• mtsiapas

★★★★★ Added by mtsiapas

BEST DRACULA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sam

★★★★ Watched by Sam 27 Sep, 2014

If you only see one vampire film this Halloween season, see 1931's "Dracula" starring Bela Lugosi. If you see two, you should also watch Francis Ford Coppola's "Bram's Stoker's Dracula".
    It's basically an update to the 1931 classic. I'm not one of those film snobs who always argues the original is better than the remake, but it is in this case. That's not to say, however, that the film is unnecessary like so many remakes and sequels that come out…

• Brian Smyth

★★★ Watched by Brian Smyth 06 Dec, 2014

Kind of a triumph of cinematography and traditional visual effects.

• David Germer

★★ Watched by David Germer 24 Sep, 2014

Coppola REALLY wants to make sure that we see that he’s after big things, here.

I had one of those completely bizarre movie-watching weeks, where I randomly (well, based on what was about to be removed from Netflix streaming) watched two entirely unrelated movies that shared so much in common: watched this the night after watching Michael Mann's The Keep. Actually would make for a pretty fascinating (and hellish/weird and dark creature) double-bill...

• Catherine Sticco

★★★★½ Added by Catherine Sticco

A sorely underrated and creative rendition of Dracula. Gary Oldman captivates with a truly unique Dracula that remains inimitable.
    The many forms of the count (green fog, large wolf, beat monster, horde of rats) heavily reference the book, and it's a delight to see them on screen. The monster suits and makeup are expertly done and remarkably chilling.

Keeanu Reeves' performance is humorous at best, his accent seeming to drop about halfway through the movie. No matter, his clueless bungling is fun to watch as the sinister (and strangely sympathetic) Dracula takes the spotlight for the film.

Do watch.

• Michael Sy A Foek

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Sy A Foek 28 Nov, 2014

Re-visiting Bram Stoker’s Dracula was so much fun! And I forgot how good this movie was. With the exception of some minor facets, I really loved this film.

For me, Gary Oldman’s Dracula is the absolute star in this film. He was superb. I guess his look is one that will still divide people but for me it totally works. He looks like an evil king. Perfect Dracula material. And he is just magnificent in his wickedly evilness and he…

• alf025237

★★★★★ Added by alf025237

mais uma maravilhosa adaptação de Bram Stoker. Gary Oldman como Drácula ficou sensacional. um clássico.

• themis1994

★★★½ Watched by themis1994 21 Nov, 2014

Uneven.
    This is the one word that perfectly describes a movie like Dracula.

Dracula,is based for its most part on the original Bram Stoker's novel and manages to be one of its most faithful adaptations to date.It is essentialy the story of the doomed prince Vlad,who comes back from the war against the Turcs victorious,only to find that his young wife has commited suicide,on behalf of false news about him being dead.Vlad being unable to grasp how God could let…

• Jack Caulfield

★★ Watched by Jack Caulfield 20 Nov, 2014

Francis Ford Coppola is seemingly a filmmaker of extremes. His works tend to go from exceptionally good, to extraordinarily bad and rarely falter between. His adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula unfortunately veers into the extraordinarily bad portion of his work, combining horrible miscasting with woeful accents and clunky storytelling. It does look great (the costumes are incredible) but for all of Coppola's clear love of the source material, the end result falls disappointingly flat. Poor Keanu is all I can say.

• Fitzers227

★★★ Watched by Fitzers227 14 Nov, 2014

There's some very cool production design and some great camera work from Coppola. And if you're willing to go there with them, there's a lot of fun to be had with the film. It definitely takes itself too seriously, but that's almost part of the enjoyment. Gary Oldman is at his most Gary Oldmaniest. And I finally have a deeper appreciation for Dracula, Dead and Loving It.

• cinemixer

★★½ Watched by cinemixer 17 Nov, 2014

~01:00

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 06 Feb, 2010

Caught this again on Blu-Ray. Francis Ford Coppola's version of Dracula might be starting to show it's age, but remains one of the most definitive versions of the story, as it mirrors the source material very closely. Gary Oldman delivers one of his most memorable performances as Dracula, blending evil, love, sorrow, and pain with skill. Anthony Hopkins entertains as his nemesis, Van Helsing. The sumptuos visual design is art of the highest order, Eiko Ishioka's costume design is beatiful,…