• Carlos Rodríguez

★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 19 Jan, 2012

Although it started in a great way, Contagion suddenly became very boring and its capacity to grab my attention faded. The premise was very promising, it had a good director in charge, and the cast looked appealing and because of that, initially I thought this film would be fantastic, but I was wrong. My expectations were not fulfilled and I was left very disappointed.

As usual, being a Steven Soderbergh film it is normal to expect a competently made motion…

• John Connor

★★★ Watched by John Connor 22 Oct, 2011

I can't find fault with any of the technical aspects of 'Contagion': Soderbergh is a supremely gifted visual storyteller and it's crafted with an immense amount of skill. Unfortunately, the story bounces around between so many characters that we barely get to know anybody, and I had no emotional connection to the film whatsoever. Moments that were obviously intended to be moving fell completely flat (the exception was the relationship between Damon and Jacoby-Heron as a protective father and wilful daughter trying to isolate themselves to stay safe ... some judicious use of U2 helped that one story thread get across the line).

• John

★★½ Watched by John 10 Sep, 2014

While I wasn't disappointed with this movie, I certainly wasn't impressed. The beginning was thrilling and suspenseful, but as the movie went on, even though all the plots were realistic, they just weren't that interesting, somehow. The acting was all okay, with no one really leaping out at me. Not much to say.

• robert_holly

★★★½ Added by robert_holly

An eerie ensemble piece. Daring and shot well.

• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Nadie le puede negar a Steven Soderbergh su versatilidad, tanto que hace algo experimental como se monta en el carril de lo comercial, luego se marca un remake y en otras ocasiones puede juntar perfectamente lo comercial con cine mas ambicioso, lo cierto es que cuando suele acertar lo hace muy bien. Esta película coral recuerda mucho a Traffic por la forma de intentar tratar un tópico especifico de manera global y acompañarlo de un reparto de estrellas (que normalmente…

• Movieman97

★★★★ Added by Movieman97

Although some areas in "Contagion" seem too time-wasting and can take a while to get going, "Contagion" is still a highly interesting and tensely crafted drama that explores the thought-provoking mystery of a disease spreading throughout the world, while also delivering terrific directing, and fantastic performances from the entire cast.

• Ryan

★★★ Watched by Ryan 01 Sep, 2014 2

Please make more films, Mr. Soderbergh.

• Windyblue

★★★ Added by Windyblue

Of course Gwyneth Paltrow infects the world. This was only okay. It was weird that they cast Kate Winslet.

• JaySalahi

Watched by JaySalahi 28 Sep, 2012

D+ (69)

• sschuster

★★ Added by sschuster

I did not enjoy this one. I felt like there was just too much going on, and it didn't feel cohesive in the way that Traffic did.

• Peter Cameron

★★★ Watched by Peter Cameron 25 Aug, 2014

Really well paced and edited. Paranoia inducing without being OTT scaremongering. Probably could've done without Jude Law's silly character and Antipodean (I think?) accent and I think it loses steam a little bit in its final third, but solid overall. Impressive cast, too (I really didn't expect to see Demetri Martin or John Hawkes).

• Hunter

★★★ Watched by Hunter 18 Aug, 2014 2

Complete lack of subtlety, stale soundtrack, unfinished storylines, and a happy ending played out to an effing U2 song. What's wrong with this film? Nothing really. What's good about it? Nothing really.