• blackstarr20

★★★★★ Added by blackstarr20

Sometimes I wish I could remember what she put in that cupcake and I wish I had the courage to eat it..

• Marshall Granger

★★ Watched by Marshall Granger 27 Aug, 2015

This almost succeeds as a film-essay takedown of the No Child Left Behind era. But when it's trying to also be a dramatic story, it's downright horrific, to a very distracting extent.
    Definitely look to HALF NELSON for a much much better telling of this story.

• me

Watched by me 24 Aug, 2015

One of the worst movies of this decade. Over-directed to the point where it's empty of nuance. A tone-deaf script about a touchy subject written by somebody who feels superior and obviously doesn't understand that culture. Insulting.

• Courtney Cheshire

★★★★★ Watched by Courtney Cheshire 21 Aug, 2015

I'm shocked that so much sadness could fit into 1 hour and 37 minutes. Detachment is a beautifully tragic, realistic view on public school and life in general. Adrien Brody gave a wonderful performance and was supported by a stellar cast. I loved the visual style of this movie, from the animated chalkboard to the long shots of hallways absent of anyone. There was tonal similarity to Tony Kaye's masterpiece "American History X" which worked very well. This is a…

• Guilherme Sagas

★★★ Watched by Guilherme Sagas 15 Aug, 2015

Over dramatic and kinda short sighted. Good sequence when Mr Barthe talks tomthe students about happines.

• Lexi

★★★★½ Watched by Lexi 14 Aug, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this also I'm crying

• alexmalai

★★½ Watched by alexmalai 13 Aug, 2015

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS, PODRÍAS SER MEJOR.

• Jonathan

★★★½ Watched by Jonathan 08 Apr, 2015

Adrian Brody very good, as was the young co-star. Bit odd with the ensemble cast, but worth persisting with.

• connorjmacleod9

★★★★★ Added by connorjmacleod9

When one thinks of the best films of 2011, the usual ones that come to mind are "Hugo," "The Artist," "Drive," "Tree of Life," "The Descendants," "Warrior," "Midnight in Paris," and many others. But for me, the best of all was a smaller film known as "Detachment." Director Tony Kaye, who's best known for "American History X," has made only 3 films so far in his career, and Detachment will be a difficult one to beat. Starring Adrien Brody with…

• Kai

★★★★ Watched by Kai 03 Aug, 2015

Adrian Brody's acting always delivers.

• Warriors

★★★ Added by Warriors

Adrian Brody is an excellent actor, but the story is too predictable and we've all seen this before! there was something wrong with the DVD , because sometimes when you rewinded the movie and replayed it again i saw a different movie!
    no i didn't like it so much!

• alexbhades

★★★½ Watched by alexbhades 01 Jan, 2013

Dura, descarnada, con un montaje incomodo para el espectador, la película no para de provocarte durante todo el metraje y acaba jugando a dos bandas.
    Adrien Brody demuestra porque es actor.