• Matt Gibbons

★★★½ Watched by Matt Gibbons 24 Apr, 2016

Don't Look Now reads as an incredibly dense and layered film using the horror/thriller genre as a vehicle to purvey its confoundingly lofty ideas. A visually stunning and engrossing film it is, it's also a lot to try and frustratingly unpack. It's a story that practically entices you to define it, but intentionally doesn't give you the satisfaction of having a concrete answer to what it all means. A lot of great horror stems from this fear of the unknown,…

• David A

★★★½ Watched by David A 20 Apr, 2016

I definitely expected to like this more than I did. Might enjoy this more on a rewatch though.

• wanaka

★★★ Added by wanaka

Unlike Eisenstein, who suggests shots are linked, he says, Roeg and Clifford put together shots that might be linked. We are always as uncertain as John Baxter about the connections between what he sees, what exists, what will exist, what does not exist. r.ebert

• Sarah Z.

★★★½ Watched by Sarah Z. 18 Apr, 2016 2

A strange, disorienting adaptation of a strange little story from DuMaurier. Overlong, 90 minutes would have done the job just fine, but it worked. Finally seeing that famous sex scene and finding out it's accompanied by sad hulk type music was pretty great.

• Gabe Godoi

★★½ Watched by Gabe Godoi 16 Apr, 2016

Act I = .5 star
    Act II = 3 stars
    Act 3 = 5 stars

So my 2.5 is deceptive, but necessary.

• funsohng

Watched by funsohng 14 Apr, 2016

Ingenious editing elevates what might have been just an average thriller into a genuinely incredible cinematic achievement with an irresistibly eerie atmosphere.

• Derek Godin

★★★★½ Watched by Derek Godin 14 Apr, 2016

Red = dead

• Cliff Galiher

★★★★ Watched by Cliff Galiher 24 Mar, 2014

SAW: in Norris Theatre (for 201)

• Höddi

★★★★ Watched by Höddi 10 Apr, 2016 2

A lot more of Donald Sutherland moaning than I expected.

• OMC

★★★★ Added by OMC 1

The ending is so ridiculous and scary, you've got to respect a decision like that. But it does almost ruin what up till that point is a flawless and complex film. The drowning is one of the weirdest and most beautiful scenes I have ever seen.

• Niva

★★★ Watched by Niva 08 Apr, 2016

girando graciosamente

• Ben Cornish

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Cornish 13 Jul, 2014

The first 8 mins is a mini masterpiece in it's own right.

This film has finally clicked with me, this being my 3rd viewing.