• sjl

★★½ Watched by sjl 21 Dec, 2014

Lean, fast, entirely predictable. Fassbender is way too patrician to play a dirty, bloodthirsty warrior. West, on the other hand...

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 12 Aug, 2010

8/10: Director Neil Marshall has yet to disappoint me with his movies - Dog Soldiers (2002), The Descent (2005), Doomsday (2008) and now this. His movies are known for extreme gore and violence, and this be forewarned that this Roman epic has loads of it. Olga (Bond girl) is sure one hell of a fighter.

• Tony D'Amico

★★★★ Watched by Tony D'Amico 09 Dec, 2014

Film 31 of "The December Challenge 3"
    97 minutes (2804 total)
    1st time watch

I've never seen a Neil Marshall film prior to this, I only knew him from the couple of Game of Thrones episodes he directed. I got the sense that I would like his directing style from the show. I like the way he shoots action. Plus I had heard that this was a pretty good film and anything with Michael Fassbender is worth at least a…

• C. Hagen Radick

★★★½ Watched by C. Hagen Radick 05 Dec, 2014

Good action, but not much to the story.

• EV_Tooms

★★★ Watched by EV_Tooms 21 Nov, 2014

Nice story,beautiful special effects, but awful acting. brrrr

• sfkb

★★½ Watched by sfkb 22 Nov, 2014

Versehentlich zwischendurch eingeschlafen. Aber das war auch ok.

• Joey

★★★½ Added by Joey

Doesn't reach the heights of Marshall's previous films, but still features great performances from Fassbender and the rest of the cast, a solid score, absolutely beautiful cinematography, and a simple but riveting story that gets better on repeated viewings.

Also, lots of brutal, bloody action, which likely makes this the movie that Marshall the gig directing Game of Thrones.

The biggest impression I was left with watching this movie was that of a graphic novel. Something out of the classic Heavy Metal: Conquering Armies. Even the voiceover narration seems fit for a caption box. It just adds to the enjoyment for me.

• Deathlok190

★★★½ Watched by Deathlok190 08 Nov, 2014

Based on the story of the legendary Ninth Legion, nobody knows what really happened but Centurion is a very believable version of events. A good script and acting make this movie one of the best written about the events of the Ninth Legions mysterious disappearance, even minor characters are given the time they need for you to care about them.

• Merrill

★★★½ Added by Merrill

It's Fassbender.

• Simon Abrams

★★★ Watched by Simon Abrams 21 Oct, 2014

Again, cinematographer Sam McCurdy FTW.

More in my Vulture interview with director Neil Marshall.

Editor's note: woomp, there it is.

www.vulture.com/2014/10/neil-marshall-constantine-game-of-thrones.html

• Koen Romers

★★½ Watched by Koen Romers 08 Oct, 2014

Worth a watch.

• Simon Curry

★★½ Rewatched by Simon Curry 12 Oct, 2014 4

Generic and uninspired. Fassbender does the best with what he is given, which is next to nothing.