• Johann Rucker

★★★★½ Watched by Johann Rucker 26 Feb, 2015

I loved it, but it's essentially just "being rich isn't what it's made out to be" which is pretty fucking boring. The characters and Welles' presence save it.

• Matthew Bailey

★★★★★ Added by Matthew Bailey

Deserves every accolade.

• Jacob McQueen

★½ Watched by Jacob McQueen 12 Jul, 0735

No color! No problem!

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josiah Morgan 27 Feb, 2015 5

The epitome of American cinema.

• Jez Meyer

★★★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

Innovative storytelling at its finest, with some typically brilliant experimental shots coupled with an equally brilliant performance from Welles himself. Revolutionary.

• M.K. Nielsen

★★★★½ Watched by M.K. Nielsen 26 Feb, 2015

It took me 21 and a half years to finally watch this. It took Welles 26 to make it.

That doesn't make me feel like a piece of shit at all...

• Eric Zavinski

★★★★★ Watched by Eric Zavinski 22 Feb, 2015

I've always wanted to see this most critically acclaimed movie of all time, and I'm sure glad now that I got around to it!
    For any moviegoer or even amateur film critic, it's easy and simple to see why this film is heralded as such a timeless classic; it's still such a ride to go on even nearly three quarters of a century after its release.
    Even compared to modern, contemporary releases, Citizen Kane trumps those with some of the…

• Matt

★★★★★ Watched by Matt 20 Feb, 2015

Up until this point in time I could have been hit by a bus and never fully seen Citizen Kane.

I know most young cinephiles will complain that it is long, overrated, boring, etc. and it can sort of drag but goddammit it's a masterpiece and deserves the overhype that it gets. I can't say there will never be anything like this film again because the amount of influence in style, cinematography, direction, acting, and effect on the studio system has probably effected every filmmaker since it's release.

• sschuster

★★★★★ Rewatched by sschuster 21 Feb, 2015

4K DCP. I don't care what the BFI poll say's, I still think this is the best film of all time (or, at least, the best American film of all time). This was Welles at the top of his game with EVERYTHING. He would never have this much creative control again, nor would he ever make a film that would top this.

• Nick Kline

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Kline 21 Feb, 2015 4

pretty good.

• Curtis

★★★★½ Rewatched by Curtis 17 Feb, 2015

I have nothing new to add about Citizen Kane so I'm posting links to these wonderful meta-reviews instead:

letterboxd.com/ptabro/film/citizen-kane/

letterboxd.com/rupertpupkin94/film/citizen-kane/1/

• Liam McConnell

★★★★★ Watched by Liam McConnell 16 Oct, 2014

There's nothing I can say about 'Citizen Kane" that hasn't already been said. If I could give it 6 out of 5 stars, I would.

Bye.