• elliotx

★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 26 Sep, 2014

Solid action thriller with a surprisingly good story and a good amount of tension too, all played well by Wahlberg, Foster and Ribisi. Good direction and overall just a really good movie!

• JaySalahi

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 20 Jun, 2013

C (76)

• helsy33

★½ Added by helsy33

It was late, I didn't know what to watch and played pick a random film game on Lovefilm. This is what I ended up with.

I expected worse to be fair after what I'd heard. That said, it isn't great. It lacks originality which probably wouldn't be an issue if it had been well executed.

There was surprisingly a lack of action, which is what I was after for easy watching, and some of the acting left a bit to…

• le_munhoz

★★★ Watched by le_munhoz 29 Aug, 2014

Bom suspense e com uma história bacana sobre contrabando! O final é uma grande reviravolta na vida do personagem e também de sua família!

• moviedave

★★ Rewatched by moviedave 10 Jul, 2014

mark Wahlburg, kate bekinsale
    the plot
    a retired smuggler (M.W) has to do one last job when his wife's young brother gets into trouble trying to smuggle drugs, gets caught and dumps the cocaine in the sea.
    M.W has to do a money smuggling job to pay off the boy's debt to drug lord or he will be killed.

review
    an ok movie to watch on a Sunday afternoon when there's nothing else on telly. not worth a visit to cinema.
    action is in short supply, a couple of gun fights liven it up in the middle. all in all, though pretty lame.

• Carolinanz

★★★ Added by Carolinanz

"You think you're the only guy with a fucking gun?"

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• SamRieck

★½ Added by SamRieck

About as forgettable as it gets.

• Fish

★★★ Watched by Fish 26 Jun, 2014

Wahlberg, Beckinsale, Ribisi and Foster, what could go wrong?

Strangely, not very much at all. 'Contraband' is nothing revolutionary, but it is a solid action thriller. Explosions and car chases, smuggling and gangsters.

Happily though, Contraband has a little more too it. There is the roller coaster of who is the man in control, and there is always someone higher up.

Some cracking performances, and enough to it to keep you intrigued to the end.

• Joe

Watched by Joe 16 Jan, 2012

not marky mark's best work

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Contraband crime thriller film directed by Baltasar Kormákur. Starring Mark Wahlberg, The film is a remake of Icelandic film Reykjavík-Rotterdam.

Mark finds himself and his family at risk after his young brother-in-law dumped the drugs that he was supposed to smuggle - with knowledge and experience of formerly in the business, Mark takes up to save the lives.

Film is tense in storytelling, but I felt unsatisfying watch whole lot of movie set in dark part of the day. Mark…

• TajLV

★★★ Added by TajLV

Wahlberg plays a smuggler who has left the business, but the business won’t leave him alone. One thing goes wrong after another in this “cross me, double-cross you, triple-cross everybody” adventure to Panama to bring a certain package back to the Port of New Orleans. Pretty convincing as suspense movies go, and the twist at the end is a nice touch, even it’s rather obvious.