• KMOKLER

½ Added by KMOKLER

What an awesome movie.

• Sean Sexton

★★ Rewatched by Sean Sexton 21 Aug, 2014

Secret agent dogs battle evil cat trying to take over world. Humans surprised to realize that dogs and cats speak.

Despite wielding some talented actors, this kids' film doesn't rise above being formulaic, tired and predictable.

Good: A few good laughs that kids will find funny. Decent voice acting by Sarandon, Baldwin and Maguire.

Bad: Stale plot, extremely predictable, and infrequent laughs

Rating: 4.2 / 10 (Poor)

• Stef

★★★★ Added by Stef

You had me at "Evil Persian".

• Jim

★★ Watched by Jim 01 Aug, 2001

Review from 2001:

One of my favorite scenes of recent memory is that of a cuddly, curious pig named Babe, walking into unknown territory as he struts around a pet hotel. He stumbles upon a light in a room, hoping it's somebody familiar. Instead, a bunch of singing opera cats are standing before him as the conductor's tail swings blissfully, back and forth. This scene alone was worth price of admission, for I am the epitome of the cat lover.…

• Ray Villela

★½ Rewatched by Ray Villela 06 Apr, 2014

I wasn't doing anything all day, and I still felt like I wasted my time watching this.

• John Lees

Watched by John Lees 06 Apr, 2014

Woeful. The kind of dire, soul-crushing suit parents dread having to watch with their children.

• Brett Blumenkopf

★★★ Watched by Brett Blumenkopf 04 Jun, 2006

I was mildly amused by this if I recall, but it was still too juvenile and stupid for my tastes.

• Hayley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hayley 25 Jul, 2013

I CANT BELIEVE JEFF GOLDBLUM IS IN THIS

• Shinmei90

★★½ Rewatched by Shinmei90 13 Jul, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Edgar Cochran

★½ Added by Edgar Cochran

- It's not talking animals (Babe)
    - It's not the family-oriented nature (Babe again)
    - It's not the concept of creating comedy with exaggerated CGI (The Mask)
    - It's not the Matrix spoof

It's the HORRIBLE execution!

27/100

• wulfgar111

★½ Added by wulfgar111

After seeing a preview for Cats and Dogs a month or so ago, I was anticipating this movie more than most this summer. The movie looked to be an action packed spy movie with talking animals to boot. Opening the same weekend as Scary Movie 2, I knew that it would bring in the family audience, and I also expected it to be the better of the two in quality.

Cats and Dogs takes place in a quiet town where…

• Matthew Beem

★★ Watched by Matthew Beem 12 Apr, 2013

First off, why all the hate against cats!!! Second, not as funny as I'd remembered it. Too silly for my tastes, but a tip of my hat to Sean Hayes, voicing Mr. Tinkles. There where a few chuckles with his vocal performance but overall felt like a day's worth of choirs. Thankfully, it'll be like a weird dream with very second that ticks more and more will be forgotten.