• Andy Summers

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 20 Aug, 2014 1

As a vision of a future society, if you can call it that, Children Of Men should rightly scare the shit out of you. Could this really happen? That is the reason this science fiction film from Alfonso Cuaron is so powerful, with all the genetic anomalies and pollution of the planet surely this issue is only a matter of time.
    A film so full of despair from the off, some of this is a desperate watch. Set in the…

• cronic

★★★ Watched by cronic 19 Aug, 2014

6,5/10

I remembered a couple of scenes from TV years ago when I zapped by. The main guy from 12 years a Slave plays a side role, there are 1-2 characters who really annoyed me. Charlie Hunnam's prep role for Sons of Anarchy. The tank scenes where especially good but the movie didn't blew me away or fascinated me

• Wes Andrieu

★★★★½ Watched by Wes Andrieu 18 Aug, 2014

Cuarón is seriously badass.

• Vaishnav

★★★★½ Rewatched by Vaishnav 17 Aug, 2014

I watched Children of Men some two or three years before, but didn't even go for half n hr because of my lack of taste or knowledge at that time which I at least have now. So downloaded again, watched it fully and cursed myself for my carelessness at that time not to praise this piece of awesomeness. Emmanuel Lubezki is in front of everybody, everything and every happening throughout the film, the actual hero. Unbelievable long shots and very realistic viewpoints frequently. Personally, I feel this is a step ahead for Cuaron than Gravity in many ways. Blown my mind away.

• Christian Flemm

★★★★½ Watched by Christian Flemm 15 Aug, 2014

In my opinion, the humanity portrayed in this film doesn't deserve saving.

• Thirdmango

★★★★ Watched by Thirdmango 15 Aug, 2014

I really liked the big war scene, that was really cool. Also the use of animals in this was very cool (including the very literal use of the Pink Floyd album Animals. Other then that it was a somewhat fun sci-fi-ish type movie. Not amazing, but not bad either. Fun, entertaining and sometimes quite interesting.

• Zlatko Stojkovski

★★★★★ Added by Zlatko Stojkovski

What a movie!!! Brilliant performances of the actors, especially Clive Owen, great photography, excellent storyline... One of the best apocalyptic movies of all time. Bloody and with wonderful message!!! A must watch!!!

• Nick Silvia

★★★★★ Watched by Nick Silvia 13 Aug, 2014

Favorites

From the opening shot director Alfonso Cuarón shows us what this film will be: grimy, filled with dread, and shot using long takes. The final product is incredible as a sci-fi thriller, character drama, social cautionary tale, and is technically superb.

The year is 2027, it has been 18 years since the last child was born and humanity is in shambles. All immigrants are illegal, riots happen in the streets, terrorists groups are fighting the government. Former activist Theo…

• Jodyle

★★★½ Added by Jodyle

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Pike Bishop

★★★★★ Watched by Pike Bishop 10 Aug, 2014

In on of the most realistic dystopians ever, Cuaron gives us a great look at a future that doesn't seem so far away.

• Mathi LaRoche

★★★★★ Added by Mathi LaRoche

Stunning, horrifiying, breathtaking, stressful as fuck, beautiful acting, brilliant, amazing effect and sequences.

• Mohamed Saifuddin

★★★★★ Added by Mohamed Saifuddin

If this movie were a person, I'd marry it twice.