• SpeedinUptoStop

★★★★½ Watched by SpeedinUptoStop 24 Nov, 2014

That Welles co-wrote, produced, directed and starred in his debut film and it turned out as well as it does is the equivalent of breaking the home run record in the first game of the season.

• Udian

★★★★ Watched by Udian 15 Nov, 2014

Very powerful film. Sets were awesome and the dialogues impressive.

• Lucas Rafael Andrade

★★★★★ Watched by Lucas Rafael Andrade 24 Nov, 2014

• Heretic

★★★ Watched by Heretic 23 Nov, 2014

The psychology is primitive, but the surface is dazzling. Easy to enjoy.

• Franco

★★★★★ Rewatched by Franco 23 Nov, 2014

"Well, it's no trick to make a lot of money... if what you want to do is make a lot of money."

That Toland cinematography. Those dissolves. Mr Joseph Cotten. The Bernard Hermann score.

Greatest biopic of all time?

• MovieMan23

★★★★★ Added by MovieMan23

Just as great as it's made out to be.

• milaneri

★★★★ Added by milaneri

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Beck

★★★★★ Watched by Beck 20 Nov, 2014

Citizen Kane is heralded as one of the greats; a film that when you watch it you feel as though you turned up late to the party. Countless orations and writings on this film already exist so how is mine, just adding to the tide, going to change? This film is one of the cement foundations that cinema history is built upon, the shining beacon that film holds up to everyone else to prove it as an art.

Orson Welles…

• Michael Audet

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Audet 21 Nov, 2014 4

"Now, really, Charles. People will think --"
    "What I tell them to think."

*insert joke about sleds here*

I have nothing new to say about Citizen Kane. But I love writing about film, and I love film, and I love Citizen Kane, so I might as well give it a shot.

Citizen Kane is, like many films of similar prestige, a victim of its own influence. Any film deemed the best ever made so universally is bound to be disappointing,…

• CinePersona

★★★★★ Added by CinePersona

I don't judge anyone who watches Citizen Kane and thinks it doesn't live up to the hype. That was me and The Godfather once upon a time. But it is simply a masterpiece of cinema by any standard. Welles was 25 years old when he made this his feature debut and yet he is full control of every aspect of the filmmaking process. Exhilarating to watch.

• Gunther Ramysen

★★★★★ Watched by Gunther Ramysen 17 Nov, 2014

The Ultimate movie, there don't need to be more words...

• Cedric

★★★★★ Added by Cedric

Much like Rosebud, this movie's meaning is very ambiguous, a film that leads each viewer to a different interpretation, all while completely revolutionizing the art of cinematography and how filmmakers create movies.