• elfenohr

★★★★ Watched by elfenohr 03 Oct, 2015

Zauberhafter Film darüber, dass auch die schlechten Erinnerungen zu einer Beziehung dazu gehören und dass vielleicht grade diese, einen Menschen zu etwas Besonderem machen. Ein SciFi Liebesdrama, das mit allen Konventionen bricht und den Zuschauer im einen Moment den Atem vor Spannung anhalten lässt und im nächsten Gänsehaut bringt. Vor allem Jim Carrey überzeugt und zeigt, dass er mehr kann als nur albern.

Magical picture about bad memories and how they belong to each relationship or maybe even make a…

• Ash

★★★★★ Watched by Ash 03 Oct, 2015

This film really messed me up because it’s so different from the others. The manic pixie dream girl stereotype? Destroyed. Eternal Sunshine tells the love story of Clementine and Joel's such in such a creative, emotionally compelling way.

It doesn’t romanticize every aspect of a relationship either, and I like that — it isn’t all cute dates on the beach. There will be tears and arguments, and I love how the film doesn’t shy away from the nasty aspects of love. That’s what makes it real.

• NSlater90

★★★★★ Watched by NSlater90 03 Oct, 2015

I've been meaning to watch this for quite some time now. Better late than never I suppose.

When compiling lists of the best films of various decades I realised that I'd not actually seen all that many great films from the 00's. So I did a bit of research to see what I was missing and this filmsseemed the most obvious one. It's been sat on my Blu Ray shelf for about 9 months now. I loved Mood Indigo also…

• Aaron Hendrix

★★★★★ Watched by Aaron Hendrix 26 Oct, 2013

There is nothing that I can say about this movie that will ever capture its true meaning to me in any substantive way. Never had I before or since watched a film that changed the way I understood life in such a radical way.

I lost my dog to cancer two years ago. Two days later I watched this movie. When I have the itch and the strength, I revisit this movie. Each time I peel back a new layer.…

• Matthew Mulcahy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Mulcahy 03 Sep, 2015

One of my favourite films of all time.

A superbly structured screenplay.

A complex yet never convoluted narrative.

A beating heart beneath Michel Gondry and Charlie Kaufman's shared dream of eccentric madness.

Shame the talkative audience I sat in with didn't seem to agree with me.

• Dan Smith

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dan Smith 07 Sep, 2015

What a film. Affectionate and engaging, with great leads and support, with not even Elijah Wood's or Kirsten Dunst's characters being in the least annoying even though a hair's breadth away. And amazing screenwriting even after all these years. There is layering of multiple story arcs, fractured narratives and mind-boggling timelines, with the main one even going *backwards*.

The structure of the reverse chronological main narrative is a perfect metaphor. We experience more and more of Joel's relationship with Clementine…

• Omri Cohen

★★★★ Added by Omri Cohen

Acceptance of the past and of flaws is the only way to progress and grow.

• Eric

★★★★★ Watched by Eric 30 Sep, 2015

One of those films that infinitely got better after a re-watch, ESotSM is, dare I say it, a masterpiece. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are so natural, real, and give their career-best. Saying that this film is creative and unique in its story-telling is an understatement; the story is deeply layered and constructed in a way unlike anything I've ever seen. The screenplay by Charlie Kaufman is also extraordinary; one of the best that will go down in history.
    Such a deep, beautiful film that had me pondering for hours.

• saundersrachael

★★★★★ Added by saundersrachael

#1 on my all time favorites list. I could write essays on essays about this film. Amazing cast, wonderful writing, a crazy good soundtrack. I watch this movie pretty often.

• sjc4ye

★★★★★ Watched by sjc4ye 29 Sep, 2015

A really well shot, acted, written, and carried out movie, everything about it is incredibly done.

• Dave Fekete

★★★★★ Added by Dave Fekete

Absolutely breathtaking. Might be my favorite film. I tear up when i see this.

• Ainhoa