• Neil Sarver

★★★★½ Rewatched by Neil Sarver 29 Sep, 2015 2

Lots of art is described as surreal. I like much of it, others I am unmoved by. Few actually feel like my dreams, though. This does, whatever that says about me. I have no real idea if that was the intention at all, but it makes this incredibly compelling for me personally. It also makes it completely understandable why it's incomprehensible to others.

• Mizatt

★½ Watched by Mizatt 29 Sep, 2015

What I have seen, I cannot unsee.
    Some pointless gratuitous violence and nudity. Some bad cinematography. Lots of bad lighting and dialogue. Very confusing plot. I would give them credit for playing the To Live and Die in LA or the Righting Wrongs (HK import) card (if you have seen those movies you will understand what I am talking about), but that is about all I can give it credit for.

• David Larsson

★★★★ Watched by David Larsson 13 Sep, 2015

The fact that this movie can exist is a testament to all that is good with life.

• Thorkell August Ottarsson

★★★ Watched by Thorkell August Ottarsson 12 Aug, 2015

How does one rate a film like this?

It is too cool and too good to be so-bad-that-it-is-good.

It is too violent and sexy to be a children film but too silly to be taken seriously.

It is too cheesy to work as an art house film but way to strange and poetic to be your standard sword and sorcery genre film.

It has moments of pure poetic beauty and moments of utter silliness and B (or even C) film…

• GayFeelings

★★½ Watched by GayFeelings 26 Jul, 2015

Better than I expected it to be (such a low rating here). Plenty of boobs and well done gore. Cinetamography is a bit off, because of the overuse of fog machines and overall dark scenes. Just expect a campyt movie, and you won't be disappointed too much.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★½ Added by SmokingPizza

A savage wasteland of fantasy.
    Another great one from Lucio Fulci.

• Samuel

★★★ Watched by Samuel 06 Jul, 2015

Even if you had all the acid in the world it'd be impossible to remake this movie.

• Chris

★★★★½ Watched by Chris 21 Jun, 2015

Exactly what you'd expect from a Lucio Fulci-directed Swords and Sandals flick.

No plot, lots of atmosphere, even more gore and...well, that's about it. I obviously dug it but I'm a sucker for shit like this to begin with.

• ktepi

★½ Added by ktepi

Hoo boy.

• Bob R.

★½ Watched by Bob R. 25 May, 2015

Lucio Fulci made some weird and entertaining movies during his 30+ year-long career. Of course, he made some clunkers too. Conquest, arguably a member of the latter category, is a barbarian/sci-fi hybrid that left this viewer wanting with regard to both genres.

This movie does have enough elements to theoretically make for one heck of a ride; You've got monsters, a barbarian hero, mystical weapons, decapitations, a snake-priestess and plenty of slimy goop. For whatever reason though, whether it's the…

• The_Rock

★★★ Watched by The_Rock 08 May, 2015

In most senses, Lucio Fulci’s Conquest, a sword and sandal cheapie intended to cash in on Conan the Barbarian, is a lousy adventure movie. The plot is practically nonexistent, consisting of a series of violent happenings with little sense of progression or escalation. The characterization is similarly lacking. The heroes are a pair of generic he-men on a quest that’s barely explained, and the villainess, a nude woman with a gold mask, a pet snake and an army of bearmen…

• Billy Terry

Watched by Billy Terry 03 May, 2015

Completely insane yet completely lifeless.