• Heretic

Watched by Heretic 12 Dec, 2014

I slept but woke up for the ending which I enjoyed.

• Paul Robinson

★★★½ Rewatched by Paul Robinson 11 Dec, 2014

Based on the game Cluedo this comedy whodunit sees six people invited to a remote house for dinner. They meet Wadsworth the butler played by the amazing Tim Curry. A great light hearted mystery-comedy that’s plenty of fun to watch. Interestingly, this film has three endings and different theatres showed different versions of the film on its original release.

• Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

★★★★ Added by Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

Same Vein as Murder by death

• Abi

★★★★★ Watched by Abi 06 Dec, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Shelby

★★★★★ Rewatched by Shelby 02 Dec, 2014

Tim Curry is a godsend.

• ndoane

★★★★ Watched by ndoane 29 Nov, 2014

That was a delightfully creative comedy. My favorite was Lesley Ann Warren's facial reactions. Although I don't know how Warren's dress staid up through the whole movie. And Madeline Kahn has some great noises through out. I also love the exasperated non-reaction that everyone has to the last three dead bodies.

Even the potty humor, "oui oui", landed for me.

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★½ Watched by Keith LaFountaine 26 Nov, 2014 1

If Battleship is an example of what not to do when adapting a board game into a film, Clue is an example of what you should do. It's funny, entertaining, and witty. Tim Curry is perfect, as always, and the rest of the cast has great chemistry.

• Sandy

Added by Sandy

Wow, I miss Madeline Kahn. "Flames..." my favorite moment in the film! She stole the show in 20 words or less and wasn't even on camera for all of them. I'm still smiling about it. My second favorite part in the movie is with her in the study, on the couch, with Mr. Body.

If it weren't for the line up of great comedic actors and the super silliness of it all, I'd be as frustrated with this movie as…

• Nathan Diaz

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Diaz 23 Nov, 2014

This is a really fun and a surprisingly witty film that is based on a board game (which I'm gonna say the opposite for Battleship next time).
    Plus, Tim Curry is the one that stealed the show, and the other cast were just having fun with their characters, and that's a good thing.
    And I personally loved all three of the endings, they're so quotable that it doesn't really matter to me which is a better ending.
    If you can…

• MovieMan23

★★★★ Added by MovieMan23

A great movie to watch with your friends.

• Kevin Huang

★★★★★ Watched by Kevin Huang 23 Nov, 2014

"Who would want to kill the cook?

Dinner wasn't that bad."

I can't believe this movie exists, and with a star-studded cast, no less. The setup isn't the most exciting, but once the heads start rolling it's great fun watching the guests fumble about the funhouse. Tim Curry's frantic performance predictably stands out, though the rest of the cast also excel in their roles. Clue would have worked wonderfully as a play given the recurring sets and pun-filled script, though…

• Signora Fosca

★★★★½ Watched by Signora Fosca 10 Sep, 2013

A classic. I mean, I'm so partial to this film but the script, upon re-watch after re-watch is so layered and funny and brilliantly uses it's obvious tie-in restrictions to absolute parodic hilarity. The performances are spot-on, especially from Kahn and Curry. The entire ensemble works though to essentially capture the spirit of the genre being spoofed with their own comedic spin. Unbeknownst to 80's movie-goers as well as the cast and crew, but a remarkable classic was born!