• Apollo

★★★½ Watched by Apollo 31 Jan, 2016

Let's see the teacher's prospective about the careless youths about their teacher and only care about themselves.

"You may see me, but I am hollow."

Perhaps, that's how the teachers thinks about their careless students these days.

Teachers deserve more credit than they given for.

• vishal09

★★★★★ Added by vishal09

This is one of those movies,which will stay with you for a while after watching it.
    I'm really glad i watched this movie. I loved every bit of it.This is the movie where everyone can relate. The emotions,drama & struggle.
    I have no words to describe the beauty of this movie. And if you're reading this please do watch it,its worth it.

• Ferhat Rami

★★★★½ Added by Ferhat Rami

I watched this film last week for the second time .. I've learned many things from this movie .. Adrien Brody was amazing!

• Degaré Moreau

★½ Added by Degaré Moreau

This is American Beauty levels of "trying too hard;" there are some good moments, but none of those are moments I think the filmmaker wanted to be impactful—those all come off as incredibly shallow and contrived.

• Yagi

★★★★★ Watched by Yagi 22 Jan, 2016

if you listen close enough you can still hear me crying

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 07 Jan, 2016

Angry, disorganised and fractured. Tony Kaye's film is an indictement of the American school system that firmly puts the blame on students and parents, and whether you agree or not this is a passionate and memorable film. The main focus is Adrien Brody's substitute teacher, an inspirer and a dreamer whose life is disintegrating outside of classes even as he makes progress with his difficult students, though most of the characters make a solid impression - Lucy Liu is the…

• Elliot Fane

★★½ Watched by Elliot Fane 12 Jan, 2016

Some interesting and arty moments where the character's depression has some levity and the points do stick. But the writing is so melodramatic and sometimes unlikeable preachy that I just can't enjoy it enough! Brody was good for the most part, but I don't think this is worth a watch!

• Cinema ATM

★★★★★ Watched by Cinema ATM 16 Oct, 2015

Detachment é algo dentro e fora dessa perspectiva "especial" de um filme "para/sobre" professores. e seus alunos. É cruelmente real e sensível o bastante para que possamos nos identificar com cada personagem criado, ou melhor, jogado na sua cara. Uma escola, um sistema falho, professores cansados, exauridos de uma vida jogada ao léu da educação publica e mal organizada e administrada, alunos que não existem, não passam de fantasmas passando pelos corredores amarelos, sem visão, sem fome de ideias ou conhecimento, sem pensamento, seguem um modelo e estão conformados por essa forma... Continuar lendo: atalkingmovie.blogspot.com.br/2015/10/dia-dos-professores-o-substituto-e-um.html

• MagaZulu

★★★½ Watched by MagaZulu 22 Dec, 2015

This is a cruel world inside a real life. It makes you think about not only the teenagers' future, and the education system in all its aspects, but also about the immediate family in which the support of the parents is the most important thing for the child.
    We must have children with love, and love them beyond all. If not, ... Life will be complicated for them.

If you want to suffer, watch it!

• robeffo

★★★ Watched by robeffo 16 Dec, 2015

Non è un brutto film, ma il titolo sembra anche una dichiarazione d'intenti; infatti non coinvolge granchè.

• Anna Tapia

★★★★ Watched by Anna Tapia 14 Dec, 2015

This was one melodramatic rollercoaster.

Brody once again proves why he's one of the best actors of his generation. He manages to hold a messy film together with his flawless performance as a substitute teacher.

• Hennimore

★★★½ Watched by Hennimore 16 Nov, 2013

The one force that keeps this movie from imploding upon itself is Brody's devastating performance. As a man defeated at every turn yet determined to avoid a free-fall into nothingness, it is fascinating to watch a character become so completely enraged at the unbreakable carelessness of the world around him.

However, the pacing of this movie is absolutely fucked. With depressing chalkboard drawings and brief snippets of Brody's character in an interview setting popping up at random intervals, there becomes…