• beckawecka

★★★★★ Added by beckawecka

Simple and beautiful, elegantly shot in black and white, and rich with pain, isolation, detachment, anger and excitement, Control will always be my favourite film, and for years to come.

• Stella

★★★½ Watched by Stella 29 Aug, 2015

Very visual movie, with a great soundtrack and a glimpse into this time period, with bands similar to Joy Division growing. I especially liked this movie because it made so many references to other bands during this time period. However I do believe that it did lack a lot of character development, however I was balling by the end of the movie. I think I only enjoyed this movie so much because of my love for Joy Division, and music from this time period.
    After this movie I immediately played again the timeless Unknown Pleasures, with more respect to the music.

• Alberto del Rio Medina

★★★ Watched by Alberto del Rio Medina 31 Aug, 2015

Sentio que Michael Winterbottom ya lo había hecho y mejor en 24 Hour Party People, se que no es el mismo tema, en 24HPP, Joy Division e Ian Curtis si acaso saldrán en pantalla 20 minutos, pero creo que el beneficio que tiene Winterbottom es que tiene mejores actores a diferencia de Corbjin que pone a muchas caras bonitas.
    Aun así siento que Samantha Morton y Sam Riley son los MVP de Control.

Odie la escena donde Ian se inspira viendo un diagrama de algún compuesto químico ¿Cómo saben que eso paso?

• João Antunes

★★★½ Added by João Antunes

Pure and believable, everything i look for in a biography movie.

• Marco Di Bennardo

★★★★½ Watched by Marco Di Bennardo 04 Aug, 2015

I need a cig

• Patrick

★★★ Watched by Patrick 18 May, 2015

A very well made insightful film documenting the final years of renowned post-punk icon Ian Curtis.

• James Locke

★★★ Watched by James Locke 11 Jul, 2015

Film #13 of Scavenger Hunt #4 Challenge
    Task #14: A film featuring a suicidal person!

I really wanted to like this movie, and on the surface it seems like I should. But I really just couldn't get into it.

I will say that it is beautifully shot. The black and white cinematography works so well, and director Anton Corbijn and cinematographer Martin Ruhe craft some really remarkable shots. And I think the acting at the center of the movie -…

• Brian Welk

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brian Welk 15 Jun, 2015

The best Music Biopic. Fucking heavy and fucking gorgeous to look at. The kind of movie that makes it easy to believe Joy Division is the best band ever (Joy Division You Cunt). But for as dreary as it is, the guys aren't total misanthropes either, and it has a strong sense of humor as well.

I wrote a piece recently about Music Biopic rules for Sound on Sight, and it probably should've just been called, "Be More Like Control": www.soundonsight.org/four-simple-rules-biopics-music-geniuses/

• James Hartley

★★★½ Watched by James Hartley 29 Jun, 2015

Love will tear us apart.

• Liam Egan

★★★★ Watched by Liam Egan 25 Jun, 2015

Beautifully shot film

• Tadas

★★★★★ Watched by Tadas 17 Jun, 2015

Atmosphere will never sound the same

• iamtetsuho

★★★★½ Added by iamtetsuho

La storia di Ian Curtis, cantante dei Joy Division. Rigorosamente e necessariamente in b/n.