• LTSmash

★★★★ Added by LTSmash

Brill, just like I knew it would be.
    Highlight:
    "Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?"
    "Yeah?"
    "I lied" *drops Benjamin Horne's short douchebag brother to death*

• kungset

★★★½ Watched by kungset 27 Jul, 2015

Mostly trash but entertaining. Definitely worth watching if you're an Arnold fan. Action scenes were pretty lacking even for an 80's film but overall it has the charisma to push you through it. Has a top 5 Arnold line of all time. RIP James Horner.

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★★ Rewatched by Kerry Maxwell 25 Jul, 2015

The quintessential Reagan era big dumb, run and gun action movie.

• Puke Larry

★★★★ Rewatched by Puke Larry 24 Jul, 2015

Four stars alone for most heartwarming montage in film of father/daughter bonding.

• Paul Phoenix

★★★★½ Rewatched by Paul Phoenix 24 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Retired Special Forces soldier John Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) lives with daughter Jenny (Alyssa Milano) in isolation, but his privacy is disturbed by former Latin American dictator Arius (Dan Hedaya), who kidnaps his daughter and demands Matrix to restore him to power in return.

BIG MISTAKE.

Ah, you gotta love '80s action movies. They just act as gratuitously over-the-top as possible. The movie begins with a string of puns (Lawson: "I was afraid you'd miss me.", Cooke: "Don't worry, we won't."),…

• Raúl Cornejo

★★★½ Watched by Raúl Cornejo 23 Jul, 2015

Steven E. de Souza, Matrix y Val Verde

• directorscut

★★½ Rewatched by directorscut 01 Jul, 2015

The poor man's Rambo: First Blood, Part II. Only Arnie's star power saves it from being a total dud.

• alexbhades

★★★½ Rewatched by alexbhades 12 Jan, 2013

Ochentera de acción para el sorsenegger, o como un hombre acaba con un ejercito. Poca cosa queda por decir.

• Gabriel Lisboa

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gabriel Lisboa 17 Jul, 2015

This movie should be remembered for it's last 20 minutes.

Right?

Wrong.

Those first twenty minutes are what really makes this movie stands apart. From garbage killers to jumping from aeroplanes.

The rest is solid gold tough.

• Andrew Bemis

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Bemis 26 May, 2015 1

The smartest move Arnold Schwarzenegger could make right now, rather than flogging the Terminator series to death, is to make a Commando 2 where a 70-year-old John Matrix has to rescue his granddaughter. It’d basically be Taken but with more homoeroticism and puns. It writes itself, and it would make $100 million in its opening weekend solely on the strength of nerds and dudebros about my age.

• eevade

★★★ Watched by eevade 16 Jul, 2015

Cheesy, really cheesy. It's at its best when it's shooting silly one-liners, while the final action scene drags too long without being funny enough.
    At this point in time, Arnie didn't know how to smile.

• Kiko Vega

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kiko Vega 14 Jul, 2015

De entre todas las preguntas, entre los millones de cuestiones que tienes que hacerte a ti mismo y a la vida después de volver a pasar hora y media con John Matrix, la primera que se viene a mi cabeza ya adulta, a pesar de los fuertes en miniatura, las maquetas y los moñecos, las rampas que impulsan a los malos a volar por los aires o todos los fallos de rácord que pueda tener la película, es ¿por qué el malo es un maricón?