• Dale Ryan Scott Hutchinson : Just some guy who's G key don't work as well as the other keys
  • Jordan Alford

★★★★★ Added by Jordan Alford

Citizen Kane is the only film that I can't watch without crying. It a truly heartbreaking film about a man who was robbed of his childhood in order to insure that he had a successful life a head of him. It's profundity and ambiguity are unmathced by any other film before or after it. It is the only film that I have ever seen that I truly believe is perfect.

• The Movie King

★★★★½ Rewatched by The Movie King 28 Mar, 2015 1

Letters to the Director #6

To Mr. Orson Welles,

I'm sorry. I'm truly truly sorry. Sorry for not understanding this colossal masterpiece that many critics recognize as the greatest movie ever made when I first took a look at the film a few years prior. I don't know if it was the overhype of the film that caused me to initially dislike the film, or was trying too hard at figuring out what the mystery behind the notorious "Rosebud" twist…

• Ron Spencer

★★★★★ Watched by Ron Spencer 28 Mar, 2015

Yes, it's all that its supposed to be. Multiple narrators, some of them contained in another's story. Brilliant camera work, especially for the time it was filmed. An ensemble cast working flawlessly together as theater friends only can (Welles' Mercury players are featured here.) Creates its own mythology, symbolism, pace, narrative techniques, tricks and tropes.
    Certainly worth revisiting.
    Welles' performance is one for the history books alone.
    Let's see . . zooming over vistas of splendor and ruin, shouting newsreel…

• eugenen

★★★★★ Rewatched by eugenen 22 Mar, 2015

The remarkable thing about the identity of "Rosebud" is that: (1) when you learn what it is, the mystery is deepened rather than solved; (2) that doesn't make it any less satisfying or cathartic as resolution; (3) its power doesn't remotely diminish with knowing the answer in advance.

• Cactus Matt

★★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

Hardly perfection though admittedly worthy of admiration, it’s a well made film but the story is lacking and the acting from those other than Orson Welles is stiff.

• David Gutierrez

★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

Citizen Kane may be one of the most influential movies ever made, with huge technical contributions to cinema and with the invention of a non-linear way of storytelling, but it has important narrative problems and it lacks a compelling story and emotion. The introduction, while great at the beginning, is excessively long. Kane's past is not entretaining to watch and the quest for Rosebud seems a little silly. And there are some scenes at the second half of the film…

• Jacob Van Houtan

★★★★★ Watched by Jacob Van Houtan 26 Mar, 2015

This is the best film ever made. Don't argue. It did it best and it did it first.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Yes, it's one of the best movies ever made.

• Craig Dawson

★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Dawson 11 Mar, 2015

Following the death of a publishing tycoon, news reporters scramble to discover the meaning of his final utterance.

Everyone knows about Citizen Kane by now. Only the second time I've seen it and it certainly grew on me this time around. The main reason why this is seen as a classic is that it was made so differently to anything that had come before it, the camera angles that were used were unique and the use of deep focus hadn't…

• William Saints

★★★★½ Watched by William Saints 22 Mar, 2015

No me creí el final. No.

• grueny

★★★★ Added by grueny

The classic of all classics, amazing film making that changed cinema forever. At the same time, this film has been talked about so much and referenced so much that my expectations were just too high and I knew too much! Once I studied the film I appreciated it more!