• BeardedMovieGuy

★★★½ Rewatched by BeardedMovieGuy 03 Jul, 2015

80's ARNOLD goldmine. This film is equal parts terrible, unbelievable and completely awesome. It has some incredible one liners and the action is just ridiculous.

• Zack Clopton

★★★★★ Added by Zack Clopton

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

“Commando” is the greatest movie ever made.

Okay, I don’t mean that. Maybe what I should have said instead is that “Commando” is the most entertaining movie ever made. This probably isn’t true either. A film lover is someone that loves film and few films fill me with as much love as “Commando.” Released the same year as “Rambo: First Blood Part II,” the film would help codify the troupes and convention of eighties action flicks. If the Terminator and…

• Travis Leamons

★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Leamons 04 Jul, 2015

Best ratio of kills to one-liners in any Schwarzenegger movie ever.

• Alex Kittle

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alex Kittle 03 Jul, 2015

One of the best action movies around: it's got all the explosions, one-liners, steel drums, spunky sidekicks, nonspecific Latin American nations, knife fights, shopping mall chases, and satirical masculinity (combined with obvious repressed homosexuality) that anyone could ever need. Plus it's got an adorable platonic best-friendship between its male and female leads! No funny business at all!

But of course that just furthers its "gay agenda." smh.

• Christian Katzorke

★★★★★ Rewatched by Christian Katzorke 03 Jul, 2015

"You're a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."
    John Matrix

Finally - the Director's Cut on Blu Ray. One of my favorite Schwarzenegger movies.

• Josh Jamer

★★★½ Watched by Josh Jamer 03 Jul, 2015

Just pure cheesy ass fun action. Nothing more, nothing less, It's badass and awesome.

• J. N. Smith

★★★½ Added by J. N. Smith

Like most films starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Commando is a pure 1980s guilty pleasure. I’m disappointed that I hadn’t seen this before now. Everything that was great/bad about 80s action films is here in full force.

• Lyndell Clark

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 28 Jun, 2015 3

Watched the directors cut on bluray. One of my favorite Arnie flicks and EASILY the best movie for one-liners ever. So many great ones. My favorite being:

Sully, remember when I told you id kill you last?

Yeah, thats right, man..you did!

I lied.

• milan dobrovodsky

★★★★★ Rewatched by milan dobrovodsky 28 Jun, 2015

In the memory of james horner and his steel drums...

• Rohan Morbey

★★★★ Rewatched by Rohan Morbey 27 Jun, 2015

80s action nonsense at its best.

• kikeherrmann

★★ Watched by kikeherrmann 24 Jun, 2015

Commando

Con un Arnold Scwarzenegger en pleno auge, en esta pelicula muy anclada a su época, tenemos a un padre que quiere rescatar a sus hijos, de como no, unos secuestradores hispanos.

Para el fan de la época disfrutará de todas las fantasmadas que se podían ver en las películas de acción de la época, ésta en concreto es del mismo año que se estrenó Rambo, con portadas parecidas aunque luego poco que ver en cuanto a localizaciones.

En este…

• Wes Ball

★★★★½ Watched by Wes Ball 24 Jun, 2015

If I were to pick one film that defines everything about 1980's action cinema, I would have to pick Commando. It has all the 80's tropes possible: non-stop one liners, awesome action, explosions that would make Michael Bay cream his pants, and of course Arnold "Governator" Schwarzenegger. His thick Austrian accent is the definitive voice of late 20th century action films, and it still roars fairly strongly today.

The first thing I noticed when watching this was the striking similarities…