• Fred

★★★★ Watched by Fred 15 Feb, 2014

A bow arrow that fires lasers. It's all you really need.

• Sally Jane Black

Watched by Sally Jane Black 15 Mar, 2014

I understand why people like this. It's campy, pretty, gory, and fun. It has a villain whose name I thought was "Okra" for over half the movie (it is apparently "Ohkren"), and she's naked most of the time. There are wolves, hawks, snakes, and dolphins for the animal lovers, and Lucio Fulci directed it, so there's zombies in there, too. Also, lasers. It has a bow that shoots arrows of light, which is actually a kinda awesome fantasy trope that…

• Hollie Horror

★★½ Watched by Hollie Horror 02 Mar, 2014 6

Conquest was actually released in Italy on the very day I was born! I know this because I wanted to see which laser-beam-heavy fantasy movie came first, Krull or Conquest and it was actually the latter! While I have no idea if Star Wars actually influenced Fulci (or Italian producers) on the visual aesthetics/effects of Conquest or not, but I found the big furry creatures to resemble chewbacca but with the face of a fox, or some sort of pointy…

• Jake

★★★ Watched by Jake 14 Feb, 2014

The Valentine's Day classic with a laser arrow shooting straight into my heart.

• Redrumpanda

★★★ Added by Redrumpanda

One of the haziest, foggiest films I've ever seen. Still, some memorable creatures, generous gore and nudity make this a particularity flavorsome addition to the cheesy Sword and Sorcery genre. Dig the drawn in arrows!
    How fuckin' metal is that poster? By the way, that's Sabrina Siani's body under the golden mask.

• tony ceccarelli

★★ Watched by tony ceccarelli 06 Apr, 2012 1

Not a big fan of Lucio Fulci but this had some nice elements. Overall was slow but the Claudio Simonetti score helped keep me awake.

• Austin Wolf-Sothern

★★★½ Watched by Austin Wolf-Sothern 19 Nov, 2008

Fulci's sword-and-sorcery movie about a guy who is trying to defeat an evil topless villain, and he meets another guy who claims to be a friend to no one, but then quickly falls in love with the main character, and together they beat off lots of weird monsters and creatures with a bow that shoots laser-arrows. It's pretty great.

• Rowland

★★½ Watched by Rowland 19 May, 2013

[C]

Mace: "When a man meets a man, you never know which one will die. But when an animal meets a man, it's always the animal that dies. I'm on the animal's side."

Ilias: "Isn't this an animal you're eating?"

Mace: "I didn't kill him."

Ilias: "That's a pretty strange law."

Mace: "Not when you're hungry."

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 18 May, 2013 6

elemental, hazy nightmare archetypes induce a constant state of anxiety. at times feels like Fulci's version of Boorman's EXCALIBUR only with cheaper drugs.

• Glenn Kenny

★★★★★ Watched by Glenn Kenny 16 May, 2013 1

Insane, visionary

• OutpostZeta

★★½ Watched by OutpostZeta 27 Apr, 2013

This Fulchi films shoots for dreamlike fantasy, but lands squarely in extremely silly fantasy territory. None of it makes a whole lot of sense, but when you have a naked lady with a metal head, and a guy with stone nunchuks you don't need sense. There's also some signature Fulchi gore.

• Alan Dorich

★★★½ Watched by Alan Dorich 07 May, 2013

Imagine YOR, THE HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, only darker, far, far bloodier and with quite a few legitimately awesome parts. That is the wonderful thing that is Lucio Fulci's CONQUEST.