• Always Watching

★★★★★ Added by Always Watching

Diana Steven, film critic at Slate, named this movie as the best movie of 2000s. She is right 100%.

• cgk3

★★★★★ Watched by cgk3 23 Mar, 2007

A gripping film. One that touched my heart. I will never forget it. Worth watching. But maybe try having a box of tissues beside you.

• Scott Lipman

★★★★½ Watched by Scott Lipman 28 Jan, 2015

Masterfully shot film. The acting from the whole cast was filled with raw emotion, but what's much more important and notable than that is the world that Cuaron creates. It is a convincing depiction of the very worst and best qualities of humanity and profoundly asks us which is the more important.

• An Angry Bear

★★★★★ Watched by An Angry Bear 27 Jan, 2015

Brilliantly shot, remarkable stark, and darkly grim: Children of Men rivails Y: The Last Man in its gendered apocalyptic glory.

• andytorino

★★★★½ Rewatched by andytorino 27 Jan, 2015

I've never paid attention to Children of Men as a cinematic experience. Every time I watched this film I expected an action flick. I was dumb.
    Children of Men, although flawed, is a cinematic journey, during which we take part in a mission to save humanity by keeping alive the only pregnant woman on earth.

Enter Clive Owen. A man, who not only earned huge respect from me as an actor for this film but also gave the best performance…

• Milez Das

★★★★★ Watched by Milez Das 25 Jan, 2015 12

Miriam: As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd, what happens in a world without children's voices.

Images are a wonderful thing. They take to you a world you can't imagine. They just seduce you. This is what Children Of Men is 'A Perfect Image'.

Emmanuel Lubezki when I hear this name, I just know I am going to watch something that is just spectacular and something more than beautiful. We have seen what Emmanuel…

• Ryan Hookway

★★★★ Watched by Ryan Hookway 26 Jan, 2015

It's 2027 and all the women on earth have become infertile. The world is plunged into chaos and things aren't looking good. Until one young woman is discovered to be pregnant.

Children Of Men is a raw and gritty film. It certainly matches the run down and dirty environment around the characters. The filming style is reminiscent of a documentary at times, with many long takes and camera movement. There are quite a few long takes in this (which Alfonso…

• MrGruntIAm

★★★★★ Rewatched by MrGruntIAm 24 Jan, 2015

A sci-fi classic that will stand the test of time. Extraordinary world-building by showing and hiding just the right amount. Cinematography is astounding. Direction is brave and concise. Highlights: Cinematography, atmosphere, hippie Michael Caine.

• Nolan Wiethop

★★★★★ Added by Nolan Wiethop

One of those odd cases where a bunch of things that I just think are ok all add up into something spectacular.

'Children of Men' is one of, if not the best, apocalyptic films, but that is not the point. The acting is the point. The setting is the point. The story is the point. The ending is the point.

5 Clive Owens doing his best work out of 5

• Luke McGowan

★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Alfonoso Cuarons direction is undeniably sublime, the art direction and cinematography is superb, and great supporting roles by Ejiofor and Mullan contribute to the films success. But despite all of this, at no point did Children of Men pull me into the world and make me feel despair for the endless sacrifices made by the characters.

• ryan

★★★★½ Watched by ryan 23 Jan, 2015

THIS SLAYED WTF

• Zach Cheney

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zach Cheney 23 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Screened for dissertation.

This one's too close to me to give it much of an objective look, which is a drag because it's supposed to be part of a diss chapter. This is the umpteenth viewing, and it never loses its oomph. This film is so strikingly much better than Birdman, despite Lubezki upping the game long-take-wise, that it functions as an apologia for the potential value of both the ultra-long take and keeping that ultra-long take relatively short. Cuarón…