• Zachary Beckler

★★★★½ Watched by Zachary Beckler 27 Aug, 2015

Wonderful journey through the history of cinema using Dracula as a conduit.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, Starring Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins. It was a great experience indeed to watch this one of grand version on Dracula, after Nosferatu The Symphony of Horror, Nosferatu The Vampyre, Dracula (original). Gary Oldman gives as usual one of his best performances, which keeps the level of thrill and horror in the film on the top-level.

• orbit4l

★★★½ Watched by orbit4l 11 Feb, 1993

An intense & massive tapestry of damnation, desire & blood worthy of the literary legend and (amongst other things) a strong score by Wojciech Kilar.

• Mario Rabelo

★★ Rewatched by Mario Rabelo 26 Aug, 2015 3

Uma estrela pela baranguice do filme e uma estrela pelo Keanu Reeves velho.

Cristo, que filme ruim.

• TJ Duane

★★★★ Rewatched by TJ Duane 23 Aug, 2015

I pretty much doubled this with 2015's What We Do in the Shadows. It was actually a good choice.

The high drama and gothic romance of this film fits perfectly with Coppola's over-the-top visuals. He is in control of his film, even with the hammy acting. It is high opera, in a way, with exaggerated emotions that work to get to the gothic distortions of emotions we all contain within our hysteric selves.

We all can get seduced by this sort of thing every once in a while, much as Mina and Lucy do with the Count himself.

• Guilherme Semionato

★★ Watched by Guilherme Semionato 23 Aug, 2015

Once upon a time, I promised myself never to see a Baz Luhrmann film again. I broke that promise unknowingly.

• Lucas Marmol

★½ Watched by Lucas Marmol 23 Aug, 2015

My goodness, what a fucking disaster.

Everyone but Hopkins gives bad performances and the plot is atrocious, we don't know why things are happening until almost 2/3 through this 130 minutes movie.

the sound editing was good, I guess.

• ndoane

★★★ Watched by ndoane 20 Jun, 2015

The movie became much more interesting when I realized that all the effects were being done in camera. But that was more of a technical respect than it was enjoyment of the movie.

I of course liked Oldman. Was kind of indifferent on Ryder. And I continue to not like Hopkins. Also, this isn't one of Reeves better casting choices.

• Matty Stanfield

★★★½ Rewatched by Matty Stanfield 15 Nov, 1992

I'm pretty sure the actual title of this infamous movie is "Bram Stoker's Dracula." However, it is really isn't. This is more "Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula."

This film is a lush, violent, often stunningly beautiful and unintentionally comical. Despite all of it's many flaws, there is some strange cinematic magic brewing here.

While the movie seems to be aching to be a true literary adaptation, it actually only manages to pull a few forgotten details with plenty of additions from…

• Matthew Lumb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Lumb 14 Aug, 2015

An unashamed five star fucker.

• Gibnerd

★★★★ Rewatched by Gibnerd 05 Aug, 2015

chances are you've seen this odd duck before and chances are you probably already have a strong opinion on it either going in either an extreme love or hate direction. so here are just some thoughts i had while rewatching this for the first time in many years.

-it would NEVER get made today. This is like a strange Coppola erotic dream mixed with some Sam Raimi inspired blasts of horror wildness. No studio would ever give a director that…

• panvaneer

★★★½ Watched by panvaneer 20 Jul, 2012

Utterly absurd & baroque take on the mythos. Very enjoyable. Reeves' accent is utterly horrid, though.