• silentrunnning

★★★★ Watched by silentrunnning 05 Feb, 2014

"Two roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

• Jay_Are

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jay_Are 01 Nov, 2014

Say what you want about this film; my five-star rating is for anyone who has ever had a teacher who touched your soul. Thank you Cynthia Hibbetts, for the rest of my life and forever.

• renfield89

★★★★ Added by renfield89

"Dead Poets Society" will be watched differently by the next generation than it is by my contemporaries and predecessors. Is that fair?

• echotastic

★★★★½ Watched by echotastic 27 Oct, 2014

I've been putting off this film for so long, that I've ran out of reasons not to watch it. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that I hated it without knowing, it was just because it is referred to as 'depressing'. Now, I do enjoy a depressing film on some occasions. So it happened, that tonight was it. Having an undying love for the late and great Mr. Robin Williams, it was to my own fascination to watch him in…

• Rich Dolt

★★★★ Rewatched by Rich Dolt 26 Oct, 2014 1

One of Robin Williams best films. He portrays a teacher who wants to instill a passion, a love of life in his students. He shows them they are not alone and that through it all their can be joy. These students who have to continually deal with overbearing parents, strict faculty and enormously high goals that are set upon them. This film impacted me very deeply and affected my parenting choices( was expecting 1st daughter at the time). I had decided upon seeing this that i would be nothing like Neil's father. I would be a supportive, loving, listening Dad.

• sleepingjamie

★★★½ Watched by sleepingjamie 26 Oct, 2014

A warning in knowing too much about a classic before watching it. A shame as I liked it but there was no surprise in the narrative. Some of it a little basic but enjoyable.

• Tom Bannatyne

★★★★ Watched by Tom Bannatyne 18 Sep, 2014

'Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.'

When you look back at your school days, it is nice to remember that teacher who really made you passionate about something. Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society is the undisputed champion of that kind of inspiration. It is, sometimes, difficult to be compelled by the private school worries of the students, but as soon as Williams appears on screen, it is impossible not to be mesmerised. There is a…

• panics

★★★★★ Watched by panics 13 Oct, 2014

This is one helluva movie. Inspirational and moving.

• Sebastián Cadavid

★★★½ Watched by Sebastián Cadavid 07 Oct, 2014

"Carpe Diem", those words were, for me, first pronounced by Jack Carpenter in "I love you, Beth Cooper" (2009). with the years, and more recently with the hype Robin Williams death caused around his work, I finally sat and watched "The dead...", and I must say I was disappointed.
    Not disappointed "I hate this shit" kind of way, but I actually had a lot of expectations, I expected a miles profounder screenplay, and, why not?, a better character in John…

• Gary Busey

★★★★½ Watched by Gary Busey 10 Oct, 2014

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race, and the human race is filled with passion. Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."

An all too common message, but a more than ever prevalent one. Carpe DIem. Seize the day. Few of us contemplate this, and even fewer…

• Susana Silva

★★★★★ Rewatched by Susana Silva 09 Oct, 2014

"O captain! My captain!"

• johntheguy

★★★★ Added by johntheguy

Great Robin Williams film.