• Alex_Baratheon

★★½ Rewatched by Alex_Baratheon 14 Nov, 2015

Centurion sets off to show us the failure and grizzly fate of a Roman legion, but succeeds in nothing other than following in its footsteps.

Set in 117 AD, it kicks off during the Roman occupation of Britain, with the aforementioned Ninth Legion spearheading the Roman attempts at crushing native resistance. Beset on all sides by hostiles, the infamous Legion meets its well-known fate, with the exception of a few survivors, who serve as the main driving point of the…

• kurazaybo

★★★½ Rewatched by kurazaybo 15 Nov, 2015

Whoa! esta me sorprende cada vez que la veo. Neil Marshall se sacó de la manga uno de sus trabajos más logrados y menos reconocidos, particularmente luego de dejarnos completamente desconcertados con su peor película, "Doomsday".

Ni qué decir del reparto, está excelente y curiosamente muchos de estos actores solo se hicieron más famosos después. Nota especial para Fassbender, que creo nunca le he vuelto a ver una actuación tan "fisica" ni me lo imaginaría como héroe de acción si…

• SteveDrums

★★★½ Watched by SteveDrums 16 Nov, 2015

And they all lived happily after, apart from those who got viciously slaughtered. Which is nearly all of them. Plenty of "hey, it's that guy" moments, and some tasty fight scenes.

• Ed Küpfer

★★★★ Watched by Ed Küpfer 14 Nov, 2015

Enjoyment: 8/10
    Quality: 7/10

A historical action thriller about a group of Roman soldiers trapped behind enemy lines, who must make their way back to safety while avoiding pursuit. This movie totally worked for me as a straight action movie. The fight scenes were great (and surprisingly gory), the locations were spectacular, the story made sense in action movie terms. This is the way to do medium budget thrillers in historical settings: keep the focus tight (in this case, one…

• Starr

★★★ Watched by Starr 25 Oct, 2015

I was in the mood for watching people kill each other with swords, but 300 doesn't stream on Netflix, so I settled for this. Plus, Fassy.

It was a ridiculously over the top bloodbath, but an absolute visual feast nonetheless. Seriously. I was really, really impressed by the cinematography, something I wasn't really expecting going into this film. Other than that, I wouldn't exactly call it extraordinary. The plot felt a little thin and the ending rushed, but overall I did like it.

• Joe Cool

★★½ Watched by Joe Cool 30 Jul, 2015

A kinda boring chase flick set in A.D 117 Roman Britain. I had decently high expectations for this one and, while it wasn't bad, nothing about the story or characters really hooked me. I like Neil Marshall but this felt like a misstep.

• Gary Nines Jr.

★★ Watched by Gary Nines Jr. 20 Oct, 2015

It kinda wants to be historical and it kinda wants to be Lord of the Rings but doesn't really deliver either way. The action sequences are awesome but they aren't enough to elevate this subpar movie.

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 18 Oct, 2015 1

Neil Marshall's Centurion arrived ahead of another similar movie that focused on the Roman occupation of Britain back in 117AD. Kevin McDonald's The Eagle and this film both share a common thread with the infamous disappearance of the Roman Ninth Legion incorporated into the plot. McDonald's film has a little bit of Hollywood polish about it, but Marshall's goes for blood and guts and more believable characters with the emphasis on survival. Led by Michael Fassbender and ably backed by…

• Jack1704

★★★ Rewatched by Jack1704 18 Oct, 2015

A very good film that is violent and gory in places and then subtle in other places. Not only this but the pace of the film varies so well for a film about Romans being hunted by the locals almost 2000 years ago.

Definitely worth a watch.

She's a Pict and a woman, two good reasons not to trust her.

• Daniel Webb

★★½ Rewatched by Daniel Webb 13 Oct, 2015

It wasn't until well into the third act that I realised I had already seen this movie.

• Gus Braidotti

★★★½ Watched by Gus Braidotti 12 Oct, 2015

Ok, it was ok. Crazy Celts, organised Romans. With a bit of interbreeding. Still a long way off the magic of Roman Army Heaven that was the first ten minutes of Gladiator.
    One peculiar thing: The English look like Klingons !?

• Raylene H