• sbaldwin16

★★½ Watched by sbaldwin16 30 Oct, 2014

I'm going to give this film (or at least the screenwriter) the benefit of the doubt and assume that the script is not originally bad but that way because they are trying very hard to fit several years into a single feature-length film. That would explain several confusing points of the story such as Victoria's background, what's going on with David's mom, and the out of nowhere reveal that we get about Chloe Grace Moretz's character. Needless to say, except for a couple of witty one-liner's from Depp, this film is wholly ignorable.

• Steve Nixon

★★★ Watched by Steve Nixon 28 Oct, 2014 4

Never seen the TV show but was pleasantly surprised by this, yes Eva Green hams it up as usual, yes Burton gives his missus a part even though she can't act and yes it's all about Depp really but it bobs along nicely and doesn't offend greatly until that child's werewolf.

• OtisPGrumble

Watched by OtisPGrumble 19 Oct, 2014

To paraphrase a Murray Lachlan Young poem:

"If you're gonna make films Tim, go Tim go!
    If you're gonna make films Tim, go Tim go!
    If you're gonna make films Tim, go Tim go!
    But don't do it like that Tim, no Tim no."

Dreadful stuff. Occasionally looks nice but the script is a pig, the tone is all over the place and the story is dreadful.

Thank god he made the excellent Frankenweenie the same year as this...otherwise I would've really been worried.

• Henrik Schunk

★★★★ Added by Henrik Schunk

Recent Burton movies have been a hit and miss for me. I though his candy-coloured overcoatings of classic favourites such as Alice in Wonderland and Charlie & The Chocolate Factory have been atrocious, yet he still managed to contain the creepy magic of The Sweeney Todd legend. On the other hand, I think it is a shame that Burton seems to commit to nothing else but remakes these days (rumours of Addams Family, Wizard of Oz are all flying around). Yet,…

• Isabella

★★★½ Added by Isabella

Loved the soundtrack, and if you like Burton films, you can't go wrong.

• ninifish

★★½ Added by ninifish

黑影家族(Dark Shadow)

畫面還是一貫的很有提姆波頓風格,劇情平平,不過有些笑點不錯~XD

• Vere

★★★ Added by Vere

I heard many bad things about this film before i saw it, but i actually enjoyed it. The only thing i really don't like is the ending. It's a very confusing and strange film, but as we know Tim Burton this isn't surprising. Nevertheless it isn't a typical Tim Burton film. Some things are mainstream or unnecessary in my opinion. But i like how things like a simple bed sheet can actually be terrifying. It's not a waste of time watching it, but Tim Burton definitely made better films.

View

• The Movie Opinionist: Dale Hutchinson (Watching Movies, Giving Stars and Opinions... Like a Boss)

Added by The Movie Opinionist: Dale Hutchinson (Watching Movies, Giving Stars and Opinions... Like a Boss)

WHY THE FU Do Johnny Depp keep playing eccentric roles. Yes, I love eccentricity but it shy's away from how good an actor Depp is

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★½ Rewatched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 04 Oct, 2014

How much you enjoy Tim Burton's Dark Shadows, the director's adaptation of the classic gothic soap opera, ultimately depends on how much you still like Burton by this point in his career, I think. I myself still enjoy his work on average, so concurrently, I enjoy this film a good deal. It's filled with elements of the supernatural, from vampires to witches, and all of those elements come together in a way that only Tim Burton can pull off and…

• Joey Gruszecki

★★ Watched by Joey Gruszecki 04 Oct, 2014

This is a seriously insane movie...

• John Ryan

★★ Watched by John Ryan 30 Sep, 2014

What happened to Tim Burton?? :\

• snugglor

★★½ Watched by snugglor 28 Sep, 2014

It's not terrible but it's not good either. The story is fragmented and the acting can be patchy. You aren't missing out by skipping this one.