• Antonin Monarque

★★★★ Watched by Antonin Monarque 31 Aug, 2014

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe."

I'm shocked right now. I knew how the movie'd end, but I'm still really shocked. I guess what made it even more awful to watch was because of how realistic the movie is. The way it was introduced to us, the acting, the way it was shot. It was really realistic.
    I'm… I don't know. It hit me hard.

• Samuel

★★★★ Watched by Samuel 30 Aug, 2014

I've wanted to see this for a long time. This was just straight up horror. Probably the scariest film I've seen.

• Jon Baum

★★★★½ Watched by Jon Baum 24 Aug, 2014

The use of minimalism works in this story, each of the individual moment's are anticlimactic to a degree, but as you watch an the story expands it all seems bittersweet in a way. The point of view for each shot is great, especially when the perspectives are changed and scenes are revisited. The dramatic build up is suspenseful, the lack of exposer during moments of disorder is brilliant, and the antagonist are depicted perfectly; not as maniacal villains but instead…

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★½ Watched by Josiah Morgan 21 Aug, 2014

Shit.

• SJHoneywell

★★½ Added by SJHoneywell

Wants to offer some
    Insight on high school shootings.
    Kinda does, does not.

• Rodney Sedgwick

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rodney Sedgwick 17 Aug, 2014

''So foul and fair a day I have not seen.''

Gus Van Sant's minimalist form exercise Elephant, is a think-piece and question-raiser in the form of a dreamlike visual poem. He offers up clues that might offer possible motives for two unhinged character's to shoot up a school in Columbine style, but as is the case with any act of violence, our understanding of it is inexplicable, and by not offering any catharsis with his film, he provides a path…

• Joseph Henderson

★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph Henderson 11 Aug, 2014

Very simple. Very powerful.

• Kurt Fabisch

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kurt Fabisch 14 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• schmone

★★★½ Watched by schmone 09 Aug, 2014

Oh that;s some good film making. Repeating situations from different perspectives. And those long shots.

• laheysadrunk

★★★½ Watched by laheysadrunk 05 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ben Dugan

★★★½ Added by Ben Dugan

Easily the best of Gus Van Sant's "Waling Around Aimlessly" trilogy. This one follows a handful of students on a normal day of school that turns unexpectedly violent.
    Not a masterpiece but the cinematography is pretty strong, the acting (by non-professionals) is pretty good, and Van Sant makes no statement whatsoever about the cause of school violence. Insanely pretentious but also the only of this trilogy that isn't a terrible bore. Worth watching.

• Koner