• Jason Bradshaw

★★★★ Added by Jason Bradshaw

Not really a re-make of the original Dawn of the Dead by George Romero, but more of a film that borrows the same concept and context (and title!) to make a completely different film in its own right.

I'm a fan of the original, and although I think an actual re-make of that film could be done I don't see what the point would be. The original is great and should be watched for its own merits. This, thought,…

• Anthony

Watched by Anthony 28 Nov, 2015

Gunn and Snyder use the survivors-holed-up-in-a-mall premise from the original as the basis for a reasonably well-oiled but otherwise typical studio ensemble zombie horror film (see the Resident Evil films from this period ('02 and '04), 28 Days Later ('02), Shaun of the Dead ('04) for similar plot preoccupations). In contrast with Romero, Gunn conceived of zombie conflict primarily in adversarial and quest-driven terms: securing the mall from zombies requires the immediate introduction of tyrannical security guards; dealing with them…

• Ayden

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ayden 27 Nov, 2015

I wish I was watching this for the first time every time I watched it.

• Dennie van der Tuuk

★★★★ Rewatched by Dennie van der Tuuk 26 Nov, 2015

What Snyder did with this is just amazing. It's equally as good as the original. He ugraded it really well with some great camerawork (that shot that follows the car through all the crazyness) and some fast paced editing and action scenes. It doesn't get really scary, but zombies are not that scary, the setting is. Being locked up with people you don't know and letting people in who you really don't trust. As in the original it's just fun…

• OscarBV

★★★★ Watched by OscarBV 26 Nov, 2015

Una película de zombies de George A. Romero dirigida por Zack Snyder con guión de James Gunn.

El resultado es COJONUTEN.

PD: Hay escenas durante los créditos, OJO.

★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

A bit overly done, over the top and overly stylized (like all Zack Snyder movies, not counting watchmen) but great violence and a fun cast make for a worth while remake.

• samuelblack

★★ Watched by samuelblack 17 Nov, 2015

• Jens

★★★★ Watched by Jens 11 Apr, 2005

What a great remake of a classic film. New view on the same story, feels fresh and new.
    Really nice film.

• Johannes Kvam Rånes

★★★★½ Watched by Johannes Kvam Rånes 15 Nov, 2015

Overall Enjoyment 9/10

Technical Execution 8/10

Well that was above and beyond my expectations. And the only reason why is because it does the zombie thing better then the average zombie thing.

• BigBrizzy

★★★★★ Added by BigBrizzy

Great ride from start to finish! No one is safe in the zombie apocalypse.. will watch again and again

• Derenzo

★★½ Added by Derenzo

Not a as terrible as it probably could have been (see: the day of the dead "remake") but it's certainly not as good as it should have been.

What irritates me most is the fact that it is a "Dawn of the Dead" remake instead of the generic, turn-of-the-century zombie flick it ends up being.

Why is this Dawn of the Dead? Cause they're in a mall? It's incidental and not at all relevant to the proceedings. It could have…

• M M

★½ Watched by M M 05 Nov, 2015

The film's not badly executed, but the whole thing went like a breeze, I never cared from start to finish, I merely nod when it did. The credit sequence somehow managed to make it even more superfluous, ugh