• Marna Larsen

★★★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I know I should probably say something in this review that does not involve my crush on Anthony Hopkins. Um, for some reason (that defies logic) my mom would not let me watch The Body Guard or Pretty Woman but this one was perfectly okay. I was into melodrama that summer (books where people accidentally end up married to their cousin/uncle/sibling) so I really loved this movie.

However, looking at it now, I can't help but wish I had not…

• Matt Curione

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Curione 28 Feb, 2015

Francis Ford Coppola's mastery of captivating visuals are in full force in this great adaptation of Bram Stoker's novel.

Though weakened by a sub-par Keanu Reeves performance, everything else on display is aces. From Gary Oldman's now iconic portrayal of Count Dracula to a delightfully unhinged Van Helsing in the form of Anthony Hopkins, this is a treasure trove of horror.

Featuring still impressive practical effects and a cornucopia of in-camera techniques, Dracula comes highly recommended.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 10 Jan, 1993

An intriguing interpretation of the myth, well cast and effectively crafted by Coppola, making for a truly unsettling experience, no doubt his aim. Gary Oldman is fantastic here, and with Hopkins they lend the film its class despite the presence of Keanu and Ryder, their mere presence threatening the audience's full immersion into the film's period. And the haunting score certainly adds to the mood.

• Julian Towers

★★★★½ Added by Julian Towers

This film is everything.

• Bruno Dias

★★★★ Watched by Bruno Dias 27 Feb, 2015

LOVE NEVER DIES.

Um filme que mostra o verdadeiro Dracula!

• Haystack Sr.

★★★★ Watched by Haystack Sr. 26 Feb, 2015

So many people have tried telling me that Coppola genuinely had no clue what he was doing when he directed this adaption of Bram Stoker's quintessential literary brain-child, yet after seeing the film for myself and doing some research into the overall vision as it was before the cameras started rolling, the only thing I'm convinced of is that the American moviegoer at large just isn't used to the kind of bigger sensation that the filmmaker is attempting to achieve.…

• Devyel

★★★½ Watched by Devyel 26 Feb, 2015

Film bello e molto affascinante, soprattutto se si tiene in considerazione l'anno in cui è stato girato. Mi è piaciuta molto la storia d'amore tormentato ben rappresentata e alcune scene dal fascino seduttivo che nei film degli ultimi tempi sembra essersi perso chissà dove. Tuttavia in alcuni punti l'ho trovato un po' lento e confusionario (ho perso il filo in alcune parti) ma più che tollerabile per un film molto complesso per quegli anni :)

• Jantine Zandbergen

★★★★ Rewatched by Jantine Zandbergen 22 Feb, 2015 1

There's a first time for everything and this was my first time NOT watching this from VHS. Hah! I was in love with this film in my early teens, and still enjoyed it a lot. However, the acting skills of Keanu Reeves (or better: the lack of acting skills) make his scenes a bit too cheesy. Nevertheless still worth watching, and one of my favourite vamp-films.

• Jay Rosenkrantz

★★★½ Added by Jay Rosenkrantz

Haunting and bloody romance drenched in old school filmmaking sensibilities that prove crazy entertaining. A visual feast.

• Mika

Added by Mika

#ciao

• skofer

★★★★½ Watched by skofer 16 Feb, 2015

Hasn't aged super well. Still a great film.

• Thomas Ballard

★★★½ Watched by Thomas Ballard 10 Feb, 2015

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Film #9 of the February Movie Challenge : Keanu Reeves or Bust!
    letterboxd.com/theuzireview/list/february-movie-challenge-keanu-reeves-or/
    ____________________________________________________________

I'm not really sure what too say about this. It was a pretty good movie.