• Nate

★★★★ Added by Nate

There's a certain awe one has to this film. It's Stanley Kubrick's last, took over two years in development, has the big name star couple, and no one knows ANYTHING about it. All I can say is the movie is a piece of brilliance from a God of a director that will sorely be missed.

The first movie from Kubrick in over a decade comes sweeping in and I couldn't take my eyes off it. The steady cinematography is gorgeous,…

• Jamie Huggett

Watched by Jamie Huggett 26 Sep, 2014

This was unbelievably bad. Such a shame that this turned out to be Kubrick's final film before he died, he deserved to go out on a high rather than with this atrocity.

• nikae

★★★½ Added by nikae

We should be grateful that our secret desires are officially hidden.

• Lee Hultman

★★★★½ Watched by Lee Hultman 07 Sep, 2014

Watching, reading and thinking about this movie has led me to believe this is one of the most intricately crafted films I have ever seen. The number and complexity of layers that this film is operating on is absolutely mind-boggling.

The volumes that could be written about this film whether from a auteurist, feminist, conspiratorial, etc. viewpoint could fill a library. For a quick example, research EWS and symbology or numerology and you, like me, will find yourself in a black hole that will consume you for days after watching.

Fair to say this 4.5'r will get its deserved 5 after the self-imposed mandatory re-watch.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

A dark and enthralling exploration of what it means to literally give yourself to someone else for life and the psychological consequences that may come with it. Kubrick simulates his typical dream-like atmosphere which is perfect for the film as the concept of being 'subconsciously unfaithful' is prominent. Sometimes Eyes Wide Shut seems to be achingly slow and Kidman's performance is often quite grating, but repeat viewings are likely to prove rewarding.

• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 14 Oct, 2013

Great Kubrick's movies...like every Kubrick's movie!

• Adam Cadre

★★★★½ Rewatched by Adam Cadre 25 Jun, 2009

• JUAN PABLO Quiceno

Rewatched by JUAN PABLO Quiceno 14 Sep, 2014

Espectacular ultimo filme de Stanley Kubric te va envolviendo en una trama en apariencia comun y corriente como son las relaciones matrimoniales y la infidelidad, siempre estás con la sensación de que hay algo que el autor quiere que descubramos aunque es a veces difícil seguirle al paso, terminamos involucrados en viajes nocturnos, calles desoladas una banda sonora que hace temblar los huesos para terminar en un tremendo rito illuminati. No cuento más

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Aug, 2010

Eyes Wide Shut is, in my opinion, a criminally underrated masterpiece by one of the greatest filmmakers in history, Stanley Kubrick. His final film is usually dismissed as a minor work of his, but I think it's one of his best. Enigmatic, deliciously suggestive and provocative, thoughtfully intriguing, full of mystery, captivating, and utterly mind-blowing until the very end, this movie was probably the greatest farewell Kubrick could have given us. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman were mesmerizing, while Sydney Pollack was also great in his supporting role.

• Ferre Rodriguez

★★★★★ Watched by Ferre Rodriguez 12 Sep, 2014

"...to be perfectly honest..."

• Dave

★★★★★ Added by Dave

The most haunting film of 1999.

For two and a half hours, we watch Tom Cruise stroll the streets of New York contemplating about sex, dreams and the sanctity of marriage. It's a fascinating art film, drawn with two complex and vivid characters, and accompanied by a spare, memorable soundtrack.

Tom Cruise is terrific here, once again stretching his limits and daring to be unconventional. But it's Nicole Kidman, as always, who just simply knocks me out. Her performance here…

• Jason Lemmon

★★★★ Watched by Jason Lemmon 09 Sep, 2014

There is definitely something extremely magnetic with Kubrik's final film. I'd be hard pressed to find a more suspenseful scene in most any movie than the mansion scene here. However, while I don't think any manner of satire was the intention, I couldn't help but snicker a bit during the scene with Ziegler in the billiard room. It just came off as rather hysterical in it's overly serious manner toward something a bit ridiculous. The mystery still holds, but I…