• Vishal Verma

★★★★★ Watched by Vishal Verma 27 May, 2015

"I can't really remember when I last had any hope, and I certainly can't remember when anyone else did either. Because really, since women stopped being able to have babies, what's left to hope for?" - Theo

Post apocalyptic masterpiece!

A brilliant premise, that was executed perfectly by Alfonso Cuaron. With beautiful extended takes from Emmanuel Lubezki. The world they have shown in the film where women have become infertile, just gets me. Also, the social commentary shown in the…

• Leighton Trent

★★★★★ Rewatched by Leighton Trent 20 May, 2015

A stunning, ascerbicly brilliant piece of sci-fi; simply one of the best made.

• Rosberg Bozzetto

★★★★★ Watched by Rosberg Bozzetto 23 May, 2015

Com apenas dois filmes (Gravidade e Filhos da Esperança), Cuarón se torna um dos meu diretores prediletos. Filhos da Esperança é belo desde seu enredo as câmeras que te levam pelo braço pra dentro da cenas, como se ela fosse mais um ator que aparece somente em primeira pessoa.
    Em um mundo onde não se ouve mais sons de crianças brincando, só poderia haver caos. Deixa-se claro o que todos sabem, somente elas são a esperança.

• Carl

★★★★½ Watched by Carl 22 May, 2015

This was one hell of a science fiction film. lol I had some problems with the pacing of the story, and I wanted a little bit more from the characters.

But when it comes to the cinematography, camera work, and direction, it is phenomenally done by Lubezki and Cuaron through it's long, tracking shots, not only directly throwing us into the action, but immersing us into this bleak and dystopian world and story that is creative and unique that says…

• Dan Browne

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dan Browne 23 May, 2015

Okay I'mma start using 5 stars for films seeing as I get heaps of shit for it. I love love Alfonso Cuarans stuff... His awesome dark style and his use of doco style film making for action thrillers that adds a beautiful layer of realism to his pieces. This film is no exception!!

• Parker Jackson

★★★★★ Watched by Parker Jackson 21 May, 2015

There are many, many dystopian future movies, but it's hard to think of many movies that have a future as interesting to watch as Children of Men does. It would also be incredibly hard to argue that it's cinematography is not some of the best ever put to screen, as it perfectly fits the movie, adds much more intensity, and I certainly admire the effort that it takes to successfully pull off shots that linger for that long. I wouldn't…

• Béa

★★½ Watched by Béa 21 May, 2015

Honestly, i was very disappointed by this film. I shouldn't discount that it is a lovely humanitarian piece and allegory for immigration as well as the harm we do to ourselves as humans but there wasn't anything in this film that really reeled me in.

The design of the post-children London was exceptional and you can tell a lot of thought went into the subtle details of the story world. This film is great to watch if you want to…

• Hayley Woodward

★★★★★ Added by Hayley Woodward

This dystopian sci-fi thriller is as good as it gets. Fantastic cast, beautifully shot, great action set pieces, and intriguing premise all add up to a perfect film in my opinion.

• Daniel Mármol

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Mármol 17 May, 2015

Al igual que Disctrict 9, Children of Men me ha parecido demasiado original en lo que propone y de una manera muy sólida, con aspectos técnicos dignos de alabar, como la dirección de Alfonso Guarón y la fotografía magnífica de Emmanuel Lubezki.

Un futuro distópico que verdaderamente asusta y logra posicionar a esta película muy por arriba de la media de las películas de sci-fi de lo que va de siglo. Decir que es una de las mejores del género…

•  Not Chai Bishop

★★★★★ Added by Not Chai Bishop

The Best Distopian Film ever made. (Give it ago)

• elias1026

★★★★ Watched by elias1026 13 May, 2015

Children of Men is pure Alfonso Cuarón, and it is pure Emmanuel Lubezki. The shots verge on psychedelic, and the script reads as gloriously hypnotic. This film paints an image of a quasi-apocalyptic world, in which seemingly all women have been infertile for over eighteen years.

Clive Owen plays the one man that can transport a miraculously pregnant woman to safety, a performance that he pulls off with bravado. He is supported by performances from personal favorites Julianne Moore and…

• 2thrillwill

★★★★ Added by 2thrillwill

Beautifully directed by Alfonso Cuarón, and strongly propelled by a powerful performance from Clive Owen, Children of Men depicts a stark and hopeless yet disturbingly real view of the future.