• bradhanford

★★★★★ Watched by bradhanford 22 Nov, 2015

One of the most stunning examples of editing to create a mood/psychological state I've ever seen. Sutherland and Christie are great, as is the evocation of Venice as a decaying graveyard. A powerful, terrifying rumination on loss and paranoia.

• Bob Rutiger

★★★★½ Watched by Bob Rutiger 22 Nov, 2015

I don't even know where to start when it comes to 'Don't Look Now'.

- The cinematography, editing, and visuals are astounding

- The atmosphere created is incredible

- This movie features one of the most ridiculous sex scenes ever

- When people say it's a horror movie, you'll have to adjust your idea of horror

- The finale is branded into the back of my head, and will remain there until the end of time

It's inventive, unique, and…

• Joe Dreshar

★★★★½ Watched by Joe Dreshar 22 Nov, 2015

There's a sense of dread through the whole movie and you don't see the end coming until it's on top of you. The foreshadowing is fantastic, because it all seems so obvious in retrospect.

• Stafford Vaughan

★★½ Watched by Stafford Vaughan 21 Nov, 2015

I honestly have no idea why this is considered a masterpiece and a classic, while it has some creepy aspects to it. Overall the movie falls flat.

• gameboyman5

★★★★ Added by gameboyman5

• Jean Lune

★★★★½ Watched by Jean Lune 18 Nov, 2015

Haven't seen a horror film so great in a long time

• Alex

★★★★ Watched by Alex 18 Nov, 2015

I know it's going to sound like I'm just ripping off the entire Criterion supplements for this but this has some of the best editing of all time. Every cut is hiding something, and throughout the film it slowly reveals more and more. The slow burn is probably more palpable than any other film I've ever seen.

• TJ Duane

★★★★★ Rewatched by TJ Duane 12 Nov, 2015

No one edits like Roeg.

• Nick van Lieshout

★★★★ Watched by Nick van Lieshout 11 Nov, 2015

DON'T LOOK NOW is not a horror film in the traditional sense. There are no jump scares, no psycho killers, and its supernatural elements are not presented in an overtly fantastical manner. Instead, the film is horrifying for its themes alone, which include loss, grief, and guilt. Director Nicolas Roeg further transcends the usual tropes of the genre by employing various flashbacks and flashforwards, keeping with the theme of precognition while also altering the viewer's perception of what is going on.

• Sam Denyer

★★★ Watched by Sam Denyer 11 Nov, 2015

Cool ideas, style and setting, but God it drags. I've got a feeling it'll benefit from repeat viewings, but I can't say that I found it to be the masterpiece I was hoping it to be.

• otxjunior

★★★★ Rewatched by otxjunior 09 Nov, 2015

Do you remember when Don't Look Now happened behind Reese Witherspoon at the Oscars?

• Patrick Dunham

★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Dunham 08 Nov, 2015

This film lends itself extremely well to a second viewing: I picked up on the many small elements of production design/costuming/dialogue which signaled the turning of the psychological tide. As in his other films (Walkabout stands out) Roeg instills a pervading psychosis into his protagonists who find that their worlds are not exactly as they seem. His construction of the environment’s mysticism is legendary, most especially considering that Venice is the perfect locale for this treatment with its many cattycorners…