• AdrienneM

★★★★ Watched by Paukzen 05 Nov, 1997

Cinema Monza con Cassi, Monica, Bear e Tozzi

• Bubbydog

★★★★ Watched by Bubbydog 29 Jul, 2014

Memorable scenes: "Fugazi" dialogue. Cut from Pacino walking out the door to gunshots at the end of the film.

• Julian Kopkas

★★★½ Watched by Julian Kopkas 27 Jan, 2016

Full Rating: 76/100

• Travis Wagner

★★★½ Watched by Travis Wagner 25 Jan, 2016

This guy also made Four Weddings and a Funeral and a Harry Potter movie. It is kinda surprising that the one involving Hugh Grant is clearly his best work.

• RickyHaze

★★★★ Added by RickyHaze

Top notch in all areas, but it leaves you wanting more. Maybe that's a good thing though. Depp needs to do more serious roles like this, he's one of the best actors of all time yet underrated. A crazy true story and an outstanding gangster film.

• Jason Bally

★★½ Added by Jason Bally

This is probably a better movie than I'm it giving credit for, but ultimately I was just too bored at times.

• Janne

★★★★ Watched by Janne 14 Jan, 2016

I quite like mafia films. Donnie Brasco doesn't quite rise up to be among the best crime dramas, but it doesn't come far behind. More than the usual mafia stuff, Donnie Brasco deals with human relationships. Namely, the undercover FBI agent's (played by Johnny Depp) relations with his real life family and with his mafia pals he becomes close with during his assignment. Chemistry between Depp and Al Pacino is strong, and that makes Donnie Brasco quite an excellent film.

• August Mikaelsson

★★★½ Watched by August Mikaelsson 12 Jan, 2016

En bra skildring av livet som infiltratör inom maffian och konsekvenser av det. Al Pacino klippt och skuren för sin roll, hands down.

• Milo

★★★★ Watched by Milo 03 Jan, 2016

Gangster and mafia movies are one of my three favourite genres across all mediums, right up there at the top with westerns and space opera science fiction, so It was a no brainer that I was going to get around to watching Donnie Brasco at some point, which stars Johnny Depp and Al Pacino. Al Pacino plays Lefty, an experienced but low-key gangster, who takes Depp's Donnie Brasco under his wing and introduces him to the mob and how it…

• Tomi Mendel

★★½ Watched by Tomi Mendel 03 Jan, 2016

[42/100]

DONNIE BRASCO never really got going for me in any particular direction. It was a bit silly without being particularly funny, a bit violent if only because mob movies are generally violent, a bit morally conscious but only in spurts. The efforts to show the consequences to Donnie's family were nice, and the dark ending carried a lot of weight for me. But most of what occurred felt forgettable, with solid but uninspiring performances and stale, seemingly deliberate call-outs to gangster movie conventions ("fuggedaboutit").

• Palmer Rubin

★★★ Watched by Palmer Rubin 19 May, 2015

Cop gets seduced into the gangster life. This has been done so many damn times before. At least you can watch Johnny Depp and Al Pacino, two of the great masters of chewing scenery, chew each other out.

At the same time, things work. But I haven't really seen a mob movie in years that brings anything new to the table. Kinda like the "Submarine" of mob movies: well-made, but unoriginal.