• Erik Stolpmann

★★★ Watched by Erik Stolpmann 14 Aug, 2014

You probably won't like Michael Douglas in Falling Down, but you probably won't hate him, either. He is something of an anti-hero, although one that encompasses the rage against our consumeristic society that dictates the narrative. It is more tame than one might think, but delivers several tense scenes that will reveal the growing decay in Douglas' character alongside the growing decay of society around him.

• Sarah Collins

★★★½ Watched by Sarah Collins 09 Aug, 2014

Has everything I need in a film. I really enjoyed this, Michael Douglas is not someone I rate highly at all but this kinda changed my opinion. It's angst and anger worked fantastic and the script was pretty top notch too.

• Chris Hodgson

★★½ Added by Chris Hodgson

Shows its age badly but Douglas is still solid despite the character starting off as incredibly unsympathetic. His racist tirade in the Korean grocery store felt so bizarre through 2014 eyes that by the time we got to the army surplus Nazi, I first wondered if the Douglas character was going to make friends with him and "shoot some faggots." It didn't come to that of course but that leaves the question, which side are we supposed to be sitting?…

• Maxim

★★★★★ Watched by Maxim 09 Aug, 2014

"And now you're gonna die, wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?"

• cwsmith

★½ Watched by cwsmith 08 Aug, 2014

lol this terrible thing is basically Tea Party Asshole: The Movie. There might be an interesting movie in here if we weren't clearly supposed to identify with Douglas' protagonist, but man, it's been a long 20 years.

• Jason Ooi

★★★★ Watched by Jason Ooi 06 Aug, 2014

Falling Down is the movie that does what everyone wants to do but legally can't. It follows Michael Douglas as he finds and lashes out at all of the flaws in society, doing things that the average law abiding citizen only wishes that he could do.

This movie really reminded me of a Coen Brothers flick; the heavy use of dialogue, the color correction, the subtle humor, and the quirky dialogue really make this movie amazing. Also, the diner scene…

• Joseph Blackwell

★★★★ Watched by Joseph Blackwell 22 Jul, 2014

A very cynical look at the fractured reality of the American Dream anchored by a strong performance from Michael Douglas in Los Angeles painted as a sweltering hellhole. For a studio released film with a big star and Joel Schumacher directing no less, it sets itself apart with its bleak tone and pitch black comedy. Worth a watch definitely.

• Evan

★★★★ Watched by Evan 17 Jul, 2014 2

Sometimes you just have to let off some steam.

Out of what I've seen so far this is Joel Schumacher's best film.

• MovingPictures

★★★★ Watched by MovingPictures 14 Jul, 2014

Really excellent!
    Michael Douglas, Robert Duvall, Barbara Hershey, Rachel Ticotin, Tuesday Weld.
    Felt a connection to DEATH WISH (1974), although FALLLING DOWN is much more coherent. It is remarkable how one DOES identify and even sympathise with both Charles Bronson, in DEATH WISH, and Michael Douglas, in FALLING DOWN, but would NOT do or defend what they actually do on the screen, and how that might be just the thing that makes us different from the nazi surplus store owner…

• Jonathan

★★★★ Added by Jonathan

Another one of those Taxi Driver-type movies about a man who vows retribution against the society he abhors.

I liked this movie, purely for Michael Douglas' character, "D-FENS". One could dub him a Travis Bickle of the 90's, going through a mid-life crisis.

Falling Down not only performs satisfactorily as a political satire, but it has comic value, too. One such scene where D-FENS enters a generic fast-food restaurant and orders breakfast, only to be told that it was too…

• andieftr

★★★ Watched by andieftr 13 Jun, 2014

Τρελός ή τρελαμένος; Ακόμη προσπαθώ να καταλάβω.

• Ali Moneib

★★★★ Watched by Ali Moneib 15 Jun, 2014

Before making Batman go head to head with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Joel Schumacher directed 1993’s Falling Down. One of the director’s finest efforts, Falling Down is a very good film that is certainly worth your time.

In the film’s excellent opening scene, we see Bill stuck in traffic. The car horns are honking, a fly keeps bugging him, and as America would say, “the heat was hot”. And I mean really hot. He decided to just leave his car on go…