• cineedo
  • Sc8lo

★★★ Watched by Sc8lo 12 Oct, 2012

Not as bad as I was expecting. Reminded me very much of Beetleguise.

• Kip Bowman Jr.

★★★½ Rewatched by Kip Bowman Jr. 04 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• mook

★★ Watched by mook 29 Mar, 2014 4

I'd never heard of this concept before the film came out but apparently it existed as a TV show in America in the 1960/70's with a ridiculous 1,225(!) episodes to it's name.

It features a vampire from the 1790's reappearing in the 1970's but beyond that it's simply Tim Burton directing Johnny Depp, supported by Helena Bonham Carter, with music by Danny Elfman, in a kooky fantasy - and so ultimately, who gives a shit? 4/10.

• Hershal Whiteman

½ Watched by Hershal Whiteman 29 Mar, 2014

Terrible in every possible way save for a soundtrack of 70s tunes that were recorded after the events depicted in the film. So they even managed to fuck that up. Neither Eva Green or Chole Grace-Moretz can liven up the proceedings. D.O.A.

• Keegan

★½ Watched by Keegan 29 Mar, 2014

This got worse and worse with each plot twist - all you need to know about it is the best part is a montage set to a song by the Carpenters. Incredible.

• Joe Cool

Watched by Joe Cool 29 Mar, 2014

2/10 for Eva Green. I have no idea whose dick Tim Burton sucked to get this movie made but man, I'm betting he's regretting that now.

• Ezra Cubero

★½ Watched by Ezra Cubero 02 Jun, 2012

Tim Burton has been very hit or miss with me as a director and DARK SHADOWS might be one of his worst films thanks to it's incoherent tone, horrendous comedy, and the fact that it's just flat out boring as hell.

• Javier Cordero

★★ Watched by Javier Cordero 24 Mar, 2014

Dios, llegué a esta cosa por Eva Green y es con lo único que me quedo.

Burton parece cómodo con la autoparodia y su cancer: Jhonny Depp hablando y hablando y hablando.

• mri

★★★½ Watched by mri 06 Mar, 2014

ma ei tea, miks kellelegi see film ei meeldi. brutaalsus ja komöödia käsikäes, imelikud tegelased, ilusad stseenid. mitte midagi erakordset, kuid palju parem kui enamus sitta, mida konveiermeetod toodab. tänks, burton, mulle meeldid ikka alati

• Kinky Pigtails

Watched by Kinky Pigtails 15 Mar, 2014

[C-]

• Hunter

★★★ Watched by Hunter 16 Mar, 2014

There's something nice about watching a movie with a plot structure that's obviously not totally audience oriented. This is a weird movie, but not that weird. And not that good. But fine, on its own terms.