• RobertF

★★★★ Rewatched by RobertF 02 Aug, 2015

This is one of Robin Williams' best performances as the inspirational English teacher in a New England prep school in 1959. However the film really belongs to the kids (including a young Ethan Hawke) who he motivates to '"seize the day".

The film itself is surprisingly dark given it's sentimental reputation. It's very well made and benefits from an intelligent, literate script that manages the difficult balance between humour and drama.

• Artpig (Brett)

★★★★½ Watched by Artpig (Brett) 01 Aug, 2015 2

No, I wasn't tearing up! My eyes were just..... sweaty. All joking aside, Dead Poets Society is a great film. The directing is wonderful, the since of inspiration and wonder is alive, and the writing is spectacular. The rich themes of seizing the day is so perfectly realized and so much better than this stupid YOLO stuff. Carpe Diem, not YOLO. They even clear that up in the film, which is great. This film is utterly shocking, devastating and rich…

• Shane Tarnowski

★★★½ Added by Shane Tarnowski

Before viewing I expected this to be just another movie about rich kids absurd problems which I would have trashes on but no. I was really invested in the characters and the story and Robin Williams was great as always.

• SereKappa

★★★ Added by SereKappa

Viewed with the school. Not that "big" as they described it to me.
    Robin always great,it goes without saying.

• Paola Ribeiro

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paola Ribeiro 25 Jul, 2015

And when you think it's not possible to cry more than you're used to cry watching this movie :'(

• kennedy elizabeth rose

★★★★★ Watched by kennedy elizabeth rose 22 Jul, 2015

oh god stop me crying

• aferrera

★★★★½ Watched by aferrera 21 Jul, 2015

Exactly what I needed to see right now.

• Lucas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 02 Jun, 2015

This is a film that needs to be celebrated as showing the incredible acting skills of Robin Williams, here we don't have the overly goofy and comedian performance that most are used to. Instead we have a heart warming and to some even life changing film, really when looking back at his career this shall always be on the top of the list. It's a must for everyone!

• Luke Martin

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Martin 18 Jul, 2015

Enthusiastic yawping in beautiful light.

• Jeff

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jeff 16 Jul, 2015

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled…

• Jake Williams

★★★½ Watched by Jake Williams 13 Jul, 2015

I didn't like this film nearly as much as I had hoped. It's not that this is in any particular way a bad film, but simply that in no particular way is this film truly great, aside some impressive performances from the younger stars. Williams is not a big enough role to give too much credit to, the direction is simply okay, the dialogue is a bit too pretentious, and the story moves all too slowly to be as enjoyable…

• Arya Harsono

★★★★½ Rewatched by Arya Harsono 12 Jul, 2015

Robin Williams tribute double feature at the AERO for $9! Hadn't seen this in a while and was glad I got the chance to watch it on the big screen.

Followed by a Q&A with Dead Poet's Society writer Tom Schulman and actors Gale Hansen (Charlie Dalton), Dylan Kussman (Richard Cameron), Allelon Ruggiero (Steven Meeks), and Norman Lloyd (Mr. Nolan, the headmaster). Loved the way they talked about Robin, who was always an idol of mine (used to binge watch Mork & Mindy in middle school). Makes me sad that I'll never get a chance to work with him, let alone meet the guy.