• Troy

★★½ Watched by Troy 28 Jul, 2015

EVA4EVA

• alexbhades

★★★ Watched by alexbhades 14 May, 2012

El film esta conseguido visualmente, tiene sus momentos, pero se me ha hecho pesada o aburrida en algún momento, y no se exactamente porque.
    Después de analizarlo un poco he llegado a la conclusión de que carece por completo del factor x (lo que te hace sentir y no se puede evaluar), quizás es que Tim Burton necesita reinventarse y no seguir con sus clichés.

• Chad Anderson

★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 04 Jul, 2015

Coming from a long fan of Dark Shadows, I enjoyed the movie in the theater just for the connection and to see what they would do with it.

Camp and retro 70s was not what I was looking for. A lot of the action is very visually arresting in the Tim Burton way, but does not add up to the effort put into it. I guess the hope was for something Beetlejuice-like, with mock horror, some conflict, and the heart…

• t2kickassjedi

★½ Added by t2kickassjedi

Dark Shadows was very stupid. It tried to be an adult comedy but in the end it was too sexual it it was very campy and the only good thing was Johnny Depp's performance.

• Tae

★★½ Watched by Tae 19 Jul, 2015

This is one of those films where it sat on my watchlist for such a long time that I felt obligated to view it, even though I'd lost interest long ago. At first, I was really impressed-it had really nice visuals and atmosphere, and a more interesting, dramatic storyline than the trailers had shown. Then, less than halfway through, everything took a sharp turn for the worse and never recovered. I don't even know where to begin.

Well, I'll start…

• Will Peters

★★★★ Added by Will Peters

A really fun movie. Is you were ever a fan of the original Dark Shadows TV show/soap opera, this is pretty far from it honestly. But still a lot of fun. Very funny, good seventies soundtrack, and awesome costumes and set pieces.

• WolfBoy

★★ Watched by WolfBoy 19 Jul, 2015

The film starts off very strong and sets up what seems like a very exciting story, but sadly it starts to fall flat around the half way point and everything just becomes tediously uninteresting and dull. Its a shame, there are some good actors in this, Depp is less annoying in yet another cooky role, i liked him here, but everything else just didn't hold my interest enough.

• Rick DeSantis

★★★ Watched by Rick DeSantis 18 Jul, 2015

I enjoyed the movie. Campy kind of fun from Tim Burton. Burton regulars, Depp and Bonham Carter are excellent. Eva Green is such a good actress and she plays evil very well. Chloe Moretz is growing into a beautiful and excellent actress. Christopher Lee and Alice Cooper appearances rocked. I thought Michelle Pfeiffer was under-utilized but she classed up the movie and looks incredible doing it. I didn't think the 1972 setting would work but I actually liked it and all the references to that timeframe. Some twists and turns at the end were not great.

• SammyBronkowitz

★★★★½ Rewatched by SammyBronkowitz 19 Feb, 2013

I liked it a lot when I saw it the first time, but now I freakin love it! It’s such an immensly entertaining mix of supernatural family drama and dry comedy. And it made me a huge Eva Green fan! She is insanely hot here and gives a deliciously freaky performance.

The one problem that I still have, is that at one point it just hits a million plot twists over the viewers head and not every one feels justified.…

• Travis McClain

★★★ Watched by Travis McClain 01 Jul, 2015 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This is yet another movie in my shared UltraViolet library, watched with my niece. She watched it while I was asleep earlier in the week, so it's fitting that she should fall asleep while I watched it tonight. She seems to really dig it, because she'd already seen it before both of these viewings, and when it came time to pick something to watch tonight, she didn't hesitate or even ask me about it.

I've never seen (to my knowledge)…

• mmund2

★★★ Added by mmund2

actually surprisingly fun
    intrusive tonal shifts
    no depth characters and relationships

• eschwa22