• John Katzmarek

★★★★★ Added by John Katzmarek

A timeless classic. A masterpiece that kept me invested the entire movie, which cannot be said of many movies from the time period (except maybe 12 Angry Men).

• bulletproofQpid

★★★ Watched by bulletproofQpid 27 Apr, 2016

"I always gagged on the silver spoon."

I'd never concerned myself with Citizen Kane before because it was always hyped as the greatest film ever, yet I thought it looked rather boring... My aunt gave me the 70th Anniversary Edition for Christmas though, so I decided to give it a watch.

While I can see how it changed a lot of how people saw films back in the time period in which it was made - The first section of…

• funnyguycris

Watched by funnyguycris 26 Apr, 2016

Somebody explain plz

• dsaenz1

★½ Watched by dsaenz1 22 Apr, 2016 1

I have to preface this critique with the fact that I really don't enjoy or appreciate old movies. That being said I only watched this movie for an assignment and out of curiousity since it is one of the top movies of all time. I just didn't get what all the hype was about. Other than the obvious in that it was groundbreaking for its time with its effects. I didn't enjoy the story, it was hard to follow and…

• Gareth Rees

★★★★½ Added by Gareth Rees

9.5/10.

• Maël Dussault

★★★★★ Watched by Maël Dussault 25 Apr, 2016

"This is such an overrated movie" - Said no one, ever

Everything is absolutely perfect. Don't know why I waited so long, maybe I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the expectations.

It contains the very best of cinematography, lighting, editing, performance and screenwriting.

• Nathanial00

★★★★★ Watched by Nathanial00 25 Apr, 2016

10/10
    After watching, Seven Samurai, earlier today I didn't think it would be possible to watch anything better than it. Well, I was wrong. And let me say that when I popped in Citizen Kane for the first time and watched it from beginning to end I was enthralled with this story. It is PERFECTION. Every single detail mentioned in the story is brought back, every character is fully fleshed out, not a scene wasted. My god every performance is…

• Robert_A

Watched by Robert_A 10 Mar, 2016

*o*

• Lucas Lucas

★★★★½ Watched by Lucas Lucas 23 Apr, 2016

the best biopic ever made made and it's about a man that never existed.
    it's even more amazing considering it's welles' first film
    9,9/10

• strongbelwas

★★★ Added by strongbelwas

I didn't enjoy it at all but I thought it was really good.

• Stephen Osborne

★★★★★ Watched by Stephen Osborne 01 Mar, 2016

Incredible that this was made in 1941. Before me mum was born!

While the film is great, what I also liked so much was that I could see in a new light so many modern day films that are influenced by this.

• AdriLopez

★★★★ Added by AdriLopez

Increíble. Una historia emocionante de principio a fin.