• Forrest Cardamenis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Forrest Cardamenis 29 Jul, 2014

Guys

This movie is really good. Like, *really* good.

• Eòghann MacLeòid

★★★★★ Watched by Eòghann MacLeòid 28 Jul, 2014

What can I say about this film that hasn't been said a hundred times over by others?

Needless to say it is one of the best films I've ever seen.

• Ria

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ria 26 Jul, 2014

Another rewatch, another exposure to Dorothy Comingore's wince-inducing "acting"

• Jon Wiemer

★★★★ Watched by Jon Wiemer 10 Feb, 2014

Best film ever made. The end.

• JJ

★★★★★ Watched by JJ 08 Apr, 2014

Citizen Kane is, without at doubt, a cinematic masterpiece. It is brilliantly filmed and acted. It is the perfect example of a film where nothing is superfluous--every single element contributes to the big picture of what the film is about: an empty life.

But I really can't say that I "liked" the film very much. The story is very depressing and there really are no likable characters. Still, I can see why many consider it one of the greatest films ever made

• thonika

★★★★★ Added by thonika

it may not be your favorite movie, but it is justifiably the greatest film ever

• Eri

★★★★★ Watched by Eri 22 Jul, 2014

Well, you've already heard everything there is to say about Citizen Kane so I can't give you anything new, but my fucking God--what an adventure to experience. Sometimes, I don't even care about the story of Kane or his legacy or the mystery surrounding "Rosebud," I just want to look at the film due to its unparalleled craftsmanship. What a treat to have it in 4K resolution.

• TheRantAsArt

★★★★★ Rewatched by TheRantAsArt 20 Jul, 2014

Hailed as one of the greatest films ever made, Orson Welles' 1941 debut certainly stands out among films of the period, and even among modern films. It's unique not only in its appearance, utilizing deep focus and gorgeous lighting, but also in its storytelling style, editing and camerawork. Welles did things in his directorial debut that NOBODY was doing in Hollywood pictures at the time, but by the end of the 1940s almost all major productions had adopted aspects of…

• Julius

★★★★★ Rewatched by Julius 20 Jul, 2014

"Maybe he told us all about himself on his deathbed."

"Yeah, maybe he didn't."

• Kevin Huang

★★★★★ Added by Kevin Huang

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 19 Jul, 2014

"Rosebud". This masterpiece is about a news conglomerate leader dies, leaving behind a mystery about his life, and how he became the man he was. News reporters interview his acquaintances to find some kind of resolution. This movie is a master class film with jaw drooping scenes like the opening scene when Mr. Kane is in bed holding a snow globe he his hand and then before he died he whisper the words "Rosebud" and dies, and that's just the opening to the movie. The directing is fantastic but the actors in the film was the best part of this cult classic.

• MONDONGO

★★★★ Added by MONDONGO

its citizen kane, some of the acting from joesph cotten irked me though