• Jim

★★ Watched by Jim 01 Aug, 2001

Review from 2001:

One of my favorite scenes of recent memory is that of a cuddly, curious pig named Babe, walking into unknown territory as he struts around a pet hotel. He stumbles upon a light in a room, hoping it's somebody familiar. Instead, a bunch of singing opera cats are standing before him as the conductor's tail swings blissfully, back and forth. This scene alone was worth price of admission, for I am the epitome of the cat lover.…

• Ray Villela

★½ Rewatched by Ray Villela 06 Apr, 2014

I wasn't doing anything all day, and I still felt like I wasted my time watching this.

• John Lees

Watched by John Lees 06 Apr, 2014

Woeful. The kind of dire, soul-crushing suit parents dread having to watch with their children.

• Brett Blumenkopf

★★★ Watched by Brett Blumenkopf 04 Jun, 2006

I was mildly amused by this if I recall, but it was still too juvenile and stupid for my tastes.

• Hayley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hayley 25 Jul, 2013

I CANT BELIEVE JEFF GOLDBLUM IS IN THIS

• Shinmei90

★★½ Rewatched by Shinmei90 13 Jul, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Edgar Cochran

★½ Added by Edgar Cochran

- It's not talking animals (Babe)
    - It's not the family-oriented nature (Babe again)
    - It's not the concept of creating comedy with exaggerated CGI (The Mask)
    - It's not the Matrix spoof

It's the HORRIBLE execution!

27/100

• wulfgar111

★½ Added by wulfgar111

After seeing a preview for Cats and Dogs a month or so ago, I was anticipating this movie more than most this summer. The movie looked to be an action packed spy movie with talking animals to boot. Opening the same weekend as Scary Movie 2, I knew that it would bring in the family audience, and I also expected it to be the better of the two in quality.

Cats and Dogs takes place in a quiet town where…

• Matthew Beem

★★ Watched by Matthew Beem 12 Apr, 2013

First off, why all the hate against cats!!! Second, not as funny as I'd remembered it. Too silly for my tastes, but a tip of my hat to Sean Hayes, voicing Mr. Tinkles. There where a few chuckles with his vocal performance but overall felt like a day's worth of choirs. Thankfully, it'll be like a weird dream with very second that ticks more and more will be forgotten.

• Wesley Mead

★½ Watched by Wesley Mead 29 Mar, 2013 1

Forgettable and silly, it doesn't hold up well.

• Michael

★★½ Added by Michael

Wären in “Cats & Dogs” die Computereffekte nicht so schlecht und die Animatronics nicht sofort als solche zu erkennen, dann wäre “Cats & Dogs” gleich ein besserer Film. Die Geschichte selbst ist nämlich ganz lustig und auch die Tiere kommen sympathisch rüber.

Nun gut, die Dialoge des Film sind auch nicht gerade auf wirklich anspruchsvollem Niveau, aber die Idee den ewigen Kampf zwischen Hunde und Katzen auf die Leinwand zu bringen ist wirklich witzig. Und vor allem der Beagle Lou versprüht diesen…

• Ben Trout

★★½ Watched by Ben Trout 03 Aug, 2001

Though not a hair as clever as a half-hour of Tom & Jerry, the key to enjoying Cats & Dogs is watching it as you would watch a cartoon. It creates such a believable bizarro world, it ends up with carte blanche to write its own rules. Guterman's direction is slapstick heavy, exceedingly boorish and somewhat lost in the shuffle. What he succeeds in doing is making it fun for an audience to watch cartoonish animals plot against each other. Instead of being a mere Mousehunt 2, it it is nearly Babe-meets-Itchy & Scratchy.