• Psicopanadero

Watched by Psicopanadero 28 Jun, 2015

Siempre me duele cuando Sarah Polley se cae en la bañera :(

• Jack1704

★★½ Rewatched by Jack1704 21 Jun, 2015

No idea why I watch this type of film.

Got half way through it and had to go downstairs to make sure the front and back doors were closed. Also boarded up the windows just to be on the safe side.

When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

• Chris Vallée

★★½ Watched by Chris Vallée 23 Jun, 2015

I'm no zombie purist, in fact, I'm beginning to think I might not even like zombie movies after the last few I've seen, but fast running zombies just doesn't work for me, at least not in this film. After seeing the original Dawn, and not really caring for it, I appreciate that is movie was more of its own thing rather than I direct remake. However, with that being said, I think I actually preferred the original, and wish this…

• ageofmich

★★★★ Added by ageofmich

Mein Lieblingszombiefilm.
    Wieder einmal überzeugt Zack Snyder mich mit einem tollen Intro.

• iceberrie

★★★½ Rewatched by iceberrie 24 May, 2015

I’m not exactly a Zack Snyder fan, but whenever I happened to catch this, I’m impressed. When one gets to remake a classic, one must get to be under tremendous pressure… and easy to overdo… but Mr. Snyder provided a decent, solid work for sure.

• jdue

★★★½ Rewatched by jdue 21 Jun, 2015

"Fuck y'all."

• fabitof

★★½ Rewatched by fabitof 18 Jun, 2015

Na minha memória, esse filme era bem melhor e mais assustador. Mas, quando o vi a 1a vez, eu não tinha referência nenhuma sobre o Zack Snyder, hoje um dos piores diretores da face da Terra. O filme até começa bem, direito ao ponto e enervante, usando a mesma ideia de zumbis velozes e furiosos de "Extermínio" para refazer um cult do George Romero. Mas os diálogos são péssimos e as situações são filmadas sem nenhuma dramaticidade. Como sutileza não é o forte de Snyder, pelo menos ele filma as cenas de ação com muita energia e sangue, mas com poucos sustos.

• AuthenticAustin

★★★★ Rewatched by AuthenticAustin 18 Jun, 2015

This movie is the remake to the 1978 classic horror flick of the same name.

I won't go into detail about the plot of this film because it is basically the same as the original with a few things added. There were a lot of differences in this movie. The original focuses on only 3 survivors, while this one has about 12 survivors. The original builds up to it's zombies. Only showing a few in the first 30 minutes, while…

• FlickFanatics

★★★★½ Rewatched by FlickFanatics 14 Jun, 2015 1

A remake that I enjoy more than the original!

• Calum Iain MacIver

★★★★★ Watched by Calum Iain MacIver 17 Sep, 2012

As a massive fan of George A. Romero and his classic “Dead” trilogy (and in particular the original “Dawn of the Dead” from 1978) I was highly cynical and sceptical about an attempted remake (or “re-imagining” as its makers would have it) of such a highly regarded and seminal work. Refusing to see it on original release, I eventually caught up with it as a Director’s Cut on DVD some years after its original release and boy was I wrong…

• JohnTyler

★★★★½ Added by JohnTyler

Zack Snyder's remake of George A. Romero's horror classic is a superb zombie film, with likeable characters, witty dialogue, excellent make-up effects, fun action sequences, great performances, and beautiful cinematography.

• Goremaster

★★★★½ Added by Goremaster

Excellent remake of Romero's Dawn of the Dead.

The story is basically the same, with a group of people stranded in a mall surrounded by zombies. The tournament scene where the policeman and the owner of the gun shop kill "celebrities" zombies was a nice addition.

Beware with the fake end of the movie. The real and great end happens during the final credits.