• Mackenzie Dillon

★★★★½ Watched by Mackenzie Dillon 22 May, 2015

with my mom being a teacher, and having teachers as my friends, this movie hit my soul. i felt like my heart was receding with every minute that passed i mean that sounds so dumb but this movie numbed me. i guess thats kind of ironic because the movie is called detachment but anyways, this was a really good movie. great acting, wonderful wonferful look into the mind and soul of humans especially students and teachers.

• Zim Dela Peña

★★★½ Watched by Zim Dela Peña 05 May, 2015

Sad.

• mystery_mouse

★★★½ Added by mystery_mouse

mijn hart

• AniMagus

★★★★½ Watched by AniMagus 19 Apr, 2015

One of the most depressing films I've seen so far.
    Adrien Brody's performance was absolutely stellar.

• Travis Cooper

★★ Watched by Travis Cooper 25 Apr, 2015

Film 115 of Project365, a project in which I watch a new film every day for a year.

Adrien Brody performs admirably. Unfortunately while Detachment's message is strong, it's moral is unseen, making it hard to comprehend the reason the stories were presented on the screen.

• Leonardo Marchezini

★★★★★ Watched by Leonardo Marchezini 21 Apr, 2015

A raw and cruel punch, right in my face. A wake-up call. A reflexion about my desires and plans, which by the way, was very much needed.

• Vibhor

★★★★ Watched by Vibhor 17 Apr, 2015

Oh i loved it in every way. maybe because i've always been falling apart. :)

• Jessie Alexander

★★★½ Watched by Jessie Alexander 14 Apr, 2015

Debated whether or not I could "like" a film that made me feel so terrible.

But Brody is captivating in every somber, soul-crushing, disarming moment. I couldn't look away. For a film called Detachment, there was no removing myself from the deep emotional current that he embodies. And yes, the manipulation in this film is palpable. But Brody's performance somehow makes that okay. Through his eyes we see that the world is broken. The system is broken. Even the minuscule details are broken. But there is beauty to be found and humanity to be examined in the shards.

• Joe Hastings

★★★★★ Watched by Joe Hastings 10 Apr, 2015 3

"How about I stab your ass for giving me an F."
    That's not a quote from the film. One of my fellow college graduates became a teacher while I went the business route. He wanted to make a difference and was left disappointed.

At one time I actually wanted to become a teacher, but the thought of low pay and teaching kids how to pass state tests ended that. Many will see this as a negative view of an important…

• OmnipotentDog

★★½ Watched by OmnipotentDog 10 Apr, 2015

Detachment is a film that I really wish that I liked more. It follows the life of a high school substitute teacher, played by Adrien Brody, and the struggles and complications that come with the job. Like its title suggests, Brody's character, along with practically every other character in this story, has formed a sense of detachment, or numbness, from the world, and as the film progresses, we see Brody's character grow as he forms relationships with the people around…

• Daniel Lentini

★★★ Watched by Daniel Lentini 06 Apr, 2015

Absolutely absurd and frankly hard to watch at times, Detachment avoids being a train wreck with some solid performance and cinematic charm.

• Antonio Sánchez

★★★★★ Watched by Antonio Sánchez 06 Apr, 2015

La puta mejor película sobre el vacío existencial y la educación... Kaye se ha superado después de American History X. Papelón de Adrien Brody. OBRA MAESTRA que nos da el puñetazo en el estómago más grande de nuestra vida.