• Anthony Rebro

★★★★ Rewatched by Anthony Rebro 28 Jul, 2015

Venice has never looked as eerie as it does in this film. A very interesting mystery with a great ending.

• AndrewJS

★★★½ Watched by AndrewJS 27 Jul, 2015 2

Talk about sensory overload. The film has quite a lot to offer, but the ride is such a tailspin, it's too hard to digest al at once. And I'm not quite sure I'll ever return to such an unpleasant experience.

• Hank Russell

★★★★½ Watched by Hank Russell 27 Jul, 2015

Everything is doomed from the beginning, but true to the film's thesis, even doom isn't what it seems. It really reminds me of Lynch's Fire Walk With Me in that sense.

• Dead Moon Night

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dead Moon Night 27 Jul, 2015

"Nothing can take the place of the one that's gone."

A couple looses their young daughter in a tragic drowning accident. They take time to grieve in Venice while the husband works on restoring an old church when they meet two older sisters that tells them that their daughter is alright on the other side, but they also come with a warning...

I've only seen Don't Look Now once on a shitty dvd and I've been waiting to give it…

• Liam Underwood

★★★½ Rewatched by Liam Underwood 26 Jul, 2015 1

Don't Look Now is undeniably a classic, but (there had to be a but) it's not the sort of film I can readily return to. It leaves a lasting impression, but it isn't so enthralling that I find myself yearning to revisit. It's certainly an interesting film with excellent performances from Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland, and I do like the giallo influence that can be felt, and of course certain scenes are iconic... but it's also quite a slow film. Definitely worth watching, indisputably influential, yet somehow lacking.

• HP_Lovecat

★★★ Watched by HP_Lovecat 25 Jul, 2015 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I must have missed something frightening, creepy, or unnerving about this. It might be general desensitization, but I expected more. In fact, none of it was really surprising, but that's what I get for analyzing every possible direction this film could go in. However, there is excellent use of setting, camerawork, and the performances are extremely believable (John and Laura felt like a real couple). I must say though; Roeg's misdirection is to be applauded. I do however question the…

• Nathan West

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan West 19 Jul, 2015

The sex scene in this between Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie is one of the best in cinema history. Not because it's sexy or erotic, which I would say it is not, but because of the intimacy of the scene, the way the two characters are connected in that moment. The editing in this sequence is spectacular, the intercutting of the couple getting dressed afterwards is amazing, adding to the playfulness of their love making and underscoring the intimacy of the scene.

Mesmerizing, atmospheric and spooky, not to mention the shocking and iconic ending, this is one of Roeg's best films, maybe his masterpiece.

• Zane Timonina

★★★★ Watched by Zane Timonina 24 Jul, 2015

The more I think about what I just saw, the more I realize how frightening Nicholas Roeg's film actually is. Even though Don't Look Now doesn't really fit into horror genre, Roeg somehow manages to create an atmosphere so terrifying that it hunts you long after end credits. Venice has never been more dreadful (well, except for Death in Venice). Editing techniques are admirable.

• AJ Robinson

★★★★★ Added by AJ Robinson

An spine tingling tale that will leave you speechless. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Mike Sharples

★★★★ Watched by Mike Sharples 22 Jul, 2015 2

Wait... Who was that wrinkly old woman again?

• kylepsmith

★★★★ Rewatched by kylepsmith 18 Jul, 2015

A different experience watching the sparkling Criterion blu, mainly because the excitement that I'M FINALLY WATCHING DON'T LOOK NOW had worn off. Way less impressive this second time - I was really bothered by the dubbing in a lot of scenes - but I admire how Roeg tries a lot of editorial tricks, many of which flop but those that click are really effective. Really, it's a messy movie that succeeds because of its assembly, particularly the last 15 minutes.

• Al Burton

★★½ Watched by Al Burton 23 Jun, 2015

I feel like I've missed something with this considering the almost universal praise the film receives. Sure, the ending was creepy but it's also a bit of a cheap way out. Overall, a bit all over the place for me.