• OMC

★★★★★ Added by OMC 1

Often the first film you actually see of an adventerous director makes the deepest impression. This happened with me and Wong Kar-Wai. I saw Fallen Angels first, which completely blew me away, and after that its spiritual and stylistic predecessor Chungking Express just felt slightly disappointing. Having seen both movies a couple of times now the difference is quite obvious: the imagery of Fallen Angels is more exciting, the structurally the stories work better and personally the ‘California Dreaming’ part…

• Mark Boszko

★★★★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 18 Jan, 2016

Entranced.

Cleaning. Another dime. Blondie. The birthday video. Entrancing, all of it.

• JN

★★★★★ Watched by JN 06 Jan, 2015

Ah! Loved this movie. An eccentric Wong Ker Wai movie about urban loneliness and the existential crisis of living so close together but feeling so alone.

The film-making is unafraid and wonderfully observant.

• neos300

★★★★★ Rewatched by neos300 13 Jan, 2016

still the best

• AngelsArcanum

★★★★★ Rewatched by AngelsArcanum 15 Dec, 2015

A hitman of few words, a vocation of destroying lives to earn money and prolong your own livelihood. A job that requires a certain apathy or distaste for your fellow man, whether you must bury your sadness or you simply don't care.

The Killer, or his apparent human name: Wong Chi-Ming strolls through the night, from hit to hit and back home again. We are told he had some backstory, he was an innocent child known by his namesake at…

• Ellie Namatinia

★★★★★ Watched by Ellie Namatinia 06 Dec, 2015

I really feel as if there are no words I could possibly use to explain how much I loved this film.

• Kainoa

★★★★★ Watched by Kainoa 27 Aug, 2015

It feels weird how a "sequel" trumps its predecessor. Fallen Angels, in all its obscure glory and form perfectly captures the loneliness and restlessness of young adults in an urban jungle. It moves in a pace that goes along with the characters' desire and the camera frames their faces full of longing with intensity.

• Hector_S

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hector_S 23 Nov, 2015

Extraodinary movie about loneliness in a big city.

• Féry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Féry 07 Nov, 2015

I love movies about me.

• Miami Conroy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Miami Conroy 09 Oct, 2015

I feel like a baby worm who has not yet experienced this cruel world......

• Julian Philip Nevill

★★★★★ Watched by Julian Philip Nevill 02 Oct, 2015

Only a director who never takes off his sunglasses could make a movie this cool.

• gmosalad

★★★★★ Watched by gmosalad 26 Sep, 2015

"Has anyone in Hong Kong ever died from too much ice cream? I don't want to be the first."

Wow. I finally watched this. It's basically my personal tastes distilled into one movie. That's all I can say for now.