• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 26 Aug, 2014 1

Gothic is the word most associated with Mr Tim Burton. Weird, odd, stinky, also spring to mind, but when it comes to his movies his Gothic sensibilities run wild. Look at the evidence. Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd, and of course his 1989 incarnation of Batman. He also likes to work with a specific type of actor and as time has gone by a certain Johnny Depp has become his favorite collaborator, with sometimes mixed…

• Gonçalo Loureiro

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo Loureiro 24 Aug, 2014

EVA FUCKIN GREEN AT HIS BEST <3

• Ben Dugan

★★½ Watched by Ben Dugan 21 Aug, 2014

Not quite as terrible as I was expecting though still nothing special.
    Eva Green is pretty good. Actually, most of the cast is perfectly fine. The script is the main problem here. None of the jokes land when they should and the plot is instantly forgettable.
    Tim Burton does his Tim Burton thing. It's no more or less inspired than it has been in the last decade and a half or so.

• David Owen

★½ Watched by David Owen 18 Aug, 2014

Not entirely without merit, it makes Alice in Wonderland look amazing, but it seems so completely unnecessary and more than a little pointless.

• Jan

★★½ Watched by Jan 10 Aug, 2014

I don't get it. Nice visuals, though.

• Chris

★½ Watched by Chris 08 Aug, 2014

Completely predictable and expected Tim Burton. There is nothing new here and none of the jokes hit any kind of mark. Not that it would have changed anything, but I felt like everyone was miscast.

• moviedave

★★½ Rewatched by moviedave 05 Aug, 2014

plot: mid 1700's a family move from England to the new world, where they start a successful fishing and canning business.
    the son, Depp, has an affair with a maid but spurns her for another woman. who happens to be a witch, and curses him with vampirism, and all of his descendants.
    trapped in his coffin for 300 years, he is set loose in 1972, where he vows to lift the curse and restore his family business back to its…

• Brett Leach

★★★ Rewatched by Brett Leach 01 Aug, 2014

Great cast and very well directed by Tim Burton, but they try to cram way too much story line into one film. Too bad because there is a lot of really good stuff here. And Eva Green is a great villain.

• cronic

★★★ Added by cronic

6,5/10

• MatthewLB

★★ Watched by MatthewLB 27 Jul, 2014

Johnny deep in a Tim Burton movie well nothing new here.Tim Burton's dark shadows. so after watching the movie I felt I was in Tin Burton land you know everything is dark and weird.the movie was just not that funny some parts in the movie was kind of funny and that's it.

• Bruce D.

★★ Watched by Bruce D. 21 Jul, 2014

Watched on Netflix DVD.

• Candide Kier

★★★★½ Rewatched by Candide Kier 22 Jul, 2014

I still can't come to terms with how much I love this film.