• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• SamRieck

★½ Added by SamRieck

About as forgettable as it gets.

• Fish

★★★ Watched by Fish 26 Jun, 2014

Wahlberg, Beckinsale, Ribisi and Foster, what could go wrong?

Strangely, not very much at all. 'Contraband' is nothing revolutionary, but it is a solid action thriller. Explosions and car chases, smuggling and gangsters.

Happily though, Contraband has a little more too it. There is the roller coaster of who is the man in control, and there is always someone higher up.

Some cracking performances, and enough to it to keep you intrigued to the end.

• Joe

Watched by Joe 16 Jan, 2012

not marky mark's best work

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Contraband crime thriller film directed by Baltasar Kormákur. Starring Mark Wahlberg, The film is a remake of Icelandic film Reykjavík-Rotterdam.

Mark finds himself and his family at risk after his young brother-in-law dumped the drugs that he was supposed to smuggle - with knowledge and experience of formerly in the business, Mark takes up to save the lives.

Film is tense in storytelling, but I felt unsatisfying watch whole lot of movie set in dark part of the day. Mark…

• TajLV

★★★ Added by TajLV

Wahlberg plays a smuggler who has left the business, but the business won’t leave him alone. One thing goes wrong after another in this “cross me, double-cross you, triple-cross everybody” adventure to Panama to bring a certain package back to the Port of New Orleans. Pretty convincing as suspense movies go, and the twist at the end is a nice touch, even it’s rather obvious.

• Frazer McMath

★★ Added by Frazer McMath

Ok, Mark Wahlberg. You're just plain lucky in this movie. That could've been anyone's phone, couldn't it? This movie is alright, it's just the ending is so fucking impossible. *Spoiler* I would never guess that my wife's cellphone is about to be buried with her in cement. Would you?

• Meri Peltola

★★★ Watched by Meri Peltola 08 May, 2014

Coming in with low expectations, I actually enjoyed watching this quite a bit. Nothing spectacular, but a solid heist flick with some intense action sequences and thrilling plot twists.

• Damian Costanza

★★★ Watched by Damian Costanza 03 May, 2014

La pillé un sábado por la noche en la TV y me entretuvo, que cojones, hasta hubo momentos de tensión. Ahora bien, la hubiese visto por motu propio, pues puede que no.

• Tony Black

Watched by Tony Black 24 Apr, 2014

It's been some time since such a feeling of chronic boredom set in than was felt watching Contraband. Baltasar Kormakur's film is one of the dullest blends of nothing I've experienced for some time. It is a thriller? Well aren't they supposed to be thrilling? Is it an action flick? Aren't they supposed to have action? Oh so it's an edgy, family drama then? Just no.

What Contraband is, is bland formula from start to finish. Kormakur simply falls back…

• john lichman

★★½ Added by john lichman

Kind-of neat heist flick that isn't afraid to admit it gets boring so they shift the action off-boat to a Brazilian art heist involving a paranoid gangster (Diego Luna!) and a Jackson Pollock painting.

The b-plot of the film involves the many different ways Giovanni Ribisi is beaten up. One assumes someone will write a unifying theory with Ted.

• Chad Anderson

★★★ Watched by Chad Anderson 13 Feb, 2014

Maybe a 3.25. I saw this on the plane home to the US. I did not see it go through the Korean theaters so I was eager to "discover" it on the plane and certainly enjoyed it, though I would have enjoyed it much more so in the theater, particularly if I could have seen it together with the most beautiful woman in the world, who is always a joy to watch a movie with.