• Jason Bally

★★★★ Added by Jason Bally

Soderbergh is a pro, plain and simple. He manages to tell a gripping tale while balancing multiple storylines with all kinds of A-list talent all the while not depending on some sort of bullshit car chase or other nonsense to satisfy the short attention span of the remote control generation. Oh, and he doesn't dummy down the material either.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 25 Nov, 2015 4

Steven Soderbergh's eye for unfamiliarity and making the aforementioned unfamiliar feel closer to us is unparalleled.

• Bryan Reeves

Techs 16/20
    Entertainment 16/20

• Chris Browning

★★★½ Watched by Chris Browning 15 Nov, 2015

a pretty good attempt to make a "realistic" disaster movie - and as a bonus you get to see the top of gwynneth paltrow's head sawn off. result!

• Christopher Sorgiovanni

★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Sorgiovanni 12 Nov, 2015

This movie is one of the most effective things I’ve ever seen. I still remember how uneasy I was, staring at hand rails/poles while riding public transit for weeks after my initial viewing. And that final montage is absolutely brilliant. Favourite score of 2011, as well.

I probably shouldn’t have watched this so late at night...

• apehead

★★★★ Added by apehead

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Connor Lightbody

★★★★ Watched by Connor Lightbody 07 Nov, 2015

This is what happened between Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Absorbing and thrilling but feels messy with so many juggled characters in this great ensemble of cast. Does it want to be a search for the cure, does it want to be a character drama with a dad who loses his wife and has to deal with her being the cause, a governemnt conspiracy film. It suffers from an identity…

• Ediz Can Günenç

Watched by Ediz Can Günenç 03 Nov, 2015

Boring as fuck.

• kstreets

★★★½ Watched by kstreets 22 Oct, 2015

Absorbing, pretty scary drama. The science aspect is not overwhelming at all, explained clearly and accessible to even the most science-deaf viewer (aka me). If Jude Law's plot had been completely cut (and maybe Marion's ending expanded slightly more) this would've gotten a higher rating.

• Patrick Devitt

★★★½ Watched by Patrick Devitt 19 Oct, 2015

Soderbergh takes the played-out epidemic film and presents an incredibly fresh twist to it. Boasting magnificent performances from its all-star cast, Contagion flies by in a blink of an eye. Soderbergh wastes no time by implementing needless scenes of exposition. Instead, he jumps right into the whole ordeal in the first few minutes of the film. Just from the very first scene alone, it is apparent that Soderbergh has complete control over how he wants to present the spread of…

• deasnutz879