• Ian Salsbury

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian Salsbury 22 May, 2015

There are few movies I can genuinely watch over and over without ever tiring of, constantly finding something new. This is one of them. If pushed, when asked that most difficult of questions, I'm prone to call it out as my favourite movie ever.

It's a perfectly constructed movie, the twists are in all the right places, the performances are perfect, it moves, entrances and delights me. To say too much of the plot would spoil it for anyone yet to experience its wonder. I've watched it again tonight for the umpteenth time. I could happily watch it again tomorrow. A film for all times.

• Banners

★★★½ Rewatched by Banners 20 May, 2015

'Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating.'

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is sweet and tragic and thought-provoking. It treats its protagonists with a cruelty that it assumes life always has, and targets love with a bitter fondness. At times, it gets far too philosophical for its own good, throwing up too many ideas without settling on one to explore. Yes it is thought-provoking, but it provokes so many thoughts that you lose sight of the romance at the core. In…

• Steven Twatmuch

★★★★½ Watched by Steven Twatmuch 21 May, 2015

What an excellent movie. Honestly baffling. One of my favourite soundtracks easily, actors all phenomenal, writing was astounding, directing was flawless.

Simply beautiful, literally my only problem with it is that I didn't care about the doctor or his girlfriend, that's it That's why it's not a perfect 5.

Gotta love Jim Carrey man, gotta love him, and I do.

• Evan Koch

★★★★★ Added by Evan Koch

I've heard that some people hate this movie. I love it. I love every minute of it. It's funny, it's sad, it's thought-provoking, depressing, heartwrenching, beautiful, all of it. It's just about everything you could ever ask for, packed into two hours, courtesy of the brilliant minds of Charlie Kaufman and Michel Gondry. As a duo, I think they work together about as well as any. Kaufman is quirky but melancholic, and has the ability to nail down the most…

• Soy

★★★★ Added by Soy

normally i'd say, ugh, another manic pixie dreamgirl love story. but. god did i cry.....brilliant. so good. was so surprised by how much i loved this. really poignant, amazing music, really cool effects and transitions. the more you watch the more the timeline really starts to sink in. memorable lines. feels cheesy at bits but very very human

• Bryan K

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bryan K 18 May, 2015

From the wrinkles on my forehead
    To the mud upon my shoe
    Everything's a memory
    With strings that tie to you

• RedDirect

★★★★½ Watched by RedDirect 17 May, 2015

Interesting, thought-provoking examination of what memories mean to us as human beings. Is it nobler to suffer through the pained memories of a lost loved one or is it easier to simply forget everything about them? It's sort of a Shakespearean dilemma.

Charlie Kauffman once again proves that he is one of the most intelligent, creative screenwriters in the game. Like his masterpiece, Being John Malkovich, Kauffman's story here is simple at first. His introduction of a fantastical element notches…

• thiagolucio

★★★★★ Added by thiagolucio

BRILHO ETERNO DE UMA MENTE SEM LEMBRANÇAS

Joe Barrish (Jim Carrey) é um homem tímido, pacato e inseguro que inesperadamente conhece a extrovertida Clementine (Kate Winslet). Mais inesperado que o encontro entre os dois é o fato de que eles se apaixonam e passam a morar juntos como um inusitado, porém feliz casal. Com o passar do tempo iniciam-se os desentedimentos, a falta de compreensão, a desconfiança e aquilo que era um amor indiscutível começa a ruir. E a ruína…

• Gaz Elliott

★★★½ Watched by Gaz Elliott 13 May, 2015

Michel Gondry's romantic drama was not the mind-bending contortion I thought it would be. The film was a lot more linear & easy to follow than previous reviews had suggested.
    That may be down to the expectation that is delivered from the writer Charlie Kaufman, famed for such films as 'Being John Malkovich' (1999), 'Adaptation' (2002) & 'Synecdoche, New York' (2008).
    I'm yet to see Synecdoche but it's on my list & I believe, one his his more mentally challenging efforts.
    Eternal Sunshine…

• Justin Scott

★★★★★ Added by Justin Scott

this is my go-to cry movie don't ask me why

• Shadia Pradsmadji

★★★★½ Rewatched by Shadia Pradsmadji 16 May, 2015

This. Is. Just. Pure. Genius.

• DevGanja420

★★★½ Added by DevGanja420

Leaves something to be desired, felt like it kept building up to a big cry moment but never got there. Regardless of that it was well put together and sweet. I didn't know Jim Carrey could do more than make a funny face and scream