• Annie

★★ Watched by Annie 04 Feb, 2016

Film #5 of the 2016 Awards Season Scavenger Hunt!
    Task #22: Film 4 of 6 connecting Dwayne Johnson to Kevin Bacon (Paul Rudd -> Steve Carell)
    letterboxd.com/emboaba/list/scavenger-hunt-feb-2016/

I know I always said that I would watch literally anything for Paul Rudd and that Paul could make anything better... but man. The universe heard my arrogant ass, boasting the depth of my commitment. Laughing in the face of the powers aligning the Paul Rudd stars. It had lasted too long -…

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Hate It!

• soccerjulchen

★★½ Added by soccerjulchen

Nicht wirklich witziger Film mit ein paar Highlights

• drewgolba

Added by drewgolba

Wow. Glad no acting careers were harmed by this release.

15/100. Not worth writing anymore.

• imhonestok

★★★ Added by imhonestok

This is a lovely movie about how logic applies to the crazy world of (considered) Schmucks. I loved the opening sequence, the heartbreak of barry's pudding and I liked the concept of the dinner.

• Tom Saggs

★★★ Watched by Tom Saggs 12 Jan, 2016

neither of their best films but a fun film non the less

• Joshua Kazemi

★★★½ Added by Joshua Kazemi

Dinner for Schmucks is funny and more importantly charming. The performances and characters (Steve Carell's in particular) are top notch. The film only suffers from a few moments of confusion and a script that could have been tighter.

• Kochore

★★★ Watched by Kochore 27 Dec, 2015

Not the greatest but weirdly endearing.

Also, Octavia Spencer imitating a lobster? Oscar-worthy.

• deadlyrivers

★★★★ Rewatched by deadlyrivers 18 Dec, 2015

Critically derided when it came out, but I never really understood why. Well, actually, I kinda do - as a remake of a French satire it lacks any actual satire, and there is a jarring dissonance to the way it invites us to laugh at the freaks on display whilst also telling us that it's bad to laugh. So I guess I get it. But moralistic issues aside, this film succeeds because it's very, very funny. The cast is stacked…

• zach parker

★★ Rewatched by zach parker 23 Nov, 2015

- still fun: we need more slapstick movies with Annoying Friend amidst increasingly embarrassing social situations.

• Jason Bally

★★★ Added by Jason Bally

This was heading for 2 or maybe 2 and a half stars through the first two-thirds of the movie. Then the final dinner scene saved it for me. I want the dinner parties I get stuck attending to be half as much fun.

• Garrett Moore

★★½ Rewatched by Garrett Moore 14 Nov, 2015

Steve Carell perfects the role of the nonsensical idiot; nothing else is worth mentioning. Carell's performance, another testament to his incredible comedic talents, carries this otherwise lifeless and banal movie surprisingly well. Rudd is particularly bad, continually delivering lines full of insincere cliche.