• Reego

★★★ Added by Reego

Ive seen this so many times it doesnt get old, i step inside and right away the soundtrack just reminds me of my younger days, this comedy, everytime i watch it, i feel like im one of the employees and i love every single character in the film, they deal with teenage problems of the 90's, but after all they are like a family cause they love the place they work in, thats why they need to save it before it becomes a corpo store, oh and rennee Zellweger is at her most attractive i her life, she is actually quite hot.

• Carl Munden

★★★★½ Watched by Carl Munden 09 Dec, 2014

Extremely dated, but in the coolest way possible

• Paul Wilson

★★½ Watched by Paul Wilson 05 Dec, 2014

Cracking soundtrack as you'd expect from something with this setup but and again this may just be a generational thing but I had trouble connecting with a bunch of mid ninety's stereotypes who take far too long into an hour and a half long film to become interesting and likable after some eye roll inducing decision making in the dull early goings. The acting's fine and you can see why a few of them went on to have great careers…

• David Howland

★★½ Watched by David Howland 27 Nov, 2014

Not as infectious as it wants to be. Fluffy, late to the party Gen-X damn-the-man comedy. Soundtrack is key though fittingly distinctly average. Tunney suicide story is dark mis-step. LaPaglia and cast try and have fun, though not long before Embry's gurning starts to grate.

• milkmoss

★★★½ Watched by milkmoss 23 Nov, 2014

I just have one question: was that dog in the poster even in the movie?

• Fish

★★★ Rewatched by Fish 11 Nov, 2014

Introducing the girls to another of my childhood favourites; 'Empire Records'. A cracking little 'indie' comedy, with a joyful soundtrack. Empire Records is daft, and proud of it.

With a dysfunctional 'modern family' of employees, running a record store about to sell out to the Man, the film is never designed to be hard going. But it was never intended to. With slightly naive characters that are ultimately loveable. Most enjoyable of all, is Liv Tyler of course. Ahh Liv.…

• Robyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 09 Nov, 2014 1

whats with today today?

• Matt Thomas

★★★½ Watched by Matt Thomas 08 Nov, 2014

Perky, with characters you can really engage with and root for. Great soundtrack too.

• Calum Trail

★★★ Watched by Calum Trail 07 Nov, 2014 2

I watched this film because it was on Netflix and I like 90's teen films.

This film was pretty good, an interesting plot that was let down by some badly developed characters and some very confusing sub plots. Nothing was really explained very well. However some of the characters were pretty good, including a young Renee Zellweger. It's good to watch if you really like teen movies and are against 'the man.' It sort of reminds me of a brat pack kind of film. Would recommend you watch it if it's your genre, but otherwise you might find it boring and stupid.

• CineNaste

★★★★ Watched by CineNaste 04 Nov, 2014

A film that truly represents Gen-X. This is the definition of a cult classic.

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 09 Oct, 2014

We mustn't dwell... no, not today. We CAN'T. Not on Rex Manning day!

• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

The really great soundtrack is holding this together. Whoever organized the music in this is actually the kind of music junkie this movie is about.