• Goon

★★★★ Rewatched by Goon 27 Jan, 2015

Just rewatched this one with Anna as part of her required viewing. I still maintain that the original is the best but this is one of the best remakes ever. Lots of really good gore and the personalities are very well done.

• Joey

★★★★ Rewatched by Joey 26 Jan, 2015

Though lacking the social commentary of the Romero original, the Dawn remake is still a damn good scary movie. Scarier, even, than the original.

It's has a solid balance of tones; solid performances; a solid script that knows the best scares are those that come after a quiet spell, and that the scares are only scary when we care about the characters they're happening to. And of course, Zack Snyder handles the direction with style and a deft hand for…

• James Turpin

★★★½ Watched by James Turpin 17 Jan, 2015

A moderately satisfying zombie flick, 'Dawn of the Dead' succeeds largely when it mixes things up a bit. Replacing horror with action and character with dark humour, it gains a fleetness of foot that carries us along with the greatest of ease. What it loses in the process, though, are characterization and any great feeling of stakes. We are held at arms length from the world of the film, it just becomes a bit too flimsy.

And do we need any more racist hillbilly characters in our apocalypse films? It's becoming a trope at this point.

MY THREE WORDS
    Punchy, brash, light.

• Will Tyrrell

★★★★ Rewatched by Will Tyrrell 10 Jan, 2015

First time I've seen this since I was 15 or 16 when I used to watch it all the time, I'm glad to see that it's as good as I remember. More of a gory action film than a horror film to be honest, but as far as zombie films go this is definitely up there with the best. The characters may not be amazingly well developed (compared to like 90% of horror films they're bursting with personality) but they're…

• Dude222

★★★★★ Added by Dude222

perfect remake, even better than the original in my opinion. Best Zombie movie out there

• Karen Morris - Kola

★★★★½ Added by Karen Morris - Kola

A group of people are trapped in a mall during a zombie apocalypse.

• nikae

★★ Added by nikae

Was it supposed to be funny or to be scared? I didn't find any of them so.

• giopazzo

★★★½ Watched by giopazzo 01 Jan, 2015

Um bom filme de ação, com personagens relativamente ricos (para um action movie).

• Gore Blimey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gore Blimey 02 Jan, 2015

As the world wakes up to find a zombie epidemic has spread overnight, a group of survivors takes refuge in a shopping mall.

Remaking Romero's cult classic, Dawn Of The Dead, could be seen as either very brave, or simply asking for trouble. Especially if you're going to change the zombies to make them fast moving. But I have to say Zack Snyder has done a remarkable job. The story begins with a shocking pre-credits sequence, which rapidly takes us…

• Taylor Penny

★★★ Added by Taylor Penny

Not as good as the original, but what could top Romero's absolute masterpiece of filmmaking? Still scary and energized.

• jalva

Watched by jalva 29 Dec, 2014

Two words: zombie baby

• Scott Fairgrieve

★★★½ Watched by Scott Fairgrieve 30 Dec, 2014

if you take the original and strip out the social commentary, minimize the human vs. human tension, and update the special effects, and , and you pretty much have this film. I enjoyed it because it didn't try to me more than what it is -- a superficial, fun zombie romp.

Three observations:

The scene in the beginning at home with the neighbor girl and husband was terrific.

I have to admit that the fast moving zombies were a lot more terrifying than the slow ones.

I loved the cameo by Tom Savini as the cop on TV. Nice nod to the original.