• maskull

Rewatched by maskull 14 Sep, 2014

Obnoxious....and a few cool songs.

• Iszy

★★★★★ Watched by Iszy 06 Sep, 2014

Okay so this movie has been on my watchlist for well over a year and I FINALLY got around to watching it tonight and I am kicking myself that I have never seen this earlier. It was FANTASTIC. This was my kind of movie, like literally everything I want from a movie and more. The casting is perfect, THE OUTFITS, god knows my love of 90's styling and this movie gave me plenty of that. This movie kept me going and I could easily put this in my top 10 favourite movies of all time even after the first viewing.

• minnix

★★★ Watched by minnix 22 Aug, 2014

lots of feels watching this. the music, the 90's, liv tyler's lips, zellweger's squinty eyes. i even had to hunt down my old suicidal tendencies tapes. alas, i no longer own a cassette player. ER is near perfect except for the last ten minutes starting with the midnight blowout where it just falls apart in a cascade of clichés and perfectly gift wrapped endings for all. a shame that.

• Cole Bradley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cole Bradley 08 Apr, 2014

"Well Sinead O'Rebellion. Shock me shock me shock me with that deviant behavior!"

• Zack Worent

★★★★½ Added by Zack Worent

Love this movie.

• Hollie Horror

Rewatched by Hollie Horror 28 Jul, 2014 11

OH MAN! What a piece of shit!!!

This is the first movie in my Nostalgia Overload list where I came out on the other side of the re-watch absolutely hating a movie I once loved. I haven't seen Empire Records in about 15 years but I honestly used to love it. How embarrassing.

This movie is a very corporate look at what they consider "indie" films, with an ironic twist..you know..considering the entire plot of the movie is an independently…

• Ryan Wilkins

★★ Watched by Ryan Wilkins 26 Jul, 2014

(Cinespia, DCP, 9 p.m.)

• Edward Kirkpatrick

★★ Rewatched by Edward Kirkpatrick 20 Jul, 2014 1

Great soundtrack. Stupid movie.

• Kip Bowman Jr.

★★★ Watched by Kip Bowman Jr. 16 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Amy Venade

★★★½ Added by Amy Venade

There's something special about this film..

• Corey Pierce

★★★★½ Rewatched by Corey Pierce 14 Jul, 2014 1

(Fan Remix Edition, with still no spotting of Tobey Maguire as the mysterious "Andre")

I know I must have seen this near 50 times. One of those movies my sister had on VHS I watched along with her endlesslly until it become my own and I lost all sense of objectivity and if its actually any good. It's all too familiar at this point, but still after near 20 (!) years so very quotable, relatable. A time warp. It dawned…

• Jamie Sherwood

★★★½ Rewatched by Jamie Sherwood 10 Jul, 2014

There's something about record shops that attracts the freaks and the weirdos in life, and I say this not as an insult, but as a high compliment. I have worked in both an independent record store, as well as a commercial chain store, and can honestly say that these were amongst the happiest working days of my life, where I got to work with some of the greatest, most interesting freaks, weirdos and friends I have known.

Empire Records is…