• Shaikz_Faiz

★★★★½ Added by Shaikz_Faiz

Pretty good

• fulci420

Added by fulci420

Neil Marshall got horror fans attention with his very good "Dog Soldiers" and his excellent "The Descent". Here in "Centurion" we see him stepping up his ambitions working with a high profile lead (Michael Fassbender) and going for the kind of sword and sorcery period epic that typically costs north of 100 million, but doing it on a much more modest budget. The result well it stumbles to get there, but the second half really works playing to Marshall's forte…

• Jacob HB

★★ Rewatched by Jacob HB 04 Jan, 2015

Whilst it is a far cry from Neil Marshall's excellent The Descent, Centurion still makes up some ground from the appalling Doomsday.
    Michael Fassbender and Dominic West keep the weak script afloat as the repetitive action sequences soon become dull through a lack of originality. Unfortunately all these tricks were already done better almost ten years earlier in Gladiator. The film also takes the historical epic blue grade to new heights, designed to sell the pulpy nature of the story…

• sjl

★★½ Watched by sjl 21 Dec, 2014

Lean, fast, entirely predictable. Fassbender is way too patrician to play a dirty, bloodthirsty warrior. West, on the other hand...

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 12 Aug, 2010

8/10: Director Neil Marshall has yet to disappoint me with his movies - Dog Soldiers (2002), The Descent (2005), Doomsday (2008) and now this. His movies are known for extreme gore and violence, and this be forewarned that this Roman epic has loads of it. Olga (Bond girl) is sure one hell of a fighter.

• Tony D'Amico

★★★★ Watched by Tony D'Amico 09 Dec, 2014

Film 31 of "The December Challenge 3"
    97 minutes (2804 total)
    1st time watch

I've never seen a Neil Marshall film prior to this, I only knew him from the couple of Game of Thrones episodes he directed. I got the sense that I would like his directing style from the show. I like the way he shoots action. Plus I had heard that this was a pretty good film and anything with Michael Fassbender is worth at least a…

• C. Hagen Radick

★★★½ Watched by C. Hagen Radick 05 Dec, 2014

Good action, but not much to the story.

• EV_Tooms

★★★ Watched by EV_Tooms 21 Nov, 2014

Nice story,beautiful special effects, but awful acting. brrrr

• sfkb

★★½ Watched by sfkb 22 Nov, 2014

Versehentlich zwischendurch eingeschlafen. Aber das war auch ok.

• Joey

★★★½ Added by Joey

Doesn't reach the heights of Marshall's previous films, but still features great performances from Fassbender and the rest of the cast, a solid score, absolutely beautiful cinematography, and a simple but riveting story that gets better on repeated viewings.

Also, lots of brutal, bloody action, which likely makes this the movie that Marshall the gig directing Game of Thrones.

The biggest impression I was left with watching this movie was that of a graphic novel. Something out of the classic Heavy Metal: Conquering Armies. Even the voiceover narration seems fit for a caption box. It just adds to the enjoyment for me.

• Deathlok190

★★★½ Watched by Deathlok190 08 Nov, 2014

Based on the story of the legendary Ninth Legion, nobody knows what really happened but Centurion is a very believable version of events. A good script and acting make this movie one of the best written about the events of the Ninth Legions mysterious disappearance, even minor characters are given the time they need for you to care about them.

• Merrill