• Quintijn Vos

★★★★★ Watched by Quintijn Vos 30 Apr, 2016

Great to see so much anger in a man who has had it with society! The character development was phenomenal, as I felt some real sympathy for Bill (Michael Douglas) in the beginning. Robert Duvall was the unexpected star of the film for me, Detective Prendergasts whole character just resonated with me. I'm glad this film was made, thanks world!

• Rodney Terrell

★★★½ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 24 Apr, 2016

500 DIFFERENT FILMS IN 2016
    Film 166
    Falling Down

See there was a time before he took on the Batman franchise where Joel Schumacher could make some pretty interesting films. Falling Down is one of them and it's a rare Hollywood film that allows it's lead to be a true antihero. This guy is a mess and Michael Douglas plays it great because at first you are kinda cheering him on even if he seems to be going a little…

• Stu Kirwan

★★★★ Watched by Stu Kirwan 22 Apr, 2016

Slightly letdown by a ham-fisted finale but if you just take it as a piece of mindless entertainment and gloss over the message that it seemed to want to portray then it's a good bit of all-round fun.

Really made me need to go grab a Coke half-way through as well, fantastic product placement .

• Jason Bally

★★★ Added by Jason Bally

A couple of good performances from Douglas and Duvall, and the movie starts out really promising, but it ends up being pretty heavy-handed by the finish.

• Pretiacruento

★★★★ Rewatched by Pretiacruento 20 Mar, 2016

I've passed the point of no return. Do you know what that is, Beth? That's the point in a journey where it's longer to go back to the beginning. It's like when those astronauts got in trouble. I don't know, somebody messed up, and they had to get them back to Earth. But they had passed the point of no return. They were on the other side of the moon and were out of contact for like hours. Everybody waited…

• DanielFalk

★★★★★ Rewatched by DanielFalk 08 Apr, 2016

Manages to be really damn bleak and flat-out hilarious at the same time. The writing is SO good and the acting is fantastic, especially by Duvall and Douglas. Schumacher's bold direction is great, too.

• lukemccabe16

★★★ Watched by lukemccabe16 01 Apr, 2016

What makes Falling Down morbidly entertaining is the fascination it places on the human condition rather than the human acts. Not what Douglas does but how he does it and where, mentally, he starts and finishes. We are treated to a character driven psychological breakdown with some good supporting characters and some bad.

The film, directed by Joel Schumacher, stars Michael Douglas as ‘D-Fens’, a typical ‘little man’ who after one annoyance too many decides to snap and goes on…

• JACKADOOR Delarge

★★★★★ Watched by JACKADOOR Delarge 02 Apr, 2016

A brilliant look inside big city stress. Even though this film was made in 1992, 24 years ago, it is still so relevant. Michael Douglas gives a fantastic
    performance as the worker who just wants to get home. Robert Duvall is brilliant also. A thought provoking film!

• David Baker

★★★½ Watched by David Baker 02 Apr, 2016

Some really memorable moments

• ElaineAndPhil

★★★★★ Added by ElaineAndPhil

Out of all the fantastic pieces of cinema this is my all time favourite. Michael Douglas is menacing as the man who is falling down. Maybe hope, honour and friendship will bring him up again!

• Sam Bartholomew

★★★ Watched by Sam Bartholomew 25 Mar, 2016

Predictable, but still pretty decent.

• Silvia Guardiani

★★★★ Watched by Silvia Guardiani 17 Mar, 2016

The first amazing thing is the surprising amount of motherfuckers you can meet within only a few hours in a sick urban area.
    The second amazing thing is that the first one is not that amazing, after all.