• Rocca

★★★★★ Watched by Rocca 24 Jul, 2014

An underrated modern masterpiece.

• Nick C.

★★★★½ Added by Nick C.

Children of Men is a challenging, beautifully crafted, and unforgettable cinematic achievement, and quite possibly the best post-apocalyptic movie ever made. After this film, Y Tu Mamá También, and Gravity, I am officially a huge fan of Alfonso Cuarón. I hope to see more great films from this director in the future.

• Pop Alkemade

★★★★★ Added by Pop Alkemade

What was initially supposed to be a movie where the gays (specifically male gays) win turned into some cis gendered scum fuckfest of a film. Disgusting and homophobic in all forms.

Great film, it's probably my favorite, watch it, Jasper is like Ned's dad if he smoked more weed

• Aljosa

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aljosa 28 Jul, 2014

Jesus Christ

• Fesapo

★★★★ Watched by Fesapo 15 Nov, 2006

89/100

• Bobby Ge

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bobby Ge 25 Jul, 2014 2

What Hollywood says it is: A dystopian sci-fi thriller featuring a fantastic cast headlined by Clive Owen, Michael Caine and Chiwetel Ejiofor directed by the talented Alfonso Cuaron.

What it really is: A fantastically dreary yet ultimately remarkably redemptive thriller with powerful performances, incredible symbolic depth and some of the best-shot action scenes ever put to film.

Shanti, shanti, shanti.

Despite a relatively brief career highlighted by a relatively small amount of films, Alfonso Cuaron has emerged as one of…

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

A beautifully poetic apocalyptic film. Brilliantly shot and perfectly acted.

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 22 Jul, 2014

This is a brilliant film but when I first watch this movie I was not a fan but I watched the movie again and I don't know what I was smoking.

• Adam AG

★★★★½ Rewatched by Adam AG 15 Feb, 2014

Anyone questioning the quality of Cuaron's directorial ability post-Gravity would surely be proved wrong by looking back at his finest piece of work.

• Simon Curry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Simon Curry 22 Jul, 2014

Children of Men.

A masterpiece.

There isn't a lot I want to say about this film because everything is perfect. Its one of my all time favourites and probably one of the most unique and creative films in terms of its cinematography. I am well aware that this film was appreciated and universally acclaimed by many and in my opinion it was deserving of all the praise and accolades.

From the screenplay down to the engaging performances, this film keeps…

• Joseph Brown

★★★★ Watched by Joseph Brown 19 Jul, 2014

One of the more interesting dystopian societies in film. The cultural aspects were all believable and fascinating to piece together. Well done.

• Heljar Wilhelmsen

★★★★★ Watched by Heljar Wilhelmsen 19 Jul, 2014

Im like, 8 fucking years late to the party for this one. If there ever was a party, I mean. This film would probably be better served with a solemn ceremony. This crazy roadtrip through a dystopian Britain is a grand example of world building, camerawork and storytelling.

I don't have to come up with a heap of superlatives or skim through a dictionary for some fine adjectives to throw at this science fiction flick. It would be as annoying…