• wockerdaw

★★★★★ Watched by wockerdaw 01 Mar, 2015

The cinematography, the editing, the love that doesn't last, the love that comes out of nowhere... I fucking love this movie.

• Matt Abrahamson

★★★ Watched by Matt Abrahamson 21 Feb, 2015

Similar in style and energy to Chungking Express, but I just couldn't latch on to any of the characters. Fallen Angels focuses one three people who just slightly connect throughout the film. They are all lonely and they are all psychopaths. Narration and music lyrics play a main role in the films focus on existentialism. "In 100 years these people will just become history." I felt that the mute character veered to close to slapstick and the only thing that kept me entertained throughout the movie were the visuals.

• Ryan Michaels

★★★★★ Watched by Ryan Michaels 21 Feb, 2015

Wong Kar-Wai just may be my favorite director on the planet.

• JayKay99

★★★ Watched by JayKay99 19 Feb, 2015 2

Stylish, interesting camera work and editing but no substance to the story.

• Josh Madsen

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Madsen 16 Feb, 2015

I've always been intrigued by my dreams, sometimes even more so than my own life. There's something fascinating about the mind generating people that you've never met before, or had never bothered to get to know, creating personalities that would seem so vivid that I would wake up wondering if there isn't someone exactly like that in reality. Alas, those imaginary figures are never to be met again as I go from one dream to the next. I have seen…

• megann

★★★ Watched by megann 14 Feb, 2015

Wong Kar Wai does it again with his skewed, blurred shots of many social vices, coupled with the occasional jazz or rock song and the hazy glimpses of high ISO. It's different but the same, many elements (interestingly or not) are repeated and motifs seen in other films reappear again, like mysterious girl/lovelorn boy/smoking/smoking/smoking.

So much smoking.

• lunac

★★★★★ Added by lunac

This is my favourite film. It's everything I want in a film. I love the music, the colours and cinematography, the feeling of it all. Night and neon and alienation like in so many other films, but in this one it somehow feels so sincere. I never get tired of watching this. & the end scene is perfect.

• Fat_Alberta

★★★★★ Rewatched by Fat_Alberta 12 Feb, 2015 3

Realizations I have reached from watching Fallen Angels:

1. Watching it really makes me crave noodles.
    2. Watching it actually has the power to drive me to make noodles.
    3. I'm really bad at making noodles since I use too much pepper and the noodles turn out too soft.
    4. I don't really mind since they're my noodles, goddamn it.
    5. That Asian chick who masturbates on the hitman's bed is really, really, ridiculously good-looking.
    6. I should not watch…

• Barbara Henry

★★★★½ Watched by Barbara Henry 06 Feb, 2015

Wong Kar-Wai is, according to Quentin Tarantino, "the coolest director on the planet." This movie, "Fallen Angels" was very-in-your-face weird, fascinating, brutal, gorgeous, jumpy, and emotional. To me, it was "about" alienation, not only between people, but also between our lives and our histories, "real" action and recorded realities, the social contract and what has become our peculiar self-centered patterns ... Heavy stuff, actually, and spell-binding. I know I will be watching it again.

• Dave Bobowski

★★★½ Watched by Dave Bobowski 07 Feb, 2015

74/100

• Chris Salt

★★★★ Watched by Chris Salt 06 Feb, 2015

I was a bit up and down with this. For a while I was swept along by the ludicrously cool look of the whole thing, then the cracks started to appear and I found myself wishing that we could maybe just have a tiny bit of story and perhaps a bit less of the music video stuff, then it started to pull back together again. And then, right at the end, there is the most ridiculous yet perfect choice of song to end it all, and everything was right with the world.

• JC13

★★★★ Watched by JC13 01 Feb, 2015

"I'm a lazy person. I like people to arrange things for me. That's why I need a partner."- Wong Chi-Ming

Fallen Angels is Wong Kar-Wai's sort-of-sequel to Chungking Express. I thought it was just as good to be honest. (I would say I slightly prefer Chungking though.) Fallen Angels has great camerawork and some pretty great music too. The narrative is also pretty unique. It's not great, but I enjoyed Fallen Angels quite a bit. 7.5/10