• Kerlebaby

★★½ Watched by Kerlebaby 30 Oct, 2014

Quite realistic i guess. I liked all the different factors they included in this movie, how people react before, during and after the outbreak etc.
    But a little sense of suspense would have been nice.. A bit more music and stuff.
    Can't understand the huge names in this movie wich feels like a B-flick.

• djaha

★★★★ Rewatched by djaha 26 Oct, 2014

Poor poor Matt Damon. :-(

• misha winchester

★★★★ Added by misha winchester

i'm scared mom

• Chris Krajci

★★★★ Watched by Chris Krajci 23 Oct, 2014

Can't tell if this was the best time or the worst time to watch this.

It's definitely the film Hollywood would be making right now if this didn't already exist.

I'd write more of my thoughts, but I need to go wash my hands.

[4 = Great]

• Matheus Albano

★★½ Watched by Matheus Albano 20 Oct, 2014

Earlier today I came across some articles about this crazy ebola virus spreading and in the true spirit of october, asked myself "hey, what is more frightening than the true horror that is the outside world?". With that question still fresh in mind, I remembered this little film and how it appeared as subject of a conversation when a friend mentioned how "twas alright". This sequence of thoughts led me to the idea of sparing my immune system from any…

• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 17 Oct, 2014 7

The Film Ape Self Imposed Isolation Procedure Should There be an Epidemic

Items Required

1 Plain White Room (of decent size)
    1 Bed (king-size)
    10 Pillows (of varying sizes)
    5 Blankets (2 howling wolves pattern, 2 popular rock group pattern, 1 zombie Marilyn Monroe pattern.)
    1 Television (70 inch or larger)
    2 Backup Televisions (50 inch or larger)
    Blurays (No less than 2,000)
    DVDs (for pretentious art film stuff that isn't on Bluray, no less than 500)
    42 12-Packs of…

• Javier

★★★★ Rewatched by Javier 15 Oct, 2014

"stop touching your face"

Steven Soderbergh Contagion was sponsor by Clorox® bleach & wipes, if you need more information go to clorox.com or find them on twitter @WeAreAllDoom_Bleach ‎

• zkorpi

Watched by zkorpi 16 Oct, 2014

Yes, I watched this because of Ebola.

It's actually exactly what I was hoping for. A very good exploration of what a big epidemic would really go down like in modern times. If I was just looking for an engaging and satisfying movie, this wouldn't have fit the bill. But I was looking for speculative fiction, and this fit the bill EXACTLY. I really enjoyed it.

Soderbergh's wide lenses are nicely Kubrickian. His geared-head dolly shots are great. The lighting…

• shanderson88

★★★★ Rewatched by shanderson88 15 Oct, 2014 2

This was my second viewing of Contagion, so I knew exactly what was coming. Also, keep in mind that I am not someone that freaks out over potential epidemics, as I currently find it amusing watching us Americans panic over two people out of 350 million contracting Ebola, while the fact that thousands are dying from it in West Africa isn't even as compelling as what a celebrity was wearing at the beach yesterday.

I have washed my hands probably 8 times since the film ended 8 hours ago.

Mission accomplished, Soderbergh.

• Matt Fisher

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Fisher 07 Oct, 2014

After seeing this and reading Timcop's subtle and nuanced review I decided that I wanted to look at what an actual epidemic would look like.

While I know fuck all about medicine, Soderbergh seems to get all the nuts and bolts right from just about every conceivable angle. While it's mildly unbelievable that things proceeded and resolved so quickly I can't say that really matters in regards to just how darn entertaining the whole affair is.

• Juan Bacaro

★★★★½ Watched by Juan Bacaro 10 Oct, 2014 1

Con todas las noticias que leí esta semana me ha provocado ver "Contagion", una de las pocas películas del mago cruel Steven Soderbergh que aún no había tenido la suerte de disfrutar.

Con un guión muy inteligente (de Scott Z. Burns) esta cinta aborda el tema -una vez más- de una posible catástrofe global provocada por un virus desconocido. Y lo mejor es que lo hace de la forma más holística posible, en una suerte de drama que está más cerca del thriller científico que de la ciencia ficción.

¿Es esta una de las mejores películas del oscarizado Soderbergh? ¿Qué opinan?

Snob-ébola.

• Taylor

★★★½ Watched by Taylor 01 Oct, 2014

Bc of this movie every time I get the flu I think I'm gonna be like Gwyneth and kill half the population