• rawan

Added by rawan

he's dead alright

• linusjasper

★★★★ Added by linusjasper

Robin Williams wird Englisch Lehrer an einer Bonzen-Schule und bringt Schülern bei ihr Leben zu genießen, ein Junge will Theater spielen aber Vater sagt nö #OhCaptainMyCaptain

• Conan Tan

★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 20 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This was not the movie I thought it would be but still is good. It was definitely helped by the acting of the boys and of Robin Williams. Setting the story in the past only makes the movie much more predictable like the removal of Keating and the conflict between the child and the father that lead to the former's death.

• ashleighsimpson

★★★★½ Rewatched by ashleighsimpson 29 Aug, 2015

My mother introduced me to this film, and now I watch it whenever I'm feeling particularly down and lacking in motivation or inspiration. This film is one that will stay with me forever.

• katie h.

★★★★ Rewatched by katie h. 28 Aug, 2015

a very inspirational and uplifting movie, but upon rewatching i found myself barely stomaching the irritating sexism running throughout the film. they could have left a lot of stuff out and the film would still hold up, but i guess they just had to include a plotline which equates living life to its potential to obsessively stalking a woman you don't know, completely ignoring her agency and decisions, and near sexual assault, which then the film turns into an utterly disgusting male savior ending. and that's just one of the issues i have. still a good film tho

• lewlewlewmanchu

Added by lewlewlewmanchu

• Richard Klein

★★★½ Watched by Richard Klein 22 Aug, 2015

Better then I remembered it, but still corny and sentimental. It's not Robin Williams movie as it would seem, but Robert Sean Leonard's, and he nails it.

• John Greco

★★★★½ Rewatched by John Greco 23 Aug, 2015

Abuse comes in many forms: institutional, parental, military, schools, etc. all attempt to cut your wings and force you to conform. That last word in the previous sentence is key. "Dead Poet's Society" is all about keeping one's individuality despite the forces that want to make you just like them. Robin Williams gives a spectacular performance that he was deserving given recognition for.

• Oliver_Dann

★★★★ Watched by Oliver_Dann 22 Aug, 2015

A great look at growing up, youth, and rebellion. Always good to see Robin Williams a bit less Robin Williamsy.

• slasherboy15

★★★★★ Added by slasherboy15

The perfect film in my opinion! Challenged the way I look at the world and inspired me to follow what I want to do. Is it a little melodramatic? Yes, but I don't care. Robin Williams truly is a Captain! Carpe DIEM!!!

• mystery_mouse

★★½ Added by mystery_mouse

-____________________-

• Luke Compton

★★★★½ Watched by Luke Compton 19 Aug, 2015

"O Captain! My Captain!"

I expected this film to be soppy and inspirational. Instead, you get a film that is inspiring, but it's also depressing and just a rollercoaster of emotions.

I cried twice. It managed to hit me, and I really wasn't expecting it. The length and pacing is perfect. You begin to feel for these boys and actually become invested in their lives.

It's pretty powerful and not the predictable film I was expecting. It's all about finding…