• murf

★★★★★ Rewatched by murf 21 Nov, 2015

Stumbled across this on TV one night way back when and loved it from first viewing. An absolute jem of a film, jam packed with quotable dialogue. The three different endings reflect the board game source so well, its a pure cult classic.

• Arthur Azir

★½ Added by Arthur Azir

Adaptar um jogo de tabuleiro para um filme? Não, melhor não...

• Emily Stoneking

★★★★ Rewatched by Emily Stoneking 18 Nov, 2015

I love this movie forever and ever.

• paul

★★★½ Rewatched by paul 16 Nov, 2015

My soul was aching for a light hearted, screwball comedy, and this certainly fit the bill.

This John Landis screenplay is a comedy, a mystery, it’s two, two, two films in one (or, as I wrote this I couldn’t help but think “she’s my sister, my daughter….”).

The film is madcap, harkening to some earlier comedies like It’s A Mad, Mad World or Murder By Death. It’s not to be taken seriously, and really, even the title, which refers to…

• Paul Reese

★★★★★ Added by Paul Reese

If there was a gun pointing at my head and I had to say what movie makes me laugh the hardest than any other, my gut and threatened temple would immediately spew out "Clue" as the choice. Jonathan Lynn’s direction is rightfully subdued so that the ensemble cast can deliver zany, crazy, asinine dialogues and physically move between their space at their own improvisational and specifically comedic will. The movie doesn’t really worry about logic or consistency and even relies…

• John

★★★★★ Watched by John 09 Nov, 2015

You can find a more colorful version of this with pictures at my blog at: tinyurl.com/qh4cx5p

Well-penned. Based on the Parker Brothers board game, this is about six strangers that get invited to a dinner party. When the lights go out and a murder happens in the darkness, they must deduce who is responsible before it is too late. This is (and probably will be) the only board game movie that works 100% of the time, and it has everything…

• Hazey Jane

★★★★ Watched by Hazey Jane 05 Nov, 2015

"Everything alright?"
    "Yes, two corpses, everything's fine."

What very easily could have been a dull, cheap Hasboro cash grab is actually a very clever, funny, and entertaining piece of work with an impressive cast. Definitely recommend!

• zimmercj

★★★★★ Added by zimmercj

This film is neither good nor bad, but it has a certain charm to it. This is also one of my two yearly halloween ritual movies. This is a board game movie done right.

• Nablo

★★★★ Rewatched by Nablo 07 Jul, 2015

When you make a film and base it on a board game you'd think it doesn't stand much chance. However, Clue turns out to be a rather silly yet fun film and full of some wonderful quotable lines. With its fun twists an turns it keeps you going right to the end, and when you have Tim Curry taking center stage, you know you are in save hands with this little classic.

"Professor Plum: What are you afraid of, a fate worse than death?
    Mrs. Peacock: No, just death, isn't that enough?"

• Igor Marques

★★★½ Watched by Igor Marques 02 Nov, 2015

Tim Curry is awesome.

• Elysia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Elysia 30 Oct, 2015

Love this movie. Trying to guess who committed the murders makes it all the more fun. Tim Curry and Christopher Lloyd add so much to this movie.

• Matt Thomas

★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 31 Oct, 2015 1

A spirited performance by Tim Curry isn't enough to hide how preposterous the plot is. In fact, in almost an admission of guilt/confusion, the multiple endings (although, yes, perhaps a nice nod to the game) prove how lost the script writers got.