• Tony Black

★★ Watched by Tony Black 16 Apr, 2014 9

Adaptations of Stephen King's novels, of which there are legion, have always tended to be a mixed bag - some are excellent cinematic translations of his unique voice, others are nothing more than dirge. Cujo sits close to the middle of that spectrum, as Lewis Teague delivers a largely anaemic take on King's story of a rabid St. Bernard who terrorises several families in small town America. It certainly has it's moments of viciousness, but on the whole it never…

• Juan Diego Martínez

Rewatched by Juan Diego Martínez 20 Mar, 2014

"No, eso no tiene nada de malo".

Quiero comenzar hablando sobre mi relación amor/odio con estas adaptaciones. Considero a Stephen King mi escritor favorito, desde hace un par de años. Y no, no soy de esas personas que odian algunas películas porque las cosas no sucedieron como en el libro, he amado films como The Shining, The Mist, The Secret Window, incluso la miniserie noventera de IT (El payaso asesino), aún cuando en todas cambiaron o saltaron varias escenas. Simplemente…

• Jaime Grijalba

★★★ Watched by Jaime Grijalba 21 Mar, 2014

Cujo (1963)

6/10

That ending sucked. Anyway, for some reason I'm in love with the Stephen King book, as it was one of the first I ever read by him. I prefer the darker and sillier tone that the book has, over the all seriousness and... let's face it, boring moments that the films sets up to get to the meat of the book. I think that for some reason the book felt claustrophobic and filled with moments of mental…

• Chris Purdie

★★★★ Added by Chris Purdie

Slobbering dog gives greatest performance in the history of motion pictures.

• Andy Nelson

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Nelson 05 Mar, 2014

I haven't seen this since I was young, but this was one of the first movies I taped off of HBO, so I've seen it countless times.

Still, this time watching with adult eyes, I was really struck by a few things:
    1) Dee Wallace was amazing and deserved an Oscar for her performance, just like Stephen King has always said.
    2) Danny Pintauro does a pretty amazing and heartbreaking job as a kid in this situation. 100% believable.
    3)…

• JoshBuck

Watched by JoshBuck 14 Feb, 2014 1

Wow that was awful. And it didn't help that I didn't help that I hated the protagonist so much I started going for the dog.

• Ben Larson

★★★½ Watched by Ben Larson 14 Jun, 2008

It's 24 years old, but it still packs a punch. No special effects, no CGI, just a rabid dog is enough to instill terror to the point of passing out.

Stephen King wrote this horror movie and I can imagine the real horror of Dee Wallace (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial) as she was trapped in a car that didn't appear too much bigger than the dog that was foaming at the mouth wanting to ravish her.

This was Danny Pintauro's first film. He went on to Who's the Boss after this.

Nothing special, but a retro classic that is still good.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 19 Mar, 2013

A great stephen king adaptation that is not talked as much as other king adaptations. The scene inside the car is incredible shot

• Kerstin Kirby

★½ Rewatched by Kerstin Kirby 03 Feb, 2014

I know this is a classic Stephen King work, but I have never been that impressed with it. I find the characters unsympathetic and have a hard time caring what happens to them. I do think it is a scary idea to be trapped in a hot car by a slobbering, rabid dog, but I'm not sure a St Bernard is really the height of terror. There is one really nicely filmed scene where the camera sort of moves around…

• TheCincyKid

★★★★ Added by TheCincyKid

There is no good in this Stephen King chiller, and no evil. Just the indifferent forces of nature. Terribly sad, it revolves around a mother and son who, through a series of indirect circumstances, find themselves trapped inside a broken-down Pinto by a rabid St. Bernard. It sports a pace that's deliberate and deeply character-driven. And as excruciating as it is to watch the suffering and deterioration of the title pooch, there's no denying that the culmination to and moments of his attack are extremely intense, primarily thanks to well above-average work by cast, camera and cutting.

• Luana Gomes

★★★½ Added by Luana Gomes

If you are sensitive about puppies, don't watch it. Or watch it once and never again.

• Sam Moles

Watched by Sam Moles 07 Dec, 2013

The film successfully conveys the terror of Cujo, the 200 pound Saint Bernard. His menace on screen slowly increases throughout.
    What the film fails to transfer from the book however is any real emotion toward the human characters. Joe Camber is an abusive father and husband who has created a horrible life for his wife. Donna Trenton is sleeping around but the reason for doing so, her fear of becoming like all the other housewives, is not examined in the…