• Leo Lumley

Whyshe Casttho

God Damn Charlatan.

• Be_Lan

★★★ Watched by Be_Lan 15 Nov, 2015

Film 14/30 of Scavenger Hunt #1!
    Task #5: "A biopic film!"

Donnie Brasco tells the story of the undercover FBI agent Joe Pistone (Johnny Depp) who tries under the nickname Donnie Brasco to infiltrate the mafia of New York, while he's befriending the gangster Lefty Ruggiero (Al Pacino).

The movie is nicely filmed and performed, unfortunately the actual story was for me not interesting enough, it didn't drag me into the mafia world of corruption and violence, but only…

• Aaron Hammond

★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron Hammond 10 Nov, 2015

Still holds up thanks to Depp and Pacino's performances. But man did this need a Lumet or Scorsese behind the camera. Newell does fine work but too much of this movie feels like we're on the outside looking in; we don't get the full-on autopsy of New York crime and corruption and the souls of men that those two would bring. Oh, and Patrick Doyle's score should've been whacked.

• Warriors

★★★★ Added by Warriors 1

Not the best picture with pacino I think personally, but definitely a good movie about infiltrations in the mob - I don't know why but Johnny Depp never convinced me (he is a good actor i know that), and here in this picture he doesn't seem to fit.
    Pacino is as always perfect - and if Pacino wanted Depp in this picture - well then it is ok for me!

• Mattias Eriksson

★★★½ Watched by Mattias Eriksson 28 Oct, 2015

The story could have been a little tighter but great performances by both Pacino and Depp.

• Raoul Groothuizen

★★★★ Added by Raoul Groothuizen

The score music and sound design are horribly dated, but Al Pachino and Johnny Depp still work great as the older lovable gangster and his conflicted protege.
    I also really like the clever ending, but forget about it.

• kieronimo

★★★ Watched by kieronimo 18 Oct, 2015

sync - mitelmäßig

• kieronimo

★★★½ Added by kieronimo

sync - mittelmäßig

• Doombreaker

★★½ Watched by Doombreaker 18 Aug, 2015

Dieser Film gehört zur Amazon Instant Video Watchlist 2015.

EIn gut inszenierter Film. Ein guter Blick in die schwierige Welt eines Undercover Cops. Die ganzen Entscheidungen die er treffen muss. Und auch die schwierige, wenn man denkt man gehört zu denen, die man eigentlich betrügt.
    Dennoch nicht spannend genug. Mir fehlten einige klare Entscheidungen oder Szenen die zeigen, wie hart es ist. Einiges geht zu schnell vorbei, anderes dauert zu lange. Die richtige Mischung wurde nicht gefunden. Außerdem gibt es nicht viele intererssante Charaktere an die man sich halten könnte.

• nibras

★★★ Watched by nibras 12 Oct, 2015

similar scorsese dish bt not that tasty bt it's good.

• helderx

★★★★ Rewatched by helderx 06 Oct, 2015

A great gangster thriller with amazing word from Al Pacino and Johnny Depp.

• Wayne

★★★★ Rewatched by Wayne 29 Sep, 2015

While it's a little long and may not be the best gangster film out there, "Donnie Brasco" is still a rock solid film thanks to the great direction from Mike Newell, an engaging story, and fantastic performances from Johnny Depp and Al Pacino.