• Zachary Zach

★★★½ Rewatched by Zachary Zach 15 Jul, 2014

zack snyder really had some nads to remake this and truthfully i think the remake is really great. snyder adds a more darker tone than the original and matthew leonettis lighting and atmosphere that he creates adds to the dark scary tone. in all zach snyder creates a true horror staple in time

• Zencik

★★★★ Added by Zencik

Just about everything you want from a good zombie flick!

• Gene

★★½ Added by Gene

Well, this is probably Snyder's best movie and if it didn't have that title, I'd probably think of it as an OK horror flick. But since it's allegedly a remake of Romero's movie, I have to judge it against that low-budget masterpiece and it just doesn't come close. Snyder seems to have thought that the earlier Dawn was a movie just about zombies and manages to strip all of the social and racial subtext out of it and gives us pretty thuddingly literal zombie movie.

• andrewshieh0712

★★★★ Rewatched by andrewshieh0712 01 Jul, 2014

A great classic remake, make-ups, goriness, and plots all gets to its right place.

• Kristine Peashock
  • JaumeMuntane

★★★½ Rewatched by JaumeMuntane 28 Jun, 2014

Bon remake, amb una primera hora excepcional i impactant, visualment i a nivell de ritme.

Nice remake, with an exceptional and powerful first 30 minutes, due to its stunning pace and visuals.

• James James

★★★½ Added by James James

Fast paced kinetic remake and I really enjoyed it.

• stargrovestamos

★★ Added by stargrovestamos

I got excited and nervous during the first few minutes of this movie. Excited because it was suspenseful and engaging, nervous because my loyalty to my favorite film of all time could be strained! This movie could be, if not just as good... Better!? But then, all of my apprehension and excitement was laid to rest once the film made it to the mall. And then it all fell apart. When its second act begins, the movie loses focus with…

• Rick Bman

★½ Watched by Rick Bman 24 Feb, 2008

I first watched Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake a little while back and I didn't much care for it. It really just didn't do much for me. One of my friends told me that I was being too hard on it because it was a remake and that I should give it another shot. I was thinking about doing that and then I saw 300 (2006) and pretty much decided I had no interest in revisiting any of…

• helsy33

★★★½ Added by helsy33

Re-watching every film I own, film #12:-

Getting back on track. I own the original so that will also come up somewhere in this pretty lengthy list. For the record, the original is one of the films that got me into horror/zombie films, my parents have good taste.

With that stated, I really enjoyed this remake of sorts. I say that because it doesn't just try and copy it, it also adds its own spin and doesn't try to be…

• acidpolice

½ Added by acidpolice 3

I HATE this movie. I know it's such an adolescent thing to get all territorial about some consumer entertainment you're sentimental about, but I can't help it, Zack Snyder's movies all look like some crappy car commercial or music video, and of all the horror films to remake, he had to choose the one that probably falls the furthest out of his aesthetic range--a mangy, humid, saturated thing that couldn't be any further from this glossy slasher (yeah, it's a…

• Ashe Collins

★★★★ Rewatched by Ashe Collins 01 Jun, 2014

One of the many remakes I think is at least as good if not better than the original. This has so much going for it with some great characters, great set-up, fun effects, and the fact it's a horror film where you feel for what they're going through add up to a great experience.