• SpiderManWithin

★★½ Added by SpiderManWithin

Elektra is a alright movie. Jennifer Garner is a good Elektra. In this movie Elektra, she is a Assassin for hire. Taking out people, who she gets told to. But she changes with heart. Because of her feelings change the way she feels about hurting and killing people.

That she decides to protect the people, who she was sent to kill. Because of them not being a threat so she guards them from other Killers coming for them. Targets being…

• JohnTyler

★½ Added by JohnTyler

Despite its cast trying their best and Jennifer Garner wearing the classic Elektra costume and rocking the size, this spin-off of 2003's Daredevil suffers from poor writing, the filmmakers' lack of understanding of the title character, and an uninspired, predictable story.

• Paul Ballantine

Rewatched by Paul Ballantine 31 May, 2015

Not even a beautiful looking Jennifer Garner can save this film, very disappointing

• Thiago Lucio Oliveira da Silva

★★ Added by Thiago Lucio Oliveira da Silva

Uma coisa é uma coisa, outra coisa é outra coisa. Quando um filme pretende se basear em outra mídia seja ela uma obra literária, uma peça teatral ou até mesmo uma história em quadrinhos é quase que impossível transferir intacta a idéia original da forma como foi concebida, porém, mesmo assim, é impossível calar a voz dos indignados. Talvez nem seja o caso, mas independente disso as tidas obras intocáveis invariavelmente sofrem adaptações, mudanças e alterações quando são levadas…

• unclenugget

Watched by unclenugget 31 May, 2015 4

Another movie I watched on TV. It's funny remembering Marvel made movies before anyone gave a shit about marvel movies. I never watched it back then cause i didn't think i would enjoy it, i still didn't. Unless constantly asking my sister "What's old Terence Stamp doing?" counts as enjoying it.

• Justin Hullinger

★½ Watched by Justin Hullinger 26 May, 2015

It starts off with a brief confrontation that tries far too hard to establish some sort of cool vibe, then spends the next half-hour on melodramatic "no we mustn't" love story bullcrap when they should be establishing the mythological world that the movie's taking place in. We eventually get to the end where there's a climactic showdown with a villain whose backstory is being shown to us via flashback during the fight. If this movie was halfway competent, they would have let us know who he was beforehand. Incredibly inept writing and heavy-handed stylized direction all around a group of actors that don't seem to care.

• Dirk Massey

★★ Watched by Dirk Massey 25 May, 2015

Scored purely for Jennifer Garner in red leather!

• jynnantonnyx

Watched by jynnantonnyx 09 May, 2015

This is a bad movie but it's no different to any other poorly written, poorly conceived movie. The difference with this is that it's used as the reason why female superhero movies won't work. Two shitty female superhero movies in the same decade and it's "proof" that no one wants them. Ridiculous. Make a good movie and people will watch it.

• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★½ Watched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 02 May, 2015

I can't deny that "Elektra" is entertaining as heck, and Jennifer Garner is good in the role, but it is poorly written, shot, and paced (for the most part). The action sequences are cool, but the visuals are terrible, and the romance that comes into play isn't believable, nor is the chemistry. It isn't there much, but when it is, it bugged me. Overall, "Elektra" is a cash grab, thou it is entertaining at times, and the chemistry between Garner and Prout was nice.
    GRADE: D+

• Andrew Neill

★★ Rewatched by Andrew Neill 05 May, 2014

Watched this as sequel to Daredevil and there is little that connects the films, they used the loosest connections possible and even had to combat death to come up with some sort of supernatural excuse for this film and the whole thing felt totally forced.

• Chris Ward

Watched by Chris Ward 26 Apr, 2015

I was told this was shit... and it was. Oh well, I've seen it now and can have the satisfaction of not watching it again.

• WolfBoy

★½ Watched by WolfBoy 24 Apr, 2015

Garner does well as a believable tough bad-ass, sadly though, the script asks her to do little else. Aside from one decent action set piece, this feels like an extremely under developed film, the characters are underwritten and the story has massive gaping plot holes that makes the entire thing feel like an unfinished piece of work. There's practically zero attempt at fleshing out anything, it's like they couldn't even bothered, which is a shame, because the source material for the Elektra character the film is based on is actually rather good.