• Mac Harrigan

★★★★★ Watched by Mac Harrigan 05 Feb, 2016

I'm not going to act like there aren't hundreds of thousands of other reviews for this film. All I'm going to say was that it wasn't what I expected, but it definitely lived up to the hype that it has.

• Joshua Correll

★★★★ Rewatched by Joshua Correll 04 Feb, 2016

Formally, this is a masterpiece. I still don't ever connect emotionally to the material in a way that makes me really love the film, but Welles was a genius in acting, writing and directing.

• Rodney

★½ Watched by Rodney 06 Feb, 2016

*snores*

• Carl

★★★★ Watched by Carl 06 Feb, 2016

The longer I watched this movie the more I began to appreciate the greatness of Kane. Certain scenes reminded me of the Great Gatsby.

• Paik Jin Teoh

★★★★ Added by Paik Jin Teoh

Citizen Kane amazed with quite a lot of technical aspects of the film. Whether it be the superb acting Orson Welles and his supporting cast, the beautiful character and emotion-focused cinematography or the impressive sets and make up. It's also a very good commentary on media and power.

Citizen Kane's story is very focused on the titular character, Charlie Kane. Although it starts out a bit slow and leaves you wondering about whether there is any substance on a movie…

• Elva

Added by Elva

I watched this movie a couple years ago. it was worth while. I really enjoyed it for an older movie. Orson Wells did a great job.

• 61eRmovie

★★★★½ Added by 61eRmovie

one of the most influential movie in film history in both story telling and film making style

grading:
    how much I like it (50): 44
    how good it is (50): 49

overall (100): 93

61eR ®

• Parker

★★★★★ Rewatched by Parker 04 Feb, 2016

I think it's a hair better than Vertigo, but that's just me.

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★★★½ Watched by Jordan McLaughlin 04 Feb, 2016

pretty cool.

• framptonhollis

★★★★★ Added by framptonhollis

A fantastic mystery drama that has become one of the most acclaimed and iconic of all movies.

• Kait

★★★★ Watched by Kait 03 Feb, 2016 1

I was pretty excited to watch this, since it's widely regarded as the best film of all time, but honestly, it didn't like...blow me away or anything. it was still really good!! I enjoyed it a lot (even though it was hard to hear in class). but yeah, I guess that sort of thing happens when something is held to such a high standard.

• Eric Dekowski

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eric Dekowski 04 Feb, 2016

What does one even say about Citizen Kane which hasn't already been said? The editing! The cinematography! The screenplay! The performances!

I guess one thing I can really emphasize is just how entertaining a film Orson Welles made. Citizen Kane is both extremely quotable ("You know, Mr. Bernstein, if I hadn't been very rich, I might have been a really great man." "I don't think there's one word that can describe a man's life." and of course, "Rosebud...") and extremely…