• AngryAssSloth

★★★½ Watched by AngryAssSloth 22 Oct, 2014

Cujo is a pretty decent horror about a dog named Cujo who gets Rabies. Story is pretty easy so there isn't any holes to be found. While there is some horror movie tropes they are pretty minor overall and pretty typical for an 80's movie. Cujo really capitalized on my claustrophobia during the car scene, that really made the movie for me.

• Kevin Horsten

★★★ Watched by Kevin Horsten 12 Oct, 2014

Given it's made in the early '80, it's actually not that bad, it's actually quiet impressive how they managed to film some of the stuff with a real life animal.

The kid does a great job, looked like he was actually scared and must have been traumatised filming this movie.

If you have children nagging you all the time they want a dog, just show them this movie and they will be traumat........ uh cured forever. :)

• Alex A

★★★ Watched by Alex A 18 Jul, 2014

Stephen King's Cujo is an average thriller with solid performances, but a plodding first half, adequate but forgettable characters and an annoyingly abrupt ending. It's certainly intense at times and I'll admit it generated at least one or two moments where I was at the edge of my seat, but overall it's no more than a film to pass time with. Cujo is definitely reccommendable to diehard horror fanatics, but if you're looking for an all-around great film, Cujo's mediocre script makes it a film that can easily be skipped.

• Joe DiCanio

★★½ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 15 May, 2014

Rating: C

• Joe DiCanio

★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 24 Jun, 2012

Rating: C

• thenextreel

★★★★½ Watched by thenextreel 25 Sep, 2014

"How'd the monster get out of my closet?"

There's something truly terrifying about a lovable pet turning on you and attacking. Especially when that pet is a St. Bernard, one of the big dogs with a small barrel of brandy around its neck that's supposed to rescue people lost in the snowy Alps. But that's what makes for great horror, right? Turning something lovable into something horrible. And Stephen King did that perfectly in his novel "Cujo," which was turned…

• David

★★ Added by David

For a movie about a rabid, murderous St. Bernard, Cujo is almost offensively boring. It spends way too much time on these dumbass human characters that we're given no reason to care about. The rest of the time is spent unsuccessfully trying to make a this St. Bernard scary. A killer dog is scary in theory, but the TV movie aesthetic and complete lack of suspense nip that in the bud. A cheesy score coupled with overly-serious head shots of…

• James Fanjoy Strax

★★★★½ Added by James Fanjoy Strax

Just saw it, and it.was. BRILLIANT!!! Though I wouldn't exactly give a whole 5 stars, for, well, sometimes logic in 80's movies is just awful, but i give it a close 4.5

• kylegarvey

★★ Added by kylegarvey

An early adaptation of Stephen King, not the first and one with which he most agreed (76's CARRIE) or next and one with which he most disagreed (80's THE SHINING) but one shortly after. It feels a lot like King, but a movie with which it feels closer isn't his at all but John Carpenter's '82 THE THING, a cheap-seeming/go-nowhere '80s horror with literary pretentions but not that inventive a story. It's not quite as low as THE THING, but it isn't as high as CARRIE or THE SHINING or (another King adaptation I like) 89's PET SEMATERY. Those stories moved; CUJO doesn't much.

• JDarp

★½ Watched by JDarp 25 Aug, 2014

I don't know what was worse, the way they decided to portray this film or the acting in general. And don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of King and all of his books. Honestly though, the 80's really screwed this one up.

• Ben Dugan

★★★½ Watched by Ben Dugan 23 Aug, 2014

One of the better Stephen King adaptations I've seen. It doesn't try to be anything other than a quick little horror movie and it succeeds. Dee Wallace is good as always. The movie does a pretty good job of building and maintaining some real tension. A good little movie.

• Jack Dignan

★★★ Added by Jack Dignan

I went into this film with very low expectations, primarily because of the atrocity that was Pet Sematary (I read the Stephen King books before I see the films). Surprisingly, this was a rather decent movie, minus a few mediocre performances. It's loyal to the book, full and tension and was actually a very creepy movie. Just wished they kept the ending the same as the book, but hey, you can't have everything in life.