• Ross Hamilton

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ross Hamilton 27 Nov, 2015

Still the best Craig Bond (and maybe the best Bond full stop), Casino Royale is brilliantly relentless and relentlessly brilliant. The black-and-white opening, parkour, poker, Venice, Mads – this list goes on. There's nothing not to love.

• Ryan Sheldon

★★★★½ Added by Ryan Sheldon

One of the best Bond films of all time. Pulse pounding action and enough emotional heft. It's amazing from the start with the black and white opening scene. Sets Daniel Craig perfectly in the role of James Bond

• Sergio Zaciu

★★★★★ Watched by Sergio Zaciu 26 Nov, 2015 1

*Note: This is not a traditional review, thus I will be writing in 1st person.*

I would have never in a million years thought that there is a James Bond film that improves with repeated viewings, but I'm making the fundamental disservice of lumping Casino Royale into the category of a 007 release in the first place.

Martin Campbell's brilliant 2006 outing, thanks in large part to a spectacular screenplay of non-stop genre subversion from the legendary Paul Haggis is…

• TimeParadox

★★★★★ Watched by TimeParadox 22 Nov, 2015

This is exactly what a Bond film should be, and it's just a fantastic film in general.

This may be my favorite Bond film.

• Liam Underwood

★★★★ Rewatched by Liam Underwood 26 Nov, 2015

Finally - an actually really damn good James Bond film. I've been waiting all month for this.

I must confess Casino Royale is one of the very few Bond films that I'd actually seen before prior to starting my month of Bond. It has been a few years though and I was very keen to revisit. I was not disappointed.

I think it was a smart choice to reboot the series as it allows for some actual character development. Bond…

• KMayner

★★★★★ Added by KMayner

The perfect Bond film. Best since Goldfinger and From Russia With Love.

• Lorenzo Manildo

★★★★ Rewatched by Lorenzo Manildo 24 Nov, 2015 1

After the disappointment that was Spectre, I wanted to come back to what I recalled was the best Craig Bond movie. I'm glad I did it, because Casino Royale has everything Spectre lacks: a compelling and original story that plays with the clichés of the genre, great supporting characters and an even greater villain. Oh, and Eva Green.

It also has a Bond character arc, which, if makes Casino Royale not a Bond movie, certainly makes it an excellent movie, period.

In fact, it is so good I think I will give even Quantum of Solace a rewatch sooner or later.

• Andrew Saunders

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Saunders 22 Nov, 2015

This film was a personal gift to me. It literally came out on my 18th birthday, my entry into adulthood. James Bond knew what I deserved and provided a perfect film.

Seriously, this movie is flat out amazing. The action is great, the new Bond turned out to be perfect, the bond girl was wonderful enough to be either the best or second best in the whole franchise, and the story has great twists. If you've never seen a 007 movie, this is a great one to start on.

Oh, and look at Hannibal in this one being a bad guy.

• Kobe Miller

★★★★★ Added by Kobe Miller

The most qualitative thing the Bond franchise ever produced, at the time it needed it the most. A blueprint for the modern action thriller.

• Andrea Maderna

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrea Maderna 15 Nov, 2015

Gli anni passano, il film invecchia, Daniel Craig era di una giovinezza imbarazzante, ma l'operazione di rilettura resta cristallina e gestita in maniera meravigliosa sotto ogni singolo punto di vista. Peccato per la parte finale un po' sottotono, ma nel complesso questo è e rimane il Bond greve e romantico che mi aveva fatto reinnamorare.

• Michael DiBella

★★★★★ Watched by Michael DiBella 13 Nov, 2015

Casino Royale marks the debut of Daniel Craig as 007 and a mighty impressive debut it is. Craig owns the role of Bond right from start and leaves an indelible mark on the character that would help to redefine and reenergize a series that frankly had felt like it was on autopilot for the last 10 years. It’s not entirely fair to call the film a reboot since the Bond series has never had much of a continuity but it…

• Tristiac

★★★★ Rewatched by Tristiac 21 Nov, 2015

All the Hold 'em is a misstep, but this is still the best Bond film for many reasons not least of which is Bond himself. Daniel Craig is revelatory in the role and the character has never been written so well before or since - suave yet brutish and damaged, and altogether human with a compelling arc that's even unexpectedly heartbreaking. Though if I'm being honest, Eva Green's Vesper Lynd is the reason I've probably seen this one more than…