• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Another annoying movie from Tim Burton but thanks to decent performances and Eva Green's great sexy performance it at least delivers an OK movie.

• Gunther Ramysen

★★★★ Watched by Gunther Ramysen 16 Sep, 2014

I saw all the bad reviews about this movie, but this Tim Burton and Johnny Depp movie i liked much more than the others in his repertoire. The music did many good things to me and the story and the way the screenplay is written give me a few good laughs. A lovable film who doesn't earn the bad reviews.

• John Connor

Watched by John Connor 11 May, 2012

Seriously, Tim Burton, just stop it. Stop right now. Yeah, you too, Depp. This horrifyingly lazy adaptation of a 60's supernatural soap-opera(?) is an unmitigated disaster. The script is all over the place, never knowing what story it's trying to tell, the characters are about as interesting as bricks, and the design feels like autopilot Burton-alia. Eva Green, vamping it up as the villain and sexy as hell, is the only bright spark.

• georgetomacini

★★★½ Added by georgetomacini

A movie I love more every time I see it. I liked it the first time but, honestly, now i'm kind of in love with it. The 70s milieu is brilliantly evocative and if the movie kind of shambles along, depressedly, that kind of adds to the overall oddness of it. I think it's his best movie since Sleepy Hollow, definitely his most diverting. Depp does a good job and so does the entire cast. Fans of the show seemed…

• sho_chan0319

★★½ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 12 May, 2012

It was meh. It might even be my least favorite Johnny Depp film.

• sarahc

★★★ Added by sarahc

eva green - only reason I watched it

• YI JIAN

½ Added by YI JIAN

A film so dumb it makes Meet The Spartans look like Citizen Kane. Would rather dig my eyeballs out.

• Matthias

★★★ Watched by Matthias 01 Sep, 2014

Angelique Bouchard: I worshipped you!
    Barnabas Collins: You plagued me!
    Angelique Bouchard: I adore you!
    Barnabas Collins: I despise you!

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 26 Aug, 2014 1

Gothic is the word most associated with Mr Tim Burton. Weird, odd, stinky, also spring to mind, but when it comes to his movies his Gothic sensibilities run wild. Look at the evidence. Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd, and of course his 1989 incarnation of Batman. He also likes to work with a specific type of actor and as time has gone by a certain Johnny Depp has become his favorite collaborator, with sometimes mixed…

• Gonçalo Loureiro

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo Loureiro 24 Aug, 2014

EVA FUCKIN GREEN AT HIS BEST <3

• Ben Dugan

★★½ Watched by Ben Dugan 21 Aug, 2014

Not quite as terrible as I was expecting though still nothing special.
    Eva Green is pretty good. Actually, most of the cast is perfectly fine. The script is the main problem here. None of the jokes land when they should and the plot is instantly forgettable.
    Tim Burton does his Tim Burton thing. It's no more or less inspired than it has been in the last decade and a half or so.

• David Owen

★½ Watched by David Owen 18 Aug, 2014

Not entirely without merit, it makes Alice in Wonderland look amazing, but it seems so completely unnecessary and more than a little pointless.