• yaykisspurr

½ Watched by yaykisspurr 15 May, 2012

This was so hideous. The setup was done before the title even rolled! The plot was dull or rather almost non-existent. Everyone tried to be campy but it came across more as bad acting. The core seemed to emphasize the awfulness in particular! Everyone had an "event" that seemed to be the stand in for actual character "arcs" but wasn't anything more than a moment in the characters' lives with very little to support it on either side.

The major problem was it spent so much energy trying to be funny but wasn't!

BOTTOM LINE: A stinker, ewwww.

• jgmolina

★★★ Added by jgmolina

Melodramatic, atmospheric horror with a touch of humor. In Burtonesque fashion, it's a wildly grotesque century-old love story. It does suffer a bumpy flow and granted, the ensemble isn't given much to do but it still entertains plenty.

• Chris

★★ Watched by Chris 11 May, 2015

I think Eva Green is a fine actor at the best of times, but this is too much....

• Noetic Hatter

★★★ Watched by Noetic Hatter 10 May, 2015 13

Saw this one in the cinema and wasn't crazy about it.

Recently watched a few eps of Dark Shadows to go with my Kate Jackson thing of late, so I thought I would give it another try.

Not as funny as it tries to be at points, and Eva Green is too over-the-top as Angelique. But it looks wonderful, and since I don't have a massive connection to the original series, I am not offended by changes.

It has grown on me a little bit.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

So, aside from some idiot running into a transformer and blacking out half the city so that the movie stopped maybe three fourths of the way through, I liked this way more than everyone else seemed to. My mom and I went to this and the montage...where they play the Carpenter's song...I think we laughed through that entire segment.

These asshole hipster summer douches were glaring at us...the same ones that were like, 'this place is so provincial, this would…

• Alex Kozak

★½ Added by Alex Kozak

The latest directorial project from Tim Burton, which also happens to be the 8th pairing with Johnny Depp, had a very disappointing opening weekend. When a film costs a lot to make, it needs to make it back. Based on the $36,000,000 opening weekend for this film that cost $150,000,000 to make, it’s easy to venture that this film is another disappointment. It’s sad to say, but the numbers don’t lie in this case. Dark Shadows was a listless and…

• Reece Leonard

★½ Added by Reece Leonard

A mediocre script and a wildly inconsistant tone make for a star-studded bore.

• CassieHW

Added by CassieHW

One of the worst movies Ive ever seen. I almost walked out it was so bad. So cheesy and so over acted.

• Akil Brooks

★½ Watched by Akil Brooks 05 Apr, 2015

The tone is perfect for the first thirty minutes, but then people start getting yoinked offscreen by a cane handle, and it's all downhill from there. Nice set design, costumes, and casting, though--

• Susannah Northart

★½ Added by Susannah Northart

How it is that this movie could be boring, I don't know, but it definitely was.

• Peter Gatt

★½ Rewatched by Peter Gatt 31 Mar, 2015

Almost unwatchable this is the low point in the Burton filmography[hy

• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★★ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 11 Jun, 2012

I saw this film during its theatrical release with my Mom at the good old Hollywood Theater in Crowley. Which was very appropriate, considering she gave me my lifelong love of the wonderful, operatic horror soap opera it's based on. She used to run home after school every day to watch it, and she shared that with me by taping the syndication off the Sci-Fi Channel when it was still called that.

As to the film itself, I was pretty…