• Matt Gibbons

★★½ Added by Matt Gibbons

Exactly what you'd expect from a movie whose main character is named John Matrix. With that being said, it certainly has more charisma than a majority of 80's action fare and with a lead like Arnold, it's to be expected. All in all, it's not a very convincing film as it bathes in its own corniness, but it's a enjoyable enough experience to put on from time to time

• Chase Eiland

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chase Eiland 06 Feb, 2016

A movie that solely exists to showcase Mr. Universe's feats of strength, amazing cheesy one-liners and an island full of dead bodies. A movie that plays around with "movie logic" in a fun way. A flawless, endlessly enjoyable action movie.

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 76

61eR ®

• Mus

★★★★ Rewatched by Mus 01 Feb, 2016 1

This film is so representative of 80s action movies, I love it.

-Cheesy one liners
    -Establishment of father-daughter relationship through montage
    -Seemingly invincible hero (he was the best there ever was)
    -Very loose plot
    -Subtle homoeroticism
    -80s rock song playing over credits over the last shot

You can't make something like this today and take it seriously.

• Hannes Meurer

★★★½ Rewatched by Hannes Meurer 31 Jan, 2016

Stereotypes at its best with ridiculous dialoges and scenes which just add up to the entertainment. Pure 80's B-Movie power.

• Duke

★★★½ Watched by Duke 30 Jan, 2016

"I can't believe this macho bullshit!"

• Blacktus Jack

★★★ Watched by Blacktus Jack 27 Jan, 2016

So, after watching what basically everybody in the world agrees is the greatest ever episode of the Star Trek franchise, I thought watching the most stupid thing I could think of was a pretty neat idea.

I remember thinking "The Revenant" was super fucking manly when I was watching it, but boy, was I ever wrong.

I'm not sure if this movie is an ironic satire, or if those self-referential lines were just put in there for a laugh or…

• adelaideblair

★★★★ Watched by adelaideblair 25 Jan, 2016

Would have been better if Arnold had worn just the speedo for the entire third act, but it's pretty good as is.

• Lonestarr102

★★★★ Watched by Lonestarr102 25 Jan, 2016

Arni reißt Telefonzellen aus. Arni reißt Beifahrersitze aus. Arni trägt Baumstämme herum. Arni ist super stark. Arni steht ohne Deckung auf der Wiese und gewinnt ein Schusswechsel mit über 30 Gegnern. Explosionen, Schießereien und nackte Muskeln.
    Was ein absurder Spaß.

• Brooke Willis

★★★★★ Added by Brooke Willis

arnoldfamilytime.ytmnd.com/

My personal favourite Schwarzenegger film.

• Jake Burkart

★★★ Watched by Jake Burkart 19 Jan, 2016

The standard for typical cheesy, violent 80's action movies. Of course most of the movie is unrealistic, but it doesn't make it any less entertaining. What father wouldn't go to ridiculous lengths to rescue his daughter to ensure they can smear each others ice cream cones in one another's face again?

• D.A.P