• Trent

★★ Watched by Trent 10 Sep, 2014

Had to watch this for school

• BillyStevenson

Watched by BillyStevenson 18 Sep, 2014

“A tale of urban reality” for the 1990s, Falling Down follows William Foster (Michael Douglas), a white middle class everyman, as he rampages his way across L.A. over the course of a single day, trying to make it “home” to his estranged ex-wife (Barbara Hershey) while pursued by a policeman who’s working his own last day before retirement (Robert Duvall). In many ways, it feels like a critique of the vigilante films of the late 1970s and early 1980s, although…

• Coalton Ross

★★★ Watched by Coalton Ross 08 Sep, 2014

Though the film has excellent performances and its narrative is well-paced, Falling Down lacks coherence in its message. Its ideology features a protagonist willing to go farther than any human should in order to justify his annoyances at trivial matters and affairs beyond his capability to change. While this makes for a highly entertaining film and a juicy, complex role for Michael Douglas, the themes of the film suffer from a lack of structure and resolute delivery as a result of its bitterness and heavy-handed delivery.

• Erix Antoine

★★★★★ Rewatched by Erix Antoine 31 Aug, 2014

I'm inclined to call this the quintessential 90s movie.

Because, as an apocalyptic observation of American society in fast decay at the dawn of the Clinton administration, well...it's pretty friggin transportive. At the time of its release, it felt like a potent powder keg -- one of those rare movies that actually take you inside to live in them. Now, it still feels that way. But the time capsule aspect of it is eerie and resonant in some unexpected ways.…

• Juan Bacaro

★★★★ Rewatched by Juan Bacaro 28 Aug, 2014

Luego de la apoteósica + monstruosa "Relatos Salvajes", ¿cómo no rememorar el tema con esta gema de hace ya más de 20 años?

Es además el único guión de largometraje (o casi) de Ebbe Roe Smith, cuya foto en IMDB es muy sugerente y extraña.

La película estuvo en Cannes compitiendo por la Palme d'Or. Para mí una de las mejores de Joel Schumacher, sumada a "Veronica Guerin", "The Lost Boys", "Flawless", "Phone Booth", "The Client" y "A time to…

• Sam Donchess

★★★½ Watched by Sam Donchess 23 Aug, 2014

It's crazy that this was from the same guy who made "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". Schumacher has plenty of great ideas about violence and anarchy that are explored in pocketed moments, but nothing more than that.

• Erik Stolpmann

★★★ Watched by Erik Stolpmann 14 Aug, 2014

You probably won't like Michael Douglas in Falling Down, but you probably won't hate him, either. He is something of an anti-hero, although one that encompasses the rage against our consumeristic society that dictates the narrative. It is more tame than one might think, but delivers several tense scenes that will reveal the growing decay in Douglas' character alongside the growing decay of society around him.

• Sarah Collins

★★★½ Watched by Sarah Collins 09 Aug, 2014

Has everything I need in a film. I really enjoyed this, Michael Douglas is not someone I rate highly at all but this kinda changed my opinion. It's angst and anger worked fantastic and the script was pretty top notch too.

• Chris Hodgson

★★½ Added by Chris Hodgson

Shows its age badly but Douglas is still solid despite the character starting off as incredibly unsympathetic. His racist tirade in the Korean grocery store felt so bizarre through 2014 eyes that by the time we got to the army surplus Nazi, I first wondered if the Douglas character was going to make friends with him and "shoot some faggots." It didn't come to that of course but that leaves the question, which side are we supposed to be sitting?…

• Maxim

★★★★★ Watched by Maxim 09 Aug, 2014

"And now you're gonna die, wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?"

• cwsmith

Watched by cwsmith 08 Aug, 2014

lol this terrible thing is basically Tea Party Asshole: The Movie. There might be an interesting movie in here if we weren't clearly supposed to identify with Douglas' protagonist, but man, it's been a long 20 years.

• Jason Ooi

★★★★ Watched by Jason Ooi 06 Aug, 2014

Falling Down is the movie that does what everyone wants to do but legally can't. It follows Michael Douglas as he finds and lashes out at all of the flaws in society, doing things that the average law abiding citizen only wishes that he could do.

This movie really reminded me of a Coen Brothers flick; the heavy use of dialogue, the color correction, the subtle humor, and the quirky dialogue really make this movie amazing. Also, the diner scene…