• Dean Jones

Rewatched by Dean Jones 24 May, 2015 1

i mean damn

• Michael

★★★★ Watched by Michael 23 May, 2015

A really fascinating journey of attempted infidelity, that peels back layers of faithfulness and privilege and is ultimately about relationship with money as much as about relationship with people.

Gorgeously filmed and with great music. Of course.

• Reid

★★★★ Added by Reid

While Eyes Wide Shut isn't exactly perfect, it features some mesmerizing performances and an immersive tone that proves Kubrick's mastery of atmosphere and thematic vision.

• Lisa Gallagher
  • JohnAllegretti

Watched by JohnAllegretti 22 May, 2015

Owned - Blu-Ray

• Paul Davey

★★★★ Watched by Paul Davey 20 May, 2015

Floats through some pretty seedy, yet ultimately gripping, events and locales. Must watch again, but another day.

• R Stefaniuk

★★★★ Rewatched by R Stefaniuk 18 May, 2015

still gold

• Christopher Sorgiovanni

★★★½ Watched by Christopher Sorgiovanni 17 May, 2015 2

This may very well be the definition of a "slow burn". Weirdly though, it's one of Kubrick's more accessible films. At times, it's scarier and more obsessive than THE SHINING.

It's amazing what just the thought of your spouse cheating will do to someone...

Also, it has the perfect final line.

• Josh

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh 16 May, 2015

Tonight is my senior prom that is masquerade themed. So instead of going, I watched this again. For obvious reasons.

• somethingdani

★★ Watched by somethingdani 09 May, 2015

To be fair to my rating, we didn't watch the whole thing. After the 40 minute long confrontation scene at the beginning we started alternating between reading the Wikipedia summary and watching select scenes.

• Jared

★★★★½ Watched by Jared 12 May, 2015

Fidelio.

Stanley Kubrick considered this to be his greatest film. It may be. Though this is not my favorite Kubrick film ( that film is still Clockwork), I can say that this is close third behind Full Metal Jacket. I think that we can all agree that this film is near masterful. Everyone that has seen it can agree that it looks and sounds flawlessly. The score in this film is nothing short of perfect.

Everyone agrees that this is…

• freecialis

★★★½ Watched by freecialis 05 May, 2015

One man's strange, erotic journey from Manhattan to the Mainland.