• emkang

★½

I loved the original French film this was based on, and I liked the talent involved enough to give this a try, but wow was this bad. It was a farce of a farce (quite literally). None of the charm of the original remake carried over into this mess, which thinks that humor at the expense of others is enough for "comedy."

• Kikomia

god its bad

• detritustank

I laughed, no, chuckled, at some stupid stuff, though I never had any really good belly laughs.

• Nelson Chubby

Dinner For Schmucks had a lot of potential to succeed with the main characters comedic talents alone but sadly wasn't utilised properly.

The dynamic between the characters seemed forced most of the time and the comedy moments that made me laugh made me want more but never came..

I thought the film was terrible and had a tremendous amount of plot holes that didn't make any sense.

All these elements make this film terrible which is why I gave it no rating.

• Ramon Brasileiro

★★★

Funny movie, but I kept feeling painfully embarrassed for Tim (Paul Rudd). And then, my mom walked into my room right when Tim and Barry (Steve Carell) share that awkward hug and she probably thought I was watching a gay movie. Again.

• Chad Muskehound

Originally published in 2010

'Inspired' by the French movie 'Le Dinner Du Cons', 'Dinner for Schmucks' is the latest Jay Roach project packed full of well known comedy names. Previous outings include the 'Austin Powers' and 'Meet the Parents' films, so Roach isn't a newcomer to comedy. However, writers David Guion and Michael Handelman have just a single credit to their name - 2006's 'Fast Track', which went below the radar.

The very first shot of the film is certainly…

• gimu

★★★½

:D

• gabigabi4

Very Idiot :)

• oldeststreamer

★½

The film on which this is based LE DINER DE CONS is superb.

Normally I find Carell and especially Rudd very watchable but this film is dire and possibly the worst ever US remake of a French hit

• Eeliel047

Cuando las escenas de ratones disecados son lo mejor de la película, hay un problema muy grande con la misma.

• seasondays

★½

too long and not as fun as it could have been but those mouse dioramas are hard not to love.

• marin

★★★

mouse jesus didn't die for this