• Antonio Torti

★★★½ Watched by Antonio Torti 21 May, 2015

Joako me infecto...

• Peter Gatt

★★ Rewatched by Peter Gatt 11 May, 2015 5

I'm really in two minds reviewing this film because the original being so iconic
    It is one of the better remakes I've seen but it still has issues for me, the ending for one
    Looking at it these days it may tire you out because it seems everything involves Zombies if it was a choice between this and the Romero film if you've seen neither I'd go with the original

• SmokingPizza

½ Added by SmokingPizza

I like Zack Snyder but whoever let him have a zombie movie, let alone a re-make of Dawn of the Dead, needs to be set on fire. This was so terrible and nothing (aside from the mall) like the original. The original at least had substance, this was lacking in so many places. It needed to be more gritty like the original, it was way to crisp and clean as a film.

• Markoz

★★★½ Added by Markoz

The only good movie of Zack Snyder.

• Nathan

Watched by Nathan 05 May, 2015

An extremely fun time, riddled throughout with contradictions, plot-holes, and unnecessary romances. But overall a nice modern retelling and rejuvenation of the zombie genre.

3/4

• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 19 Apr, 2015

"Dawn of the Dead" is a really fun zombie movie that doesn't hold back.
    GRADE: B+

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

The ad for this freaked me out. Probably because a cemetery was in our backyard at the time.

I have failed on multiple occasions to see the original (and it's not as though I didn't make a solid effort it just didn't happen).

Anyway, fast zombies, woo! I guess it was this movie that hooked me. I hadn't thought about zombies much since I was ten or so.

I can more or less gauge my level of mental wellness on…

• Eli H

★★★ Watched by Eli H 27 Mar, 2015

Laughably scary. But great intro!

• MechaGodzilla

★★½ Watched by MechaGodzilla 29 Mar, 2015

Watch the original instead.

• Jason Alley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jason Alley 02 Apr, 2015 4

Sometime in late 2003, I snagged an invite for a special test screening of an unnamed film. Somehow, based only on the small, generically worded paragraph on that piece of paper, I had a very good feeling that I was about to see an early cut of the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake. As the line of people were being admitted to the theatre, the dude collecting the tickets asked each person "What do YOU think the movie is?" There…

• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

A "remake" of Romero's Dawn of the Dead, this film is a very different one. It's an action survival film, instead of a satirical social comedy. And it's good at what it does. The opening sequence is amazing.

• Dan Scully

★★★★ Added by Dan Scully

This is how you adapt a movie. Reverent to the original but entertaining in its own right.