• andrewtgates

★★★★★ Added by andrewtgates

This may have been the film that transformed the way I look at film...yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. Perfect balance of challenging form and structure with great characters and relatability. The first time I REALLY considered the art of film beyond the initial "loved/liked/didn't like" evaluation. I almost got there with Fight Club years earlier, but not really. What can I say, I was a late bloomer with film.

• Lena

★★★★½ Watched by Lena 02 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I should have watched it sooner, waaaay sooner.

I honestly got a bit confused because the beginning basically started with the ending but I thought it was an interesting twist. Joel and Clementine are a really cute couple, she is impulsive and talkative whereas he is quiet and reserved and they really balance each other out. Anyone could decide to give up on the film halfway throughout but that would be a big mistake.

Joel and Clementine's relationship was clouded…

• Nadia

★★★★ Watched by Nadia 01 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I don't know why I was putting off watching it as it's on almost every top film lists and loved by many. I finally made myself watch it and boy am I glad I did. It was nice to see Jim Carrey take on a somewhat more serious role and he did full justice to the shy and reserved Joel. Kate Winslet also played her part to perfection as the impulsive and delightful Clementine. The supporting cast; Ruffalo, Dunst, were…

• Trevon Reid

★★★★★ Watched by Trevon Reid 28 Feb, 2015

Word of advice: never watch this movie before going to sleep. You will have a dream so real, that it's almost like your awake.

• The Film Avenger

★★★★ Added by The Film Avenger

This film is science fiction in its purest form - using pseudo-technology as a tool to comment on some facet of the human condition.

The film's brilliance comes from the questions it begs. Is it really better to love and lose than to never love at all? Would two people who were destined to be together end up together despite man-made obstacles? Lots of interesting conversations can be held after viewing this movie.

This movie also says a lot about…

• maluraqqq

★★★★ Added by maluraqqq

Doído de se ver

• Wes Ball

★★★★★ Watched by Wes Ball 26 Feb, 2015

Maybe there really are people just destined to be together.

• Jamie Senft

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jamie Senft 24 Feb, 2015

With each viewing, Charlie Kaufman's screenplay becomes even more beautiful and elaborate in this outstanding film in this cautionary tale of love.

• Andrea Peña

★★★½ Watched by Andrea Peña 23 Feb, 2015

Jim Carrey es uno de los actores que menos me gusta (aunque lo amo en Ace Ventura) pero en esta película es excelente. Me encanta cuando un actor que no suele ser serio, hace un trabajo de calidad. Igualmente me gustó muchísimo la actuación de Kate Winslet. También me gusta mucho cuando los personajes secundarios pasan a tener vida y una historia, acá ese es el caso.

Al principio me pareció maravillosa pero luego de la mitad es un poco…

• Rachel Stephens

★★★★ Watched by Rachel Stephens 22 Feb, 2015

Watched for the first meeting of The Film Gods: Film Club which takes place tomorrow.

• Jillian Randall

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jillian Randall 22 Feb, 2015

Been having a rough time lately and this hits right on the mark. It's fucking amazing. It makes the gears in my head turn 100 miles an hour.

Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.

• Jillian Randall

★★★★★ Added by Jillian Randall

Been having a rough time lately and this is right on the mark. It's fucking amazing. It makes the gears in my brain turn 100 miles an hour.

Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.