• milkmoss

★★★½ Watched by milkmoss 23 Nov, 2014

I just have one question: was that dog in the poster even in the movie?

• Fish

★★★ Rewatched by Fish 11 Nov, 2014

Introducing the girls to another of my childhood favourites; 'Empire Records'. A cracking little 'indie' comedy, with a joyful soundtrack. Empire Records is daft, and proud of it.

With a dysfunctional 'modern family' of employees, running a record store about to sell out to the Man, the film is never designed to be hard going. But it was never intended to. With slightly naive characters that are ultimately loveable. Most enjoyable of all, is Liv Tyler of course. Ahh Liv.…

• Robyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 09 Nov, 2014 1

whats with today today?

• Matt Thomas

★★★½ Watched by Matt Thomas 08 Nov, 2014

Perky, with characters you can really engage with and root for. Great soundtrack too.

• Calum Trail

★★★ Watched by Calum Trail 07 Nov, 2014 2

I watched this film because it was on Netflix and I like 90's teen films.

This film was pretty good, an interesting plot that was let down by some badly developed characters and some very confusing sub plots. Nothing was really explained very well. However some of the characters were pretty good, including a young Renee Zellweger. It's good to watch if you really like teen movies and are against 'the man.' It sort of reminds me of a brat pack kind of film. Would recommend you watch it if it's your genre, but otherwise you might find it boring and stupid.

• CineNaste

★★★★ Watched by CineNaste 04 Nov, 2014

A film that truly represents Gen-X. This is the definition of a cult classic.

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 09 Oct, 2014

We mustn't dwell... no, not today. We CAN'T. Not on Rex Manning day!

• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

The really great soundtrack is holding this together. Whoever organized the music in this is actually the kind of music junkie this movie is about.

• Glen Parks

★★★★ Rewatched by Glen Parks 16 Sep, 2014

"I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren."

• maskull

Rewatched by maskull 14 Sep, 2014

Obnoxious....and a few cool songs.

• Iszy

★★★★★ Watched by Iszy 06 Sep, 2014

Okay so this movie has been on my watchlist for well over a year and I FINALLY got around to watching it tonight and I am kicking myself that I have never seen this earlier. It was FANTASTIC. This was my kind of movie, like literally everything I want from a movie and more. The casting is perfect, THE OUTFITS, god knows my love of 90's styling and this movie gave me plenty of that. This movie kept me going and I could easily put this in my top 10 favourite movies of all time even after the first viewing.

• minnix

★★★ Watched by minnix 22 Aug, 2014

lots of feels watching this. the music, the 90's, liv tyler's lips, zellweger's squinty eyes. i even had to hunt down my old suicidal tendencies tapes. alas, i no longer own a cassette player. ER is near perfect except for the last ten minutes starting with the midnight blowout where it just falls apart in a cascade of clichés and perfectly gift wrapped endings for all. a shame that.