• Harry Fuertes

Watched by Harry Fuertes 01 Mar, 2015

It's manipulative and self-righteous as fuck but goddamn if Peter Weir doesn't know how to weave a beautiful fucking ending.

• Alex Leonardis

Watched by Alex Leonardis 01 Mar, 2015

*Watched with Harry Fuertes*

I'm just going to classify people into two groups from now on. Sitting and standing.

79/100

• Jackier

★★★½ Watched by Jackier 24 Feb, 2015

It's like a nice version of The Wave

I enjoyed the film overall but it bothered me that there was no real criticism on Keating's personality cult.
    Only the baddies seemed to question his methods, and who cares about those guys?

• Jenni

★★ Added by Jenni

ugh.

• Sara

★★★ Watched by Sara 17 Feb, 2015

I rolled my eyes a lot tbh.

• Sebastião Sabino

★★★½ Rewatched by Sebastião Sabino 18 Feb, 2015

Dead Poets Society is heartwarming. Professor Keating's (Robin Williams) unorthodox ways of teaching poetry are an inspiration for a class of students used to the strict education of Welton Academy, an elite prep boarding school.

However, it feels like a misleading and seductive portrayal of studying literature, as if it was just an excuse to pass on the carpe diem kind of lesson and get the plot going its desired way.

Despite all that, I couldn't help but smile as I see Robin Williams on screen again. The world misses you, Captain.

"No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 23 Jul, 1989

Robin Williams made many great films in his career, and this is arguably his best film and/or it's regarded as his best performance. I personally think he bested this in GOOD WILL HUNTING, but he is still at his very best here as the teacher inspiring his students. He shares the limelight here with a collection of younger actors, Ethan Hawke among them, and where the kids in THE BREAKFAST CLUB discussed their problems over weekend detention, here, Peter Weir…

• Alexandre Giacomelli

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alexandre Giacomelli 17 Feb, 2015

Esse filme me fez mudar muitos conceitos sobre os professores, ele acima de instigar qualquer jovem a sonhar e acreditar em algo belo e unico, mostra como existem professores sensacionais. Eles sao os responsaveis muitas vezes por nos apaixonarmos por alguma coisa, seja ela uma materia escolar, arte, lugar, momento.

Um filme especial.

68/100

• Shibs

★★★★ Watched by Shibs 11 Feb, 2015

Clássico muito bom!!
    Antes tarde do que nunca,
    Carpe Diem