• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 17 Oct, 2014 7

The Film Ape Self Imposed Isolation Procedure Should There be an Epidemic

Items Required

1 Plain White Room (of decent size)
    1 Bed (king-size)
    10 Pillows (of varying sizes)
    5 Blankets (2 howling wolves pattern, 2 popular rock group pattern, 1 zombie Marilyn Monroe pattern.)
    1 Television (70 inch or larger)
    2 Backup Televisions (50 inch or larger)
    Blurays (No less than 2,000)
    DVDs (for pretentious art film stuff that isn't on Bluray, no less than 500)
    42 12-Packs of…

• Javier

★★★★ Rewatched by Javier 15 Oct, 2014

"stop touching your face"

Steven Soderbergh Contagion was sponsor by Clorox® bleach & wipes, if you need more information go to clorox.com or find them on twitter @WeAreAllDoom_Bleach ‎

• zkorpi

Watched by zkorpi 16 Oct, 2014

Yes, I watched this because of Ebola.

It's actually exactly what I was hoping for. A very good exploration of what a big epidemic would really go down like in modern times. If I was just looking for an engaging and satisfying movie, this wouldn't have fit the bill. But I was looking for speculative fiction, and this fit the bill EXACTLY. I really enjoyed it.

Soderbergh's wide lenses are nicely Kubrickian. His geared-head dolly shots are great. The lighting…

• shanderson88

★★★★ Rewatched by shanderson88 15 Oct, 2014 2

This was my second viewing of Contagion, so I knew exactly what was coming. Also, keep in mind that I am not someone that freaks out over potential epidemics, as I currently find it amusing watching us Americans panic over two people out of 350 million contracting Ebola, while the fact that thousands are dying from it in West Africa isn't even as compelling as what a celebrity was wearing at the beach yesterday.

I have washed my hands probably 8 times since the film ended 8 hours ago.

Mission accomplished, Soderbergh.

• Matt Fisher

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Fisher 07 Oct, 2014

After seeing this and reading Timcop's subtle and nuanced review I decided that I wanted to look at what an actual epidemic would look like.

While I know fuck all about medicine, Soderbergh seems to get all the nuts and bolts right from just about every conceivable angle. While it's mildly unbelievable that things proceeded and resolved so quickly I can't say that really matters in regards to just how darn entertaining the whole affair is.

• Juan Bacaro

★★★★½ Watched by Juan Bacaro 10 Oct, 2014

Con todas las noticias que leí esta semana me ha provocado ver "Contagion", una de las pocas películas del mago cruel Steven Soderbergh que aún no había tenido la suerte de disfrutar.

Con un guión muy inteligente (de Scott Z. Burns) esta cinta aborda el tema -una vez más- de una posible catástrofe global provocada por un virus desconocido. Y lo mejor es que lo hace de la forma más holística posible, en una suerte de drama que está más cerca del thriller científico que de la ciencia ficción.

¿Es esta una de las mejores películas del oscarizado Soderbergh? ¿Qué opinan?

Snob-ébola.

• Taylor

★★★½ Watched by Taylor 01 Oct, 2014

Bc of this movie every time I get the flu I think I'm gonna be like Gwyneth and kill half the population

• iliana dd

Added by iliana dd 2

Best Sleep E-V-E-R. Literally. EVER! 1-star γιατί το cast ήταν πολλά υποσχόμενο :)

• Timcop

★★★½ Watched by Timcop 06 Oct, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Joe DiCanio

★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 09 Sep, 2011

Rating: C+

• Sam Denyer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Denyer 05 Oct, 2014

Holding up just as well upon second viewing, Contagion's ultra-realism and talented cast give this thriller an eerie and chilling undertone.

• Sam Donchess

★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Donchess 03 Oct, 2014

First time watching this since its theatrical release - still plenty to love about this film. The plodding pacing doesn't let up on the tension one bit from scene to scene. What it lacks in heart, it makes up for with intelligence and impressive direction in spades. The scene when Matt Damon speaks with his wife's doctor is terrifying.