• GenkiB

★★★½ Rewatched by GenkiB 11 Feb, 2014

This is not the original. This is the 2004 remake directorial debut of Zach Snyder. I had this DVD kickin’ around my house so I thought I’d watch it. I saw the original in Utsunomiya Japan with my friend Zander (apparently a great comic book artist). Every time something scary would happen he would jump or knock my hand off the armrest. He was a great guy to watch a horror movie with. His tension, amped up my tension. I…

• Jacob Kyon

★★★½ Rewatched by Jacob Kyon 19 Dec, 2014

Fun, brainless (pun intended) zombie movie with some light laughs. Not bad for Snyder's first movie, but you can clearly tell the man prefers style over substance.

• Todd S. Gallows

★★★ Watched by Todd S. Gallows 17 Dec, 2014

Not bad as far as zombie movies go. But definitely part of the blame for the ongoing onslaught of zombie films that spurred my zombie fatigue.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★★ Rewatched by Scott D'Agostino 17 Dec, 2014

One of the best zombie movies of the 21st-century.

• Phil Sternwise

Added by Phil Sternwise

Did the asshole who made this even watch the original movie?

• Tim

★★★★½ Added by Tim

As a true lover of horror films of days gone by, nothing is more distressing to me than the recent glut of horror remakes that will no doubt continue for many years to come. The exception to that rule is daring director Zack Snyder's take on "Dawn of the Dead", a grim, visually exciting and most importantly respectful remake of George Romero's classic.

Right from the opening moments, the film puts you in the shoes of the characters with it's…

• ammonra

★★★ Added by ammonra

the first ten minutes is amazing, the rest not so much

• ChasingTheDawn

★★★ Added by ChasingTheDawn

Still one of the better ones in a bad genre.

• COBRARocky

★★★½ Watched by COBRARocky 09 Dec, 2014

When did Phil Dunphy become such a jerk?

• pillole di cinema

★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 20 Mar, 2014

L'alba dei morti viventi è costruito benino però i personaggi sono usa e getta come al solito. Non male, ma imparagonabile con l'originale.

• stephendanay

★★★½ Rewatched by stephendanay 25 Nov, 2014

Probably Zach Snyder's best, all things considered.

• alf025237

★★★★ Added by alf025237

refilmagem do filme O despertar dos mortos dos anos 70 de George Romero. é um ótimo filme tão bom quanto seu original. cumpre a que foi proposto.