• OncleVernon

★½ Rewatched by OncleVernon 16 Apr, 2016 2

- Ai-je vu deux fois CONQUEST dans ma vie ? La réponse est oui.

- Faut-il voir CONQUEST deux fois dans sa vie ? La réponse est évidemment non.

Dans un élan d'indulgence inexplicable, j'ai eu l'idée de revoir cet Heroic-Fantasy fulcien en me disant que ça ne pouvait pas aussi pire que le souvenir effiloché que j'en gardais.

Évidemment, ce l'était. C'est difficile de savoir par quel angle aborder CONQUEST tant le film est intensément problématique : sa pénible…

• Mark Tinta

★★★ Rewatched by Mark Tinta 13 Apr, 2016

It makes no sense and likely isn't supposed to, but I feel the need to revisit Lucio Fulci's bizarre contribution to the '80s sword & sorcery craze every few years. I never end up reaching an understanding of its whole "acid trip version of CONAN THE BARBARIAN" feel, but I keep coming back to its glorious, gauzy, foggy, smeary lunacy. So that's gotta count for something.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 04 Apr, 2010

This is what you would expect a fantasy movie directed by Lucio Fulci would look like, Its very violent and gory. It features a cool light bow. It has one of the best splitting of two of a human being. I also love the magic bow from dungeons & dragons in the movie.

• Patrick Pryor

★★★★½ Watched by Patrick Pryor 20 Mar, 2016

A masterpiece of rabid were-bears screaming into mist, naked witches writhing with boa constrictors, giants covered in mirrored plating, gore drenched swordplay, and oozing boils. This movie really feels like it was filmed in some distant alien fantasyland far beyond our own time and space. No one behaves like an actual human, and impenetrable fog chokes a desolate hellscape of bogs and caves and rolling plains. Dreamy in the fragmented, slow zoom, blood freakiness of prime Fulci. The kind of DMT D&D nightmare I don't want to wake up from.

• laird

★★★★½ Rewatched by laird 20 Mar, 2016 1

I'd seen this before but my memory of it was hazy.

• Bill Riggs

★★★½ Rewatched by Bill Riggs 12 Mar, 2016

Lucio Fulci's dream like fantasy epic. The head baddie, a naked woman in a golden mask with a pet snake, seeks a magic bow from the two heroes. She is aided by a variety of beast men and creatures. The movie is an Italian mixture of Beastmaster and Conan.

• Carter Llewellyn

★★★ Watched by Carter Llewellyn 26 Feb, 2016

If you go into this film expecting a coherent Sword and Sorcery story, you'll probably be disappointing. But if you go into it hoping to see what Fulci thought Sword and Sorcery is, you're in luck.

This film has so little narrative that I'm not sure it even qualifies as a quest. What it does have is a villain who only wears a codpiece and a gold mask, and has visions while writhing with snakes. It has wolfmen. A lot…

• Carey Norris

Watched by Carey Norris 26 Feb, 2016

Garbage ripoff of "Conan the Barbarian" directed by Lucio Fulci. Most of it is shot through a haze, perhaps to hide the lack of budget.

• Richard Doyle

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Doyle 08 Feb, 2016

A little guy and a bigger guy take on a naked chick in a gold mask and her army of dog men in a world of permanent fog. I love this movie. I freely admit that the middle third is immensely dull and confusing, but the remaining two thirds contain enough nudity, nonsensical storytelling, surprisingly explicit gore and laser arrows to more than sustain my interest. The last 15 minutes are so deliriously batshit I just want to start the movie over from the beginning and do the whole thing over again.

• Derenzo

★★★½ Watched by Derenzo 22 Feb, 2016

Oh Lucio, you mad Italian genius.

If you only know Fulci from his horror output and the phrase "Imagine if Fulci directed Krull" appeals to you, then I recommend Conquest and all its nonsensical, fog-filled, backlit, bizarre fever-dream madness.

Should you choose to embark on this quest, you'll be treated to:

- Laser Arrows
    - Tons of naked Italian women
    - Tons of dudes in awesome scary helmets
    - A few alarming gore sequences
    - Coke Snorting Beast Men
    -…

• JesseSP

★★½ Watched by JesseSP 09 Feb, 2016

I've watched some weird-ass movies lately.

• pd187

★★★★½ Added by pd187

the most fantastique of all fantasy bcz it actually feels like it was transmitted from another dimensional plane. every scene is clouded in iridescent fumes & i dont know why anybody does anything. why does ecco the dolphin save a crucified freegan warrior from drowning? our realm is not meant to know