• Billy

★★★½ Watched by Billy 30 Mar, 2015

A shittier version of Chungking Express.
    Endings to the stories were nice.

• ayylmao233

★★★★½ Watched by ayylmao233 24 Mar, 2015

Excellent. A great look at the lives of a group of interesting characters, very well directed by Wong Kar-Wai. Also well written and acted, with very vibrant and energetic cinematography, definitely worth watching.

• nicolaa

★★★★ Added by nicolaa

yeahhh this was fantastic. im really loving war kai wong's work a lot. everything is visually so beautiful and surreal, void-like i guess, and i love his characters.

• Cameron Morewood

★★★½ Watched by Cameron Morewood 17 Mar, 2015

While similar to Chungking Express in terms of its dual narratives, Fallen Angels, while still entertaining and possessing a handful of great characters, isn't as focused as that film. Wong Kar Wai goes overboard stylistically with this one. He feels more focused on attempting to bend the camera in the coolest way possible than he does on ensuring his camera movements are relevant to what he's attempting to convey in terms of narrativity. At times the camerawork was quite beautiful,…

• Steven Twatmuch

★★★½ Watched by Steven Twatmuch 23 Mar, 2015

Silly boy, people don't need their hair cut like that. Oh and nice troll face mate.

• MIRIAM

★★★★ Watched by MIRIAM 17 Mar, 2015

March Around the World 2015: #16 Hong Kong
    Guidelines

Fallen Angels was one of the few main Wong Kar-wai films I had yet to see and while it lived up to the WKW standard, it didn't charm or move me as much as my favorites In the Mood for Love, Chungking Express, and Happy Together. Wong Kar-wai's strength lies in his ability to create mood and atmosphere, to immerse you completely in them--usually cramped, city spaces filled with people and…

• J. J. Wright

★★★½ Watched by J. J. Wright 08 Mar, 2015 1

Of all of Wong Kar-Wai's films, this is definitely one of them.

• Emmalee

★★★★★ Rewatched by Emmalee

Wong Kar-wai makes everything look so fucking cool

• jeffbbz

★★★★ Watched by jeffbbz 02 Feb, 2008

Really nice Wong and Doyle times. However, I'm glad he moved away from the action type stuff. I wonder if Fulltime Killer was partially inspired by this?

Nice stuff.

• wockerdaw

★★★★★ Watched by wockerdaw 01 Mar, 2015

The cinematography, the editing, the love that doesn't last, the love that comes out of nowhere... I fucking love this movie.

• Matt Abrahamson

★★★ Watched by Matt Abrahamson 21 Feb, 2015

Similar in style and energy to Chungking Express, but I just couldn't latch on to any of the characters. Fallen Angels focuses one three people who just slightly connect throughout the film. They are all lonely and they are all psychopaths. Narration and music lyrics play a main role in the films focus on existentialism. "In 100 years these people will just become history." I felt that the mute character veered to close to slapstick and the only thing that kept me entertained throughout the movie were the visuals.

• Ryan Michaels

★★★★★ Watched by Ryan Michaels 21 Feb, 2015

Wong Kar-Wai just may be my favorite director on the planet.