• Justin Time

★★★★ Watched by Justin Time 10 Nov, 2014

It's a fugazi.

Fugazi? Fugazi, Fugazi. It's a wazy. It's a woozie. It's fairy dust.

• Paula Saraiva

★★★★½ Added by Paula Saraiva

Dois atores top de linha e história impressionante.

• Andy

★★★★ Added by Andy

Azzooo che bel film!!!

• Challah Bread

★★★★ Watched by Challah Bread 02 Nov, 2014

Pacino was the personification of great. Depp was a chameleon, worthy of our respect. Michael Madsen had less neck fat. Anne Heche was a bi-polar shrew. Man, it feels like 1997 was yesterday.

• Aaron Martin

★★★½ Watched by Aaron Martin 30 Oct, 2014

Admittedly, I don't love mob movies. But, I can always appreciate them when they're done well. Who knew Depp could give a realistic performance after a decade plus of ticks, caked on makeup and ridiculous hats.

• Luke MacKenzie

★★★½ Watched by Luke MacKenzie 25 Oct, 2014

It's quite a good film. I did like it, I am a big fan of mob movies and this is another one I now like. It was such a well written script, and I think that is hard to do with a mob movie without it being a cliche, seriously this film wasn't a cliche, the writing was brilliant. Like all mob movies it's nice and violent, you have to have violence in a mob movie, there wasn't a whole…

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• Nic Sanchez

★★★½ Watched by Nic Sanchez 19 Oct, 2014

I probably shouldn't have watched this film straight after 'The Godfather.' It probably wasn't fair to the film or the filmmaker, but in comparison, this film just seemed lacklustre. This is mob-lite cinema, but by no means a bad film. I just didn't find the same grit and toughness in the characters or their plight.

There is decent tension and suspense that was made all the more interesting considering it's based on actual events.

• Jamie Dougan

★★★½ Watched by Jamie Dougan 18 Oct, 2014

Great lead performances from Depp and Pacino and the movie is nicely shot but the plot mostly underwhelms.

• reflectedsplndr

★★★★ Watched by reflectedsplndr 19 Oct, 2014

I was promised that Donnie Brasco was better than Scarface by a friend who was very persistent in the matter. While it is very firmly not, it's still a worthy addition to the gangster movie genre, with great performances by both Depp and Pacino.

Horrid soundtrack, though.

• MrPootytang

★★★★½ Watched by MrPootytang 14 Oct, 2014

Al Pacino's performance in Donnie Brasco, much like many iconic movies of his before, was superb. It's nice to see him play a person that isn't high up in the ranks. Johnny Depp is mostly known for his extravagant, flamboyant roles, his performance as Donnie Brasco/Joseph D. 'Joe' Pistone was amazing. His accent and demeanor, even his looks, fitted his role flawlessly. Mike Newell's 1997 drama has a neat mix of raw, emotional tragedy and ruthless mafia crime. Towards the…

• Alex A

★★★½ Watched by Alex A 24 Mar, 2014

Donnie Brasco boasts strong performances from its lead duo Johnny Depp and Al Pacino. The story is your basic run-of-the-mill undercover cop tale about getting too deep into an infiltrated world, causing one to slowly forget they're undercover, which has been done before. Though Johnny Depp delivers a great performance, the movie sadly didn't give me any reason to care for his character. Overall, Donnie Brasco is a gritty gangster flick with strong, convincing performances, smooth pacing and good characters, but an unoriginal story, an unrelatable main character and seemingly no climax.