• DMC Kafka

★★★ Watched by DMC Kafka 14 Dec, 2014

After reading The Dissolve's excellent Career View on Tim Burton, I got an urge to watch more from him - although The Nightmare Before Christmas has long been a family tradition and the softie in me can't get enough of Big Fish, I actually haven't seen that many Burton movies at all. Ed Wood, the aforementioned Big Fish and Nightmare (although he didn't direct the latter), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and his utterly terrible Planet of the Apes remake…

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 19 Nov, 2012

8/10: It is dark, funny and overall classic Tim Burton. Overall, the film grabs my attention and keeps it throughout. The dialog is entertaining, exceptional music score and cinematography. Ignore the critics and poor reviews, watch it yourself and make your own judgement.

• Meral

½ Watched by Meral 12 Dec, 2014

I don't know if I am 'too old' for this movie or just that the whole story is uninteresting, I feel as if the plot is too shallow. Bummer(?)

• Chloe

★★★★ Added by Chloe

I, only just becoming a Burton fan myself, loved this movie. The gothic style is getting a little boring and isn't as good as the classics like Scissorhands and Beetlejuice but was still strong. The characters were weird and contrasting but strong especially Vicky. The story was good but it felt slow and dragging in the middle. It felt like there wasn't enough they could do with the characters and so kept repeating themselves. The music by Danny Elfman was again amazing like everything he does. Overall, good.

• Joyce Heinen

★★½ Watched by Joyce Heinen 07 Dec, 2014

Bringing a vampire story to life is off course perfect for director Tim Burton. His good friend Johnny Depp portrays the leading character Barnabas Collins, who has been obsessed by this character for years. Both actor and director are fans of the series created by Dan Curtis, aired during 1966 and 1971.

In the prologue of “Dark Shadows” we see the history of the Collins family. In 1752 they move from Liverpool to Collinsport, Maine where they earn their money…

• Hanu

★★★½ Added by Hanu

Not the best Tim Burton movie but still good. JOHNNY DEPP <3

• jakk

★★ Watched by jakk 07 Dec, 2014

Visually stunning. Beyond that, not much.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now showing at Hollywood cinema, it is outstandingly wonderful and Tim Burton back to his very best. To be honest some people are going to really enjoy this film and some people are just going to dislike this film strongly, I know this is a really random statement but it fits well in this review. I am one of the people that really enjoyed this film, it has a mysterious atmosphere with a good…

• Nicole Le Fevre

★★★ Added by Nicole Le Fevre

Classic Tim Burton film, I happen to enjoy them.

• Nathan Richardson

Added by Nathan Richardson

The characters are paper thin, nothing makes any logical sense in regard to what has previously happened in the film and the decisions made by our unlikable cast.

I'm so harsh on this film because of bland Tim Burton movies have become. This being one of them that seals the fact at least for me, that he has lost it.

• Liakos

★★★★ Watched by Liakos 27 Nov, 2014

Pardon my enthusiasm for this obviously minor Burton entry but this one has to be a very personal affair for its auteur. And I enjoyed it enormously, nevertheless.
    It all leads to a crescendo of sweet little horrors and a delirium of delicious comic gothicisms really, still Burton is lovingly as well as wickedly serious throughout, in his version of "no man was ever safe from an abandoned woman's wrath".
    Almost superb.

• MovieMan23

Added by MovieMan23

Tim Burton please come back to us...