• Morbus

★½ Watched by Morbus 24 Jul, 2014

Apparently considered a classic but I just found this film rather dull. Most of the scenes seem pretty pointless and they drag on and on like that terrible, clumsy sex scene.

• Franni

★★★★ Watched by Franni 22 Jul, 2014

Unsettling and beautiful pictures. My favorite kind of horror movie.

• Ed Scheid

★★★ Watched by Ed Scheid 20 Jul, 2014

I saw this for the first time, I thought that the editing and camera angles, as well a the tantalizing visions that Sutherland'd character gradually saw, successfully built up the sense of ominous dread. Great shots of Venice.

I don't think the couple was suited to be parents. At the beginning, they were inside enjoying each others company while the children were playing outside, and in a dangerous setting near water. I felt this was emphasized with the sex scene…

• Chevalier

★★★½ Watched by Chevalier 20 Jul, 2014

It was quite the coincidence i saw this after Argento's Tenebre, both movies dealing with duality, and how not everything is what it seems to be. This could be consider a giallo, but it's more of a psychological drama in the vein of the 3 colors trilogy. The emotional weight the dead of a loved one carries into other peoples life is explored with raw honesty, including one of the most genuine sex scenes in the history of cinema. The…

• Anthony George

★★★ Watched by Anthony George 15 Jul, 2014

If you ever fancied seeing Donald Sutherland nude, then this is your movie.

• James Healey

★★★ Watched by James Healey 15 Jul, 2014

Not Spooky/10

• fieldmouse

★★★★½ Watched by fieldmouse 07 Jul, 2014

Ghost dream giallo. For days black smoke has been oozing from the psychic wound it gave me like black lightning. It's governor demon of my roiling nightmare constellation now, that face, that shaking of the head. No, no. Dear lord, longing and death.

• Ryan

★★★★ Watched by Ryan 06 Jul, 2014

Knocking another title off my List of Shame.

I enjoyed this mostly from a technical standpoint. Loved the way it was shot, loved the editing, etc. The emotional part of the story, however, everything dealing with the characters and how I'm supposed to care for them and root for them and feel for them, was sadly underplayed. This film feels more like a technical exercise than an emotional experience. While I do recognize the skill with which it was crafted, I don't think I'll be coming back any time soon.

• Jonathan Pincus

★★★★★ Watched by Jonathan Pincus 06 Jul, 2014

The past and future effect the present in "Don't Look Now." This brilliant slow burner by director Nicolas Roeg concentrates on the meaning of time. Two grief stricken parents (Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie) are in Venice for the husband's business, the restoration of a church. There the wife meets a blind psychic and her sister who can talk to their lost daughter and foretell of danger.

This film is exactly what is meant by a full circle compete work…

• Forrrestw2Rs

★★★★ Watched by Forrrestw2Rs 05 Jul, 2014

It's directed and edited in such a way to be as haunting to the viewer as possible, escalating into a slow build before the thrilling final act.

• Samuel

★★★½ Watched by Samuel 06 Jul, 2014

Another horror classic with Donald Sutherland.

Don't Look Now is a great drama but I didn't really find it scary or even creepy at all. I could rate it higher cause it's technically a great film, but I don't think it was that good as a horror movie.

• savvybulge

★★★★ Added by savvybulge

What's with that title card--in blue parentheses like it's an episode of Degrassi Jr. High. But then we're calm because we see that name--Nicholas Roeg, the pronunciation of which only Jiminy Glick could do justice.

If they ever remade this they would never do that opening scene like that--all messy. No. Bradley Cooper would emerge from the water with his hair all greased back, looking sterile, like an android--ya know really selling the realism of emotion realistically. And the wife…