• Iestyn Lloyd

★★½ Watched by Iestyn Lloyd 12 Nov, 2014

If it wasn't for the second half getting better I would have given it one star

• MovieGuru

★★ Watched by MovieGuru 09 Nov, 2014

I can assure you that I only watched this randomly because there was nothing else on. I was watching this one in between Homeland, and I certainly found Homeland more entertaining than this nonsense.

I don't usually mind films that are played out on a predictable plot, as long as they are executed finely. You'd assume that with this cast this would happen, but it just doesn't click much.

• elliotx

★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 26 Sep, 2014

Solid action thriller with a surprisingly good story and a good amount of tension too, all played well by Wahlberg, Foster and Ribisi. Good direction and overall just a really good movie!

• JaySalahi

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 20 Jun, 2013

C (76)

• helsy33

★½ Added by helsy33

It was late, I didn't know what to watch and played pick a random film game on Lovefilm. This is what I ended up with.

I expected worse to be fair after what I'd heard. That said, it isn't great. It lacks originality which probably wouldn't be an issue if it had been well executed.

There was surprisingly a lack of action, which is what I was after for easy watching, and some of the acting left a bit to…

• le_munhoz

★★★ Watched by le_munhoz 29 Aug, 2014

Bom suspense e com uma história bacana sobre contrabando! O final é uma grande reviravolta na vida do personagem e também de sua família!

• moviedave

★★ Rewatched by moviedave 10 Jul, 2014

mark Wahlburg, kate bekinsale
    the plot
    a retired smuggler (M.W) has to do one last job when his wife's young brother gets into trouble trying to smuggle drugs, gets caught and dumps the cocaine in the sea.
    M.W has to do a money smuggling job to pay off the boy's debt to drug lord or he will be killed.

review
    an ok movie to watch on a Sunday afternoon when there's nothing else on telly. not worth a visit to cinema.
    action is in short supply, a couple of gun fights liven it up in the middle. all in all, though pretty lame.

• Carolinanz

★★★ Added by Carolinanz

"You think you're the only guy with a fucking gun?"

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• SamRieck

★½ Added by SamRieck

About as forgettable as it gets.

• Fish

★★★ Watched by Fish 26 Jun, 2014

Wahlberg, Beckinsale, Ribisi and Foster, what could go wrong?

Strangely, not very much at all. 'Contraband' is nothing revolutionary, but it is a solid action thriller. Explosions and car chases, smuggling and gangsters.

Happily though, Contraband has a little more too it. There is the roller coaster of who is the man in control, and there is always someone higher up.

Some cracking performances, and enough to it to keep you intrigued to the end.

• Joe

Watched by Joe 16 Jan, 2012

not marky mark's best work