• Will ML

★★★★★ Rewatched by Will ML 12 Feb, 2016 1

Criminally under-discussed/revered, Falling Down for several years has been one of my all time favorite films. Far too many people take this film in based on just its outer level, an entertaining guy slowly losing his shit, which is fulfilling in its own right, but here there's so much more. The themes of family and basic relationships between a husband and wife, the political and social commentary, the filmmaking homages.

grade A for Awesomeness with heart.

I've actually just realized its like the Revenant where there's one final match at the end. Just swap Hardy and Duvall and Leo and Douglass. Haha.

• Lonnie

★★★★★ Added by Lonnie

The Joker once said that we’re all one bad day away from being just like him. Falling Down exemplifies this notion – Michael Douglas’s character is just a regular dude who falls down a rabbit hole of misfortune and bad decisions after some very terrible luck. He doesn’t consider himself a bad man, he’s just in a bad world. But he does do some very bad things. Robert Duvall is beaten down by the world in other ways and is his unassuming best as the good cop nobody respects. A terrifically well put together picture that never aims to excuse the protagonist’s behavior, just explain it.

• KKo

★★★★ Watched by KKo 30 Jan, 2016

Fucking life, nosaka galvenais varonis pamezdams mašīnu sastrēguma vidū, es eju mājās!

• Vinny Thornburg

★★★★½ Rewatched by Vinny Thornburg 23 Jan, 2016

I still don't know how my psychology teacher got away with showing this to us back in high school. It's not clean. It's not safe. It's a dark comedy that quickly makes you feel bad for laughing right after.

Falling Down achieves its purpose much more than other films of its ilk, as exposes the American dream for being something less than what it was sold as. Michael Douglas's character isn't just watching his dream die in front of him…

• John Uptergrove

★★★★ Watched by John Uptergrove 12 Jan, 2016

It would have been nice to see Michael Douglass take some more complex roles in his prime like this one, it seems like he went for a lot of safe generic roles for a lot of his career.

• Daniel Symonds

★★★★½ Watched by Daniel Symonds 19 Jan, 2016

Watch out, man in tie
    Michael Douglas is about
    Gym bags are dangerous

• Piers Dennis

★★ Watched by Piers Dennis 16 Jan, 2016

Consistently unpleasant and repetitive, Falling Down follows Michael Douglas as a tantrum-throwing, all-American terrorist, and paints a depressing, sun-kissed image of Los Angeles, populated by dull and unlikable characters.

And anyone who wants to debate whether or not a man pulling out a machine gun in a crowded restaurant is a terrorist or not has as much growing up to do as Douglas' character.

• Rti03

★★★ Watched by Rti03 12 Jan, 2016

”It says all that? Well, maybe if you wrote it in fucking English, I could fucking understand it.”

D-Fense may well be immensely disturbed and unbalanced; as a matter of fact he’s borderline psychotic and no one can really argue against that, yet there’s something that makes us empathize and even admire him. We’re talking about a man of erratic, drastic, violent behavior and still, in spite of all, we still somehow relate and understand his conflict. We connect with…

• Ashley Norris

★★★ Watched by Ashley Norris 02 Jan, 2016

Michael Douglas's lead character isn't meant to be liked nor agreed with in his most extreme opinions ('come to my country and don't speak English') but there's an awkwardness around it because it's a cathartic journey for him and the audience. It's awkward to know that characters see him as the one to agree with and definitely do so with those type of opinions. Other than that, it's a film about a man reaching boiling point in an attempt to…

• Yuri90

★★★½ Watched by Yuri90 03 Jan, 2016

Se questa è ordinaria follia non oso immaginare la straordinaria :asd:

• Katie

★½ Added by Katie

Bei den ganzen hohen Bewertungen und begeisterten Kommentaren fühle ich mich irgendwie genötigt einen Kommentar zu meiner dürftigen Bewertung abzugeben. Nicht dass am Ende jemand einen auf Michael Douglas macht und mit einer Bazooka vor mir steht...

Vielleicht habe ich den Film in der falschen Stimmung geschaut, vielleicht hatte ich etwas anderes erwartet, ich weiß es nicht. Fakt ist: ich verstehe den Gedanken hinter dem Film, ich sehe die Gesellschaftskritik und die Probleme, die Douglas in seiner Rolle mit sich…

• robert_holly