• Travis Williams

★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Williams 18 Sep, 2014

An uneven tone and poor performances from some of the students hold this film back from being truly great. It's Robin Williams' subtle and passionate performance that makes it shine.

• Jeffrey Overstreet

★★★★½ Added by Jeffrey Overstreet

• mattsdad

★★★★½ Rewatched by mattsdad 13 Sep, 2014

It's hard to imagine how this movie could be better.

"The powerful play 'goes on' and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"

Rewatched as part of my Robin Williams retrospective.

• Chris Williams

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Williams 12 Sep, 2014

I feel like I've been told that I should hate this movie -- that it's too on-the-nose and manipulative. And while it has those moments, it still works so extremely well. Williams is fantastic, and while the story of the beloved-but-controversial teacher isn't new, there's passion and heart to it that I think is lost in lesser movies. Weir contrasts nicely between the buttoned-down prep school atmosphere and the awakening passion in these young boys' hearts, and if it's a…

• Windyblue

Suicide
    Firearms

• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★★½ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 13 Sep, 2014

This is probably one of the best Robin Williams films i have seen. A really enjoyable film that hits you from ever angle and most defiantly in the heart. I am really glad I decided to watch this movie. Robin Williams probably gives his best performance of his career as he teachers teenagers about Poetry but it goes beyond that as he also teachers them to "Seize the day boys make your lives extraordinary" and that is exactly what they do.

• Luis Romero

★★★★½ Added by Luis Romero

Una propuesta poética que te enseña mucho, a los jovenes que adolescen, adolescen, adolescen, perfecta para cualquier público pero sobretodo para la juventud.
    La guinda del pastel es la actuación de Robin Williams, simplemente no puedo colocar a otro actor para que ocupe su lugar en este filme.
    Forma gran parte de la inmortalización del actor.

• Gaurav Singh

★★★★½ Watched by Gaurav Singh 12 Sep, 2014

Robin Williams is a Chips off the old block in the quirky comi-tragedy "Dead Poets Society." He's almost as serenely eccentric as the archetypal teacher everybody remembers, that rare educator deserving of apples.
    What "Stand and Deliver's" Edward James Olmos did for logarithms, Williams aims to do for iambic pentameter in this lively blackboard melodrama. It's a literate though strained uplifter, a not altogether compatible coupleting of Rocky Balboa and the Bard. It's the Robin Goodfellow that you know and…

• Ben Slabach

★★★★½ Watched by Ben Slabach 09 Sep, 2014

Never have I felt such passion for one character punching another character than when Charlie punches Cameron. Usually, I say, "Be the bigger man" or "Take the high road", but this time, I was really hoping he got punched in the face.

• Steven Flores

Rewatched by Steven Flores 09 Sep, 2014

O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!!! One of Peter Weir's finest films that features an iconic and very touching performance from Robin Williams as the teacher who would inspire a bunch of young men to find their own voices.

• Simon Potvin

★★★★ Watched by Simon Potvin 09 Sep, 2014

Synopsis

Neil Perry (Robert Sean Leonard), Todd Anderson (Ethan Hawke), Knox Overstreet (Josh Charles), Charlie Dalton (Gale Hansen), Richard Cameron (Dylan Kussman), Steven Meeks (Allelon Ruggiero), and Gerard Pitts (James Waterston) are a group of boys at a prep school named Welton Academy. It's conservative, strict and it follows certain traditions that are seen as proven to be successful for the development of young boys. The boys find themselves in an English class taught by past graduate and new teacher…

• Algui

★★★½ Watched by Algui 09 Sep, 2014

Bon film, émouvant et drôle. A voir aussi pour le jeu de Robin Williams et son sourire malicieux !