• Asti Prasetyo

★★★★ Watched by Asti Prasetyo 22 Oct, 2014

It doesn't involve grande sets, talking robot, or a maze. Only husband and wife. And yet, you know- this is Stanley Kubrick's

• TheUnholyMesiah

★★★★ Added by TheUnholyMesiah

There's a general consensus that when compared to Kubrick's other work, this is one of his lesser films. I'd tend to agree with that, but there are aspects that I really like. And a lesser Kubrick film is still a pretty good film. The problem (I think) is that the running time (159 minutes) is too long for it to be justified.

The other problem is Kubrick died before this was REALLY finished. 2001: A Space Odyssey premiered in New…

• Kurdt

★★★★★ Watched by Kurdt 22 Oct, 2014

"No dream is ever just a dream."

I feel ashamed that it took me this long to watch this masterpiece. I'm still in a state of shock, there's no way I can write a review good enough to do Eyes Wide Shut justice. This film is evil, in the best way possible.

• Anton Amnehagen

★★★★★ Watched by Anton Amnehagen 22 Oct, 2014

One of the most beautiful films I've seen visually. The colors in this thing are outstanding, and the cinematography is just perfect in every single shot. Some truly great set pieces and an atmosphere so brilliantly defined it feels as if you can almost reach out and physically touch it.

Oh, and the score is fantastic!

• Joe Koski

★★★★★ Watched by Joe Koski 21 Oct, 2014

Lets just say that I plan on watching this again soon as I feel if I haven't fully digested all the details there is to offer in Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut. Dark and twisted to the highest degree, all while being pretty damn mesmerizing at about every level imaginable, I cannot wait to dive into more of Stanley Kubrick's work (as of writing this, Eyes Wide Shut is only my second one of his films I've seen and yes, that's quite shameful).

• Martin Kørra

★★★★★ Watched by Martin Kørra 19 Oct, 2014

I am saddened by the fact that Stanley Kubrick was not, in the end, immortal.

• Robert Fuller

★★★★½ Rewatched by Robert Fuller 17 Oct, 2014

I can't quite rationalize my love for this movie, because it works upon me even as I recognize that a lot of it is pretty silly (I'm thinking particularly of the grieving daughter scene, which I always forget about, but I also think Leelee Sobieski's scene is handled rather poorly, and Alan Cumming, amusing as he is, is kind of ridiculous), and that it really has zero insights into sex and sexuality. But no movie has ever said nothing this…

• Brandon

★★★★½ Watched by Brandon 13 Oct, 2014

Eyes Wide Shut is art in its purest form. Stanley Kubrick's final film is a story about wealth and class, more so than an erotic thriller as it was originally interpreted. After reading some analysis of the film, you could write a novel about the meanings and symbolism found in this film. Kubrick always pays great attention to detail, so it takes multiple viewings of his films to fully grasp what his overall goal was. Eyes Wide Shut is no…

• crsumit

★★½ Watched by crsumit 12 Oct, 2014

Watchable .. Slow but moving... Tom cruise you are a gem of an actor

• Dylan Brandsema

★★★★★ Added by Dylan Brandsema

The final film from my favorite director, Stanley Kubrick, Eyes Wide Shut sits among the Top 10 on my favorite movies list, and I suppose it's the only movie in my Top 10 that can be considered "drama", though I always said this movie, like many of Kubrick's other works, doesn't really have a genre. Unlike many of my other favorite films, I loved this film from beginning to end the very first time I saw it, and it's literally…

• Matt R

★★★★½ Watched by Matt R 11 Oct, 2014 1

Jesus tity-fucking christ Kubrick is a goddamn genius. And the score! Oh God the score! The piano was killing me, I loved it! I was completely enthralled from start to finish. I can only imagine the stupid grin I must have had on my face. In true Kubrick fashion, Eyes Wide Shut is another raw and uncut look into the grotesque and brutally primitive depths of human nature. A must see for the mature audience!

• Daryl C

★★★½ Watched by Daryl C 10 Oct, 2014

“don’t you think one of the charms of marriage is that it makes deception a necessity for both parties?”