• Beatrice Folque

★★★★ Watched by Beatrice Folque 15 Apr, 2014

This is one of the subjects that shocks me the most...I still don't get why this kind of stuff happen!
    But in this film , they don't blame anyone for this..they don't blame the boys' teachers or the boys' parents and mates!

• Ben

Watched by Ben 16 Apr, 2014

Elephant was one of the most interesting cinematic experiences I've had in a long time. My opinion fluctuated from pole to pole during its run time and after it ended. For the first time I dont think I am able to give a definitive star rating. It's clear that it can either be seen as:

1. a boring, painfully slow look at teens walking around through the halls of their school for 5 minutes at a time and eventually leads…

• Luke Pauli

★★★★ Watched by Luke Pauli 18 Apr, 2014

Gus Van Sant is a director who can flit between the mainstream (Good Will Hunting) and the more avant-garde areas of film-making. With Elephant he has made perhaps his best film, with a powerful resonance that will linger long after you have finished viewing it. Almost the entirety of the film is spent observing normal school kids on a normal school day, long takes and steadicam shots follow them around as they do unremarkable things like eat lunch or attend…

• Darren F.

★★★★ Watched by Darren F. 11 Apr, 2014

"Hey, what are you guys doing?"
    "Get the fuck out and don't come back! Some heavy shit's going down!"

Started slow and atmospheric to build up to the suspenseful finale.

Gus Van Sant creates suspense and hysteria through introducing each character one by one, and shifting back and forth through time.

• cineedo
  • Jane Firehorse

★★★½ Rewatched by Jane Firehorse 05 Apr, 2014

The long tracking shots - usually from behind - are very effective at capturing vulnerability; they create an incredibly creepy atmosphere. The film reveals the horror of the banal and the meaninglessness of murder. "Elephant" is a brutal film, with not much of a story; the camera's eye simply "presents" and does not try to "tell." But it's that very flat affect that makes this film so uncomfortable. It defies genre labelling. It's very slow and not for everyone. There's no denying its power but it's awful and depressing.

• BITW

★★★★ Added by BITW

This movie terrifies me so much. I first saw this when I was really little and it didn't affect me as much but once I went into high school and did some research on this movie, I was just scared to watch this movie again and seeming that I have just two months left of high school I decided to watch it again and it was just as scary to me when I first saw it. This time I noticed…

• jwiesele

★★★★ Added by jwiesele

I wasn't in love with the spit ball and bulimia scenes when everything else felt incredibly real. Having said that, I can't think of a more accurate depiction of everyday high school life than Elephant. A legit masterpiece.

• Alex Krajci

★★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 29 Mar, 2014

I Like 2003's Elephant.

• Dnl Crnll

★★★ Added by Dnl Crnll

I don't like too many of Gus Van Sants movies but this one was pretty good.

• Krista Clor

★★★★ Watched by Krista Clor 24 Mar, 2014 1

God, this film is pain-stakingly slow, I almost stopped watching it after more than 30 minutes. There's a lot of walking and nonsense stuff, but then I figured I must have been so used of mainstream films that I can't find the patience to sit my ass for a little less than 90-minutes. It's like I took a drug and I'm waiting for its effects to take me out of this world. I did my best to endure it, almost…

• Dean Jones