• Ed Corcoran

★★★ Watched by Ed Corcoran 22 Mar, 2015

I watched the Director's Cut. I was surprised at how good it was. As an action flick, it's tight and mostly makes sense. It also passes the Bechdel Test, which is still sadly rare in superhero movies.

• Jacob C-S

★★ Watched by Jacob C-S 16 Mar, 2015

Not as awful as expected but not much good either. This is a Marvel film made before the current and 'perfect' formula was nailed down.
    It's fairly dull and the editing and music is distracting so the occasional action falls flat.
    There are also some daft 'super' powers on show too: magic bracelets, lesbian death kisses and magic animal tattoos to name a few.

• Cogerson

★½ Watched by Cogerson 11 Feb, 2015

On my Marvel vs DC movie page cogersonmoviescore.com/marvel-vs-dc-movies-best-to-worst.html this movie is ranked 51st out of 56 movies. So I did not have high expectations for this one. When we last left Jennifer Garner's Elektra she had died in Daredevil. Well in this one she is back from the dead....that is the good news....the bad news she is in a horrible movie! Dumb story, horrible acting by some in the cast that I won't mention because I am a nice guy...predictable twist and turns....and simply a waste of time. Final thought: 51st might be too highly ranked!

• Tony Black

★★ Watched by Tony Black 19 Jan, 2015

Back in the days before Marvel figured out how to market its cinematic universe, it made pictures like Elektra that, looking back, can almost be seen as practice runs for the big show they later put on. Rob Bowman, a successful and creative television director who has never really managed to extend his reach as skilfully on the big screen, takes the reins of this spin-off from Mark Steven Johnson's Daredevil, itself a lacklustre adaptation of a property Marvel are…

• That Girl From Brave

★★★ Added by That Girl From Brave

Elektra had the distinction of being released after Catwoman and Blade Trinity. Compared to those movies, it's a masterpiece, and yet, it's the biggest flop with the Marvel name on it. Fans hated it. Critics trashed it. And very few people paid to see it. I don't know why. Elektra is not THAT bad. It's directed by Rob Bowman, of X-Files fame, and he does a decent job of bringing the character to life. Even though it's Jennifer Garner again,…

• David

½ Added by David

For a movie about a highly skilled and deadly assassin, Elektra is both too useless and too boring. She's so overridden with bland angst that it's a wonder she can even do anything else. It takes itself too seriously. She's riddled with pain and anger, so much so that it renders her the perfect weapon. Except she's constantly loosing and dramatically waking up from nightmares, so she doesn't have a lot of time to be anything other than opressively dour.…

• Lucy

★★ Watched by Lucy 03 Jan, 2015

WOW this was terrible

• loogenhausen

½ Added by loogenhausen

Elektra is without a doubt one of the most disappointing comic book movies ever to be released. Daredevil is a classic compared to the Rob Bowman/Fox directorial failure here. First of all, the entire movie's tone betrays the source material of the comics. Even Daredevil tried to be gritty and fared better. Here, it's just a bunch of bad special effects, poor editing and even poorer martial arts choreography mixed together in a short, choppy and ultimately lifeless muddle of…

• Phil Sternwise

Added by Phil Sternwise 1

Somebody at Marvel was upset that Catwoman was such a "success" so they released this piece of garbage to prove that Marvel was better at making idiotic movies. This remake of the original 1996 film starring Shannon Tweed and has none of the nudity or camp. Like "Catwoman" this idiotic character isn't exactly a 'superhero.'

• eXtreme eVolution

★★½ Watched by eXtreme eVolution 26 Nov, 2011

I preferred Daredevil to this.

• GIGAJJ

Added by GIGAJJ

I thought bad comic book adaptations couldn't get more cringeworthy than Stallone's Dredd and Ghost Rider. I was wrong. After a one week binge of Miller's Daredevil and Elektra runs, seeing one of the coolest female action heroes in fiction history being tarnished by this grade Z debacle feels like a spinning bird kick to the family jewels. Jennifer Garner is horribly, horribly miscast to say the least.

• Adam Klatka

★★★ Rewatched by Adam Klatka 09 Nov, 2014

Jennifer and I watched this as part of our "Watch-All-The-Movies-We-Own-But-Haven't-Seen-Yet series."

It has huge flaws but as a hollow, mindless action film, it delivers.

I own it on DVD because its a comic book film but I don't re-watch it very often because its not a great film. Enjoyable enough.