• periodtrash

Added by periodtrash

This movie is only good if you're looking for cheesy yearbook quotes.

• Josh Surratt

★★★½ Rewatched by Josh Surratt 27 Mar, 2015

This is the first time I've rewatched this since Robin Williams' death, and it was a really emotional time just for that alone. The theme of suicide echoed throughout and really hit home to me in a way that I cried way more than I had either time I'd saw this prior.

The ending especially hit home as they were all saying goodbye, and it just really fucked with me emotionally, y'know? The whole experience was bittersweet - but mostly…

• Shaswata Ray

★★★★ Rewatched by Shaswata Ray 22 Mar, 2015

With a performance of a lifetime from Williams, this one's a stellar watch especially for lovers of literature. A brilliant, heartfelt storyline... well-executed scenes... and spirited acting from Ethan Hawke and Robert Sean Leonard inject this film with "LIFE" in it's fullest meaning.
    Humorous, witty handling of the subject matter is one of the key strengths of the film.
    Literary references scattered throughout, the film takes you through a frank, compelling and enjoyable journey through a strict boys-only boarding school…

• cantius

★★★★★ Added by cantius

Exceptional movie that proves a movie can give a stellar performance without jaw dropping budgets and kung-fu choreography. Stellar performance from a stellar cast. A must see.

• ShotbyShe

★★★★ Watched by ShotbyShe 06 Mar, 2015

made me cry - “thank you boys, thank you.”

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Strong performance from Robin Williams.

• Sam

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam 20 Mar, 2015

One of my all time favorites, and one of the most emotional endings to a film I've ever seen.

• Ethan Cook

★★★★½ Watched by Ethan Cook 06 Sep, 2014

OLD REVIEW: Realistic, dramatic, heartwarming, and saddening. This joyride of emotion inspires with fantastic characters with realism and a truthful story filled with heart and fun.

• John Roberts

★★★★★ Watched by John Roberts 19 Jul, 2014

One of my favorite Robin Williams films. Terribly sad, but so so good.

• Tarryn-tino

★★★★½ Watched by Tarryn-tino 14 Mar, 2015

"But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

Decided to knock another of my rewatch list, off Mika's watchlist and tackle another of RW's heart-breaking films since I had just watched Fisher King, I thought, why spread the sadness out >_<</p>

I don't think I need to say too much about DPS, its an old face, but its one of those films that really just breaks you down. I tried…

• SloMoebius

★★★★½ Watched by SloMoebius 13 Mar, 2015

Can anyone think of a better 1980s 'coming of age' movie? You have to appreciate a film that encourages critical, free-thinking skills. Where the system is portrayed for what it is and those who recognize the important of free thinking have their personal character built. When you're becoming an adult, very little else matters. Every teenager at some point should see this. Not to mention this was very well acted with a who's who of future stars. Just a great film.

As far as '80s coming of age themes go, "Stand By Me" might be the only major contender in my book.

• Kelly Magovern

★★★★ Rewatched by Kelly Magovern 11 Mar, 2015

After Robin Williams died, I made a mental note that I wanted to see this movie again. I first saw it years ago and watching it again I realized I had forgotten so much of it. Also, now that I'm much older, I found that I had a much stronger emotional resonance with the film's themes, particularly those of individuality and thinking for yourself. I always love movies about nonconformity and it's good to be reminded of it from time to time. R.I.P. Robin Williams