• shellofsnail

Watched by shellofsnail 18 Oct, 2014

Print quality: C+. (Scratches and dirt. Otherwise sharp, fine grain.)

• FeytonVale

★★ Watched by FeytonVale 28 Mar, 2015

A caveman with stone nun-chucks and pretty boy with a laser bow join forces to defeat an evil naked witch and her throngs of dog-men.

At least I think that was the plot, honestly it was hard to tell what was going on at all through the endless fog and smoke billowing into every shot. Every scene is either enveloped in a cloud or shot at night and often it's both. This might not have been an issue if not…

• spearman

★½ Watched by spearman 01 Mar, 2015

Peak fog machine.

• Gordo

★★★ Watched by Gordo 02 Jan, 2011

Fulci's attempt to cash in on the sword-and-sorcery craze of the eighties. On paper it looks and sounds amazing, the result is somewhat of a mixed bag though. The plot is rather thin, its basically this: a Fabio doppleganger and a Jeremy London doppleganger become butt-buddies and end up traversing the countryside to try to kill some evil naked chick and battle some wolfmen and swamp creatures along the way. The film has a very washed-out look due to some…

• The GingerPrince

★★½ Watched by The GingerPrince 22 Jan, 2015

Time travelling lad with a magic bow and arrow straight out of Tron along with his animal loving mate quest to free a people subdued by hordes of dog mask wearing soldiers run by a topless lass with a mask on and a codpiece made from snakes. Fulci at his most bonkers.

• Krunić

★½ Added by Krunić

Sve je pogrešno. Čak i za italo-fantasy.

• Steven Cohen

½ Watched by Steven Cohen 17 Oct, 2014

Excerpted from my review of Cinefamily's All-Night Horror Show:

"I fell asleep the most during Conquest, but I still got the gist; a fabled warrior must overcome some sort of inadequacy to free a land from an evil sorceress. That’s all fine, but it’s not a super high note to end your marathon on. The most interesting part of the movie is that the sorceress is topless the entire time. Otherwise, so what?"

• Andrew Lincoln

★★½ Watched by Andrew Lincoln 18 Oct, 2014

A bit of a struggle even for a passionate Fulci fan. Best viewed at 5am after 3 Red Bulls at the end of a horror movie marathon, which is how I viewed it. You won't get through it otherwise.

• Obistrike

★★★ Watched by Obistrike 07 Sep, 2014

Fulci was toying with the idea with calling his fantasy epic The Fog but it had just been taken. So he considered The Fogginess, The Smog, The Mirk, the Puff, The Gloom and The Overcast before finally settling on Conquest. While the title didn't quite encapsulate the overall visual theme as the other options, it certainly summed up the general plot and therefore would have to do.

Mace and Ilias team up to tackle the forces of Ocron in Lucio's…

• Filipe Furtado

Added by Filipe Furtado

A quest through wasteland. Fulci arrives at his beloved apocalyptical images by a complete different path. The Beyond goes barbarian. Dramatic thin, but so haunting that never matters. From the first image onwards, a work of mad genius.

• Chris Purdie

★★★ Added by Chris Purdie

Da fuck did I just watch??
    I've been eager to catch this Fulci Sword & Sandals epic for a long time and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Conquest has a lot going for it as a mid-period non-horror Fulci release. The visuals are stunning and the atmosphere is just on the right side of dreamy, complimented by a brilliantly keyboard-heavy score by Claudio Simonetti. But what this movie really excells at is the action, and the action presented…

• Ed Travis

★★½ Watched by Ed Travis 12 Jul, 2014

Fulci, wizards, barbarians, snakes, fog, mystical bow and arrows, evil sorceress, wolf men, brainings and quarterings. What's not to like?