• Melanie Knits

★★★★★ Added by Melanie Knits

I freaking love this movie and if you asked me why I'd point you to the two incredibly long conversations Tom Cruise has with Kidman and Pollack. Stanley Kubrick pulled off one last masterpiece.

• SpeedinUptoStop

★★★★½ Watched by SpeedinUptoStop 29 Oct, 2014

GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN

• jesse zuul

★★★★★ Watched by jesse zuul 26 Oct, 2014

i dont believe in anything anymore

• hydra815

★★★★★ Added by hydra815

It comes as no surprise to me that my favourite film of Stanley Kubrick's is also his most existentialist. Many of his fans are obsessed with the form and mystery of his work, the attention to detail and the air of importance that runs like a power line throughout all of his work but whilst all of these seem to be valid compliments of an obviously important director, it always had an adverse effect on his characters to me. It…

• Ben Casey

★★★½ Watched by Ben Casey 24 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 25 Oct, 2014

This was Stanley Kubrick last film and boy didn't he end with a bang.

The story is about a New York doctor takes a trip to a seedy, decadent and dark part of life after his wife admits she almost cheated on him.

When this movie first came out most of the viewing auditions thought to themselves "What the hell was all that about?". Even I thought that at the first, until I sawed it again for the second time…

• Asti Prasetyo

★★★★ Watched by Asti Prasetyo 22 Oct, 2014

It doesn't involve grande sets, talking robot, or a maze. Only husband and wife. And yet, you know- this is Stanley Kubrick's

• TheUnholyMesiah

★★★★ Added by TheUnholyMesiah

There's a general consensus that when compared to Kubrick's other work, this is one of his lesser films. I'd tend to agree with that, but there are aspects that I really like. And a lesser Kubrick film is still a pretty good film. The problem (I think) is that the running time (159 minutes) is too long for it to be justified.

The other problem is Kubrick died before this was REALLY finished. 2001: A Space Odyssey premiered in New…

• Kurdt

★★★★★ Watched by Kurdt 22 Oct, 2014

"No dream is ever just a dream."

I feel ashamed that it took me this long to watch this masterpiece. I'm still in a state of shock, there's no way I can write a review good enough to do Eyes Wide Shut justice. This film is evil, in the best way possible.

• Anton Amnehagen

★★★★★ Watched by Anton Amnehagen 22 Oct, 2014

One of the most beautiful films I've seen visually. The colors in this thing are outstanding, and the cinematography is just perfect in every single shot. Some truly great set pieces and an atmosphere so brilliantly defined it feels as if you can almost reach out and physically touch it.

Oh, and the score is fantastic!

• Joe Koski

★★★★★ Watched by Joe Koski 21 Oct, 2014

Lets just say that I plan on watching this again soon as I feel if I haven't fully digested all the details there is to offer in Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut. Dark and twisted to the highest degree, all while being pretty damn mesmerizing at about every level imaginable, I cannot wait to dive into more of Stanley Kubrick's work (as of writing this, Eyes Wide Shut is only my second one of his films I've seen and yes, that's quite shameful).

• Martin Kørra

★★★★★ Watched by Martin Kørra 19 Oct, 2014

I am saddened by the fact that Stanley Kubrick was not, in the end, immortal.