• Matt

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt 25 Jul, 2015 3

If John Green wrote a John Hughes movie, this is what I'd imagine it'd resemble. Emma Stone is flawless in the titular role (this performance also catapults her to the top of my Brilliant Performances list as the actor with the most inclusions). Special mention to my bae Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson as literally the best parents on Earth.

• Raul Marques

★★★★ Rewatched by Raul Marques 26 Jul, 2015

(Write apparently negative reviews of movies I really like it's great)

The characters are caricatures. The voice-over is mandatory. The dialog is like if Airplane was written by John Green as a Judd-Apatow-produced sitcom. I don't have anything bad to say about Emma Stone. Or Stanley Tucci.

• Andrew Knight

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Knight 24 Jul, 2015

There are elements that rub me the wrong way - the webcam confessional, the narration in general, and the witty retorts can begin to grate - but boy, the appeal of all the major performances wins the day: Emma Stone, Patricia Clarkson, Lisa Kudrow, Stanley Tucci, Thomas Hayden Church, and even Penn Badgley. Just short of the quality of Mean Girls and Clueless, but pretty close.

• amilesmck

★★ Rewatched by amilesmck 25 Jul, 2015

Despite the charismatic cast and some tight writing, the ultimate message (despite whatever intended) comes off less "slut-shaming people is bad" and more "slut-shaming people, who aren't actually having sex, is bad." It's bad, because she doesn't deserve it. This coupled with talk about how awful it is to be "feeling like a whore" and how her mother slept with lots of people when she was younger (including women *chuckle chuckle*) on account of her "low self-worth", it's a right mess.

• Alex Vaughan

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Vaughan 24 Jul, 2015

It was while watching this film that I realised Emma Stone was gonna be around for a while. She really follows the advice of Penn Dayton Badgley's character, Woodchuck Todd, to "stay excellent"!

This film is hilarious and nowhere near enough people have seen it!

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

Easy A is a different type of comedy. It has an interesting and funny concept, and a great cast.

• Andrew Littler

★★★★★ Watched by Andrew Littler 22 Jul, 2015

Perfect.

• M Kitchell

★★½ Watched by M Kitchell 18 Sep, 2010

Ideologically flawed, like, severely, but enjoyable none-the-less for the teen antics that are just sort of fun to watch.  My problem with it is basically the concept which launches the entire narrative:  our female protagonist tells our gay male protagonist to just, basically, pretend he isn't gay until he gets out of high school so he can avoid being beaten up.  This is the same problem I have with the "It Gets Better" campaign, in the sense that it is…

• LoveofCelluloid

★★★★★ Rewatched by LoveofCelluloid 29 Aug, 2014

The new generation's BREAKFAST CLUB...

Full review located at:
    fortheloveofcelluloid.com/2014/08/29/easy-a-2010/

• amber dawn pullin

★★★★½ Watched by amber dawn pullin 21 Jul, 2015

Absolutely loved this.

• athenap

★★★★½ Added by athenap

holy shit emma stone
    this movie is deep though i love people who likes english literature or just literature

• mfulton