• Dr_Blind

★★★ Watched by Dr_Blind 25 Nov, 2014

Sinceramente non capisco perchè questo film abbia voti così alti su determinati siti. Storia abbastanza interessante si ma, poche scene belle,non mi ha emozionato per niente, per non parlare del doppiaggio italiano.

• Am Y

½ Added by Am Y 2

This didn't work for me. After Julianne Moore died, I couldn't care less about what happened to the remaining cast nor the entire human race that was being threatened for that matter. I guess I'm not a Clive Owen fan, nor am I big on birthing/babies/kids/spoilt teenagers/the continuation of mankind. It's a miracle I managed to sit through this till the very end, which managed to piss me off even more than I already was. On the bright side, the documentary that accompanied this film was a much more tolerable (though still pretentious and pseudo-scientific) watch.

• Jason Ooi

★★★★★ Watched by Jason Ooi 25 Nov, 2014

As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd, what happens in a world without children's voices.

Children of Men depicts a dystopian future where humanity is plagued with infertility. Squandering their remaining time on Earth, the last generation forms various cults and factions to fight against the English government, which harbors a strict policy when it comes to refugees. Theo Faron, played masterfully by Clive Owen, amidst of all of this destructive activism, finds himself…

• SJHoneywell

★★★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

Science fiction at
    Its best can raise our level
    Of thinking. This does.

• Cody

★★★★★ Watched by Cody 21 Nov, 2014 1

Children of Men was just remarkable. I had actually just recently even heard of this film. I read here that it had a large majority of 5 star ratings, so I knew I had to watch it. Finally, I got to see it. Wow. This was such a powerful film. It was beautiful and constantly kept me wanting to watch more. Everything about this film was just amazing. It was extremely realistic in it's portrayal of the future. I felt…

• Eli

★★★ Watched by Eli 19 Nov, 2014

This felt a lot like a zombie movie without any zombies. There was a constant fleeing from an overwhelming, seemingly infinite threat with no real end in sight.

• Guillermo Bosque

★★★★★ Watched by Guillermo Bosque 17 Nov, 2014 1

I cried like a little girl watching this. Full review coming soon...

• Signora Fosca

★★★★ Watched by Signora Fosca 04 Oct, 2013

An astonishing piece of filmmaking, of storytelling, of the art of the cinema itself. Alfonso Cuaron sets up this world with stylistic grit and realism; a dystopia so fully realized and so brilliantly shot, that the entire thing becomes a maddening reality. Taking the great concept, originally found in the novel of the same name, the excellence in the camera work is thanks in large to cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki. The long takes and guerilla-style footage make for thrilling, tense sequences.…

• Sebastian Restrepo

★★★★ Added by Sebastian Restrepo

Hay que decir que está un poco sobrevalorada, pero es una muy buena película, nunca entendí bien a fondo qué es y por qué se da la revelión, tiene sus momentos graciosos, un gran guión, perfectas actuaciones y momentos.

Las secuencias de cámara son las mejores y su banda sonora muy acertada, buen final pero con algunos huecos argumentales que no me gustan en lo personal.

• Jesús B

★★★★★ Watched by Jesús B 15 Nov, 2014

Hostia tú. Qué buena ambientación. Qué planos secuencias. Qué bien medido todo.

• Mundog

★★½ Added by Mundog

copy of Cyborg, not impressed.

• Joel_Gonzales