• Danbo

★★★★½ Added by Danbo

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Alesia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alesia 03 Dec, 2006

At first glance, this is just an ordinary action film where the main guy has to save his daughter from her kidnappers. There is more going on in this story if you really listen and pay attention. It's a great story, and it's paired with a ton of great action sequences. This is one of Schwarzenegger's best films ever, yet I don't see a lot of conversation on it. A great action thriller with the best action star ever, what more could you ask for? I loved this movie, and I recommend it.

• Giovanni Iacobucci

★★★½ Rewatched by Giovanni Iacobucci 12 Sep, 2014

Teeters on the thin line of self-parody in exactly the right way.

• AngryAssSloth

★★★★★ Watched by AngryAssSloth 20 Sep, 2014

Fuck yeah, that was the shit. Is this just me or did it seem like the main villain was not threatening at all, he looked like a biker in his later years who has drunk a few to many beers?

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

Commando is one of those action movies that simply makes you want to drink a gallon of beer, chop a load of trees down, hunt some Ox, cook it using the firewood from the trees, and then eat it in 96 oz steak servings.

• Jake Wright

★★★½ Watched by Jake Wright 18 Sep, 2014

Did not disappoint.

• nablus

★★ Watched by nablus 15 Sep, 2014

I can't believe this macho bullshit.

• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 13 Sep, 2014

4.2/5, actually.
    GRADE:B+

• Donald G. Carder

★★½ Rewatched by Donald G. Carder 09 Sep, 2014

David Patrick Kelly is the bomb, yo.

• David Raposa

★★½ Watched by David Raposa 08 Sep, 2014

Doesn't quite top the "world's greatest dad" montage that plays over the opening credits, & almost doesn't need to. Still, despite all its wanton silliness (cf. Dan Hedaya's neglected Loggia-esque accent work, or a honest-to-goodness wrong-way rocket launcher gag) & all that self-aware (or ur-stupid) slapsticky wetwork, it just can't get out of its own way (cf. all the damn quipping, especially from the eminently quip-challenged Rae Dawn Chong, & borking up the gleeful Bad Boys 2-level violence in the climax with vaguely…

• Blair Russell

★★★★ Added by Blair Russell

Now, here's a film I've seen a number of times before and I decided tonight was a fine night to see it again and review it for this site.

I admit that this is an absolutely preposterous motion picture, with a number of implausible or impossible things happening. In fact, someone on a messageboard created a list of TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY moments from the film that strain credibility*, and many of them aren't inaccurate.

However, I don't give a…

• Steven Flores

Rewatched by Steven Flores 01 Sep, 2014

It's one thing to kidnap the daughter of a commando in an attempt to hire him to assassinate someone. Yet, when that commando is Arnold Schwarzenegger and his daughter is played by Alyssa Milano. JABRONI! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY FUCKED!!!!! One of Arnold's most quintessential films where he is the ultimate badass and more.