• Jamie

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jamie 24 Jul, 2014

I of course ended my 20th birthday with my most favorite movie ever--it also just felt appropriate after Murder by Death. These to movies are like cousins! Except Clue is my ultimate favorite.

• Jon Forrest Allan

★★½ Watched by Jon Forrest Allan 19 Jul, 2014

The best mysteries are ones that you can play along with, ones that feel like the revelation matters. "Clue" destroys mystery with the conceit that it has three different endings, so any mystery is thrown out the window. It's charming, has great performances, and is trying to be original. But, by the end I just don't care.

• Jerry Downing

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 17 Jul, 2014

Connection to previous movie - Madeline Kahn

Classic. Who would have thought a movie based on board game would turn out so good? Great movie with a great cast. Tim Curry is especially awesome.

• Aswin Sivaraman

★★★★ Watched by Aswin Sivaraman 17 Jul, 2014

Wonderfully cast and acted, with a splendid lead performance by Tim Curry, Clue is an excellent film adaptation of the board game. It sticks very clearly to the nature of the source material. The film whimsically carries along viewers in a multifaceted "whodunnit" plot and does so with much success.

• Sammie

★★★★ Watched by Sammie 16 Jun, 2014

Surprisingly delightful! Tim Curry is a beast, but every wacky character is excellently portrayed in this comedy.

• ultimatejenn

★★★★★ Rewatched by ultimatejenn 13 Jul, 2014

Love this movie!

• Jackson Tyler

★★★★★ Watched by Jackson Tyler 11 Jul, 2014 2

Probably the funniest smash-cut to credits in the entirety of cinema.

• Ben Hyde

★★★½ Watched by Ben Hyde 09 Jul, 2014 1

A heckuva lot more fun than I expected. I want to give it a 4 for overall enjoyment, but it is pretty uneven, and there are a few stretches that aren't especially funny, and the logic of the mystery is either genius or completely nonsensical but either way it is hugely convoluted and impossible to follow on a first viewing, although that actually kind of adds to the appeal and zaniness. After thinking about it more, that's not a criticism…

• Almasa Pecanin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Almasa Pecanin 09 Jul, 2014

It just gets more hilarious with every re-watch. Madeline Kahn as Mrs. White is pure perfection.

"Husbands should be like Kleenex - soft, strong, and disposable."

• John

★★★½ Rewatched by John 15 Sep, 2013

A hilarious movie, and very clever in its references to the board game. I actually like that there are multiple endings, and all of the performances, Tim Curry's in particular, were great.

• robert_holly

★★★★★ Added by robert_holly

Exactly what a film should be. Such great costume design.

• synthfreek

★★★½ Rewatched by synthfreek 28 Jun, 2014

Fun enough I guess. Deep down I wish it would have had a more serious tone and most of the hijinks removed.