• Garrett Moore

★★½ Rewatched by Garrett Moore 14 Nov, 2015

Steve Carell perfects the role of a nonsensical idiot; nothing else is worth mentioning. Carell's performance, another testament to his incredible comedic talents, carries this otherwise lifeless and banal movie surprisingly well. Rudd is particularly bad, continually delivering lines full of insincere cliche.

• Andrew Ferguson

★★ Watched by Andrew Ferguson 07 Nov, 2015

A revisit of this proved to be more painful than I imagined it would be.

• Bartman

Added by Bartman

At almost the same time that mid-level executive Tim (Paul Rudd) is invited by his bosses to the 'dinner for schmucks', a yearly tradition in the company where every guest brings along the biggest idiot they can find, he meets Barry (Steve Carell) a lonely and sad eccentric, who would qualify as a schmuck.

Bringing along a guest to a party in order for everybody to laugh at him is a douchebag move, so from that set-up, you think you're…

• TheAutomaton

★½ Added by TheAutomaton

A movie for schmucks

• Grant Berridge

★★★ Rewatched by Grant Berridge 24 Sep, 2015 2

This film is awful. It's just so bad.

However it's unfair to say that it's not well made. For the genre, this is a great work. Sadly, the genre is abrasive American comedy, and I cannot stand it.

Similar in tone to those Chevy Chase movie in the 80s, if that helps. This is a higher-quality example of shitty film than others of its kind but it still deserves to be switched off before the final credits.

A lot of wasted talent here.

• Randy

★★½ Watched by Randy 10 Sep, 2015

Dinner for Schmucks is pretty generic. There are a few points in this movie that are pretty funny but for the most part the jokes don't catch very well. Steve Carell and Paul Rudd do what they can in this movie but the concept doesn't have the durability for a almost two hour movie. I think this movie couldn't be that much better considering the story.

• Han1981

★★★½ Added by Han1981

..I can't help it, I had to laugh out loud about it a few times, especially during the pinguin scene ;)

• Matthew Phillips-Moul

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew Phillips-Moul 27 Aug, 2015

I love this movie! Carrell plays such a dim-witted guy, you love how thick he is.

"I wanna be a penguin."

• BrookersAZ

★★★★½ Watched by BrookersAZ 02 Sep, 2015

I can't believe I have never seen this, hilarious!

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

This movie is fun, although Steve Carell plays basically Michael Scott in this.

Paul Rudd doesn't play his normal super charming self, instead he is just charming.

• Niklas Rabe

★½ Watched by Niklas Rabe 30 Aug, 2015

boring and predictable.

• Shaian Assadi

★★ Added by Shaian Assadi

This movie is for schmucks