• Nick Brown

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nick Brown 01 Aug, 2015

The first time I saw this film I didn't appreciate it for the genius that it is. It is visually stunning, the score is haunting. The whole concept of the story is not only original, it is also extremely well evacuated. The suspense of the film builds and builds till the final act when the fear of the whole situation becomes almost overwhelming. I don't like to use the term lightly but this film is a masterpiece.

• panvaneer

★★★★ Watched by panvaneer 26 Jul, 2012

In a filmic sense the single-takes in this film are utterly breath-taking. The viewer doesn't realise they've seen them because they're used to short takes & CGI. Enthralling hard & brutal encapsulation of a post-apocalyptic reality.

• Leandro Luz

★★★★★ Added by Leandro Luz

FILHOS DA ESPERANÇA é certamente um dos filmes mais impactantes dos últimos 20 anos. Impossível não bater palmas ao ver o brilhantismo das sequências no carro e sobretudo a do resgate no prédio (destaque para a pausa poética que o próprio filme se permite fazer aqui) orquestradas por Alfonso Cuarón e Emmanuel Lubezki.

(2027 tá chegando e as expectativas não são nada consoladoras)

• Chris McMahon

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris McMahon 29 Jul, 2015

Never liked this the first time.

• Ryan Johnson

★★★★½ Watched by Ryan Johnson 24 Jul, 2015

That last scene is probably the best scene in all of cinema.

• Nate Emery

★★★★ Rewatched by Nate Emery 26 Jul, 2015

The first time I watched this was around 2007, and I hated it. I am glad to see my taste in film has evolved since then.

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• BeetleEye66

★★★★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 23 Jul, 2015

fuck me i lav it

• CT_Sexybeast

★★★★½ Watched by CT_Sexybeast 26 Jul, 2015 4

A beautiful film in every sense of the word. Children of Men is insightful, creative, ambitious, mesmerizing, terrifying, and uplifting all at the same time. A remarkable achievement.

• Jeffery Middleton

★★★★★ Watched by Jeffery Middleton 25 Jul, 2015

this is one amazing movie. every aspect of this movie is great, but what I think is notablably exceptional is the filming. some of the greatest, most intense scenes in this movie were continuously shot which is something that's hard to get right. it's really rather incredible. I could write an essay on how fantastic this film is but instead, I'll just say this: if you haven't yet, watch it.

• Matt Mitchell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Mitchell 24 Jul, 2015

Of the many movies I've seen over the years, few have stuck with me as much as Children of Men. Watching this again, I have to credit that feeling in part to Lubezki's camera work. It was something I wasn't as attuned to during my first viewing of this film, but this time I saw so many similarities in shot style with 2013's Gravity, another picture directed by Cuaron. The long takes in the action sequences pick you up and…

• Ricardo Fensterseifer

★★★★½ Watched by Ricardo Fensterseifer 23 Jul, 2015

Sem falar nos demais recursos e desempenhos técnicos, somente a combinação entre a fotografia e o argumento do enredo já justificam a excelência do filme.