• rkornhauser

★★★ Watched by rkornhauser 29 Jun, 2014

Me gustó mucho el principio. Ahí por la mitad se me hizo algo tediosa y parecía que no iba de mucho. Tiene chistes regados por todas partes lo que hizo que no me terminara de aburrir.

A veces Steve Carrell como que me cae mal, pero son momentos muy específicos, aunque en general creo que es un tipazo.

• Elsa López

★★★ Added by Elsa López

71. LENTITUD. La primera hora es eterna. ETERNA LES DIGO. Y lo raro es que el primer día en que se desarrolla la trama parece que dura 48 horas, y el segundo dura 12. Así lo sentí. Sin embargo, lo del discurso de soñadores se me hizo bien bonito.Paul Rudd es encantador <3 Y Steve Carell siempre se me va a hacer un tipazo. Me encanta que el dude de The IT Crowd salga. Basterds.

• Alexson Philipiah

★★★ Added by Alexson Philipiah

A bit of an odd movie...but at least it isn't as mean spirited as it seems it would have been from previews...because it's a movie about a corporate business man who has to find an 'idiot' or basically mentally ill person to bring to a dinner to have laughed at by the other business men with the winner moving higher in their job. It's actually pretty light and most of the laughs aren't really that funny anyways circling vulgarity and…

• marcoaurelio

★★★★★ Rewatched by marcoaurelio 27 May, 2014

muito divertido

• Bill Shannon

★★½ Added by Bill Shannon

A lot of uncomfortable, raunchy laughs, but ultimately too over-the-top and full of cheap humor.

• Capitan Nudillos

★★★½ Watched by Capitan Nudillos 05 May, 2014

Surprisingly good, with a little bit stressing Seteve Carrell with a moral of the story based on a song of John Lennon. Also an intro and ending song by The Beatles.

• Fesapo

★★½ Watched by Aracno 06 Apr, 2014

Pretty entertaining.

• Ghostsmut

★★★½ Watched by Ghostsmut 05 Apr, 2014 3

I've held off from watching this as the synopsis always sounded particularly cruel. Basically, an ambitious businessman is offered a promotion only if he brings the biggest idiot to a dinner party so they can make fun of them.

Where Dinner For Schmucks goes right is allowing Steve Carrell (Barry) to revel in his character - an oddball who makes mouse sculptures. This way the film never becomes cruel because Barry doesn't think he's an idiot and is happy in…

• benreviews

★★★½ Watched by benreviews 31 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• astrohkid

★★ Watched by astrohkid 10 Aug, 2013

Comedy relies far too much on just complete idiocy. Literally. It lands sometimes, but it misses much more than it hits. Pretty crass and dull, but not awful. Meh.