• Sally_Green

★★½ Watched by Sally_Green 23 Apr, 2016

A Sally de quince años le hubiera gustado mucho. A mí yo de veintitántos le pareció un abuso tener a adolescentes trabajando hasta la medianoche.

• Mary McAllister

★★★★ Rewatched by Mary McAllister 29 Apr, 2016

I can't look at this movie objectively. I've loved it since middle school and I'm definitely not going to stop now.

The soundtrack, Lucas, the Sugar High performance at the end. It just makes me so happy.

• huntercerny

★★★½ Watched by huntercerny 29 Apr, 2016

Basically an M TV movie which makes for a good time of pleasant 90's nostalgia.

• Jason

★★½ Watched by Jason 28 Apr, 2016

Maybe this is a generational thing, as this Gen X comedy did not do a whole lot for me. I didn't care for the characters much at all. It does feature some undeniably awesome music though.

• PerseuEvans

★★½ Watched by PerseuEvans 27 Apr, 2016

Very much like "Singles" and "Reality Bites", it serves as a snapshot of the Generation X and mid-90s. However, it lacks the verve and genuine insights of those pictures. It tries so hard to be cool that the result ends up being lackluster. The cast is super-charming, though.

• santana

★★★ Watched by santana 24 Apr, 2016

as far as 90s movies go this one is an epitome of whole era. From the music to the outfits it truly represents the independent vibe from the 90s. Probably wouldn't watch it more than a couple times but still an iconic nostalgic film

• MsStackattack

★★★ Rewatched by MsStackattack 17 Apr, 2016

Oh god. I don't know how to rate this. It's total trash but it's entertaining as hell. I used to LOVE it as a teen but now I see how flawed it is, so who knows. 3 stars seems ok. The women characters are so so depressing. It's really sad when a movie was arguably made for young women to watch over young men and there is nothing for the girls! We were supposed to crush on the art kid…

• Alex Kittle

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Kittle 17 Apr, 2016

My dvd that I've had since high school is scratched and now it skips several scenes in the second half (including Corey throwing herself at Rex Manning and Warren trying to shoot up the store) and considering how often I watch this movie it's a REAL BUMMER LET ME TELL YOU

• mmeister2

★★★★★ Watched by mmeister2 18 Apr, 2016

Loved everything about this movie, Renée's performance and the soundtrack in particular.

• James S

★★ Watched by James S 15 Apr, 2016

Fuck this is one annoying film. If any of your friends tell you it's as good as Dazed and Confused you should really question said friendship.

• Vance Woods

★★★★★ Rewatched by Vance Woods 15 Apr, 2016

The Breakfast Club for the 90s.

I have a personal connection to this film, in that back in college, I was Lucas' doppelganger. Random people around campus would tell me I reminded them of that dude from Empire Records. I am not making this up. Of course, at the time I was a theater student and dressed like a beatnik, so there's that. But I like to think it's not just the clothes; it's also the attitude. There is a…

• Dane Peterson

★★ Watched by Dane Peterson 10 Apr, 2016 1

I saw this as a way to grow closer to my girlfriend's movie tastes from when she was young. I could see myself liking this in middle school: it has cool music, fun actors, lots of little comedic bits and the breaking of the fourth wall. Alas I saw it in my adulthood and it suffers a bit.

As an ensemble movie it doesn't work. Everyone is given story lines that are conveniently wrapped up or ignored by the end…