• Gvas

★★½ Rewatched by Gvas 12 Apr, 2015

As far as cinematic debuts go , Anton Corbijn's "Control" is raw and abstract , but it's definitely on the side of the promising ones. And the good thing is that Corbijn managed to fulfill that promise, delivering three emotional punches in a row (The American, A Most Wanted Man, Life).

• Gerardo PC

★★★★ Added by Gerardo PC 2

Love will tear us apart.

Es increíble lo que la mente y los sentimientos son capaces de hacerle a uno, Ian Curtis siendo un genio musical y que escribía canciones excelentes no pudo contra su enfermedad y menos contra sus sentimientos, su mente lo destruyó y con él se fue una gran banda que pudo marcar una época, más de lo que lo hizo.

• ericn67

★★★★½ Added by ericn67

Firstly you don't have to be a fan of Joy Division to enjoy this film but it helps.

This film is a biopic on the English band Joy Division and mainly focuses on the lead singer Ian Curtis. This movie is not just a biopic is about being young and confused and feeling pressured into things you don't really want to do in life, this is quite refreshing compared to other biopics which are normally cut and dry.

Acting (5/5)…

• Harry Simmo

★★★★½ Watched by Harry Simmo 01 Apr, 2015

I knew how this was going to end. You know how this is going to end. Everyone knows how this is going to end. The foreshadowing is emotional.

The way this magically depressing biopic is built up is outstanding. I've been left with tears running down my face. Sam Riley is fantastic as Ian Curtis. I don't think the part could have been played any better.

Control takes a deeply personal look at Ian Curtis' troubled life. A true hero,…

• sven.

★★★ Watched by sven. 30 Mar, 2015

jede zweite silbe wird verschluckt und somit (nicht selten) auch

die leichtigkeit und der rhythmus des films.

corbijn inszeniert das sehr stark.

nah und distanziert zugleich.

wunderschön photografiert.

riley ist als curtis sehr glaubhaft.

man sieht die hingabe (ohne zweifel), spürt sie aber zu selten

of likely lads and dark punk attitude.

• supastahhh

★★★★★ Added by supastahhh

beautiful

• James Utley

★★★★ Watched by James Utley 20 Mar, 2015

With its monochrome photography, Control is reminiscent of those iconic photos of the band Joy Divison, who the film follows. Corbijn's film is more intimate than a band biopic, though, and works more as a dissection of Ian Curtis' life from late adolescence to untimely death.

The biggest load of praise the film gets is, more often than not, for the lead performance. I have to say, I wasn't as thrilled as I expected to be which really kills me…

• FredM

★★★½ Watched by FredM 17 Mar, 2015

Performances.
    Black and white cinematography.
    Intensity.

All impeccable.

However, the true star of this movie?

Those bass lines.
    They send shivers down the spine.

• ninamelli

★★★★★ Watched by ninamelli 11 Mar, 2015

• André Belo

★★★★ Watched by André Belo 11 Mar, 2015

As I reported before, in some other review, I reaffirm the following: After I watched black and white movies such as 'Casablanca', 'Good Night, and Good Luck', 'Nebraska', 'Schindler's List' and now this one, I begin to believe this kind of films are actually good, maybe because, beyond anything else. they are truly focused on the story. Therefore, needless to say that I will be searching for some more like these to watch in the future, because films in colors are definitely overrated.

• André Dick

★★★★ Watched by André Dick 06 Mar, 2015

Esta cinebiografia para o líder do Joy Division Ian Curtis realizada por Anton Corbijn, que chegou a fotografar a banda, tem uma atmosfera que remete claramente aos anos 70, por meio do trabalho de James Ruhe. É esta fotografia em preto e branco que dá um peso para o filme em todos os sentidos, captando realmente o personagem, com a colaboração do grande ator Sam Riley. O filme pode não ter a melancolia de “Últimos dias”, de Gus Van Sant,…

• YelenaDawg