• kathleen zjek

★★★½ Added by kathleen zjek

This was a pretty bad movie. I'm pretty embarrassed at how much I enjoyed it.

• Kyle Hoover

★★★ Watched by Kyle Hoover 25 Feb, 2015

Good movie and cast.

• gonzalo_cesp

Watched by gonzalo_cesp 24 Feb, 2015

I love the inspiring touch achieved which seems inconceivable at first sight.

But I think that If I were knocked out by stuff like this for an entire day I'd most likely end up killing myself. Holy shit. I've been officially overwhelmed. This needs a few more viewings...

• eyynus

★★★★★ Watched by eyynus 16 Feb, 2015

this film is eye opening heart breaking and beautiful all at the same time i recommend it to everyone bloody fantastic

• citizenmac

★★ Watched by citizenmac 15 Feb, 2015

Deadbeat Assholes Society.

• Mike

★½ Watched by Mike 10 Feb, 2015 2

Starts off like it's going to be interesting, featuring a collection of talking heads relaying how they kind of fell into teaching for lack of having anything better to do career wise. (Those who can't do... ) And then Adrien Brody is introduced as Teaching Jesus, super substitute, shown to be selfless and implacable as he navigates the mine field of an inner city school and the heart of a teenaged prostitute he rescues from the streets. It all comes…

• garth

★★★½ Watched by garth 08 Feb, 2015

Super heavy-handed and mostly bad acting, but I liked it.

• Wesley Mead

★★★★ Watched by Wesley Mead 27 Jan, 2015

A marvellous character study that examines with dark, unpleasant themes with confidence and passion. Director Tony Kaye doesn't hold back in this dissection of a broken system breaking people. I'm not sure if the cinema-verité style always works, but the raw material - and performances - are more than enough to transcend it.

• Gemma lou

★★★ Watched by Gemma lou 07 Feb, 2015

Dont watch this if your training to be a teacher. Maybe leave it a few years.

• Bianca Archilla

★★★★ Watched by Bianca Archilla 06 Feb, 2015

How have I never heard of this or seen it before today? Adrien Brody is such an incredible actor and I am always reminded of that when I watch him express so much emotion and deliver lines so beautifully. I am always amazed at his way of engaging viewers even if the movie itself isn't that great.

And this one was great, so it was even better. As a huge fan of American History X , I was happy that…

• Anthony Tran

★★★★½ Rewatched by Anthony Tran 05 Feb, 2015

"I'm a non-person, Sarah"

We are brought into a world that is influenced by both chance and choice. Some try to make the best with what they're given. Some blame for what they're given. Some simply let it wash over, just being indifferent to the whole thing. Some give up.

A commentary on a broken American education system, Tony Kaye's Detachment is a film that dramatises the frustrations that is shared amongst everyone involved. We have struggling teens (both academically…

• egen97

★★★★ Watched by egen97 04 Feb, 2015

Amazing film about teachers in a "ghetto" school districkt.