• Michael Audet

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Audet 21 Nov, 2014 3

"Now, really, Charles. People will think --"
    "What I tell them to think."

*insert joke about sleds here*

I have nothing new to say about Citizen Kane. But I love writing about film, and I love film, and I love Citizen Kane, so I might as well give it a shot.

Citizen Kane is, like many films of similar prestige, a victim of its own influence. Any film deemed the best ever made so universally is bound to be disappointing,…

• CinePersona

★★★★★ Added by CinePersona

I don't judge anyone who watches Citizen Kane and thinks it doesn't live up to the hype. That was me and The Godfather once upon a time. But it is simply a masterpiece of cinema by any standard. Welles was 25 years old when he made this his feature debut and yet he is full control of every aspect of the filmmaking process. Exhilarating to watch.

• Gunther Ramysen

★★★★★ Watched by Gunther Ramysen 17 Nov, 2014

The Ultimate movie, there don't need to be more words...

• Cedric

★★★★★ Added by Cedric

Much like Rosebud, this movie's meaning is very ambiguous, a film that leads each viewer to a different interpretation, all while completely revolutionizing the art of cinematography and how filmmakers create movies.

• jonbonraki

★★★★★ Watched by jonbonraki 14 Nov, 2014

#PART of Noir-November 9

• LiteYear

★★★★ Watched by LiteYear 15 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• James Healey

★★★½ Watched by James Healey 19 Sep, 2012

Obviously good for it's time but as a film, overrated but still enjoyable. A little confusing at times. Had the end spoilt which ruined it a little but not much.

• Stephenpbreeze

★★★ Rewatched by Stephenpbreeze 14 Nov, 2014

Citizen Kane "is the investigation of a man's inner self, through the works he has wrought, the words he has spoken, the many lives he has ruined." (Borges)
    Citizen Kane's towering technical and narrative achievements do not require repetition, but I found it easier to admire rather than love. I'm becoming sick and tired of masculine cinema's fixation with hysterical, nagging wives too.

• Glorbes

★★★★★ Rewatched by Glorbes 14 Nov, 2014 1

You know...this movie's pretty good!

• Samuel Alvarado

★★★★★ Watched by Samuel Alvarado 05 Nov, 2014

Ciudadano Kane es parte del montón pero es la primera en él ¡la de la cima!

• fox

★★★★★ Watched by fox 28 Jan, 2014

i love this movie so much. i love orson welles I LOVE THIS MOVIE I LOVE MOVIES

• Seth S.

★★★★½ Rewatched by Seth S. 07 Nov, 2014 5

I was probably about twelve when I first saw this movie. I wasn't that impressed back then. I realize now that I was mistaken.

"I don't think there's one word that can describe a mans life." 9/10