• EV_Tooms

★★★ Watched by EV_Tooms 21 Nov, 2014

Nice story,beautiful special effects, but awful acting. brrrr

• sfkb

★★½ Watched by sfkb 22 Nov, 2014

Versehentlich zwischendurch eingeschlafen. Aber das war auch ok.

• Joey

★★★½ Added by Joey

Doesn't reach the heights of Marshall's previous films, but still features great performances from Fassbender and the rest of the cast, a solid score, absolutely beautiful cinematography, and a simple but riveting story that gets better on repeated viewings.

Also, lots of brutal, bloody action, which likely makes this the movie that Marshall the gig directing Game of Thrones.

The biggest impression I was left with watching this movie was that of a graphic novel. Something out of the classic Heavy Metal: Conquering Armies. Even the voiceover narration seems fit for a caption box. It just adds to the enjoyment for me.

• Deathlok190

★★★½ Watched by Deathlok190 08 Nov, 2014

Based on the story of the legendary Ninth Legion, nobody knows what really happened but Centurion is a very believable version of events. A good script and acting make this movie one of the best written about the events of the Ninth Legions mysterious disappearance, even minor characters are given the time they need for you to care about them.

• Merrill

★★★½ Added by Merrill

It's Fassbender.

• Simon Abrams

★★★ Watched by Simon Abrams 21 Oct, 2014

Again, cinematographer Sam McCurdy FTW.

More in my Vulture interview with director Neil Marshall.

Editor's note: woomp, there it is.

www.vulture.com/2014/10/neil-marshall-constantine-game-of-thrones.html

• Koen Romers

★★½ Watched by Koen Romers 08 Oct, 2014

Worth a watch.

• Simon Curry

★★½ Rewatched by Simon Curry 12 Oct, 2014 4

Generic and uninspired. Fassbender does the best with what he is given, which is next to nothing.

• Bartman

★★★ Added by Bartman

After Doomsday, the failure of Centurion was the final nail in the coffin of Neil Marshall's once promising career. With lukewarm reviews and even colder box-office, I was surprised by how good it actually was.
    Sure, the story's very basic, just a bunch of lost British blokes on the run from a mob of angry Scots (nothing you can't see on a Friday night in Glasgow), but the visceral action scenes are great and Marshall does a good job of…

• Robin Solsjö Höglund

★★½ Watched by Robin Solsjö Höglund 08 Sep, 2014

Netflix encourages insomnia. The Walking Dead's own David Morrisey is in this. I was just looking for some Roman based action.

In Centurion a group of Roman soldiers are caught behind enemy lines and hunted by Picts.

Neil Marshall gives me a love/hate vibe. This is written and filmed like a modern ragtag soldier movie, and the extreme energy and unwavering pace keeps it from getting boring, but it also makes it feel comedic in an unintentional way (or is…

• fatpie42

★★ Watched by fatpie42 20 Oct, 2012

Pretty much the main star of this film is none other than... *drumroll*... Michael Fassbender. Oh yeah, the Fass is here and he's giving just as awesome a performance as ever.

And yes, there is a lot to enjoy in this film. The characters are endearing, though the attempt to flesh them out only goes so far. There are quite a lot of characters and many seem to get killed off just as you are getting to know them. Noel…

• rossboyask

★½ Watched by rossboyask 23 Aug, 2014

Taken me 4 attempts to watch this film. Fantastic cast and cinematography. I should like it, but I think it's utter rubbish. There's something very wrong with the editing, and with the screenplay.