• Julian Philip Nevill

★★★★★ Watched by Julian Philip Nevill 02 Oct, 2015

Only a director who never takes off his sunglasses could make a movie this cool.

• stephendanay

★★★ Watched by stephendanay 30 Sep, 2015

I loved the music in this, and a lot of the stylistic flourishes, and just how 90s it was, but I never really connected with any of the characters or what passed for the plot. Probably the wrong Wong Kar Wai to start with.

That last shot is a doozy though.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★½ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 30 Sep, 2015

An entertaining "lesser" film from Wong Kar-Wai Leon Lai is pretty good in the lead role.

• gmosalad

★★★★★ Watched by gmosalad 26 Sep, 2015

"Has anyone in Hong Kong ever died from too much ice cream? I don't want to be the first."

Wow. I finally watched this. It's basically my personal tastes distilled into one movie. That's all I can say for now.

• Eli H

★★★★ Watched by Eli H 20 Sep, 2015

I love Wai's frantic women. Also how did he shoot the bike scenes???

• inri222

★★ Watched by inri222 18 Sep, 2015

Wong Kar-Wai's follow up to Chungking Express tells the story of two men who lead chaotic lives. One of them is about a hitman who is trying to change his life by going straight, and the other is a mute who has fallen in love for the first time. It has some interesting moments but tries too hard to be cool with its rebellious twenty something characters, disjointed storyline and wacky wide angle cinematography. Jean-Luc Godard and Seijun Suzuki would not be impressed

• ben

★★★★½ Watched by ben 19 Sep, 2015 3

Wong Kar-Wai just makes you want to fall in love within the labyrinthine Hong Kong. The last five minutes of Fallen Angels are perhaps the best closing moments in a film I've ever seen. Who knows whose elbow you might brush past? Embrace the mystery.

The only other comment I have on this film is that I don't know if I've ever seen a more beautiful father-son relationship illustrated with such minimalism. It's so simple and profound yet obviously not shallow. What is it about the fuzzy haze of VHS that causes such bittersweet inner pangs for the past? Bleh, I'm too sentimental ;)

• limbert

★★★★★ Added by limbert

A great film.

• hihihihihihi

★★★★ Watched by hihihihihihi 16 Sep, 2015

The movie is like watching a dream slowly unraveling - and what you're seeing is what you're piecing together after waking up. Details are unclear - but you get the gist of what's going on.

Some characters are played by different people but they are in spirit the same person. At least that's the way i see Fallen Angels. You could watch it from a few different ways. You could see each character as their own or you could kinda…

• Jorge Pardo M.

★★★ Watched by Jorge Pardo M. 14 Sep, 2015

No sé si reprocharle algo o qué, pero es que se parece mucho a otras películas de su filmografía y...

Eso sí, nadie trata las relaciones del modo en que lo hace Kar-wai.

• Zach Evans

★★★★★ Watched by Zach Evans 31 Aug, 2015

Apparently this was originally supposed to be another segment of Wong Kar Wai's previous film (and one of my all time favorites) Chungking Express, which makes a lot of sense given that they're very similar in theme and story structure, and also explains why I liked it so much. The emotional resonance is back in the moodiness and aimlessness of the characters, and it once again the movie really nails that feeling of missed connections that I liked in the…

• Daniel Mármol

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Mármol 10 Sep, 2015

Todavía trato de acostumbrarme al estilo de Kar Wai Wong, ese que como en Chungking Express, tenía sus altibajos en cuanto a narrativa y situaciones bastante iverosimiles, pero que al final, con esos movimientos de cámaras y la selección tan acertada de su soundtrack, ha terminado por gustarme más de lo que posiblemente debería.

Fallen Angels posee casi la misma estructura que Chungking Express, pero para mí es un poco más superior que esta última. Siento a los personajes más…