• Päivi Reijonen

★½ Watched by Päivi Reijonen 30 Jan, 2014

WTF? What was that all about?
    Suddenly they are in abandoned part of the hospital, or some kind of time loop or are they actually in the mind of the autistic girl... We don't know. Nor do we care.

• James Clark

★★ Added by James Clark

Whilst a father checks his autistic daughter out of hospital, they enter a lift with a small group of people which breaks down on route. When they manage to get out, the hospital is not as they left it.

This film stars campy Finnish horror rockers Lordi (winners of the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest), so I was not sure what to expect. The plot is nothing you haven't seen before - deserted hospital, dead bodies, monsters, etc. - and that…

• Bill Thompson

Watched by Bill Thompson 05 Jan, 2014

Where death metal and horror come together to produce something truly awful.

• Antonio Quintero

Watched by Antonio Quintero 18 Sep, 2008

A lot of great special FX, but no story. I did not like it, its just a 90 minute music video.

• Kristal Cooper

Added by Kristal Cooper

Apparently the most expensive movie ever made in Finland's history and starring 2007 Eurovision Song Contest winners Lordi as demons stalking an autistic girl and her Father in a hospital. There were shades of a good movie there but considering it was meant to be centered around Lordi, it should have been way more campy and fun. The movie looked great but very little effort was made in ensuring that the twists and turns in the story made sense and many questions raised were never answered. Good visuals and hilarious monsters do not make up for lazy storytelling.

• Adam Cook

½ Watched by Adam Cook 16 Feb, 2013 6

Oh Lordi!

For those lucky enough not to have seen them already, Lordi are a theatrical Finnish heavy metal band who bizarrely won the bland multicultural pop parade, Eurovision. Their monstrous on-stage personas is a natural fit for a low budget horror film so it was only a matter of time a producer would cash in on their fleeting popularity. Dark Floors is the result of this cynical and cheap collaboration. Not only do the band star in the film…

• Rune Fredstad

Added by Rune Fredstad

Hvem kan glemme dagen Lordi vant GP med Hard Rock Halleluja? Disse finske monsterrockerne flasket opp på white russians klinket til med crazy kostymer, kommersielle hard rock toner og bøttevis med sjarm, og tok en hel verden med storm. Og visp, så var horrorrocken plutselig blitt husvarm; men hva skjer egentlig når sjangerens superstjerner lager film?

Dark Floors er noe så sjeldent som en finsk horror-film med en stor internasjonal release, et verdenskjent metal band i ledene roller og et…

• Chris Regan

★★★ Watched by Chris Regan 24 Jan, 2013

Much better than I thought it was going to be. The script is a bit flat but there are some great set pieces and ideas here as well as a suitably creepy atmosphere.

• Darren F.

★★★½ Added by Darren F.

Sorry, being a fan of Lordi, I cannot take this the right way the director intended it to be.
    It's just not scary because I've already seen Lordi's antics before and it's the same thing as they do in this.
    Also I was hoping for an awesome soundtrack during the film, or the film to be a musical. That would be kick ass.

• Espen Vollset

★★★ Rewatched by Espen Vollset 15 Jul, 2012

I don't know what to say about this movie. If you're a fan of Lordi, like me, you will probably appreciate this film. The script is interesting, but the direction is a bit disappointing. Being a Lordi-fan, i would've liked to see more of the monsters, although their appearances are right in character. The only reason this movie gets three stars is because I love the band! If you are a fan of the band, this movie is totally watchable.

• Aeiou

★½ Added by Aeiou

Neither scary nor creepy. If I remember correctly the plot doesn't make a whole load of sense and everything about the film are very forgettable. The only remotely good thing about it is the costumes of the heavy metal (or hard rock?) band Lordi's members, but they existed before the film anyway.

• CrazyCatLady

½ Watched by CrazyCatLady 30 Apr, 2012

Absolutely dire! I should have just turned it off but kept hoping there'd at least be some sort of explanation at the end.......needless to say there wasn't although I'm pretty sure saving the world had something too do with a blue crayon.