• kylegarvey

★★ Added by kylegarvey

An early adaptation of Stephen King, not the first and one with which he most agreed (76's CARRIE) or next and one with which he most disagreed (80's THE SHINING) but one shortly after. It feels a lot like King, but a movie with which it feels closer isn't his at all but John Carpenter's '82 THE THING, a cheap-seeming/go-nowhere '80s horror with literary pretentions but not that inventive a story. It's not quite as low as THE THING, but it isn't as high as CARRIE or THE SHINING or (another King adaptation I like) 89's PET SEMATERY. Those stories moved; CUJO doesn't much.

• JDarp

★½ Watched by JDarp 25 Aug, 2014

I don't know what was worse, the way they decided to portray this film or the acting in general. And don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of King and all of his books. Honestly though, the 80's really screwed this one up.

• Ben Dugan

★★★½ Watched by Ben Dugan 23 Aug, 2014

One of the better Stephen King adaptations I've seen. It doesn't try to be anything other than a quick little horror movie and it succeeds. Dee Wallace is good as always. The movie does a pretty good job of building and maintaining some real tension. A good little movie.

• Jack Dignan

★★★ Added by Jack Dignan

I went into this film with very low expectations, primarily because of the atrocity that was Pet Sematary (I read the Stephen King books before I see the films). Surprisingly, this was a rather decent movie, minus a few mediocre performances. It's loyal to the book, full and tension and was actually a very creepy movie. Just wished they kept the ending the same as the book, but hey, you can't have everything in life.

• richardfeder

★★★★★ Added by richardfeder

• Matt Lavender

★★★★ Watched by Matt Lavender 02 Aug, 2014

The horror of being trapped in a car with a whiny kid and a rabid dog outside.
    Got that Americana normal family threatened by evil vibe going on. Gotta sit through some family drama before you get to the good shit, including infidelity and a bizarre sub plot about bad cereal. It's pretty engrossing though.
    It's well shot, not just some thrown together schlock. When the family roll up to the farm there's a great shot of Cujo bounding towards…

• Burrito Science

Watched by Burrito Science 28 Jul, 2014

Nope!

• The Ron

★★½ Rewatched by The Ron 23 Jul, 2014

Film 7 in my Re-watch Wednesday Project.

Cujo is the first movie I ever saw in theaters (at least as far as I can remember). I saw it with my mom (a life long horror fan) in 1983 the year it was released. I would have been 6 or 7 years old. I always remembered liking it, and gave it credit for being one of the films that turned me into a horror fan just like my mother. It was…

• Jack Caulfield

★★★ Watched by Jack Caulfield 22 Jul, 2014

• johnny_w

★★★½ Watched by johnny_w 21 Jul, 2014

Good story good acting classic suspense/horror film. 3.5 stars

• JoeMovies

★★½ Watched by JoeMovies 19 Jul, 2014

I can't abide by the changed ending.

• Brent Paton