• Chris Upson

★★★★½ Watched by Chris Upson 22 Apr, 2015

Rare, frightening magic in a bottle. To be cherished

• JimmyDean

★★★★ Watched by JimmyDean 22 Apr, 2015

Incredibly unnerving and strange, feels like a film what will stay with me and slowly grow on me over time. Absolutely love the film aesthetic, coupled with the zooms, editing and strange camera angles.

• Samuel Harris

★★★½ Rewatched by Samuel Harris 23 Apr, 2015

Vibrant and perplexing yet somehow monotonous. The performances from both Christie and Sutherland are brilliant and the film itself looks gorgeous but there's something about it that I just don't like, and I can't put my finger on it. Both times I have come out of it feeling frustrated with what I've seen. Also, if there were awards for best sex scene, this would win them all.

• Martin Jensen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Martin Jensen 22 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Overheard in the toilet afterwards: "why was that red thing killing people?"

Guess I gave this five stars last time I watched it. Sounds about right. Nic Roeg uses zooms and camera movement to develop shots like no other director. And his use of editing is incredible.

This is pure fear and paranoia put on film. Incredible work.

• mdh

★★★ Watched by mdh 20 Apr, 2015

Masterful editing, a sustained atmosphere of dread, a well-rounded depiction of a relationship, and dealing in all sorts of themes that should bring heft along with them, this somehow ends up feeling empty and weightless. Quite a disappointment on first viewing.

• Chloe Catchpole

★★★★★ Watched by Chloe Catchpole 20 Apr, 2015 1

Venice provides the uncomfortably eerie backdrop to this iconic tale of grief.

• Ian Campbell

★★★★ Watched by Ian Campbell 19 Apr, 2015

It's not as overt a mind fuck as most David Lynch films, but this reminded me quite a bit of Mulholland Drive. I suspect it will similarly reward repeat viewings.

• Sam C

★★ Watched by Sam C 19 Apr, 2015

Drags on a bit though, doesn't it?
    No seriously, I'm always disappointed when I don't enjoy a well regarded horror film but this is just slow, uninteresting and most of all not scary.

• Beat C

★★★★ Watched by Beat C 19 Apr, 2015

Under the looking glass. (8/10)

• Mark Tinta

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mark Tinta 18 Apr, 2015

Criterion's new Blu-ray makes a perfect film even better. Haunting, devastating, and terrifying in equal measure, DON'T LOOK NOW has only gotten better with age, with Venice displaying a bleak and threatening chilliness that's unforgettable.

The extras on the Criterion set are fascinating, with co-writer Allen Scott mentioning that it was American director Larry Peerce (THE INCIDENT, TWO-MINUTE WARNING). attached in the early pre-production, who first came up with the idea of moving the setting to Venice. Sutherland tells of…

• feedingbrett

★★★ Watched by feedingbrett 19 Apr, 2015 14

Included In Lists:
    Criterion Collection - #745

Review In A Nutshell:

How can one view this once and understand completely the mystery that fogs the outcome of its characters. The frustration that I had with the film's difficult narrative is compensated with entrancing cinematography and editing that constantly evoked thought and curiosity in me. The material never felt dull and performances provided enough intensity and urgency to maintain my attention. Nicolas Roeg is one who provides films that require intense…

• Raghav

★★★½ Watched by Raghav 17 Apr, 2015

Such an interesting story line for its time.

You will definitely enjoy it.