• Amy G

★★★★ Added by Amy G

College kid falls in love with an older woman and has unrealistic expectations. This was hilarious. The script was so tight and witty; nothing left to waste. Michael Angarano needs to be in more things. 40% on RT psssht.

• Rhia

★★ Watched by Rhia 06 Jun, 2015

Honestly I was expecting the worst but the characters weren't as intensely dislikable as other reviews suggest.
    Unfortunately Lee Pace's character was the worst purely because he was so exaggerated and unrealistic at times.

I don't regret watching it by any means.
    Going in with such low expectations resulted in me being pleasantly surprised.

• Travis Cooper

Watched by Travis Cooper 31 May, 2015

Film 151 of Project365, a project in which I watch a new film every day for a year.

So many unlikeable characters, so little time. Plus, the plot was like a creepy version of Rushmore.

• Sheryl

½ Watched by Sheryl 26 Jan, 2015

"Unlikeable" doesn't even begin to describe this film's protagonist and most of its supporting cast.

• slacker

Watched by slacker 27 Dec, 2014

Disclaimer: I only watched this for Lee Pace

I feel like this would be the product if a different dimensional-Wes Anderson directed a Wedding Crashers-esque film and did really terribly.

• Dave Imboden

★★★½ Watched by Dave Imboden 15 Nov, 2014

Written & directed by Max Winkler (son of the Fonz), Ceremony is like a more slight, less twee Wes Anderson film. Michael Angarano carries the movie with his cocksure, motormouth delivery and deft turns of phrase. Watch out for a constantly drunk pre-New Girl Jake Johnson, who steals absolutely every single scene he's in.

• Brad Swenson

★★½ Watched by Brad Swenson 31 Aug, 2014

Quirky, pseudo-intellectual, and stylistic, but lacking emotional grip. Angarano gives a strange performance that I couldn't quite get into or believe. Same with the rest of the cast for that matter. But there are some interesting moments that are memorable and worth seeing.

• Mr. Zero

★★★ Watched by Mr. Zero 26 Jan, 2014

Very enjoyable. Quick witted, clever, and funny. Good cast and characters. I really don't care for Uma Thurman, but she was bearable and an appropriate choice for the character. Very honest and real story.

• citizenrobot

★★★ Watched by citizenrobot 26 Dec, 2013

Better than I expected it to be - but I will disclose that I watched it just to get a little more Jake Johnson in my life.

• Josh

★★★★ Watched by Josh 14 Aug, 2013

Characters who always know what to say. Cheerfully ignorant. Young, dumb people encouraged by older, dumb people. Drug addicts without consequences. Wallpaper has more dimensions than characters. But it's pretty wallpaper to scrutinize. It's refreshing to find two people so good looking involved with each other.

• Chantal Pelletier

★★½ Watched by Chantal Pelletier 09 Jun, 2013

Never have I ever seen a film with so few likeable characters.

• 24thhero

★★ Added by 24thhero

Thurman is a vision, but Ceremony is another of her romantic films, and its attempt to be different by being a "quality comedy" makes it even more boring.