• Artorias

★★★½ Watched by Artorias 28 May, 2015

I don't understand how the Swords & Sorcery genre is so ignored in cinema, the way I see it, it's the most cinematic genre possible and it's so goddamn imaginative, if it was given serious or just enough attention it probably would be my favorite genre, I mean, look at video games! Conquest is working on it but in a humorous way, it doesn't try to take itself serious, it's just silly, cheesy and fun, with all kinds of monsters, bloody deaths and fanciful weapons, in a nutshell, it's my wet dream as kid. Brilliant soundtrack too.

• The_Rock

★★★ Watched by The_Rock 08 May, 2015

In most senses, Lucio Fulci’s Conquest, a sword and sandal cheapie intended to cash in on Conan the Barbarian, is a lousy adventure movie. The plot is practically nonexistent, consisting of a series of violent happenings with little sense of progression or escalation. The characterization is similarly lacking. The heroes are a pair of generic he-men on a quest that’s barely explained, and the villainess, a nude woman with a gold mask, a pet snake and an army of bearmen…

• Billy Terry

Watched by Billy Terry 03 May, 2015

Completely insane yet completely lifeless.

• Erik Hawkins

★★★ Watched by Erik Hawkins 05 Apr, 2015

I ordered this on Amazon and was totally prepared for it to become one of my favorite movies of all time. It's not. It is gloriously dumb, inexplicable, and atmospheric Fulci, though, and that's enough.

• shellofsnail

Watched by shellofsnail 18 Oct, 2014

Print quality: C+. (Scratches and dirt. Otherwise sharp, fine grain.)

• FeytonVale

★★ Watched by FeytonVale 28 Mar, 2015

A caveman with stone nun-chucks and pretty boy with a laser bow join forces to defeat an evil naked witch and her throngs of dog-men.

At least I think that was the plot, honestly it was hard to tell what was going on at all through the endless fog and smoke billowing into every shot. Every scene is either enveloped in a cloud or shot at night and often it's both. This might not have been an issue if not…

• spearman

★½ Watched by spearman 01 Mar, 2015

Peak fog machine.

• Gordo

★★★ Watched by Gordo 02 Jan, 2011

Fulci's attempt to cash in on the sword-and-sorcery craze of the eighties. On paper it looks and sounds amazing, the result is somewhat of a mixed bag though. The plot is rather thin, its basically this: a Fabio doppleganger and a Jeremy London doppleganger become butt-buddies and end up traversing the countryside to try to kill some evil naked chick and battle some wolfmen and swamp creatures along the way. The film has a very washed-out look due to some…

• The GingerPrince

★★½ Watched by The GingerPrince 22 Jan, 2015

Time travelling lad with a magic bow and arrow straight out of Tron along with his animal loving mate quest to free a people subdued by hordes of dog mask wearing soldiers run by a topless lass with a mask on and a codpiece made from snakes. Fulci at his most bonkers.

• Krunić

★½ Added by Krunić

Sve je pogrešno. Čak i za italo-fantasy.

• Steven Cohen

½ Watched by Steven Cohen 17 Oct, 2014

Excerpted from my review of Cinefamily's All-Night Horror Show:

"I fell asleep the most during Conquest, but I still got the gist; a fabled warrior must overcome some sort of inadequacy to free a land from an evil sorceress. That’s all fine, but it’s not a super high note to end your marathon on. The most interesting part of the movie is that the sorceress is topless the entire time. Otherwise, so what?"

• Andrew Lincoln

★★½ Watched by Andrew Lincoln 18 Oct, 2014

A bit of a struggle even for a passionate Fulci fan. Best viewed at 5am after 3 Red Bulls at the end of a horror movie marathon, which is how I viewed it. You won't get through it otherwise.