• Curtis

★★★★ Watched by Curtis 28 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Steve Kimes

★★★ Added by Steve Kimes

I watched this mostly on a high rating in a list of WTF films. Yes, it certainly qualifies as that. Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie are parents who lost their daughter by drowning. A psychic tells them that their daughter is with them in spirit, which creates conflict between them. But there is so much about this film, both in the editing and the plot that makes no sense. Even the genre is confusing: is this horror or psychological thriller? I've seen it all and I'm just as confused as in the middle.

• Whitman

★★★ Watched by Whitman 24 Sep, 2014

This is a new classic I had never seen that was expiring on netflix. It is possible I put it on the wrong night, but I was frankly kind of bored by much of it. I know the movie is intended to thrive on tension and the relationship between the married couple, but it didn't compel me throughout the film. Liked the editing and the look of the movie - I found the ending a bit silly. Oh well, glad I saw it.

• Kristopher Brandt

★★★★★ Added by Kristopher Brandt

Some might call the ending ridiculous, some might say it's stupid.
    You know what, that's all I got. Don't Look Now is a brilliant and odd film.

• Thom Loudon

★★★★ Watched by Thom Loudon 20 Sep, 2014

A fascinating film - it’s an unnerving mosaic of grief, desperation and psychic power with a dominant tinge of red. Venice’s canals and narrow streets are haunting, not beautiful, and Roegs’s persistent cutting and favoured complex approach to narrative is perfect in presenting the story of a total descent into delusion and frenzy.

• Travis Lytle

★★★★ Rewatched by Travis Lytle 22 Sep, 2014 9

Like a confusion of puzzle pieces placed nonsensically on a table, "Don't Look Now" is a jumble of ideas, thoughts, story beats, and images. However, it is a skillfully and purposefully designed jumble that requires thought and reflection to piece everything witnessed together; and it is one that provides chilling satisfaction when those pieces finally join to form a whole.

Horror film, family tragedy, psychological thriller, "Don't Look Now" takes multiple genre paths on the way to its climax. Nicholas…

• Tom Ward

★★★½ Watched by Tom Ward 21 Sep, 2014

A film that is rich in mood, atmosphere and suspense, Don't Look Now is an occult thriller that messes with the mind and leaves a mark on its viewer. It's deliberately strange and awkward; the editing style is unconventional and the story frequently relies on the imagery rather than the dialogue. It's incredibly layered and well-performed but there was something that didn't completely hit home with me. I think it will benefit from a seconding viewing.

That said, for a first time watch, I very much enjoyed it.

• Michael Audet

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Audet 20 Sep, 2014 6

Film #3 of my Hoop-tober Horror Challenge!

"Nothing is what it seems."

Venice: a city slowly sinking. A city clouded in history as expansive as its canals. A city wrapped an aspic. Here resides John and Laura Baxter, a married couple recovering from the loss of their daughter, a tragedy they can still feel haunting their memory as if it were only the day before. Christine plays outside, John Jr. rides on his bike. John and Laura sit around the…

• bulletproofQpid

Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 20 Sep, 2014

If anything, I actually like this movie less now than I did the first time. It all just seems so ridiculous. My girlfriend felt the same way.

• rycar88

★★★★★ Added by rycar88

A supernatural thriller like no other, "Don't Look Now" drowns itself in dread from the very start, opening with shots revealing a little girl drowning in a pond outside of her parents' home. The father, sensing something is wrong, runs out right after the fact to pull his deceased daughter from the pool. From here the movie begins its descent into suffocating madness; John and Laura (the parents) relocate to Venice to remove themselves from this tragedy and move on…

• Sarah Jane

★★★★ Watched by Sarah Jane 13 Sep, 2014 5

I watched this film at work last weekend. As I was about to review it, the lovely Aaron beat me to it. There is no point in my trying to write about it because his review is far superior than anything I could even attempt to type out here.

I will say, however, Julie Christie is so very lovely. Also, I wish they had dressed Donald Sutherland in something other than what he was wearing during the final scene because he just looked like Tom Baker running around in an episode of Doctor Who.

Please, check out Aaron's masterful review here letterboxd.com/arbogast1960/film/dont-look-now/

• Terry

★★★★ Watched by Terry 15 Sep, 2014

Captures the cold sterility and surreal uneasiness of Venice through foreign eyes