• James Connors

★★★ Added by James Connors

Originally published in 2010

'Inspired' by the French movie 'Le Dinner Du Cons', 'Dinner for Schmucks' is the latest Jay Roach project packed full of well known comedy names. Previous outings include the 'Austin Powers' and 'Meet the Parents' films, so Roach isn't a newcomer to comedy. However, writers David Guion and Michael Handelman have just a single credit to their name - 2006's 'Fast Track', which went below the radar.

The very first shot of the film is certainly…

• gimu

★★★½ Added by gimu

:D

• gabigabi4

★★★ Added by gabigabi4

Very Idiot :)

• oldeststreamer

★½ Added by oldeststreamer

The film on which this is based LE DINER DE CONS is superb.

Normally I find Carell and especially Rudd very watchable but this film is dire and possibly the worst ever US remake of a French hit

• Eeliel047

★★ Added by Eeliel047

Cuando las escenas de ratones disecados son lo mejor de la película, hay un problema muy grande con la misma.

• seasondays

★½ Watched by seasondays 26 Sep, 2016

too long and not as fun as it could have been but those mouse dioramas are hard not to love.

• marin

★★★ Watched by marin 13 Jul, 2016

mouse jesus didn't die for this

• Mur

★★ Rewatched by Mur 26 Aug, 2016

"you may say im a dreamer, but im not"

• Francisco Rosa

★★★ Watched by Francisco Rosa 14 Aug, 2016

There's plenty of laughs in this remake of "Le dîner de cons" as all the actors seem to delish in their roles. Some truly funny subtle and over the top jokes sprinkled throughout. As critic Mark Kermode is prone to say, it passes the 6 laugh test.

• CapedCrus8er

★★ Added by CapedCrus8er

I haven't seen the original French version of this film so I'm not sure how to compare it to that. I'm not really sure what I was expecting from this one though. I thought you couldn't go wrong with Paul Rudd and Steve Carell, but this movie just doesn't set well with me. It's a little funny in some moments but a lot of the dramatic stuff falls flat cause you're not given a lot of reason to feel for…

• gorzelak

★★½ Watched by gorzelak 07 Aug, 2016

Has its moments - especially the scenes with Jemaine Clement.

• Neill Frazer

★★★★ Watched by Neill Frazer 31 Jul, 2016

Well it was a movie I planned on seeing but took my time getting to it. I didn't realize this movie was going to be this funny. It's funny stupid if u get me. But the stupidity is what makes this movie work. Picture dumb and dumber but funnier lol