• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 19 Apr, 2015

"Dawn of the Dead" is a really fun zombie movie that doesn't hold back.
    GRADE: B+

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

The ad for this freaked me out. Probably because a cemetery was in our backyard at the time.

I have failed on multiple occasions to see the original (and it's not as though I didn't make a solid effort it just didn't happen).

Anyway, fast zombies, woo! I guess it was this movie that hooked me. I hadn't thought about zombies much since I was ten or so.

I can more or less gauge my level of mental wellness on…

• Eli H

★★★ Watched by Eli H 27 Mar, 2015

Laughably scary. But great intro!

• MechaGodzilla

★★½ Watched by MechaGodzilla 29 Mar, 2015

Watch the original instead.

• Jason Alley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jason Alley 02 Apr, 2015 4

Sometime in late 2003, I snagged an invite for a special test screening of an unnamed film. Somehow, based only on the small, generically worded paragraph on that piece of paper, I had a very good feeling that I was about to see an early cut of the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake. As the line of people were being admitted to the theatre, the dude collecting the tickets asked each person "What do YOU think the movie is?" There…

• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

A "remake" of Romero's Dawn of the Dead, this film is a very different one. It's an action survival film, instead of a satirical social comedy. And it's good at what it does. The opening sequence is amazing.

• Dan Scully

★★★★ Added by Dan Scully

This is how you adapt a movie. Reverent to the original but entertaining in its own right.

• Darren Fx

★★★½ Rewatched by Darren Fx 28 Mar, 2015

"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

I believe this is one of those rare sequels that are better than it's original.

Yes, you got that right, I do not like the original Dawn of the Dead. I believe it is monotonous and dull. Sorry to let a lot of you down. I will probably eat those words when I rewatch it, because a rewatch is needed for such a film I did…

• Cactus Matt

★★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

A surprisingly complimentary remake that while not matching what came before, offers great acting, tense set pieces and terrifically gory action.

• Alex Keipper

★★★ Added by Alex Keipper

Unlike the Night remake, which tries to use all of the same tricks with a less fulfilling payoff, this is an almost entirely different film than the original, with a totally different angle. It ends up as more of an action movie than anything else, but sometimes, that's okay. The zombies are terrifying, and it's really fun to watch, besides lagging in the middle. If Zack Snyder's career had continued more in this direction than the over-CG speed ramp nonsense he got into, maybe he'd be a more interesting director.

• Thom D.J.

★★★★ Rewatched by Thom D.J. 05 Mar, 2015

Snyder's zombies are FAST, yo!!

And as far as remakes go, this is not a shabby try at all! Snyder makes this a more action packed zombie flick, and I think it works.
    And all the other ingredients for a cool zombie film are there; great make up which makes the zombies quite nasty looking, no explanation as to what the f*ck is going on and how this happened, an interesting character gallery, okay actors playing them, and last but not least; blood. A LOT of blood.

But fast zombies, yo. FAST zombies!

Hell yeah!

• Matt_Samples

★★★★ Added by Matt_Samples

Surpassed the original. My go to horror movie when I want to watch something scary.