• alexbhades

★★★ Rewatched by alexbhades 14 Oct, 2012

Bonita fotografia, bonitas peleas, guión que hace aguas.
    Filme de acción y aventuras para pasar el rato, entretenida y espectacular, sin más.

• LoveofCelluloid

★★★½ Watched by LoveofCelluloid 12 May, 2014

The Roman legend of the Ninth Legion is told with gory gusto in this historical action thriller...

Full review located at:
    fortheloveofcelluloid.com/2014/05/13/centurion-2010/

• YodaTalkies

★½ Watched by YodaTalkies 20 Jul, 2015

Film doesn't focus how the UNESCO famous Hadrain wall is built or why,motives of emperor Hadrain.Even picts were not clearly explained. The movie is about how a Rome centurion escapes picts after being ambushed & what he does when Rome betrays him in the end. Locations are serene.

• DevinMeenan

★★½ Watched by DevinMeenan 21 Jul, 2015

Aside from the performances of Michael Fassbender and Dominic West, Centurion is nothing more than visceral, old-fashioned, B-Movie entertainment. For those seeking a mindless distraction, recommended. For those craving anything more, skip it.

• Blaine McLaren

★★ Watched by Blaine McLaren 19 Jul, 2015

What a mess! After praising Marshal's excellent but overlooked Doomsday, comes this bummer of a film. Dont get me wrong. There are great battle scenes and incredible actors, but the story is so muddled. What worked in Doomsday is Centurion's greatest weakness. I think there is a great film inside that periodically pops out, but droll and convoluted story lines drag this movie down to 2 stars instead of 3 or 4.

• Sarah Jane

★★★ Watched by Sarah Jane 14 Jul, 2015

I was looking for a time-waster last night and well, if the description reads Michael Fassbender, say no more. This was better than I thought it would be. It tells the legend of the Roman 9th Legion in what is now Scotland in the 2nd century. You know the story; Rome is taking over all of Europe but when they get to the British Isles they are in for a surprise. The people fight back. There is a lot of…

• bree1981

★★★½ Rewatched by bree1981 16 Jun, 2015

117 A.D. The Roman Empire stretches from the African desert to the Caspian Sea, however after invading Britain they hit a roadblock in the form of the Picts, the guerrilla warriors who live in the unforgiving northern part of the country. After a stalemate lasting almost 20 years orders come from Rome to end the deadlock by any means necessary.
    Michael Fassbender plays a Roman soldier who escapes capture and hooks up with the remnants of the legendary Ninth Legion…

• panvaneer

★★½ Watched by panvaneer 09 Apr, 2011

Adequate action-thriller. Not one of Marshall's better films.

• JoakoGSS

★★½ Watched by JoakoGSS 13 Jun, 2015

Bah.

• mo_shack

★★★ Watched by mo_shack 05 Jun, 2015

"In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation."

There's something about Neil Marshall's films. Centurion isn't particularly great and it's riddled with plot contrivances, but I like it anyway. I can't explain it. Maybe Marshall's just filling some bloodlust escapist void I'm unaware of, or maybe I'm experiencing some strange residual effect from his claustrophobic masterpiece The Descent and I'm subconsciously just willing to overlook any of the gaping flaws in his work as a result.

• FlickFanatics

★★½ Added by FlickFanatics

While it has an awesome cast, there are a lot of issues with this film once you get to the style, the action and the overall point of the story. It does have good action, though it feels like the filmmakers were trying a little to hard to replicate some of the "300" flare in action. Which is a little funny that Fassbender is in both films.

• Stephan

★★★ Watched by Stephan 26 Apr, 2015

Wunderschön saftig von Neil Marshall in Szene gesetzt und auch die Schauspieler um Michael Fassbender, Dominic West und Olga Kurylenko hinterlassen einen positiven Eindruck. Ja, macht Spaß.