• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 22 Jul, 2014

This is a brilliant film but when I first watch this movie I was not a fan but I watched the movie again and I don't know what I was smoking.

• Adam AG

★★★★½ Rewatched by Adam AG 15 Feb, 2014

Anyone questioning the quality of Cuaron's directorial ability post-Gravity would surely be proved wrong by looking back at his finest piece of work.

• Simon Curry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Simon Curry 22 Jul, 2014

Children of Men.

A masterpiece.

There isn't a lot I want to say about this film because everything is perfect. Its one of my all time favourites and probably one of the most unique and creative films in terms of its cinematography. I am well aware that this film was appreciated and universally acclaimed by many and in my opinion it was deserving of all the praise and accolades.

From the screenplay down to the engaging performances, this film keeps…

• Joseph Brown

★★★★ Watched by Joseph Brown 19 Jul, 2014

One of the more interesting dystopian societies in film. The cultural aspects were all believable and fascinating to piece together. Well done.

• Heljar Wilhelmsen

★★★★★ Watched by Heljar Wilhelmsen 19 Jul, 2014

Im like, 8 fucking years late to the party for this one. If there ever was a party, I mean. This film would probably be better served with a solemn ceremony. This crazy roadtrip through a dystopian Britain is a grand example of world building, camerawork and storytelling.

I don't have to come up with a heap of superlatives or skim through a dictionary for some fine adjectives to throw at this science fiction flick. It would be as annoying…

• Adam Coe

★★★★★ Watched by Adam Coe 16 Jul, 2014

Films set in a dystopian future have almost become commonplace. All of them have this terrible future occurring for a variety of reasons. They being anywhere from the machines to an alien invasion. So a film should be applauded when it brings something new and interesting to the field.
    For Children of Men, this dystopian future came about from infertility, being set in 2027 where no human births have happened for 18 years. This resulted in the grim future that…

• Liva

★★★★½ Watched by Liva 15 Jul, 2014

Somehow it's gotten even bleaker since I last saw it.

• vrklgn

★★½ Watched by vrklgn 13 Jul, 2014

I don't know what the hell all these 5 star ratings came from, but it feels like I missed something.

Children of Men carries a very cool concept indeed, but most parts of this movie seems to be Clive Oven running around avoid getting shot at. It feels like there should've been more stories in this universe but we sorta settle for just blasting through some escape story as fast as possible.

I dunno this movie just didn't impress me much.

• Jack Dodd

★★★★½ Added by Jack Dodd

A brilliant, stunning, and wholly original piece of work from Alfonso Cuaron, who is proving to be on of the most unique directors out there. His direction here is sublime, with an array of tracking shots, blood splaterring, and the cinematographic is absolutely beautiful. One of the best dystopian-future films I've ever seen.

• J.W. Hendricks

★★★★★ Rewatched by J.W. Hendricks 11 Jul, 2014

Brilliance.

It takes a true artist to find beauty in decay, and I've rarely seen a film so beautiful.

Cinematographic perfection, a gorgeously realized world, and living, breathing, real characters.

One of the most moving and heart-racing experiences I've had in years.

Children of Men has done what very few movies have done in recent memory.

It made me weep.

A true masterpiece.

• Richard Goddard

★★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Goddard 09 Jul, 2014

Was shocked that my girlfriend hadn't seen this (it's one of my top five favourite movies) so I forced her to watch the BluRay with me. Good god I almost forgot just how phenomenal it is.

• tcrosini

★★★★½ Rewatched by tcrosini 05 Jul, 2014

I still think the beginning struggles but once they hop into the car this movie is off to the races.