• DarkSkyreviews

★★★★½ Added by DarkSkyreviews

Feverish with excitement and gut-wrenching intensity, 'Contagion' is thrilling, well directed and well acted, sporting a stellar cast and an engaging script.

• Neale

★★★★★ Rewatched by Neale 17 Dec, 2014 1

Thumbs Up: Amazing dedication to realism and exploring what a world-wide pandemic would look like, Soderbergh's awesome cinematography and Mirrione's precise editing create almost unbearable dread and tension, incredible cast who all turn in excellent performances (its genuinely impossible to single any one actor out), superb score.

Thumbs Down: Marion Cotillard's sub-plot is a bit weak, the lack of a clear climax means the film just sort of winds down in a kind of undramatic (albeit more realistic) way.

• Kurt Fabisch

★★★★½ Watched by Kurt Fabisch 14 Dec, 2014

Watched Contagion for the first time.... and quickly washed my hands.

WHOA! This movie is outstanding. o.O

I wish I could redo the 2011 podcast we did, because this would have made the Top 10 for sure.

One of Soderbergh's best, for sure. Can't beat that cast.

Does for diseases what Traffic did for drugs.

It reminded me a lot of Children of Men and how THAT movie was a realistic depiction of the end of the world.

Contagion is…

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 09 Jan, 2012

6/10: A star-studded cast with an effective and frighteningly realistic thriller where a worldwide pandemic that can spread without warning, and its devastating aftermath. Similar to his earlier work Traffic (2000), Soderbergh skilfully interweaves various story lines to form a bigger picture.

• Jonas Danielsson

★★★½ Watched by Jonas Danielsson 25 Jan, 2014

One of the last films of recently retired, or at least retired from filmmaking, director Steven Soderbergh. He is one of these directors who seems to be endlessly productive in a wide set of genres but nevertheless has a certain touch which marks his films as unique. Few other filmmakers could make films that simultanously felt so like Hollywood star vehicles and nevertheless all his own. Perhaps Ang Lee can compete, but not many others.

Here he has as usual…

• circumaural

★★½ Watched by circumaural 06 Dec, 2014

"It's a bad day to be a rhesus monkey."
    I thought the first half of this movie was terribly cheesy, the middle started to get interesting and frightening, and the end was even cheesier than the beginning. It depicts some of the consequences of mass panic and desperation quite well, and should serve as a warning to people who are not in the slightest prepared for anything like this ever occurring. I liked Jude Law's home-made pressure suit, that was…

• 2unique

★★★½ Watched by 2unique 04 Dec, 2014

A great realistic take on on chaos surrounding the threat to mankind as a contagious disease spreads quickly. Very thought provoking and shot in a cold and clean way just like the story. Maybe a tad too cold at points. What I mean is I believe at times the characters in a FEW scenes seemed less emotional than maybe they should be in the scenario (Matt Damon). Yes we did see some human kindness but not much emotion besides a…

• Abdullah Boodai

★★★½ Rewatched by Abdullah Boodai 20 Oct, 2014

An interesting movie with a great ensemble cast, but it's far from being perfect.

• Jose Manuel Real

★★★ Watched by Jose Manuel Real 04 Dec, 2014

Una película de médicos en la que se demuestra que la naturaleza humana es lo puto peor cuando hay una gran amenaza. Es una de esas películas tipo de Soderbergh, con un muy buen trabajo actoral y la sensación de caos mundial muy bien plasmada, aunque para mi gusto le falta un poco más de chicha.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 21 May, 2013 1

Not a bad film, but I can't bring to mind anything I gained by watching it. A paranoid view of a viral outbreak going global. Despite the top actors involved, who made it watchable, the film didn't do much for me.

• eXtreme eVolution

★★★ Watched by eXtreme eVolution 26 Nov, 2011

Great cast, great delivery. The plot flowed well, but felt draggy from midway on. The flashbacks that tied in how it all started could have been introduced earlier on. Though that still gave the ending some impact, the uneventful conclusion that left loose ends hanging was disappointing and further leads to the conclusion: life goes on. Ironically, someone in the movie theatre was coughing throughout the movie.

• MovieMan23

★★½ Added by MovieMan23

Extremely enjoyable thriller but, it will soon fade from memory.