• Aidan Levi

★★★ Watched by Aidan Levi 17 Sep, 2014

Don't listen to the hype. This movie covers the same ground as every other zombie movie, and makes the same stupid fucking decisions as every other zombie movie.
    Points for making the "zombies run" trope, Ty Burrell plays a good asshole, and maybe two other characters that are even remotely likable. As Zack Snyders debut the directing makes sense, sometimes in a good way, many times not.

• rewatchvalue

★½ Watched by rewatchvalue 12 Sep, 2014

The first 40 minutes of the movie, for some reason Zack Snyder decided to use this bright orange filter. It was distracting and it didn't help that the beginning sequences were a joke. There were some intentional comedic moments in this movie but the first act felt like I was watching a parody.

The acting was stale and there are some horrible line delivery from actress Sarah Polley. The movie doesn't give a lot of time for character development so…

• Jake

★★★ Added by Jake

Snyder's only decent film, and it's not all that great.

• MrJago

★★★★ Watched by MrJago 09 Sep, 2014

First lead is a woman, second lead is a lack cop with a shotgun, this movie is like a Republican's Nightmare ;-)

Starts very exciting, then slows down a bit in the middle before getting really awesome again :-)

Celebrity look-alike Zombie sniping is the best :D

• IlikeCheese

★★★½ Added by IlikeCheese

His name is Andy... he is alone.

• Alistair

★★★ Watched by Alistair 08 Sep, 2014

Solid zombie movie with some cool sequences, the characters are likeable and the action and zombie effects are well made but it just feels a bit bland and feels just like a standard zombie film with the same type of thrills we have seen before.

• maxery

★★★★ Added by maxery

A really decent zombie movie, I expected it to be a regualr bad one.

• jbragg89

★★★★ Watched by jbragg89 31 Aug, 2014

Not being a huge fan of Zach Snyder or zombie movies / TV shows I was surprised how much I enjoyed this film. The sharp HD video look really worked for me. There is enough empathy for the varied cast of characters that maintaining interest in their well-being is never a problem. Just a fun movie overall.

• Pero

★★★★ Rewatched by Pero 31 Aug, 2014

Better than the original in my opinion

• Aljosa

★★★ Watched by Aljosa 31 Aug, 2014

Decent way to spend two hours or so.

• Liam Hathaway

Added by Liam Hathaway

It near enough completely eschews the anti-capitalist and anti-materialism satire which was core to the original and only adds extra empty characters to guarantee more bloodshed.

• Gray Whitten

★★★½ Rewatched by Gray Whitten 17 Aug, 2014

Let the James Gunn Summer Retrospective continue.

Such a sharp movie. I like it quite a bit. Sarah Polley is a BOSS.