• Amaya

★★★ Watched by Amaya 17 Mar, 2014

Very eye candy if you like Kat Dennings. Some scenes seemed very random and out of order.

• Nick A

★★★★½ Added by Nick A

A great watch with some passionate performances from indie and mainstream actors/actresses. Kat Dennings is beautiful but also a fantastic actress who can portray a vast array of emotions. She is the next Ellen Page in my eyes.
    I liken this to Juno on acid washed down with a bottle of absinthe. Heart-warming and romantic with tragic characters making their way through mixed up lives.
    I cannot recommend highly enough if you enjoy films with layers and depth of story.

• AntonioGalian

★★★ Watched by AntonioGalian 08 Mar, 2014

Kat Dennings está especialmente bien y se come la pantalla. La película peca de ser demasiado obvia en su intento de ser indie, pero tiene sus buenas escenas.

• mazzyhope815

Watched by mazzyhope815 18 May, 2011

Oh God. This felt like a movie written by a 14 year-old girl who saw Donnie Darko over winter break and is totally not into Glee anymore and has read the first 50 pages of Lolita and Nabakov is their favourite author and thinks that darkness is like totally beautiful.

This movie is nothing like Donnie Darko, or Juno, or David Lynch (the hell?) as the Variety review on the poster would have you think.

• Lauren

★★½ Watched by Lauren 25 Feb, 2014

I enjoy Kat Dennings and I wanted to like this, but it was only mildly interesting and none of the characters are very likeable.

• ross22

★★★★★ Watched by ross22 29 Jan, 2014

When Caroline (Kat Dennings) moves from the big city to a small town to finish high school, her whole life changes before her eyes. While noticing the downfall of her friends and family she desperately seeks some compassion in the way of love which ultimately ruins her life and as events unfold she quickly discovers that some people in this town will go to great lengths to get they want even as far as murder

One of the best modern teen films in year fresh, sassy and dark Donnie Darko for the new generation!

• Helga

★★½ Watched by Helga 12 Jan, 2014

A végén az odavetítés valami borzalom.

• Carlos Rubi

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rubi 05 Jan, 2014

Con bella fotografía y una narrativa interesante, a pesar de sus muy pesados brincos en las secuencias, logra ser una captura muy fiel de lo que se siente ser joven y libre, pero atado al mismo tiempo. Tiene hasta cinco tramas distintas, todas unidas por el mismo sentido de desesperación y detalles que hacen única la experiencia de ver este pequeño mundo encapsulado en hora y media.

• Liam Underwood

★★ Watched by Liam Underwood 03 Jan, 2014

Daydream Nation is not a good film. Admittedly I primarily watched this for Kat Dennings, but I was kinda hoping it would be a little better. There's definitely a Donnie Darko (2001) vibe which is a little too imitative to really work. The excessive use of slow-motion is also quite distracting. I think there are some good ideas here maybe, but too many are fighting for attention so none are properly developed. On the bright side, Kat Dennings wasn't bad.

• Bludgeoner86

★★★½ Watched by Bludgeoner86 25 Dec, 2013

Daydream Nation is an odd and dark movie similar to Donnie Darko in some ways. Kat Dennings plays Caroline. She's new in town. One with a never ending fire and a town that has a serial killer on the loose forcing a mandatory curfew and buddy system. Everyone, including Caroline, has some type of baggage. A bizarre love story is the centerpiece of the film but the movie isn't about a love story. In fact it has many different intermingling tales that come together. These other stories are what make the film interesting definitely keeping this movie above the norm.

• tipsfromchip

★★ Watched by tipsfromchip 23 Dec, 2013

This is one of those movies where the writer/director presents the main character in such a way that you can tell he thinks she is the coolest person on Earth, but in reality the character is just an asshole with a superiority complex.

Combine this with the fact that there are a number of cutesy, useless moments in the film (i.e. random fire outside of town, random serial killer - seriously- and not one, not two, but three separate scenes…

• Jonny G

★★½ Watched by Jonny G 23 Dec, 2013

Film 63 out of 100
    D is for Daydream Nation

Now it might be my lack of sleep or trying to get ready for the holidays plus failing to watch movies, but I think this film captures what it is like for teenagers now. This is a modern coming of age film and it doesn't hit that sweet spot for me. And the end just falls flat for me. Sorry for such a short review but my pillow is calling me.

Rating: Rent It