• Sam

★★★★★ Watched by Sam 28 May, 2015

Loved this movie. It was definitely ahead of its time when it was created, but I thought the story was very well done. I loved that Orson Welles made sure that the person who was speaking was the one the audience focused on. The shadows were used quite well through the movie. Everyone else in the scene had their back to the camera or their faces were hidden in shadows.

• Gaydn Deceased

★★★★★ Watched by Gaydn Deceased 29 May, 2015

Bla bla bla

• tpkulovitz

★★★★★ Watched by tpkulovitz 27 May, 2015

Towering above the film world like a gigantic behemoth, "Citizen Kane" is a marvel in style, character study, and the absolute genius of Orson Welles.

• dharmaabum

★★★★½ Watched by dharmaabum 27 May, 2015

Reminded me why I love the movies so much.

• walterporto

★★★★★ Rewatched by walterporto 24 May, 2015

A cada revisão, um deslumbramento novo.

• JC13

★★★★ Rewatched by JC13 11 May, 2015

Honestly I didn't like it as much this time. It's wonderfully made, but I just don't get why it's hailed as the greatest film of all time by some. I mean it's good, but it's not that good. 7.5/10

• cblaze

★★★★★ Rewatched by cblaze 25 May, 2015

Film #25 of the "Scavenger Hunt #2" Challenge

letterboxd.com/cblaze/list/scavenger-hunt-2/

Task #28. A film that changed my mind of opinion about something

Why does this film qualify? Citizen Kane changed my mind about what films are - it changed me from a passive viewer to an active viewer - films are not just stories but a sum of all the parts in the filmmaking process

Who is Charles Foster Kane? What is 'rosebud'? Is he 'rosebud'? Or is he a sum…

• Michael Ray

★★★★ Watched by Michael Ray 15 May, 2015

I mean..... like....... do I really need to say anything???

• Emm C

Watched by Emm C 23 May, 2015

Yeah, it's good.

• Aditya Gm

★★★★★ Added by Aditya Gm

Many people call citizen kane " the greatest movie ever" , but there is no way this film can beat the godfather, no way. This film is great charecter study and and excellent non linear story and probably the greatest debut film ever. Orson welles is a role model for every filmmaker in the world. A great classic.

• Ryan St. Hilaire

★★½ Added by Ryan St. Hilaire

Certainly don't love this movie, and i don't really like it all that much to be honest. But i sure do appreciate the hard work and dedication put into it. The technical aspects are great for the time, but the story bored the hell out of me. One of those films i don't like that others love. Not even close to being one of my favorites, and honestly will never watch it again.

• Doc_Chicken

★★★★★ Added by Doc_Chicken

Truly the work of a visionary, Citizen Kane deconstructs the medium piece by piece only to reconstruct it in a way that has retained every bit of its brilliance and wonder nearly 75 years later. Oh, and by the way. Orson Welles was 25 when he made this movie.