• JC13

★★★★½ Rewatched by JC13 10 Apr, 2014

"Life goes on. It always does, until it doesn't."- Victor Ziegler

Eyes Wide Shut was the final film of one of the most acclaimed directors of all time, Stanley Kubrick. It also seems to be the film of his that gets the most mixed reactions. Some say its his worst some say its one of his best. I think its one of his best. It is a film that gets better every time you watch it because you discover new…

• Jari Kuisma

★★★½ Watched by Jari Kuisma 13 Apr, 2014

Stanley Kubricks last motion picture. For two days I have been thinking what this movie actually is about and what to write about it. I think it's an interesting pondering about motives and and level of will against actions. I think that most cinephiles that appreciate this film are also analyzing all the reoccurring motives of this film: the Christmas trees and masks for example. It was quite long movie and all the people that watched it with me thought…

• johnch

★★★★★ Rewatched by johnch 06 Apr, 2014

meticulous framing of every (haunting) image with some excellent casting.

• Nokhi Ouzbara

★★★★ Watched by Nokhi Ouzbara 09 Apr, 2014

Provocativa, tensa, oscura. La última película de Kubrick era la última que me falta por ver y me arrepiento de haber tardado tanto en verla. La película te lo hace pasar mal como pocas lo consiguen, nunca te da lo que quieres ver, se toma su tiempo, te hace querer dirigirla, que te cuente mas sobre algunos puntos y menos sobre otros, te obliga a divagar mientras te frustra. Y esta realizada con una maestría espectacular. Con una banda sonora muy bien pensada y utilizada que junto a los escenarios no te dejan salir de la historia.

Un diez para Tom Cruise I, el infravalorado.

• Alex Thomas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alex Thomas 08 Apr, 2014

Fantastic film, loses a bit of it's suspense on a re-watch but I did pick up a few other things I missed the first time.

• Chevalier

★½ Added by Chevalier

A soft-core film with hollywood stars, but with about the same ammount of plot and character developement you would expect from a late night cable movie. Oh noes! that spooky piano piece! I BET SOMETHING SPOOKY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN! Oh wait.....is just another shot of Tom Cruise's face looking confuse.

• cineedo
  • Fish

★★★★ Rewatched by Fish 30 Mar, 2014

Starting my Kubrik Blu-Ray boxset, in reverse order due to my girlfriend's request.

So, we start with perhaps Stanley's weirdest, and untimely last entry into his filmography. 'Eyes Wide Shut' is many things, but dull it is not. It can be confusing, bewildering and at times very much overwhelming. It is a tumultuous seething pit of emotion; jealousy, rage, bereavement, loss, passion and intrigue.

I think what makes the film so vivid and believable, is that you can see Cruise…

• rot

★★★★★ Watched by rot 29 Mar, 2014

First-time watch of the Kubrick blu-ray collection in the black boxset and gotta say, the quality of the picture is horrendous. Still a helluva movie.

• arlsvera

★★★ Rewatched by arlsvera 25 Mar, 2014

"Eyes Wide Shut" might have been controversial at the time it was released, but I doubt it would receive the same buzz anymore. I was so unimpressed by the supposed shock factor of this movie. Big yawn.

I do love to watch Tom Cruise in movies - he's a really good looking guy and he can act. The problem with this movie is that it is centered around something that I just don't believe .. Tom Cruise's sexuality. He is…

• Jack Ando

★★★★½ Watched by Jack Ando 23 Mar, 2014

Demands a second viewing. Safe to say that the great Stanley Kubrick went out with a bang. Eyes Wide Shut is terrifying and thought provoking. Tom Cruise's acting was phenomenal.

• Laurence Barber

★★★★½ Watched by Laurence Barber 21 Mar, 2014

The sequence when Bill is first inside the party is as brilliantly done as anything else in...well, ever, really.