• Gaz Elliott

★★★½ Watched by Gaz Elliott 13 Apr, 2014

Ah, I wish I'd watched this when it first came out. At the age I was then I'd have loved this film...I love it now! It's a great watch, great fun, very funny & has a soundtrack that deserves to adorne everybody's OST collection.

• Rick Bman

★★★ Rewatched by Rick Bman 12 Apr, 2014

My angsty teenage self loved this movie. It still holds up on a nostalgic level but it didn't quite live up to my memory of it. Also, I ended up seeing the extended cut this time, which I had never seen before. It didn't really add anything of value to the film and it had some off edits and alternate takes in it.

"Fucking Rex Manning Day!"

• Janelle Boyer

★★★★½ Rewatched by Janelle Boyer 08 Apr, 2014

Had to watch this today in honor of Rex Manning day!!

• Adam Weeks

Rewatched by Adam Weeks 08 Apr, 2014

Rex Manning Day!

• Dave Wain

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dave Wain 08 Apr, 2014

The best coming of age film of the 90s? that would be a resounding YES!

I caught this at 18 and for whatever reason it just resonated with me. How cool it would be to work in a record store... (although maybe a video store is just as cool ;))

Critically, I don't think it got many plaudits, but in the almost 20 years (ouch) that have passed, this has grown in status and rightly so.

The soundtrack for one…

• Dana Durell

★★★½ Watched by Dana Durell 27 Mar, 2014

Girls Rock Camp fundraiser screening

• Ross Miller

★★★½ Watched by Ross Miller 15 Mar, 2014

Charming and funny. I have a feeling this will become something of a rewatchable favourite the more I see it.

• Scott W. Black

★★★ Watched by Scott W. Black 23 Mar, 2014

Almost adorable in its naive, mid-1990s record store idealism.

Also, Rory Cochrane really was a star in 94/95, wasn't he?

• ZapperLife

★★★½ Watched by ZapperLife 17 Mar, 2014 2

[Remix! Special Fan Edition]

Sure. Empire Records is flawed, in so many ways. Still. If you can't see past them and enjoy all the things it does right... well. Let's just say; Damn you! Save the Empire!

Let's begin by taking a look at the things that we could have lived without; sad attempts at including deeper issues (like drug addiction and attempted suicides), and the lower quality parts of this roller-coaster (corny, annoying hipsters-types, crossover 80s/90s-teen stuff).

But it…

• Murray

★★★★★ Watched by Murray 26 Feb, 2014

After having this hidden away in my movie cupboard for months after having borrowed it from a friend I decided to give it a watch. Absolute gold.

I couldn't even pick out a single stand alone reason of why I loved it so much but it gave me the same chills as when I first watched the breakfast club. It's a cheesy 90's teen flick with a difference, the characters are more than one dimensional and actually likable. Far above…

• Eric Peterson

★★★½ Added by Eric Peterson

Empire Records has become not only a 90s cult film but has become a snap shot of a time and place. It's fun, it's on the light side, but if you recall the time it's a nice place to visit...

• Erez_S

★★★ Watched by Erez_S 01 Mar, 2014

Nice movie. Fun, in a not engaging way.
    Doesn't manage to get me all nostalgic for records store, honestly.