• Aracno

★★★★★ Watched by Aracno 22 Apr, 2014

Wow.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

It is above all the look of "Children of Men" that stirs apprehension in the heart. Is this what we are all headed for? The film is set in 2027, when assorted natural disasters, wars and terrorist acts have rendered most of the world ungovernable, uninhabitable or anarchic. Britain stands as an island of relative order, held in line by a fearsome police state. It has been 18 years since Earth has seen the birth of a human child.

Watching…

• Matt4862

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt4862 21 Apr, 2014

Beautifully shot and disturbing at times. One of my favorite dystopian movies, with great performances coming out of everyone. It features some of the most intense and beautiful sequence shots in any movie I've seen.

• Mikki

★★½ Watched by Mikki 20 Apr, 2014

Decent 'survival trip' story that lacks a more detailed explanation of the world its situated in to live up to its real potential.

• Garrett the Mad

★★★★★ Rewatched by Garrett the Mad 16 Apr, 2014

The Perfect Movie.

• cynoide

★★★★ Added by cynoide

One of my favourites ever. great cinematography.

• Flaghead

★★★★★ Added by Flaghead

Perfect

• Fish

★★★★ Rewatched by Fish 12 Apr, 2014

Amazing in terms of filmmaking. If I was rating it for that alone, it would easily get 5 stars. It's brilliantly shot and looks wonderful, but the story isn't compelling enough in my opinion. It seems too much like they're getting from A to B and they don't encounter enough to make it very exciting or for their path to be significantly changed.

I stand by my first review of this film where I stated that it's not explained well enough. Maybe it's not supposed to be, but I would have appreciated a bit more information on various things.

• Snikiravn

★½ Added by Snikiravn

Although highly regarded by many I'm still not convinced it is appreciated as much as it should be. For me this is one of the finest science fiction films of all time, perhaps not as influential as Metropolis, Blade Runner et al but every bit as brilliant.

It manages to achieve what many sci-fi films do not, it manages to not only deliver a unique dystopic concept but also deliver a rich and moving emotional journey too. Too often genre…

• Sydney

★★★★★ Watched by Sydney 09 Apr, 2014

Children of Men was a film I'd put off for a long time. I knew that it was an important film, and I always wanted to be in just the right time and place to see it, and I'm so glad I finally got to because it just might be the best science fiction film I've ever seen. The world that Alfonso Cuaron has created is so rich and complex, it has just as much life as any of the…

• darek

★★★★ Watched by darek 07 Feb, 2014

Really liked this.

• Dave

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dave 03 Apr, 2014

In 2027, in a chaotic world in which women have become somehow infertile, a former activist agrees to help transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea. - IMDB

There is simply not too much wrong with this movie for me at all. It's a perfect meld of different kind of genre's that I love in a movie. The action/sci-fi/drama/thriller aspect is amazing. I was already a fan of Alfonso Cuarón from Y tu mamá también, then came…