• WingManLefty

★★★★½ Rewatched by WingManLefty 24 Nov, 2015

9 out of 10

• markcullum

★★★½ Watched by markcullum 23 Nov, 2015

The story of a group of young men, and the friendship they build with their teacher who is the only adult that seems to actually care about them. Dead Poets Society brings us into the lives of these young men living at a rigorous boarding school, with their new teacher who challenges them to seize the day (carpe diem).
    While the storyline is quant and interesting, the overall themes of Dead Poets Society seem to be similar to any other…

• Kalpit Tandon

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kalpit Tandon 21 Nov, 2015

Emotionally raw and pulsating with themes of surmounting conformism, DPS is a powerhouse of inspiration having the strength to penetrate your skin and make you fall in love with the magic of cinema all over again

• Chris Day

★★★★½ Watched by Chris Day 20 Nov, 2015

While a few plotpoints left me hanging, Dead Poets Society is a moving and powerful movie that leaves you in tears and joy by ending.

• Lucas Marmol

★★★★ Watched by Lucas Marmol 16 Nov, 2015

Good stuff. Robert Sean performance and the ending makes up for any shortcomings that the movie might have had.

• madeofslate

★★★★★ Rewatched by madeofslate 16 Nov, 2015

Love this movie

• Vichu ViVek

★★★★½ Watched by Vichu ViVek 16 Nov, 2015

Exercising the right not to put up a detailed review.

• Reid

★★★★ Added by Reid

Dead Poets Society wears its heart on its sleeve, and we shouldn't want it any other way. It is a deeply earnest and effecting film that works on nearly every level.

• Michelle

★★★★ Watched by Michelle 18 Sep, 2015

I wish I had seen this many years sooner. Despite its being earlier released by many years, I could not help but constantly draw comparisons to The History Boys which I loved in my high school days. That being said, this was enchanting, inspiring and but not sappily sentimental. The casting was utterly perfect and my only dislike was the tone of the scenes in the caves which I found to be lacking in the real spirit of open camaraderie. I'll definitely be adding this to my list of favorite Robin Williams' roles.

• RedDeadEd

★★★★½ Added by RedDeadEd

As John Keating says whilst perched upon his desk, "We must constantly look at things in a different way", quite a suitable turn of phrase from a film that could transform even the most sceptical person into a lover of literature and poetry. But that is not the only accomplishment of Peter Weir's Dead Poets Society, for it remains one of the most touching films I have ever seen.

The film follows a group of seniors at an elite preparatory…

• Mrle Hazard

★★★★ Watched by Mrle Hazard 05 Nov, 2015

Dead Poets Society

O Nigga! My Nigga!

Its a Movie about bunch of whiteass bitches trying to rap in some
    ugly weird school. The New Teacher (Robin Williams) is some kind
    of Rap God who try's to teach whiteass kids to think with their own HEAD.
    The movie was great for me and have nice message for all teachers
    and kids who's trying to be part of mindless system!

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)