• andresgrades

★★★★½ Watched by andresgrades 02 Feb, 2016

Tenía pendiente esta película hace un tiempo, y me gustó bastante.
    La fotografía en blanco y negro le da una sensación acorde a la época en la que está ambientada, es uno de los mejores biopics que he visto.
    Enorme papel el de Sam Riley, además que las escenas de los conciertos son increíbles tanto por como las filmaron como por el sonido, me recordaron un poco a la producción de Whiplash.

...
    Existence. Well, what does it matter? I exist on the best terms I can. The past is now part of my future. The present is well out of hand.

• Josh Liles

★★★★ Watched by Josh Liles 03 Feb, 2016

This is how a biopic should be done.

• James

★★★ Watched by James 03 Feb, 2016

I've been meaning to watch this for a while because on numerous occasions people have told me that I look like the guy in this film. Personally I don't see the resemblance, but hey, whatever.

• russman

★★★½ Watched by russman 27 Jan, 2016 2

I got an unknown amount of pleasure watching this

• jto111

★★★★ Added by jto111

A moving biographical drama of the singer Ian Curtis.

• tvgrl

★★★★ Watched by tvgrl 22 Jan, 2016

Surprisingly great. I loved the cinematography. Strong acting and screenplay. Very cool that the actors actually learned to play the songs. Super sad story.

• Blackgrrrl

★★★½ Added by Blackgrrrl

Control by Anton Corbin is a very powerful movie with a solid performance by Sam Riley in particular who, apart from his resemblance to Ian Curtis, hypnotizes the audience with his dance moves on stage. It's a deep jump into the 80s, plus the black and white cinematography is a winning choice.

• Kai

★★★★½ Watched by Kai 19 Jan, 2016

Strong!

• zoe

★★★★½ Added by zoe

i cried !!!

• steph_seibert

★★★★½ Watched by steph_seibert 10 Dec, 2015

I had the privilege of seeing this indie film at Baylor University in the presence of the director himself. This movie was difficult for me to appreciate first with the slow moving pace but it had a peculiar way of sucking the audience in. The casting of this movie was impeccable. All the characters looked exactly like all of the band members of joy division. I felt as if I was living in the midst of these characters and it…

• JOHN JOHN OWEN

★★★★ Added by JOHN JOHN OWEN

ace

• jimbooney

★★★★★ Rewatched by jimbooney 20 Dec, 2015

Perfectly captures the feeling of Joy Division while telling the story of Ian Curtis. Strong performances and bleak black and white photography drive this film. Joy Division You Cunt.