• alf025237

★★★★★ Added by alf025237

mais uma maravilhosa adaptação de Bram Stoker. Gary Oldman como Drácula ficou sensacional. um clássico.

• themis1994

★★★½ Watched by themis1994 21 Nov, 2014

Uneven.
    This is the one word that perfectly describes a movie like Dracula.

Dracula,is based for its most part on the original Bram Stoker's novel and manages to be one of its most faithful adaptations to date.It is essentialy the story of the doomed prince Vlad,who comes back from the war against the Turcs victorious,only to find that his young wife has commited suicide,on behalf of false news about him being dead.Vlad being unable to grasp how God could let…

• Jack Caulfield

★★ Watched by Jack Caulfield 20 Nov, 2014

Francis Ford Coppola is seemingly a filmmaker of extremes. His works tend to go from exceptionally good, to extraordinarily bad and rarely falter between. His adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula unfortunately veers into the extraordinarily bad portion of his work, combining horrible miscasting with woeful accents and clunky storytelling. It does look great (the costumes are incredible) but for all of Coppola's clear love of the source material, the end result falls disappointingly flat. Poor Keanu is all I can say.

• Fitzers227

★★★ Watched by Fitzers227 14 Nov, 2014

There's some very cool production design and some great camera work from Coppola. And if you're willing to go there with them, there's a lot of fun to be had with the film. It definitely takes itself too seriously, but that's almost part of the enjoyment. Gary Oldman is at his most Gary Oldmaniest. And I finally have a deeper appreciation for Dracula, Dead and Loving It.

• cinemixer

★★½ Watched by cinemixer 17 Nov, 2014

~01:00

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 06 Feb, 2010

Caught this again on Blu-Ray. Francis Ford Coppola's version of Dracula might be starting to show it's age, but remains one of the most definitive versions of the story, as it mirrors the source material very closely. Gary Oldman delivers one of his most memorable performances as Dracula, blending evil, love, sorrow, and pain with skill. Anthony Hopkins entertains as his nemesis, Van Helsing. The sumptuos visual design is art of the highest order, Eiko Ishioka's costume design is beatiful,…

• Tea and a Movie

★★ Watched by Tea and a Movie 15 Nov, 2014

I ordain two stars for Sir Anthony Hopkins' line "I just want cut off her head and remove her heart".

• Mr. Film

★★★★½ Watched by Mr. Film 15 Nov, 2014

Well, I guess my only complaints about "Dracula" is Keanu Reeves' performance and Gary Oldman's haircut.

• Kris

★★★★ Rewatched by Kris 13 Nov, 2014

This is Francis Ford Coppola's love letter to cinema.

Sure the acting isn't great. Not sure why Keanu Reeves is the one that's usually singled out when this film is critiqued. I don't think there is a "good" performance here. There are over the top ones, and there are monotonous ones. But don't criticize Winona Ryder please. She is so beautiful and innocent. (except for the kleptomania and all)

Anyway, Coppola pulls out every trick in the book. Some effects…

• Brian Scofield

★★★★ Watched by Brian Scofield 08 Nov, 2014

Surprised to find, as this is my first adult viewing of the film, how entertaining I found the updated classical style and how emotional I found the (Dracula's) love story.

• BreefEncounter

★★★★ Rewatched by BreefEncounter 09 Nov, 2014

The alternative title to this film could have been:
    "Francis Ford Coppola's Love Letter to Silent Cinema"

This cast is so 1992, it's kind of incredible.

• Matt G

★★½ Watched by Matt G 09 Nov, 2014

The most popular film of 1992 that I had not seen

How did Keanu Reeves ever work again after this performance? That aside, the film worked pretty well - good back story and good action sequence to finish. Anthony Hopkins is in everything.