• Robert Dixon

★★★½ Watched by Robert Dixon 20 Jul, 2014

Way better than it has any right to be. The highlight of the film, Tim Curry's monologue, would be grating if it was short, but as it goes on and on and on it achieves comedic greatness. The film also benefits from its resonances with Murder on the Orient Express.

• Taylor Cole

★★★★½ Rewatched by Taylor Cole 28 Oct, 2014

I think I figured out just what makes this movie so special. From top to bottom, this thing is perfectly calibrated as to move at breakneck speed. The murderers and victims are arranged with mathematical precision, the setups and punchlines come hard and fast, and the endgame, while deliberately obscured in the abstract, is clear from the beginning. It's practically a procedural, both in the criminal and comic senses.

And yet (and here's the special part), it comes off as…

• Mrs. DeSol

★★★½ Added by Mrs. DeSol

Do you have to be a child of the 80s to appreciate this? A very goofy, tongue-in-cheek movie; the writers, director, actors, etc. all create a very self-aware story; they clearly know what a risk they're taking, and it works!

In comedic improv, there's a phrase called "yes, and" - an idea that the actors on stage will take whatever phrase or incident thrown at them and go with it, no matter what. This movie is the very definition of "yes, and"!

• jconneringalls

★★★★★ Added by jconneringalls

Easily one of my favorite films of all time.

• Lilias

★★★★½ Rewatched by Lilias 18 Oct, 2014

So good. So funny.

• RobertW

★★½ Watched by RobertW 18 Oct, 2014

One star for Tim Curry, and another half of a star for every ending.

• Asaaf00

★★★★½ Rewatched by Asaaf00 17 Oct, 2014

One of my absolute favorite comedies.

• Jesse Loughborough

★★½ Rewatched by Jesse Loughborough 02 Oct, 2014

Funny but ultimately pretty empty. Some nice moments.

• dee reynolds

★★★★★ Added by dee reynolds

GREATEST

• Joe DiCanio

★★½ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 31 Aug, 2014

Rating: C

• GBHatch

★★★★ Watched by GBHatch 04 Oct, 2014

It was me, GBHatch, in my living room, with the keyboard. I wrote this review because "I had flames...flames...on the side of my face." I was so angry. So angry...I had never seen this film before. Everyone has played the board game countless times, with never ending combinations of "It was Person X, in Room Y, with the Weapon Z." One of my personal favorite board games, second only to Monopoly, its "Clue".

"Clue" tells the story of 6 people,…

• Roy-Petter K. Johansen

★★★ Rewatched by Roy-Petter K. Johansen 15 Aug, 2014

More fun than playing the actual boardgame! :)
    I don't know what my favourite moment is: it's either the singing telegram girl or Madeleine Kahn's breakdown.