• Phil Sternwise

★★★★★ Added by Phil Sternwise

If you can't find this movie for some reason, just go for a walk in any major city.

• JodorowskysJazz

★★★★½ Added by JodorowskysJazz

I really enjoyed it. It speaks on the human condition through powerful imagery & symbolism (the Nativity story). I also feel the future depicted is extremely plausible.

Everyone was cast so well, especially Clive Owen. I felt he really embodied his character. Micheal Caine's performance was quite a treat as I have become too accustom to his elder butler-esk touch (probably cause I've mostly seen him in Nolan films).

I held issue with who the antagonist where though. I felt like…

• kristian2099

★★★★★ Watched by kristian2099 18 Dec, 2014

One of the bets Sci Fi films i've seen in a long time. Through the whole movie the story shows no flaws, it's perfectly written and directed adn on of the finest films of the new century.

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jaime Rebanal 17 Dec, 2014

I don't think any other film I've come across has made me cry much more than "Children of Men" has managed to do.

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jaime Rebanal 16 Dec, 2014

Ever have those movies in which you always revisit them and something new about them pops right up into your head? For me, Alfonso Cuarón's "Children of Men" is one of those films. When I first saw the film, the rating which I would have applied to it would only be a mere 3.5/5 star rating here. But ever since I bought the Blu-Ray for myself on Black Friday, I have been coming back to the film with newer ideas…

• Michael McKenzie

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael McKenzie 17 Dec, 2014

Perfectly shot, paced and acted film.

• Pocilina

★★★★ Added by Pocilina

Well, it's a bit 'American' for me (yes, I know, it's not). The beautifulness of this movie is its futurist and, simultaneously, familiar atmosphere. And the constant pathos is palpable during all the movie, although it is not exaggerate at all. Whatch it!

• feedingbrett

★★★★½ Rewatched by feedingbrett 17 Dec, 2014 6

Review In A Nutshell:

Alfonso Cuaron is beginning to become one of my favourite directors with three films so far that has showcased his masterful talents; Gravity, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Children of Men. So far, I believe that Children of Men is his most ambitious film in regards to its themes and messages, a world slowly destroying itself because of human nature has lost the ability to reproduce. A premise that is so original and…

• Daniel Melvill Jones

★★★★½ Rewatched by Daniel Melvill Jones 16 Nov, 2014

"Shantih, Shantih, Shantih"

"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people."
    "Nations will come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising."
    "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined."
    "For unto us a Child is born."

"Shantih, Shantih, Shantih"

• Chris Vallée

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Vallée 12 Dec, 2014

An unexpectedly bleak vision of the future that flips most other dystopian films on its head with gripping action and authentic high stakes consequences, but ultimately holds a solid emotional core that hits hard quite a few times throughout.

• Stigk

★★ Watched by Stigk 14 Dec, 2014

Smug, pandering, self-important.

• Cody Lamson

★★★★★ Added by Cody Lamson

Everything about this movie is excellent. Well acted, well directed, very well shot, and a great depiction of a society with a hopeless future. This film is simply great. 10/10