• Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel

★★★ Rewatched by Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel 24 Nov, 2015 7

Had completely forgotten that Joel is seeing someone named Naomi when he meets Clementine. The men in this movie are so scummy, not just the blatantly creepy Patrick; Gondry's really been ahead of the curve in critiquing how men see women.

• Daniel PG Simpson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel PG Simpson 22 Nov, 2015

This is a film which is equal parts emotionally moving and intellectually stirring. That's not an easy thing to accomplish, particularly at this film's level. Eternal Sunshine explores some interesting questions regarding love, relationships, and humanity's relationship with technology while simultaneously creating a really moving and involving love story. Even simple moments, like Joel talking about feeling like a "scared little card" his first night with Clementine really resonate.

I don't know of another film where such a simple word had such an impact.

• Daisy Victoria Edwards

★★★★★ Watched by Daisy Victoria Edwards 21 Nov, 2015

This film is beautiful.

The themes of choosing to forget over feeling pain is the lesson here. It's a bittersweet message it sends but one we all could do with receiving all the same.

The characters are wonderful in all their flaws. I wish we could've got to know them more as even though we spend all the time in Joel's head, I don't feel like we really get to know him. But maybe that's so him and Clementine are…

• Peazze

★★★★½ Watched by Peazze 23 Nov, 2015

This was terrific, heartbreaking, lovely.
    Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are acting stunning. I can't put my feelings into words. Almost everyone who made a similar experience in life with his old love - will totally understand and adore this flick.

• Matthew Crabtree

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Crabtree 20 Nov, 2015

watched this on a date
    I really like this girl

• Aaron Hammond

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Hammond 23 Nov, 2015

"Constantly talking isn't the same as communicating."

Finds the pain in happiness, the happiness in pain, the emotionally brutal in the fancifully surreal. In the top, top tier for me.

• omar alsubaihi

★★★★★ Watched by omar alsubaihi 23 Nov, 2015

This is a one of a kind romance movie. Kaufman's script is FUCKING awesome, the cinematography is dazzling and the both lead actors, Carry and Winlest, are terrific, this is absolutely the best performance I have seen from Jim carry. Eternal Sunshine is a heartwarming romance, a provoking sci-fi and a drama success.

• Gideon

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gideon 21 Nov, 2015

How to deal with this one? Charlie Kaufman's screenplay is such a flawless clockwork that I marvel at its mere conception. The visual lattice of memory stacked against memory is stunning. Transitions rise and fall into each other like waves on a beach: impossible to tell where one memory ends, and another begins. The film has a Memento-like structure as Jim Carrey's Joel experiences his relationship with Kate Winslet's Clementine backward. The tragedy is slowly revealed, amplified, personalized, perhaps, by…

• bihl_cosbi

½ Added by bihl_cosbi

I would change the name of this film to Eternal Shit Stain of the Spotless Panties. gay

• nrasoul

★★★★★ Added by nrasoul

so good!! The way information was delivered really allows the audience to pick up on queues, while still managing to maintain clarity. the chemistry between the characters got me invested in their relationship. The filmmaking is crazy, one particular sequence reminded of a bad sleep (where you keep waking up and dozing off) it was crazy to see that in visuals.

• pannizle

★★★½ Added by pannizle

This is a fantastic existential film. Great performances too....

• Callum Berryman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Callum Berryman 16 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is joint for my favourite film of all time. Much like the film, my mind is a total mess in terms of how to begin discussing the film - where do I start with what I’d class as perfect? It revolves around Joel (Jim Carrey) - at his best, (mostly) out of his comfort zone, with a far more subdued and relatable character than, say, Ace Ventura (much more eccentric) -, during his final…