• AvenueDave

★★½ Watched by AvenueDave 18 Oct, 2014

After Laura and John Baxter lose their only child in a horrible drowning, they are greeted by strange sightings of her throughout their everyday lives. When two old ladies approach them in Italy with news that their daughter may still be alive, it seems too good to be true. Perhaps it is...

Movie #146

My 2 Cents: First off...the above description is just wrong. The daughter is not alive. One of the old ladies is psychic and claims she can…

• Breanna Justice

★★★★ Watched by Breanna Justice 01 Aug, 2013

I watched this while going through emotional troubles that at the time I didn't even realize were there. Rewatched it with a group of peers months later and had to leave the room in tears because it struck such a strange chord in me. The latter half of 2013 was just a bad time for me and it's obvious if you've been reading my reviews.

• Ross McRae

★½ Watched by Ross McRae 19 Oct, 2014

Film#20 of Hoop-Tober
    Letterboxd files this under three genres: Drama, Suspense, Horror. Well it certainly is a drama, first box ticked. It certainly is suspenseful, the first 5-10 minutes sucks you in completely, from then on your on the edge of your seat...waiting for anything to happen. I guess it also ticks the horror box, as I was terrified...that I might die from boredom.

• Vincent Mollica

★★★★ Watched by Vincent Mollica 17 Oct, 2014

Was very lucky to see a BFI 35mm print of this at the UW Cinematheque. I mention this only because a little part of me thinks that's the only way this movie could ever be seen. So much of it, from the elusive nature of the narrative to, more obviously, Roeg's use of discoloration and emulsion imagery feel like its referring specifically to the medium that you're watching it on. An incredibly moving, immersive experience.

• Ben O

★★★★½ Watched by Ben O 19 Oct, 2014

As part of my 'Ben's first World Tour' project: Britain

Finally I know what Von Trier's Antichrist would have been like had it not been so indulgent and manipulative and disgusting. Man, Nicholas Roeg was a fucking genius. He used every filmic ingredient at his disposal to build on the universal psyche of his films which resulted in some of the most visceral, unsettling and uncomfortable experiences in cinema's arsenal. There is an incredible cohesion between all the parts in…

• Baz Film

★★★½ Watched by Baz Film 19 Oct, 2014

Film 15 of #31DaysofHorror.

• John Jay

★★★★½ Watched by John Jay 17 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Steve Grzesiak

★★★★ Watched by Steve Grzesiak 12 Oct, 2014 3

The Road To Halloween - Eliminating The Horror 'Classics'

File this one under 'I had the ending spoiled years ago but still thought this was great'.

This film should be called Do Look Now. You can't miss anything that happens here. It's not just because you may miss a vital clue as to what is going on, but you could just miss something amazing. Right from the outset this film is littered with ingenious adjoining shots and bits of imagery…

• kroogah

★★ Watched by kroogah 28 Sep, 2014

Suffers from boring, pretentious direction. Some scenes are very good, but the original short story packs much more of a punch.

• Lee Kolcz

★★★½ Watched by Lee Kolcz 10 Oct, 2014

Pretty disturbing. But the sex scene...was...fun? Maybe I didn't get the full effect cause it was edited for television but it was weird. Shoutout to the dwarf lady. Unrelated to the sex scene.

• KerryMaxwell

★★★★½ Watched by KerryMaxwell 09 Oct, 2014

Virtuoso psychological ghost story cum giallo that will have you seeing red. I can't think of another film that had me in awe at a scene of art restoration.

• Robert Humanick

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Humanick 10 Oct, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.