• alf025237

★★★★ Added by alf025237

adaptação de Stephen King. um bom filme e cumpre a que foi proposto. esse são bernardo é dar medo.

• Ben Lott

★★ Watched by Ben Lott 28 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★½ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 20 Sep, 2014

Dee Wallace and her child are ensnared in a car without gas at a remote homestead by a rabid St. Bernard. Simple premise from Stephen King's novel, but executed well enough to qualify as a genuinely frightful movie - one of those rare cases where horror can be extracted from simplicity. despite the contextual plot of a rocky marriage being nothing special. Wallace puts in a strong performance as a fragile woman with contrasting strong motherly instincts, but remarkably, the dog playing Cujo is also terrific.

• Jason Roberts

★★★★ Added by Jason Roberts

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jabba Hutt

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jabba Hutt 28 Oct, 2014

This is horrifying.

The film anchors itself firmly in reality, which adds a huge amount of tension to the situation. The characters are all fully introduced and likeable by the time the shit hits the fan, so when this mother and son get trapped in a broken car while a massive Saint Bernard dog with rabies tries to get inside, we feel genuine fear for the characters.

Less is more, and this film strips away the musical score in favor…

• Luke Kane

★★★ Watched by Luke Kane 26 Oct, 2014 4

I think Dee Wallace's performance is what inevitably draws me back to Cujo.

Inherently feminine, with a small frame and a weak, flutey voice, she starts off as a shallow adulteress whose inner strength emerges in a crisis; the kind of strength that's retiring, downhearted - even a little resentful.

Based on Stephen King's bestseller (he says he was so drunk he can't remember writing it), this movie debases itself by establishing its family in colourless scenes that recall TV…

• Madeline

★★★½ Watched by Madeline 23 Oct, 2014

There is something so simple yet so incredibly frightening about Cujo that it definitely stands in the list of one of the most horrific movies. It's the only movie where I was actually wanting the dog to die.

• AngryAssSloth

★★★½ Watched by AngryAssSloth 22 Oct, 2014

Cujo is a pretty decent horror about a dog named Cujo who gets Rabies. Story is pretty easy so there isn't any holes to be found. While there is some horror movie tropes they are pretty minor overall and pretty typical for an 80's movie. Cujo really capitalized on my claustrophobia during the car scene, that really made the movie for me.

• Kevin Horsten

★★★ Watched by Kevin Horsten 12 Oct, 2014

Given it's made in the early '80, it's actually not that bad, it's actually quiet impressive how they managed to film some of the stuff with a real life animal.

The kid does a great job, looked like he was actually scared and must have been traumatised filming this movie.

If you have children nagging you all the time they want a dog, just show them this movie and they will be traumat........ uh cured forever. :)

• Alex A

★★★ Watched by Alex A 18 Jul, 2014

Stephen King's Cujo is an average thriller with solid performances, but a plodding first half, adequate but forgettable characters and an annoyingly abrupt ending. It's certainly intense at times and I'll admit it generated at least one or two moments where I was at the edge of my seat, but overall it's no more than a film to pass time with. Cujo is definitely reccommendable to diehard horror fanatics, but if you're looking for an all-around great film, Cujo's mediocre script makes it a film that can easily be skipped.

• Joe DiCanio