• Marna Larsen

★★★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

So, this thing happened to me a few years ago where I got the Fan Remix version of this on DVD. And at first, it was cool. I mean, who doesn't want MORE of their all-time favorite movie, right?

Well, me after I watched it about a dozen times and realized something was WRONG. It just lost it's compulsive watchability. It wasn't the same movie I fell in love with.

Then, I found a copy on VHS and played it…

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★★★ Watched by Jordan McLaughlin 01 Mar, 2015

Empire Records.
    I liked it a lot. This is the kind of movie where I wish I lived in that world. The record store set was fantastic and beautiful and all the characters with their many quirks were all very believable and entertaining. Sure, there was some over-the-topness, but I enjoy that in a film. This is, in fact a quintessential teen 90s' film. It has all the elements:
    -Angst
    -Counter-culture
    -Obscure bands
    -Small town nobodies moving out into the…

• John Robinson

★★★★ Watched by John Robinson 28 Feb, 2015

Where has this movie been all my life?!?!?

• KUATO2084

Added by KUATO2084

It's not funny, it's not interesting, and I didn't like a single character.

• Steve Tothill

Watched by Steve Tothill 25 Feb, 2015

Despite my love of 80s college movies I am pretty much stuck in the 90s. However, some how this film had totally passed me by. And thank fuck for that. Man, this is some bullshit right here. Singles may have spawned Friends, but it's more representative of that period than this sterile crap. Well, if you into grunge I guess...was this meant to be a spoof? There's a dog on the poster, weren't no dog in the film! Straight bullshit.

• splisken

★★½ Added by splisken

ah mid ninties slacker films, you either hate them or you used to think they were really cool and then found yourself shocked at their pointlessness when you rewatch them when your in your 40's.

its like clerks but not as good.

• Lay

★★½ Rewatched by Lay 15 Feb, 2015

overdramatic, dragged out, silly, and made almost no sense but it was decent and i kinda liked it anyway.

• David Eduardo

★★★ Rewatched by David Eduardo 13 Feb, 2015

Noventas.

• honorsphysics

★★ Watched by honorsphysics 06 Feb, 2015

Some troubling physical abuse. Trying to be The Breakfast Club.

• Tiye

★★★½ Rewatched by Tiye 02 Feb, 2015

It's not a GOOD movie, but something about it I've always liked for the many years I've watched this.

• Gemma lou

★★★ Watched by Gemma lou 02 Feb, 2015

Wish id seen this in the 90s as its a little dated now but still a fun ride.

• Ian Nesbit

★★★ Rewatched by Ian Nesbit 29 Jan, 2015

so many familiar faces, and these days it seems like it was so much longer ago than 1995.
    dated but with a John Hughes-esque heart-warming quality and some great tunes on the soundtrack.
    the gun-toting child always seems a little off base but still, a great nostalgic ride