• DJ_Crossbreeze

★★★★★ Added by DJ_Crossbreeze

Thought we lived through it. Can we live past it?

• Chriskr

★★★★ Added by Chriskr

Yeah, this is good. Interesting story, exciting action scenes, realistic science fiction.

• Carlos Riquelme

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carlos Riquelme 28 Oct, 2014

Simplemente una de las mejores películas de la década pasada.

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★★ Watched by Keith LaFountaine 29 Oct, 2014

Children of Men is brutal, horrifying, beautiful, and breathtaking. The cinematography is perfect, the writing is excellent, and Clive Owen's performance is amazing. Alfonso Cuaron's direction is solid, as always, and the film's score is haunting. It is sad how overlooked this film is.

• Mild Sauce

★★★★★ Added by Mild Sauce

Mark my words: fifty years from now--maybe even less than that--Children of Men will be spoken of in the same hushed tones as Casablanca, the Godfather, and Pulp Fiction. I explicitly don't cite it's sci-fi forebears--Metropolis, Clockwork Orange, Blade Runner, Alphaville--because while CoM clearly bears those influences, I think it easily transcends them, both thematically and artistically (especially Blade Runner, which is so much crap). I've watched this a bunch of times and there's so many wonderful moments and sequences and so much great artistry on display here--and no obvious caveats or reservations to mention.

• Bjorn Bouterse

★★★★★ Watched by Bjorn Bouterse 13 Sep, 2014 18

97/100

Children of Men is one of only forty-three films that I've ever issued five stars and I've seen well over six-thousand films. I rarely give a film five stars but when I do, you'll know the film is something special. Alfonso Cuarón has created what is, perhaps, the most believable vision of the future I have ever seen and this makes for a much more realistic and raw depiction of the future. It's not all about flying cars and…

• Lyka

★★★★★ Watched by Lyka 11 Oct, 2014

I absolutely love this movie. The plot, the acting, the editing, the characters, the filming (I love how everything was shot in Theo's perspective) is amazing!

• CharlieMcCrary

★★★★★ Rewatched by CharlieMcCrary 27 Oct, 2014

"As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd, what happens in a world without children's voices."

Children of Men takes place in the near future in decaying England where all of humanity has gone into chaos due to the recent infertility of mankind. The plot centers around the main character played by Clive Owen, who has become numb to the slowly decaying world around him. All the characters of this movie you can tell have…

• Hemi

★★★★ Added by Hemi

Great movie. So we have our future world where no new children are born. People get all jealous of the young and kill them.. cause why not.. go humanity. Micheal Caine has a short role and Juliane moore is in one of the first continuous scenes in the movie and lets say has a surprising event.

The second continuous scene has a good amount of action and amazement they didn't mess it up.

Definitely recommend this one.

• Jiel73

★★ Rewatched by Jiel73 27 Oct, 2014

I don't understand the hype regarding this movie. There are some great long scenes that continue for as long as up to ten minutes. Great directing, but it does not compensate the weak storytelling.

• Dan Allen

★★★★½ Watched by Dan Allen 27 Oct, 2014

First time watch for me, such a brilliant movie.

• codeck

★★★★ Added by codeck

Espectacular. Con un planteamiento magnífico, te hace sufrir de verdad hasta el final de la película.