• 1842

Watched by 1842 06 Nov, 2015

Great feels! An honest attempt at rendering The Breakfast Club in a record store. It's basically a string of moments - great moments fueled by pop and teen angst.

• aleisha

★★★★½ Rewatched by aleisha 06 Nov, 2015

it upsets me so much that everyone seems to dislike this film. I love this movie a ridiculous amount, it makes me so happy and I know it's not actually very good but I don't even care.

• José Viana

★★★★½ Watched by José Viana 28 Oct, 2015

LIV TYLER IS SO FUCKING HOT!!! Soundtrack is great also.

• Mirthbound

★★★ Watched by Hannah Renton 07 Oct, 2015

Soooooo 90s

• emma renton

★★★ Rewatched by emma renton 07 Oct, 2015

hannah watched it for the first time
    she does not like lucas lmao

• muchogrouch

★★★ Watched by muchogrouch 04 Oct, 2015

Really not that great but also kinda great. I give it points for being about a record store and how unreasonably attractive the cast is. The alt-pop soundtrack is perfect too. Everything else is just okay, but it's still pretty fun. Sounds better on vinyl.

• Paul Fleming

★★★ Rewatched by Paul Fleming 24 Sep, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Turns out that this is 20 years old this week so decided it was due a re-watch.

In the 1990s so many low-budget comedies were going for a "one day in the life of..." approach. Allan Moyle's Empire Records focuses on a day in the life of a ridiculously overstaffed record shop but, as much as it tries, it is essentially Clerks without the dialogue and Dazed and Confused without the characters and chemistry.

Yet I remain a sucker for…

• Bryan Strang

★½ Rewatched by Bryan Strang 02 Oct, 2015

If you don't understand what girls are talking about when they complain about female characters being written terribly by men, you can watch the reverse happen here. Except Rex Manning, of course. He's perfect.

• grace barber-plentie

★★★★ Added by grace barber-plentie

I have no wifi in my new flat, so i am probably going to end up watching my entire dvd collection in the week while I wait to be reunited with my best pal THE INTERNET/can watch all my shows.

Empire Records is still well good (other than Cinema Du Look, 90s teen films are my fav genre of films that I really should hate) and it's even weirder watching it now I work in a cinema because I always…

• Alexei Toliopoulos

★½ Added by Alexei Toliopoulos

It is all very preposterous but the cast is extremely attractive. Huge babes.