• Dan Bremner

★★ Watched by Dan Bremner 31 Aug, 2015 2

Film 403 of my 2015 500 Film Challenge

I'm so sick of bad films. A dull, predictable and boring horror. I did like the idea of the story, but the execution was so unexciting and mundane and the characters were so annoying, especially the fucking kid. That fucking prick cried through the whole thing.

• Egon

★★★★ Added by Egon

Definitely one of the best Stephen King film adaptations ever made. The movie works because the people behind the camera understand not only what it takes to make a good horror film, but to make a good film in general. The first half is spent setting up the characters before the shit hits the fan. These are very real characters with very real problems and conflicts. No cliches found here. All the credit must be given to Dee Wallace, who…

• buggenhagen

Watched by buggenhagen 21 Aug, 2015

The one where Schnorbitz goes tonto. Tons of fun, and surprisingly effective too. Definitely recommended for fans of demented, lumbering dogs covered in slavers.

• James

★★★★ Rewatched by James 25 Jul, 2015

Probably the "best" Stephen King adaptation in existence, as far as retention of content, tone, and, well, scares. It's interesting because I found that the Cujo part of the film (as in that big ass rabid dog delivered a ton of suspense, while the real scares are provided by the humans. Like whether or not Tad is going to survive and his mom's frantic attempts to save him. It can drag at times and once the movie ended it kind…

• Banners

★★ Watched by Banners 22 Jul, 2015

'Fuck you, dog.'

I've read many review of Cujo from self-confessed 'dog people' claiming that they weren't scared because the dog was too cute. Frankly, these people are idiots. Cujo is terrifying - no matter how clear it is that it isn't a real dog, he is always a vicious presence and a force to be reckoned with. Cujo contains some of the most frightening scenes in any King screen adaptation as the titular beast closes in on Dee Wallace…

• Spider Borg

★★★½ Rewatched by Spider Borg 17 Jul, 2015

Watched this with my kids for the first time. My 4 year old daughter asked me a lot of rabies related questions. Turns out that Cujo is quite educational lol

• Peter Cox

★★½ Watched by Peter Cox 12 Jul, 2015

Given that I'm not a fan of the sound of grizzling children or of barking dogs - or children and dogs in general, if I'm honest - this probably wasn't the best choice for me.

• adam_j_scott

★★★ Watched by adam_j_scott 10 Jul, 2015

I remember being somewhat afraid of big dogs when I was a small child. I'm glad I didn't see this movie until later on in my life. Haha!!

Such unrelenting lashing out this dog can dish out.

• Russell Buckley

★★½ Watched by Russell Buckley 04 Jul, 2015

'Cujo' a film I've wanted to watch for a long time, but never got round to it. Was it worth the wait? Personally no, I think the only thing that can come out of this film with her head held high is Dee Wallace.

The premise is simple, the dog gets bitten from a bat while chasing a rabbit, down a rabbit hole. That's where throughout the film 'Cujo' starts to become rabid. There's not a lot of kills 2…

• javilost

★★★ Watched by javilost 28 Jun, 2015

Beethoven convertido en Batdog es lo de menos en esta película. Menudo drama familiar durante la primera mitad de película, luego en la segunda mitad el karma ataca a la adúltera.

Lo mejor han sido las risas que me ha dado la película gracias a los diálogos y a los personajes.
    Lo peor es que no muere el niño.

• devilniced

★★★½ Rewatched by devilniced 28 Jun, 2015

No pierde efecto con los años. Es la historia de una mujer adultera con un amante violento, un niño con miedos y problemas de posesión (o algo) y un perro al que muerden murcielagos que no son batman y se vuelve LOQUER. La cinta es mucho más que todo el genial tiempo que pasan en el coche.

• Natasha C.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Natasha C. 08 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I've been wanting to watch this again for so long, i was a little girl when i first wachted, so it has been quite a long time, luckily, it aired on TCM =)!!!
    Well to me the film seems timeless, it had an effect on me like it was the first time, i was really fearing for the mother and the little boy, and really hoping for a terrible ending for that dog (i do love dogs, ok? lol).
    Stephen King is the KING!!!
    Now i need to read the book!