• Matthias

★★★★½ Watched by Matthias 23 Apr, 2015

perfect... well, not entirely perfect.

• Lyndell Clark

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 19 Apr, 2015

Very happy to have this on bluray finally. The theatrical version no less. Still remember seeing it in theaters and have loved it ever since. Infinitely re-watchable.

• César

★★★★ Watched by César 19 Apr, 2015

Esta película acaba de ganarse un lugar en mi (hasta ahora no existente) lista de mis películas favoritas de todos los tiempos.

• Spencer Vale

★★★ Watched by Spencer Vale 18 Apr, 2015

Clerkrats

• wintermute47

★★★ Watched by wintermute47 17 Apr, 2015

I sort of expected this to be utterly intolerable, having not seen it when I was a teen, but it was entertaining. None of the characters act in remotely believable ways, but if you can accept that, it sort of sweeps you along.

• Cieran McC

★★★½ Watched by Cieran McC 17 Apr, 2015

at Glasgow Film Theatre from a 35mm print (ushered)

• Javier

★★★★½ Rewatched by Javier 07 Apr, 2015

Top 100 of all time Selection
    Top 50 Film of the 1990's Selection
    Top 10 Film 1995 Selection
    Top Ten 90's Teen Film Selection

"Empire Records, open 'til midnight."

There are no words to describe the joy when I watch this film! The music, the characters, I used to have friends like this, takes me back to the times when anything was life or death, teenage life is very dramatic you know?

Empire Records is that rare film that I can watch in an endless loop and quote every line, a film that always puts a smile on my face.

"Damn the man, save the empire!"

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★ Watched by 'Becca'lise 08 Apr, 2015

Enjoyable 90s silliness with a manic energy. So much screaming.

• Caroline Thomas

Rewatched by Caroline Thomas 08 Apr, 2015

Happy Rex Manning Day!

• Chris

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 08 Apr, 2015

Rewatch for Rex Manning Day. Still awesome.

• Craig Duffy

★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Duffy 08 Apr, 2015 1

It's been quite a while since I last saw this film in this incarnation. Pretty sure my last two viewings were the "special fan remix". While it is certainly a 90's movie I think it holds up. It's still fun and funny. The drama never quite works but it also isn't horrendous. The little non-verbal touches really help distinguish this film from other generic Gen X films. It takes opportunities to fit in these weird transitional vignettes. I'd really like to see a sequel to this about keeping a brick and mortar store open in the digital age. Happy Rex Manning Day everyone!

• Keith Goulette

★★★★ Watched by Keith Goulette 08 Apr, 2015

Damn the man. Save the empire.

I love the 90s so goddamn much.