• liampaynes

★★★★★ Added by liampaynes

best.

• calypte

★★★½ Rewatched by calypte 28 Mar, 2015

It's probably a sign of my age, but my favourite bit of this movie - aside from the wonderfully sassy turn from Emma Stone - is the relationship between the smart-as-beans Olive and her supercool parents. I've taken a real liking to this grown-up portrayal of parent-child relationships on screen.

Otherwise, this is a tale of one girl being overly influenced by her class reading of The Scarlet Letter, and landing herself in more of a mess by going along with the gossip rather than fighting it. The spiraling out of control element is done brilliantly.

A fuzzy feel-good movie with half a brain.

• LiteYear

★★½ Watched by LiteYear 29 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A clever premise and good script should have made this a great little feel-good movie. But I didn't like the characters or the line delivery. Talking about the awful characters, Emma Stone's parents were insufferable. It's like being forced to watch Meet the Fockers twice back-to-back. I have no idea how it's possible for a movie to make me dislike Stanley Tucci this much. I have a feeling everything wrong with it is down to the direction. The pacing, the…

• S

★★★★½ Rewatched by S 28 Mar, 2015

On the list with Clueless, Mean Girls and 10 Things I Hate About You when it comes to really great teen movies.

• Ciaran

★★★½ Rewatched by Ciaran 28 Mar, 2015

I feel like it's appropriate to add this to the high school comedy canon. The script is whip-smart, adding a touch of postmodernism in more ways than one, and is earnest without being cloying (something that's a problem in the case of some John Hughes films). Emma Stone is so, so charismatic.

7.9

• Cactus Matt

★★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

A witty script and excellent acting forgives a far removed from reality narrative that borrows heavily from similar films.

• Amanda

★★★★ Watched by Amanda 26 Mar, 2015

It was a cute film and even though there were some moments that made me go through second embrassment / a little cringe worthy, it was still something I'm glad I watched. Emma Stone was the best choice for the lead role because she really made me feel for Olive as a character. Despite the amount of times I wanted to tell Olive enough was enough, in the end (in my opinion) these turns of events were probably necessary for…

• Howway

★★★★★ Watched by Howway 06 Apr, 2014

「透過如此的互文,這兩個差了幾百年的女性角色都經歷了『性』所帶來的汙名化,也同時在劇本演繹之下,領悟或教導其它角色因『性』所背上的壞名並不可恥,真正可惡又可怕的,是人們自詡清高的偽善,與其它被刻意隱瞞以欺騙別人的罪名。此外,兩個作品裡都有道貌岸然的基督徒以基督之名刻意醜化兩位女主角的罪過,最終也步上漫漫的和解過程。當行為與社會道德教訓和宗教教義扯在一塊,事情永遠不只是對與錯、賞與罰而已,那讓事情複雜化與讓人身負重擔的,總是令人難以理解的無頭輿論與深植人心的刻板印象。 」(www.funscreen.com.tw/funclass.asp?FC_ID=236

• Patrick Jensen

★★★ Watched by Patrick Jensen 24 Mar, 2015

Well, that escalated quickly...

Those are the words that would describe this film in the most fitting manner. This is a film that is very over-the-top, even for a film about high school. This film is about a high school girl named Olive who uses the high school rumor mill in order to elevate her status from invisible girl to the resident skank (I'm not being offensive, I am trying to use the tone that the film uses itself).

But…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Consistently hilarious with a lot of big laughs, and proudly modern. If it was longer a few of the subplots could have gotten a little extra development, but as a whole it's a very fun movie with a spectacular lead performance from Emma Stone.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★½ Added by Jamie Rogers

The cast all work well together, it's consistently funny, and it's probably the closest we've come in the past few years to a good old John Hughes-esqe high school comedy.

• Francisco Rosa

★★★★ Rewatched by Francisco Rosa 18 Mar, 2015

Easy A is the definition of a smart, funny mainstream film. A compelling script, confident direction and involved acting by all involved make this one of my favorite comedies of the last ten years. Emma Stone is gold.