• tassja

★★★★ Added by tassja

a really good looking movie

• fultoncharlie

★★½ Watched by fultoncharlie 13 Jan, 2012

Not a bad movie, but something seems thin and unconvincing about this portrayal of an epidemic. Maybe the focus is too narrow, but I never got the sense of a sweeping national disaster. The locations seem underpopulated, and even the uncollected trash looks like it was placed by production assistants. The characters are mainly cardboard cutouts played by Big Stars, and the final reveal of how Paltrow as patient zero got infected is just silly. Still, a decent time if you don't have to pay for it. 5/10

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★ Watched by Kerry Maxwell 18 Apr, 2015

Competent, watchable, but way too many balls in the air to really keep me engaged. Not really a fan of the apocalyptic disaster genre to start with, and nothing particularly revelatory here.

• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 10 Sep, 2011

I believe Jeremiah and I saw this theatrically at the AMC Parks Mall. While watching, I had a small but intense dilemma over whether or not I should put my hand on the armrest:

-hand down-
    -snatch hand back up-
    -stare at armrest suspiciously-
    -tentatively place hand back-
    -quickly curl it back against my chest in fear-

And so on. Good times!

My original review: Engaging from beginning to end, this movie will have you seeing everyday objects - and…

• Reece Leonard

★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

Stylishly shot and exceptionally well-acted, "Contagion" is a solid thriller with a smart look into the psychology of the ways in which human beings react to 21st century epidemics.

• Garreth Lipe

★★★★½ Rewatched by Garreth Lipe 05 Apr, 2015

I'm just gonna go wash my hand a few thousands times and never touch my face again. cya.

• Andrew Eaton

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Eaton 08 Jan, 2012

I went to a WHO conference in Geneva and the speaker said Contagion was the most realistic depiction of epidemics put to screen. One of those things, like all phobias, where it either scares you or it doesn't.

• Andy McMahon

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy McMahon 11 Apr, 2015

I think this is a really intelligent piece of filmmaking- like an all star version of Threads it has something to say and I really enjoyed the way it's put together.

• bastien03r5

★★★ Added by bastien03r5

OK.

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★ Watched by Keith LaFountaine 30 Mar, 2015

Contagion is heart-pounding and terrifying in a way a slasher film could never be. Deftly directed and excellently written, this film is a top-notch thriller that never allows you to breathe - even at the end when everything seems okay.

• JuicyGS

★★★★ Added by JuicyGS

Spoiler...Paltrow carps it within minutes of the start which brilliantly sets the scene for the deadly virus. WHO could not have produced a better public health vid..as the title credits roll you dare not touch anything without wearing a pair of marigolds.,..

• Duvella

★★½ Watched by Duvella 28 Mar, 2015

An inside view of an virus outbreak. most interesting learning how the two main components of the virus came to be. it takes a long time to get there though. Outbreak was better.