• Jack Dignan

★★★★½ Added by Jack Dignan

Although the storyline is a bit podgy at times, you can't deny how unbelievably perfect that ending is.

• Lukas Migas

★★★½ Watched by Lukas Migas 31 Aug, 2014

A classic.

• Kevin Weist

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Weist 30 Aug, 2014

A fitting tribute to Robin Williams. He was best we'd ever seen, and he left us too soon. Just like Mr. Keating. (OCMC).

• Christopher Bowes

★★★½ Rewatched by Christopher Bowes 29 Aug, 2014

I re-watched Dead Poets Society for an upcoming Grading the Teachers column, and my bland critique is that it's "really easy to watch." As an adult, I was still minimally inspired by it, and I definitely didn't catch all the gay subtext being wielded around with the Neil character when I saw it before. Even if the Josh Charles subplot feels a lot smaller than anything else going on, this works, especially as an anti-nostalgia piece.

• Jeffrey Overstreet

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeffrey Overstreet 30 Aug, 2014

I was wrong. This movie works.

I had very mixed feelings about it when it opened. And while I now find the script to be a bold and beautiful thing, I do think it's a step down for Peter Weir as a visual artist. (It has none of the riveting imagery of Picnic at Hanging Rock. And it overreaches a bit in its finale. ("MUST. MAKE. EVERYBODY. CRY.") But my original objections to the film were about a sense that…

• AntCo

★★★★½ Watched by AntCo 29 Aug, 2014

Un classique qui fait réfléchir

• chriscowx

★★★½ Watched by chriscowx 27 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Matthew Vallée

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Vallée 22 Aug, 2014

This movie was not all that complex but it captured friendship perfectly and drew you in with genuine and relatable characters as well as some very powerful emotional situations. Robin Williams being his usually likeable self does an excellent job playing a charming and charismatic teacher that anyone would be lucky to have. Ethan Hawke in one of his first on screen roles shows early signs of greatness and does an excellent job here delivering a nuanced and emotional performance.…

• ygritte

★★★★½ Watched by ygritte 27 Aug, 2014

Beautiful cinematography and a great performance by Robin Williams. R.I.P my captain.

• Gunnar Syrén

★★★★ Watched by Gunnar Syrén 27 Aug, 2014

I have a confession. This is my first time watching Dead Poets Society. I can't believe it's 25 years old. I have been meaning to watch it many times, but it wasn't until Robin Williams passed away that I got around to it. Well, I'm really glad that I finally watched it.

• Gyurex

★★★½ Watched by Gyurex 27 Aug, 2014

Megragadó felnövéstörténet, erős karakterekkel, jó kor ábrázolással, az első szerelemről és a különböző nézőpontok bemutatásáról. Ó kapitány, kapitányom!

•  Sir William of Letterboxd

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sir William of Letterboxd 13 Aug, 2014 17

(Attention this review, have a personal objective and his content is only made by someone who is been expressing your feeling and love for it)(this review is late, I’m sorry)

#RIP Robin Williams | BEAUTIFULISM

My heart sank, and I was very sad ever since, Robin Williams’s death suddenly chocked me, Dead Poets Society came exactly in the good times of my life. I was in the school I was studying in a new school, it was all different, new…