• Nathan Diaz

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Diaz 23 Nov, 2014

This is a really fun and a surprisingly witty film that is based on a board game (which I'm gonna say the opposite for Battleship next time).
    Plus, Tim Curry is the one that stealed the show, and the other cast were just having fun with their characters, and that's a good thing.
    And I personally loved all three of the endings, they're so quotable that it doesn't really matter to me which is a better ending.
    If you can…

• MovieMan23

★★★★ Added by MovieMan23

A great movie to watch with your friends.

• Kevin Huang

★★★★★ Watched by Kevin Huang 23 Nov, 2014

"Who would want to kill the cook?

Dinner wasn't that bad."

I can't believe this movie exists, and with a star-studded cast, no less. The setup isn't the most exciting, but once the heads start rolling it's great fun watching the guests fumble about the funhouse. Tim Curry's frantic performance predictably stands out, though the rest of the cast also excel in their roles. Clue would have worked wonderfully as a play given the recurring sets and pun-filled script, though…

• Signora Fosca

★★★★½ Watched by Signora Fosca 10 Sep, 2013

A classic. I mean, I'm so partial to this film but the script, upon re-watch after re-watch is so layered and funny and brilliantly uses it's obvious tie-in restrictions to absolute parodic hilarity. The performances are spot-on, especially from Kahn and Curry. The entire ensemble works though to essentially capture the spirit of the genre being spoofed with their own comedic spin. Unbeknownst to 80's movie-goers as well as the cast and crew, but a remarkable classic was born!

• James Healey

★★★★ Watched by James Healey 23 Jun, 2014

Fresh, fun mystery

• Lollyfist

★★★★ Watched by Lollyfist 09 Nov, 2014

I am watching this because there is a failure on the part of nowadays to provide any decent watching material to be honest and I have to watch old films that are amazing instead.

• Jesper Wiking

Rewatched by Jesper Wiking 07 Nov, 2014

Olidligt spännande.

• Harrydarkknight

★★★★ Watched by Harrydarkknight 05 Nov, 2014

"Is the FBI in the habit of cleaning up after multiple murders?"
    "Yes, why do you think i'ts run by a man called Hoover"

Clue is well worth a watch, it is hilarious and keeps you guessing until the very end. Tim Curry was brilliant as the butler Wadsworth all the other actors were great in there roles including Christopher Lloyd and Lesley Ann Warren.

• Robert Dixon

★★★½ Watched by Robert Dixon 20 Jul, 2014

Way better than it has any right to be. The highlight of the film, Tim Curry's monologue, would be grating if it was short, but as it goes on and on and on it achieves comedic greatness. The film also benefits from its resonances with Murder on the Orient Express.

• Taylor Cole

★★★★½ Rewatched by Taylor Cole 28 Oct, 2014

I think I figured out just what makes this movie so special. From top to bottom, this thing is perfectly calibrated as to move at breakneck speed. The murderers and victims are arranged with mathematical precision, the setups and punchlines come hard and fast, and the endgame, while deliberately obscured in the abstract, is clear from the beginning. It's practically a procedural, both in the criminal and comic senses.

And yet (and here's the special part), it comes off as…

• Mrs. DeSol

★★★½ Added by Mrs. DeSol

Do you have to be a child of the 80s to appreciate this? A very goofy, tongue-in-cheek movie; the writers, director, actors, etc. all create a very self-aware story; they clearly know what a risk they're taking, and it works!

In comedic improv, there's a phrase called "yes, and" - an idea that the actors on stage will take whatever phrase or incident thrown at them and go with it, no matter what. This movie is the very definition of "yes, and"!

• jconneringalls

★★★★★ Added by jconneringalls

Easily one of my favorite films of all time.