• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

A "remake" of Romero's Dawn of the Dead, this film is a very different one. It's an action survival film, instead of a satirical social comedy. And it's good at what it does. The opening sequence is amazing.

• Dan Scully

★★★★ Added by Dan Scully

This is how you adapt a movie. Reverent to the original but entertaining in its own right.

• Darren Fx

★★★½ Rewatched by Darren Fx 28 Mar, 2015

"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

I believe this is one of those rare sequels that are better than it's original.

Yes, you got that right, I do not like the original Dawn of the Dead. I believe it is monotonous and dull. Sorry to let a lot of you down. I will probably eat those words when I rewatch it, because a rewatch is needed for such a film I did…

• Cactus Matt

★★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

A surprisingly complimentary remake that while not matching what came before, offers great acting, tense set pieces and terrifically gory action.

• Alex Keipper

★★★ Added by Alex Keipper

Unlike the Night remake, which tries to use all of the same tricks with a less fulfilling payoff, this is an almost entirely different film than the original, with a totally different angle. It ends up as more of an action movie than anything else, but sometimes, that's okay. The zombies are terrifying, and it's really fun to watch, besides lagging in the middle. If Zack Snyder's career had continued more in this direction than the over-CG speed ramp nonsense he got into, maybe he'd be a more interesting director.

• Thom D.J.

★★★★ Rewatched by Thom D.J. 05 Mar, 2015

Snyder's zombies are FAST, yo!!

And as far as remakes go, this is not a shabby try at all! Snyder makes this a more action packed zombie flick, and I think it works.
    And all the other ingredients for a cool zombie film are there; great make up which makes the zombies quite nasty looking, no explanation as to what the f*ck is going on and how this happened, an interesting character gallery, okay actors playing them, and last but not least; blood. A LOT of blood.

But fast zombies, yo. FAST zombies!

Hell yeah!

• Matt_Samples

★★★★ Added by Matt_Samples

Surpassed the original. My go to horror movie when I want to watch something scary.

• James

★★★★ Watched by James 27 Feb, 2015

Zombies are probably the most boring horror commodity on the market today, so it's really astonishing to see how good a zombie film can be when it has a budget, style, and effort. The characters really make this for me and I loved how they retained the montages of the characters goofing off around the mall. I still probably prefer the original, but it's pretty damn close. This one certainly had more emotional sucker punch moments though.

God, why aren't all zombie movies this good...

• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

Fun horror thriller with plenty of action and some style.

• Deeimentia

Watched by Deeimentia 18 Feb, 2015 4

I was very boring watching it :/

• Chase Eiland

★★★½ Watched by Chase Eiland 10 Oct, 2014

Fast and fierce film (just like the undead it features). Some fun shocking moments.

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

This remake improves on every level. Now there is a debate about fast versus slow zombies. The George Romero purists will always criticise anything other than shuffling corpses. But the faster more threatening zombies in this movie are terrifying. A great start and genuinely scary set pieces throughout add up to a really excellent zombie flick.