• Gus Braidotti

★★★½ Watched by Gus Braidotti 12 Oct, 2015

Ok, it was ok. Crazy Celts, organised Romans. With a bit of interbreeding. Still a long way off the magic of Roman Army Heaven that was the first ten minutes of Gladiator.
    One peculiar thing: The English look like Klingons !?

• Raylene H

½ Watched by Raylene H 14 Jun, 2014

예쁜 쓰레기

• Tom Prankerd

★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 06 Oct, 2015

For the most part Centurion is what you'd expect from Neil Marshall directing a Roman film - bloody, brutal and downbeat. But despite a respectable overall story and some gory but no doubt realistic battle scenes there are too many sags in the action and the quasi-superhuman Etain especially feels like she's been drafted in from some Bruckheimer film. Fassbender is of course hugely watchable but most of the characters are off-the-shelf archetypes to the extent that it's difficult to care when most are picked off and the end ruins a couple of interesting twists with an implausible final scene.

• Diego Herbst

★★★★ Watched by Diego Herbst 29 Sep, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Pontos Positivos
    - Ótimas cenas de ação;
    - Atuação de Michael Fassbender
    - Personagens interessantes e únicos;
    - Fotografia;
    - Trilha Sonora
    - Violência.

Pontos Negativos
    - Alguns efeitos especiais acabam prejudicando algumas cenas;
    - Morte inexplicável de um dos protagonistas no final.

• Galen

★★★ Watched by Galen 28 Sep, 2015

Definitely better than your average action film of this type, with a number of decent fight scenes and brisk pacing, along with some beautiful cinematography of Scotland. Still, it suffers from some of the pitfalls of recent entries in the genre, such as incomprehensible action editing at times and ridiculous cgi blood effects. The third act also takes a couple twists too many; ending with the fight in the Roman fort would have worked much better.

• Rodney Terrell

★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 19 Sep, 2015

Gritty and ultra violent and the name Neil Marshall go hand in hand, before directing some of the best episodes of Game of Thrones he gave us this little survivor tale masked as a swords and sandal film. The battles are tight and well directed for the most part, sometimes it gets a little shaky for my taste. The blood in some shots also looks horribly CG and in some shots it looks great. Fassbender and co. deliver…

• Michael Colpitts

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Colpitts 08 Sep, 2015

Morally murky chase film is Neil Marshall's weakest film but is still bloody, fun, and super cool. Fassbender elevates it.

• Craig Dawson

★★★½ Watched by Craig Dawson 15 Aug, 2015

A splinter group of Roman soldiers fight for their lives behind enemy lines after their legion is decimated in a devastating guerrilla attack.

I'm a big fan of the genre films that Neil Marshall makes, and also enjoy the big set piece episodes that he does of GOT. I enjoyed Centurion quite a bit, but it's no Doomsday which is my favourite due to it's demented craziness. I did think it was good to have our main character/hero as a…

• Rob Samuelson

★★★½ Watched by Rob Samuelson 30 Aug, 2015

It has the trappings of an epic, but it's a more intimate story that nonetheless has excellent action throughout. It's fascinating to see Fassbender right before his career went into the stratosphere. Even still, the "men on a mission" aspects are a little light and the love interest feels weirdly tacked on toward the end of a movie that should probably have a much grimmer ending.

But hoo boy, those action sequences. Neil Marshall is a master and I am so ready for him to do something on a scale even more massive than the Game of Thrones episodes he's helmed.

• dbcooper7

★★½ Watched by dbcooper7 25 Aug, 2015

Centurion was a mixed bag of a movie for me. It started out as a ho-hum battle picture, plodding along rather weakly (though not aimlessly) until finally, FINALLY the endgame between the last remnants of the 9th Legion and the bad asses of the Picts gave me a measure of satisfaction.

Four characters stood out the most to me:

A) Fassbender was rock steady as the main Roman player, Quintus Dias. He rallied the ragtag group of soldiers, keeping them…

• BeardedMovieGuy

★★★★ Rewatched by BeardedMovieGuy 14 Aug, 2015

Although some of the blood effect are bad, especially near the beginning, this is a great swords and sandals movie, with a terrific performance from Michael Fassbender, and some great minor roles from some great British actors, plus I absolutely love Olga Kurylenko and Imogen Poots in this.

• Charlie Derry

★★ Watched by Charlie Derry 07 Jul, 2015

The plot seemed pretty non-existent, and the performances were all very average, so watching this has become a blur to me.