• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★½ Watched by Jaime Rebanal 01 Mar, 2015

Full review: filmbroadcaster.weebly.com/reviews/falling-down

When I watched Falling Down, I was already left to think of one thing: How flawed is the world in which we live in? When I came out of the film I was still left thinking about that, because whatever message Joel Schumacher was trying to convey inside Falling Down back then still feels rather relevant to think about nowadays. It's rather brave of him to make such a film that can already engage his own audiences'…

• Darren Fx

★★★★★ Watched by Darren Fx 25 Mar, 2015 2

"I'm the Bad Guy?"

Before seeing Falling Down, I didn't think Michael Douglas was a good actor. I thought he was mediocre at best. But Falling Down proves me wrong. He acts with such power, insanity and drive that pushes Falling Down from an average film to a 5 star film.

Before seeing Falling Down, I thought Joel Schumacher directed pretty terrible films. So he did make classics like The Lost Boys and A Time To Kill, but he also…

• Jack Cunliffe

★★★★ Watched by Jack Cunliffe 21 Mar, 2015

It's a Los Angeles heat wave and tempers are wearing thin. A typical rush hour traffic jam sees beeping horns, screaming children, loudmouthed yuppies and a never ending line of cars. One man is in the midst of this all and he waits in his car impatiently, nervously. The man wears a white shirt and tie. He has horn rimmed glasses and a military haircut. He is an unremarkable man. An office drone, a disposable cog in the urban machine.…

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gorman 12 Mar, 2015

Michael Douglas plays William Foster, a fallen apart man who just takes off from his car one day and tries to get home and sees what he considers the bad of the world. Each encounter with trying to get home gets him farther down a dangerous path. Highly recommended

• Voina

★★★★ Added by Voina

The movie is a masterpiece, it actually challenges many problems that are as menacing today as they were in 1993 in a very interesting manner. Michael Douglas brings good character to life, creating a multidimensional person who is I think mosT people will end up rooting for. That's not say he has quite the mean streak, nor that he is a hero. Rather he is a sympathetic Antihero who can no longer tolerate his descent into oblivion in a society that has left him for dead.

• Warriors

★★★★★ Added by Warriors

M.Douglas was fantastic in this picture - in an interview he later had he sad that a lot of Americans were on the loose in the 90's! with a briefcase with just an appel and some sandwiches because they lost their job!
    So the movie was very realistic at the time - and nothing is changed since then i suppose!

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 28 May, 1993

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I love this film. I think there's a little D-FENS in all of us, and I know I loved seeing Douglas flip out and do what I wish I could do what he momentarily gets away with. He's what happens when we can't take the system anymore, put simply. Of course, it's deeper than that, and this depth is unravelled as his journey across Los Angeles unfolds. And I love films that have this kind of immediacy, where the timeline…

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

We are taught about the ripple effect in such a minute, and yet impersonal way now. What you say can actually get you fired, ostracized and bullied (though we are encouraged to always have something to say or everyone will forget us - a fate worse than death for most people my age). Here is a look at how actions in a physical world ripple outwards - something that we are more able to keep at bay because we are…

• wiz52

★★★★★ Watched by wiz52 27 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This might just be one of my new favourite films. If you thought you were having a crap day, William Foster just wants to see his daughter on her birthday and all manner of bedlam goes down.

• The Film Avenger

★★★★ Added by The Film Avenger

A compelling crime thriller. It reminds me that Joel Schumacher is a talented filmmaker...as long as he stays away from Batman.

The story is simple, and it doesn't really need to be. This film is character study of two men. While Douglas' character is given top billing, it's really about both him and Duvall's Pendergast, and their eventual philosophical collision. Both men have been beaten down by their lives, but are dealing with it in very different ways. Both attempt…

• Chris Vallée

★★★★ Watched by Chris Vallée 24 Feb, 2015

I never would have guessed that Joel Schumacher had it in him to make a movie like this! Such an exciting tongue in cheek thriller that constantly straddles the line between rooting for the 'bad guy' and the 'good guys'.

• Alexander Heff

★★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

'An unemployed defense worker frustrated with the various flaws he sees in society, begins to psychotically and violently lash out against them.

''And now you're gonna die, wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?''

This movie is absolutely ridiculous in the best possible way and it would be very offensive and shocking if it weren't so silly. Michael Douglas give a fantastic performance as D-Fens a man who has reached his boiling point. This is a brilliant 90's cult classic.

You'll laugh, you'll gasp and you might even shed a tear.

Unnerving and entertaining.