Cregan

Bond has never been so good.

Casino Royale seems to have been quickly forgotten in the months and years following 2012's Skyfall, which wasn't that great of a movie in my opinion.

CR is the best of Bond and nothing else comes close. The directing, acting, music and everything in between is just flawless.

Craig is fantastic and brings a new feel to the role that hasn't been seen before.

Eva Green is as good playing Vesper Lynd, the best Bond girl ever.

Mads Mikkelsen is a great villain too as Le Chiffre and his weeping eye still creeps me out.

Perfection. 5/5.

• Emmanuel Báez

★★★★ Rewatched by Emmanuel Báez 13 Aug, 2015

Proyecto "James Bond para mi novia".
    Nada como disfrutar una película a través de los ojos de alguien más, especialmente una de James Bond para alguien que nunca vio una sola de la saga. Es un intenso y brutal inicio para un personaje histórico que realmente necesitaba una revisión luego de la última tontería de Pierce Brosnan (para nada su culpa), y Daniel Craig le da en el clavo. Mi novia, quedó muy satisfecha.

• Armpit (aka Ingmar)

★★★★ Rewatched by Armpit (aka Ingmar) 23 Aug, 2015

Astounding that anyone can watch the torture scene and not concede that Craig is the best Bond.

• robthefilmgeek

★★★★ Added by robthefilmgeek

Any doubts whether Daniel Craig would be any good in the role of James Bond are actually quickly wiped out. Wiping away the memory of the previous few Bond films (Pierce Brosnan's efforts seemed to be getting worse and worse), it probably owes some debt to the likes of Bourne Identity in how Bond is tackled. Great film.

• ruizinhoandre

★★★★ Rewatched by ruizinhoandre 21 Aug, 2015

One of the best, if not the best Bond movie. On par with sean connery, Daniel Craig is one of my favourite Bond. His presence is great, the story is on par with that.

And Eva Mendes, what a woman, the perfect Bond girl.

• Will Fulford

★★★★ Watched by Will Fulford 19 Aug, 2015 1

A perfectly balanced Bond film. All the elements you expect in Bond, brilliantly executed, and done with a great sense of humour. This is classic Bond...

• Balibari

★★★★ Rewatched by Balibari 19 Aug, 2015

The confidence with which Craig goes about defining his version of Bond is the core of this latest cycle's success. The increased physicality is a given. But the way he maintains and balances Bond's qualities with his less charming traits (sexism, brutality, smugness) adds new dimensions to the character without compromising his base appeal.

The structure is a little odd and at times you sense director Martin Campbell is straining against the limits of his own creativity. But neither is a real problem and everything else, particularly the cinematography, score and performances, is top notch.