• JWRyan1990

★★ Watched by JWRyan1990 30 Sep, 2014

What happened to Tim Burton?? :\

• snugglor

★★½ Watched by snugglor 28 Sep, 2014

It's not terrible but it's not good either. The story is fragmented and the acting can be patchy. You aren't missing out by skipping this one.

• Alesia

★★★ Watched by Alesia 26 May, 2012

Burton has messed up another popular franchise with this movie. It's all over the place this time. In some scenes he goes for black comedy, but in others the comedy is goofy and light. It likes to make fun of the 70s a lot too. Then, he decides that other scenes shouldn't be funny at all, and that this is in fact a thriller/horror movie. Oh, but wait, the original show was a soap opera, I think I'll add that…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 03 Nov, 2013

Even at his lowest, Tim Burton has enough magic up his sleeve to produce some truly fantastic and Burtonesque entertainment. Dark Shadows is basically a horror/comedy that is neither too scary nor too funny but somehow there were enough of both for it to be something very enjoyable and, at times, even charming.

Its main problem was probably how often it failed to make me laugh. Most jokes were too silly and predictable, or simply stupid one-liners. That didn’t bother…

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Another annoying movie from Tim Burton but thanks to decent performances and Eva Green's great sexy performance it at least delivers an OK movie.

• Gunther Ramysen

★★★★ Watched by Gunther Ramysen 16 Sep, 2014

I saw all the bad reviews about this movie, but this Tim Burton and Johnny Depp movie i liked much more than the others in his repertoire. The music did many good things to me and the story and the way the screenplay is written give me a few good laughs. A lovable film who doesn't earn the bad reviews.

• John Connor

Watched by John Connor 11 May, 2012

Seriously, Tim Burton, just stop it. Stop right now. Yeah, you too, Depp. This horrifyingly lazy adaptation of a 60's supernatural soap-opera(?) is an unmitigated disaster. The script is all over the place, never knowing what story it's trying to tell, the characters are about as interesting as bricks, and the design feels like autopilot Burton-alia. Eva Green, vamping it up as the villain and sexy as hell, is the only bright spark.

• georgetomacini

★★★½ Added by georgetomacini

A movie I love more every time I see it. I liked it the first time but, honestly, now i'm kind of in love with it. The 70s milieu is brilliantly evocative and if the movie kind of shambles along, depressedly, that kind of adds to the overall oddness of it. I think it's his best movie since Sleepy Hollow, definitely his most diverting. Depp does a good job and so does the entire cast. Fans of the show seemed…

• sho_chan0319

★★½ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 12 May, 2012

It was meh. It might even be my least favorite Johnny Depp film.

• sarahc

★★★ Added by sarahc

eva green - only reason I watched it

• YI JIAN

½ Added by YI JIAN

A film so dumb it makes Meet The Spartans look like Citizen Kane. Would rather dig my eyeballs out.

• Matthias

★★★ Watched by Matthias 01 Sep, 2014

Angelique Bouchard: I worshipped you!
    Barnabas Collins: You plagued me!
    Angelique Bouchard: I adore you!
    Barnabas Collins: I despise you!