• James

★★★★ Watched by James 27 Feb, 2015

Zombies are probably the most boring horror commodity on the market today, so it's really astonishing to see how good a zombie film can be when it has a budget, style, and effort. The characters really make this for me and I loved how they retained the montages of the characters goofing off around the mall. I still probably prefer the original, but it's pretty damn close. This one certainly had more emotional sucker punch moments though.

God, why aren't all zombie movies this good...

• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

Fun horror thriller with plenty of action and some style.

• Deeimentia

Watched by Deeimentia 18 Feb, 2015 4

I was very boring watching it :/

• Chase Eiland

★★★½ Watched by Chase Eiland 10 Oct, 2014

Fast and fierce film (just like the undead it features). Some fun shocking moments.

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

This remake improves on every level. Now there is a debate about fast versus slow zombies. The George Romero purists will always criticise anything other than shuffling corpses. But the faster more threatening zombies in this movie are terrifying. A great start and genuinely scary set pieces throughout add up to a really excellent zombie flick.

• Alfonso C. Lopez

★★★½ Rewatched by Alfonso C. Lopez 16 Feb, 2015

En un apocalipsis zombie, un grupo de supervivientes se encuentran en un cxentro comercial, donde trataran de sobrevivir... Estupenda actualizacion de la pelicula de Romero: entretenida, tensa y con una doble lectura, ya que funciona tambien como metafora de nuestra sociedad y su decadencia. Fieston.

• Ben Lott

Watched by Ben Lott 15 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I'm not a horror movie expert, in fact I kind of despise them, but I would like to suggest that there is one key element you need in a horror film to make it work well. You have to get the audience to connect with and care about the characters, and I think this is even more vital in an end-of-the-world type of movie like Dawn of the Dead because the characters become representative of all humanity. So my big…

• Michael Little

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Little 15 Feb, 2015 2

"Has anyone seen chips?"

My brother and I watched this religiously when it first came out on DVD so we decided to rewatch it for the first time in years. I'm very happy to say it's better than I remember it. Dawn of the Dead is fast paced, realistic and features some messed up shit. This film is the reason I've never been able to fully look at Ty Burrell as an innocent and comedic dad in Modern Family. Definitely one of my favourite horror films and in my opinion, the best zombie film around.

• Chigga

★★★ Rewatched by Chigga 14 Feb, 2015

Fun zombie movie that can be a bit silly

• StarklyReviews

★★★★ Rewatched by StarklyReviews 14 Feb, 2015

Walking Zombie's? You've got a chance. RUNNING, STRONG, AGILE ZOMBIES?? To quote that one guy from The 40 Year Old Virgin: BITCH GET OUT DA ROOM!! BITCH GET OUT DA ROOM!!!

Being one of the biggest defenders/fans of Zack Snyder you'll find, I commend his directorial debut as one of the best Zombie Films I've seen.

His visual style flourishes once again, as with every film he makes.

This is just an all-round solid piece of action horror, with some…

• Josh Lambe

★★★½ Rewatched by Josh Lambe 06 Feb, 2015

'Bloody' enjoyable.

• James Healey

★★★★ Rewatched by James Healey 12 Feb, 2015

Great throughout. Some bad decisions (the girl crossing the street), ridiculous scenes (the baby) and Ty Burrell's annoying character let it down a little though.