• Jacob Reader

★★★★ Watched by Jacob Reader 25 Nov, 2015

Michael Douglas has had enough of people and society and now he just wants to go home. He also has guns and things to say. It's great.

"Yeah, and now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat, how does it feel?"

• Sophie

★★★½ Added by Sophie

It's never quite clear whether we were meant to loathe or cheer for our short-tempered protagonist, but he weaves an interesting story for us regardless of how we judge his actions.

• stargrovestamos

★★½ Added by stargrovestamos

This film saddens, depresses and frightens me more than other exploitative and or horror movies. Sure, the movie challenges your ability to relate the protagonist but it has too pessimistic of a world view for my tastes.

• Joel

★★★★ Watched by Joel 15 Nov, 2015

Not only is this still a surprisingly fresh and relevant satire considering it is more than 20 years old, it was also directed by Joel Schumacher?!?! Seriously dude, what changed in the time between this and the Batman movies?

• Jordan Paolillo

★★★★½ Watched by Jordan Paolillo 07 Nov, 2015

An almost perfect film!
    'Falling Down' is the gripping story of what everyday people wish they had the balls to do. Following Ben Foster as he stands up for his consumer rights, orders breakfast after breakfast, walks over private golfing territory and marks his name over dangerous gangs just to reach his daughter. The script is solid, the performance is amazing the cinematography is great and the result is a near perfect film. The film loses it's self when involved with the detectives, but makes up for it in the tension filled scenes.
    "I'm coming home"

• Joel Clark

★★★ Watched by Joel Clark 06 Nov, 2015 1

Falling Down is a film I've wanted to see for a VERY long time. Mainly because Dirty Harry is one of my all time favorite films, and when typing in 'Movies like Dirty Harry' on Google, this is one of the many that would be recommended to me. I've only JUST managed to get my hands on it though!... Thoughts? Mixed! Very mixed. Mainly because it's a film made up of iconic and extremely well done and entertaining scenes, followed…

• Brenan6

★★★★ Watched by Brenan6 21 Oct, 2015

Joel Schumacher shows us what happens when you incarnate everyones worst frustrations of everyday life into a living, breathing, sweating man. The first 2/3's of this film were brilliant. Tense, comical, and gripping, the actions and irritations of Michael Douglas' hero/anti hero character are fascinating. On his way home to visit his daughter on her birthday at his ex-wife's home, stuck in traffic, fed up, he snaps. He abandons his car and goes on a rampage targeting social bad behavior.…

• lindsayrhoda

★★★★★ Added by lindsayrhoda

Watching someone lose it and destroy everything around them and their life has never been funnier

• Carlos Riquelme

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Riquelme 16 Aug, 2015

La decadencia de la vida en la ciudad, el retrato del neocapitalismo aplastando al hombre común, de un sistema que nos falla, de un sociopata en piel de oficinista, de un desempleado que aplastado por crisis tras crisis ya no sabe cómo desahogarse sin explotar y hacer daño a quienes le rodean. Un hombre sin justificativos, un policía a punto de retirarse. Un buen actor en un buen papel, un director regular con un buen guión. Eso es Falling Down.

• JustinBateman

★★★★ Added by JustinBateman

"I'm the bad guy? How did that happen?"

William 'D-Fens' Foster (Michael Douglas) is trying to get across a gridlocked LA to visit his estranged family on the birthday of his daughter. Unable to do so, he violently takes his frustrations out on the unsuspecting people of the city.

Douglas shows his class as a leading man with a riveting performance of a man at the end of his tether. Director Joel Schumacher captures perfectly the heat of the city,…

• J_o_n_a_t_h_a_n

★★★½ Added by J_o_n_a_t_h_a_n

A movie than has numerous unintentionally humorous scenes.
    (Still a great movie though)

• Zach