• JesseSP

★★½ Watched by JesseSP 09 Feb, 2016

I've watched some weird-ass movies lately.

• pd187

★★★★½ Added by pd187

the most fantastique of all fantasy bcz it actually feels like it was transmitted from another dimensional plane. every scene is clouded in iridescent fumes & i dont know why anybody does anything. why does ecco the dolphin save a crucified freegan warrior from drowning? our realm is not meant to know

• Leif

Rewatched by Leif 17 Jan, 2016

I'm not really sure how I liked this the first time I saw it. This time around it reminded me of the first Turok game. Fog, fog everywhere, used for the purpose of concealing limitations rather than building thick atmosphere that we've come to expect from Fulci at this point in his career.

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★½ Watched by Kerry Maxwell 13 Jan, 2016

Exceeded my expectations, and being forewarned about the relative lack of narrative development and general incoherence, I was able to just bask in the weird stew of fantasy film tropes, with Fulci adding generous dollops of gore to the pot. Like many fantasy films, Conquest mashes together bits and pieces of earlier films in the genre, playing like a blend of Star Wars, Excalibur, Zardoz, Planet of the Apes, Conan the Barbarian and a definite strain of vintage peplum. Despite…

• Patrick Lohmeier

★★½ Rewatched by Patrick Lohmeier 01 Jan, 2016

as Fulci as sword and sorcery movies get. a mixed bag.

• Patrick Lohmeier

Watched by Patrick Lohmeier 22 Nov, 2015

Review coming soon...

• mandroid51

★★½ Watched by mandroid51 28 Oct, 2015

Continued from this attempt at a diary:

"Weird, I'm trying to keep a diary and following up with Fulci's Conquest. Not sure if moving onto Fantasy was a wise choice but I am nearing the conclusion of unseen Fulci titles and hope I haven't broken his trajectory of films made in the 80's. More thoughts to follow once I fire it up. I'm getting a Fire and Ice feel with the cover! One thing that seldom fails with Fulci: onscreen…

• Dustin Riccio

★★★★ Watched by Dustin Riccio 23 Oct, 2015

By far my favorite of the Fulci films I've seen so far. Not coincidentally, it's also the only one I've seen so far where the idea of "nightmare logic" meant something cool and not just illogical plotting and poor pacing. Taking place entirely in a fantasy world makes the weird jumps in logic and randomly placed scenes of violence easier to accept and the soft lighting, foggy surroundings and pulsing synth score make Conquest play like the bugfuck fever dream of someone who's read way too many Savage Sword of Conan comics.

• mandroid51

Added by mandroid51

Weird, I'm trying to keep a diary and following up with Fulci's Conquest. Not sure if moving onto Fantasy was a wise choice but I am nearing the conclusion of unseen Fulci titles and hope I haven't broken his trajectory of films made in the 80's. More thoughts to follow once I fire it up. I'm getting a Fire and Ice feel with the cover! One thing that seldom fails with Fulci: onscreen violence :)

• Neil Sarver

★★★★½ Rewatched by Neil Sarver 29 Sep, 2015 2

Lots of art is described as surreal. I like much of it, others I am unmoved by. Few actually feel like my dreams, though. This does, whatever that says about me. I have no real idea if that was the intention at all, but it makes this incredibly compelling for me personally. It also makes it completely understandable why it's incomprehensible to others.

• Mizatt

★½ Watched by Mizatt 29 Sep, 2015

What I have seen, I cannot unsee.
    Some pointless gratuitous violence and nudity. Some bad cinematography. Lots of bad lighting and dialogue. Very confusing plot. I would give them credit for playing the To Live and Die in LA or the Righting Wrongs (HK import) card (if you have seen those movies you will understand what I am talking about), but that is about all I can give it credit for.

• David Larsson

★★★★ Watched by David Larsson 13 Sep, 2015

The fact that this movie can exist is a testament to all that is good with life.