• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★★ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 11 Dec, 2010

Despite the drop in production values and the philosophical and mathematical aspirations of the previous Cube films, I thought this was actually a really enjoyable film. I liked getting to see another side of the Cube, spending time with someone who had a plan for escape that hadn't been tried before, and of course the signature traps, which were as intriguing and violent as ever.

• Yumin Ha

Added by Yumin Ha

terrible

• Oliwe

★★★ Watched by Oliwe 05 Apr, 2015

One of the better Horror movies of the 00'.
    Interesting plot.

• Goremaster

★★★½ Added by Goremaster

The Cube backstage is finally shown. It may not answer all your questions, but at least brings some light in the subject.

• Robert Whyman

★★★★ Watched by Robert Whyman 08 Mar, 2015

Interesting prequel. I really enjoyed it

• posh

★★★ Watched by posh 11 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

After watching the extremely disappointing sequel to Cube, "Cube²: Hypercube," I was hesitant about watching the prequel. However, "Cube Zero" proved to be a more bearable film, with a fresh change in pace and more.. realistic, approach to the series. For me, the best part of this film was the wrap-around storyline. Seeing everything loop back to the original Cube, a movie I had seen dozens of times prior, gave a very nostalgic touch to the movie. There's nothing particularly great about this film otherwise, and I personally would have preferred a movie that took place manly inside the Cube- but this was still enjoyable.

• Ad Weterings

★★★½ Watched by Ad Weterings 22 Feb, 2015

Builds on the virst cube movies. What happens if one of the guys of the control room is locked in the cubes ? Once again: will he make it out?

• James

★★★ Watched by James 20 Feb, 2015

Whereas Cube 2 overcomplicated itself into a frenzy, Cube Zero keeps it simple once again while also offering a little more insight into what's going on. My biggest fear going in was that they were going to explain too much. Thankfully, that's not the case. The cube itself is still a bit of a mystery and Zero adds some more intrigue onto it by showing two technicians, who are almost just as trapped as the people inside the cube. The…

• Cinematic Justice

★★★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 07 Feb, 2015

Again, solid! I love the behind-the-veil look at the people responsible for the titular cubes, especially Michael Riley's incredible hammy supervisor character. We really need to cherish these successful horror movie sequels and prequels when we get them!

• Jason MD-P

★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

Fun, entertaining. Not as good as the first but also doesn't take itself so seriously. Sone nice character acting and tongue-in-cheek humor make it a more worthy successor to the original than Cube 2.

• Alicia

★★★ Added by Alicia

prelude to stuck in a box

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 09 May, 2009

Prequel to Cube revealing some mysteries about the terror prison.
    The premise still offers enough material to provide for another horrifying tale.