• Gilbert

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gilbert 27 Aug, 2015

Have seen this film multiple times before, but never on the big screen until now.

• scott

★★★½ Watched by scott 27 Aug, 2015 2

A good film that mostly just felt like it came from a bygone era. Huge props to Orson Welles for inventing great directing tho, forever in debt to the OG

• Dave Hill

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dave Hill 26 Aug, 2015

It would be presumptuous for me to comment on just about anything in this film, regarded as a true film classic. I will simply say that, yes, it is a film classic, well written, well filmed and directed.

Its only major flaw (if flaw it is, and it was, as far as my 15yo daughter was concerned) is that there's nobody to root for. The characters, Kane in particular, are all deeply flawed. That is one of the points, I…

• joshcurtis

Added by joshcurtis

Finally saw "the greatest movie of all time". Turns out... it might be the greatest movie I've ever seen. I loved it even more than I expected to. Wow. I'll have to allow myself to take this in over the next couple days.

• ExNihilo

★★★★★ Watched by ExNihilo 23 Aug, 2015

"A toast, Jedidiah, to love on my own terms. Those are the only terms anyone every knows -- his own."

• Ben Puszka

Watched by Ben Puszka 23 Aug, 2015 2

This is considered to be the one of the best films of all time?! I'm in disbelief! I have nothing against classic movies, I have nothing against older movies, and I don't care that a movie is in black and white. I even watched this on a flight and usually that means anything will entertain me. Yet this failed to do so and I have no clue why this movie is so highly regarded.

The story is an absolute bore. Acting is nothing special. Pacing was off. I just don't get it!

• Rafael Oliveira

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rafael Oliveira 22 Aug, 2015

Rever com os comentários do Roger Ebert foi ótimo! Tanta coisa que eu ainda não tinha notado.

Esse é mesmo O filme.

• Ana

★★★★½ Watched by Ana 22 Aug, 2015

not bad

• Eelinn

Added by Eelinn

Citizen Kane is said to be one of the most stunning achievements in filmmaking. It would be a dream to win an Oscar on your first feature length film you make as a filmmaker, and Orson Welles did it. He was not only the director but also the producer co-writer and an actor. Truly astonishing how one can keep up with all that work.

I was expecting a lot when I watched this film, as I've heard many great things…

• David Raposa

★★★★★ Rewatched by David Raposa 20 Aug, 2015

Larger than life in small rooms with low ceilings. Diminished in Xanadu, surrounded by history. (Insert astute / belabored parallels with Welles' career here.)

Things I noticed this time around (which I'm 99.9% sure is my first viewing of this since last century, when I was a college freshman taking an Intro To Film class in lieu of focusing on my "real" studies): The Gothic grandeur of the opening (& especially that shot of the nurse reflected in the broken…

• Jim Donahue

★★★★★ Added by Jim Donahue

Seeing this when I was an adolescent was when I realized movies could be more than entertainment.

• scotts2323