• Brian Stack

★½ Watched by Brian Stack 13 Nov, 2015

The first three-quarters of this film are a boring domestic drama that I couldn't have cared less about. Then the big bad monster is revealed: a rabid dog which traps the world's most annoying mom in a beat up Pinto with her equally annoying son. The film took way too long to get to the "horror" portion of the film and then forgot to make it scary.

• Andy Lunn

★★ Watched by Andy Lunn 10 Nov, 2015 4

I would normally object to anyone that reacted to a movie adaptation by saying "The book is better". In the case of Cujo, the movie is okay. I really enjoyed reading the novel.

Did I get away with it?

• Charlie Pacheco

★★★½ Watched by Charlie Pacheco 27 Oct, 2015

Un comienzo lento pero que a medida que la historia avanza consigue atrapar al espectador. Uno de esos finales trágicos que guarda similitudes con "Pet Sematary" aunque sea solo en 2 aspectos, pero en fin, no veras a los perros del mismo modo luego de ver Cujo.

• Devin Sheridan

★★★½ Watched by Devin Sheridan 17 Oct, 2015

Surprisingly effective in making Beethoven scary. And while I dont see the allegory for King's battle with alcoholism, i do see the struggle of anyone who's owned a Ford Pinto.

• Cody

★★★½ Watched by Cody 26 Oct, 2015

Night 26 of 31 Nights of Halloween

This film is truly terrifying. The realism behind it is scary, since it's so real. Stephen King, although he can't remember doing so, created a fantastic novel, that was bound to be adapted. This adaption was alright. It kept in the scares, but I just felt that there was more needed. It was good, but there was a need for more. I felt myself growing a little bored during the scenes without the dog, since the dog was the most interesting part of the film. Nonetheless, Cujo is a great horror movie and a decent Stephen King adaption.

• drmorbius79

★★★½ Watched by drmorbius79 26 Oct, 2015

Once we get to the existential battle between Dee Wallace and a rabid St. Bernard, the movie is awesome. But the first hour feels like some sort of weird "Hardcastle and McCormick" prequel (is that the same car?).

Christopher Stone is trying to outdo Tom Atkins in Halloween III for sleaziest character in a horror movie. Dat post-coital trombone.

• SJHoneywell

★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

There's not enough here
    For a full-length film. Better
    At thirty minutes.

• Zack Clopton

★★★½ Added by Zack Clopton

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

When it comes to Stephen King adaptations, there’s the top tier. The untouchable great stuff: “Carrie,” “The Shining,” “Misery,” a few, rare others. Next, you’ve got your pretty good King-derived films, like “Christine” or “The Dead Zone.” Then there’s pretty much everything else, in varying degrees of quality, ranging from “decent,” guilty pleasure,” “forgettable,” to “flat-out terrible.” Despite being one of his most famous creations, “Cujo” is not a film adaptation mentioned frequently. It was well liked in its day,…

• Richard Goddard

★★★ Watched by Richard Goddard 21 Oct, 2015

Part of All Hallows Month 2015

- That Cujo is one angry fella. Safe to say i won't be having a St Bernard in my house, and i certainly won't be letting my dog dive head first into a bat cave.

• Matt Fisher

★★★½ Watched by Matt Fisher 17 Oct, 2015

Forget about the stigma this movie gave to St. Bernard's, it's nothing in comparison to how it portrayed Ford Pintos. At least the dogs have the Beethoven franchise smoothing over their reputation.

Whenever Cujo attacked someone I could really feel the fear of panic. The production team did a great job of overlapping sounds with really frantic camera movement creating, to my senses, little pockets of chaos, the kind where in real life you can't think, you can only react.

Might make a good double feature with Panic Room.

• Arthur Michael House

★★★½ Rewatched by Arthur Michael House 17 Oct, 2015

Family drama with a rabid dog thrown in for good measure.

• BradyTheGuy

★★★½ Watched by BradyTheGuy 14 Oct, 2015

Part of Hooptober 2.0

Fuck you dog.

It's hard not to like a dog in a movie, and filmmakers knew that so in the beginning they at least try to make Cujo's killings mildly justified (If this movie was just Cujo killing bad guys this would be awesome, he'd be like Dog the Bounty Hunter except he kills people and is an actual dog), up until we the movie's main setpiece in the Pinto with the mother and her kid.…