• Jack Gattanella

★★★★★ Added by Jack Gattanella

American Beauty if it was written by George Carlin.

• TheBodhisattva

Added by TheBodhisattva

Yeah, well, hey....I'm real sorry

• Hassan Vawda

★★★½ Rewatched by Hassan Vawda 02 Oct, 2015

we've all had one of these days and this is what this film is for.

• JohnTyler

★★★★★ Added by JohnTyler 1

Falling Down is many things: Joel Schumacher's best film, one of the most underrated films of the 1990's, a fantastic thriller, and an effective commentary on the constraints and irritations of modern society, featuring a protagonist whose actions may be extreme but is strangely and surprisingly sympathetic, and is brought to life by a career-best performance from the great Michael Douglas.

• Alex Vieira

★★½ Watched by Alex Vieira 23 Sep, 2015

É como se o tipo do The War of the Roses decidisse, em vez de descarregar todo a sua raiva na sua mulher, colocar-se contra a sociedade e exteriorizar todo o seu ódio, possuindo uma mala com armas e ameaçando as mais diversas classes sociais. Um basta na vida urbana diária. A acumulação de todos os aborrecimentos da vida impediu o controle na mente deste homem.

Falling Down foi um filme que gerou controversa no seu lançamento. Foi descrito como…

• michael hand

★★★★ Watched by michael hand 19 Sep, 2015

A great movie which plays around with social standing and what is truly psychologically right and wrong. Quite an interesting experience.

• Jake Yardley

★★★★ Watched by Jake Yardley 18 Sep, 2015

Angry white man plays an intense game of swaps.

• Craig Dawson

★★★½ Rewatched by Craig Dawson 28 Aug, 2015

A borderline personality disordered defense worker frustrated with the various flaws he sees in society, begins to psychotically and violently lash out against them.

I'd not seen this since my early teenage years so was more than happy to watch it at a mate's house. There's an inherent fun in watching a character who has lost it just going nuts. Some elements have aged a bit and I'm not sure you'd get away with some of the racial stereotyping these days.

Overall a fun watch that is perfect for a Friday night.

• zsocso

★★★★ Watched by zsocso 15 Sep, 2015

Falling Down is the best Michael Douglas movie in my opinion.

• Jeff Gallashaw

★★★½ Added by Jeff Gallashaw

On the day of his daughter's birthday, William "D-Fens" Foster is trying to get home of his estranged ex-wife to see her daughter. He has a breakdown and leaves his car in a traffic jam in Los Angeles and decides to walk. Then he goes to a convenience store and tries to get some changes for a phone call but the Korean owner does not change his money. The unstable William breaks apart the shop with a baseball bat and…

• Michael Woods

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Woods 05 Sep, 2015

I know this was directed by the same guy who did 'Batman and Robin', but this film

This film just came out of nowhere and just blew my mind. I can understand why this film has some controversy, but this film.

This film possibly gets better with age, I don't know, But this film proves that anyone can crack at any moment. Bill Foster was not born this way, he became this way, he just could not take it.

At the end, I know I possibly might sound a little bit dramatic, but I think I almost cried at the end.

Personal reasons by the way.

• Dave

★★★½ Added by Dave

One of Michael Douglas' best performances.

This is a biting social commentary, but also a funny, edgy thriller about a guy who just won't take the abuse of society anymore. Not a masterpiece, but an absorbing, most interesting picture from Joel Schumacher.