• Alan Jones

★½ Watched by Alan Jones 08 Oct, 2015

Where to start?

Undoubtedly well directed, innovative camera shots, use of light and shade, etc. you can see its huge influence still today.

However, it's really DULL. I had to force myself to finish it. Acting and dialogue is adequate at best. Characters I just didn't care about. Was I supposed to care about Kane? His childhood? His wives? His sledge? And sorry, but that Rosebud thing is a really weak thread. That whole thing was a cop out. I know people can argue passionately why this is the greatest movie of all time, but not to me it ain't.

• anshin

★★★★½ Watched by anshin 07 Oct, 2015

really good. i was thinking it would end differently however, maybe with a flashback to the snow from the beginning. its weird how the narrative you have built up in your mind about what a movie will be like through it permeating through popular culture and then you finally watch it and its almost like a sense of deja vu, as if you've seen it before and then it's interesting to see how it both meets and diverts from your expectations.

• Isaac Rosso Klakovich

★★★★★ Watched by Isaac Rosso Klakovich 04 Oct, 2015

I wish that I could offer up a new opinion on “Citizen Kane,” but I can’t, as there were times I found myself simply smiling while watching it for I knew that I was watching the greatest film of all time. Orson Welles put together every aspect of cinema to create as close to a perfect film as has ever been made.

It isn’t just that it is an incredible film, but the fact that it revolutionized cinema. While its…

• wanaka

★★★★★ Added by wanaka

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Εδώ και δεκαετίες έχει στοιχίσει πολύ στο αριστούργημα αυτό ο βαρύς τίτλος της καλύτερης ταινίας όλων των εποχών που του απονέμεται κάθε λίγο από αμέτρητα στόματα "ειδικών". Το στέμμα αυτό έχει κάνει την ταινία να φαντάζει επικίνδυνη για κάποιον που την προσεγγίζει πρώτη φορά, ενώ κριτικοί που την επικαλούνται διαρκώς ανάμεσα σε τόνους παρωχημένου σινεμά που πρέπει σόνι και ντε να γίνει τοτέμ επειδή πήρε το βραβείο στις Κάννες το 196? κτλπ, μάλλον την δυσφημούν , παρά ενθαρρύνουν το σύγχρονο…

• Jeroen Blom

★★★★ Watched by Jeroen Blom 06 Oct, 2015

Every time I watch this film I appreciate the technical innovations a little more and enjoy watching it a little less.

Recensieopdracht filmgeschiedenis 2014-1015

Sommige films zijn in zo verstrengeld geraakt met bepaalde toevallige omstandigheden of bijkomende gebeurtenissen dat het vrijwel onmogelijk is om hen nog los daarvan te bespreken: Taxi Driver (Martin Scorsese; 1976) en de moordaanslag op Ronald Reagan; The Interview (Evan Goldberg & Seth Rogen; 2014) en de Noord-Koreaanse boycot en Sony-hack; Citizen Kane en de status…

• Daan Janssens

★★ Rewatched by Daan Janssens 06 Oct, 2015 3

Nu hier is een film die jarenlang geprezen wordt als een van de beste films ooit gemaakt. Natuurlijk ga ik dan het liefst in op waar de film het minst in slaagt. Het vertellen van een verhaal. Het hoofdpersonage, Foster Kane, legt een zeer rechte lijn af in het verhaal. In de film wordt een poging gedaan van een zeer objectieve blik op Kane’s leven een subjectieve blik te maken. Maar zowel de karakters in de film, als de filmmaker…

• Michiel Venmans

★★★½ Rewatched by Michiel Venmans 06 Oct, 2015

Verhaal heeft me nooit weten te pakken. Niettemin knappe film.

• Casper de Geus

★★★★ Watched by Casper de Geus 06 Oct, 2015 2

Ik wou hier een review plaatsen maar aangezien we al 2u over elk element van de film hebben geklapt denk ik dat het overbodig is.

• Jonathan Van Hemelrijck

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jonathan Van Hemelrijck 06 Oct, 2015

Bertju <3

• Lenny Rosbach

★★★½ Added by Lenny Rosbach

Bruh, do you even rosebud?

• RagingTaxiDriver

★★★★½ Rewatched by RagingTaxiDriver 06 Oct, 2015

How many more times must I watch this in film classes?

But anyways, Welles' charisma doesn't just show on the screen but it bleeds through his lens as a director as well.

• Jeremy Lee