• Carson Storey

★★★ Watched by Carson Storey 03 May, 2016

Those of you who've seen this movie can attest to the fact that it's weird. I was following the plot until Tom Cruise stumbled upon a sex cult. Kubrick does some good things stylistically in this movie, but I found the story and themes lacking (a few good moments notwithstanding). However, I'm not going to badmouth Kubrick as he's made some of my favorite movies and is a director I respect. Plus he's way smarter than me. That being said this movie was just over my head, specifically for the time in my life I'm currently at.

• Brandon

★★★★ Added by Brandon

Kubrick's final film might not be on par with some his earlier masterpieces like The Shining or Dr. Strangelove, but this is not a film to ignore. Through his use of Christmas lighting, steadicam shots, dissolves, and lengthy dialogue scenes, Kubrick creates this dreamlike quality to the film. He is able to blur the lines between reality and dream to where by the end of it you aren't entirely sure what was real and what wasn't.

• iksvecjart

★★★★ Watched by iksvecjart 03 May, 2016

What an odd film.

• santikaputra

★★★★½ Added by santikaputra

Kubrick's haunting masterpiece

• alexkeller2018

★★★★★ Added by alexkeller2018

I agree with Kubrick here. This is his finest contribution to film. I'll tell you what. There are few movies more intense than this. It leaves you paranoid with a chaotic, disorderly feeling in your gut. And I gotta hand it to Kubrick. I imagine it's pretty hard to make sex seem like it's a scary thing. He does it though. When I was watching this, I watched it when I was tired. Which I recommend. The feeling of insomnia…

• PaulSchal

★★★★½ Watched by PaulSchal 01 May, 2016

4,25

Alice Harford: I do love you and you know there is something very important we need to do as soon as possible.
    Dr. Bill Harford: What's that?
    Alice Harford: Fuck.

• Noah Wilson

★★★★★ Watched by Noah Wilson 01 May, 2016

I've been giving a lot of 5 Stars lately, but Eyes Wide Shut is legitimately one of the most unique, tense, powerful films I've ever seen.  You know how in good movies everyone always talks about that one shot? That one long, tracking shot that stands out against the entire rest of the movie? This film manages to keep that unique camerawork up through the entire thing, and that's not even the highlight. Kubrick draws an outstanding performance out of…

• K Gopal Krishna

★★★★ Watched by K Gopal Krishna 01 May, 2016

The mind numbing music flows like a river through you. Bookings are made in advance for various channels in several degrees, with no higher motive but merely to crush the living force of your wit and every theory it attempts to cook up, trying to earn back the comfort it possessed in whilst of Kidman's seduction. Cruise reflects a lost husband, in equal measures as the viewer's power to decrypt. Depressed, he walks around the streets of York at night…

• Courtney Whitlock

★★★½ Watched by Courtney Whitlock 30 Apr, 2016

The guy from Darhma & Greg got to be in a Stanley Kubrick movie & I did not.

• indianajonesjnr

★★★★★ Added by indianajonesjnr

This was Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece.

• AmandaRenee

★★★★½ Added by AmandaRenee

Movie full of symbols which make it special and worth watching. Tom and Nicol were brilliant n this movie which would not be as good without them as protagonists. It is a slow movie that gets a tad boring here and there, but overall it is definitely worth watching.

• SpringwdSlasher

★★★★★ Watched by SpringwdSlasher 27 Apr, 2016

I'm never getting married.