• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 24 Jul, 2013

Donnie Brasco is a great gangster film. The start was maybe a bit slow but little by little I was gripped by the story and characters and never lost interest. Clearly influenced by Martin Scorsese's work but Mike Newell managed very well to make a very good gangster film with life of its own.

It was nice for a change seeing Johnny Depp playing a “regular” character instead of an eccentric one with a lot of make-up on. His performance…

• Hassan

★★★★ Added by Hassan

Good film. Nothing bad, but nothing exceptional either.

• KMOKLER

★★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

My favourite Johnny Depp movie probably because it's a gangster film (and I love gangsta movies) Al Pacino's also in it and Johnny Depp's not wearing white face paint.

• irene_at

★★★★ Rewatched by irene_at 01 Sep, 2014

Αυτές τις μαφιόζικες ταινίες με τον Al Pacino, μπορώ να τις βλέπω αιωνίως και να μην βαριέμαι..

• Paul Lister

★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Lister 31 Aug, 2014

"Forget about it" is, like, if you agree with someone, you know, like "Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass. Forget about it!" But then, if you disagree, like "A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Forget about it!" You know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like, "Minghia! Those peppers! Forget about it!" But it's also like saying "Go to hell!" too. Like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a…

• Alberto del Rio Medina

★★½ Watched by Alberto del Rio Medina 25 Aug, 2014

Es un muy largo sketch de SNL, pero sin ningún punch line.

• le_munhoz

★★★½ Added by le_munhoz

Ótimo filme sobre o relacionamento que existe dentro da máfia! Mostra como são tratados como uma família, porém a exigência da lealdade pode ser seu ultimo sacrifício!

• Avantikatewari

★★★½ Watched by Avantikatewari 04 Aug, 2014

Al Pacino and Johnny Depp in a gangster flick, need I say more?

• Chad Webb

★★★★ Rewatched by Chad Webb 04 Aug, 2014

My college roommate showed me this movie (the theatrical cut) in 2002. I had never seen it before, but he was a big fan and heavily praised the performances and the fact that it was based on a true story. At the time I certainly recognized the quality of the acting, but overall I thought it was a pretty average mafia flick. After all, the mafia/gangster/mob genre is not short on entries. What made this special?

It's that mindset that…

• Jason

★★★ Rewatched by Jason 06 Aug, 2014

Good, but could of been made better with more style and a better honed narrative. Still though a good story with great lead performances.

• kylegarvey

★★½ Added by kylegarvey

A classic crime drama starring Al Pacino and Johnny Depp. A real cute badabing, fuhgeddaboudit Mob movie, with a variety of emotional strokes on top, somewhat lacking in story but pretty up-to-snuff in style. It's based on the true story of Joseph D. Pistone, an FBI undercover agent who infiltrated the Bonanno crime family in New York in the 1970s. He worked under the alias Donnie Brasco (The Jewel Man), in a story with simply-grounded complexity and a whole lot…

• Vinny Thornburg

★★★½ Watched by Vinny Thornburg 30 Jul, 2014

There's an alternate universe where Donnie Brasco came out where Goodfellas didn't and was instead seen as the classic gangsta film that everyone compares any other crime film too.

Maybe then in that universe it was nominated for best picture and wasn't seen as a slightly above average mafia film that got a random Screenplay nomination.

Also, I miss Depp not being a star who would take rolls like this.