• Nametha

★★★½ Watched by Nametha 06 Apr, 2016

Despite it being a rather odd film without much of a clear notion. I truly enjoyed it. Mostly because of Kat dennings and that bathroom scene where a girl was slut shaming her and she shut that bitch up.

• Fábio

★★★★ Added by Fábio

Kat <3

• Scott Calibrax

★★★½ Watched by Scott Calibrax 14 Aug, 2015

Sometimes you watch a movie and you know it isn’t “good,” but you are deeply affected by it nonetheless. It helps that I love Kat Dennings. She carries this whole movie, which would have been a wreck without her. I wish I had seen this when I was 14, it would have kicked my ass.

• Susan M

★★★½ Watched by Susan M 21 Feb, 2016

I found this recommendation enjoyable because it took a familiar scenario (high school student has affair with teacher) and put a fresh spin and perspective on it. The directing, soundtrack and pacing stood out. I appreciated that the teenage characters looked like actual teenagers instead of having impeccable fashion senses and designer clothing the entire time. There's a darkness looming forever in the background of this movie and it sometimes moves into the forefront. I loved that gloomy aspect (involving a serial killer) and how it tied into the climax.

• MaggieM

★★ Watched by MaggieM 22 Jan, 2016

Weird, but alright.

• GeekGirl

★★★½ Watched by GeekGirl 24 Dec, 2015

Mixed feelings. I don't agree with the choices many of the characters made, and I thought that the reveal of the killer was rather anti-climactic. However, there were a few gems of dialogue, and some pretty visual bits. The text style was pretty, but a few of the shots were a bit over produced, though most of the film was very conscious of cinematography, which was nice to see.

• Amy G

½ Added by Amy G

The movie is beneath Kat Dennings. Didn't even make sense. Don't waste your time.

• doomdesire

★★½ Watched by doomdesire 21 Nov, 2015

Something about this movie felt kinda pretentious... can't really put my finger on it.

• Vanina

★★½ Watched by Vanina 03 Aug, 2015

Does Kat Dennings ever play characters that aren't snarky as fuck? I just found it impossible to like her here, or perhaps rather her character Caroline. Her monotonous voiceover takes the piss out of everything and everyone, convinced she's too good for the small town she finds herself stuck in for her last year of high school.

She thinks she's too intelligent for everyone around her and that she sees through everyone she comes across, but then becomes irate when…

• Cait Cibulsky

Watched by Cait Cibulsky 06 Aug, 2012

So surreally terrible that I remember nothing about it like I must have blacked out as a self-defense mechanism or my memories are repressed or something

• Serrano

★★★½ Watched by Serrano 07 Jun, 2015

carolyn's dad was sexually molesting her...no?

• Yorgos Kastellis