• Minty

★★★★★ Rewatched by Minty 29 Apr, 2016

Round 3, perfection.

They're actually far less common than I'd care to admit, but this is legitimately one of those movies that gets better and better every time you watch it.

The fact that I've stumbled into a long-term relationship since the last time I saw this (with so many of the ups-and-downs detailed here) made it all the more hard-hitting.

"Okay."

• parkthesedaze

★★★½ Watched by parkthesedaze 28 Apr, 2016

Unique with great performances, but there are also far superior modern films about love and hardship out there that I'd recommend more.

• deshianandya

★★★★★ Added by deshianandya

Hell-a-twisted!

• Isaac Paul

★★★★½ Added by Isaac Paul

Very creative, interesting, and emotional.. makes you reflect on your past relationships.

What I think is great about this film is how it puts everything into perspective. Relationships go up and down, and it's easy to forget all of the good things and the positive qualities of the person you love.

• KaleisaWaffle

★★★★★ Watched by KaleisaWaffle 26 Apr, 2016

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is directed by Michel Gondry and stars Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. The film tells the story of two ex-lovers, particularly a man named Joel Barish(Carrey), who decides to erase his ex-girlfriend Clementine Kruczynski(Winslet) after she erased him from her memory. The film nabbed an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, and Kate Winslet was nominated for her role.

This is one of the most unpredictable movies I've ever seen. First off, Jim Carrey gives…

• Jordan Rogers-Smith

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Rogers-Smith 26 Apr, 2016

What an incredibly unique film. From the instant we see Carey and Winslet they are flawless in their polar opposite characters. The creativity from Kaufman and the ability to visualise that from Gondry is an incredibly rare treat that on paper would likely sound impossible. A must see.

• Zarite

★★★★★ Added by Zarite

my favourite film

• Teproc

★★★★★ Watched by Teproc 24 Apr, 2016

Week 32 of the Letterbox'd Season Challenge 2015-16 : Lord Cookie Week

Amélie Poulain meets Memento. I feel pandered to, but it's pretty irresistible.

• hayley

★★★★½ Rewatched by hayley 23 Apr, 2016

i think mark ruffalo's stan is the love of my life

• Elyes Benantar

★★★★★ Watched by Elyes Benantar 23 Apr, 2016

That moment when you realize you're clearly watching something creative and original, something you hadn't seen before. Watching this film, it was quite obvious the level of skill and genius that was at play, from Kaufman's script to Gondry's direction to Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet's terrific performances.

There is definitely a sort of melancholic longing present in this film, which I found quite similar to another terrific romantic film which came out the same year, Before Sunset. There is…

• Omar Alvarado

★★★★★ Rewatched by Omar Alvarado 23 Apr, 2016

One the greatest movies of the early 2000's. An amazing story told in a very inventive and incredible way. Great performances, visuals, and screenplay. Masterpiece of modern cinema

• Chris

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris 22 Apr, 2016

I don't know. I liked it a lot more the last time I watched it.