• Chad Anderson

★★★ Watched by Chad Anderson 13 Feb, 2014

Maybe a 3.25. I saw this on the plane home to the US. I did not see it go through the Korean theaters so I was eager to "discover" it on the plane and certainly enjoyed it, though I would have enjoyed it much more so in the theater, particularly if I could have seen it together with the most beautiful woman in the world, who is always a joy to watch a movie with.

• Stijn De Meyere

★★½ Watched by Stijn De Meyere 11 Apr, 2014

Niets origineels, maar genietbaar.

• JinkGames

★★★★★ Added by JinkGames

Otra película demasiado buena de uno de mis actores favoritos, Mark Wahlberg.

• Steve Dickson

★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 21 Mar, 2014

Quite enjoyed this second time around too. Good story and some good performances as well as being well put together.

• Alex A

★★★ Added by Alex A

It has solid performances and pacing, and an easy to follow storyline, even though it's basically Gone In 60 Seconds with counterfeit money instead of cars. The biggest problem is how convoluted the middle of the film is. Had Contraband remained a straight forward heist thriller, instead of having the main character need to go to several different locations to retrieve the money, my rating would be higher. The convolution makes the film forgettable as well, and the choice of music for the films ending is terrible.

• Eugene McCrann

★★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

My fantasy of Mark Wahlberg describing this movie to a friend: "Yeah, so it's like The Departed and The Town, but I'm in the lead, and I'm out the game, you know, trying to be legit. Out the game for good. Until my knucklehead brother-in-law fucks it all up. Then I got to get back in the game for one last score, cause I'm not about to let these assholes fuck with my family. My fucking family! And we all…

• Dave Adamson

★★★½ Watched by Dave Adamson 09 Feb, 2014

A film far more complicated than you'd perhaps expect, Mark Wahlberg plays an ex con who has turned his life around only to find things fall apart from his brother in law makes a mistake.

With multiple layers of corruption in play, no honour amongst thieves and a rollercoaster of a plot, the cast put in performances that are riveting, amongst them Wahlberg, Ben Foster and Giovannia Ribisi.

Contraband has equal measures of grit and polish.

• Ben Harris

★★ Watched by Ben Harris 02 Feb, 2014

Lost interest after the first 20 minutes.

• Justin Velasquez

★★★ Watched by Justin Velasquez 13 Jan, 2012

This is pretty much what one would expect from a Mark Wahlberg action film. Marky Mark again plays the "good" bad guy who, although has gone straight, gets back into his former criminal lifestyle to help save his brother-in-law from an annoyingly creepy Giovanni Ribisi. Contraband goes right into it and the action scenes aren't bad. There are some major flaws with the story and no one is very likeable, but it's a fun ride and Ben Foster is easily the best performance. Could've used a bit more charm, like with The Italian Job remake, but it's not a bad time at the movies.

• Foz Rotten

★★★½ Watched by Foz Rotten 17 Jun, 2012

Very disappointing, but a great cast.

• Ian Woolstencroft

★★½ Watched by Ian Woolstencroft 18 Jan, 2014

Average thriller with a weak lead villain. The big action sequence in the middle of the film feels like padding, it's only there so we can have lots of bullets flying around. Wahlberg and Foster's confrontation brings new meaning to anticlimactic and Kate Beckinsale does her best but she's fighting a losing battle with a role that's little more than a stereotype.

• Patrick Bonner