• scotts2323

★★★★ Watched by scotts2323 29 Jan, 2015

If you could, would you? Erase one person from your existence, I mean. I guess it all depends on how much they hurt you. Not sure if I could. Those are the experiences, whether good or bad, that make you who you are. I think you'd lose much more of you than just that memory.

Unless it was Kate Winslet from this role, of course. I'd erase her for sure. What a bitch.

• ThaliaFaisal

★★★★★ Added by ThaliaFaisal

what if we have the option to wipe someone's memory out of our life?
    will we do it?
    This movie kept me thinking for days how wonderful it will be to erase a couple of chapters in my life. For once i don't want to gain experience from past pain…for once i want my heart and brain to be a clean canvas like a childs….but will i be happier with those chapters gone? with him never have crossed my life?…
    i consider this movie in the league of Mr.Nobody

• Carlos Castel

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Castel 25 Jan, 2015

Some things take time to like them, this film is one of those things. There are many good things i could say , but i'll focus in one, the message of the movie. "Don't be sad because it ended, be happy because it happened". A good message many of us could learn from it.

• wonderlanding

★★★★★ Added by wonderlanding

Visually, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is stunning.

Taking no interest in the story or the characters at all, the cinematography is enough. It's the kind of film that cannot help but make you gasp. Whether it's the perfectly crafted cracks in the frozen lake or the rain pouring on to a corrugated plastic roof, there isn't a single shot in this film that isn't something to behold.

Amazingly, the plot is equally beautiful - an unconventional story of…

• Luigi Allender

★★★½ Watched by Luigi Allender 11 Jan, 2015

Such a strange film. Starts at the ending then works back to the beginning progressively. You start at the end of a relationship between these two characters when Jim Carrey finds out that he has been erased from his girlfriend's mind it drives him to do the same thing about her. He ends up regretting it and tries to save her memory and we get to see their relationship from the troubles to the spark. On the outside, she's trying…

• Irving

★★★★ Watched by Irving 24 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• NedBigbyWolf

★★★★ Watched by NedBigbyWolf 24 Jan, 2015

Jim Carrey's the best Jim Carrey

• Luke McGowan

★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

Its a real treat to see Winslett and Carrey flex their acting chops and portray characters far outside their typical range in this daring and original script. Confusing in places but ultimately a heartfelt look into the character's minds and hearts.

• Liz F

★★★★★ Added by Liz F

• Sam Malone

★★★★ Watched by Sam Malone 22 Jan, 2015

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a beautiful film and Jim Carrey's best movie.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 11 Apr, 2004

One of the strangest films you will ever see. Not as weird as Kaufman’s other effort, BEING JOHN MALKOVICH. But more strange than CONFESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS MIND and ADAPTATION (marginally), to be sure.

Carrey is just as good as he has ever been here. He goes a little farther than what he has shown us in MAN ON THE MOON, THE TRUMAN SHOW and THE MAJESTIC. Here he is a little more grounded. The same can't be said for…

• Joey

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joey 21 Jan, 2015

Somehow I've only seen this movie twice in my life. The benefit of that, of course, is that both times, it hit me like a ton of bricks. There is so much truth and so much honesty in this quirky little piece of fiction. Jim Carry and Kate Winslet give the performances of their careers.