• Aya Vandenbussche

★★★ Watched by Aya Vandenbussche 29 Aug, 2015

Not as good as The Running Man or Total Recall, but still pretty good Arnie fan! The one liners are pretty hilarious too!

• Kate Lush

★★★½ Watched by Kate Lush 28 Aug, 2015

The only film in which I've seen someone a) rip a telephone box out of the ground and throw it (with or without a person already inside) and b) say "I'll shoot you between the balls," thus fully deserving the recognition it has been given.

• Matt Daly

★★★ Rewatched by Matt Daly 28 Aug, 2015

"I'm not gonna shoot you between the eyes Matrix, I'm gonna shoot you between the balls"
    WHAAAAAT!!???

• Illusion Mihawk

★★½ Added by Illusion Mihawk

Commando is as dumb as it is entertaining.

Commando lacks character development, has very cheesy dialogue and sometimes feels like a B-Movie, yet, it works very well that way.

The film maintains a tongue-in-cheek humor that makes all the over-the-top actions of Schwarzenegger's character believable inside the film's universe. We're also introduced to a side character who midway through who doesn't exactly have a purpose inside the plot except reacting in awe to all the feats the protagonist accomplishes. This…

• Chris Vallée

★★★★ Watched by Chris Vallée 26 Aug, 2015

Perhaps THE quintessential Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Its almost like the greatest hits of Schwarzenegger films. Anything that has ever made any of his movies entertaining is all rolled into one action packed turn du force, heck, he even utters if famous Terminator line "I'll be Back".

• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 26 Aug, 2015 4

I would have thought there was no chance that I hadn't already logged this on Letterboxd, but alas that was not the case. I feel so ashamed.

• Ryan Palmer

★★★★ Added by Ryan Palmer

"Commando" is one of the most awesome and macho action movies ever. This was at a time where Arnold Schwarzenegger was the king of action movies. This became noted after his two hits "Conan the Barbarian" and "The Terminator". The story is very engaging as it involves an ex Delta Force operative who discovers the members of his unit are dead and he must save his daughter after she is taken by an enemy. An ex South American Dictator wants…

• Ian Osmond

★½ Watched by Ian Osmond 17 Aug, 2015

I wouldn't be surprised if this movie is solely responsible for why people make fun of 80s action flicks.

• DMB

★★★ Rewatched by DMB 15 Aug, 2015

El movimiento más inteligente de la carrera de Shcwarzenegger fue el dejar las pelis de acción pura por aquellas que contenian pluses añadidos como Terminator, Depredador, Desafio Total... Stallone o Norris podían haber protagonizado Ejecutor pero Commando, el John Matrix de Loeb (eso explica muchas cosas) y De Souza solo podía haber sido encarnado por el austríaco de oro. Un heroe dotado fuerza sobrehumana, de un sigilo inaudito para un coloso de 1,90, de un heroe que cuando falla el…

• AngelsArcanum

★★★★½ Watched by AngelsArcanum 15 Aug, 2015 2

Now THIS is how you do an action movie.

Tight pacing with no meandering, no weird villain monologues and convenient ways to help them avoid death (the "mastermind" gets shot down rather unceremoniously and swiftly to show how fragile he was), no forced romance subplots, etc.

Just pure, fast-paced action and adrenaline with subtle and cool one-liners and self-aware jabs, running that perfect line of not being too smugly full of itself and just flat out inane, just smooth, collected…

• Ben Radetski

★★★½ Watched by Ben Radetski 14 Aug, 2015 2

Not everyone is going to understand or like Commando. It's pretty much just Arnold playing himself. The opening montage of him with his daughter is hilarious. It's got some great one liners. If you're in the mood for some cheesy and over the top action, this is the movie for you.

• Fred Anderson

★★★★ Rewatched by Fred Anderson 13 Aug, 2015

The rare exception in movie history that effectively merge stupidity with genius. Let's put it like this: if Commando was a child actor it would be the annoying boy in 1967's Yongary - but with subtle charactization and intelligence in comparison. Which doesn't say shit. I know.