• Ben Hemphill

★★★★ Watched by Ben Hemphill 09 Feb, 2016

"The important thing is that we're awake now..."

• Ismael Carrasco

★★★★½ Added by Ismael Carrasco

Cult

• HAL_7000

★★★★ Added by HAL_7000

Ein guter Thriller, ein schwacher Kubrick-Film.

Szenarisch und kameratechnisch sitzt Stanley Kubrick mal wieder auf dem Filmethron bei diesem Film und zeigt Leuten wie Spielberg lachend den Mittelfinger.
    Aber für Kubrick selbst eine eher mittelmäßige Leistung.
    Klar, die Bilder sind schön und die Geschichte verwoben, aber irgendwie fehlt Kubricks Botschaft dahinter. Oder sind es die letzten Worte in diesem Film "Wir sollten ficken. Einfach ficken." ?
    Ich hoffe nicht... Ich hoffe einfach mal nicht...

Was der Filme aber meisterhaft bewältigte,…

• iamtommyrobb

★★★★★ Watched by iamtommyrobb 14 Oct, 2015

Such a disturbing movie, I'd highly recommend this to anyone who wants to be unsettled.

Plus one star for a naked Nicole Kidman haha.

• Scott Bailey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Bailey 08 Feb, 2016

How do you review a film like Eyes Wide Shut? It is one of the many Kubrick films that just made me look at film differently, because it is just so unconventional and different. It is one of those films that I love more and more with every re-watch. The film is centred around the married lives of Dr. Bill (Tom Cruise) and Alice Hartford (Nicole Kidman) as they pretty much represent the modern shambolic A-List celebrity couple, they look…

• rossmclochness

★★★★★ Added by rossmclochness

Whether you grew up in an affluent area or not, this movie makes you wonder about all the weird shit the 1% do with their time and power. After you've been informed that most of the city shots are all on a soundstage in England, it makes it seem more like the protagonist's nightmare.

• Ian T. McFarland

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian T. McFarland 31 Jan, 2016

No idea how many times I've seen this movie at this point, but I feel like I'm starting to understand the message Kubrick is trying to deliver here. But that honestly does not matter, because this movie is so gloriously, hiddenly terrifying. It feels like an utter nightmare, and not just during the party scene (although that's obviously a highlight.)

• M. Sean McManus

★★★★ Rewatched by M. Sean McManus 05 Feb, 2016

The more I watch this film, the more I enjoy it. I think I saw this in theaters (I can't quite remember), but I initially remember not liking it. There are so many ideas inside to like about this film, but I still think I'd like to take it into my edit suite and cut around an hour or so out of this.

• Noah

★★★ Watched by Noah 06 Feb, 2016

This is Stanley Kubrick's last film.

It's about sex.

It's ok I guess.

• electra

★★★★ Watched by electra 06 Feb, 2016

wow this was really testing my patience but still. very nice

• Charles Arpin

Added by Charles Arpin

Saw most of it a long time ago so I can't give it a fair rating.

• Jack Godwin

★★★★½ Watched by Jack Godwin 28 Aug, 2015

I wrote about the film in depth here