• MaggieM

★★ Watched by MaggieM 22 Jan, 2016

Weird, but alright.

• GeekGirl

★★★½ Watched by GeekGirl 24 Dec, 2015

Mixed feelings. I don't agree with the choices many of the characters made, and I thought that the reveal of the killer was rather anti-climactic. However, there were a few gems of dialogue, and some pretty visual bits. The text style was pretty, but a few of the shots were a bit over produced, though most of the film was very conscious of cinematography, which was nice to see.

• Amy G

½ Added by Amy G

The movie is beneath Kat Dennings. Didn't even make sense. Don't waste your time.

• doomdesire

★★½ Watched by doomdesire 21 Nov, 2015

Something about this movie felt kinda pretentious... can't really put my finger on it.

• Vanina

★★½ Watched by Vanina 03 Aug, 2015

Does Kat Dennings ever play characters that aren't snarky as fuck? I just found it impossible to like her here, or perhaps rather her character Caroline, as her monotonous voiceover takes the piss out of everything and everyone, convinced she's too good for the small town she finds herself stuck in for her last year of high school.

She thinks she's too intelligent for everyone around her and that she sees through everyone she comes across, but then becomes irate…

• Cait Cibulsky

Watched by Cait Cibulsky 06 Aug, 2012

So surreally terrible that I remember nothing about it like I must have blacked out as a self-defense mechanism or my memories are repressed or something

• Serrano

★★★½ Watched by Serrano 07 Jun, 2015

carolyn's dad was sexually molesting her...no?

• Yorgos Kastellis
  • Yorgos Kastellis
  • Marissa

★★ Rewatched by Marissa 03 Apr, 2015

I appreciate the Sonic Youth references. And that's about it.

• wildestpenfield

★★★ Added by wildestpenfield

Kat Dennings' precocious high-schooler is effective at being simultaneously titillating and irritating (as befits the character), but the insistence on throwing in absolutely every possible plot device ultimately sinks it; there's no reason for a teacher/student romance film to require an afterthought serial killer subplot.

• Beto Meza

★★★ Watched by Beto Meza 24 Mar, 2015

Tenía mucho tiempo queriendo ver este filme y finalmente esta semana pude encontrarlo en el catálogo de Netflix Latino. No me decepcionó en absoluto, es un filme entretenido con algunas escenas memorables.

Lo cierto es que si guarda algunas semejanzas con otros filmes "quirky" como Juno o Easy A, pero su humor negro y mórbido lo diferencian, así como su acercamiento a la sexualidad y drogas sin demasiada moralina.

Kat Dennings tiene personalidad para sostener el filme, que se complementa con un buen reparto que incluyen a Josh Lucas y Andie McDowell (en su papel recurrente).