• Joey Seguin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joey Seguin 22 Oct, 2014

This is less a film and more an experience. Watch it by yourself, pay attention and absorb the entire movie. It's one of the best to come out of the 2000's and possibly the best well-rounded Jim Carrey performance ever.

Both Gondry and Kaufman display their respective genius in this collaboration, while the score by Jon Brion in one of my personal favorites of all time. A nearly perfect film.

• Matt Marshall

Added by Matt Marshall

Watched on DVD - 10/20/14

• Rocco Tenaglia

★★★★ Rewatched by Rocco Tenaglia 20 Oct, 2014 3

Third time's the charm?

The first time I watched Eternal Sunshine, I absolutely hated it. In fact, I turned it off after about 40 minutes. About a year after that I decided to give it another go, this time watching the whole thing. I still hated the story, but really enjoyed Gondry's style and the techniques used. This time around, though, I found the story and techniques perfectly complimented each other in order to achieve something really beautiful.

• dshockeyboy15

★★★★½ Added by dshockeyboy15

Film 1, Week 1 with The Gaff.

At the end of the movie, at first I was like "Why is the movie doing that?" (If you've seen the movie you know what I'm talking about) However, after a couple seconds, I understood it, and I was filled with such a feeling of melancholy that I haven't felt in a long time.

Packed with fantastic and real performances, stylish direction, and one of the best screenplays that I've witnessed in a…

• Jinsie

★★★★½ Watched by Jinsie 18 Oct, 2014

I'd been almost... afraid to watch this for many years, based on prior knowledge of the general plot and the oeuvres of Gondry and Kaufman. As always, putting off something widely considered a 'classic' in any medium only exacerbates the apathy, and so a decade has passed.
    That trepidation should scream to anyone what kind of person I am, and indeed everything from themes to specific characters here were eerily resonant for me.

Being able to relate to the weaker…

• KasperL

★★★★ Rewatched by KasperL 17 Oct, 2014

Kaufman's brilliant concept got the Gondry experimental treatment, for better and worse. Now and then the result goes off the rails - I loathe the Baby Joel scene! The narrative structure is elegant, but sometimes (mostly whenever Carrey and Winslet aren't both onscreen) things tend to become annoying or banal. All in all, though, it's a pretty, uhm, nice mess of a love story.

• joshkaster

★★★★★ Added by joshkaster

This is one of the best, if not the best, film(s) I have seen in the last seven years. The acting by Carrey and Winslet is phenomenal but the acting is tied together with the amazing unconventional storytelling aspect of the film. Because the film is organized in such a disorganized way, the film gain meaning. As the audience, we see that the two lovers have a time together, but the intricacies in the overall plot and storytelling make the…

• Kid_Superstar

★★★★½ Added by Kid_Superstar

Gotta preface this by pointing out that I super liked Eternal Sunshine, it feels like the perfect blend of Being John Malkovich, Scott Pilgrim, and Annie Hall and it's terrific.

Much like Annie Hall, Eternal Sunshine feels like a narrative about relationships and love, albeit with a more optimistic outlook, that there is no clear beginning, middle, and end, and that every end is also a beginning. This is most clearly demonstrated by the chronology. The timeline of Eternal Sunshine…

• Yasmin4y

Added by Yasmin4y

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Franny

★★★ Added by Franny

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Elena Everdeen.

★★★★ Watched by Elena Everdeen. 16 Oct, 2014

Joel (Jim Carrey) is stunned to discover that his girlfriend Clementine (Kate Winslet) has had her memories of their tumultuous relationship erased. Out of desperation, he contacts the inventor of the process, Dr. Howard Mierzwiak (Tom Wilkinson), to have Clementine removed from his own memory. But as Joel's memories progressively disappear, he begins to rediscover his love for Clementine. From deep within the recesses of his brain, Joel attempts to escape the procedure. As Dr. Mierzwiak and his crew (Kirsten Dunst, Mark Ruffalo, Elijah Wood) chase him through the maze of his memories, it's clear that Joel just can't get Clementine out of his head.

• Sarah Mia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sarah Mia 16 Oct, 2014

I still think that Jim Carey is perfect in this.