• Vincent Mollica

★★★★★ Watched by Vincent Mollica 24 Jan, 2015

A fun little sleeper! Check it out if you ever get the chance, I thought it killed some time and then some!

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

It took me almost 5 years to watch this movie, I started watching Citizen Kane in 2007, and I stopped at certain scene. In this huge period I learned so much about this movie, that watching it in one instant-go was impossible. I wanted to study each scene; and believe it or not, I just finished it in year 2012.

Orson Welles was just 25 years old when he wrote, directed, produced and starred in this great classic movie (now…

• Chris Lay

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Lay 24 Jan, 2015

"I don't think there's one word that can describe a mans life."

• Eric Barroso

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eric Barroso 24 Jan, 2015

Really no point in me writing anything coherent on this, so I'll just transfer some notes I wrote down after the screening:

-The "News on the March" sequence sets the tone for the thematic structure of the film, in that a chronological telling of a man's public achievements is meaningless, what matters are the people and emotions that make up the life.

-This fits in with the jigsaw puzzles later, each piece of information being added by the other people…

• Brad Avery

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brad Avery 23 Jan, 2015

I'll have to come back to this and add more later, but this is about the 4th or 5th time I've seen Kane, and every time it's even better. This time it was on a rather nice, if scratched, 35mm print at the Harvard Film Archive in Cambridge.

So much has been said about the technical innovations that people seem to forget how emotional this film is. It's stressful and physically draining. I was supposed to stay for Chimes at…

• FilmLandEmpire

★★★½ Watched by FilmLandEmpire 23 Jan, 2015

I watched it with an open-mind, well aware of its status.

Technically it is a wonder, still now, and you don't need to know much about the history of cinema to appreciate it.

From a narrative point of view, I find it only intermittently engaging. I love the first and the last twenty minutes, which I find very moving, but it meanders a little in between.

• Eldon Byers

★★★½ Watched by Eldon Byers 22 Jan, 2015

I think that the story is a bit slow at times, but it has a great amount of film techniques that at the time were so innovative and it's easy to learn a lot about it.

Will be watching again to write an analysis paper and will have more thoughts then.

• Daniel Aaron Wolfe

★★★ Watched by Daniel Aaron Wolfe 23 Jan, 2015

Well, it's no Citizen Kane.

• Ignacio Montalvo

★★★★ Watched by Ignacio Montalvo 20 Jan, 2015

Cuesta creer que Orson Wells hiciera esto con sólo 25 años.

• ivan_x3000

★★★★★ Added by ivan_x3000

I was traveling for like 12 hours on the plane yesterday so i finally got around to watching Citizen Kane for the first time. All i gotta say is mind blown i don't think i've seen anything like this before, i feel bad for not giving it more of a chance the first time around. There's something grand and epic in this film, a timeless a quality. The same could also be said about its titular character Charles Foster Kane.…

• Andrew

★★★½ Watched by Andrew 20 Feb, 2008

I'd like to start out by saying what I think is "Citizen Kane's" biggest downfall and that would be the hype. If you're a movie fan, be it at an intense level or just a casual one, then you've heard nothing else you're entire life than: "Citizen Kane is the greatest movie ever made!". Now when you hear nothing else but that line repeated over and over and then finally one day you say to yourself, "What the hell, if…

• Sachin Dharwadker

★★★★★ Added by Sachin Dharwadker

No need to write anything about this movie.