• invalidpeer

★★★½ Rewatched by invalidpeer 22 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mumbles

★★★½ Watched by Mumbles 02 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• tavomama

★★★★★ Watched by tavomama 02 Sep, 2014 1

And Then There Were Fewer People On The Premises

• Mel S

★★★½ Watched by Mel S 02 Sep, 2008

Really good at times, kind of weirded me out how similar it was to Murder By Death but I suppose the whole murder mystery genre would be quite similar.

• tfbundy

★★★½ Watched by tfbundy 01 Sep, 2014

Finally sat down to watch this after having only seen glimpses over the years. Of course I feel silly having procrastinated as this is, as its cult classic status would seem to confirm, ninety-minutes of mad-cap fun that proves, long before people were bitching about Battleship and Candy Land, that it is possible to make a movie based on a board game. The adaptation is at times awkward, especially in the scene where Lee Ving gives the guests gift wrapped…

• nicksav

★★½ Added by nicksav

Despite spirited performances (particularly that of Tim Curry) this was an early example of why board games do not make good material for a movie.

• Jamie

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jamie 30 Aug, 2014

I'm moving back into my old bedroom and so the first movie I decided to play while I moved furniture is of course my favorite movie.

• Lee Towler

★★★½ Watched by Lee Towler 29 Aug, 2014

I don't think I've ever seen comedy done as deadpan as this, it's honestly been done so perfectly that half the time I can't tell if it is genuine or not. This could be the most genius display of dry humour ever or the dumbest movie ever made, either way it's pretty damn hilarious. There are moments in the movie where you can see that the other actors never saw some of the jokes coming, and the improv of this…

• Manolis

★★★★½ Watched by Manolis 17 Aug, 2014

Το ό,τι μέχρι το τέλος καταφέρνει να βγάζει νόημα (τι λέω, να βγάζει ΤΡΙΑ νοήματα) σαν κανονικό murder mystery είναι θαύμα από μόνο του.

• kubrickselfies

★★★★★ Watched by kubrickselfies 27 Aug, 2014

omfg

• Alex Owens

★★★ Watched by Alex Owens 22 Aug, 2014

It absolutely captures the spirit of the board game and in that respect it might be the best board game movie adaptation. A wholly entertaining film with lots of laughs and a pretty solid cast. I just can't get over that I didn't care about anything that was happening, who would die next or who did it.

• Travis Lytle

★★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Lytle 16 Aug, 2014 3

Quick-moving, breathlessly amusing, and fully entertaining, Jonathan Lynn's "Clue" is, simply, great. A film based on a popular board game from a time when turning toys into movies was novel, "Clue" weaves wit, carefully choreographed physical comedy, and a touch of naughtiness into piece of work that is one or two moments away from being a perfect comedy. Nonetheless, "Clue" is endlessly fun.

The film is never coy about its conceit, relishing in its source material by putting its cast…