• cronic

★★★★½ Added by cronic

8,5/10

• Michael Borshuk

★★★½ Watched by Michael Borshuk 17 Aug, 2014

Some incredible bits here from one of the game's best. At times, DC is a little too predictable, but his energy always makes him worthwhile to watch.

• Mark_Lemmond

★★★★ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 12 Aug, 2014

Chappelle is a comedic genius that never fails to deliver the laughs, I would love to see him do more stand up.

• "Greg Adkins"

★★★★½ Rewatched by "Greg Adkins" 26 Jun, 2014

Fifteen years later, and goddamn it if this shit isn't just as funny as the first time I saw it.

• Oliver Smiff

★★★½ Rewatched by Oliver Smiff 20 Mar, 2014

After multiple appearances with Comic Relief and a half hour special on HBO, Dave Chappelle returns to his hometown of Washington, D.C., to tape his first hour-long special. He spends the bulk of the time exploring racial differences and making cultural observations, with a smattering of political humour. Chappelle manages to navigate some sensitive material with a disarming charisma. He's not breaking any new ground for black comedians here, but he manages to make it seem fresh with his effortless…

• Thomas Prieto

★★★½ Rewatched by Thomas Prieto 27 Nov, 2013

A nearly flawless standup routine that incisively explores issues of race in America. The problem is that the one flaw is pretty major. The last 10-15 minutes of the act are full of terribly sexist jokes. It's disappointing that a man who is so attuned to the injustices faced by minorities in America would be so blind to those faced by women.

This is one of those situations where giving a film a star rating is even more absurd than usual. How many stars do you take away for 10-15 minutes of sexism? So please ignore my rating - it's only there for cataloguing purposes.

• Red

★★★★ Watched by Red 26 Apr, 2013

HEY BABY GO HOME ITS 3 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING OUT

• Jehek

★★★★★ Watched by Jehek 01 Mar, 2013

Hilarious, I could listen to him all day on loop

• Steve Grzesiak

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Grzesiak 20 Nov, 2012

I only watched this for the first time back in the summer, but I found it even better on a second viewing. Chappelle really is a master of spinning a tall tale into something almost entirely believable, and his observations on the treatment of white people versus black people by the police is some of the best comedy you could ever wish to hear.

What also strikes me about this performance is Chappelle's total and utter confidence in his material,…

• Steve Grzesiak

★★★★ Watched by Steve Grzesiak 06 Jul, 2012

Even though there are some outstanding stand up comedians around right now, the medium is a lot poorer for Dave Chappelle's continued absence. Rarely is that more obvious than with Killin' Them Softly.

It would be pretty difficult to pick out the strongest area of this performance, because Chappelle rarely does peaks and troughs in his performances. Instead he manages a remarkably consistent run of humour right the way through. There's nothing especially new or original here in terms of themes, but it is beautifully executed.

Plus, I could really never tire of his impressions of his white friend, Chip.

• The Ron

★★★ Added by The Ron

Funny enough although I was bigger fan of his show than his stand up.

• Don Ramón

★★★★★ Added by Don Ramón

They got a character on there named Oscar, they treat this guy like shit the entire show. They judge him right in his face, "Oscar you are so mean! Isn't he kids?", "Yeah Oscar! Your a grouch!", its like "BITCH! I LIVE IN A FUCKING TRASHCAN!"