• Broggie Doge

★★½ Rewatched by Broggie Doge 04 Feb, 2016

I watched this movie religiously as a teen. Now at 28 years old I decided to give it a rewatch. Taking my nostalgia glasses off I can admit it has aged pretty terribly. I still enjoyed it. Just not as much as I thought I would. The end of the movie still holds some charm.

• Lagerlout

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lagerlout 23 Jan, 2016

Probably the film I watched most obsessively from ages 12-17.

Like hanging out with old friends, still one of my all time greats.

• Jimmy P

★★★ Rewatched by Jimmy P 22 Jan, 2016

The movie is a mess, but a charming mess. Originally supposed to take place over two days, the studio wanted the movie reedited, knocking a day off the movie's timeline. You can tell which "days" are actually supposed to be night time scenes. Most critics gave the movie poor scores because of all the studio mandated edits, but if you look at the movie again you can tell there is a much richer story underneath. I like this movie very much and hope to see a director's cut someday.

• Sara

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sara 09 Jan, 2016

I have a lot of favorite movies. However, they change often. One of the movies that never stops being a favorite of mine is Empire Records. The story is just something that resonates with me, whether it be because the characters and plot are lovable, or the fact that at the time it came out, I was only 2, and I couldn't live through an era where it was the norm to wear plaid and doc martins, I'm not sure…

• Mickey

★★★ Rewatched by Mickey 08 Jan, 2016

A relic of its time for sure, but I was pretty surprised by how well this holds up.

It works especially well if you can put yourself in the mind frame of a twelve year old wondering if this is what being a teenager is going to be like.

• sumwan

★★★★★ Watched by sumwan 08 Jan, 2016

I wanna go back to the 90s and celebrate life.

• WolfBoy

★★★ Watched by WolfBoy 23 Dec, 2015

Its very much a product of its time, the character tropes, the clothes, the music, i guess because of that its dated fairly badly, but nostalgia and a general like of 90s teen films works its charms on me when watching this and i'm happy to still roll with this when i watch it.

• Agnis

★★★½ Watched by Agnis 19 Dec, 2015

Another teen-ish movie that spans only a sigle day, but it has some fun characters and I have to admit, it looks like a fun place to be. The serious bits are a little off, but that don't really make this movie.

• thirteen

★★★★★ Added by thirteen

The soundtrack is amazing the actors/actresses are amazing. One of the best 90s films.

• Megan Baker

★★★★½ Rewatched by Megan Baker 13 Dec, 2015

If I haven't already established how much I love movies that take place in the span of a day ( Take Me Home Tonight,Can't Hardly Wait) it may surprise you how much I love Empire Records but it shouldn't because this movie is dope. I mean, who doesn't want to work at a record store and hang out Lucas, dance with Gina and kiss AJ.

What makes the movie work is the chemistry with the cast. You're having as good…

• Patrick Manfredi

½ Added by Patrick Manfredi

Fuck this movie.

• 1842

★★★½ Watched by 1842 06 Nov, 2015

Great feels! An honest attempt at rendering The Breakfast Club in a record store. It's basically a string of moments - great moments fueled by pop and teen angst.