• Kyle Hermary

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kyle Hermary 20 May, 2015

_________________________________________________________________

Film #20 of the "Scavenger Hunt 2" Challenge!
    Task #9: A film featuring a disease
    ___________________________________________________________________

You know those films that make you wash your hands, yeah this is one of those.

• Stacey Bates

★★ Watched by Stacey Bates 22 May, 2015

'Contagion' does its job as a film about a realistic walk through of a worldwide epidemic that doesn't involve zombies, however the reality makes for boring cinema.
    Don't get me wrong - I will probably spend the next few days feverishly washing my hands every time I touch something - but none of the individual characters' loose ends were tied by the end of the film. In the conclusion, everyone is just kinda sorta okay, and "kinda sorta" doesn't really…

• NeutronPong

★★★ Watched by NeutronPong 09 Jan, 2012

Nothing is so terrifying as something that could plausibly happen. Remember: always wash your hands!

• Cyr

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cyr 29 Mar, 2015

On every occasion I've seen this film, I've gotten really sick a couple of days later, like really sick, which makes me incredibly paranoid because this film is one of the best pandemic related ones I've seen.

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★★½ Watched by Ernst_Bitterman 24 Aug, 2012

I appreciate the willingness to kill just about any of the big names.

• SmokingPizza

★★★½ Added by SmokingPizza

This film is nothing special, just another story about disease and the doom of the human race. I think the one thing that threw me off the most in this movie was seeing Demetri Martin as a scientist. I'm also pretty sure that Kate Winslet's character died from eating some bad Taco Bell.

• alphonse

★★★½ Watched by alphonse 04 May, 2015 2

Contagion is great. In fact I doubt there will ever be another film that shows the progression of a worldwide epidemic with such precision and intense realism - if there is one thing this film does right it is to show the evolution of a disease from its initial, semi-harmless form to the point when it can actually be the face of an apocalypse. This premise/concept alone is fascinating because if you are a tad bit inventive you can go…

• Matt

★★★★ Watched by Matt 15 Oct, 2011

To this day, I credit Contagion with the fact that I know what 'fomites' are.

• Despina

★★★ Watched by Despina 27 Apr, 2015

Conclusion: Gwyneth Paltrow is the source of all evil.

Kidding of course but while I felt that there was a purpose behind this (ie. a post-apocalyptic film) I also felt that too many cooks spoiled the broth and it became boring and uninteresting somewhere in the middle.

ps. Who DIDN'T appear in this? From A-listers to Bryan Cranston to Jennifer Ehle to the guy from Just Shoot Me. That's some impressive casting right there.

• TASSJA

★★★★ Added by TASSJA

a really good looking movie

• fultoncharlie

★★½ Watched by fultoncharlie 13 Jan, 2012

Not a bad movie, but something seems thin and unconvincing about this portrayal of an epidemic. Maybe the focus is too narrow, but I never got the sense of a sweeping national disaster. The locations seem underpopulated, and even the uncollected trash looks like it was placed by production assistants. The characters are mainly cardboard cutouts played by Big Stars, and the final reveal of how Paltrow as patient zero got infected is just silly. Still, a decent time if you don't have to pay for it. 5/10

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★ Watched by Kerry Maxwell 18 Apr, 2015

Competent, watchable, but way too many balls in the air to really keep me engaged. Not really a fan of the apocalyptic disaster genre to start with, and nothing particularly revelatory here.