• Michael Woods

★★★★½ Watched by Michael Woods 27 Nov, 2015

I used to listen to some Joy Division during the 2014 summer holidays when I left my past high school. In a weird way, the music of Joy Division with songs like 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' and 'Atmosphere' helped me relax from the stress I had from my past high school. As of the band itself, I didn't know much about the formation of the band or Ian Curtis. But 'Control' certainly did a good job doing a film…

• Calum Russell

★★★★★ Added by Calum Russell

I'm not very much into my music biopics. They usually all radiate a similar feeling of pompousness as they romanticise the icon, gushing their love for the people by showing how stylistically rebellious and alternative they were.

Control is so good.

'Ian Curtis' the real life name, doesn't even need to be in this film for it to work. On its own this film is a tragic tale on the fragility of youth, the protagonist is never romanticised, he is…

• Courtney Cheshire

★★★★ Watched by Courtney Cheshire 16 Nov, 2015

Beautifully shot and performed, Control still suffers from Biopic About a Musician Syndrome.

• anakin23

★★★½ Watched by anakin23 15 Nov, 2015

intimate, tender
    not the classic movie about rock star

• Arka Sengupta

★★★½ Added by Arka Sengupta

A rather mediocre profile of Ian Curtis

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Idisagree

★★★★ Watched by Idisagree 31 Oct, 2015

The life of Ian Curtis (Joy Division).
    Great Performance of Sam Riley : acting and singing.

• Minna Jee

★★★★ Watched by Minna Jee 05 Dec, 2008

Beautiful imagery and interesting story. I personally don't know much about Ian Curtis nor have listened to Joy Division more than necessary for basic knowledge, though. Two hours is often too much, even for this movie. Otherwise, it was good.

• Josh Palmer

★★½ Watched by Josh Palmer 06 Oct, 2015

I love Joy Division, but this movie was extremely dull and slow.

• Katarina

★★★★½ Watched by Katarina 21 Oct, 2015

Beautifully shot, and Sam Riley just turned into Ian

• Ali

★★★★★ Watched by Ali 06 Oct, 2015

I love u s and a

• Rebecca Graham

★★★★★ Added by Rebecca Graham

Simple and beautiful, elegantly shot in black and white, and rich with pain, isolation, detachment, anger and excitement, Control will always be my favourite film, and for years to come.