• Josh Barton

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Barton 02 Mar, 2015

Commando is Arnold Schwarzenegger's first true and proper action movie, and what an action movie is.

We all know Arnie's acting capabilities are very limited however, as an action star, nobody has ever done it better than the giant Austrian.

Aside from the opening credits, that feel straight out of a cheesy 80s family comedy, Commando is 90 minutes of pure carnage with testosterone levels set to 11.

Arnie's John Matrix goes on a one man war against the men…

• Chris Ward

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Ward 28 Feb, 2015

Watched as part of the Arnie All-Nighter at the Prince Charles Cinema.

What's not to like?

• Karl von Randow

★★★★★ Rewatched by Karl von Randow 01 Mar, 2015

As good today as the day it was conceived. If Matrix was here he'd laugh too.

• Louise von Randow

★★★½ Rewatched by Louise von Randow 01 Mar, 2015

Do eet.

• exoplanett

★★★ Rewatched by exoplanett 17 Jun, 2011

One of the most awkward and strange opening scenes in main-stream movies, after that, be ready for pure adrenaline.

• Luke Compton

★★★★★ Added by Luke Compton 5

I don't think many people are capable of understanding what a masterpiece this movie is. I've never seen anything so perfect.
    If you were to ask me what film defines my personal taste, the answer would be 'Commando'.
    There are better movies but damn this movie is so perfect.
    Think I'm about to shake up my 'Favourite Films' list.

• Pike Bishop

★★★★ Rewatched by Pike Bishop 26 Feb, 2015

While being extremely corny, Commando has one of the simplest plots ever, allowing Arnold to shoot anything that moves, which provides massive entertainment.

• The Film Avenger

★★★ Added by The Film Avenger

Pure Schwarzenegger schlocky goodness. This is the quintessential 80s Arnold flick: guns, scenery-chewing villains, groanable one-liners, guns, comic-book feats of strength, hysterical wisecracking sidekicks...and guns. Great fun!

• ZawMine

★★★½ Added by ZawMine

I grew up with Arnold's movies so this is one of my favourite Arnold's movies.

• Charlie G

★★★★ Watched by Charlie G 16 Feb, 2015

This would make a great double bill with Kramer vs Kramer

• Stephan

★★½ Rewatched by Stephan 12 Feb, 2015

Hätte ich nach jedem Fehler, misslungenen Schnitt oder dummen Spruch in einen kippen müssen, wäre ich nach 1 Stunde schon besoffen gewesen. Aber am Ende killt Arnie halt alle Bösewichten in einer fast 20 Minuten langen "Alle ballern auf mich, aber ich werde nicht getroffen! Dafür sterben alle anderen weil ich unendlich Munition habe!"-Szene und das macht es fast wieder gut. "Sie sind ja richtig witzig Sully. Ich mag Sie und deswegen werde ich Sie als Letzten töten."

• BasedKorea

★★★★ Added by BasedKorea

Remember when I said I'd kill you last....I lied.