• Austin Vashaw

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Vashaw 19 May, 2015

Put simply, Commando is one of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s very best films: cartoonishly violent, eminently quotable, and packing a humorous approach to its carnage.

The Director’s Cut of the film features a couple minutes’ extra exposition, and makes many small but intimate touches to the film’s already violent action scenes, showing more gore and lingering longer on the carnage.

Director's Cut Blu-ray Review: cinapse.co/2015/05/21/exclusive-edition-commando-directors-cut-blu-ray

• FlickFanatics

★★★½ Added by FlickFanatics

This one was over hyped for me, as I was told by a few people that this is one of their favorite action films of all time. There are some great kills, funny parts, and it's Arnold, so that's cool. But there is something about this film that just isn't as impressive as I would hope it could be. The action is there, but it just ends up feeling generic to me by the end. Arnold is great in it, and the body count is pretty high. Fun watch for sure.

• Jimmy P

★★★★ Rewatched by Jimmy P 17 May, 2015

One of the best 80's action movies and also one of the funnest movies to come out of the 80s. This movie contains some of the best one liners.

• Kevin Matthews

★★★½ Added by Kevin Matthews

You have to feel sorry for big Arnie. There he is one minute living an idyllic life in the country chopping down trees and gazing adoringly at his daughter (played by a young Alyssa Milano, better known for her role in "Charmed") and then the next minute it's all a load of major gun battles as his daughter is kidnapped while burly men try to force him to kill some country's president because he's the best man for the job.…

• Andy Summers

★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 16 May, 2015 2

The one and only time I ever saw Mark L Lester's Commando I wasn't that impressed. I obviously hadn't bought into the whole cheesy eighties testosterone-filled carnage that man mountain Arnold Schwarzenegger delivered in his heyday. A lot of Arnie's films kind of passed me by back then as both his lesser films and acting style left a lot to be desired. He was of course box-office gold though, so the chance to give this a reappraisal seemed justified.
    Commando…

• Daniel Lindquist

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Lindquist 15 May, 2015

Can now take this off of the addendum to my list of shame. The score by James Horner, the setpieces, the comic relief sidekick, the "suiting up" sequence. All of it is so good.

• Sarah Shachat

★★★½ Added by Sarah Shachat

Whatever other Schwarzenegger movie you think might be most representative of his 80s appeal or that decades trends in action, only Commando opens with him petting a deer. I'm just saying. He pets and deer and then he blows shit up and fucks up terrorists for precisely ninety minutes. It's loud and idiotic and only casually in touch with causality, logic, or Earth physics - but my God, it's kind of perfect.

• Aaron Carter

★★★★★ Watched by Aaron Carter 14 May, 2015

"I eet Green Berets fah Brehkfahst:

• Jared

★★★★ Watched by Jared 12 May, 2015

Any film that has Arnold and his daughter feeding a doe in the opening credits deserves at least 4 stars.

• Matt Notley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Notley 12 May, 2015

(Director's cut).
    Commando is an '80s action classic that stands up today because it doesn't take itself seriously for a minute. It's utterly over-the-top, full of ridiculous moments and overflowing with cheesy one-liners. It's a film that almost shouldn't work but does, because it's completely fun from beginning to end.

A memorable bunch of bad guys, funny script, enormous homosexual undertones, a very focused story and Arnold at his peak make this one of his best films.

This is the…

• Joachim Andersson

★★★½ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 12 May, 2015

Commando is a damn fine piece of 80:s fluff. It's really amazing that it has all this bloody violence and still feels light in tone. I'll say it again, they don't do em like this anymore.

• Trent Walton

★★★ Rewatched by Trent Walton 10 May, 2015

Watch this film if you’re okay with more effort being put into the perfect flexing machine gun pose than the script. Oh, and you get to see Arnold and Alyssa Milano petting a deer!

Fun fact: From John Matrix to John McClane—Arnold didn’t want to do a sequel, so the script was adapted to create one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time.