• Daniel Sarath

★★★★★ Watched by Daniel Sarath 22 Jul, 2014

Kubrick guides us into the dark underworld of society's elite in Eyes Wide Shut, taking us on a nightmarish journey populated with hidden occult symbols and metaphors throughout. It's a terrific final film from the legendary filmmaker that warrants just as much analysis and interpretation as The Shining.

• Sondre Hareide

★★★½ Rewatched by Sondre Hareide 21 Jul, 2014

God fucking damit! I still don't really like it.

I recognise it as a good movie and all. But there is just something missing. There is something wrong with it. It's just so boring and not Kubricky. Tom Cruise is just so not right for this movie. And I want to like it!

I guess I'm gonna have to try again another time.

• Filmaholic

★★★★★ Added by Filmaholic

This is easily the most haunting film I have ever seen. This one petrifies me. It gets to you on a very primal, instinctive level and devastates you. And that's just how it starts. It goes on to dismantle everything you thought was real and sacred and true. Eyes Wide Shut is a film that festers deep inside of you, lingering, lying in wait. It is a film about sex and marriage and fear and shame and horror and accountability.…

• JacquesLEB

★★★½ Watched by JacquesLEB 11 Jul, 2014

Didn't think I would find a movie more obscure and head scratching than 2001, but I think Eyes Wide Shut does that.

• Max

★★★★★ Rewatched by Max 18 Jul, 2014 5

Stanley Kubrick’s controversial and haunting final film so happens to be one of his greatest and most meaningful achievements. With most of his films, Kubrick presented messages about humanity; usually delivered in a cynical manner. In Eyes Wide Shut, Kubrick takes a look at the ruling classes and people’s sexual obsession and jealousy, and it is a depiction as bold and controversial as his others. Eyes Wide Shut gradually unfolds into a nightmare of darkness, wickedness and depravity – even…

• Ingmar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ingmar 17 Jul, 2014 26

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Tyrion Lannister

★★★½ Watched by Tyrion Lannister 17 Jul, 2014

"Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask" - Bane

Now Bane isn't talking about a fancy cult masquerade orgy, but the quote can kind of be related to the movie. But not really.

This movie isn't an erotic film like i thought. If anything it's the opposite. The seemingly most "erotic" scenes were the most eerie and mysterious. The house scene was one of Kubrick's best in terms of direction and creating a eerie atmosphere. The…

• Greg Wright

★★★½ Watched by Greg Wright 17 Jul, 2014

Tom Cruise a.k.a. "Baby Maker"

• James Callahan

★★★★★ Rewatched by James Callahan 16 Jul, 2014 2

Eyes Wide Shut is an intoxicating mystery I’m always longing to revisit. Every viewing reveals new discoveries, and with it, a deeper appreciation of the film. Foregrounded is the story of a marriage on the verge of erosion. We all know that honesty is one of the key requirements of a successful relationship, yet it’s honesty that sets the affluent Dr. Bill Harford on an odyssey of sexual misadventures, which reveals a larger world ruled by forces well outside of his control. Stanley Kubrick’s final masterpiece was considered dated upon its arrival in 1999. In truth, it was actually timeless.

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★★ Rewatched by Derek Diercksmeier 16 Jul, 2014

One of my very favorite films was released 15 years ago.

It's extremely rare that a director's last film is also their greatest, but that's exactly what Kubrick did with "Eyes Wide Shut".

Entrancing and deeply mysterious, this film is an absolute masterpiece.

• nikohendrix

★★★★ Rewatched by nikohendrix 16 Jul, 2014

Gets better with each revisit.

• Josh

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh 15 Jul, 2014

Watched for it's 15th anniversary.