• Jordan Rowe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan Rowe 17 Sep, 2014

What's there left to say? "Citizen Kane" is a film ahead of its time that's still relevant today. Brilliant direction, terrific acting, and arguably the best-written character arc of all time. A masterpiece.

• Matt Johnston

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Johnston 09 Sep, 2014

Lives up to it's legacy. Liked it a lot!

• funsohng

★★★★★ Added by funsohng

Citizen Kane isn't a great film because some critics call it one of the "greatest films of all time"; it's a great film because it actually meets that praise.

• Shawn Stubbs

★★★★ Watched by Shawn Stubbs 16 Sep, 2014

The script, direction, and performances are all great and this certainly deserves a lot of the praise its received over the decades but, to be honest, I didn't think it lived up to its legendary status at the "greatest film of all time".

• alex_owen22

★★★★★ Added by alex_owen22

I'm a 90s baby but I was seriously impressed with how well structured the story was. I also loved the cinematography. The lighting helps portray the intended emotion.

• Khristopher Marang

★★★★★ Rewatched by Khristopher Marang 16 Sep, 2014

"I can remember everything. That's my curse, young man. It's one of the greatest curses that's ever been inflicted on the human race: memory."

"Old age. It's the only disease, Mr. Thompson, that you don't look forward to being cured of."

• natediggitydawg

★★★★★ Rewatched by natediggitydawg 09 Sep, 2014

One of the best films I have ever seen. The lighting and cinematography are excellent. I glean something new every time I watch this film.

• Wesleyjw

Added by Wesleyjw

I was particularly struck by the usage of deep focus throughout much of the film. In many scenes the actors were staged on different geometrical planes yet the focus allowed for the facial expressions of each actor to be viewed with surprising clarity.

• Fernando Maldonado

★★★★½ Rewatched by Fernando Maldonado 14 Sep, 2014

My first viewing since Intro to Film Studies - Fall 2009, followed immediately by another with Roger Ebert as my guide on the DVD commentary.

Ebert notes that Citizen Kane retains an air of mystery that keeps it just out of grasp, much like Kane himself. While I greatly admire and enjoy the film, I still find myself struggling to endeavor past its colossal reputation to fall in love with it on my own terms.

• Viv

★★★★★ Watched by Viv 02 Sep, 2014

The original Wolf of Wall Street, only with much, much better mise en scene.

• Thomas Lewry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Thomas Lewry 14 Sep, 2014

Saw the greatest film ever made on the big screen. Cinematic utopia.

"What would you have liked to have been?"
    "Everything you hate"