• jmhuston

★★★★ Added by jmhuston

I like to imagine that Michael Caine was just playing himself in this movie.

• Kurt Huseby

★★★★ Watched by Kurt Huseby 17 Apr, 2015

tspdt 974 2015
    actor: Clive Owen as Theo Faron
    character: Jasper by Michael Caine

• Jabberwocky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jabberwocky 16 Apr, 2015

What an experience! Cuaron's "Children Of Men" really gets you in the mood of re-thinking the whole mess our society is and works as a good wake-up call from our ignorance and apathy. It showcases a horrifying 2027 where people are infertile and old... and then a baby arrives and suddenly there's hope!
    "Children of Men" predicts an intimidating future and criticizes the problems that humanity might face in a few years. It also questions religion and focuses on the…

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 15 Apr, 2015 3

Just watched this with two of my pseudo-brothers. Didn't have quite the reaction I was hoping for, though they were somewhat impressed by the long shot through the 'battlegrounds' near the end.
    I just have to say... I cannot get enough of 'Freda People'. Brilliantly used at the end.

• Wes Ball

★★★★★ Watched by Wes Ball 15 Apr, 2015 1

Well, after so many years and so much word-of-mouth, I have finally seen Alfonso Cuaron's cult hit "Children of Men." I'm really surprised it took me this long to see it, though I may have never seen it if it wasn't so highly recommended from a particular friend of mine. After my experience, I've concluded that this is Cuaron's definitive masterpiece. I thought he couldn't have possibly gotten any better with his technical marvel, Gravity, and yet here I am,…

• adrian_ko

★★★★ Watched by adrian_ko 11 Apr, 2015

Technically and visually, 'Children of Men', is a perfect sci-fi dystopia. Really. I haven't seen such a great camera work in a long time. No idea, why this wasn't awarded with an Oscar. The cinematography of this whole movie is just perfect. And I love the look of this film. I've seen many sci-fi thrillers like this one here, but this special apocalyptic mood was never visualized that great. Just perfect.

The acting is also really great, Clive Owen is…

• M. Athariq Fauzan

★★★★ Added by M. Athariq Fauzan

the story is simple but soulful and amazing, the cast is pretty solid especially clive's acting as a depression man, the cinematography is eye-catching, and the scoring is haunting yet chilling. definitely a great sci-fi flick

• faye

★★★½ Watched by faye 10 Apr, 2015

went into this film knowing nothing about it, came out knowing that i want to smoke weed with Michael Caine

• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

Excellently staged and featuring some amazing camerawork and a smart script, this is a fantastic post-apocalyptic thriller from Alfonso Cuarón.

• karlijneg

★★½ Watched by karlijneg 08 Apr, 2015

Characters are all kept a bit shallow, but nice subject.

Could be the ending of the series 'Utopia'

• Kent Dempsey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kent Dempsey 07 Apr, 2015

Profoundly moving, affecting, amazing film, with some of the brilliant long, single-take scenes you'll ever see. The dystopian future depicted herein, central premise aside maybe, looks closer and closer to becoming a reality in which we may one day live, and is one of the most realistic I've ever seen on film.

• Bobby Hill

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bobby Hill 05 Apr, 2015

Still as powerful as the first time I saw it, and sadly, more relevant..