• nbaker554

★★★★ Watched by nbaker554 12 Feb, 2015

Amazing looking, feeling, and truly intense.

• Jez Meyer

★★★½ Added by Jez Meyer

A frustrating movie. At times, blisteringly good, with incredible long takes, great locations and a brooding atmosphere all adding up to create a believable and bleak dystopia. On the other hand, the dialogue is frequently clumsy, exposition at times nonsensical and uneven and pacing generally poor save for the admittedly riveting action sequences. While the sets and the artistic direction make the world a living, breathing place, the occasionally hammy dialogue and poor delivery ruin that illusion for much of the film. Works best when the pace picks up.

• MiguelSolo

★★★★ Watched by MiguelSolo 26 Feb, 2015

A pesar de que a nivel argumental no tenga demasiado que ofrecer que se salga de la norma, ni siquiera unos personajes tan interesantes como para apoyar en ellos el peso de la trama (Clive Owen es plano como una tapia y el resto es bastante unidimensional), Cuarón consigue un mundo postapocalíptico con identidad propia, visualmente refrescante y concebido con ideas interesantes. Y Lubezki embelesa con su fotografía.

• J3nko

★★★★★ Added by J3nko

You don't seem to understand. This is my favorite movie of all time, for so many reasons. I had played the game "the last of us" before I actually watched this. And during this movie I knew theo was a pacifist Joel, who only did what he had to to survive. And it just makes the movie amazing. The ending was amazing. Everything and everyone in this movie gets an A+

• ZawMine

★★★★ Added by ZawMine

Wow! Far better than I thought. The idea of the movie is really cool. I enjoy this film. The cinematography is very cool. And I love the tone of the film.

• CharlieMcCrary

★★★★★ Rewatched by CharlieMcCrary 19 Feb, 2015

Every time I see this movie I catch something else I missed

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

The story of a world where humans can no longer produce young is the backdrop to this brilliant thriller.

Clive Owen is an excellent leading actor.

• Hayden Culpepper

★★★★★ Watched by Hayden Culpepper 06 Feb, 2015

Children of Men is nothing short of a science fiction masterpiece. Alfonso Cuarón has created a dark, decaying, yet familiar world with no hope or future. The film is brought to life with its star-studded cast that includes: Clive Owen, Michael Caine, Julianne Moore, Charlie Hunnam, and Chiwetel Ejiofor. In 2027 our civilization has fallen into chaos. We live in a world in which humans can no longer procreate. On the verge of extinction mankind has lost all hope for…

• BallingAintEazy

★★★★★ Rewatched by BallingAintEazy 17 Feb, 2015

this movie gets pretty fucking real

• Chase Eiland

★★★★½ Watched by Chase Eiland 13 Jan, 2014

An achievement of cinematic brilliance while adapting a great story into stunning visual art.

• Stef

★★★★½ Watched by Stef 15 Feb, 2015

Beautifully shot, with a great cast, excellent pacing, top notch VFX and production design, and — most important of all — an interesting story.

• shakthi

★★★★½ Watched by shakthi 15 Feb, 2015

The movie was very fast and i like it in that way.
    We can't predict what is coming next and it was a perfect work.