• JWartel

★★★½ Watched by JWartel 02 May, 2016

A quiet absorbing film. The naturalistic sound and the ever smooth camera is unsettling because we know what is coming. I think I like the structure of this film more than the ideas behind it. The intersecting characters is ever impressive. The final moments are terrifying. "Why are you crying?"

• alealana

★★★½ Watched by alealana 04 May, 2016

I didn't love this movie, but i liked it.
    En la primera hora de la película se nos presenta la vida rutinaria de varios adolescentes en la secundaria, tiene tomas largas donde la cámara sigue a los personajes y donde podemos ver las mismas escenas pero desde la perspectiva de cada uno dándonos la sensación de un pseudo-documetal meramente grabando los eventos y conversaciones que ocurren en el día, pero no se centra en un protagonista, ni existe desarrollo de…

• Matheus Ferreira

★★★★½ Watched by Matheus Ferreira 03 May, 2016

THIS MOVIE IS SO FUCKED UP

• Guilherme Fernandes

★★★★ Watched by Guilherme Fernandes 29 Apr, 2016

Os spoilers são responsáveis por ataques de ira, amizades desfeitas, separações e brigas de família. Destruir a experiência do espectador contando o final de uma história já devia ser crime capital, pessoas que praticam essa maldade deviam pagar por isso.

Mas e se a história que um filme vai contar todo mundo já conhece? O desfecho já não é o principal e mais esperado? Como proceder, como contar essa história? É aí que o talento de um ótimo diretor entra,…

• Justin Robert Vinall

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Robert Vinall 27 Apr, 2016

A haunting piece about the lives of several ordinary people and how that is all suddenly taken away by two others.

"Elephant" deliberately takes its time to explore humanity, the simplicity and complexities of life and showcases a raw reality that is breathtaking to watch.

• Mark Belardo

★★★★★ Added by Mark Belardo

This is not a funny movie. It's not even happy. In fact, I felt depressed to my very soul after seeing it. I love it.

• Evan Douglas

★★★★ Rewatched by Evan Douglas 26 Apr, 2016

Presented on 35mm at the Northwest Film Forum with a discussion about the current state of gun violence in the United States. There are a few moments that shatter the emotional deadpan (the girls purging in the restroom, the kitchen workers smoking pot, the showering scene) and I'm not sure that the film wouldn't be better off without them. What ELEPHANT gets massively, beautifully right is its depiction of high school banality. These are people who know each other, and…

• Florence Mae Espejo

★★★ Watched by Florence Mae Espejo 24 Apr, 2016

Ummmmmm wth America?

• hmankoski

★★★½ Watched by hmankoski 22 Apr, 2016

This movie has some mixed reviews but I actually liked this movie. This is the kind of movie that sticks with you if you are a high school student (like myself). This movie is kind of slow and boring at sometimes but it makes sense, it's like a normal day for these high school students (until it happens). Check this movie out, it's not that bad.

P.s
    If you saw the movie, you know what "it" is

• Giuliano

★★★★½ Watched by Giuliano 24 Apr, 2016

This movie can be described by a few keywords: no climax, implacable, poker-faced, flat.

Overall it's an faithful reconstruction of the danger of american high schools and free access to weapons.

• Jack Munson

★★★★ Watched by Jack Munson 20 Apr, 2016

A haunting, but beautiful movie loosely based on the events of Columbine on April 20th, 1999.

"Elephant" shows a bunch of teenagers going through normal life in high school, all of their stories intersect and play off of each other. We learn more about individual characters and their motives behind certain situations. "Elephant" is also told in a "Pulp Fiction" type style where all of the stories are cut and put out of place, for example there is a part…

• Aron Condorchoa

★★★½ Watched by Aron Condorchoa 19 Apr, 2016

Todavía no eh madurado como crítico, en realidad, estoy muy lejos de hacerlo, de tan siquiera tener una opinión, por ahora solo quiero jugar hearthstone.