• Dave Imboden

★★★½ Watched by Dave Imboden 15 Nov, 2014

Written & directed by Max Winkler (son of the Fonz), Ceremony is like a more slight, less twee Wes Anderson film. Michael Angarano carries the movie with his cocksure, motormouth delivery and deft turns of phrase. Watch out for a constantly drunk pre-New Girl Jake Johnson, who steals absolutely every single scene he's in.

• Brad Swenson

★★½ Watched by Brad Swenson 31 Aug, 2014

Quirky, pseudo-intellectual, and stylistic, but lacking emotional grip. Angarano gives a strange performance that I couldn't quite get into or believe. Same with the rest of the cast for that matter. But there are some interesting moments that are memorable and worth seeing.

• Mr. Zero

★★★ Watched by Mr. Zero 26 Jan, 2014

Very enjoyable. Quick witted, clever, and funny. Good cast and characters. I really don't care for Uma Thurman, but she was bearable and an appropriate choice for the character. Very honest and real story.

• citizenrobot

★★★ Watched by citizenrobot 26 Dec, 2013

Better than I expected it to be - but I will disclose that I watched it just to get a little more Jake Johnson in my life.

• Josh

★★★★ Watched by Josh 14 Aug, 2013

Characters who always know what to say. Cheerfully ignorant. Young, dumb people encouraged by older, dumb people. Drug addicts without consequences. Wallpaper has more dimensions than characters. But it's pretty wallpaper to scrutinize. It's refreshing to find two people so good looking involved with each other.

• Chantal Pelletier

★★½ Watched by Chantal Pelletier 09 Jun, 2013

Never have I ever seen a film with so few likeable characters.

• 24thhero

★★ Added by 24thhero

Thurman is a vision, but Ceremony is another of her romantic films, and its attempt to be different by being a "quality comedy" makes it even more boring.

• Crystal

★★½ Watched by Crystal 07 Nov, 2011

I think I understand what the film was going for but it didn't quite make it there for me. Lovely cast and some clever moments but I just didn't connect with it. But I liked it enough that I look forward to seeing how Max Winkler's next feature turns out.

• Leo

★★★★ Added by Leo

A fun look at how to ruin a weekend and still have fun on the way. Lots of devious planning by Michael Angarano annd a completely gullible best friend. Urma Thurman is always a pleasure to watch in her role as an insecure lost waif and I immediately liked her brother, Teddy, who although he was a basket case, was a really cool guy. Love these kind of dysfunctional films.

• Jafalad

Watched by Jafalad 29 Dec, 2012

Mundane rom-com that takes boredom to new levels.

• Amanda

★★★½ Watched by Amanda 08 Nov, 2012

An obvious homage to Wes Anderson, but well done and beautiful to watch. I was not bothered by the similarities in style because this film was so thoughtfully crafted when it easily could have been too heavy-handed.

The characters are wild exaggerations and yet somehow, oddly identifiable. The set, costume, music, etc. are quite lovely and I was easily lost in them. Strange film. Worth watching, especially if you liked Bottle Rocket or Rushmore.

• Joshua

★★ Watched by Joshua 20 Oct, 2012

A young man tries to stop the oncoming wedding of an older woman whom he had previous relations with.

This is a very charming little film. Very straight to the point, but very whimsical. Quite fast too, it'll be over before you know it. Yet there's something in it's approach, and style, and pacing that's interesting. Interesting in a way that's not exactly stimulating, but also not exactly a bore. I wouldn't be surprised if many hipsters of the world…