• savvybulge

★★★½ Added by savvybulge

The only thing this movie has going for it, beyond the phenomenal casting, is novelty of subject matter--I can't name one other movie that's essentially a procedural on international marine cargo smuggling. In fact I'm only rewatching it now because I have some business lately with an international marine cargo company. Otherwise it's simply "Gone in 60 Seconds" on a freight liner, with one of that cast recycled. That trick with the salt is old school. But I bet it still goes on.

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 05 Dec, 2012

6/10:

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and it made a decent profit margin of roughly $70 million. The storyline is action packed but this is where I should really say it has strong similarities to Gone In 60 Seconds, just minus the cars and replace them with drugs mainly. The length and tempo of Contraband is somewhat concerning because the time is roughly 120 minutes and the tempo is very slow and doesn't really move at any…

• Evan

★★½ Added by Evan

Things that I use to trust, for the most part, short & fast action movie trailers. The second one was action films that starred Mark Wahlberg. In my head this was usually a no brainier. I would enjoy it. And if it was a combination of both I was there. Maybe not first day but eventually it would scoot up my must see list until I could get a hold of it. Contraband was that film. When I saw the trailer…

• Panta Oz

★★★ Added by Panta Oz

I know now the work of the director Baltasar Kormákur, and because I usually enjoy Mark Wahlberg I decided to finally watch this movie which I got a year ago. This action crime thriller with Kate Beckinsale, Ben Foster, Caleb Landry Jones, Giovanni Ribisi, Lukas Haas, Diego Luna and J. K. Simmons is actually a remake of the 2008 Icelandic film Reykjavík-Rotterdam which Baltasar Kormákur starred in.

I cannot say that I find the work of the director or the…

• nickgraz95

Added by nickgraz95

6.5/10. Decent thriller

• Iestyn Lloyd

★★½ Watched by Iestyn Lloyd 12 Nov, 2014

If it wasn't for the second half getting better I would have given it one star

• MovieGuru

★★ Watched by MovieGuru 09 Nov, 2014

I can assure you that I only watched this randomly because there was nothing else on. I was watching this one in between Homeland, and I certainly found Homeland more entertaining than this nonsense.

I don't usually mind films that are played out on a predictable plot, as long as they are executed finely. You'd assume that with this cast this would happen, but it just doesn't click much.

• elliotx

★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 26 Sep, 2014

Solid action thriller with a surprisingly good story and a good amount of tension too, all played well by Wahlberg, Foster and Ribisi. Good direction and overall just a really good movie!

• JaySalahi

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 20 Jun, 2013

C (76)

• helsy33

★½ Added by helsy33

It was late, I didn't know what to watch and played pick a random film game on Lovefilm. This is what I ended up with.

I expected worse to be fair after what I'd heard. That said, it isn't great. It lacks originality which probably wouldn't be an issue if it had been well executed.

There was surprisingly a lack of action, which is what I was after for easy watching, and some of the acting left a bit to…

• le_munhoz

★★★ Watched by le_munhoz 29 Aug, 2014

Bom suspense e com uma história bacana sobre contrabando! O final é uma grande reviravolta na vida do personagem e também de sua família!