• FilmApe

★½ Rewatched by FilmApe 30 Oct, 2014 3

With a script credit for Tim Gunn and Zack Snyder in the director chair, Dawn of the Dead the remake is an example of the early days for a couple guys who would go on to make a whole ton of money. Unfortunately, all the money in the world couldn't make me like this film, and I think my giving this two stars is generous.

A few years ago I started hanging out again with someone who I was friends…

• Bouillotte

★★½ Watched by Bouillotte 30 Oct, 2014

Ok this movie is kinda stupid. I should have watched the original. Still, some parts are good ; i think this movie is saved by the running zombies (that's the only freaky-ish thing). The zombie baby was dumb.

The best character was the doggy!

• E Harrison

★★★½ Watched by E Harrison 30 Oct, 2014

yeah ok a lot of the criticisms are true here (less character development, zombies being fast changes the whole feel) but honestly i think it works a lot better than the old one does. quick cuts and a lot of action are a lot more what zombie movies are about now? what with 28 days later, the resident evil movies. this makes a lot more sense now than romero's does. not that romero's isnt inherently better art, in some sense, but that its just dated. and this is more entertaining.

• Bjorn Bouterse

★★★½ Watched by Bjorn Bouterse 28 Oct, 2014 4

Road to Halloween - Review #7 - Dawn of the Dead (2004)

64/100

So I've nearly finished every film in this Road to Halloween series, I have three more films to watch and review. I've seen the both the good, the bad and the mediocre. Dawn of the Dead is somewhere between the good and the mediocre, but I think it leans more towards the good. I throughly enjoyed Zack Snyder's faithful remake of the original 1978 classic from George…

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Watched by Luke Grima 20 Oct, 2014

#31NightsOfHorror - DAY 20

Really like this. Felt like Planet Terror which I also love.

• Brendan Edwards

★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Edwards 17 Oct, 2014

Great remake of the classic;-)

• mo_shack

★★★½ Rewatched by mo_shack 15 Oct, 2014

Snyder's version lacks all of the satire that made the original so great, but he manages to do everything else exceedingly well. This is probably the best example of a remake I've ever seen.

• Zack_Sheng

★★★ Watched by Zack_Sheng 12 Oct, 2014

@Home

• Nick Silvia

★★★½ Watched by Nick Silvia 11 Oct, 2014

While by no means intelligent cinema, Dawn of the Dead is an entertaining thrill ride. Great action, plenty of gore, and some stylish flairs from director Zack Snyder. After seeing this it's hard to believe that Snyder went so wrong with Man of Steel.

• JC13

★★★★ Rewatched by JC13 10 Oct, 2014

Film #27 of JC13's I Do Believe I Just Shit Myself September/October Horror Marathon

Ana: "The bleeding's not gonna stop on its own. I need to stich his arm."

CJ: "What are you, a fucking doctor?"

Ana: "No, I'm a fucking nurse."

Is Dawn of the Dead one of the greatest remakes of all time? Hell yes! Call me crazy, but I actually like it a bit more than the original (which is damn good). Admittedly I watched this one…

• Alan Jones

★★ Rewatched by Alan Jones 10 Oct, 2014

Easy to watch but hardly challenging. Shoot a zombie. Shoot another zombie. Yawn.

• jaxberg