• pirs

★★★★★ Watched by pirs 24 Apr, 2015

"The night's full of weirdos."

Wong Kar Wai's weirdos are night owls desperate for love, companionship, money, work. His direction, shots, framing and soundtrack is unique; charming and stylish to the max.

Hard not fall in love with this one.

• reba

★★½ Watched by reba 24 Apr, 2015

Always feel let down a bit by foreign films, I just feel like I'm missing out a bit; I'm always so conscious that the subtitles might not be right or I'm missing out on a key cultural or cinematic reference. Then again maybe I was just texting too much through this one.

• Henna Y.

★★★★ Watched by Henna Y. 20 Apr, 2015

All those cigarettes made me want to take up smoking tbh.

This movie felt the most "Wong Kar Wai" out of all the Wong Kar Wai movies I've watched, from the dizzying camera movement and extreme close-ups to the neon colors and groovy music. Could be because this is the third one I've watched. Thematically, Fallen Angels is sibling to Chungking Express (complete with a nod to pineapples) but I liked this one better, if only by a small margin.…

• Marcel Geiger

★★★ Watched by Marcel Geiger 06 Apr, 2015

Nicht so charmant wie sein Vorgänger, sehr dystopisch und zerstört, die Menschen wie die Welt in der sie sich bewegen. Und doch steckt immer dieses romantische Element dahinter.

• JohnAllegretti

Watched by JohnAllegretti 22 Nov, 2014

QVCC Library - DVD

• Steve Sandberg

★★★½ Watched by Steve Sandberg 06 Apr, 2015

I haven't had a cigarette in over 5 years, this movie really made me want one. Like, that's all I could think of past a certain point.

• ViolinsByNight

Added by ViolinsByNight

Oh now this is annoying.

• Billy

★★★½ Watched by Billy 30 Mar, 2015

A shittier version of Chungking Express.
    Endings to the stories were nice.

• ayylmao233

★★★★½ Watched by ayylmao233 24 Mar, 2015

Excellent. A great look at the lives of a group of interesting characters, very well directed by Wong Kar-Wai. Also well written and acted, with very vibrant and energetic cinematography, definitely worth watching.

• nicolaa

★★★★ Added by nicolaa

yeahhh this was fantastic. im really loving war kai wong's work a lot. everything is visually so beautiful and surreal, void-like i guess, and i love his characters.

• Cameron Morewood

★★★½ Watched by Cameron Morewood 17 Mar, 2015

While similar to Chungking Express in terms of its dual narratives, Fallen Angels, while still entertaining and possessing a handful of great characters, isn't as focused as that film. Wong Kar Wai goes overboard stylistically with this one. He feels more focused on attempting to bend the camera in the coolest way possible than he does on ensuring his camera movements are relevant to what he's attempting to convey in terms of narrativity. At times the camerawork was quite beautiful,…

• Steven Twatmuch

★★★½ Watched by Steven Twatmuch 23 Mar, 2015

Silly boy, people don't need their hair cut like that. Oh and nice troll face mate.