• javilost

★★★ Watched by javilost 28 Jun, 2015

Beethoven convertido en Batdog es lo de menos en esta película. Menudo drama familiar durante la primera mitad de película, luego en la segunda mitad el karma ataca a la adúltera.

Lo mejor han sido las risas que me ha dado la película gracias a los diálogos y a los personajes.
    Lo peor es que no muere el niño.

• devilniced

★★★½ Rewatched by devilniced 28 Jun, 2015

No pierde efecto con los años. Es la historia de una mujer adultera con un amante violento, un niño con miedos y problemas de posesión (o algo) y un perro al que muerden murcielagos que no son batman y se vuelve LOQUER. La cinta es mucho más que todo el genial tiempo que pasan en el coche.

• Natasha C.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Natasha C. 08 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I've been wanting to watch this again for so long, i was a little girl when i first wachted, so it has been quite a long time, luckily, it aired on TCM =)!!!
    Well to me the film seems timeless, it had an effect on me like it was the first time, i was really fearing for the mother and the little boy, and really hoping for a terrible ending for that dog (i do love dogs, ok? lol).
    Stephen King is the KING!!!
    Now i need to read the book!

• Scott Fairgrieve

★★★½ Watched by Scott Fairgrieve 01 Jun, 2015

Many viewers dislike this film because too much of it is slow and plodding. Indeed, we go through nearly half of the movie with essentially nothing scary happening. We get to know a family. And if you're going to spend that much time on it, then there needs to be at lease one sub-plot. So Mom is having an affair with the hunky local jack-of-all-trades, who also happens to be buddies with Dad, who undoubtedly was in the running for…

• Ria

★★½ Watched by Ria 26 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Okay but what happened to Cujo was really sad like in the book you'd read some parts from his point-of-view. The movie just made him seem like a monster :( Also, I guess they changed Tad's ending so it would please the audience more. The book ending would've made a bigger impact though ngl. The marital problems and the Sharp account problem were just left hanging after everything's been said and done. Like??? So what happens now?? Hmm I like the book version better even if King himself said he would've changed the ending if he could.

• Neale

Watched by Neale 17 May, 2015

Thumbs Up: I guess the dog trainer did a pretty good job.

Thumbs Down: Its just thoroughly unpleasant - I always assumed there was some supernatural element to Cujo but turns out he's just a lovely old dog that got rabies, making his transformation into blood-hungry monster more sad than scary. And if thats not enough, you also get to watch a depressing domestic saga of infidelity and pain that has little to do with anything.

• Adam

★★★★ Rewatched by Adam 14 May, 2015

Scavenger Hunt Challenge 2 Movie #25
    "A film featuring a disease"
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt/

It's a difficult task to place a large portion of a film inside of a broken down vehicle and keep it exciting but Teague manages to use the confined space to create a fantastic sense of unease and tension as the rabid dog is always lurking somewhere out of sight. Dee Wallace is also a key component to the film's success as I am completely drawn into her predicament every time I watch the film. Cujo still stands as one of the better screen adaptations of Kings work.

• selga

★★★★ Added by selga

Spriedzei nemaz nav vajadzīgi vampīri un mutanti,pietiekar vienu traku suni.Labs gabals.

• GoodBadAndOdd

★★★ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 02 May, 2015

Surprisingly decent movie adaptation, and among King's favourites of adaptations of his own work, maybe for the reason I kind of liked it, it resolved an unhappy ending in the book into a happier ending in the movie.

The director did well to make a cute, cuddly breed like a St Bernard into a bloody, snarling threat though, and the sequence early on where his owner realises he's rabid is pretty effective.

• Alan Dorich

★★★★ Watched by Alan Dorich 24 Apr, 2015

After CUJO, I don't think I like big dogs anymore. And the film has given me plenty of reason to: this story of a rabid, vicious St. Bernard terrorizing a mother (Dee Wallace) and her young son (Danny Pintauro) by trapping them in their car is one of the tensest horror films I've seen lately, never mind that it holds back on one of the major shocks of Stephen King's original novel. Lewis Teague directed the hell out of this thriller and got a performance from Dee Wallace that deserved an Oscar. It's a film that deserved much better than the critical reception it had.

• Jordan Smith

Added by Jordan Smith

Spielberg's great early movies tend to follow a similar pattern: develop the characters and have all the family drama front and center until some supernatural or sci-fi happening amplifies that tenfold. Cujo is like the inverse of that, or something. Where Spielberg's movies let two different genres coexist and actually complement each other, Cujo is content to absolutely decimate the goodwill it builds in its interesting first 35 minutes with a mind-numbingly boring second half where our characters are stuck…

• Joel Clark

★★★½ Watched by Joel Clark 08 Apr, 2015

Very nearly made it to four stars!

Cujo, 1983 is based on the Stephen King book of the same name, and is basically about a dog who gets rabies and ends up letting loose on a few town locals. Before it can be reported by a two timing whore... excuse me, a wife and her son, their car breaks down and they are left practically in the middle of nowhere, with no help coming. The woman's husband, who discovered the…