• KekMaster2

★★★★½ Watched by KekMaster2 02 Dec, 2013

I'd do a review on this if not for the fact that it's 2deep4me

• dustytundra

★★★★ Watched by dustytundra 23 Oct, 2014

I went into this movie knowing nothing except that Stanley Kubrick directed. I had no idea what to expect, seeing as his other movies fucked me up. Sure enough, thinks took a drastic turn.

Do humans have a "primal" need for sex? Are humans "naturally" polygamists? Those are questions that can't even be answered. In a modern world, there are no animalistic instincts except to preserve one's self. The species is lost in its own creations, thinking about what is…

• Sean Sexton

★★★½ Watched by Sean Sexton 11 Nov, 2014

After wife admits to her own fantasies, husband entertains sexual fantasies and discovers group hosting strange orgies

Kubrick is a master filmmaker, but while interesting, "Eyes" feels more like a mental exercise than an engaging story.

Good: Raises interesting questions about attraction and fidelity. Well crafted shots. Excellent performance by Kidman

Bad: Cruise plays Cruise, which detracts from whole. Plot is disjoint and a bit too contrived to engage us.

Rating: 7.1 / 10 (Good)

• Erik Stolpmann

★★★★ Watched by Erik Stolpmann 12 Nov, 2014

Stanley Kubrick is not just another brick in the wall, and this film is further evidence of his departure from recognized genre into a world of boundary-less erotica.

• Chris Ranta

★★★★★ Added by Chris Ranta 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Cody Lang

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cody Lang 11 Nov, 2014

Traumcinema. One long dream film about the perils of infidelity.

• Breanna Justice

★★★★★ Watched by Breanna Justice 01 Oct, 2012

By far Kubrick's most underrated film. Hell, one of the most underrated and misunderstood films in general.

• Ben G

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ben G 01 Nov, 2014

The warm Christmas glow of Stanley Kubrick's final film can't protect you from the chilly, dreamlike, thoroughly singular experience of EYES WIDE SHUT. Although it's not typically included in the top tier of Kubrick's work, It's disturbing, beautiful and a comprehensive summation of what he was capable of as a filmmaker.

• allflicker

★★★★ Added by allflicker

This dream-like puzzle box on sexuality and marriage divides viewers like no other Kubrick film. Its too tame and slow for modern audiences but its deceptively funny and pulls you in.

• Samuel

★★★★★ Watched by Samuel 05 Nov, 2014

Watched for the first time last night. Barely slept. Gonna take a while to wrap my mind around this. NY has never felt so mysterious. The final line was perfect.

• Colin Callaghan

★★★★ Watched by Colin Callaghan 05 Nov, 2014

I really enjoyed this movie, the tone and direction are superb. The attention to detail is phenomenal and the lighting creates an amazing feeling.

I loved it, and im looking forward to diving deep into the hidden meanings and interpretations of the film.

• Benjamin Turnbull

★★★★½ Watched by Benjamin Turnbull 01 Nov, 2014

At TIFF Bell Lightbox with Maxim and Yuki. Introduced by Christiane Kubrick and Jan Harlan as part of the Kubrick exhibit/retrospective. Great Halloween movie. In 35mm.