• Grant Berridge

★★★ Rewatched by Grant Berridge 24 Sep, 2015 2

This film is awful. It's just so bad.

However it's unfair to say that it's not well made. For the genre, this is a great work. Sadly, the genre is abrasive American comedy, and I cannot stand it.

Similar in tone to those Chevy Chase movie in the 80s, if that helps. This is a higher-quality example of shitty film than others of its kind but it still deserves to be switched off before the final credits.

A lot of wasted talent here.

• Randy

★★½ Watched by Randy 10 Sep, 2015

Dinner for Schmucks is pretty generic. There are a few points in this movie that are pretty funny but for the most part the jokes don't catch very well. Steve Carell and Paul Rudd do what they can in this movie but the concept doesn't have the durability for a almost two hour movie. I think this movie couldn't be that much better considering the story.

• Han1981

★★★½ Added by Han1981

..I can't help it, I had to laugh out loud about it a few times, especially during the pinguin scene ;)

• Matthew Phillips-Moul

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew Phillips-Moul 27 Aug, 2015

I love this movie! Carrell plays such a dim-witted guy, you love how thick he is.

"I wanna be a penguin."

• BrookersAZ

★★★★½ Watched by BrookersAZ 02 Sep, 2015

I can't believe I have never seen this, hilarious!

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

This movie is fun, although Steve Carell plays basically Michael Scott in this.

Paul Rudd doesn't play his normal super charming self, instead he is just charming.

• Niklas Rabe

★½ Watched by Niklas Rabe 30 Aug, 2015

boring and predictable.

• Shaian Assadi

★★ Added by Shaian Assadi

This movie is for schmucks

• mfulton

★★ Added by mfulton

• Keetch

★½ Watched by Keetch 08 Jul, 2015

What an awful, awful film.
    Everyone in this movie is either an asshole or a creep. None of them are likeable, and all of them are annoying. The worst part of this movie is that it tries to make all these big business people out as jerks for making fun of these weirdos, WHEN THATS WHAT THE MOVIE HAS BEEN DOING THE WHOLE TIME. The only positive I can think of is Zach Galifianakis' hilarious performance, too bad his role amounts to nothing more than an extended cameo.

• L!M!N

★★★★★ Added by L!M!N

I found this movie hilarious. Completely underrated in the array of Rudd & Carell highlights. Galifianakis deserves recognition too.

• fistofan0077

★★ Watched by fistofan0077 27 Jun, 2015

Pendulums between kind of funny and ridiculously grating, resulting in a giant pile of "meh". The smaller stuff (some of Carell's lines, some details in the rat sculptures) was much funnier than the more obvious stuff (Galifianakis' character).