• Alex

★★★★ Added by Alex

Emma Stone tho

• Ryan Hookway

★★ Watched by Ryan Hookway 29 Jun, 2015

Not quite sure what all the fuss is about. Always hear good things about this one, but it came across as a 2nd rate Mean Girls. Both this and Mean Girls cover similar topics, but I think this film does it poorly. It's hard to tell what the hell it's trying to say. Is it that it's okay to be slutty? Or it's bad to lie? Or that it's bad to lie about being slutty...but that's ok? Or that high…

• Bill Shannon

★★ Watched by Bill Shannon 21 Feb, 2011

I was led to believe this would be a higher grade of teen comedy. It had the potential to be early one, with a fetching Emma Stone wisecracking her way through high school. Eventually, it has to lose its bearing and resort to over-the-top, cartoonish scenes -- notably an excruciating faux sex scene with her bay friend -- and bad performances, notably by Kudrow and Bynes.

The premise (along with some belaboured parallels to "The Scarlet Letter") wears thin after…

• ravingponies

★★½ Watched by ravingponies 27 Jun, 2015

There's something about characters who smugly comment on the action especially in a meta way that is wearing thin for me. The novelty is gone. Or maybe the character just comes off as the voice of a condescending screenwriter going off on cliches while employing those same cliches instead of writing into existence a complicated, living and breathing human being...maybe it's just lazy writing.

Aside from that, God bless Stanley Tucci.

• Bennett Malcolmson

Rewatched by Bennett Malcolmson 24 Jun, 2015

Easy A has all the making of a teen movie classic. It's smart, funny, and has a fairly contructive message on the perils of highschool image. All of this comes together under the charming performance of Emma Stone. Easy A will easily go down in the annals of pop culture as one of the great highschool comedies.

• Christopher Tennant

★★★½ Watched by Christopher Tennant 24 Jun, 2015

Screenplay was really witty, but sometimes having so many 100% witty characters cheapened the experience for me and as a result it never really elevated past being a *really good screenplay.* Like, I couldn't help but picture the character headings and dialogue written on the page as I watched the movie.

Also, somebody just loves nuking Emma Stone's hair with light.

• mcmully

★★★★★ Added by mcmully

Emma Stone💜

• Michael Herrington

★★★★ Watched by Michael Herrington 22 Jun, 2015

A reminder of just how good Emma Stone is. Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson are hilarious in their few scenes as the parents you would love to grow up to be.

• james

★★★ Watched by james 22 Jun, 2015 1

i laughed at all the dad jokes

• Alex Farah

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Farah 21 Jun, 2015

My breakfast needed a companion. A lot of people hate me now. I kinda hate me too.

• Desbarrancadero

★★ Watched by Desbarrancadero 11 Jun, 2015

Solo el hecho de ver a Emma Stone pudo hacer viable el soportar a una adolescente quejarse por dos horas. Si bien supongo que se le deben de dar puntos por intentar sacar al tema la libertad sexual de las mujeres no deja de ser una película nada graciosa y aburrida.

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Gehman 20 Jun, 2015

I'm a sucker for high school comedy/dramas like this. So I'm not surprised that I liked Easy A. What is surprising is that on a second viewing I liked it a lot more than the first time.

The plot itself is fine enough. One little lie turns a girl (Emma Stone) into the the girl that will have sex with anybody--for a price. Kind of. That's the perception and, as always, reality is much different.

As her reputation spirals and…