• Cipriano

★★★½ Watched by Cipriano 25 Apr, 2015

As Bill Foster, I can’t bear some people sometimes. Because society leaves much to be desired and can make easily somebody get mad. So at a certain point I sympathize with Foster's upset therefore the film got me into it from the very beginning. It goes from almost comedy to drama as we follow a kind of psychopath Bill Foster (Michael Douglas) on his way home while a strong criticism of society is being made.

• Eastwood Allen

★★★½ Watched by Eastwood Allen 15 Apr, 2015

Schumacher can't help but give characters an extra dosage of meladrama. Fun viewing with some rather funny/dated setups

• massageman

★★★½ Watched by massageman 11 Apr, 2015

Michael Douglas plays one of the best roles in his career in one of Schumacher's best films that I think most people can relate to in one way or another.

• Steven Twatmuch

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steven Twatmuch 05 Apr, 2015

"What is this? Faggot SHIET?!"

10/10 dialogue.

• Ben

★★★ Watched by Ben 03 Apr, 2015

Todd Solondz presents Grand Theft Auto.

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★½ Watched by Jaime Rebanal 01 Mar, 2015

Full review: filmbroadcaster.weebly.com/reviews/falling-down

When I watched Falling Down, I was already left to think of one thing: How flawed is the world in which we live in? When I came out of the film I was still left thinking about that, because whatever message Joel Schumacher was trying to convey inside Falling Down back then still feels rather relevant to think about nowadays. It's rather brave of him to make such a film that can already engage his own audiences'…

• Darren Fx

★★★★★ Watched by Darren Fx 25 Mar, 2015 2

"I'm the Bad Guy?"

Before seeing Falling Down, I didn't think Michael Douglas was a good actor. I thought he was mediocre at best. But Falling Down proves me wrong. He acts with such power, insanity and drive that pushes Falling Down from an average film to a 5 star film.

Before seeing Falling Down, I thought Joel Schumacher directed pretty terrible films. So he did make classics like The Lost Boys and A Time To Kill, but he also…

• Jack Cunliffe

★★★★ Watched by Jack Cunliffe 21 Mar, 2015

It's a Los Angeles heat wave and tempers are wearing thin. A typical rush hour traffic jam sees beeping horns, screaming children, loudmouthed yuppies and a never ending line of cars. One man is in the midst of this all and he waits in his car impatiently, nervously. The man wears a white shirt and tie. He has horn rimmed glasses and a military haircut. He is an unremarkable man. An office drone, a disposable cog in the urban machine.…

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gorman 12 Mar, 2015

Michael Douglas plays William Foster, a fallen apart man who just takes off from his car one day and tries to get home and sees what he considers the bad of the world. Each encounter with trying to get home gets him farther down a dangerous path. Highly recommended

• Voina

★★★★ Added by Voina

The movie is a masterpiece, it actually challenges many problems that are as menacing today as they were in 1993 in a very interesting manner. Michael Douglas brings good character to life, creating a multidimensional person who is I think mosT people will end up rooting for. That's not say he has quite the mean streak, nor that he is a hero. Rather he is a sympathetic Antihero who can no longer tolerate his descent into oblivion in a society that has left him for dead.

• Warriors

★★★★★ Added by Warriors

M.Douglas was fantastic in this picture - in an interview he later had he sad that a lot of Americans were on the loose in the 90's! with a briefcase with just an appel and some sandwiches because they lost their job!
    So the movie was very realistic at the time - and nothing is changed since then i suppose!

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 28 May, 1993

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I love this film. I think there's a little D-FENS in all of us, and I know I loved seeing Douglas flip out and do what I wish I could do what he momentarily gets away with. He's what happens when we can't take the system anymore, put simply. Of course, it's deeper than that, and this depth is unravelled as his journey across Los Angeles unfolds. And I love films that have this kind of immediacy, where the timeline…