• Declan Hayes

★★½ Watched by Declan Hayes 28 Aug, 2015

Apparently a Horror Classic. I don't concur. I'm quite happy to disregard the age of the film and how this plays out when you consider things like cinematography. But the story is disjointed, the scene changes are clunky and at a very base level, it isn't 'horrific' on any level. Many films from this time period still hold their ability to scare, in some shape or form, but his one did nothing for me.

• lara

★★★★½ Watched by lara 27 Aug, 2015

i think upon rewatch my rating will probably increase by half a star - i loved SO much about this, but the ending took me out of it a little. it's the kind of film that feels as if everything about it has been crafted with immense levels of attention to detail and even though i couldn't quite get my head around it the fact it was so well made allowed me to enjoy it (and by 'enjoy it' i mean 'be entirely terrified by it and now want to go to bed slightly less')

• Jack Keane

★★★★★ Watched by Jack Keane 25 Aug, 2015

"Nothing is what it seems."

***

There are many times during the course of 'Don't Look Now' where its style makes it look perilously close to being a terribly post-produced mess of a film.

And yet you also get the sense that, with Nicolas Roeg at the helm, there are no accidents, and that everything you see and hear onscreen is exactly the way he wanted it to be seen and heard.

So then you start to question why everything…

• thezoomfilmblog

★★★★½ Rewatched by thezoomfilmblog 25 Aug, 2015

A technical marvel with some of the most interesting editing and sound mixing I have come across in a while. Some amazing performances and sequences, however I could not but feel somewhat distant form the proceedings by the ending.

• rachel

★★★★★ Watched by rachel 25 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

ICONIC

one of the most hysterical casual throat slashings in film history

• Luke Compton

★★★★ Watched by Luke Compton 24 Aug, 2015

A winding and twisty film that uses imagery and sound to dazzle the viewer.

I was fascinated by the jarring editing. When the film got nuts, you really knew it. Great cinematography on show here.

The story was interesting. You never really knew where it was going. There was a hint of The Sixth Sense there, and it really utilized enigmas well.

I can see why it's regarded as a classic. I liked some aspects of it a heck of a lot.

• Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez

★★★★ Watched by Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez 22 Aug, 2015

Wow, todo es tan azaroso/intuitivo y en el final se arma todo, que final!

• Nick C

★★★★½ Watched by Nick C 14 Aug, 2015 3

I don't think I have ever had so many chills run down my spine at once than during the ending scene of Don't Look Now. I had never heard anything about this ending and had never seen any images from it, so it was probably one of the scariest things I have ever seen in a movie. (I'm really going to miss being able to sleep at night.) The film is actually much more of an intimate psychological family drama…

• Daniel Rodriguez

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Rodriguez 13 Aug, 2015 1

Fun Fact: Don't Look Now is called "Bloody Winter in Venice" in Brazil.

I have been hearing about Don't Look Now since ever, even though I never knew its plot. In fact, I am still not sure if I know.

The beginning is fantastic, especially the water-mirror sequence, it's a thing of sheer beauty. The ending is completely mind blowing; some crazy imagery and an utterly bizarre resolution are enough to put that movie into the Horror genre for sure.…

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★★★★ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

This is definitely a slow burn, but one hell of moody, atmospheric thriller with an ending you'll never forget.

• Hooded Justice

Rewatched by Hooded Justice 06 Aug, 2015

"DON’T LOOK NOW takes full advantage of the fractured editing style that had been a hallmark of Roeg’s features starting with 1970’s PERFORMANCE, co-directed with Donald Cammell. In spite of its heavy use of flash-forwards, flashbacks, and seemingly unconnected inserts, though, DON’T LOOK NOW is Roeg at his most accessible."

Full review at One Perfect Shot: oneperfectshotdb.com/review/criterion-blu-ray-review-dont-look-now-1973/

• George Reed

★★★★ Rewatched by George Reed 06 Apr, 1997

I first saw this in my "Film as Literature" class in college. Strangely pulp title for such an atmospheric film.