• David

★★½ Rewatched by Robert Frost 20 Apr, 2014

Consistently engaging.

• Alex Billington

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alex Billington 20 Apr, 2014

Such a great movie, perfectly setup and the script is brilliant. Michael Douglas is such a badass. Cult classic that goes beyond just LA. See it if you haven't.

• Metin Seven

★★★★ Added by Metin Seven

The main character's everyday-life irritations are so recognizable. I have to think about this movie a lot in daily life.

• Mitchell Beaupre

★★ Watched by Mitchell Beaupre 16 Apr, 2014

A decent premise but it's not enough to sustain an entire picture on that alone and so instead they fill it with the rote, conventional "detective on his last day" plotline with Robert Duvall's character and about five too many scenes with Barbara Hershey who is required to do the exact same thing on repeat the entire movie. Michael Douglas is fine, there are some pretty amusing scenes every so often and it does say some mildly interesting things about…

• Chevalier

★★★½ Added by Chevalier

Middle age crisis gone very much wrong for a man who was trapped in a bubble for most part of his life. Just to eventually wake up, forced to face reality. D-FENSE lashes his frustrations at the world, at the wrong targets, but there's no catharsis in his fury. Yet the movie doesn't ask pity from the audience. It wants to make us understand his frustrations, to feel empathy, not sympathy.

• E Harrison

★★ Watched by E Harrison 07 Apr, 2014

this is like basically a look at eighties-era angry white conservative dudes who feel gypped by the system, and as such is pretty uninteresting. watching D-Fens (the central guy) throw progressively more destructive tantrums is like watching a baby draw on your walls, and robert duvall's investigation is way more focused on his impending retirement than moving the story forward. it's got a few pretty lucid, biting moments, but overall kind of a wash

• johnch

★★★½ Watched by johnch 03 Apr, 2014

Douglas is great and the film and D-Fens' anger for all the comedic moments it provides remains relevant today. Duvall's performance is good enough to make us forget what a cliche his character is.

• Pyrohemian

★★½ Watched by Pyrohemian 26 Mar, 2014

I'm not sure why but something about the tone of this movie really rubbed me the wrong way. It's a competent film in nearly every aspect but just something about how the film deals with Michael Douglas's character just feels off in a way that made me feel sick in my stomach.

• Gorjan

★★★½ Watched by Gorjan 02 Apr, 2014

This movie starts out exactly like Office Space!

• Kyle Rogers

★★★★ Added by Kyle Rogers

A dark comedy with something interesting to say about the middle years, Falling Down remains to this day the sole film I've enjoyed by the bombastic Joel Schumacher. It's pretty much a cult film today, and while I enjoy it immensely, Falling Down is a flawed film, mostly due to the final act. Still, Michael Douglas is brilliant in showing a calm sense of irreverence to everything going on after all of the shit in his life piled up around him to his breaking point. Just make sure you know it's all satire and not meant to be taken seriously.

• yurik09

★★★★ Added by yurik09 2

One of my favourite Michael Douglas performances. A story that is still very relevant today i think. A re-watch needed