• Sam Blackburn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Blackburn 30 Aug, 2015

Alfonso Cuaron paints an interesting dystopian future. Here there are still trees fresh water and animals in this case the bleakness comes from the human race being wiped out. Michael Caine has a small fun role as a kind of hippie, Julianne Moore also has a small nice role and Clive Owen what happened to him? People thought he would become the a big star and then he kind of fell of the face of the earth but hopefully The Knick will help him.

• Aaron Robinson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Robinson 30 Aug, 2015

still an incredible film that gets more and more relevant here

• Josh Couch

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Couch 29 Aug, 2015

Children of Men is one of those movies that overcomes you with a sense of awe. This is one of the most beautiful films that I have ever seen and I'm absolutely in love with it.

Set in a near future where all women are now infertile, a man agrees to help escort a miraculously pregnant woman to sanctuary. This world is so captivating and enthralling to get involved with that it drew me in from the first scene. This…

• Nicholas Teeny

★★★★★ Watched by Nicholas Teeny 29 Aug, 2015 1

I thought the only thing Alfonso Cuaron had directed was "Gravity" and man was I wrong. Arguably I was missing out on his best film. This is a story about hope in a desolate, bleak world. In 2027, humanity has been infertile for 18 years. Theo, our main character, is asked to escort a women by the name of "Key". At a safehouse on his way to the sea, he finds out that she is pregnant. As it turns out,…

• Rocky Pajarito

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rocky Pajarito 28 Aug, 2015 1

UGH.

• nrbeaton

★★★★½ Watched by nrbeaton 09 Sep, 2012

Stunningly directed and a great performance from Owen.

• Sergio Monterrubio

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sergio Monterrubio 23 Aug, 2015

Esos contrapuntos entre opresión (el inmundo Londres de 2027) y la opulencia (los jardines suburbanos con goce de zebras) y los detalles que maneja referenciando obras políticas desde King Crimson, Pink Floyd y George Orwell. Qué finura.

• Chris Hodgson

★★★★★ Added by Chris Hodgson

Children of Men is incredibly rewarding. A film made by people who very clearly love film. The world Alfonso Cuarón built here is so lived in, so honest; so detailed and nuanced that it's easy to forget that it's a work of fiction. The amount of visual information packed into every scene, in fact almost every shot, is astonishing. The story explains almost nothing in detail but thanks to the production design and the authenticity of its characters, anything but…

• Connor Lightbody

★★★★★ Watched by Connor Lightbody 22 Aug, 2015

How to describe Children of Men in less than a thousand superlatives will prove to be impossible so I will leave you with quick thoughts.

Perfection. The film is beautiful. The cinematography is the best I've ever seen. The way the camera moves through the action is incredible. The long takes immerse you. The story is phenomenal. Best film of 2006. One of my all time favourites. I can't praise the film enough.

• Alex

★★★★ Watched by Alex 23 Aug, 2015

From a technical standpoint this film is very complex, long takes and a lot going on around the protagonists. I can't imagine how many tries it took for some of these scenes. Also, the world built in this is much stronger than most other dystopic future movies, and the acting was good. I really liked it.

• SamByers

★★★★½ Added by SamByers

a well done Sci-fi movie with a frightening post apocalyptic world that is made to feel real. The beautiful Camera work in this movie makes you feel like your playing a video game, that and the incredibly long shots taken during action scenes make this film hard to take your eyes off of. also a great performance by the guy who looks like Jeremy Renner when you look on the DvD cover... no seriously look at it. i dont really have any complaints with this movie so just go watch it if you haven't.

• ButterBridgeRec

★★★★★ Rewatched by ButterBridgeRec 21 Aug, 2015

It was a pleasure to come round to this again. Annoyingly the dialogue is a bit more hackneyed than I remember at points but as an exploration of the best and worst of humankind, there's not much to parallel it.