• Tadas

★★★ Watched by Tadas 03 Dec, 2014

An interesting, yet kinda weird take on a coming-of-age love story.

• Bobby Edwards

★★★★ Added by Bobby Edwards

Oh Canada you make such great movies. I like how some people from Degrassi are in this movie. Great film, check it out

• moonlitfloor

★★★★½ Added by moonlitfloor

Underappreciated.

• Joe DiCanio

★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 18 May, 2011

Rating: C-

• Jack McPherson

½ Watched by Jack McPherson 14 Aug, 2014

Recommended this by my sister, who previously put me on to the surprisingly good Emma Roberts vehicle Adult World, so I was pretty surprised that she put me on to something quite this half baked.

This is exactly the kind of hopelessly cliched Sundance rubbish that you hear about but never seem to end up seeing. My girlfriend and I sat flabbergasted as the film seemed to wallow in exponentially increasing levels of pretentious visuals and smug, self satisfied dialogue.…

• Bob Hovey

★★ Watched by Bob Hovey 30 Jul, 2014

Teen drama with a few cute Juno bits combined with some creepy Donnie Darko bits. Unfortunately, the bits don't really mix all that well, and we get a contrived ending on top of it. Kat Dennings gives a capable performance, but the script lets her down. You see, Caroline Wexler is not really a rebellious teenager with heart, she's really a screenwriter, one who is laboring long and hard over each and every line but can't quite eliminate the smug, self-conscious air of pretentiousness.

• Jeff Gallashaw

★★ Added by Jeff Gallashaw

Big city girl Caroline is new to a small town, she disregards her high school classmates, and then just for kicks starts a sexual relationship with her teacher, Mr. A. Meanwhile, there's a serial killer roaming the town, an industrial fire burning on the outskirts, and Thurston is mourning the loss of his best friend. As Thurston falls in love with Caroline, realities quickly catch up to all characters, and they are all going to have mature or face the…

• Molm

★★★½ Added by Molm

Great atmosphere, a realistic lovestory and Kat Dennings. 'nuff said
    dienachtderlebendentexte.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/daydream-nation/ (German)

• Ryan Preston

★★ Watched by Ryan Preston 19 Apr, 2014

"Things don't need to last forever to be perfect."

Kat Dennings and Josh Lucas are fantastic in this which is a real shame because the film as a whole is definitely not fantastic, far from it. It has a very promising start, but after a while it loses itself in its own inflated ego, thinking it's more poignant and moving than it really is.

The plot never really goes anywhere and the entire runtime feels like a build-up to something…

• Amaya

★★★ Watched by Amaya 17 Mar, 2014

Very eye candy if you like Kat Dennings. Some scenes seemed very random and out of order.

• Nick A

★★★★½ Added by Nick A

A great watch with some passionate performances from indie and mainstream actors/actresses. Kat Dennings is beautiful but also a fantastic actress who can portray a vast array of emotions. She is the next Ellen Page in my eyes.
    I liken this to Juno on acid washed down with a bottle of absinthe. Heart-warming and romantic with tragic characters making their way through mixed up lives.
    I cannot recommend highly enough if you enjoy films with layers and depth of story.

• AntonioGalian

★★★ Watched by AntonioGalian 08 Mar, 2014

Kat Dennings está especialmente bien y se come la pantalla. La película peca de ser demasiado obvia en su intento de ser indie, pero tiene sus buenas escenas.