• Russell Dean

★★★ Watched by Russell Dean 18 Oct, 2014

Despite growng up in the '80s, this is a first time for me.

Basically a big studio B movie, this is a very '80s film, dodgy clothes, dodgy music and lots of violence.

It's incredibly silly, but very enjoyable.

It's one I'll definately come back to, I may even try to find a blu-ray copy as the quality of the DVD transfer is not exactly great.

• Gavin Callister

★★ Watched by Gavin Callister 18 Oct, 2014 2

Cooler Than Cool Weekend
    Film #2
    Star: Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Why He's So Cool: Bodybuilder, Mr Universe, action icon, The Terminator and Governor of California. The dude has a pretty good resumé. What other guy do you know who could get away with saying "Hasta la vista, baby", "You're one ugly motherfucker", and "Consider that a divorce!" and have it sound even moderately badass, let alone have them become lines quoted by thousands of film fans lovingly (most likely in their…

• Pedro Iglesias

★★★★½ Watched by Pedro Iglesias 12 Oct, 2014

As Bruce Willis says in The Last Boy Scout : "You can't just walk up and slap a guy, you have to say something cool first."
    Arnold sets that modus operandi with Commando.

• James Frazier

★★★ Added by James Frazier

A really bad movie with extraordinary entertainment value.

• matt lynch

★★★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 06 Oct, 2014 3

still waiting patiently for COMMANDO II: MATRIX RELOADED.

• Roger Potersnak

★★½ Rewatched by Roger Potersnak 02 Oct, 2014

A sense of fun has been lost since the 1980s. Action movies were just allowed to be ridiculous excuses for people to be blown up and shot. Excuses for heroes to spout one-liners. Excuses for Arnold to be in anything at all. This movie is fun. What has been gained in the decades since is exposition, technical mastery, and acting. Thank Jebus for the acting. Predator is fun but undeniably stupid, which I'm sure is the point. If you want…

• Danbo

★★★★½ Added by Danbo

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Alesia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alesia 03 Dec, 2006

At first glance, this is just an ordinary action film where the main guy has to save his daughter from her kidnappers. There is more going on in this story if you really listen and pay attention. It's a great story, and it's paired with a ton of great action sequences. This is one of Schwarzenegger's best films ever, yet I don't see a lot of conversation on it. A great action thriller with the best action star ever, what more could you ask for? I loved this movie, and I recommend it.

• Giovanni Iacobucci

★★★½ Rewatched by Giovanni Iacobucci 12 Sep, 2014

Teeters on the thin line of self-parody in exactly the right way.

• AngryAssSloth

★★★★★ Watched by AngryAssSloth 20 Sep, 2014

Fuck yeah, that was the shit. Is this just me or did it seem like the main villain was not threatening at all, he looked like a biker in his later years who has drunk a few to many beers?

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

Commando is one of those action movies that simply makes you want to drink a gallon of beer, chop a load of trees down, hunt some Ox, cook it using the firewood from the trees, and then eat it in 96 oz steak servings.

• Jake Wright