• aaronobrien

★★★ Added by aaronobrien

A well crafted film that could of been much better than it actually is. It chooses to stay on the scientific side of the story rather then the human side of it, and I think this works against the films overall impact. It's solid but it probably won't stick with you.

• Tymikol

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tymikol 24 Jan, 2015 1

4th time watching Contagion.

2nd rewatch in 3 days.

Im still in love.

It might be the funnest movie to watch with friends who are watching it for the first time.

Not many movies could have withstood 2 viewings in 3 days. Even a masterpiece. (this is not a recommended habit.) In fact I liked it even more this time around. For that I must bump it up.

5/5

• Justin Powell

★★★★ Added by Justin Powell

This is one the most frightening films I have ever seen. This is what Outbreak has nightmares about.

• JaredM

★★★★ Watched by JaredM 22 Jan, 2015

So many stars in this movie, but the virus outshines them all. And that's not a bad thing.

The procedural aspect of this is close to the technical jargon of Primer. And I loved that movie too for not dumbing it down.

This was the best and worst movie for a germophobe like me to watch.

• CarltonDeleon

★★★½ Watched by CarltonDeleon 23 Jan, 2015

Contagion feels like a film that science teachers would show to students in a classroom. While disturbingly realistic, there is way too much expositional and dry technical dialogue in the script, and while the lead actors try their best to create a level of tension and believability, I didn't feel any connection with any of the many characters. [C+]

• Tymikol

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tymikol 22 Jan, 2015 6

This is my third time watching CONTAGION. If I you would have asked me how I felt about this film before yesterday, I probably would have said that I liked it a lot.... If you asked me now, Id say I freaking Love it!!

So many stars in this film, yet none of them take the spotlight. Contagion is all about the Virus. It feels so real world that It makes you want to take a bath right after. Or…

• Tom McGrath

★★★★ Rewatched by Tom McGrath 20 Jan, 2015

More about the power of either spreading or concealing information than about the spread of the disease itself, since like most movies of this kind it ultimately focuses on how word of the disease threatens societal institutions. The disease is a narrative catalyst to explore how informational networks can be manipulated or exploited for personal reasons either by government employees using their privileged status to save loved ones or high ranking officials ("make sure no one knows until everybody knows")…

• james

★★ Watched by james 18 Jan, 2015

I watched it for the first time last week but it felt like I've watched this ten times already, I didn't think the plot was very original and got bored early in the movie. In the end it was just like "that's it???". A bunch of talented actors tho but that doesn't make a good film to me

• Nick Chaney

★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Chaney 17 Jan, 2015

"This movie's energy is infectious!"

"Sick to death of your standard thrillers? Try Contagion!"

"The film's awesomeness just can't be contained."

"Like a shot in the arm, Contagion is just what you need."

"Contagion's thrills spreads like a virus."

"Looks like Hollywood is making a full recovery after this one!"

"Quarantine the theater. Nobody's allowed to leave until they've seen Contagion."

"Give Contagion a shot!"

"Contagion will cure your movie blues."

"If you don't like Contagion, we guarantee you your money back. Or a CAT scan!"

Film sites, please hire me.

• Scorcm83

★★★½ Watched by Scorcm83 18 Jan, 2015

Le seul reproche que je peux donner à ce film, c'est son manque "d'âme". En fait, tout est parfait, la réalisation, qui m'a beaucoup fait penser à du Fincher, la musique également, signée Cliff Martinez qui est décidément l'un de mes compositeurs favoris, les acteurs, avec une brochette de la sorte, difficile de reprocher quoi que ce soit lié à l'interprétation et enfin la manière de traiter la contagion. Pas de spectaculaire, tout passe par l'ambiance. Le problème, c'est que…

• Lena

★★★ Rewatched by Lena 18 Jan, 2015

A great bunch of actors in a film that was good but not great.

• Casey Pegram

★★★★ Rewatched by Casey Pegram 30 Dec, 2014

Better the second time around, removed from what must have been a certain Soderbergh fatigue I had settled into around its original release.