• Concertina

★★★★½ Watched by Concertina 28 Jun, 2015 1

Normalmente no veo dramas, pero cuando los veo me voy full retard.

• Sweet T

★½ Watched by Sweet T 23 Jun, 2015

vulgar and sloppily disorganized

• Thomas Flight

★★★ Watched by Thomas Flight 22 Jun, 2015

A sometimes confusing, but enigmatic film. It succeeds and fails in some very unique ways.

• Motke Dapp

★★½ Watched by Motke Dapp 20 Jun, 2015

There are a number of things I could say about this film. Many others have said things both positive and negative about the film. You may have thought it was heavy handed or well acted or heartfelt or real or too artsy to be effective or any other number of thoughts and feelings.

Bottom line: great cast, good performances, and a story that, in many ways, needs light shed on it.

BUT

If you are going to direct and DP…

• miloukine

★★½ Watched by miloukine 16 Jun, 2015

I really tried avoiding this film, but a review assured me it wasn't some Freedom Writers BS, and I'd do anything for Adrien Brody.
    I feel like this film tried to be deep and poetic and shit, and maybe it was, but personally it felt contrived and tacky.
    It's an okay drama. Made me cry a bunch of times, yeah, but like... It's nothing new.

• Chris Davies-Rowan

½ Watched by Chris Davies-Rowan 12 Jun, 2015

The worst.

• Linson Wong

★★★½ Watched by Linson Wong 13 Jun, 2015

独立精神、自由思想、批判性思维,不要太刻意注重这些名词。去阅读吧,功利性的、非功利性的都可以,这是完成从输入到输出整个过程的必要前提,也是一个学会从简单到复杂再回到简单的必经之路。我不喜欢单纯的人,我喜欢单纯的状态和“知世故而不世故”的人。没有人是万能的,能认识到自己不是万能的,体味到偶尔也会无能为力的痛感,捱过那个时刻,人就麻木了,接着就是通常所说的成熟和知性。

• Marcus Alan Ryckman

★★★½ Watched by Marcus Alan Ryckman 11 Jun, 2015

Dark, depressing movie about pain and suffering. Insane ensemble cast.

• Alfie_Packham

★★★ Watched by Alfie_Packham 10 Jun, 2015

Heartfelt but let down by heavy-handed chalk-doodle explication.

• Charlie Pacheco

★★★ Added by Charlie Pacheco

¿Que harías si estuvieras perdido, sintiéndote invisible ante el mundo o peor aun, atrapado en él? ¿A quien culparías? Todos nos sentimos así o nos llegaremos a sentir así y eso es lo que Detachment nos intenta mostrar. La decadencia del sistema educativo, la desvalorización de los profesores y el desinterés de los padres ante sus hijos.

Es una película sobre estar perdido en la vida, tanto alumno como profesor. Es realista, la tristeza y crudeza con la que la…

• andy

★★★★½ Watched by andy 06 Jun, 2015

Once more, we get a dark and truthful look at the world though the eyes of Tony Kaye. This time, we see substitute teacher Henry Barthes at an inner city school, as he sees why the school is falling apart. It's poetic, sometimes subtly, sometimes overwhelmingly, it's dark, and it has a beautiful ending scene.

• faberjustfaber

★★★★★ Watched by faberjustfaber 04 Jun, 2015

"It's uncanny, no air raid sirens. No bombs. It doesn't happen that way. It starts with a whisper, and then nothing."