• Mynt Marsellus

★★★★½ Watched by Mynt Marsellus 27 Apr, 2015

Something about Haneke's style is deeply moving. I will be revisiting this film soon enough that is for sure.

• Snorfle

★★½ Watched by Snorfle 14 Apr, 2015

Haneke's "Crash". Pretty slow, but I could watch Binoche doing ADR and re-shoots all day.

• Andrew Davis

★★ Watched by Andrew Davis 07 Apr, 2015

On the surface, there is a good movie that could work. The idea of splitting up separate stories to show the real issue of miscommunication that can affect not just two individuals but entire nations is something that needs to be examined more and fortunately Michael Haneke made the choice to examine this. Unfortunately, "Code Unknown" fails spectacularly at being something worthwhile because Haneke stretches this out too long. The idea is fresh and something that must be examined, but…

• katia_aitak

★★½ Watched by katia_aitak 05 Apr, 2015

Love haneke, love binoche. But this film was not my favourite

• Dan Gaertner

★★½ Watched by Dan Gaertner 04 Apr, 2015

Michael Haneke's "Code Unknown" starts off on fire with a most curious premise and then... Zzzzzzzz. The viewer is presented with one mundane sequence after another until the film slightly rallies for the close. Why alienate when you have your audience in your hand?

• PatoS

Added by PatoS

No hay mucho que decir, más que es otra gran película de Haneke, con todas las cualidades necesarias para calificar como tal: largos planos secuencia, cortes abruptos, personajes psicologicamente inestables, violencia pasiva, finales inconclusos.
    No por nada la película lleva el sub título "Récit incomplet de divers voyages (Cuenta incompleta de viajes varios)".
    Todo lo que se puede esperar de Haneke, ni más ni menos, para bien o para mal.

• Dead Moon Night

★★★★ Rewatched by Dead Moon Night 03 Apr, 2015

It all began with the humiliation of a beggar.

Michael Haneke's Code Unknown: Incomplete Tales of Several Journeys is another typical Haneke film. Long scenes that ends abruptly, often in the middle of a sentence shows the audience how the actions of several people changes the life of themselves and of many others, simply by making a choice. Haneke gives no answers, he let's you think for yourself and I really like that in his movies. Juliette Binoche is fantastic as usual and Code Unknown is another great Haneke movie!

• Ferre Rodriguez

★★★★★ Watched by Ferre Rodriguez 17 Mar, 2015

And, at last, you did it, Haneke.

(All there is to say about this is there in the cover and the title. Don't you ever forget the things you always forget, please)

• bmprooney

★★★★½ Added by bmprooney

Essential.

Code Unknown is about a group of people related to one minor incident. The film looks awesome. Each scene is short and purposeful. Tension builds to astonishing effect. Available on Netflix Instant, Code Unknown is essential viewing.

DVD Combo Pack: 11:14/ Magnolia/ Short Cuts

• Ignacio Montalvo

★★ Watched by Ignacio Montalvo 01 Mar, 2015

Mira que me gusta Haneke ('Funny Games' y 'Amour' me parecen dos obras maestras), pero 'Código Desconocido' me ha dejado totalmente indiferente. La película tiene varias escenas memorables (como el inici que desencadena todo con la pelea y la mujer vagabunda o la escena del vagón de metro con Juliette Binoche y el moro), pero en líneas generales me ha parecido aburrida y me ha dejado muy frío. Entiendo el mensaje que quiere transmitir la película -los prejuicios sociales/racistas y…

• Matthew Riccio

★★ Rewatched by Matthew Riccio 21 Feb, 2015 3

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This is the first film I've seen by Michael Haneke, and while it was technically very impressive I never felt like it pulled me in. The fact that each scene is done in a single take, or very near to a single take, is impressive, as is the overlaying of the drum music in the final sequence, which give a sense of foreboding to things we'd mostly seen happen before. I suppose the intention of the film was to focus…

• sebastian_drogo

★★★½ Watched by sebastian_drogo 19 Feb, 2015

La solita ricognizione di Haneke nel non senso della contemporaneità,
    dove gli istinti ferini dell'uomo sono sempre in agguato per colpire
    e uccidere, o ferire a morte.