• Tyrion Lannister

★★★½ Watched by Tyrion Lannister 26 Jul, 2014

I've been meaning to watch Wong Kar Wai's movies for a while. For some reason the thought just came to me to check Netflix. Lo and behold a decent amount of his movies are on there. I chose this one first. I found out that it was a loose sequel to one of his other movies too late to stop watching. Oh well.

I enjoyed this movie. There was a lot that it did right, but some things that I…

• Stribit

★★★★ Watched by Stribit 25 Jul, 2014

encounters in the city

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 04 Jul, 2014 2

“No matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, there are some things we can never assign to oblivion, memories we can never rub away.” ― Haruki Murakami

What a beautiful mess...Cutting back and forth between disconnected lives Wong Kar Wai follows up Chungking Express with this pop montage bursting at it seams like a volcano...He juxtaposes tender moments of lives lost in the vast cities with kinetic camerawork and a pulsating background score...

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

A beautiful study of life in the never ending bees nest we call cities. Love is lost, worn and kills us all in the end.

• kkkim

★★★★½ Added by kkkim

Takeshi Kaneshiro is adorable as fuck.

• Lars Sieval

★★★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 25 Jun, 2014

Well, I don't know what to say. This was like one big trip that strung you along with to stories. It was interesting and it made me want to see more from Wong Kar-wai. So I guess it did what it had to do?

• Henrik Løberg

★★★½ Watched by Henrik Løberg 22 Jun, 2014

The mood that Wong Kar-Wai creates in Fallen Angels is quite outstanding. The vibrant colors, the urban nightscape, the way the camera moves and the way music is used makes for a mood that's almost surrealistic, but unfortunately, for me, the characters are never that interesting, making for an engaging, but rather uninteresting experience.

And now I really want to see Chungking Express again.

• justinC

★★★½ Watched by justinC 19 Jun, 2014

The streets of Hong Kong are Wong Kar-Wai's playground!
    Energetic, colorful, full throttle characters with Christopher Doyle's camera makes Fallen Angels a visual spectacle.

• Milez Das

★★★★★ Watched by Milez Das 19 Jun, 2014 3

Wong Kar-wai = Brilliant, Master and Innovative and Exemplary.

Story = Brilliant

Music = Brilliant

Performances = Brilliant

Camera Work = Brilliant

Another masterpiece by Wong Kar-Wai.

Two stories. Love,loss,redemption,living life.

One of the scenes I loved the most was when the guy with long hair comes to the ice cream truck and Ho Chi Moo drags him in and makes him eat all the ice cream he has.

Takeshi Kaneshiro has played his character brilliantly and a character to be remembered.

The last scene of this movie is so lovely that I savoured it.

• Brian

★★★½ Watched by Brian 10 Jun, 2014

This is one 90's-ass 90's movie.

Like all of Wong Kar-Wai's movies I've seen, I think the cinematography is gorgeous, I love the camera moves and the characters are interesting.

But his fucking insistence on using that fucking shitty, blurry, choppy slo-mo effect is fucking infuriating. It looks like dry, honey roasted ass. And using it on an action scene is even worse.

If not for that, I would've liked this movie a lot more, despite being everything about 90's…

• Nick C.

★★★★½ Added by Nick C.

Nobody makes movies like Wong Kar-Wai. He is a master.
    The semi-seaquel to Chunking Express, Fallen Angels, is oozing with cool. The style in this movie, and in most of Wong Kar-Wai's movies, is unmatched by anyone working today.

Tarantino wishes.

There are a few violent action sequences in Fallen Angels, but unlike many of Quentin Tarantino's movies, it isn't what carries the film. What makes this film shine is its quirky characters and the way that the story intimately…

• Kelly Magovern

★★★½ Watched by Kelly Magovern 07 Jun, 2014

Michelle Reis is ten types of good-looking (I have no idea what that means, but that's the thought that came to my head). I wish the whole movie was about her character, although I did really love the touching storyline involving the mute and his father.