• Jack Caulfield

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Caulfield 13 Oct, 2015

This film is a bullshit love letter to Ronald Reagan right? Wrong.

• Michael Stuhlman

★★★★ Watched by Michael Stuhlman 23 Nov, 2015

It's somewhat rare to see a movie thats just 100% forward momentum. The movie is over so quickly I nearly got whiplash. Rocket launchers, car chases, surviving falls from heights that would normally kill a man. Commando is nothing but pure distilled 80's action complete with Arnold spouting some of the greatest cheese-ball lines in history. Such a great movie to turn off the brain for.

• gooz

★★★★ Watched by gooz 22 Nov, 2015

- "Girl, please don't launch this rocket on the car, you're gonna kill Arnie!

- "Thank God he's safe."

• Aboo612

★★★★ Watched by Aboo612 22 Nov, 2015

Excellent slice of 80's action cheese courtesy of Arnold. This film is exactly what you want in an action movie, a simple and clear motivation, an obvious villian, a time limit and over the top action sequences with some self aware one liners.

The action was well choreographed, I got everything I was expecting. I wont put this with the best of the absolute best in action (like Die Hard or Point Break) because the characters were all lacking, but other than that, this film delivers on what an 80's action film should be.

• Derenzo

★★★★★ Added by Derenzo

Somewhere! Somehow! Someone!

No chance....

So fucking good.

• Samuel

★★★★★ Rewatched by Samuel 15 Nov, 2015

I have now seen Commando on 35mm. Feels like I've seen God.

• Christian Fecht

★★★½ Watched by Christian Fecht 09 Nov, 2015

Was für ein naiver und abstrakter Spaß für das Kind (oder vielleicht eher das Tier) im Mann, ein Film so einfach, geradeaus und ehrlich wie ein sauberer Beindurchschuss. Ein paar Burschen, darunter ein Ex-Army Kollege, halten es für eine gute Idee, Arnies Tochter (die niedliche Alyssa Milano in einer süßen Latzhose) zu entführen und ihn dadurch zu erpressen, einen Politiker zu töten. Es kommt, wie es kommen muss. Die Burschen müssen bald feststellen, dass Arnies muskelbepackter Körper die tödlichste und…

• Declan Hayes

★★★★ Watched by Declan Hayes 09 Nov, 2015

Kill Count!!

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Comrie

★★★½ Rewatched by Comrie 05 Nov, 2015

The absolute best and worst of Arnie.

Classic nonsense.

• Henry

★★★★ Watched by Henry 29 Oct, 2015

Wow... It's like a parody of an 80's action movie, but played totally straight. The cheese and ridiculously masculine badassery is off the charts. John Matrix is not only the most masculine hero I've ever seen, but he's the perfect father to his daughter Jenny as well. It almost makes the movie heartwarming.

There's some homoerotic undertones like a lot of movies that push the testosterone level, but there's almost a level of defensive homophobia in the climactic fight between…

• Warriors

★★★★ Added by Warriors

the scenario is so bad that it's ridiculous, but..............Schwarzenegger is cool, and Rae Dawn Chong is a nice woman to see.
    There is a part for David Patrick' Warriors' Kelly come out to playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' also!
    Action, violence and Arnold who starts WW3 on his own. Great movie with no credibility.