• ZackVM

★★★★½ Added by ZackVM

A movie that is made better if one has the necessary experience.

• Rti03

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rti03 31 Aug, 2014

Clementine: "This is it Joel, it's gonna be gone soon"
    Joel: "I know"
    Clementine: "What do we do?"
    Joel: "Enjoy it"

It had been a while since i had seen this picture. I had seen it before two or three times and i had absolutely loved the experiences i had had with Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. I mean, even the f*cking title is beautiful, poetic and straight up perfect. I wanted to see a lot, i knew that…

• serchs

★★★★ Watched by serchs 01 Sep, 2014

Incredible journey through a relationship. Carrey and Winslet are huge in this film. The idea is interesting and carefully scripted. Attacks your emotional center.

• ploum

Added by ploum

Probably one of the most overrated movie of the last ten years.

First of all, the whole movie is based on a twist. The twist is so visible that I understood it in the first minutes and considered it for granted, expecting a real twist. It's only at the end of the movie that I realised that the twist was not supposed to be apparent.

But, most importantly, the whole plot revolves around two people that are acting stupidly and…

• damiens

★★★★★ Added by damiens

C'est une super histoire d'amour avec un denouement explique par un element de science-fiction.

L'histoire ne nous est pas racontée dans l'ordre chronologique des evennements. A noter que la couleur de cheveux de la fille nous permet de situer chronologiquement la scene.

Je le conseille vraiment !

• Emelie Claxton

★★★★★ Added by Emelie Claxton

A presentation of the astonishing reality of life and all of its dizzying quirks. Eternal Sunshine weaves together the otherworldly and the devastatingly familiar in a brilliant and delicate dance, the result haunting and impossibly rich.

• Bobby Ge

★★★★★ Watched by Bobby Ge 11 Aug, 2014

What Hollywood says it is: A film written by Charlie Kaufman with fine, thoughtful and deeply constructed rumination on love, destiny, and ephemerality of life.

What it really is: A stunning masterpiece that is as quirky, beautifully shot and incredibly moving as it is intelligent and deep.

I view Michel Gondry's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as the spiritual predecessor of 2013's Spike Jonze masterpiece Her. There actually are a number of parallels between the two, the largest of…

• Elliot

★★★★½ Watched by Elliot 26 Aug, 2014

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a heartfelt and melancholic romance story about a man who chooses to have his memory erased after his ex-girlfriend did the very same. It is during the process that he starts to regret his decision, trying his best to cling onto any memory he can salvage. I loved how Michel Gondry used inventive directorial techniques to portray the unravelling of Joel's mind. Of his serious performances, this is Carrey's best.

• John Winters

★★★★★ Added by John Winters

One of the best films of the 00's. The film emulates a real life relationship very well - lots of little fighting and bickering, occasional distance, etc. I've been in relationships before that ended poorly and I would have loved to have just forgotten the whole thing and been able to move on. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are both perfect here, each acting outside of the typecasts they're typically known for; Carrey reels in his performance and Winslet is…

• Jumpingfrog

★★★★ Watched by Jumpingfrog 22 Aug, 2014

Charlie Kaufman, the writer, is as much the star of this film as the two leads, memorably (did you see what I did there) played by Kate Winslet and a thankfully subdued Jim Carrey (Carrey is only annoying in the brief scenes where he portrays his characters infant self.) Kate Winslet comes close to outdoing Diane Keaton's Annie Hall as the quirkiest love interest in movies. The film has an interestingly different central concept, takes no prisoners and is much darker than I was expecting.

• transmogrifier

★★★★★ Rewatched by transmogrifier 01 Jun, 2014

98/100

Caught it on TV and got sucked in again. Almost perfect (one line that stands out like a sore thumb and should have been jettisoned: "I'm just a fucked up girl looking for my own piece of mind").

• johnch