• Andy Lunn

Watched by Andy Lunn 18 Mar, 2015 2

I've never been into this kind of genre, hence why I've thus far avoided Game of Thrones (soon to be rectified as I have borrowed the box set). Despite these misgivings, I decided to give this a go because it's Neil Marshall and his work is always worthwhile.

So, it was well made and nicely gory, and McNulty was in it. But, I'm still not interested in this genre. It just doesn't hold my attention. I can't even remember how it ended.

• Filipe Furtado

★★½ Watched by Filipe Furtado 19 Mar, 2015

There’s a certain perversity here that is fascinating with Marshall using his horror movie pedigree that effectly rotten the post 300 ancient adventure film from inside. But Marshall, who has always show more imagination than control, is at his sloppy worse here. The first half is so ramshackle to be nearly unwatchable; things do improve some later on, but ideas remain a lot more clever than its execution.

• Chris

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris 15 Mar, 2015

Sometimes a simple story works. Always a sucker for a survival story.

• danica

Watched by danica 15 Mar, 2015

i only kept it on because of michael fassbender and i didn't really pay attention so.......

• The Film Avenger

★★★ Added by The Film Avenger

Entertaining and visually beautiful epic. Not great, but good. Recommend for a rental or Netflix.

• Kenneth_C

★★★ Watched by Kenneth_C 01 Mar, 2015

Aerial shots zoom along mountaintops, picking out an intrepid band of survivors being pursued by a tribe of face-painted warriors. Am I watching THE LORD OF THE RINGS again? No, it's CENTURION -- with ancient Picts standing in for Orcs. Despite the echos of everything from LOTR to his own DOG SOLDIERS, there's no question that Neil Marshall can direct up a storm. But I think he would have benefited by having someone else take a look at his script.…

• Bob Taylor

★★★★ Watched by Bob Taylor 27 Feb, 2015

Powered by a stellar cast and buckets of blood, Centurion is a meat-and-potatoes historical actioner about a band of stranded Roman soldiers being stalked by Pict warriors in second-century Scotland. The clashes are ruthless and exciting; it's not surprising at all that director Neil Marshall went on to direct some of Game of Thrones' biggest episodes.

People, there are giant rolling balls of fire in this movie. And Michael Fassbender! And Jimmy McNulty! Okay, you can't possibly need more reasons to watch.

• ejdzsin

★★★½ Watched by ejdzsin 22 Mar, 2012

Fassbender miatt kap még egy fél csillagot.

• Gert Verbeek

★★½ Watched by Gert Verbeek 30 May, 2010

In Centurion worden Romeinse soldaten opgejaagd door op wraak beluste Schotse Picts. Tijdens hun gevechten staat de camerasluiter op 90-graden (en/of 45-graden) in plaats van de gebruikelijke 180-graden, wat een desoriënterend effect oplevert dat sinds Saving Private Ryan een terugkerend cliché is in actiefilms. De choreografie van de gevechten zijn extra moeilijk te volgen vanwege een veel te snelle, willekeurig aanvoelende montage. De talenten van onder anderen Michael Fassbender (Hunger) en Dominic West (The Wire) verzuipen in opspattende bloedfonteinen. De echte hoofdrolspelers zijn de woeste, ongerepte bergen en met sneeuw bedekte heuvels in de Schotse hooglanden.

• awise7

★★★★½ Added by awise7

To be honest, this is my second favorite of all Michael Fassbender's movies, the first of which being Jane Eyre (duh!). JUST SO MANY FEELS, MAN, FEELS!!!

• hella

Added by hella

rather dishy looking mr fassbender

swords .........blood .........fighting

not too bad really

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 11 Aug, 2010

Another very good movie from Neil Marshall (Doomsday, The Descent). I love how every movie he makes is completely different and original.