• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 17 Oct, 2014 7

The Film Ape Self Imposed Isolation Procedure Should There be an Epidemic

Items Required

1 Plain White Room (of decent size)
    1 Bed (king-size)
    10 Pillows (of varying sizes)
    5 Blankets (2 howling wolves pattern, 2 popular rock group pattern, 1 zombie Marilyn Monroe pattern.)
    1 Television (70 inch or larger)
    2 Backup Televisions (50 inch or larger)
    Blurays (No less than 2,000)
    DVDs (for pretentious art film stuff that isn't on Bluray, no less than 500)
    42 12-Packs of…

• Sam Denyer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Denyer 05 Oct, 2014

Holding up just as well upon second viewing, Contagion's ultra-realism and talented cast give this thriller an eerie and chilling undertone.

• Sam Denyer

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Denyer 18 Aug, 2014

Boasting a top-notch cast (including magnetic performances from Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard, Jennifer Ehle and Laurence Fishburne) and a brilliant writer-director, Contagion is an accurate and gripping thriller, which is both eerily relevant and uncomfortably chilling.

• Victor Krause

★★★★★ Watched by Victor Krause 20 Jul, 2014

It's like if Magnolia got sick.

• Michael Waller

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Waller 09 Sep, 2011

I got very concerned about germs while I was watching Contagion. I was downright scared of catching something when I walked with my movie group from the theater to the restaurant where we were eating dinner after the movie. I'm surprised I ate anything. But I was hungry.

• Nat Almirall

★★★★★ Added by Nat Almirall

Gweneth Paltrow gets an unexpected face lift; hilarity ensues.

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★★ Added by Derek Diercksmeier 1

Gripping, terrifying, and incredibly intense, "Contagion" is exceptionally brilliant. The film conveys panic and paranoia more effectively than any film I've seen. The score by Cliff Martinez is brilliant and Soderbergh's direction is sublime. The ensemble cast is spectacular. Every frame is riveting and every performance is terrific. The pacing is perfect, with one of the finest narrative structures in recent memory. It's pure cinema.

• Jason Bailey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Bailey 13 Jan, 2014

The baby's naps have gotten considerably shorter, and since I can no longer depend on her to go down for two hours straight, you're gonna start seeing a lot more re-watches on here.

Point is, "Contagion" is still amazing.

• Chris

★★★★★ Watched by Chris 08 Jan, 2014

This has seriously freaked me out. I'm struggling to see how this wouldn't happen and worrying how I'd cope.

So well put together.

• Mark Boszko

★★★★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 28 Sep, 2013

Uncompromising view of all facets of the disease and the people involved in the attempt to cure it. Feels like a smaller movie than one would think, considering the global scale and wide scope of the story. That's not a knock against it — I always felt like it was a global problem seen through small slices of the population.

In fact, now that I'm reading the book, World War Z, I see why I was so disappointed in that…

• Andrew Kueh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Kueh 27 Jul, 2013

Compellingly Slick

• David Nolan

★★★★★ Added by David Nolan

Taking a particular subgenre of the popular 1970s disaster movie, the pandemic thriller, and thoroughly modernising it, Soderbergh, together with his screenwriter Scott Z Burns, demonstrates again that there are few better filmmakers in America currently making adult entertainments. Contagion is a procedural, a precise account of how a virus spreads through the world, and also an account of how the bodies put in place by the human race identify it, classify it and eventually counter it. But it is…