• cronic

★★★ Added by cronic

6,5/10

• MatthewLB

★★ Watched by MatthewLB 27 Jul, 2014

Johnny deep in a Tim Burton movie well nothing new here.Tim Burton's dark shadows. so after watching the movie I felt I was in Tin Burton land you know everything is dark and weird.the movie was just not that funny some parts in the movie was kind of funny and that's it.

• Bruce D.

★★ Watched by Bruce D. 21 Jul, 2014

Watched on Netflix DVD.

• Candide Kier

★★★★½ Rewatched by Candide Kier 22 Jul, 2014

I still can't come to terms with how much I love this film.

• phoenicianlover

★½ Watched by phoenicianlover 22 Jul, 2014

It's a Tim Burton movie with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, what more is there to say?
    Barnabas Collins is a mix between Sweeney Todd and Victor van Dort (Corpse Bride).
    The movie is light and slightly funny but really not worth watching.
    Chloe Grace Moretz is super cute <3

• moviemanwill

Added by moviemanwill

Green almost makes it work. Depp is mostly fine as well. The problems begin and end with Burton. Forever sigh-induced by the sight of this film.

• Luke Grima

★★★ Watched by Luke Grima 19 Jul, 2014

A surprisingly watchable film from creatively stunted goth bastard Tim Burton.

• longlostdynasty

★★ Watched by longlostdynasty 13 Jul, 2014

I do not like Tim Burton films. I did not expect to like this film. I did not like it. One star because I like '70s music, one star because I like JLM and Eva Green. I wish Tim Burton would stop making films.

• wizardoffilms

★★★ Added by wizardoffilms

Besides the predictable plot, the colors in this film are so retro, haunting, and beautiful.

• Lovro Preprotnik

★★★ Watched by Lovro Preprotnik 10 Jul, 2014

Today I watched Tim Burton's movie "Dark Shadows". I've been entertained. It is funny and good. Still, it's not great, it's just good. Nothing special,really.

• Pablo Beal

★★★★ Added by Pablo Beal 6

To be honest, I don't get all the hate this gets. Like at all.

I love Tim Burton's style of comedy and so I dug the hell out of this movie's style finding it very refreshing and reminiscent of his more classical style, feeling a lot like "Beetlejuice" in a lot of aspects. Deviating from the source material in tone can bother some but I take it as it is: a fun homage to the show while also a spoof…

• Paul

★★ Watched by Paul 09 Jul, 2014

Some funny moments but all in all, quite strained. Straining to fill it's running time. Perhaps it would have helped a bit if I was familiar with the tv series it was based on, but ultimately, it felt like the film was masquerading its emptiness with parody. The usual flimsy dialogue and mediocre acting for a Burton film however this time, even the stylised visuals and set design just barely kept my interest throughout.