• Hunter

★★★★★ Watched by Hunter 25 Feb, 2015 2

I have waited a long time for this.

Prelude
    After completing all of Kubrick's films up to Full Metal Jacket, I decided to take a bit of time off before finishing his canon completely. After all, one’s last first Kubrick film will be a sad day, by any standard. Curious about what took so long for a follow up to his damning Vietnam work, I discovered just how close the man came to filming his very own Holocaust-themed picture, an…

• AS

Rewatched by AS 25 Feb, 2015 2

"I need a costume."

• socoolskee

Added by socoolskee

There's something about the paranoid, sleep-like state the characters are in that moved me to the point of shocked tears afterwards - as if the movie got me an uncomfortable emotional release.

• Luca Di-Maio

★★★★½ Watched by Luca Di-Maio 24 Feb, 2015

i think it does really good at showing how unfaithful a man and his wife can be so by him going out and having lots of different women it shows his true side and is really mysterious because he has family too which makes him bad but also good for trying to discover himself

• Imani Chacha

★★★★ Watched by Imani Chacha 21 Feb, 2015

What an eerie, unsettling film. I really appreciate that the whole story is told from Tom Cruise’s perspective and that we only know as much as his character does. It’s such an odd tail that will leave you questioning what was actually occurring. The scene where Bill is confronted at the party is breathtakingly beautiful and one of the most memorably Kubrick scenes.

• ashleylynn73

★★★½ Rewatched by ashleylynn73 10 Feb, 2015

I didn't remember much of this film -- only the scene where Cruise is caressing Kidman in the mirror as I remember hearing that even though they were married they had to be told how to touch each other. Pretty good, as most things with Tom Cruise are. And, of course, it's Kubrick.

• Rodolfo Castrezana

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rodolfo Castrezana 20 Feb, 2015

Último filme do Kubrick, que morreu 5 dias depois de entregar o corte final. Uma viagem no universo das perversões do ser humano. Adoro esse filme.

• Isaiah_Bleu

★★★★★ Watched by Isaiah_Bleu 20 Feb, 2015 2

My favourite Christmas film..

• Joe-Ellen Andrews

★★ Watched by Joe-Ellen Andrews 18 Feb, 2015

I really liked the score, Tom Cruise is very good, and Alan Cumming's general existence is always welcome; but I just found this film very dull and vapid.
    What exactly is Kubrick trying to tell us here? Men are sleazy? Women have sexual fantasies too (but don't be a sex worker or you'll get HIV and overdose on drugs)? Rich people are very secretive about their fairly vanilla sex parties?

• Alexandre Giacomelli

★★★ Rewatched by Alexandre Giacomelli 17 Feb, 2015

Muito interessante, mas deixa a desejar em mutos momentos.

• Silas Borges Monteiro

★★★½ Watched by Silas Borges Monteiro 14 Oct, 2010

Vale a pena.

• Johann Rucker

★★★★½ Watched by Johann Rucker 16 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Lots of Kubrick films are about a protagonist realizing his place in the world. In 2001, Dave comes face to face with infinity and realizes he means nothing. In A Clockwork Orange, it's Alex being force-fed his role as a prole in society. In both Barry Lyndon and The Shining, I think it's Jack and Barry both coming to terms with how they aren't cut out to be fathers. The pattern continues with Eyes Wide Shut, where Tom Cruise's Bill…