• Sascha Nolte

★★★★ Watched by Sascha Nolte 25 Nov, 2015

Also ich wurde gut unterhalten ...

• SereKappa

★½ Watched by SereKappa 12 May, 2012

Seen with a "friend". But..both disappointed with the...wait, does a logical plot exist?
    Johnny badass.

• Lena

★½ Watched by Lena 14 Nov, 2015

It was bad. So, so bad. Tim Burton, please, stop.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Arturs Simanvoskis

★★★ Watched by Arturs Simanvoskis 01 Nov, 2015

I don't really know what Tim Burton was thinking when he decided to create this film. It feels as though he wanted to parody his own work just for fun because he could, but I can't deny that I did enjoy it while watching and making jokes about it with friends.

• James Richards

★★½ Watched by James Richards 31 Oct, 2015

A film that feels more like someone else's pastiche of a Tim Burton movie than a work by the man himself, Dark Shadows is almost certainly the director's weakest film to date.

Despite a cast featuring Burton regulars Depp and Bonham Carter, together with such acting talent as Eva Green and Chloe Moretz, the film never rises above its hackneyed setting and script.

The fact that Christopher Lee steals the show with the briefest of cameos, acting everyone else off the screen in the process, tells you pretty much all you need to know about this one.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 02 Sep, 2014

An imprisoned vampire is set free and returns to his ancestral home, where his dysfunctional descendants are in need of his protection.
    Loving and ironic homage to a popular 60s TV series which, however, can hardly be understood by those who haven't seen the original.

• Fatima

★★★ Watched by Fatima 29 Oct, 2015

I had very low expectations for Dark Shadows. I thought it would be cringe-worthy and feel forced. Which it wasn't, and it didn't. I'm not a huge Tim Burton fan, but I found that in this film, he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously, and it works out perfectly. I'd say it's not out of his style to throw in plenty of jokes in his films, but this one feels like a bit of a parody of his own…

• James Malley

★★½ Watched by James Malley 28 Oct, 2015

There was potential for a good movie here. The cast is pretty impressive, and the atmosphere is fitting for a gothic melodrama. Unfortunately the film feels more like a series television episodes crammed into a two hour movie. If Tim Burton had actually crafted a plot instead of a series of events, this might not have become the mess that it sadly is.

• Justin

★★★½ Watched by Justin 24 Oct, 2015

I'm surprised I enjoyed this movie at all. Dumb fun.

• Julius Grušas

Rewatched by Julius Grušas 23 Oct, 2015

Oh look Jack Sparrow is a vampire now.
    when i saw it i didn't hate it i quite liked it but now revaching i hated the film. It's badly paced story isint interesting and editing is bad direction of Burton was horrible and so try hard that this movie was style over the story. Johnny Depp was really bad in this film as well as other actors. This movie had a potential but wasted it it's like What We Do In A Shadows which is my favorite movie of 2015 so far, but done 100 times worse. So i Will give Dark Shadows

• S