• Jake Kwiatkowski

★★★½ Watched by Jake Kwiatkowski 22 Apr, 2016

Control is an intoxicating, blurry portrait of Ian Curtis, the lead singer of Joy Division, who died at the young age of 23. Control sharpens itself with an attitude, sinking into heavy moods rather than explicit action. It was great, however I feel it focused too hard on his romantic tragedy. I wanted to know more about him and his footings. We experience lovely masquerades of Joy Division's performances, seeing Curtis up on stage singing his heart out like a…

• Silence

★★★★½ Added by Silence

9/10

• AdrianaS

★★★★½ Watched by AdrianaS 04 Feb, 2016

Great cinematography and sondtrack (obviously). Great caracter.
    Realy enjoyed it

• zandov

★★★★ Added by zandov

I watched this recently and it was a pretty fucking cool story about Ian Curtis and his kinda descent and HOOH I liked it and holy fuck how did he look that much like him

• rossmclochness

★★½ Watched by rossmclochness 30 Mar, 2016

The actual band performances are impressive, but this black and white melodrama is too much for someone who laughed at fart jokes just like the rest of us.

• kieslow

Rewatched by kieslow 05 Mar, 2016

Existence well what does it matter? I exist on the best terms I can. The past is now part of my future. The present is well out of hand... Que dire d'un film qui commence de la sorte! Tiré d'une biographie de la femme de l'artiste, qui, selon le résultat cinématographique, est loin du règlement de comptes auquel on aurait pu s'attendre, le film relate la brève, mais tragique existence du chanteur de Joy Division. Les acteurs sont tous excellents,…

• Savannah Diebold

★★½ Watched by Savannah Diebold 16 Mar, 2016

This is an all black and white film by choice which I thought was an interesting directors choice. This movie is very depressing. Even during the happy moments the undertones are depressing. This story follows a lead singer from the band Joy Division and how he loses control of his life. First he finds out he has epilepsy, he realizes he doesn't love his life and as his band gets more popular, he feels more isolated. This is good movie about a true story. Overall really sad and kind of weird.

• alexbhades

★★★ Added by alexbhades

Me ha parecido un buen biopic, muy acertado con ese blanco y negro tan adecuado a Ian. Aunque la parte final se extiende un poco sin aportar nada.

• mrkllnbrg

★★★ Added by mrkllnbrg

Honestly I'll need to rewatch this to give a proper review, it's been ages.
    Pretty intense movie though and I really liked it back then.

• LifeQuest

★★★★ Watched by LifeQuest 09 Jun, 2015

Wow! Sam Riley really gave an amazing performance as Ian Curtis!

• Alexander Heff

★★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

A profile of Ian Curtis, the enigmatic singer of Joy Division whose personal, professional, and romantic troubles led him to commit suicide at the age of 23.

Joy Division, you cunt!

This movie is great. Anton Corbijn's visuals are just fucking sublime and every single shot in this film is beautiful. The film doesn't paint Ian Curtis as a saint so you have to respect that but sadly it also fails to show the true impact of his death. By…

• Raoul Groothuizen

★★★½ Added by Raoul Groothuizen

Control
    (Anton Corbijn)

Control zit vol met mooie beelden en bevat een geweldige casting.
    Zoek op Youtube de echte optredens van Joy Division en je zult het verschil nauwelijks zien tussen acteur Sam Riley en de echte Ian Curtis.

Qua verhaal/vertelling is het allemaal wat braafjes, een typische biopic die mede door de geweldige cinematografie en acteerwerk er net wat boven uitstijgt tussen de vele andere films over zelfdestructieve muzikanten.

Binnenkort maar eens wat Joy Division albums opzoeken!

Michiel