• Kevin Bechaz

★★★½ Rewatched by Kevin Bechaz 10 Feb, 2015

Beneath the surface of the film's simple premise lies a horrific thriller which explores the dynamic of a dysfunctional family in addition to childhood fears and anxieties. Distressing scenes, particularly those featuring the main child character add to the films emotional impact. The menacing performance from the canine antagonist is achieved very well through clever animal training along with precise camera and stunt work.

• Hannah Lynch

★★★ Watched by Hannah Lynch 10 Feb, 2015

A simple yet realistic idea is executed brilliantly in such a way which audiences find amusing and can relate to. The horrific events which eventually unfold interestingly parallel anxieties and tensions brewing in our protagonist and her immediate family. Unlike other titles based off the source's author, characters are well developed in the features short run-time. Which, allows for common issues straining our lead family dynamic to be all the more sympathetic.

• Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright

★★★ Rewatched by Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright 30 Jan, 2015

"Meat and potatoes" is the go-to term here - it doesn't get more basic than a couple of people terrorized by a rabid dog. But it's a thin concept to stretch out over an hour and a half, and the domestic dramas are not compelling. There's even a subplot that we come back to throughout with the husband in another town, bothered by the feeling that something's wrong - and the only payoff for it (and it's admittedly a good,…

• Scott Kaczynski

★★½ Rewatched by Scott Kaczynski 08 Jan, 2015

I forgot how slow this movie was, and how little I care about anything that happens until Cujo goes ape shit.

If I was Dee Wallace, I would have fed Danny Pintauro's Tad character to Cujo and walked off the farm. That kid is so annoying in this film. They should have kept the original ending from the book.

• mazloton

★★★ Added by mazloton

This terrified me as a child. Not as scary now but still one of the better Stephen King adaptations.

• Slaughter Film

★★½ Rewatched by Slaughter Film 19 Nov, 2014

As another week passes, another Stephen King adaptation shall be reviewed. This time around Forest shares his thought on Cujo. Cory detours from King material to cover the remake/sequel, The Town That Dreaded Sundown.

The horror duo also chat about being bombarded by winter weather, Forest goes to see Birdman and Cory explains how Mary Kate & Ashley Olson got their names. All this and "Ahhhh, my knees....!".

Listen to us at Slaughter Film.com or on iTunes.

Like us on Facebook and Twitter.

• alf025237

★★★★ Added by alf025237

adaptação de Stephen King. um bom filme e cumpre a que foi proposto. esse são bernardo é dar medo.

• Ben Lott

★★ Watched by Ben Lott 28 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

My synopsis of this movie would be: A dog becomes rabid after being bitten by a bat and this somehow gives him super strength, extreme levels of rage, and unprecedented determination. Seriously the ridiculousness of this dog just hanging out waiting to kill 2 people in a car is completely over-the-top for me. And although they tried really hard to add a lot of drool, snot, and blood onto the dog's body they just couldn't stop him from looking cute…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★½ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 20 Sep, 2014

Dee Wallace and her child are ensnared in a car without gas at a remote homestead by a rabid St. Bernard. Simple premise from Stephen King's novel, but executed well enough to qualify as a genuinely frightful movie - one of those rare cases where horror can be extracted from simplicity. despite the contextual plot of a rocky marriage being nothing special. Wallace puts in a strong performance as a fragile woman with contrasting strong motherly instincts, but remarkably, the dog playing Cujo is also terrific.

• Jason Roberts

★★★★ Added by Jason Roberts

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I have always admired Cujo. I have always considered this to be a monster movie, and it is a good one. I think it is one of the most under-appreciated adaptions of King's work.

If you haven't seen Cujo, the story is about a dog, a big dog, that is bitten by a bat and becomes infected with rabies. This is the primary plot of the film, but there is also a secondary plot about the disintegration of a marriage…

• Jabba Hutt

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jabba Hutt 28 Oct, 2014

This is horrifying.

The film anchors itself firmly in reality, which adds a huge amount of tension to the situation. The characters are all fully introduced and likeable by the time the shit hits the fan, so when this mother and son get trapped in a broken car while a massive Saint Bernard dog with rabies tries to get inside, we feel genuine fear for the characters.

Less is more, and this film strips away the musical score in favor…

• Luke Kane

★★★ Watched by Luke Kane 26 Oct, 2014 4

I think Dee Wallace's performance is what inevitably draws me back to Cujo.

Inherently feminine, with a small frame and a weak, flutey voice, she starts off as a shallow adulteress whose inner strength emerges in a crisis; the kind of strength that's retiring, downhearted - even a little resentful.

Based on Stephen King's bestseller (he says he was so drunk he can't remember writing it), this movie debases itself by establishing its family in colourless scenes that recall TV…