• Jason

★★½ Watched by Jason 12 Apr, 2016

Very much an Americanised version of Le Dîner de Cons, with a romantic plot and comic misunderstandings. Steve Carell is pretty good and likeable despite his idiocy. Unfortunately it's all very tame -- there are seeds of a funny idea, but they went in less amusing directions with it.

• hyde1215

★★★ Watched by hyde1215 01 Apr, 2016

2016/03/28

• Jonas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jonas 31 Mar, 2016

Immernoch wunderbar lustig! Carrell spielt grandios!

• Funnyguy

★★★½ Watched by Funnyguy 15 Mar, 2016

"I might be a dreamer, but I'm not"

• Justin Ball

★½ Watched by Justin Ball 18 Feb, 2011

All I can remember is an older lady walking up the aisle in the theater farting the entire way, that was hilarious.

• Kelsey

★★ Rewatched by Kelsey 11 Dec, 2010

This movie was pretty bad but I quote the half-quotes all the time. "You know what they say: The mind is a terrible thing."

• Armando Vanegas

★★★★½ Watched by Armando Vanegas 31 Jul, 2010

"Dinner for Schmucks" starring Steve Carell and Paul Rudd is an enjoyable comedy and although it might not be for everyone, I still thought it was funny.

Paul Rudd stars as Tim, who works at an financial company. After Tim has a successful presentation at an office meeting, his boss (Bruce Greenwood) invites him to a "dinner for extraordinary people", in which many of the jerk executives invite many eccentric people who are unknowingly competing for the biggest idiot of…

• Annie

★★ Watched by Annie 04 Feb, 2016

Film #5 of the 2016 Awards Season Scavenger Hunt!
    Task #22: Film 4 of 6 connecting Dwayne Johnson to Kevin Bacon (Paul Rudd -> Steve Carell)
    letterboxd.com/emboaba/list/scavenger-hunt-feb-2016/

I know I always said that I would watch literally anything for Paul Rudd and that Paul could make anything better... but man. The universe heard my arrogant ass, boasting the depth of my commitment. Laughing in the face of the powers aligning the Paul Rudd stars. It had lasted too long -…

• soccerjulchen

★★½ Added by soccerjulchen

Nicht wirklich witziger Film mit ein paar Highlights

• drewgolba

Added by drewgolba

Wow. Glad no acting careers were harmed by this release.

15/100. Not worth writing anymore.

• imhonestok

★★★ Added by imhonestok

This is a lovely movie about how logic applies to the crazy world of (considered) Schmucks. I loved the opening sequence, the heartbreak of barry's pudding and I liked the concept of the dinner.

• Tom Saggs

★★★ Watched by Tom Saggs 12 Jan, 2016

neither of their best films but a fun film non the less