• TopDogMen

★★★★★ Added by TopDogMen

rose..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................bud 420blazemyfriend 8)

• Robert Laird

½ Added by Robert Laird

shit

• Ethan Rosenberg

Rewatched by Ethan Rosenberg 18 Dec, 2014 2

You haven't seen Citizen Kane until you've seen it with Roger Ebert's commentary track.

• Kely Lucena

★★★★★ Watched by Kely Lucena 15 Dec, 2014

ROSEBUD

• Jeremy Ng

Added by Jeremy Ng

Mr. Kane was a man who got everything he wanted and then lost it.

• wildlark

★★★★½ Watched by wildlark 29 Oct, 2014

...eh, it's okay.

Claire's A Film A Day, 2014

• onemarathon

★★★ Rewatched by onemarathon 12 Dec, 2014

It's confirmed.... I still rate Casablanca over Citizen Kane. Bogey beats Welles in my book. Or Curtiz over Welles, if you want to talk about directors.

On this second viewing, many years after my first, I still didn't understand this movie's reputation as the best ever. Sure, it has its merits.... dramatic use of lighting and camera angles; and elaborate sets and effects (like matte paintings) to create impressive shots. But the visually impressive stuff aside, I just couldn't get…

• Anthony Beaulieu

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Beaulieu

That shrieking cockatoo may very well be the finest character in cinematic history.

• Steve "The Schmuck" Pulaski

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steve "The Schmuck" Pulaski 10 Dec, 2014

Rewatched for my mass media and society class, making this my third viewing overall. Was amazed to see the class (comprised of kids ages eighteen to twenty) all stayed awake and walked out humbly at the end of it all. A two and a half hour discussion of the film comes tomorrow, so all will be revealed then.

As for the film, it's still incredible and arguably the most important film ever made (notice I didn't say "greatest" because screw that term). Also further proves my point that men should just forgo women all together and just buy a cat.

• Christopher Runyon

★★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Runyon 10 Dec, 2014

Hey, I dunno if you've heard of this one, but it's pretty great.

• JPC

★★★★½ Added by JPC

The impression Kane leaves me on what I believe is my third viewing, maybe more, is that Welles does an amazing job of pacing. It always bugs me when people complain about pacing in early films, but Kane actually moves quicker than most modern films. He crams through unique cuts and different story perspectives very quickly in an amazing small amount of time creating a deep level of understanding that we don't particularly have in many films of that time…

• Joe Koski

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Koski 08 Dec, 2014

*insert review of Citizen Kane that hasn't already been stated before*

Nothing else needs to be said other than it's 10x better than The Godfather. Perfect.